HC IotM priority?

Public forum for the discussion of strategy.
Omri
AFH

HC IotM priority?

Post by Omri » Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:17 pm

Say a certain somebody started casually playing again on a brand new character for the thrill of ascending from nothing, and gained some meat from a combination of Crimbo farming and luck in the game-that-shall-not-be-named. Then say that said person is way out of touch with the speed game since quests got all revamped and new IotMs have been released. Then say that said person would like some tips on what IotMs to get with said mini-meat-windfall. That's where you come in ;)

NotJim
Pie in the Sky

Re: HC IotM priority?

Post by NotJim » Sat Dec 29, 2012 4:10 am

approximately in order

scarecrow
stomping boots
clip art
dragon teeth
VIP key
obtuse angel
resolutions
goth kid
camp scout backpack
nanorhino
Last edited by NotJim on Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sham
Fie the Pie

Post by sham » Sat Dec 29, 2012 5:47 am

robot reindeer? what for?
you can definitely add a cute angel to the list.

NotJim
Pie in the Sky

Post by NotJim » Sat Dec 29, 2012 6:41 am

oh yeah forgot about angel, probs right after VIP key

reindeer is at the very bottom for a reason

Omri
AFH

Post by Omri » Sat Dec 29, 2012 2:34 pm

I was looking at the scarecrow and the stomping boots. How is the scarecrow typically used? I've seen a lot of ascensions with heavy use of it, and it looks like it's hatrack-esque. Fax/YR for spangly sombrero and pants, and use pants on scarecrow, I'd guess? And I suppose the awesome drink + skiff does make dragon teeth better than peppermint (though that parasol looks pretty cool, and the I read something suggesting the crook could be awesome for filthworms)?

Upon some people's suggestions in /clan, I'm thinking I might try HC Avatar of Boris runs for a bit since they sound fun for lowskill (and different!), and it was suggested I get Boris' Helm and the Camp Scout Backpack.

On another note, is it possible to HC Perm multiple skills per ascension if you save up enough Karma? I quit ascending before that particular revamp.

Mai
oh hai

Post by Mai » Sat Dec 29, 2012 3:36 pm

Omri wrote:
On another note, is it possible to HC Perm multiple skills per ascension if you save up enough Karma? I quit ascending before that particular revamp.
Yep! You just need many karmas.

Draco Cracona
Gatekeeper of Hell

Post by Draco Cracona » Sat Dec 29, 2012 5:13 pm

Omri wrote:I was looking at the scarecrow and the stomping boots. How is the scarecrow typically used? I've seen a lot of ascensions with heavy use of it, and it looks like it's hatrack-esque. Fax/YR for spangly sombrero and pants, and use pants on scarecrow, I'd guess? And I suppose the awesome drink + skiff does make dragon teeth better than peppermint (though that parasol looks pretty cool, and the I read something suggesting the crook could be awesome for filthworms)?

Upon some people's suggestions in /clan, I'm thinking I might try HC Avatar of Boris runs for a bit since they sound fun for lowskill (and different!), and it was suggested I get Boris' Helm and the Camp Scout Backpack.

Yeah, Spangly on the pantsrack and your head, with other minor uses like a frilly skirt or somesuch for runs like Classy.

Outside of HCO, you want skeletons. In HCO, Peppermints win with all these lovely parasols. Crooks are just a pain in the arse with a 10% droprate gland.

NotJim
Pie in the Sky

Post by NotJim » Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:46 pm

sham wrote:robot reindeer? what for?
by robot reindeer,

i mean nanorhino.

Wow I'm good.

Caspanion
Just Plain Old Pie

Post by Caspanion » Thu Jul 11, 2013 8:16 pm

Wow. I would have thought Clip Art would be on top due to its great versatility.

I am also a little surprised to see the scarecrow on top - even before getting the fax or YR access which seem to usually power it.