Level 9 Quest Revamp Knowledge/Speed Strategy

This is where you spade, shovel and sickle. Or is it reap?
Pewt
AFH

Level 9 Quest Revamp Knowledge/Speed Strategy

Post by Pewt » Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:56 am

Step 1: Build a bridge over the chasm.

New area: Smut Orc Logging Camp. Smut Orcs drop bridge bits (100% on one piece, 10% on a second, so for small numbers probably count on about 1 turn per piece you need plus one or two turns of swing for getting extra of one type). Every 30 adventures you get a Pervert, which drops an item to speed the process up a lot (fax+putty/quivered arrow this, pull boxes in SC in paths where you can't fax).

Dictionary can still be bought, and builds about half the bridge for you.

This seems like the longest or most resource-intensive bit. You need 30 planks and 30 fasteners to build the bridge. The dictionary can give between 12 and 15 of each. Keepsake Boxes give 5 of each.

Step 2: The three peaks.

Oil Peak: Kill enemies to finish the zone. Boost +ML to fight bigger enemies and make it go faster (Oil Cartel is the biggest unique, starts at +100 ML, MCD and Florist Friar plants do count). This zone is really quick (I finished it with only 10 crude). Farm at least 12 bubblin' crude for the Twin Peaks. The highest ML enemies (oil cartel) also drop the most crude (droprate 100%/30%/15%), so ML is hugely important here. With 100 ML you'll want 234% item drop to get your oil on average without spending extra adventures. With 50 you should average it on 0% (10 guaranteed and 30% per for another 10) but running as much as possible is recommended to avoid bad RNG.

Syringes from Dusken Raider Ghosts on the A-boo Peak get you extra crude if you need it. You'll only fight 4 ghosts and the droprate is 15% on a 1 in 5 chance enemy, so you probably won't find any (and shouldn't plan on needing one to save a turn), but it may be worth doing a-boo peak first just in case. Now that you have to [use] A-boo clues this is more viable.

ML doesn't matter, just monster type, so you should probably run exactly 100 ML (or whatever lower monster type threshold you can muster) if you're having issues surviving due to the lack of stuns here.

Spading:
edit: Confirmed +100ML (radio doesn't count) to see cartels.

edit: One bubblin' crude is guaranteed. The rest are affected by +item%, base drop rate unknown.

edit: After about 50 adventures between 150% +item and 234% +item, the second two crude drops (looks like cartel drops 1-3 crude) are lower than 40%. I never saw less than 2 crude drops with 234%, and saw about 2.5/adventure over 40ish adventures, so preliminary guesswork says the drop rate is 100/30/15.

edit: Only one dropped at 190% +item, so it's less than 35%. Calling the second drop at 30% base, given it didn't miss a drop in 150ish adventures.

edit: Phil saw 20/21 at 547% +item (97% drop on a 15% base), so 100/30/15 looks like a safe bet.

edit: Pickpocketable/YRable too.
Clovering this area gives 3x crude. Useless given it only saves 2 turns maximum, and you're going to need to clover A-boo most likely.

edit: MCD counts now.

edit: So does friar plant ML.

Twin Peaks: Farm Rusty Hedge Trimmers (15% droprate) as a stone wool equivalent/just get the choice noncombat randomly. Three tests:

-Have +4 stench resistance
-Have 50% +item. Fairy doesn't help. +Food% counts
-Have an Oil Jar (multiuse 12x Bubblin' Crude)

And then a fourth once the first 3 are done:

-Have +40% initiative.

Clovering this area gives an item drop+initiative+stench resist (10%/10%/1) buff. Pretty useless in most scenarios most likely.

Edit: Hedge Trimmer droprate is less than 30%. This can be spaded with the quest completed, so I'll probably work out exact values eventually.

edit: Hedge Trimmers are a 15% drop. The item test is food%.

A-boo Peak: Farm A-boo clues to get a noncombat adventure. Each time you select the first choice, you take a larger hit of spooky+cold damage. 5 clicks gets you through the noncombat. Getting beaten up only despookifies by 2% on that test rather than the normal amount.

Edit: Hits are 13/25/50/125/250 of both cold and spooky according to the wiki, so you need to survive 926 elemental damage to pass this test perfectly. Looks like in many cases/paths you need an elemental vial or to get your resists well above 10. In class act I suspect you'll need to do this quest near the end of the run so that you have as much HP as possible, and it should be doable in softcore without any extra pulls (Super Structure + Black Paint + Exotic Parrot + Pet Rock in the CoT + Demihuman Medium Booze (charged in the alcove, where you want to run it anyways) brings the damage down to 203.5 if my calculations are correct, which should be survivable). In hardcore you might be able to survive it without an elemental vial in NP. In HCCA I think you're probably screwed.

You need to de-spookify this zone. Each ghost kill gives -2%, each successful noncombat choice -2%/4%/6%/8%/10% progressively. The initial free noncombat gives -2%.

Spreadsheet to calculate how much resists/HP you need. Please don't change non-yellow fields. Mysticality = true or false depending on whether you are a myst class or not.

Clovering gives 2 clues, which should get this zone a little under 2/3 done for you. Not sure if it's useful (depends on the base drop rate), but I'd guess it probably isn't based on what I saw.
Edit: I think the clover adventure might actually be mandatory. Unless I've been unlucky so far, A-boo Clue droprate is very low.

Edit: Okay, some weird mechanic caused these to stop dropping clues after about 10-15 more. Maybe there's a cap on how many you can farm per run? Anyhow, my preliminary spading before they stopped dropping guesstimates the droprate at between 10 and 20%.

Edit: Eleron says it was a bug, not supposed to drop at all after the quest is done. Anyhow, I think the droprate is between 10-20%, and it's clearly conditional.

Edit: My current plan fights ghosts until finding a clue, clovers for 2 more, does all three, then fights any remaining ghosts necessary.
Edit: Current plan is to fight 4 ghosts with as much +item as possible. With 234% you'll average 2 clues (15% base drop rate). Clover if you got 0-1 clues or if for some reason you're willing to only save 1 turn for a clover (or if your item drop bonus is much lower than the suggested 234%).
Last edited by Pewt on Mon May 20, 2013 4:11 pm, edited 58 times in total.

Pewt
AFH

Re: Level 9 Quest Revamp Knowledge

Post by Pewt » Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:58 am

For softcore, I'm thinking Oil Peak -> Jar, Twin Peaks -> find a hedge trimmers, A-boo peak -> farm 2 clues, activate GAP super structure (if you don't have +5 stench resist permed, notably in the new path), do hedge trimmers stench test then A-boo peak tests. Parrot + Pet Rock CoT + Super Structure should probably get you through the tests with reasonable HP. Once you've used up your GAP charge there doesn't seem to be any advantage to completing the three zones in any particular order.

Oh, and I have a pervert on my sideclan's fax machine right now if anyone needs one.

edit: It's in AFHobo too now.

edit: This is kind of unrelated, but Jick said he might fix nuns trick, so: Phil says as of now it's still working fine.

edit: In case anyone hasn't been told, by the way, Clover + Large Box = Blessed Large Box = 1x each DoD potion.
Last edited by Pewt on Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:43 pm, edited 6 times in total.

Draco Cracona
Gatekeeper of Hell

Post by Draco Cracona » Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:22 am

Pewt wrote:Step 1: Build a bridge over the chasm.

New area: Smut Orc Logging Camp. Smut Orcs drop bridge bits. Every 30 adventures you get a Pervert, which drops an item to speed the process up a lot (fax+putty this probably).

Dictionary can still be bought (confirm?), and builds about half the bridge for you.

This seems like the longest or most resource-intensive bit.
In HC, the perverts are a certain fax/arrow target, and that + dictionary should get you over here with 3 adv spent, I believe.

Step 2: The three peaks.

Oil Peak: Boost +ML. This zone is really quick (I finished it with only 10 crude). Farm at least 12 bubblin' crude. The highest ML enemies (oil cartel) also drop the most crude, so ML is hugely important here. Unsure whether item drop% helps here. Got oil cartels at +110 ML (including MCD).

Twin Peaks: Farm Rusty Hedge Trimmers as a stone wool equivalent/just get the choice noncombat randomly. Three tests:

-Have +5 stench resistance
-Have around 50% +item? You want to run a fairy in this zone presumably for hedge trimmers, so I can't imagine a scenario in which anyone would fail this test.
-Have an Oil Jar (multiuse 12x Bubblin' Crude)
Looks like I'll be perming another resist skill!
I think it may be +50% item without familiar- that's what the forums indicated.

And then a fourth once the first 3 are done:

-Have around +40% initiative according to the main forums. I passed with 60%.

A-boo Peak: Farm A-boo clues to get a noncombat adventure. Each time you select the first choice, you take a progressively doubling hit of spooky+cold damage. 5 (confirm?) clicks gets you through the noncombat. Getting beaten up only despookifies by 2% rather than 4%.

You need to de-spookify this zone. Each ghost kill gives -2%, each successful noncombat choice -4%.
Easy enough; may be worth dropping a phial here in HC, depending on the amount of damage.

Thanks for the overview :)

Pewt
AFH

Post by Pewt » Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:42 am

Draco Cracona wrote:Easy enough; may be worth dropping a phial here in HC, depending on the amount of damage.
You'll probably need to, at least as non-muscle. At +12 cold/spooky resist (and as myst, so with bonus resistance on top of that) I took about 80 damage total, most of that from the last test.

nworbetan
AFH

Post by nworbetan » Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:18 pm

Thanks for the speedy compilation of knowledge!

One small thing that may be worth including: Lost said he did the oil peak with 200+ ML and ended up with 10 or 11 of the bubblin' crudes (i.e. not enough for a jar). The Dusken Raider Ghosts drop a (smash & graaaghable) Duskwalker syringe -- a combat item that procures a bubblin' crude when used against the oil monsters. These might let you get away with using less +item% on the oil peak?
Pewt wrote:-Have +5? stench resistance
I and I think Pronell both did this successfully with +4, iirc.

Draco Cracona
Gatekeeper of Hell

Post by Draco Cracona » Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:05 am

Well, one small flaw in my plan. You progress wonderfully through the NC with a phial on, but it's a phial of spookiness. And these ghosts are spooky aligned.

Draco Cracona
Gatekeeper of Hell

Post by Draco Cracona » Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:18 am

You can, however, clover for clues while you have a phial active. Hmm.

Pewt
AFH

Post by Pewt » Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:36 am

Draco Cracona wrote:You can, however, clover for clues while you have a phial active. Hmm.
I think the correct answer for Hardcore would be to farm one clue, activate phial, clover, use 3* clue, and then kill any remaining ghosts? Or maybe just use 2x clover if you can spare them.

--

Updated stuff.

lotsofphil
Leader of rum ham

Post by lotsofphil » Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:25 am

I'm thinking a clover for clues is pretty good in SC, too. The drop rate is not high.

edit: and i see you already say this :)

Pewt
AFH

Post by Pewt » Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:28 pm

It's going to take some ascension to work out the exact clue droprate, but I'm pretty confident you need to clover here at least once. Probably farm one clue -> clover -> use all 3 with resists up.

Antipasta
AFH

Post by Antipasta » Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:37 am

I got the same 19.02 pressure drop from Oil Tycoons at ML's of +20, +40, and +43, with and without the MCD - no variation at all.

Not much data, but it looks like monster type you fight is all that matters, rather than total ML cleared.

Draco Cracona
Gatekeeper of Hell

Post by Draco Cracona » Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:33 am

Antipasta wrote:I got the same 19.02 pressure drop from Oil Tycoons at ML's of +20, +40, and +43, with and without the MCD - no variation at all.

Not much data, but it looks like monster type you fight is all that matters, rather than total ML cleared.
Huh, that's interesting. Guess it means a lot to push in that last bit of ML for it, then...

Pewt
AFH

Post by Pewt » Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:39 pm

Antipasta wrote:I got the same 19.02 pressure drop from Oil Tycoons at ML's of +20, +40, and +43, with and without the MCD - no variation at all.

Good news for the new path, since pushing very much ML is going to be dangerous given they ignore stuns and never miss (or at least the cartels do) not to mention difficult to muster. Added to the main post.

ungawa
AFH

Post by ungawa » Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:12 pm

It feels a little awkward that having A-Boo Clue in your inventory forces the noncombat when you adventure at the peak. It'd be less fiddly if it worked like the hedge trimmers.

I'm not in a position to test it, but I'd be curious to see if the clover adventure or Boo Clue adventure has priority. I'm going to guess clover.

Even though it's a low drop rate on the Clue, I'm not sure it'll be set in stone whether or not SC wants to clover for Clues. You need 4 Clues, or 3 Clues and 5 ghosts. It seems if you're likely killing 5 ghosts anyway, it may come out that you'll want to clover after the 5th ghost if you only got one clue, but farm a 3rd clue if you already found 2.

lostcalpolydude
Forum Maestro

Post by lostcalpolydude » Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:23 pm

ungawa wrote:I'm not in a position to test it, but I'd be curious to see if the clover adventure or Boo Clue adventure has priority. I'm going to guess clover.
The clover adventure overrides the superlikely, which matches the normal flow.
bmaher: Softcore character
lostcalpolydude: Hardcore character (abandoned)

Pewt
AFH

Post by Pewt » Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:34 pm

ungawa wrote:It feels a little awkward that having A-Boo Clue in your inventory forces the noncombat when you adventure at the peak. It'd be less fiddly if it worked like the hedge trimmers.

I'm not in a position to test it, but I'd be curious to see if the clover adventure or Boo Clue adventure has priority. I'm going to guess clover.

Even though it's a low drop rate on the Clue, I'm not sure it'll be set in stone whether or not SC wants to clover for Clues. You need 4 Clues, or 3 Clues and 5 ghosts. It seems if you're likely killing 5 ghosts anyway, it may come out that you'll want to clover after the 5th ghost if you only got one clue, but farm a 3rd clue if you already found 2.
Unless the expected time to find a clue is 3 or less turns, even in that situation you're better clovering there than the oasis. If the droprate turns out to be 20% I guess you might be able to avoid clovering; we'll see, but I think it's 15% at most.

VinnyB
Just Plain Old Pie

Post by VinnyB » Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:16 pm

Clovering a-boo once seems almost always worth it...what about twice?

Pewt
AFH

Post by Pewt » Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:23 pm

VinnyB wrote:Clovering a-boo once seems almost always worth it...what about twice?
The second clover saves 3 turns maximum (assuming you don't get a duskwalker syringe from killing 5 ghosts, which seems like a crapshoot), which is less than the bat cave and the clover box (and the first clover), and equal to the Oasis. That said, clovering the oasis and doing this the long way means you get more stats than clovering here and doing the oasis the long way, plus you get the shot at a duskwalker syringe. It's probably the #5 clover target in softcore, where you're only guaranteed 3 in a 2 day run. Not sure about hardcore.

Giaconda
Pie of the Sky

Post by Giaconda » Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:36 pm

I failed the stench resistance test at Twin Peak twice with +4 stench resistance, so maybe it's variable like the daily dungeon stat tests?

Pewt
AFH

Post by Pewt » Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:18 am

Giaconda wrote:I failed the stench resistance test at Twin Peak twice with +4 stench resistance, so maybe it's variable like the daily dungeon stat tests?
No clue. I've succeeded at +4 every time I've tried.

lotsofphil
Leader of rum ham

Post by lotsofphil » Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:48 am

Pewt wrote:
Giaconda wrote:I failed the stench resistance test at Twin Peak twice with +4 stench resistance, so maybe it's variable like the daily dungeon stat tests?
Maybe one of you was Myst and the other wasn't?

Pewt
AFH

Post by Pewt » Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:06 am

lotsofphil wrote:
Pewt wrote:
Maybe one of you was Myst and the other wasn't?
Done it as Seal Clubber, Turtle Tamer, and Accordion Thief.

lotsofphil
Leader of rum ham

Post by lotsofphil » Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:30 am

And giaconda is a PM. This is just an idea.

BC_Goldman
My Pie Blown Sky High

Post by BC_Goldman » Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:33 pm

That would make sense if mafia is counting the Myst base resistance but it doesn't apply on the KoL side. Sort of like how it doesn't help with they resistance tests in the DD iirc.

transplanted_entwife
Oh my! Guy with Pie!

Post by transplanted_entwife » Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:56 pm

Thank you so much for all of this info... I've used it for planning and then run guidance.

A couple things from my recent HCNP run-

Faxed/arrowed(quaked) Pervert on day 2. That finished the first part.

I had the hedge trimmers fail to drop at +264% item. So.. less that 30%, it seems? Ugh.

Total turns spent on the quest for me was 38. That was with 1 clover used for boo maps. I delayed until day 3, to use black paint. I'm pretty sure I can cut a bit more off of that and I'll keep tweaking and trying for better.

###
As an aside... I'm thinking that grabbing a wand in HCNP to attempt a zap for the N is a viable option if you have a spare letter and no need for a vortex or NG. Affording it on day 2 is a PAIN if you're delaying the 9 quest until level 11/12. The only reason I was able to do so last run was because of the 2 Library spell books that dropped. I guess getting it on 3 would still work if the wand survived the key zapping (or maybe go ahead and do 2 DD? Not sure here). My wand behaved on 3 and blew up after zapping all my keys and then the N.

Guiseppi
Pie in the Sky

Post by Guiseppi » Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:06 pm

BC_Goldman wrote:That would make sense if mafia is counting the Myst base resistance but it doesn't apply on the KoL side. Sort of like how it doesn't help with they resistance tests in the DD iirc.
I don't think it should matter. The first 4 levels of resistance are +10% each. The intrinsic resistance of Myst classes is +5%. If KoL requires 40%, then 3 levels plus being a Myst class wouldn't work, but Mafia would show that as 35% anyway. If KoL requires a true +4 resistance ("Considerable"), then obviously the Myst bonus wouldn't help. But either way, that's not enough resistance on its own. I'm not having any luck coming up with a situation where it would seem that someone has enough resistance, even including the Myst bonus, and not actually make it.

lostcalpolydude
Forum Maestro

Post by lostcalpolydude » Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:05 am

I just double-clovered at A-Boo Peak. For the fourth clue, I walked away after the third round of damage because there was already no hauntedness left (and why take extra damage?), and it did not use a turn. I don't know if this always happens when walking away or if it's something special when the area is already completed, but that's an extra 1 or 2 turns saved from double-clovering (since you can walk away after step 4 of both of the extra clues and still finish the area), if walking away always makes it not use a turn.

Pewt
AFH

Post by Pewt » Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:37 am

lostcalpolydude wrote:I just double-clovered at A-Boo Peak. For the fourth clue, I walked away after the third round of damage because there was already no hauntedness left (and why take extra damage?), and it did not use a turn. I don't know if this always happens when walking away or if it's something special when the area is already completed, but that's an extra 1 or 2 turns saved from double-clovering (since you can walk away after step 4 of both of the extra clues and still finish the area), if walking away always makes it not use a turn.
Interesting; so the second clover saves 5 turns? Sounds ideal.

Guiseppi
Pie in the Sky

Post by Guiseppi » Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:32 am

Confirmed that walking away makes it not use a turn. Don't know if that's deliberate or not, so this may not be something that lasts. Finishing the peak (i.e. getting down to 0% haunted) does cause it to use a turn, though, regardless of which test you were on. That is, pass four tests and walk away, no turn. Pass four tests and that clears the peak, it takes a turn.

lostcalpolydude
Forum Maestro

Post by lostcalpolydude » Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:39 am

Guiseppi wrote:Confirmed that walking away makes it not use a turn. Don't know if that's deliberate or not, so this may not be something that lasts. Finishing the peak (i.e. getting down to 0% haunted) does cause it to use a turn, though, regardless of which test you were on. That is, pass four tests and walk away, no turn. Pass four tests and that clears the peak, it takes a turn.
I cleared the peak with the third test, and then walked away to not take a turn.

Guiseppi
Pie in the Sky

Post by Guiseppi » Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:47 am

Really? Hmm. I was specifically looking for that and could have sworn it took a turn.

lostcalpolydude
Forum Maestro

Post by lostcalpolydude » Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:51 pm

Apparently the part where it didn't take a turn was a bug and has been fixed.

Pewt
AFH

Post by Pewt » Fri Nov 30, 2012 4:47 pm

lostcalpolydude wrote:Apparently the part where it didn't take a turn was a bug and has been fixed.
Okay, back to single clovering then.

top1214
Oh my! Guy with Pie!

Post by top1214 » Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:03 am

Pewt wrote:
Oil Peak: The highest ML enemies (oil cartel) also drop the most crude (droprate 100%/30%/15%), so ML is hugely important here.
Data on drop rate please.

I found Barons have a 30% drop rate, and Tycoons very likely have a 10% drop rate. So I would think it's 100%/30%/10%, but I don't care enough to suss it out this moment.

lotsofphil
Leader of rum ham

Post by lotsofphil » Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:15 am

I might be remembering wrong, but I think I spaded that part WM. Unfortunately I have no notes of any kind. Unless pewt has chat logs you might be, as they say in Paris, sans data.

sham
Fie the Pie

Post by sham » Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:46 am

lotsofphil wrote:Unless pewt has chat logs you might be, as they say in Paris, sans data.
do they? :)

Pewt
AFH

Post by Pewt » Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:06 am

Here's the relevant section of the log:
[13:55] Pewt: I'm becoming more and more confident of 100/30/15
[13:55] Giaconda: potion of detection it is!
[13:56] Pewt: for oil cartel drops
[13:56] Pewt: or at least 100/30/<10-20>
[13:56] AFHk: [LotsOfPhil] You acquire an item: Thwaitgold woollybear statuette
[13:56] AFHk: [Transplanted_Entwif e] woo Phil
[13:56] AFHk: [Transplanted_Entwif e] haha
[13:57] Pewt: anyone have a JR I can borrow for a bit? out of GAP charges and trying to keep my +item% constant
[13:58] Casting The Ode to Booze 2 times.
[13:58] AFHk: [LotsOfPhil] sure, pewt
[13:58] New message received from LotsOfPhil
[13:58] Pulling 26 CSA cheerfulness ration.
[13:59] Pewt: thanks phil
[13:59] Casting Empathy of the Newt 5 times.
[14:00] AFHk: [LotsOfPhil] now to see if i can do nemesis quest in 17 turns
[14:01] AFHk: [Transplanted_Entwif e] Pewt, your post on the new zone is great. Thanks for putting it together!
[14:01] Using 1 slimy alveolus.
[14:01] Pewt: mhm
[14:01] Giaconda: Yes, it is super helpful
[14:01] Snarkypants: Any trick to getting the oily worm?
[14:02] Pewt: okay, unless the second drop is something weird like 35%, I'm calling it confirmed at 30%
[14:02] Pewt: about 100 combats so far at 234% and haven't missed it once, and yet I missed it a fair amount at 150%
[14:02] Purchasing 1 Knob Goblin pet-buffing spray.
[14:02] Using 1 Knob Goblin pet-buffing spray.
[14:02] Purchasing 1 Knob Goblin eyedrops.
[14:02] Using 1 Knob Goblin eyedrops.
[14:02] Casting Ur-Kel's Aria of Annoyance 2 times.
[14:02] Casting Fat Leon's Phat Loot Lyric 2 times.
[14:02] Casting Empathy of the Newt 2 times.
[14:02] Casting Leash of Linguini.
[14:03] AFHk: [LotsOfPhil] pewt, try 190
[14:03] AFHk: [LotsOfPhil] a.k.a. test 35% base
[14:03] Pewt: kk
[14:03] Removing Empathy.
[14:04] AFHk: [TrueEeviL] pewt is a dirty spade
[14:04] AFHk: [TrueEeviL] I blame phil -hic-
[14:04] Removing Fat Leon's Phat Loot Lyric.
[14:04] Removing that effect (Leash of Linguini), requires a soft green echo eyedrop antidote, confirm with /uneffect! Leash of Linguini.
[14:04] Removing Leash of Linguini.
[14:05] Pewt: ugh
[14:05] Pewt: stupid fairies, giving weird parts of percent drop rates
[14:05] You get more familiar with sn&#596;&#592;&#647;&#63, your Baby Bugged Bugbear.
[14:05] You put Scott, your Li'l Xenomorph, in the Crown of Thrones.
[14:05] Pewt: let's see if I can get it on just equipment
[14:06] AFHk: [Transplanted_Entwif e] huh, I'm not seeing the oil rig outfit as an option.
[14:06] Pewt: do you have the [8], [9], and [10] pieces?
[14:06] Pewt: if so, mafia doesn't show it but you should be able to select it fine in your inventory
[14:06] AFHk: [BigglesWorth] It is quite odd to see that I have the only shop in the mall with the woim for sale.
[14:06] Pewt: (mafia doesn't give na [outfit] link, that is)
[14:07] Pewt: Biggles, I put one up earlier and it sold pretty fast
[14:07] Pewt: probably not many people know about them and they're being bought
[14:07] AFHk: [Transplanted_Entwif e] I thought I did- let me check
[14:07] Wiseworm: hello again clan
[14:07] Pewt: hey ww
[14:07] bleary: hi chief
[14:07] AFHk: [LotsOfPhil] pewt, what's your highest +items fail on the 15% guess?
[14:07] AFHk: [BigglesWorth] It makes it hard to price. ;-) -hic-
[14:08] Pewt: Phil, I haven't gone higher than 234 yet
[14:08] Pewt: trying to get to exactly 190 right now
[14:08] AFHk: [LotsOfPhil] oh :)
[14:08] AFHk: [LotsOfPhil] i
[14:08] Pewt: bah -hic-
[14:08] AFHk: [BigglesWorth] I feel I may have it too high
[14:08] AFHk: [LotsOfPhil] well, here comes +432 then -hic-
[14:08] Pewt: okay
[14:08] AFHk: [Transplanted_Entwif e] nope
[14:08] Pewt: you try to spade the third drop
[14:08] Pewt: I'll try to confirm the second as 30%
[14:09] AFHk: [LotsOfPhil] 2/3 @ +432%
[14:09] AFHk: [LotsOfPhil] so it is less than 20%
[14:09] Pulling 1 cyclops eyedrops.
[14:09] Using 1 cyclops eyedrops.
[14:10] AFHk: [Transplanted_Entwif e] ah, there we go
[14:10] AFHk: [Transplanted_Entwif e] had the pan rather than the lamp.
[14:10] AFHk: [LotsOfPhil] 2/3 @ +482% -hic-
[14:10] AFHk: [Transplanted_Entwif e] haha, I look like the thing that killed Tasha Yar =P
[14:11] Wiseworm: poor tasha :'(
[14:11] Guiseppi: Damn. I finished the bridge, thought 'That wasn't so bad.' ... and then saw the next part of the quest.
[14:11] AFHk: [Transplanted_Entwif e] I know =(
[14:11] AFHk: [LotsOfPhil] 2/3 @ +502%
[14:11] Wiseworm: i had the same feeling gui
[14:11] AFHk: [Transplanted_Entwif e] same
[14:12] Farrhago: Oh boy. This new level 9 quest is gonna screw things up like crazy :P
[14:12] Sol Ascendens: Hmm... I spent over a dozen oily birds getting a woim, then it gave me two on the same turn of funkslinging. =P
[14:12] Farrhago: Shame I was so busy this past week -_-
[14:13] Snarkypants: I have been funkslinging to no effect.
[14:13] Giaconda: Yeah, the new quest is going to make short runs harder
[14:13] AFHk: [LotsOfPhil] 11/12 @ +547%
[14:14] AFHk: [TrueEeviL] Anyone has a feast? >_>
[14:14] AFHk: [TrueEeviL] (I need to make that a macro!)
[14:14] Pewt: phil, sounds like 15% is sounding very reasonable? -hic-
[14:14] AFHk: [BigglesWorth] I wasn't counting but I think I used about 11 oily birds to get each woim I've had so far.
[14:14] Snarkypants: Not in one combat, biggs?
[14:15] AFHk: [LotsOfPhil] well, the 547 sets the ceiling very close to 15%
[14:15] Using 1 Knob Goblin eyedrops.
[14:15] Sorry, I can't figure out which item you mean. That may be an item you don't have, or need to click directly. ("cyclops eyedrops")
[14:15] Pulling 1 cyclops eyedrops.
[14:15] Using 1 cyclops eyedrops.
[14:16] Pewt: Okay, just missed a drop at 190% -hic-
[14:16] Pewt: can we call the second one 30% officially?
[14:16] Farrhago: Does that change anything regarding to contest prizes, or will we just have to suck it up? xD
[14:16] Pewt: I succeeded in over 100 drops at 234%
[14:16] AFHk: [LotsOfPhil] how many did you try at 186?
[14:16] AFHk: [LotsOfPhil] get me a fail at 187 and you can be official :)
[14:17] Pewt: huh?
[14:17] Pewt: you mean at 233?
[14:17] AFHk: [LotsOfPhil] no, i mean 187 -hic-
[14:17] AFHk: [TrueEeviL] lol
[14:17] AFHk: [LotsOfPhil] rule out 35% base
[14:17] Pewt: I did
[14:17] Pewt: I missed one at 190%
[14:18] Pewt: Oh wait
[14:18] Pewt: that's slightly over >_>
[14:18] AFHk: [LotsOfPhil] oh, you're good then -hic-
[14:18] Pewt: Yeah, should be good
[14:18] Farrhago: Yeesh. I was planning on starting my contest run take two today, but iuno if that's possible now :P
[14:18] Pewt: is the third basically confirmed at 15%?
[14:18] AFHk: [LotsOfPhil] 20/21 @ +547%. So I like 100/XX/15
[14:18] AFHk: [LotsOfPhil] yeah, it is good for me -hic-
[14:19] AFHk: [LotsOfPhil] gonna go finish my nemesis quest now
[14:19] AFHk: [Transplanted_Entwif e] You have unlocked a new tattoo.
[14:19] AFHk: [Transplanted_Entwif e] whee
[14:21] littlelolligagged: so, today Iearned that if you happen to be beaten up by a nightstand, and you decide to burn this off in the hidden temple and get the adventure for nostril twice in a row and think that +3turns would
[14:21] littlelolligagged: be nice, that an extra 3 turns of beaten up makes it particularly helpful!
[14:21] Casting Ur-Kel's Aria of Annoyance.
[14:21] AFHk: [BigglesWorth] What an interesting look TE.
[14:22] AFHk: [Transplanted_Entwif e] hehe
[14:27] AFHk: [LotsOfPhil] You have 55 oily boids.
[14:27] AFHk: [LotsOfPhil] lets see what happens :)
[14:28] Pulling 1 Connery's Elixir of Audacity.
[14:28] Using 1 Connery's Elixir of Audacity.
[14:28] Pulling 1 serum of sarcasm.
[14:28] Using 1 serum of sarcasm.
[14:29] Pewt: Uh
[14:29] Pewt: so manuel says this guy has 233 attackb
[14:29] Pewt: ut he's hitting every attack at 666 moxie
[14:29] Pewt: does that mean every single attack is a critical?
[14:29] AFHk: [Transplanted_Entwif e] Twin Peak is taking me forever. I must have messed something up.
[14:30] AFHk: [darkgreycat] Or auto-hit, like the gremlins.
[14:30] AFHk: [darkgreycat] Or a "spell", like hobopolis.
[14:30] Pewt: definitely not a spell
[14:30] Pewt: well, how do I clarify that on the wiki page?
[14:30] AFHk: [Transplanted_Entwif e] oh, there's the trimmers. Yay.
[14:30] AFHk: [darkgreycat] The physical hobos in town square have "spells" that auto-hit but don't "feel" like spells (text).
[14:30] AFHk: [LotsOfPhil] 3 woims from that
[14:31] Pewt: yeah, hence how I know it isn't a spell
[14:31] AFHk: [Transplanted_Entwif e] oh dear lord, the Bubblemint Twins. HA!
[14:31] AFHk: [darkgreycat] If it acts like the gremlins, then just say he automatically hits you every round.
[14:31] Straha: Good morning, afternoon, or other local time convention, everyone.
[14:32] AFHk: [Transplanted_Entwif e] greetings, Straha =)
[14:32] bobba fetta: Good afternoon, Straha.
[14:34] Pewt: Hey uh
[14:34] Pewt: actually never mind
[14:34] You get more familiar with Rocky, your He-Boulder.
[14:35] Pewt: actually yes
[14:35] Pewt: can someone try to pickpocket an oil cartel?
[14:36] AFHk: [LotsOfPhil] sure, let me suit up
[14:36] Pewt: I successfully got all 3 from YR, but it's possible I was just lucky
[14:36] bobba fetta: My multi could attempt it, if he progresses to that point in the run.
[14:37] bobba fetta: In the quest, I mean.
[14:38] bobba fetta: How far into the quest do you have to be to fight cartels?
[14:38] Pewt: oil peak
[14:38] Pewt: +100 ML active
[14:38] Pewt: (not counting MCD)
[14:39] AFHk: [Transplanted_Entwif e] You acquire an item: gold wedding ring
[14:39] Klyth: balls!
[14:39] Klyth: i just realized i can't use goo!!!!
[14:39] Klyth: only YR....
[14:39] Klyth: sonofabitch
[14:39] AFHk: [TrueEeviL] You deftly slip your fingers into your opponent's pocket and grab something.
[14:39] AFHk: [TrueEeviL] You acquire an item: bubblin' crude
[14:39] Pewt: thanks eEe

top1214
Oh my! Guy with Pie!

Post by top1214 » Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:30 pm

Yep, that's almost certainly 15%. I might get some more data on the Tycoon then, to confirm 10% later.

Pewt
AFH

Post by Pewt » Mon May 20, 2013 4:07 pm

Should now be updated with the last few months of spading and the new IotM.