New Spookyraven Omnibus

This is where you spade, shovel and sickle. Or is it reap?
lotsofphil
Leader of rum ham

New Spookyraven Omnibus

Post by lotsofphil » Fri May 16, 2014 7:52 am

None of this is mine, just collecting info.

1) You never need to go in the pantry.
2) Adventure in kitchen with hot and stench resistance. Use a goth kid here. Number of drawers appears to be min(1 + (appropriate resistance/3), 4). You need to open 21 drawers, then the next fight will give you the key.
3) Adventure in billiards room. Run hand chalk (+3), equip pool cue (+3), have semi-rares (+???), have 10 drunkenness (+10), run NC, beat the ghost. More pool details in this post.
4) Kill 5 writing desks in the library. Putties/arrows are not useful here. So a good place to sniff/banish.
5) Click on Lady Spookyraven to get ghost necklace.
6) Reload manor.php or main.php to actually be let upstairs.

Now you're on the second floor.

You need 3 things to open the ballroom: shoes (from gallery), gown (from bedroom), powder puff (from bathroom).
1) Powder puff: run -combat in bathroom. Encounter and kill cosmetic wraith. (Notes: definitely no delay, I saw it on turn 1 in zone)
2) Gown: encounter the elegant animated nightstand. Kill it and choose to open the drawer. (Notes: likely not scheduled. I saw it on turn 7 including 2 goth kid fights, TE saw it on turn 8. Likely guess: delay())
3) Shoes: run NC (there appears to be delay here. So use runaways/arrows/goth kid if available), when you first hit the NC, just choose any random choice. It will put you at some painting in the maze. Orient yourself and follow this louvre map. (Notes: I saw the louvre on turn 6 in zone. Same for TE. Same for lechef.)

Cellar:
1) Cellar unlock. We'll All Be Flat is the same as before.
2) Cellar itself: "Get spookyraven's spectacles (looks like other items may work, needs testing), equip them, click the wall for the list, use the list. There should be a glowing green scrawl now present. Fight wine racks in the wine cellar until you have the vinegar, cabinets in the laundry until you have the blasting powder, cook the two together, equip the result, and fight haunted boilers until it says it's ready to go."
3) Vinegar is fancy, so cooking the unstable fulminate takes a turn/shot of Inigo's/chef.
4) With the unstable fulminate, looks like you want to be running +100 ML or more to turn the fulminate into a wine bomb with just one boiler. Source.

For the Lights Out Quest, I suggest following the wiki. You'll see the adventures every time your total lifetime turns played (big number, 400k for me) is divisible by 37. So one chain takes 259 turns. If you miss a Lights Out adventure, just wait 37 turns for the next one to come around. Quest progress stays where it was.

References:
http://forums.kingdomofloathing.com/vb/ ... tcount=173
http://s224.photobucket.com/user/abeaS_ ... e.jpg.html
http://forums.kingdomofloathing.com/vb/ ... tcount=205
http://forums.kingdomofloathing.com/vb/ ... tcount=248
http://kol.coldfront.net/thekolwiki/ind ... _Out_Quest

nonvegan
Pie in the Sky

Re: New Spookyraven Omnibus

Post by nonvegan » Fri May 16, 2014 9:44 am

I'm sure we don't know all the tricks yet, but what's the feeling on net +/- adventures over old Spookyraven? Sounds like we lost a bit of delay(), which is always appreciated.

lotsofphil
Leader of rum ham

Post by lotsofphil » Fri May 16, 2014 1:43 pm

Calling a turn a turn, whether or not it would be goth kid fight or free run or w/e

Old:
10 turns pantry
min 6 turns billiard
min 6 turns library
min 7 turns bedroom
min 5 turns ballroom
~3 turns cellar
~min 37 turns

New:
7 turns kitchen
???min 6 turns billiard
min 5 turn library
1 turn bathroom
???5 turn gallery
???7 turn bedroom
min 5 turns ballroom
??? turns cellar
~min 36 turns + cellar

I'm going to say the new one is comparable to 5 turns longer. There are an awwwwwful lot of assumptions there though.

LeafyGreens
Inscrutable Pi

Post by LeafyGreens » Fri May 16, 2014 2:23 pm

I wish there were some ways to speed it up with pulls, because I like meaningful pulls. But if it only adds 10-15 adv total I can probably call that a win, plus great flavor of course.

lotsofphil
Leader of rum ham

Post by lotsofphil » Fri May 16, 2014 2:37 pm

LeafyGreens wrote:I wish there were some ways to speed it up with pulls, because I like meaningful pulls. But if it only adds 10-15 adv total I can probably call that a win, plus great flavor of course.
I'm only through setting the song, but the only meaningful pull I know about would be a cube of billiard chalk. There could be hedge trimmer-like objects... Or stuff for the cellar.

starwed
AFH

Post by starwed » Fri May 16, 2014 4:43 pm

The kitchen is looking like drawers searched = 1 + (resist/3)

Fractional part is rounded up randomly based on the fraction; so at 1 resist you have a 1/3 chance of getting 2 drawers searched?

harumph
My Pie Blown Sky High

Post by harumph » Fri May 16, 2014 8:23 pm

Clarification question re the billiards room. My current run took me 35 turns coz im silly. But my questions are:
1) it seems i started at 9 pool points. Since after my first nc (which i chose 2nd option which gave me +2pts), im at 11 already in the quest tracker.
2) what does +3 hand chalk mean? Do i get +3pts if i first activate the buff? How about pool cue? If i get the pool cue adventure its +3 outright? (This coild explain part of my initial 9 pts)

Thanks!

-from mr. Confused

lotsofphil
Leader of rum ham

Post by lotsofphil » Fri May 16, 2014 8:54 pm

use hand chalk, +3
equip pool cue, +3

Pool Skill is an enchantment on things

harumph
My Pie Blown Sky High

Post by harumph » Fri May 16, 2014 9:00 pm

lotsofphil wrote:use hand chalk, +3
equip pool cue, +3

Pool Skill is an enchantment on things
oh. i get it, so while it's equiped its +3. thanks phil. I'm a really poor spade. thanks!

LeafyGreens
Inscrutable Pi

Post by LeafyGreens » Fri May 16, 2014 10:09 pm

You are not a poor spade, trying to dig a hole with a crowbar is a poor spade.

Creelie
Inscrutable Pi

Post by Creelie » Sat May 17, 2014 12:19 am

On the third floor, the babies can only move clockwise. The objective is to get all 3 in the lab, at which point you can put them in a jar and turn it in to Lady Spookyraven to be done with her and gain a nice little stat boost consumable. Using an item a baby loves pulls it into a room, and using an item a baby hates will drive it into the next room. From this it is clear one should start in the storage room, to pull babies in from the nursery and send them on into the lab.

When I did it, I found:

Chubby baby is attracted to poppet, which drives away weeping baby.
Giggling baby is attracted to rocking horse, which drives away chubby baby.
Weeping baby is attracted to jack-in-the-box, which drives away giggling baby.

lotsofphil
Leader of rum ham

Post by lotsofphil » Sat May 17, 2014 8:27 am

Can anyone elaborate on the cellar? Do I need spectacles, where do they come from, what items do I get, from where, etc...

lightwolf
AFH

Post by lightwolf » Sat May 17, 2014 12:06 pm

There are two paths to cellar. The First

Code: Select all

TOP SECRET MORTAR DISSOLVING RECIPE
(do not misplace)

loosening powder (Kitchen)
    powdered castoreum (Conservatory)
    drain dissolver (Bathroom)
    triple-distilled turpentine (Gallery)
    detartrated anhydrous sublicalc (Lab)
    triatomaceous dust (Storage Room)
The second involves getting and wearing Spectacles (which are still in the bedroom/dressers as far as I know) and looking at the same list to see the following:

Beneath the list, in a glowing green scrawl, the following is written...

"Screw this scavenger hunt crap. Just get a bottle of Chateau de Vinegar, mix it with some blasting soda, heat it up, and blow this wall to Kingdom Come."
Which requires "Fight wine racks in the wine cellar until you have the vinegar, cabinets in the laundry until you have the blasting powder, cook the two together, equip the result, and fight haunted boilers until it says it's ready to go."

Eroquin
Pie of the Sky

Post by Eroquin » Sat May 17, 2014 2:52 pm

While this is already listed on the forum, might as well put both the Lights Out paths here for those interested to make it easier to look up. Wheat from the chaff, and whatnot. Also then you don't need to get dirty with GD-germs. (So credit to GValko and KingBobson for the original postings.)

Note #1: You can do both in the same ascension.
Note #2: I already corrected the error from the forums in Elizabeth's path for this list. Two of them were swapped when reported on the forum which was causing some people some headache. Though if you read the things it would be obvious anyway. (Because while Stephen's path has a couple of minor logic leaps to make, Elizabeth's spells it out very clearly where the next one is.)
Note #3: If you hadn't heard already, and you probably have, these come up every 37 turns. Those turns can be spent anywhere in the kingdom and you can just come back for Lights Out. Aelf was saying how it wasn't actually working like that, but I'm suspecting a wandering monster, or semirare, or something like that got in the way, because I got every one when it was supposed to happen.

Elizabeth
store room (window)
laundry room (stain)
bath room (tub)
kitchen (snack)
library (children's book)
ball room (dance with yourself)
gallery (tormented souls), FIGHT

Stephen
Bedroom (left nightstand)
Nursery (stuffed animals)
Conservatory (graves, Crumbles)
Billiards (taxidermy)
Wine (pinot noir)
Boiler (barrel)
Laboratory (weird machine), FIGHT

lotsofphil
Leader of rum ham

Post by lotsofphil » Sun May 18, 2014 7:43 am

I got chateau de vinegar from first wine rack @ +280% items. Got the blasting soda from my third cabinet at +280% items.
Fulminate heated up 50 degrees against first boiler and then turned into wine bomb on second. At +80 ML and 7 hot res. Wiki says 43, so I guess that is variable.
edit: as per http://forums.kingdomofloathing.com/vb/ ... tcount=248 looks like you need +100 ML or more for the boilers.

starwed
AFH

Post by starwed » Sun May 18, 2014 2:23 pm

Took 7 turns for me to get the cosmetics wraith, with -15% noncombat.

greycat
AFH

Post by greycat » Sun May 18, 2014 2:32 pm

I got the Chateau de Vinegar from the first wine rack (wasted sniff/SGEEA), and then I got the blasting soda from the first cabinet (wasted sniff/SGEEA), and then got the wine bomb from the first boiler. This was all at +100 or more ML.

transplanted_entwife
Oh my! Guy with Pie!

Post by transplanted_entwife » Sun May 18, 2014 5:33 pm

Also, for the gallery this post has the "just give me the damn shoes" listed out quite nicely:

http://forums.kingdomofloathing.com/vb/ ... tcount=169

starwed
AFH

Post by starwed » Sun May 18, 2014 9:09 pm

Since the "Lights Out!" adventures don't take a turn, and are super-predictable, it might be worth doing Stephen's quest chain in run. (The last three steps require you to be L11, but that should be enough time to fit it in!)

His shirt drop is really nice. (+10ML, +5lb familiar)

lightwolf
AFH

Post by lightwolf » Sun May 18, 2014 10:07 pm

greycat wrote:I got the Chateau de Vinegar from the first wine rack (wasted sniff/SGEEA), and then I got the blasting soda from the first cabinet (wasted sniff/SGEEA), and then got the wine bomb from the first boiler. This was all at +100 or more ML.
I got mine from the third wine rack and 2nd cabinet, with respectable +item.

transplanted_entwife
Oh my! Guy with Pie!

Post by transplanted_entwife » Mon May 19, 2014 11:01 am

FYI- cooking the bottle of Chateau de Vinegar and blasting soda into the Unstable fulminate takes a turn. Woo, quasi-accidental spading! =O

Draco Cracona
Gatekeeper of Hell

Post by Draco Cracona » Mon May 19, 2014 11:09 am

Just a check here- has anyone got the stuff for the blasting powder to drop without looking at the wall through the specs? Getting that NC twice in the bedroom may suck.

starwed
AFH

Post by starwed » Mon May 19, 2014 7:41 pm

I wrote a script for proxy that tracks the Lights Out! quest, and adds warnings in the same style as for semirares.

It seems to work, though it won't ever recognize when you've actually finished the quest. (Not sure the best way to check you've won a specific combat!) And it only knows your quest progress by parsing the results of "lIghts out!" adventures, so I might have messed up the string matching somewhere.

(To use it, copy it into the custom-autoload directory.)

lotsofphil
Leader of rum ham

Post by lotsofphil » Tue May 20, 2014 12:51 pm

I linked to the wiki's page on Lights Out Quest in the top post. I've followed it for Stephen and found it perfectly clear: http://kol.coldfront.net/thekolwiki/ind ... _Out_Quest

Eroquin
Pie of the Sky

Post by Eroquin » Tue May 20, 2014 6:22 pm

lotsofphil wrote:I linked to the wiki's page on Lights Out Quest in the top post. I've followed it for Stephen and found it perfectly clear: http://kol.coldfront.net/thekolwiki/ind ... _Out_Quest
:oops:

Uh.

Uh.

Links are haaaaaard.

Or something.

lotsofphil
Leader of rum ham

Post by lotsofphil » Wed May 21, 2014 4:48 pm

edit: mafia now does this, just type "spookyraven on" in the CLI

I assume mafia will get better at this (and starwed has already done it for proxy) but... this script will set 20 counters for your next 20 lights out adventure times. Save it as a .ash file and run it, voila. The counters should pop up a warning if you're adventuring manually and stop automation if you're automating:

void main()
    {
    	int nameCount = 1;
    	int turnVal = 37 - (total_turns_played() % 37);
    	for i from 1 to 20
    	{
    		string counterName = "lightsOutCounter"+nameCount;
    		cli_execute("counters add "+turnVal+" "+counterName);
    		turnVal = turnVal + 37;
    		nameCount = nameCount + 1;
    	}
    }
It's spammy in the CLI output but, c'est la vie.

littlelolligagged
Leader of Heck

Post by littlelolligagged » Wed May 21, 2014 5:00 pm

Thanks, Phil :)

top1214
Oh my! Guy with Pie!

Post by top1214 » Tue May 27, 2014 8:23 pm

Phil, might want to think about changing hot resistance/3 to appropriate resistance/3

lotsofphil
Leader of rum ham

Post by lotsofphil » Wed May 28, 2014 10:43 am

Thanks, WM. Tweaked it a little.