Brute Force Spading of delay()

This is where you spade, shovel and sickle. Or is it reap?
QuantumNightmare
AFH

Brute Force Spading of delay()

Post by QuantumNightmare » Sun Oct 12, 2008 5:00 pm

When delay is removed from an area, a note will be added here. The updates won't always happen in a timely manner, but you can always let me know if one of the listed zones is out of date. Or just check out http://kol.coldfront.net/thekolwiki/index.php/Delay which is probably more relevant now. -lost

This is where I'll post preliminary results from my brute-force spading. Feel free to suggest things I should test for, either zones or special mechanics. Once my results are polished, the raw data will be posted. Until then, here are some results:

Note: According to the devs, delay() is the name of the function which applies random floors to various zones. I'll use their term for it throughout, to describe the random 0-9 floors we see in various questing zones.

According to Jick, delay() will be phased out. This thread will hopefully become obsolete soon.

Delayed Zones
Crypt: Delay() is used here. Bosses are scheduled to occur on turns 5 to 7 after delay() expires, but is rejected if a noncombat has not occurred. Skipped noncombats do not advance the counters, but skipped combats do.

Friars: No static floor, delay() is used. Quest adventures are normal noncombats.
No more delay here

Hidden Temple: Delay() is used. Quest adventures are 25% superlikelies.

Haunted Pantry: Delay() is used. Manor unlock is scheduled to occur on turn 3 to 5 after delay() expires.

Valley: Delay() is active on adding machines. Might have a hard floor as well. Otherwise has normal appearance rates.

Outskirts: Delay() is used on the encryption key. Encryption key is scheduled to occur on turns 3-6 after delay() expires.

Castle: Delay() is used on the first wheel.

Haunted Billiards: Delay() is NOT used on the pool cue. Cue is a 25% superlikely. However, Delay() is used on the noncombat adventure you need to unlock the library.

Haunted Library: Delay() is used on the two noncombats.

Haunted Conservatory: Delay() is used on the gallery key. The key is scheduled to occur after a short delay.

Airship: Delay() is used here. Immateria are regular noncombats and SOCK are regular noncombats.

Non-delayed Zones
Haunted Ballroom: Delay() is NOT used. Cellar unlock is a superlikely with a ~18% chance of occuring. Takes on average 5.5 turns to find it.

HitS: Delay() is NOT used on astronomers.

Greater-than sign: Delay() is NOT used. Plus sign is a 25% superlikely. Teleportitis appears 7.8% of the time before you get the plus sign, and 15.4% of the time once you get it. Note: plus sign is roughly three times more likely to occur than teleportitis at the start of the zone. 75% of the time, you will get the plus sign before you get teleportitis.

Teleportitis: Delay() is NOT used here. Flat 33% superlikely.

Dungeons of Doom: Delay() is NOT used here. The wand is a regular noncombat that appears as often as the other three noncombats.

Desert (Unhydrated): Delay() is NOT used here. "Let's make a deal" is a 33% superlikely.

Harem: Delay() is NOT used on the item drop noncombat.

Fernswarthy's Ruins: Delay() is NOT used on brainsweepers.

Palindome: Delay() is NOT used on the first three quest adventures. Each has a 25% chance of happening, and order is not important. All three are rolled for each adventure. This means you have a 58% chance of getting any quest adventure first, 44% chance of the second, and 25% chance of the third. Shelve adventure is a regular noncombat. Delay() might act on the shelves, but data can't confirm or deny. Consider that average delay is 5 turns, and shelves get unlocked on average after 8 turns.

Checked frequency of chrome/linoleum/asbestos ore. Out of 42 samples, trapzor asked for equivalent number of each ore type.

Requested spading:
Gaudy pirates / swordfish / booty
Starting the war
Fersworthy unlock in cemetery
larva / spooky temple map / sapling / fertilizer
Last edited by QuantumNightmare on Thu Nov 20, 2008 1:08 pm, edited 41 times in total.

Alrik
My Pie Blown Sky High

Post by Alrik » Sun Oct 12, 2008 5:38 pm

Thanks, QN! This is great info to have.

Seal Lubber
AFH

Re: Brute Force Spading

Post by Seal Lubber » Sun Oct 12, 2008 6:39 pm

QuantumNightmare wrote:Feel free to suggest things I should test for...
Immateria, Castle Wheel, Astronomer and level 11 quest?

jerbu
Just Plain Old Pie

Post by jerbu » Mon Oct 13, 2008 2:25 am

Awesome work as always. Some ideas:
Knobb Encryption key
Woods (Larvae, but mostly spooky temple map)
Manor (book reading, gallery key, we'll all be flat)
Pirates (Booty, Swordfish, gaudy pirate)
Island (Lookout tower and the frat equivalent)
Beach (First siech adventure, maybe also haggle adventure but that would be cruel)
[img]http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y141/Supernova_163/HCOroger.png[/img]

Tzabor
AFH

Post by Tzabor » Mon Oct 13, 2008 7:33 am

Choice adv in billiards room after getting pool cue.

Oxbarn
Just Plain Old Pie

Re: Brute Force Spading

Post by Oxbarn » Wed Oct 15, 2008 7:28 am

QuantumNightmare wrote:Teleportitis: You have a 25% chance of getting the oracle on each of turns 2-4, and a 12.5% chance of getting it on each of turns 1 and 5.

A bit off topic, but this surprises me, because of the multiple ways to get or extend teleportitis... I wonder how these turns are counted? This is generally the place where I use spare tattered scraps, so it's sort of relevant.

QuantumNightmare
AFH

Post by QuantumNightmare » Wed Oct 15, 2008 9:44 am

My script does the following:

If you have a plus sign, and if the DoD is NOT unlocked, and if you receive teleportitis for X turns, it will track your next X turns. X is set to zero if teleportitis is removed. I then keep track of the number of zones you must visit before the oracle occurs, irrespective of whether the adventure ended with the expenditure of an adventure or not.

In other words, the game selects a number K between 1 and 5 when you get teleportitis. Once you've clicked through K zones, you'll get the DoD unlock. You shouldn't need to expend any turns in order for this to happen.

Hellion
Pie of the Sky

Post by Hellion » Wed Oct 15, 2008 11:12 am

So you're saying that the Oracle is guaranteed to appear in the first 5 turns of post-plussign teleportitis?

QuantumNightmare
AFH

Post by QuantumNightmare » Wed Oct 15, 2008 11:32 am

In around 150 samples, I have only seen it take more than 5 turns two times. Once it took 11 turns, once it took 10 turns. These both seem like buggy results from misplaced flags, since they are so far out of the regular experience. However, they did occur. This might also have been caused by those players removing teleportitis after their plus sign has been received, and their oracle was scheduled. I know this occurred on one of the two logs, need to check the second log tonight.

Tissen
Inscrutable Pi

Post by Tissen » Wed Oct 15, 2008 12:55 pm

So that means that we should not read the plus sign until after teleportitis has been worked off, right?

dalgar
Pie of the Sky

Post by dalgar » Wed Oct 15, 2008 2:40 pm

Could you move outskirts to the top so that there are two nice categories? [/OCD]

To whom may I send ph4t l00t for their laudable efforts?

Ceirdwyn
Hug Duchess

Post by Ceirdwyn » Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:49 pm

QuantumNightmare wrote:In around 150 samples, I have only seen it take more than 5 turns two times. Once it took 11 turns, once it took 10 turns. These both seem like buggy results from misplaced flags, since they are so far out of the regular experience. However, they did occur.

I know I've had that happen on one of my runs as well. I'm 100% sure I didn't remove teleportitis after I got the plus sign and still needed 2 sets of teleportitis to get the oracle. I think it was one of the few runs where I got my first teleportitis before getting the plus sign though....

lostcalpolydude
Forum Maestro

Post by lostcalpolydude » Thu Oct 16, 2008 1:54 am

I'm about to ascend a character into casual and get Welcome Back 15 times in the Haunted Pantry to see if that advances the counter. Is there anything else I should spade at a low level?

Edit: It's going to be a few days before I can do that, because I have to do the level 11 and 12 quests first.
Last edited by lostcalpolydude on Thu Oct 16, 2008 8:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bmaher: Softcore character
lostcalpolydude: Hardcore character (abandoned)

QuantumNightmare
AFH

Post by QuantumNightmare » Thu Oct 16, 2008 12:14 pm

I'll gladly accept donations to my in-game character, or donations of zipped mafia session folders to "quantum.afh at gmail dot com", or donations of brainpower in chat or IRC.

A number of players have contributed their brains so far, especially DarthDud, Eleron, and Seal Lubber.

TeKRunneR
Spy vs. Pie

Post by TeKRunneR » Thu Oct 16, 2008 4:39 pm

Veil/pants noncombat in the harem ?

Hellion
Pie of the Sky

Post by Hellion » Thu Oct 16, 2008 10:54 pm

TeKRunneR wrote:Veil/pants noncombat in the harem ?

Anything that can be skipped by pulling something in softcore will not be subject to a delay.

DarthDud
Inscrutable Pi

Post by DarthDud » Fri Oct 17, 2008 1:09 am

Hellion wrote:
TeKRunneR wrote:Veil/pants noncombat in the harem ?

Anything that can be skipped by pulling something in softcore will not be subject to a delay.

Adding machine could be skipped if it weren't for its own existence, and it has a delay. ;)

Does this mean the wooden wheel is not subject to a delay. Weird. It seems like the type of thing that would be.

Also, what a weird mechanic. Make the worst parts of the game (the parts where you can't use pulls) even worse! The design philosophy is baffling.

NotJim
Pie in the Sky

Post by NotJim » Fri Oct 17, 2008 3:09 am

QuantumNightmare wrote:Castle: Delay() is used on the first wheel. Might have a hard floor as well.

Definitely not a hard floor, remember when I talked about a 1-turn wheel? :P

Also, check the bedroom? I'm almost certain there's a delay there.

Hoopity
AFH

Post by Hoopity » Fri Oct 17, 2008 11:45 am

The palindrome seems ripe for monkey-business, both before and after all the quest items are collected.

Hellion
Pie of the Sky

Post by Hellion » Fri Oct 17, 2008 12:55 pm

DarthDud wrote:Also, what a weird mechanic. Make the worst parts of the game (the parts where you can't use pulls) even worse! The design philosophy is baffling.

I would have thought the philosophy behind the mechanic is quite clear.... but then again, I've been arguing about it off and on for a year and a half now.

It puts a hard lower bound on the number of turns required to complete an ascension.

DarthDud
Inscrutable Pi

Post by DarthDud » Fri Oct 17, 2008 2:36 pm

Hellion wrote:I would have thought the philosophy behind the mechanic is quite clear.... but then again, I've been arguing about it off and on for a year and a half now.

It puts a hard lower bound on the number of turns required to complete an ascension.

Well, right. Jick even said that flat out to me in PM.

I meant that the specific details about how they went about putting a hard lower bound on runs is weird (absent any discussion about whether hard lower bounds are a good idea in the first place). Things like the L12 quest have hard lower bounds (which are very high), but are much more satisfying despite that. Non-variable floors would have been superior on really every conceivable metric, too.

Now, what does strike me as curious is that a big goal of the hard floor was to prevent 2-dayers, right? But, that failed (and everyone knew it was going to fail from quickly after NS13). Now, 1-dayers would be impossible I think even without floors... so do the floors even serve a purpose? If the floors aren't impacting daycount by their inclusion or not, does Jick even care how they impact turncount?

lostcalpolydude
Forum Maestro

Post by lostcalpolydude » Fri Oct 17, 2008 2:53 pm

Does it really not affect day count at all? Clearly not for SCNP, but what about pathed runs, both SC and HC? If they are needed for pathed runs, non-variable floors would work just as well, of course.

greycat
AFH

Post by greycat » Fri Oct 17, 2008 7:55 pm

A tiny request: could you put the word "noncombat" or "superlikely" (or both) in the subject of this thread?

dalgar
Pie of the Sky

Post by dalgar » Fri Oct 17, 2008 8:00 pm

DarthDud wrote:a big goal of the hard floor was to prevent back-to-back 2-dayers, right?

I believe the above is more right, and if it is, then these floors do accomplish their intended goal. Non/variable is a separate issue (worth fighting for? I dunno).

Hellion
Pie of the Sky

Post by Hellion » Fri Oct 17, 2008 11:36 pm

Back-to-back 2-dayers is definitely something Jick wants to prevent.
Also, the mechanism was designed to be "impossible to spade". Clearly they failed, since you guys figured it out, but it was only through the gathering of literally hundreds of complete runs' worth of data and some (presumably) very good data analysis that you got there. No one person could have figured it out alone, even dozens of people took a year and a half worth of effort to make sense of it. Non-variable lower bounds everywhere would have been obvious by about ascension #3.

lostcalpolydude
Forum Maestro

Post by lostcalpolydude » Sat Oct 18, 2008 12:21 am

Welcome Back advances the counter without spending a turn. (I spent 15 Welcome Back occurrences in the Haunted Pantry, then opened the manor on my first actual adventure there.) I wanted to test if you could use tattered scraps after getting the plus sign and teleportitis and still get the Oracle, but that testing failed when I got the Oracle on turn 1.

DarthDud
Inscrutable Pi

Post by DarthDud » Sat Oct 18, 2008 2:00 pm

Hellion wrote:Also, the mechanism was designed to be "impossible to spade".

Right... but why? I wonder understand Jick's motivation here.

Tzabor
AFH

Post by Tzabor » Sun Oct 19, 2008 7:28 pm

Is opening Fernswarthy's floored?

So Very Invisible
AFH

Post by So Very Invisible » Sun Oct 19, 2008 10:02 pm

If you mean opening the tower from the cemetary, I've received the unlock adventure first turn (failed, obviously) at least twice in the recent past.

QuantumNightmare
AFH

Post by QuantumNightmare » Tue Oct 21, 2008 7:32 pm

I'm still working out a few bugs, but here is a preliminary log of food eaten in the 5,100 daily logs I have received. Data is in the form:

Code: Select all

Food
Adventures Received = Times Received
Food eaten under Opossum
Booze drunk under Blender
All other consumption under a known zodiac sign

Note: Some bugs exist due to mafia recording something like the following:

Eat 1 hell ramen

Eat 1 fortune cookie
Gain 24 adventures

Gain 1 adventure
Other bugs might include players casting ode on themselves outside mafia. I've tried to fix this in the generic consumption data, but the blender data is still highly corrupted by ode.

Turias made an awesome script for me, which mines kolDB for zodiac information for any given run that my parsers find. Which is how I am able to continue this spading, even if mafia chose not to record zodiac signs until a few days ago.

NotJim
Pie in the Sky

Post by NotJim » Fri Oct 24, 2008 10:24 pm

Another inquiry. Maybe it would be worth to check the rates at which the Trapper asks for asbestos/linoleum/chrome? It seems to be that the rate of chrome-asking has sharply dropped with NS13.

QuantumNightmare
AFH

Post by QuantumNightmare » Wed Nov 19, 2008 2:06 pm

lostcalpolydude wrote:Welcome Back advances the counter without spending a turn. (I spent 15 Welcome Back occurrences in the Haunted Pantry, then opened the manor on my first actual adventure there.) I wanted to test if you could use tattered scraps after getting the plus sign and teleportitis and still get the Oracle, but that testing failed when I got the Oracle on turn 1.
Apparently this has been silently fixed. DarthDud reports getting 20 Welcome Backs in the outskirts, and the next turn in that zone was NOT the encryption key.

lostcalpolydude
Forum Maestro

Post by lostcalpolydude » Fri Dec 19, 2008 6:37 pm

I don't know if there are enough relevant logs to check, but finding out if the Temple delay can be decremented before level 11 would be good to check.

lordhades15
Fie the Pie

Post by lordhades15 » Fri Dec 19, 2008 7:01 pm

j12601 wrote: Turns are now sub-optimal. It is a brand new fucking day.

lostcalpolydude
Forum Maestro

Post by lostcalpolydude » Fri Dec 19, 2008 7:15 pm

That thread has a few examples of spending turns before level 11, and then getting the adventure right away. That's possible even if delay() hasn't been decremented, so it doesn't actually prove anything. In other words, since there's no floor in the Temple, I think QN's conclusion in that thread is incorrect.

QuantumNightmare
AFH

Post by QuantumNightmare » Wed Dec 31, 2008 11:31 am

For people looking here to understand the mechanic, skipping noncombats does not progress floor/delay counters for zones. Any turn spent makes progress. Any combat started, even if you run away, makes progress. The reason skipping noncombats can help in the cyrpt is that there is a 2-turn range where the boss is possible but not guaranteed, and getting/skipping a noncombat lets you reroll for the boss.
-lost

I'd agree with lost, I jumped the gun in the other thread regarding the hidden temple. We don't have enough data to say one way or the other. If people repeatedly get low turncounts after spending 9 turns in the hidden temple before level 11, we can draw some conclusions.

Also, new crypt data. Kujjie received 2 skipped noncombats, followed by the boss adventure. According to current understanding this should not be possible, since delay is not run down by skipped noncombats and once delay is finished, the boss is supposed to be a 100% superlikely. Current understanding is that the crypt takes [0 to 9] + [4 to 6] + [boss adventure] turns. We know that the first [0 to 9] delay turns are not effected by skipped noncombats, but from kujjie's test we know that skipped noncombats do have an effect near the end of the crypt. Most likely scenario is that the [4 to 6] random bit is effected by skipped noncombats. I spoke to Hellion about this, he said there are three other mechanics at play during the random bit, and confirmed that skipping noncombats once delay expires does help. The Crypt mechanic is something close to:

[Static floor of 4 or 5 turns] + [0 to 9 delay turns] + [0 to M random bit] + [Boss adventure]
The [0 to M] random bit is not scheduled, but is some sort of a die roll done every turn with a ceiling. Skipping noncombats helps here, since it gives you more chances to roll for the boss.

NOTE: Skipping noncombats in the static floor or delay turns is useless. Skipping noncombats during the random bit near the end of the zone helps. For ultimate speed, use +NC the entire time. Kujjie's initial reaction was to suggest running +ML for the first 10 turns in each zone, and then boosting +NC to take advantage of skipped noncombats near the end of the zone. Jick must have been high when he thought this stuff up.

QuantumNightmare
AFH

Post by QuantumNightmare » Sun Feb 08, 2009 11:19 pm

Would anyone like my collection of logs? They take up 550 MB, but make up a 29 MB 7z file. I don't have the motivation to go over this anymore, and people keep wondering about the spooky forest and the oasis. I can email this stuff to anyone who is interested, for spading.

Hellion
Pie of the Sky

Post by Hellion » Mon Feb 09, 2009 1:17 am

I wouldn't mind getting a copy....

hellion.e@gmail.com

lordhades15
Fie the Pie

Post by lordhades15 » Fri Feb 20, 2009 9:52 pm

Jick wrote:I'm gonna say this again, because I can't remember where I said it the first time. The "We hate superlikelies" complaint is really frustrating to me, because I think that by and large it's born of a misunderstanding of what's actually happening.

You guys think of a superlikely as an encounter that has a fixed chance of occuring, independent of the adventure chance of a zone and anything the player has that modifies it. And while this used to be the case, there are almost none of these left. Certainly nowhere near as many as you think.

What superlikely means now is "A noncombat whose conditional is checked every time you adventure in a zone, whether it rolls for a noncombat or not." If a zone had five monsters, five noncombats, and a single superlikely with no conditional on it, you'd get the superlikely every time you adventured there, no matter what the zone's noncombat rate is. A superlikely is currently our only tool for making a noncombat more likely to show up than the zone's overall noncombat rate allows for.

Let's look at your examples from the first post:

Poop Deck -- this zone has no superlikely adventures. It has 3 standard noncombats, and a 20% noncombat rate. I'm sorry it takes 20 turns sometimes, but them's the breaks -- this zone works EXACTLY the way you say you want it to.

Billiards Room -- this zone has two superlikelies. One is the one that gives you the pool cue if you don't already have it, and one is the Bad Moon adventure (all BM adventures have to be superlikelies because of the conditionals they need. The whole conceit of the BM adventures doesn't work properly if they rely on the noncombat rate of the specific zone they're in.) Is the pool cue one the one you're complaining about? If so, then sure. That could probably be made a normal adventure. The pool game itself is a regular noncombat, but it's got a delay() on it.

The Ballroom -- 3 superlikelies. 1 BM adventure, the dance card adventure (which could only possibly function as a superlikely.) The pipe organ adventure is one, whose conditional is a 75% rejection chance plus an instance of delay() -- I daresay it's delay() that's pissing you off in here, not the fact that it's an unalterable flat chance. The noncombat rate in this zone is 20%, so making it a normal noncombat with delay() will actually slow down players with no +NC modifications.

The Desert / Oasis -- guilty. All of the progression adventures in here are old-school flat-rate superlikelies. If they weren't, +NC would reduce the amount of time this part of down to about half of what it is now. This is a zone where I don't really feel like we've got any options, though -- it's either ridiculously fast for high-skilled players, or the potential turncount for first-time players is HUGE, like, 10% chance of it taking hundreds of turns. There isn't any place to set the noncombat rate for this zone. This situation sort of illustrates the fundamental problem with the way noncombats and the skills that interact with them -- everything fucks either one set of players or another set.

Maybe the flat-rate approach isn't the best, but I haven't thought of a better one yet. And all of the player suggestions aren't going to be suggestions so much as "Why don't you want it to be super-fast for skilled players!? You must be some kind of jerk and hate us and want our skills and hard work to be totally useless! It's so easy to make it perfect -- just make them normal noncombats so I can get through the whole thing in 10 turns!"

So basically, the complaint about superlikelies is actually a complaint about delay(), which already exists on its own, coupled with a complaint about the Desert/Oasis, which is a case where my desires as a designer and your desires as speed players are completely irreconcilable.

The desert/oasis bit is supposed to be annoying. You're supposed to be glad when it's over. It's supposed to suck, every time, and I'd rather have it suck equally for everybody, regardless of how much they use the wiki. What you're asking for when you say you want them to be regular noncombats instead of superlikelies is, flat out, a reduction in the number of turns it takes, and I don't want to give it to you, because extensive reductions in the number of turns things take is what made NS13 necessary in the first place.

Answer this -- would it be better or worse if, instead of each of those adventures having a 1/3 or 1/4 chance of occurring, you just got one every 3 turns, with no RNG at all? Your "frustrating lack of influence" problem is removed, your "ouch, my RNG" issue is removed, and it's done without making the part of the quest too fast for my tastes. Better? I think you'll say no, because I think that all you actually want is fewer turns spent here, and the other points you're making about it are just a smokescreen.

I understand that you want your runs to get faster as you accumulate skills. I know that's what makes repeat ascension fun for you. I'd argue that the game is chock full of places where this is already the case, and it's okay that some places don't work this way.

Oh, and I forgot -- none of the quest adventures in the Spooky Forest are superlikelies exept the Larva. Because the larva NEEDS to have a higher chance of occuring than the average noncombat in the zone, because there are so many noncombats.

Anybody been complaining about the larva, and saying "Goddamned superlikelies, I hate those things?" If so, then valid point.

If you said the same thing about the sapling, or the fertilizer, or the monolith, or anything else, then again, these encounters are normal noncombats, are as influenceable by skills and gear as the day is long, and work just how you want them to.
j12601 wrote: Turns are now sub-optimal. It is a brand new fucking day.

FufuBunnySlayer
AFH

Re: Brute Force Spading of delay()

Post by FufuBunnySlayer » Wed Sep 21, 2011 9:14 pm

Since I don't have a wiki account, I'll just put this up here.
The first castle wheel is not delay'd. I got it on my fifth turn in the castle. No hipster fights nor free runs used. That shouldn't be possible if delay is always 5.

lostcalpolydude
Forum Maestro

Post by lostcalpolydude » Thu Sep 22, 2011 12:30 am

FufuBunnySlayer wrote:Since I don't have a wiki account, I'll just put this up here.
The first castle wheel is not delay'd. I got it on my fifth turn in the castle. No hipster fights nor free runs used. That shouldn't be possible if delay is always 5.
Could you post an unparsed log from mafia/kolproxy so us paranoid people can look at it?

FufuBunnySlayer
AFH

Post by FufuBunnySlayer » Thu Sep 22, 2011 12:59 am

lostcalpolydude wrote:Could you post an unparsed log from mafia/kolproxy so us paranoid people can look at it?
Happy to. Session log uploaded as an attachment. Or it would be if .txt was accepted.

[251] Fantasy Airship
Encounter: F-F-Fantastic!
You acquire an item: S.O.C.K.
You acquire an item: giant castle map

[252] Orc Chasm
Encounter: Bad ASCII Art
Round 0: FufuBunnySlayer loses initiative!
You lose 49 hit points
Round 1: FufuBunnySlayer casts ENTANGLING NOODLES!
Round 2: R2-D2 lowers itself down over your temples and shoots a beam of energy through your brain.  Whee!
You gain 13 Mana Points
Round 2: FufuBunnySlayer uses the Spooky Putty sheet!
You acquire an item: Spooky Putty monster
Round 3: R2-D2 lowers itself down over your temples and shoots a beam of energy through your brain.  Whee!
You gain 15 Mana Points
Round 3: FufuBunnySlayer executes a macro!
Round 3: FufuBunnySlayer casts SHIELDBUTT!
Round 4: bad ascii art takes 65 damage.
Round 4: bad ascii art takes 38 damage.
Round 4: bad ascii art drops 5 attack power.
Round 4: R2-D2 lowers itself down over your temples and shoots a beam of energy through your brain.  Whee!
You gain 10 Mana Points
Round 4: FufuBunnySlayer casts SHIELDBUTT!
Round 5: bad ascii art takes 65 damage.
Round 5: bad ascii art takes 44 damage.
Round 5: bad ascii art drops 5 attack power.
Round 5: FufuBunnySlayer wins the fight!
After Battle: R2-D2 surveys the scene from atop the throne, and gains 1 Experience.
You acquire an item: ASCII shirt
You acquire an item: 30669 scroll
You acquire an item: 33398 scroll
You acquire an item: 334 scroll
You gain 12 Strongness
You gain 40 Magicalness
You gain 23 Cheek

use 1 Spooky Putty monster

[253] Spooky Putty Monster
You lose 51 hit points
Round 2: R2-D2 lowers itself down over your temples and shoots a beam of energy through your brain.  Whee!
You gain 10 Mana Points
Round 3: R2-D2 lowers itself down over your temples and shoots a beam of energy through your brain.  Whee!
You gain 13 Mana Points
Round 3: Tubby entangles your opponent with powerful vines, preventing it from attacking you.
Round 4: bad ascii art takes 66 damage.
Round 4: bad ascii art takes 42 damage.
Round 4: R2-D2 lowers itself down over your temples and shoots a beam of energy through your brain.  Whee!
You gain 14 Mana Points
Round 4: Tubby entangles your opponent with powerful vines, preventing it from attacking you.
Round 5: bad ascii art takes 44 damage.
After Battle: R2-D2 surveys the scene from atop the throne, and gains 1 Experience.
You gain 15 Beefiness
You gain 42 Enchantedness
You gain 19 Smarm

cast 1 Cannelloni Cocoon
You gain 156 hit points

cast 1 Aloysius' Antiphon of Aptitude
You acquire an effect: Aloysius' Antiphon of Aptitude (duration: 10 Adventures)

[254] Spooky Putty Monster
You lose 50 hit points
You gain 13 Mana Points
You gain 11 Mana Points
Round 3: Tubby entangles your opponent with powerful vines, preventing it from attacking you.
Round 4: bad ascii art takes 72 damage.
Round 4: bad ascii art takes 37 damage.
You gain 11 Mana Points
Round 5: bad ascii art takes 67 damage.
Round 5: bad ascii art takes 40 damage.
You gain 13 Fortitude
You gain 51 Mysteriousness
You gain a Mysticality point!
You gain 13 Cheek
You gain a Moxie point!

[255] Spooky Putty Monster
You lose 49 hit points
You gain 12 Mana Points
You gain 11 Mana Points
Round 4: bad ascii art takes 84 damage.
Round 4: bad ascii art takes 46 damage.
You gain 14 Mana Points
You lose 48 hit points
Round 5: bad ascii art takes 71 damage.
Round 5: bad ascii art takes 39 damage.
You gain 24 Strongness
You gain 35 Magicalness
You gain 16 Roguishness

cast 1 Cannelloni Cocoon
You gain 125 hit points

[256] Spooky Putty Monster
You lose 50 hit points
Round 1: FufuBunnySlayer executes a macro!
You gain 15 Mana Points
Round 2: FufuBunnySlayer casts SHIELDBUTT!
Round 3: bad ascii art takes 70 damage.
Round 3: bad ascii art takes 32 damage.
Round 3: bad ascii art drops 5 attack power.
You gain 11 Mana Points
Round 4: bad ascii art takes 67 damage.
Round 4: bad ascii art takes 37 damage.
You gain 15 Mana Points
Round 4: Tubby entangles your opponent with powerful vines, preventing it from attacking you.
Round 5: bad ascii art takes 28 damage.
You gain 17 Muscleboundness
You gain a Muscle point!
You gain 41 Magicalness
You gain 17 Roguishness

Visiting Fax Machine in clan VIP lounge

fax receive
You acquire an item: photocopied monster

use 1 photocopied monster

[257] photocopied monster
Encounter: rampaging adding machine
You lose 48 hit points
You gain 10 Mana Points
You gain 12 Mana Points
Round 3: FufuBunnySlayer uses the 334 scroll and uses the 334 scroll!
You acquire an item: 668 scroll
You gain 11 Mana Points
Round 4: FufuBunnySlayer uses the 334 scroll and uses the 334 scroll!
You lose 48 hit points
Round 5: FufuBunnySlayer uses the 334 scroll and uses the 334 scroll!
You lose 47 hit points
Round 6: FufuBunnySlayer casts SHIELDBUTT!
Round 7: rampaging adding machine takes 64 damage.
Round 7: rampaging adding machine takes 37 damage.
Round 7: rampaging adding machine drops 5 attack power.
Round 7: Tubby entangles your opponent with powerful vines, preventing it from attacking you.
Round 7: FufuBunnySlayer casts SHIELDBUTT!
Round 8: rampaging adding machine takes 64 damage.
Round 8: rampaging adding machine takes 48 damage.
Round 8: rampaging adding machine drops 5 attack power.
Round 8: FufuBunnySlayer wins the fight!
You gain 24 Strongness
You gain 40 Mysteriousness
You gain 10 Cheek

cast 1 Reptilian Fortitude
You acquire an effect: Reptilian Fortitude (duration: 5 Adventures)

cast 1 Cannelloni Cocoon
You gain 214 hit points

cast 1 Inigo's Incantation of Inspiration
You acquire an effect: Inigo's Incantation of Inspiration (duration: 10 Adventures)

buy 2 soda water for 70 each from Market Demon
You acquire soda water (2)
You spent 140 Meat

[259] Mix 2 whiskey and soda + 2 little paper umbrella
You acquire whiskey and soda (2)
You acquire roll in the hay (2)
You lose an effect: Inigo's Incantation of Inspiration
Crafting used 2 each of bottle of whiskey and soda water
Crafting used 2 each of little paper umbrella and whiskey and soda

[258] Spooky Putty Monster
Encounter: rampaging adding machine
You lose 49 hit points
You gain 10 Mana Points
Round 2: FufuBunnySlayer uses the 334 scroll and uses the 334 scroll!
You gain 13 Mana Points
Round 3: FufuBunnySlayer uses the 33398 scroll and uses the 30669 scroll!
You acquire an item: 64067 scroll
You gain 15 Mana Points
Round 4: FufuBunnySlayer uses the 668 scroll and uses the 64067 scroll!
You acquire an item: 64735 scroll
You lose 49 hit points
Round 5: FufuBunnySlayer uses the 668 scroll and uses the 30669 scroll!
You acquire an item: 31337 scroll
You lose 48 hit points
Round 6: FufuBunnySlayer uses the 668 scroll and uses the 30669 scroll!
You lose 48 hit points
Round 7: FufuBunnySlayer uses the 668 scroll and uses the 30669 scroll!
You lose 49 hit points
Round 8: FufuBunnySlayer uses the 334 scroll and uses the 334 scroll!
You lose 48 hit points

cast 1 Tongue of the Walrus
You gain 30 hit points
You lose an effect: Beaten Up

cast 1 Cannelloni Cocoon
You gain 228 hit points

use 1 64735 scroll
You acquire an item: facsimile dictionary
You acquire an item: drywall axe

use 1 magical mystery juice
You gain 19 Mana Points

cast 1 Smooth Movement
You acquire an effect: Smooth Movements (duration: 10 Adventures)

cast 1 The Sonata of Sneakiness
You acquire an effect: The Sonata of Sneakiness (duration: 10 Adventures)

buy 1 fortune cookie for 40 each from Market Demon
You acquire an item: fortune cookie
You spent 40 Meat

eat 1 fortune cookie
You gain 1 Adventure
Lucky numbers: 75, 179, 48

eat 1 candy cane
You gain 4 Adventures
You gain 11 Beefiness
You gain 14 Wizardliness
You gain 15 Chutzpah

use 1 31337 scroll
You acquire an item: hermit script
You acquire an item: stat script

use 1 hermit script

use 2 31337 scroll
You acquire an item: worthless trinket
You acquire an item: worthless gewgaw
You acquire worthless knick-knack (3)
You acquire ten-leaf clover (4)

trading 1 worthless item for 1 ten-leaf clover
You acquire an item: ten-leaf clover

Use 5 ten-leaf clover
You acquire disassembled clover (5)
Encounter: In a Black Room, with Black Curtains
You acquire an item: thin black candle
You acquire an item: Warm Subject gift certificate

[260] Giant's Castle
Encounter: Raver Giant
Round 1: FufuBunnySlayer casts SHIELDBUTT!
Round 2: raver giant takes 69 damage.
Round 2: raver giant takes 40 damage.
Round 2: raver giant drops 5 attack power.
You gain 14 Mana Points
You lose 71 hit points
Round 2: FufuBunnySlayer casts ENTANGLING NOODLES!
You gain 11 Mana Points
Round 3: FufuBunnySlayer summons Shishee the Angel Hair Wisp!
Round 4: You concentrate, and summon a mass of writhing angel hair.  A chill perm eates the air as Shiishee's spirit enters it.
You gain 12 Mana Points
Round 4: Tubby entangles your opponent with powerful vines, preventing him from attacking you.
Round 5: raver giant takes 71 damage.
Round 5: raver giant takes 31 damage.
Round 5: raver giant drops 5 attack power.
Round 5: FufuBunnySlayer casts SHIELDBUTT!
Round 6: raver giant takes 68 damage.
Round 6: raver giant takes 32 damage.
Round 6: raver giant drops 5 attack power.
Round 6: FufuBunnySlayer wins the fight!
You gain 224 Meat
You acquire an item: Mick's IcyVapoHotness Rub
After Battle: The merest suggestion of a smile crosses Shiishee's wispy form as he whispers "You have performed... adequately."
You gain 28 Strengthliness
You gain 61 Wizardliness
You gain 39 Smarm

[261] Giant's Castle
Encounter: Being Taken Out by the Trash
You gain 213 Strongness
You gain some Muscle points!

[262] Giant's Castle
Encounter: What are the Odds?
You acquire an item: plot hole
You acquire an item: chaos butterfly

[263] Giant's Castle
Encounter: Goth Giant
You lose 66 hit points
Round 2: goth giant takes 70 damage.
Round 2: goth giant takes 39 damage.
Round 2: goth giant drops 5 attack power.
You gain 11 Mana Points
You lose 64 hit points
You gain 10 Mana Points
Round 3: FufuBunnySlayer summons Shiishee the Angel Hair Wisp!
Round 4: You concentrate, and summon a mass of writhing angel hair.  A chill perm eates the air as Shiishee's spirit enters it.
You gain 14 Mana Points
Round 5: goth giant takes 68 damage.
Round 5: goth giant takes 24 damage.
Round 5: goth giant drops 5 attack power.
Round 6: goth giant takes 64 damage.
Round 6: goth giant takes 45 damage.
Round 6: goth giant drops 5 attack power.
You gain 209 Meat
You acquire an item: awful poetry journal
After Battle: The merest suggestion of a smile crosses Shiishee's wispy form as he whispers "You have performed... adequately."
You gain 26 Beefiness
You gain 68 Wizardliness
You gain 29 Sarcasm
You gain a Moxie point!

cast 1 Cannelloni Cocoon
You gain 121 hit points

[264] Giant's Castle
Encounter: Wheel in the Clouds in the Sky, Keep On Turning
choice.php?pwd&whichchoice=9&option=2
You acquire an item: giant discarded plastic fork

top1214
Oh my! Guy with Pie!

Post by top1214 » Thu Sep 22, 2011 1:03 am

Where did turn 259 go?

lostcalpolydude
Forum Maestro

Post by lostcalpolydude » Thu Sep 22, 2011 1:11 am

top1214 wrote:Where did turn 259 go?
The log lists it before 258 and says it was spent crafting. Strange.

FufuBunnySlayer
AFH

Post by FufuBunnySlayer » Thu Sep 22, 2011 1:12 am

FufuBunnySlayer wrote: Use 5 ten-leaf clover
You acquire disassembled clover (5)
Encounter: In a Black Room, with Black Curtains
You acquire an item: Warm Subject gift certificate

[260] Giant's Castle
Encounter: Raver Giant
Round 2: raver giant takes 69 damage.
Round 2: raver giant takes 40 damage.
Round 2: raver giant drops 5 attack power.
Round 2: R2-D2 lowers itself down over your temples and shoots a beam of energy through your brain. Whee!
You gain 14 Mana Points
You lose 71 hit points
Round 3: R2-D2 lowers itself down over your temples and shoots a beam of energy through your brain. Whee!
You gain 11 Mana Points
Round 3: FufuBunnySlayer summons Shishee the Angel Hair Wisp!
Round 4: You concentrate, and summon a mass of writhing angel hair. A chill perm eates the air as Shiishee's spirit enters it.
Round 4: R2-D2 lowers itself down over your temples and shoots a beam of energy through your brain. Whee!
You gain 12 Mana Points
Round 4: Tubby entangles your opponent with powerful vines, preventing him from attacking you.
Round 5: raver giant takes 71 damage.
Round 5: raver giant takes 31 damage.
Round 5: raver giant drops 5 attack power.
Round 6: raver giant takes 68 damage.
Round 6: raver giant takes 32 damage.
Round 6: raver giant drops 5 attack power.
You gain 224 Meat
You acquire an item: Mick's IcyVapoHotness Rub
You gain 28 Strengthliness
You gain 61 Wizardliness
You gain 39 Smarm
Looks like it slipped in unnoticed. Looks just like a min-turn castle now. That's disappointing. Guess I should check the raw log instead of the parsed log next time. :/

top1214
Oh my! Guy with Pie!

Post by top1214 » Thu Sep 22, 2011 1:12 am

lostcalpolydude wrote:
top1214 wrote:Where did turn 259 go?
The log lists it before 258 and says it was spent crafting. Strange.

But those were 2 crafts done w/Inigo's. So this looks really weird.

FufuBunnySlayer
AFH

Post by FufuBunnySlayer » Thu Sep 22, 2011 1:15 am

top1214 wrote:But those were 2 crafts done w/Inigo's. So this looks really weird.
Yep. Just some chicanery from logging. Those crafts were free via Inigo's and mafia didn't recognize them as being free for some reason and had to skip one encounter in order to balance out the log with the turncount.