Level 12 quest spreadsheet

This is where you spade, shovel and sickle. Or is it reap?
Flolle
Fie the Pie

Post by Flolle » Tue Apr 01, 2008 8:11 pm

They way I understood it, it forces all three choice adventures. But maybe someone should test it for confirmation.

Antipasta
AFH

Post by Antipasta » Wed Apr 02, 2008 7:13 am

I just tried this on a multi, didn't work (rats!).

I tried three poppers -
- tried one first adventure, got a duck next
- fought a couple ducks, tried another, noncombat
- more ducks, poppered one, got another duck

Flolle
Fie the Pie

Post by Flolle » Wed Apr 02, 2008 7:34 am

Ok. Next time I'll just ignore nonAFH or -HCO people as far as spading goes. ;) Just a joke.

Bazzle
AFH

Post by Bazzle » Sat Apr 19, 2008 5:17 pm

Some minor updates. It was pointed out to me today that it's now possible to flyer Ed 7 times. This is now reflected in the sheet. In addition, I added some handling for the ballroom noncombat song. You can now enter whether or not the song is on, and whether the queue is favorable for getting it again or not. The sheet will calculate the turns necessary for turning it off into your beach totals.

lostcalpolydude
Forum Maestro

Post by lostcalpolydude » Thu May 08, 2008 8:25 pm

What I would really like is some nice way of determining the best route if you end up doing some stuff differently than it predicts. I know one time I finished the Orchard about 10 turns faster than predicted (as a frat boy while flyering), and I should have probably switched to the nuns instead of doing the suggested ducks since the ducks could no longer finish off flyers, but I didn't even think of it until later.

Today I finished up flyers while doing the level 11 quest, before even reaching Ed (silly low-skilled run). Using this to figure out the fastest way through the rest of the war should be interesting, since the only part I can really use is expected turns to complete each area.

Honestly, I have no idea how this would be added to the spreadsheet, or if it's worth adding even. It would probably require the user to track ML completed so far, which realistically would require a gm script or mafia to track that number.
bmaher: Softcore character
lostcalpolydude: Hardcore character (abandoned)

lostcalpolydude
Forum Maestro

Post by lostcalpolydude » Sun May 11, 2008 3:39 pm

Here's something interesting to debug. The site doesn't display any results in Safari (newest version at least); it appears to be doing stuff, and then nothing changes. Same problem with Firefox3b5. Downloading firefox 2.0.0.14, I tested that it was working properly.

Edit: I should clarify that this is on OS X, 10.4.11.
bmaher: Softcore character
lostcalpolydude: Hardcore character (abandoned)

alacrity
AFH

Post by alacrity » Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:43 pm

TeKRunneR's web based version of this is currently unavailable, url returns 404.

Flolle
Fie the Pie

Post by Flolle » Tue Jul 08, 2008 1:20 am

Yeah, TekRunneR already made a post explaining why here.

TeKRunneR
Spy vs. Pie

Post by TeKRunneR » Sun Jul 13, 2008 3:38 pm

Yes, I am sorry for the downtime, it will be back up as soon as the new host is ready. Also sorry for never seeing your bug report lostcalpolydude, it might sound strange but I rarely use the optimizer myself and I only very recently realized that it wasn't working with the most recent versions of some browsers. That bug is fixed now.

Oh and about your earlier post, it shouldn't be that hard to do. Just add a panel can enter the number of turns that the quest actually took, and have the simulator take that value instead of the predicted one.

For future bug reports / feature requests I think you'll have more success reaching me through kmails by the way (or posting into the thread dedicated to the optimizer in the HCO forum, the only one I check reliably).

TeKRunneR
Spy vs. Pie

Post by TeKRunneR » Sat Jul 19, 2008 9:44 am

For those interested by the web version : http://forums.kingdomofloathing.com:808 ... ostcount=7

StDoodle
Just Plain Old Pie

Post by StDoodle » Mon Nov 24, 2008 2:25 pm

I feel like there is probably something obvious I'm missing, but is there any way to specify the number of reodorants one has? (Seeing as this is a +combat source that only works for a set number of turns.)

defklown
Just Plain Old Pie

Post by defklown » Thu Nov 27, 2008 1:25 pm

Bazzle wrote:You can now enter whether or not the song is on, and whether the queue is favorable for getting it again or not.

How do you know if the queue is favorable?

deusnoctum
Statistically likely to return

Post by deusnoctum » Thu Nov 27, 2008 2:37 pm

defklown wrote:
Bazzle wrote:You can now enter whether or not the song is on, and whether the queue is favorable for getting it again or not.

It won't appear if it's been fewer than 20 adventures since you last received it. After 20 adventures, each non-combat has a 50% chance to be the quartet (and a 50% chance of being Curtains).

defklown
Just Plain Old Pie

Post by defklown » Thu Nov 27, 2008 2:57 pm

deusnoctum wrote:
defklown wrote:

It won't appear if it's been fewer than 20 adventures since you last received it. After 20 adventures, each non-combat has a 50% chance to be the quartet (and a 50% chance of being Curtains).

Wow, that's incredibly useful. Is there a thread with spaded queue information like that?

Hellion
Pie of the Sky

Post by Hellion » Thu Dec 04, 2008 12:41 pm

deusnoctum wrote:
defklown wrote:

If you've seen 5 or more Curtains since your last Strung-Up Quartet, your odds of the Strung-Up Quartet being chosen as the non-combat are significantly better than 50/50.

Bazzle
AFH

Post by Bazzle » Sat Dec 06, 2008 3:06 pm

If you've seen 5 or more Curtains since your last Strung-Up Quartet, your odds of the Strung-Up Quartet being chosen as the non-combat are significantly better than 50/50.

Yes, this is what that line in the sheet actually does. I assume that it's been 20 adventures since you last went to the ballroom. If you've been powerleveling there and have seen a lot of curtains, you will have a very favorable noncombat queue and are a heavy favorite to get the Quartet on your first noncombat. If not, your expected number of noncombats needed is 2.