Stinky cheese ball

This is where you spade, shovel and sickle. Or is it reap?
Eleron
Has a thing!

Stinky cheese ball

Post by Eleron » Thu Dec 31, 2009 11:37 pm

GoldS wrote:It looks like everything caps after 100 adventures.

Sword caps at +33 stench damage.
Diaper caps at +10 adventures per day.
Eye caps at +20 items / meat from monstrs.
Wheel caps at +50 damage absorption.

Chefstaff stats don't seem to increase through adventures, the jiggle looks like between (turns) - 10 to (turns) + 10 stench damage.
Seems pretty nice, the chefstaff looks decent to run around with to charge it up and can even be jiggled to kill stuff, and then you get +10 advs/day, +20% items/meat and stinkeye.

Planning Yet Another Counter and probable resetting sounds a bit annoying though, but quite strong indeed.

Elayne
My Pie Blown Sky High

Post by Elayne » Fri Jan 01, 2010 1:44 am

Is it 100 adventures, or 100 combats?
I used to have a softcore multi. But now, it's just HC4L. Elayne.

lostcalpolydude
Forum Maestro

Post by lostcalpolydude » Fri Jan 01, 2010 3:14 am

Seems to be 100 combats, based on other posts. Apparently the eye gives 1 free runaway (per day?). And I was ready to call this an aftercore-only toy.
bmaher: Softcore character
lostcalpolydude: Hardcore character (abandoned)

Turtle Juice
Inscrutable Pi

Post by Turtle Juice » Fri Jan 01, 2010 8:18 am

Looks like it will be great for aftercore farming and RO, but I don't see using it when ascending.

It won't be replacing an accessory slot for v mask or carnivore buttons, I won't be pulling pants that don't help turn count, or replace katana or sickle, or pilgrim shield.

Interesting item though.

edit: if this mathes natty blue ascot, and isn't as good as Mr. A jr. then the only use I can see it for +adv (not sure it's worth it for just that).

edit edit: hmmm...actually, as a combo + meat/item in castle this would be good. Dupes natty blue, but adds + items.

edit edit edit:
new pajamas (RO outfit):
Time Hat
General Sage's Lonely Diamonds Club Jacket
sword behind inappropriate prepositions
Stinky diaper
dead guy's memento
depleted Grimacite item1
depleted Grimacite item2
Disembodied hand w/ time sword

Total (on best day for grimacite items)
Last edited by Turtle Juice on Mon Jan 04, 2010 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nomen Nescio
Spy vs. Pie

Post by Nomen Nescio » Fri Jan 01, 2010 2:09 pm

Is it just a runaway? Somebody last night thought it might be a banisher too. With all the other free runs available, one extra a day still seems pretty marginal; you'd have to pull it day one to be worth it and I don't know where I'd find the room on day one.

lostcalpolydude
Forum Maestro

Post by lostcalpolydude » Fri Jan 01, 2010 2:33 pm

Nomen Nescio wrote:Is it just a runaway? Somebody last night thought it might be a banisher too.
Last night they were wrong, but now they're probably right.

Hoopity
AFH

Post by Hoopity » Fri Jan 01, 2010 2:50 pm

After checking it in the knob lab, it seems to be a 10 turn banish.

Pantsless
Fie the Pie

Re: Stinky cheese ball

Post by Pantsless » Mon Jan 04, 2010 8:15 pm

So, I've given this more thought, and I think I'm warming up to the cheese (fondue anyone?).

I think it might be worth a pull in 2-day SCNP if pulled Jeks and donated Jrs are not options. Comparing it to a pulled Jr:

Pro:
2 free banishing runaways (particularly useful at the bats if you aren't pulling a Vmask / can't summon any poppers)
10 rollover adv (could take some pressure off turngen, maybe allow pulling 1 less air or something)
+20% meat for nuns

Con:
-5% items
Micromanagey; can't get the full +items benefit until after 100 turns of pants each day (should be doable, but irritating nonetheless, particularly on Day 2)
[quote="Serra725"]What did you use for the structural part of the bear?[/quote]

Turtle Juice
Inscrutable Pi

Post by Turtle Juice » Tue Jan 05, 2010 2:11 pm

Pantsless wrote: Pro:
10 rollover adv (could take some pressure off turngen, maybe allow pulling 1 less air or something)
Seriously?

Have you figured what the loss of stat gains would be (assuming you have a bander) for those 100 adventures to get the 10 RO adventures? I have a hard time believing that not using bander for 100 turns against a 10 turn add on day 2 or 3 would be worth it.

I do like the idea of +meat/items, banishing, etc...but again - at the expense of 100 turns seems like a high price to me.

lostcalpolydude
Forum Maestro

Post by lostcalpolydude » Tue Jan 05, 2010 2:19 pm

Turtle Juice wrote:
Seriously?

Have you figured what the loss of stat gains would be (assuming you have a bander) for those 100 adventures to get the 10 RO adventures? I have a hard time believing that not using bander for 100 turns against a 10 turn add on day 2 or 3 would be worth it.
Why would you not be using the bander? Wear this thing as pants to charge it up and it doesn't compete with anything. Use it as an accessory when it's useful to do so. Your post confuses me.

Turtle Juice
Inscrutable Pi

Post by Turtle Juice » Tue Jan 05, 2010 2:36 pm

lostcalpolydude wrote:
Turtle Juice wrote:
Seriously?

Why would you not be using the bander? Wear this thing as pants to charge it up and it doesn't compete with anything. Use it as an accessory when it's useful to do so. Your post confuses me.
I am an idiot today -- I was thinking of using like a familiar since I've got familiars on the brain today.

I'm just going to sit here and drool for a little while now.