Welcome to the Land of Ed. A Myst like class who has a different view on staying healthy
Ed's "Campground" is the pyramid in the desert beach
* Instant access to the beach, but no access to your campground.
* No Tomes, Librams, Grimores
* No Garden, DNA/Workshed
* Your pvp Stone is located elsewhere...
Ed gains stats like a myst class.
* Starts with a 0 mp combat spell 'Mild Curse'
* Starts with a decent spell damage weapon
* Summon Love Mosquito is replaced with Love Scarabs, which drains MP instead of HP
* Has low native HP
* When beaten up during combat, get sent to the underworld... and can return to combat without spending an adv!
The events of Ed take place slightly after a normal NS run
* The Beanstalk already exist
* Have access to the Beach
* Have access to the pyramid which has already had its McGuffin Stolen (Changes to level 11 quest)
* You have to reach the bosses at level 11, but do not have to fight them.
* No wewt stew for Dr Akward.
* The NS tower has already been cleared by some jerk adventurer. No tower items needed. AT ALL!
Ed does not regain HP like a normal adventurer!
* HP restore items like Doc's or Chateu, do not restore your HP as expected.
* Ed gets healed to full every time he is beaten up in Combat, and can restart the fight where he left off
* Ed can buy Ed specific healing items with Ed specific currency**
** which you really only need if beaten up outside of combat
Alter: Where your McGuffin used to be
Servants quarters: Familiar replacement
Portal to the Underworld: You can shop, and do 'things' there, though it takes a turn to use at the pyrimid. However...
Book of the Undying: Your SKill Tree
Instead of familiars, you get the chance to release servants
You can release servants at levels 3,6,9,???, at which point they become available to you like familiars.
You may have one active servant with you at any given time.
Level 1: Gives unpleasant gifts (items for selling)
Level 7: Helps find items
Level 14: Lowers enemy stats
Level 21: Teaches you how to find items (Passive +25% item drop bonus)
Level 1: Lowers enemy stats
Level 7: Restores MP
Level 14: Picks pockets (Separate counter from lash, but can't both pickpocket the same target)
Level 21: Teaches you how to restore MP (Passive 8-10 MP regen per turn)
Level 1: Helps find meat
Level 7: Attacks enemies
Level 14: Prevents enemy attacks
Level 21: Teaches you how to find meat (Passive 50% meat drop)
Level 1: Prevents enemy attacks
Level 7: Attacks enemies
Level 14: Attacks enemies even when guarding
Level 21: Teaches you how to defend yourself (Passive 200 DA bonus)
Level 1: Improves stat gains
Level 7: Improves spell crit
Level 14: Improves spell damage
Level 21: Teaches you how to improve stat gains (Passive +5 myst stat per fight)
Level 1: Attacks undead enemies
Level 7: Improves evocation spells
Level 14: Improves Ka drops (+1 coin on monsters who drop coins)
Level 21: Teaches you how to improve spell damage (+40 spell damage)
Level 1: Attacks enemies
Level 7: Lowers enemy stats
Level 14: Staggers enemies
Level 21: Teaches you how to improve physical attacks (Passive +dmg bonus)
There are three linear trees.
* Invocations which are mostly Buffs, and give +stat, +NC, and +Item
* Evocations which are mostly Combat spells. But also gives +"Familiar", Pick Pocket, and Insta kill (YR?)
* Curses are Combat Utiilty skills: This includes stuns, Banish, and Olfacate
You start with 1 'skill point' and get one on levels not divisible by 3.
After getting all the skills, additional skill points can be turned into Servant experience.
Each tree is only 7 deep.
You can purchase individual Ed skill perms in Mr Store, by trading an Uncle buck for the talisman of seshat
Prayer of Seshat: Buff 5 MP: 10 turns of +3 Mysticality Stats Per Fight
Wisdom of Thoth: Buff 5 MP: 10 turns of Mysticality +10, Mysticality +50%
Power of Heka: Buff 10 MP: 10 turns of Spell Damage +20, +10% Spell Crit, Spell Damage +50%
Hide of Sobek: Buff 10 Mp: 10 turns of 50 DA, 5 DR, 1 resist all
Blessing of Serqet : Buff 15 MP: 10 turns of +20 to Monster Level
Shelter of Shed: Buff 15 MP: 10 turns of Monsters are way less attracted to you (-20 NC)
Bounty of Renenutet: Buff 20 MP: 10 turns of +50% Item Drops from Monsters
Fist of the Mummy: Combat 5 MP: Physical damage (60 damage)
Howl of the Jackal: Combat 10 MP: Spooky attack spell (120 damage)
Roar of the Lion: Combat 15 MP: Hot attack spell (250 damage)
Storm of the Scarab: Combat 8 MP: Prism Spell (30 prisim dmg / 5 sources)
Purr of the Feline: Buff 10 MP: Makes Ed's Servants Stronger (+5 levels. So get level 14 ability at level 9*)
Lash of the Cobra : Combat 12 MP: Damage + Pickpocket (Force pickpocket, x30 a day)
Wrath of Ra : Combat 40 MP: Vaporizes enemies (100 turn YR)
*Note: Spell dmg depend on Myst. These were unbuffed values at level 8 (20% spell dmg from moon sign)
*Note: Servant buff does NOT grant you the level 21 passive ability early. These require 441 experience.
Curse of the Marshmallow: Combat 2 MP: Delevel
Curse of Indecision: Combat 5 MP: Stun
Curse of Yuck: Combat 5 MP: Damage over time (8-15 per round)
Curse of Heredity: Combat 10 MP: Reduces stats and inflicts poison on every enemy of the same type*
Curse of Fortune: Combat 1 KA: Makes enemy drop more meat (+200% meat drops?)
Curse of Vacation : Combat 30 MP: All day banish (? banishes at once)
Curse of Stench: Combat 35 MP: Olfacate
*2-4 damage per round, 9 delevel when cast and randomly, across every monster of that phylum
A Portal to the Underworld
You can get to the Underworld from your pyramid if you are willing to spend 1 Adv. Or...
When beaten up in Combat, Combat is paused and you are sent to the underworld:
* Afterwards, you can either return to the fight you were previously in,
* or return to your pyramid and consume the adv you would normally spend on that combat.
Doing so gives you access to a number of shops and features.
The shops take an ed specific Currency that drops off of monsters of specific phylum.
* You get 1 KA coin from creatures with souls (i.e. beast, goblins, ect)
* You get 2 KA coins from dudes (and others?)
* The level 14 priest ability (81 exp + buff, or 196 exp) gives +1 KA to monsters that drop KA
* The level 6 and 7 quest, along with most of spooky raven, give no KA
* Restore HP as if you rested
* removes negative status effects (except for thrice cursed)
* Shop for Ed Upgrades / passive skills
* Shop for Ed consumables (foods, restores, sgeas, ect)
* Break your Hippy stone.
Most notably, the Shop is a way to increase Ed's capacity to eat/drink/and spleen.
The Body Shop
Allows you to buy upgrades for Ed. These are basically a set of passive buffs including consumable capacity.
Some of these upgrades have multiple ranks, in which case the price is increased each time.
Code: Select all
Replace Stomach Ka coin 30 +5 stomach Replace Liver Ka coin 30 +5 Liver Extra Spleen Ka coin 5 +5 Spleen (6 Ranks, each rank costing 5 more then the last) Upgraded Legs Ka coin 10 +50 ini (2 Ranks, +10 cost per rank) Upgraded Arms Ka coin 20 +50% Mus Upgraded Spine Ka coin 20 +50% Mox Tougher Skin Ka coin 10 +100 DA Armor Plating Ka coin 10 +10 DR Bone Spikes Ka coin 20 +10 dmg and thorns Arm Blade Ka coin 20 +5 dmg, +20% crit Healing Scarabs Ka coin 10 +2-4 hp regen Elemental Wards Ka coin 10 +1 resist (3 Ranks, +1 resist and +10 cost per rank)
Everything Under the World:
Sells spleen items, MP/HP restores, and some utility items:
These are the only HP restore items that work for Ed; besides the HP restore from first entering the Underworld:
These go for 5/10/15 KA coins:
* Ranked good/Awesome/Awesome
* Fills 1/3/5 spleen respectively
* The 5 KA one gives 3 adv for 1 spleen
* The 15 KA one gives 23-27 for 5 spleen
Mp Restore Items:
These go for 1/2/3 KA coins:
These restore 20-25, 40-50, 80-100 MP and give an mp regen per turn buff
HP Restore Items:
These go for 1/3/5 KA coins:
Restore 10-20, 20-40, 40-80
Ancient Cure-all: 3 KA, Green soft echo equivlent
Talisman of Thoth: 2 KA Potion: Extends all active Invocation buffs.
Talisman of Renenutet: 1 KA Combat item: Massive boost to item drop for this monster (Limit 7 per day, 200-300%?)
Talisman of Horus: 5 KA Potion: 10 turns of ++Combat (20%)