Didlo's 3 Day SCNP Planning

Public forum for the discussion of strategy.
DidloDiddly
Pie of the Sky

Didlo's 3 Day SCNP Planning

Post by DidloDiddly » Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:40 pm

Hi there!

Relatively new toy here from DiTR VI. I am trying to plan for my very first 3 day SCNP run, to see if I can start chaining 3D SC runs for karma (and maximum fun).

I'm trying to make a planning list. My fastest run so far was a 4/847 KOLHS. I've been trying to look at 3-day SCNP run logs but I couldn't find any that weren't years and years old.

Here's my BCC profile. Before I start trying for this, I'm going on a few more KOLHS runs to pick up Tao, Wisdom, Ur-Kel's, Cocoon, and Spirit of Ravioli (+maxHP%). I also hope to acquire a Juju Mojo mask before then as well.

Am I missing any skills that are relatively imperative to doing a 3-day SCNP? Consumption skills, maybe?

How about Mr. Store items? I plan on using my Comma Chameleon as a Groose or other spleen familiar, or maybe even a Goth Kid. Maybe it's not worth the pulls for the Goth Kid.

Here's what I'm thinking so far for the pull lists:
Day 1 (quests up to the Goatlet, maybe?)
1. dreadlock whip
2. Crown of Thrones
3. Greatest American Pants
4. Pantsgiving
5. clockwork pirate skull
6. operation patriot shield
7. C.A.R.N.I.V.O.R.E button
8. Juju Mojo Mask/C.A.R.N.I.V.O.R.E button (if I don't get the Mask)
9. cane-mail shirt
10. ring of conflict
11. spruce juice (for Groose, Chameleon)
12. slimy alveolus
13. milk of magnesium
14. key lime pie
15. key lime pie
16. key lime pie
17. Crackpot Mystic Jar
18. The Legendary Beat
19. spooky putty sheet
20. bucket of wine
Day 2 (Level 9-11 quest, halfway through MacGuffin)
1. ore
2. ore
3. ore/guitarrr if it's chrome
4. star/digital lime pie
5. star/digital lime pie
6. star/digital lime pie
7. SHC to be substituted for another pull- making regular advanced drink instead
8. SHC to be substituted for another pull- making regular advanced drink instead
9. corpse drink to be substituted for another pull- making regular advanced drink or Tavern beer instead
10. bucket of wine
11. wet stew
12. pirate outfit item
13-20. quest pulls, day 2 first, then day 3 if there's room for pulls
Day 3 (rest of MacGuffin, War, NS)
1. star chart
2. star hat
3. star weapon
4. cyclops eyedrops/peppermint crook?
5. cyclops eyedrops/peppermint crook?
6. large box
7. sorority brain
8. mick's inhaler
9. mariachi item
10. mariachi item
11. mariachi item
12. tower item
13. tower item
14. tower item
15. tower item
16. tower item
17-20. food? drink? blankout?
As you can see, I'm stuck on some of the day 2 and day 3 pulls, just not sure what to do to try and pull for a 3-dayer. I also want to be able to chain these runs, so I'm not sure if I can afford multiple blank-out pulls for every single run. Any help would be appreciated.

YRs:
Day 1: Beanbat
Day 2: Hippy
Day 3: War Frat
Is it better to just burn a turn or two in Hippy to try and get the items, maybe? I can't think of any place better to do it. Also, am I putting in enough turngen to use more than one YR a day? I think I am, but I'm not 100%. I wasn't during KOLHS but that was with shitty booze- I think I might be able to this run with SHC.

Putties:
Day 1: Cyrpt +ML monsters
Day 2: Ninja snowman assassin x2, free x3
Day 3: LFM x4, Nuns bandit x1

Faxes:
Day 1: Looking for a Day 1 fax here
Day 2: Ninja assassin
Day 3: LFM

Semi-rares:
Day 1: KGE
Day 2: Baabaabuuran (sorry, didn't see this earlier and completely forgot)
Day 3: Inhaler
Is there a better Day 3 SR?
Last edited by DidloDiddly on Thu Nov 07, 2013 12:45 am, edited 6 times in total.

lotsofphil
Leader of rum ham

Re: Didlo's 3 Day SCNP Planning

Post by lotsofphil » Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:58 pm

Corpse drinks prob. aren't good pulls. You can get eggnog from crown of thrones (if you have the right familiar). Or just drink imported beer. Same with SHC. A pulled SHC gives 4 adv over a made-in-run AC. 4 adv is not good for a turngen pull.

You only need 4 spleen drops if you're taking astral energy drinks. That will very likely come within 45 turns of groose.

You can't fax smut orc pervert any more.

Probably better to pull a crackpot mystic jar than to fax and putty ghosts

I'd plan on pulling at least 1 other pirate outfit piece on D2.

Putty the Cyrpt monsters (modern zombie, swarm of whelps) if you have spares.

Fax the first assassin, don't hunt for him.

You should semirare the Baa'baba'bu'ran.

Instead of all those cyclops eyedrops pulls, maybe pull peppermint crooks?

Suendenbock
My Pie Blown Sky High

Post by Suendenbock » Mon Nov 04, 2013 10:17 pm

I am not sure if this would help you, but if you want I can parse and post one of my 3 day SC KOLHS runs? I understand it won't be the same but might still be helpful. I know reading annotated logs helps me, so I am just throwing it out there.

DidloDiddly
Pie of the Sky

Post by DidloDiddly » Tue Nov 05, 2013 2:15 am

Suendenbock wrote:I am not sure if this would help you, but if you want I can parse and post one of my 3 day SC KOLHS runs? I understand it won't be the same but might still be helpful. I know reading annotated logs helps me, so I am just throwing it out there.
That would be wonderful. I've been reading 3-day KOLHS and 2-day SCNP runs, no 3-day SCNP run log has been posted in the past year, sadly :(

The only minor issue I see is that KOLHS allows you to make items during school that helps with the quests. Namely, the ones I foresee are the bridges and the universal keys.
lotsofphil wrote:Corpse drinks prob. aren't good pulls. You can get eggnog from crown of thrones (if you have the right familiar). Or just drink imported beer. Same with SHC. A pulled SHC gives 4 adv over a made-in-run AC. 4 adv is not good for a turngen pull.
OK. Looking into fixing that, that'll free up some pulls. Will imported beer give me enough turngen?

I don't have the Robot Reindeer so that won't be able to produce eggnog from CoT.

Hopefully a lot of this will be fixed once I start cutting 4-day turns to ~700 or so, identifying all the errors along the way.

LeafyGreens
Inscrutable Pi

Post by LeafyGreens » Tue Nov 05, 2013 8:17 am

You can pull smut orc boxes if that's something you want to do.

What are mariachi pulls, the instruments?

Have you thought about starting on the telescope? That will start freeing up pulls on day three.

If it turns out you need turngen I'd think about a Wrecked Generator or two as needed. You get two per aftercore easily, and with the Porko script it's easy to build a little stockpile over time for runs where you find you need that extra oomph.

I really like peppermint crooks for the filth worms as well because it's less annoying.

You can also pull tangles of rat tails if you come up short, if you can get the item drops to make it worthwhile.

Do you not pull your OPS?

ungawa
AFH

Post by ungawa » Tue Nov 05, 2013 11:58 am

You might want to pick up The Legendary Beat if you don't have it. (http://kol.coldfront.net/thekolwiki/ind ... ndary_Beat)
It's a once per day reusable +50% item drop buff for 20 turns. Not usually worth a pull in a 2-day run, but if you have spare pulls in a 3+ day run, it can be great for evil eyes, dusty wine, tomb ratchets, filthworms or whatever else you're hunting for. It'll also help you start thinking about organizing the order you do quests to maximize the benefit from limited time item drop buffs.

Continuing the +item% theme, I'd add Mad Looting Skillz to your skill list for after you grab the ones you mentioned.
You may also want to grab a super-fairy (fancypants scarecrow or cheerleader) as a high priority Item of the Month after grabbing the juju mask. One big milestone is being able to guarantee getting items that have 30% drop rates (like in the f'n'cle) by having 234% item drop, ideally without using too many resources on limited buffs.

DidloDiddly
Pie of the Sky

Post by DidloDiddly » Thu Nov 07, 2013 12:02 am

Fancypants scarecrow will be added to my to-get list after Juju Mojo. With those two I should be able to towerkill...

blisterguy
Master of the Coin

Post by blisterguy » Thu Nov 07, 2013 4:20 pm

To be honest, I don't think the Pantsrack is that necessary for Tower Killing if you have a Potato and a Crown of Thrones carrying a Chihuahua. When buying IotM's for SC, I recommend evaluating just how much use you'd get out of it, and I don't think you'd get much use out of the Pantsrack right away.

Things you don't have that are better:
Tome of Clip Art (although it's rumoured it's going to be superseded soon.)
Libram of Party Favors/Libram of Brickos
Snow Suit
Order of the Green Thumb Order Form (Plants)
Folder Holder
Rogue Program (spleen and Finger Cuffs for tower killing)

DidloDiddly
Pie of the Sky

Post by DidloDiddly » Mon Nov 11, 2013 4:09 pm

So I've been reading around, and it seems like doing a BIG! run is pretty much like doing NP, and finding BIG ascension logs will be far easier than finding NP logs as no one does them anymore. Thoughts?

Oh, and I got my can of rain-doh, trading in a spooky putty sheet and a bunch of Meat for it. I can't believe what I've been missing.

lotsofphil
Leader of rum ham

Post by lotsofphil » Mon Nov 11, 2013 4:17 pm

DidloDiddly wrote:So I've been reading around, and it seems like doing a BIG! run is pretty much like doing NP, and finding BIG ascension logs will be far easier than finding NP logs as no one does them anymore. Thoughts?
Oh, and I got my can of rain-doh, trading in a spooky putty sheet and a bunch of Meat for it. I can't believe what I've been missing.
No problem doing BIG! runs. NP is harder than BIG, so if you do a 3/650 BIG, don't expect to do a 3/650 NP. And the run structure (what quests at what time, YRs, faxes, arrows, putties, familiar usage) will be different. But this sounds like a good change of pace. As always, keep an eye on the new challenge path. It might not be too restrictive and the karma bonus seems pretty compelling.