Trophy: Partners in Crime

Public forum for the discussion of strategy.
lotsofphil
Leader of rum ham

Trophy: Partners in Crime

Post by lotsofphil » Mon Feb 03, 2014 1:21 pm

http://kol.coldfront.net/thekolwiki/ind ... s_in_Crime

Does anyone know how to get this? My hunch is that you spread a klepto rumor about Cinderella and then put something in her purse. I've tried cigar (makes her go wash up), cinnamon (draws a curious glance. on the right track?) and ipecac (nothing). I figure that laudanum will mesh with opium rumor, whiskey flask with alcoholic and am too lazy to try to catch another mouse :)

At 65k per trial I am open to some outside wisdom.

edit: I initially wanted to load up her purse with stuff, but it looks like you can only put one thing in at a time. And can only borrow a handkerchief once per "run".

LeafyGreens
Inscrutable Pi

Re: Trophy: Partners in Crime

Post by LeafyGreens » Mon Feb 03, 2014 8:00 pm

The laudanum does go with the opium rumor, my first try I tripled those up with a lauded cannoli to unsurprising results. I swear I was just trying to get her stoned, I never meant to hurt her!

lotsofphil
Leader of rum ham

Post by lotsofphil » Tue Feb 04, 2014 12:40 pm

Sleeping mouse in purse does nothing special:

"Oh dear," you say loudly, pulling a face. "I do believe I'm going to sneeze! Cinderella, dear, loan me your hanky, quickly!"

Cinderella quickly opens her purse and hands you her handkerchief, and a (possibly) dead mouse falls out. She shrieks, freaking out a little. The prince, though startled, calms her down quickly, but the puzzled look on his face remains.

I've only been able to get the butler's key once. Not entirely sure why he isn't an option when I have a carnation.

artman186
Just Plain Old Pie

Post by artman186 » Fri Feb 07, 2014 1:28 pm

Took me a few tries to figure it out, but here's the sequence of what needs to happen:
  • Smoke a cigar (lounge)
    Start a rumor that Cindy is a kleptomaniac (lounge)
    Examine the curio cabinet (I'm not sure if this step is necessary)
    Examine the flowers (balcony)
    Speak with the baroness (balcony)
    Ask the baroness what's troubling her (balcony)
    Steal a hairpin from the baroness (dance floor)
    Pick the lock in the bathroom and grab the aspirin (restroom)
    Take the soap (restroom)
    Take the cheese (canapes table) -> this is important as this is where you will "see" the butler's key, apparently "seeing" the key in the restroom isn't good enough.
At this point you need the butler to go to the dance floor, then to the balcony, and then back to the dance floor. You need to kick the soap at the butler when he's back on the dance floor but Cindy must not be there or this won't work. Cindy is off the dance floor between 20 and 16 minutes. You could potentially kick the soap at him on the way up to optimize turns, but I have not tried that. This will net you the butler's medicine cabinet key.
  • Go back to the balcony and offer the baroness some aspirin. She will then offer to be a co-conspirator.
    Go to the bathroom and grab the bottle of laudanam
    Go to the lounge and spike the whiskey with the laudanam
I'm not sure how many turns it takes for the laudanam to take everybody out in the lounge, but as soon as they are all sleeping you can then pick the lock on the curio cabinet with your 2nd hairpin and swipe the silver cow creamer. Immediately go and slip it into Cindy's purse and then ask her for her handkerchief, landing you the trophy. Note that these last two steps must be executed between 10 and 6 minutes to midnight.

lotsofphil
Leader of rum ham

Post by lotsofphil » Fri Feb 07, 2014 3:47 pm

Thanks so much! I had given up on the curio cabinet. I thought it was just there to hint at the existence of leaderboard prizes.

lotsofphil
Leader of rum ham

Post by lotsofphil » Fri Feb 07, 2014 4:33 pm

Smoke a cigar (lounge)
Start a rumor that Cindy is a kleptomaniac (lounge)
Examine the curio cabinet (I'm not sure if this step is necessary; I think it is--Phil)
Examine the flowers (balcony)
Speak with the baroness (balcony)
Ask the baroness what's troubling her (balcony)
Steal a hairpin from the baroness (dance floor)
Pick the lock in the bathroom and grab the aspirin (restroom)
Take the soap (restroom)
Take the cheese (canapes table) -> this is important as this is where you will "see" the butler's key, apparently "seeing" the key in the restroom isn't good enough.
waste a turn/collect coins
Kick soap at butler (dance floor)
Go to the bathroom and grab the bottle of laudanam
Go to the lounge and spike the whiskey with the laudanam
Go back to the balcony and offer the baroness some aspirin. She will then offer to be a co-conspirator.
pick the lock in on the curio cabinet (available with 10 turns remaining)
slip the silver cow creamer into cinderella's purse (canapes table)
ask cinderella for a handkerchief (canapes table)

DONE :)