floaty sand from rock lobster

This is where you spade, shovel and sickle. Or is it reap?
unwieldy locutions
Inscrutable Pi

floaty sand from rock lobster

Post by unwieldy locutions » Wed Dec 09, 2009 11:49 am

The reason I picked up a rock lobster was the hope that I could just supply myself pebblebrau in future runs, but now it's looking like that was a poor investment. It was mentioned in chat that we might want to start spading how much "occasionally drops" actually works out to be.

I'm workin' on pet weight and a couple other trophies right now, so I only put 101 combats into it, but with 101 combats, I got one floaty sand. I'll put more into it after I've got my black hole terrarium, but for now, if other people want to put up there data, I'd appreciate it.
"For my part, I abominate all honourable respectable toils, trials, and tribulations of every kind whatsoever."
-Ishmael, Moby Dick, Herman Melville

Ceirdwyn
Hug Duchess

Post by Ceirdwyn » Wed Dec 09, 2009 1:25 pm

Not representative at all but: 88 kills yesterday, 2 sands

salien
Pie in the Sky

Post by salien » Wed Dec 09, 2009 3:10 pm

I think the guess at drop rate was 1%? So you'll need a huge sample to get a good idea, most likely. It would be interesting if it was conceivable to use a lobster enough mid-run to generate a pebble, but whatever the exact drop rate is, getting 5 sands is clearly not feasible.

Not saying it's not worth spading, more just lamenting a lost strategic opportunity. :)

unwieldy locutions
Inscrutable Pi

Post by unwieldy locutions » Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:02 pm

salien wrote:Not saying it's not worth spading, more just lamenting a lost strategic opportunity. :)

I was actually thinking the same thing as it became more and more apparent that that was a wasted cause.

At least now I know what familiar I'm going to use in aftercore. Gotta brew brau somehow. A sense of security is nice, right?
"For my part, I abominate all honourable respectable toils, trials, and tribulations of every kind whatsoever."
-Ishmael, Moby Dick, Herman Melville