Wienerbot

Public forum for the discussion of strategy.
snarkypants
Contest Master of Heck

Wienerbot

Post by snarkypants » Wed Jul 10, 2013 12:00 pm

I'm not sure if anyone is going to come up with a Kingdom-wide solution, but I just nabbed "Wienerbot" as a multi; if people are interested in having her serve delicious encased meats to AFH/AFHk/BAFH, I'll get cracking on some pykol. (If nobody cares or if there's already a Faxbot-like solution in place, no harm done; I haven't bought a VIP Key yet.)

lotsofphil
Leader of rum ham

Re: Wienerbot

Post by lotsofphil » Wed Jul 10, 2013 12:45 pm

The name is good, but I'd rather have a Mr. A and a less cool name than wienerbot and no Mr. A :(

That said, it's a pretty cool service.

snarkypants
Contest Master of Heck

Post by snarkypants » Wed Jul 10, 2013 1:21 pm

I'll buy the Mr. A - I just don't want to do so if anyone feels this is a terrible idea for some reason or if competent people are known to be working on the problem.

thacon
Fiendishly At Large

Post by thacon » Wed Jul 10, 2013 1:40 pm

I'm not sure I get it. What exactly would this bot do? Stock the ingredients for each kind of dog?

snarkypants
Contest Master of Heck

Post by snarkypants » Wed Jul 10, 2013 2:17 pm

The idea is that you'd bank components for a dog before a run and message Wienerbot when you're ready to eat your ghost dog (or whatever), at which point the bot would check to make sure you had enough items banked to make a hot dog, blip on over to the lounge, insert the components, and message you that it was ready. Avoids the problem of people accidentally eating hot dogs that you had planned for.

Obviously this isn't an issue for side clans with a hot dog stand and it's probably not even a problem for Hell or Heck -- someone in chat would almost certainly fix things -- but I could definitely see it being a problem for the large mass of people who use BAFH or other large clans.

Draco Cracona
Gatekeeper of Hell

Post by Draco Cracona » Wed Jul 10, 2013 2:35 pm

snarkypants wrote:The idea is that you'd bank components for a dog before a run and message Wienerbot when you're ready to eat your ghost dog (or whatever), at which point the bot would check to make sure you had enough items banked to make a hot dog, blip on over to the lounge, insert the components, and message you that it was ready. Avoids the problem of people accidentally eating hot dogs that you had planned for.

Obviously this isn't an issue for side clans with a hot dog stand and it's probably not even a problem for Hell or Heck -- someone in chat would almost certainly fix things -- but I could definitely see it being a problem for the large mass of people who use BAFH or other large clans.
This bot is a really, really good idea. Do you need some meat towards the VIP key? It nicely solves the issue for BAFH, and potentially other clans with few members.

lotsofphil
Leader of rum ham

Post by lotsofphil » Wed Jul 10, 2013 3:21 pm

I thought you would just send it meat and it would mall-buy.

Like say spooky wads are 450 meat. Send it 25*450 meat and the words "whatever the hell a spooky ghost hot dog is called". It mall buys, hops to your clan, drops in spookys, PMs you.

Draco Cracona
Gatekeeper of Hell

Post by Draco Cracona » Wed Jul 10, 2013 3:30 pm

Probably easiest to have to send it some wads. It's tricky otherwise, for example if the prices change between it checking the prices to ask you and it buying, or if there's only one at the lowest price etc.. I'd personally have you just /w spooky or similar, with commands to check your stock of dog ingredients, and instructions in the profile.

lotsofphil
Leader of rum ham

Post by lotsofphil » Wed Jul 10, 2013 3:57 pm

Draco Cracona wrote:Probably easiest to have to send it some wads. It's tricky otherwise, for example if the prices change between it checking the prices to ask you and it buying, or if there's only one at the lowest price etc.. I'd personally have you just /w spooky or similar, with commands to check your stock of dog ingredients, and instructions in the profile.
But then you're out of luck if you have no spooky wads in Hagnks and haven't stocked the bot. And my way is (closer to being) stateless. Your way sounds fine, too.

snarkypants
Contest Master of Heck

Post by snarkypants » Wed Jul 10, 2013 5:41 pm

I think Phil's idea is better but more complicated. First version is probably not going to support meat-based transactions, because I am lazy.

maddsurgeon
Fie the Pie

Post by maddsurgeon » Wed Jul 10, 2013 6:53 pm

I wonder if would be ultimately possible for the account to farm wads or buy them when they dip in costs, thus offering a cheaper service, kind of like the high-level buffbots that buy MP in bulk?

Just a thought, probably too complicated to be worth it. I wouldn't know how to go about structuring/scripting that myself. Probably better just to send the thing current Mall price.

Draco Cracona
Gatekeeper of Hell

Post by Draco Cracona » Sat Jul 13, 2013 2:10 am

How's wienerbot coming along? rlbond86 on GD has kindly offered to send us the code of a similar bot that thay've made, http://forums.kingdomofloathing.com/vb/ ... tcount=555.

snarkypants
Contest Master of Heck

Post by snarkypants » Sun Jul 14, 2013 10:54 am

I have Wienerbot capable of accepting kmails, banking items, and (sort of) taking requests. I need to wire up actually confirming that you have enough items in place and dumping them into the hot dog stand, and then add items other than just sleaze wads. At that point, I think Wienerbot will be functional enough to serve as a BAFH hot dog bot (running under cron every 5 minutes or whatever) if Flori or anyone else can provide hosting. I'll have the code available for people to play with sometime next week.

Things the initial release won't do:
* Open boxes if you send her gift boxes.
* Switch clans.
* Do anything with meat if you send her meat.
* Respond to anything in /chat including direct messages.
* Run daemonized.

blisterguy
Master of the Coin

Post by blisterguy » Sun Jul 14, 2013 7:47 pm

I'm guessing Flori won't be hosting at this point.

lostcalpolydude
Forum Maestro

Post by lostcalpolydude » Sun Jul 14, 2013 7:52 pm

I might be able to host stuff, I won't be able to look into it until Tuesday or Wednesday when my stuff arrives though.
bmaher: Softcore character
lostcalpolydude: Hardcore character (abandoned)

snarkypants
Contest Master of Heck

Post by snarkypants » Sun Jul 14, 2013 9:24 pm

Okay, Wienerbot is functional enough for testing in AFHk. Currently not running on cron, just running manually, so send an email when I'm around and interacting with people in chat. I'll talk to Lost about getting it up and running in BAFH for testing later in the week.

Fred Nefler
AFH

Post by Fred Nefler » Tue Jul 16, 2013 3:11 pm

Important consideration:

Should it be given a Hot Daub Ensemble to wear?

snarkypants
Contest Master of Heck

Post by snarkypants » Wed Jul 17, 2013 4:08 pm

That would be funny, Fred! I'll level it up some so it could wear such a thing.

snarkypants
Contest Master of Heck

Post by snarkypants » Thu Jul 18, 2013 6:14 am

I've delivered the code to Lost, who is going to try to get it running under cron.

lostcalpolydude
Forum Maestro

Post by lostcalpolydude » Sat Jul 20, 2013 9:48 am

Using cwbot from rlbond86 and the VIP-laden character provided by snarkypants, wienerbot (#2416118) is up and running. Sending a kmail with "hotdog" should give all the necessary instructions. You can send it items in a gift box or retrieve ingredients. I'll announce this more widely after rollover if no one finds a way to break it before then.

If you sent ingredients before today, they didn't carry over to the new code. If you really want them back, I can manually handle that...

lightwolf
AFH

Post by lightwolf » Sun Jul 21, 2013 12:32 pm

Does the bot rely on 'local storage' to keep track of your stocked items? Will that be an issue if it changes host/servers/re-coded in the future?

lostcalpolydude
Forum Maestro

Post by lostcalpolydude » Sun Jul 21, 2013 2:10 pm

The database storing that is stored along with the rest of the bot's code, and it can easily be moved along with everything else if moving to a different host is needed.