GM script - search mall prices when adding a store item

Public forum for the discussion of strategy.
Antipasta
AFH

GM script - search mall prices when adding a store item

Post by Antipasta » Tue Jan 20, 2009 7:23 pm

One Ton Tomato has a nice greasemonkey script that lets you search mall prices from the "manage prices" screen; I completely stole his work to make a script that puts his search buttons on the screen where you add items. Now you can see mall prices when you add stuff to your store. It's semi-convenient. It's maybe 5% my work. Yay lazy programming!

The original manage prices script:
http://kol.upup.us/scripts/#ManagePrices

Search prices from the add store item screen:
http://antimarty.googlepages.com/mallsearch_from_add_item.0.2.user.js

If it's broken, let me know, and I'll blame One Ton Tomato.

lostcalpolydude
Forum Maestro

Post by lostcalpolydude » Tue Jan 20, 2009 8:34 pm

After mispricing a Mr. A from the screen to add stuff to the mall (by pressing Enter before adding any zeros), I refuse to price things from there. I like having a bunch of 9s there to type in front of, then delete the 9's. A script that pre-filled those fields with 9s would make this really nice (or adding it to this script, I don't know if most people wouldn't like that though).
bmaher: Softcore character
lostcalpolydude: Hardcore character (abandoned)

Antipasta
AFH

Post by Antipasta » Wed Jan 21, 2009 5:57 am

lostcalpolydude wrote:I refuse to price things from there

I've always felt exactly the opposite - that the manage prices screen is the risky one. Every single item in your store is up for repricing on that screen, and a single errant keystroke can kill you without you even realizing that you re-priced something.

When you use the main entry screen you get instant feedback on the prices that you set (instead of just a message that "prices were updated"), and if you see that you priced something wrong, the "take all" button is right there in front of you. It's saved me several times.

lostcalpolydude
Forum Maestro

Post by lostcalpolydude » Wed Jan 21, 2009 10:16 am

I guess the mistake is whether you can't read or can't type, but having 9s on the Add to Store page would allow both to be a moot point.
bmaher: Softcore character
lostcalpolydude: Hardcore character (abandoned)