Where do you come from?

Post your introductions here. Now required in order to unlock the private areas of the forum. Well, as long as you're actually in the clan.

Moderator: lotsofphil

QuantumNightmare
AFH

Where do you come from?

Post by QuantumNightmare » Mon May 21, 2007 6:38 pm

I'm curious what sorts of clans everyone was in before joining alliance from hell/heck. The community in this game is one of it's strong points, and it's interesting how our past experiences shaped who we are in this game today. I personally was in 2 clans previous to this one: King Tweety's castle, and the Oce.

My first clan was King Tweety's castle. I joined because of the flashy image in the clan ad - yeah I had high standards back then. Very newb friendly, they had an overflowing stash and it was expected that each player would take each day a chow main and a DB drink. As a newbie, this was heaven. But still, I never joined in the community or chatted with people, as no one was ever in /clan. Then one day I joined a lucky 888 contest, as by far the youngest and least experienced player there. Came in last place I think, but when I joined the contest clan I realized I wasn't whitelisted by the Tweety's... So the scramble for a new clan began. That's when I found the Oce.

I answered a clan ad written by Koslos, this time looking for a clan I could actively take part in. My first day there, I was amazed by the quality of chat. We had a chat mod, an experienced ascender, as well as two other diamond-y members that wanted to go fast just like me (koslos and stefano) and were rapidly improving. A whole bunch of other members of AFH were there as well, but I didn't speak to them regularly besides hellraiser. The Oce gave me a nice push to compare speed tips, give and get some nice advice in my quest for a 2-day softcore run before spookyraven. It was a great feeling being part of something, pushing the guys around me to get faster all the time. The clan was also very much into clan warfare, something I never quite cared about.

Then slowly, my goals there became accomplished. The level of speed we were all aiming for had become routine. The clan tried making a few pushes on to the highest ascending leaderboards, but that mostly involved booting the slower members and not encouraging everyone to pick up the pace. This alienated the members who were booted for a fleeting screenshot and then begged to come back and rejoin chat, and frustrated the experienced players who saw that the organization just wasn't there to set a goal and reach it. That's when dvma, who was a member of the oce, mentioned he was about to jump ship and wanted me to follow into a diamond-y clan. The name AFH was secured by zurich, and here we are.

So that's my little tour of KoL. From the relatively wealthy newb clan, to the highly warfare-centered "speed" clan with a nice history, and finally to the great unknown with AFH. We've built up a little community here from all around the game.... so I'd like to know how you made your journey here. Most of you have much longer histories than mine, as I have just been a member for just over a year. But it would be interesting to hear how the game has changed around some of the older members, while they flirted from one clan to the next.

So what's your story?

Zurich
AFH

Post by Zurich » Mon May 21, 2007 6:55 pm

I've been playing since summer of 04, on various accounts I made/inherited from friends who quit the game. Notable clans I've been a part of in some regard are The Goddess's Knights, The Ugly Ducklings post SexyGoddess meltdown. Then there was Alliance From Hell^3 and Alliance From Hell proper and then The Living Room. Then there was 1337 sn4x0rs.

Also, I was in Iocaine Powder at its start, back when Eponymous and Legend Dan were there. That's before TGK and TUD.

And now I'm here, in AFH proper again because I held the name and happened to chance upon dvmaprezson when he wanted to create his own clan and I was getting bored of the game. Needless to say, I'm still here, and I enjoy running my main and two arming multis, in addition to AFH's turns.

Raccoon
Oh my! Guy with Pie!

Post by Raccoon » Mon May 21, 2007 7:03 pm

I just had my own clan, which had a friend of mine (someone I've never met but got to know through blogging and e-mails). Dvma found me, I guess through koldb.com, invited me to join, and I decided to give it a try. I didn't get into clan chat until the Plethora contest, when I learned how to shut off /newbie, and since then, I've been hooked on /clan.
[img]http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u218/mad_hamish/raccoonsig.jpg[/img]

dvmaprezson
Fie the Pie

Post by dvmaprezson » Mon May 21, 2007 8:13 pm

Ah, this'll be a long one.

When I first started, I was in some noob clan, don't even remember the name. After that, I started talking to a guy named Melcator a lot in trade, and he invited me to his clan, Berdusk Alliance. It was a small, trade oriented group that thirved for a short time. The leader was away from the game for 3 months, which was when I led that clan, and actively recruited about 40 members.

I grew kind of tired of it, and was offered a spot in the Library Police, which was a /games clan of friends. I enjoyed my stay there, until A Naked Jew stirred some some drama (No suprise) and then I bailed out because I thought it was just stupid. That's when Clunedog secured me a whitelist/invite into HoD, and I spent what ws probably the seedings of my early speed career there. Called out tivolimom for being a bitch, and was booted about 3-4 months later.

That's when I took a short layoff from the game, and ran my own small clan. I wasn't playing much, but was posting in RR a lot, so Jigga talked me into joining the Oce. After about 3 months, I decided I was ready to seriously play again, and got back into it. Then, as Quantum explained, problems arose there, and I had the taste for speed running and leaderboards in me again. Seemed like everytime we got on the boards, someone would be reallowed back in and sent the numbers crashing back down. I tried to talk to jigga, but he wasn't being very respondent. I finally got fed up, and after a few weeks of contemplating it, posted my last message to the oce, and said my goodbyes. I grabbed a few members, in the meanwhile, to come with me, because I knew they were probably getting irritated at the absence of a true diamond presence.

My actual original plan was to start a clan from scratch, and I was trying to recruit some people in Z's old clan when he messaged me. I think the clan was the Chestnut Tree Cafe or something. Anyways, we struck a deal to become co-leaders, and I spent the next month or so kmailing invites. The rest, as they say, is history.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v300/dvmaprezson/AFHV2.gif[/img]

Brulak
AFH

Post by Brulak » Tue May 22, 2007 2:08 am

I initially came into KOL as part of a group of players/programmers of German language MUD "Morgengrauen" who explored KOL as a "play something else for a few minutes each day" pastime. Needless to say, we all knew each other from the MUD and real life. So we started our own clan, The Morning Greyslers.

I never really felt at home in that clan, mostly due to the fact that the clan was a mostly "we are the leet" attitude without any powerplay behind it. (Actually, one of the clan members, Croft, is a decent HC ascender) Also, a handful of the clan members at higher rank are total jerks - some of them people I personally knew to be jerks since 1998...

So, one lucky 888 clanniversary drew me away into their holiday clan, which was dissolved and left me clanless. I was then picked up by the Dragon Tamers of KoL, a /games clan. Around that time, I twice turned down attempts by Clunedog to draw me into HoD - I didn't see me as a competitive speed player and neither do so now.

As DTKoL grew too silent (many members inactive, or clan hopping), I tried out this here whitelist after invites from Dvma and Doggie Bear. That's about it...

Sinshlad
Inscrutable Pi

Post by Sinshlad » Tue May 22, 2007 2:31 am

Before ascension there was really no reason to be in a clan except for the sake of being in a clan, so I never really bothered finding one to join. I spent most of my time either in a friends clan for the sake of chat or in my own clan which was mostly there so I could do whatever I wanted with it.

Between the rollout of ascension and joining AFH I spent most of my time without a clan at all. Doing what I was doing at the time was fairly trivial, it didn't really take much effort to string together reasonably quick runs so I never really had much of a need for an ascension based clan.

I didn't really like the idea of AFH at first, Dvma creating a good ascension based clan in an already competitive market sounded pretty unlikely. I also wasn't very fond of the name, I had known a few people from earlier forms of AFH. But after Dvma gave me a quick explanation about how he had acquired the name and what the clan was for I had to join to try it out. I have never even considered leaving this clan since.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v300/dvmaprezson/AFHV1.gif[/img]

Malaidar
Pie in the Sky

Post by Malaidar » Tue May 22, 2007 3:35 am

I started out in KOL after I saw a member of my RL gaming group play a few turns after a night of D&D. I created my first character and joined his clan, The Munchkin Warriors. After playing a few runs with my original character, I decided to try doing an HCO run but still wanted to play more so I created Malaidar.

I spent most of my time in /games and met several of the members of Dragon Tamers of KOL. Got invited to join the clan and had a lot of fun. Someone convinced me (could've been myself, I can't really remember) to try an non-oxygenarian run so I gave it a whirl and fell in love with HC. A few of the members were quite helpful in getting my turn/daycounts down.

Meanwhile, DTKOL seemed to quiet down a lot as members clan-hopped or just stopped playing. I did a little shopping around and found AFH through dvma and Brulak, so applied to the "sister-clan" AFHk and have enjoyed it greatly. Clan chat is a lot busier and the people who are on when I play have been a great help in speeding up runs even more.

VladimirPootin
AFH

Post by VladimirPootin » Tue May 22, 2007 4:07 am

i heard about KoL amidst a plethora of ironic racism jokes and minor threat/bad brains worship on a message board i posted on. we had a clan, everyone thought KoL was so funny and awesome. then they all slowly quit. i joined this clan. the end.
[b]AFH: Now with more [i]new and improved[/i] moral ambiguity![/b]

Archayts
AFH

Post by Archayts » Tue May 22, 2007 6:41 am

Not much to say for me, haven't been here very long. Started playing KoL late last year when I was introduced to it by some of my friends, they play only sporadically or don't anymore.
Joined a newb/inactive clan called the dogy ship after seeing an advertisement on the graffiti wall. Started HC ascensions and didn't interact with them much, /clan was always empty and so I hung around in /trade, /hardcore and even a bit in /games.
Had to spend time away from technology/life/world after the Christmas holidays during Bio Boot Camp. When I got back found that the clan had been hacked and everyone had been booted.
Hung around in /hardcore some more while browsing the forums for a decent but not too huge clan, which is where Vlad found me. Didn't know about the previous incarnations of AFH at that time, or about the stigma attached to it but just as well, this clan has been great fun to be in and also a great help to speed ascension.
[url=http://afh.s4.bizhat.com/index.php][img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v300/dvmaprezson/AFHV2.gif[/img][/url]

Mad Hamish
AFH

Post by Mad Hamish » Tue May 22, 2007 11:45 am

I started playing back in April of 2004, when I lived in Florida, and hated people, so all my friends were on the internet.

Some of my internet friends were on the forums for a puzzle game called "Deadly Rooms of Death" or DROD. I liked DROD a lot, so I decided to take the advice of some of the regulars on the forum about this new game they'd found. One of the forum regulars had started a new clan, The Smitemaster's Guild, and we could all join up and dominate the game.

Well, alas, ascension wasn't rolled out, and even though we were rather active for awhile, most of players drifted off. Meanwhile, I had been given leadership of the clan and basically used to to encourage our pastamancers and saucerors to produce hell ramen that everyone could eat. Then I was out of town for a week and black sunday hit. Before that I was rich. After, I was poor poor poor. Also, in real life, I decided fuck Florida and moved back to Michigan. I didn't have internet where I moved to at first, so I passed on my clan leadership, and tried to log-in every so often. I swear I must have only gone 62 days in between playing.

Regardless, in September 2005, I came back to this game, and remade the original character, drizzo. I discovered ascension. I loved it, and was hooked. I rejoined the Smitemasters guild, but it was quiet. I donated for a Mr. Accessory, so I wouldn't get deleted again. I was also kinda put out because of all the damn bugmeat floating around. Since I had broadband at the time I started using KolMafia. Soon I had an army of farming multis to even the balance between me and bugmeat. I decide to send my first multi, Mad Hamish into a hardcore oxygenarian ascension. I decided that a tome of snowcone summoning would help with that, so I turned in said donated Mr. A and gave Hamish a tome. Meanwhile, I've got an army of multis who have formed their own clan, the Untrustworthy Bastards, who's main purpose is giving away the illicitly farmed millions in games. I do so. Meanwhile, I buy drizzo a TPS, and a full time suit, and other stuff... Mad Hamish, I buy a hobo, and use it. The next day comes the multi czar.

All the characters except drizzo are disabled.
I'm heartbroken.
I write a whiny not about my abuse not being so bad. It's ignored.
Finally, after about 25 days of my characters being disabled, I ask if I can switch disabled characters, and get Mad Hamish back. Hooray, now I have a hobo and a tome again. As well as the two crimbo trophies. And that pith helmet I worked so hard to get. Drizzo is never seen again outside the KoL forums.

After that, I was scared of multis, so I didn't have any until Ninja is a Verb was created. Instead of trying to illegally farm meat, I'd just become a hardcore player, and then I wouldn't need to be rich. Sure, all I had was this hobo, clearly vastly inferior to the volleychaun, according to /hardcore. But it was better than nothing. So I returned to the Smitemaster's and kept ascending. Then I joined the scavenger hunt clan, hoping to pull out a win, but terrified of the other names in tier 3... I fail miserably, but as a result of being in the contest clan, I found out the joy of having 25 PvP fights a day, and decided I needed a clan with PvP gear. I bounce from PvP Fights Only to various contest clans, and generally play nomadic. By this point, I knew I outpaced the rest of my old clan in dedication to the game, only Theophrastus actually worked on his ascending... I was looking around, considered joining HCN, just because they'd accept anyone, but didn't, because they'd accept anyone.

Then dvma approached me. I asked if he had PvP gear. He said no, then bought some. "Wow! Responsive to my needs, and respectable!" So I joined. All of a sudden /clan was active again. And then after rollover, at the beginning of day 3 in the clan, I was shooting for a leaderboard spot, and was getting encouragement and strategy advice on /clan, and I felt like a damn superstar. Now, I call this place home, and wouldn't even consider leaving.
Hi-keebated again? No way!

Flolle
Fie the Pie

Post by Flolle » Tue May 22, 2007 1:27 pm

Not much of a history about me. Some friends of mine told me about this game and after visiting the website, I decided that I liked the humor very much. So I registered.

For about half a year I didn't have much of a goal but after crimbo 2005 and the new lagfree gameplay that went with it, I got my first Mr. A through farming which went right into a tome of snowcone summoning. I farmed some more after that to get another Mr. A. That one then went into an iceberglet. Now that I had something really cool in this game, I wanted to take it I little bit more seriously and got into ascension. Started off with hardcore ascensions in every class to get the stainless steel gear and went on to collect skills in softcore while still making a profit after every ascension so I could buy a Mr. A in the mall if there was a cool IOTM (My first donation was much much later).

This strategy pretty much went on untill I could get on (or at least near) leaderboards, at which point I changed my ascension planning to doing leaderboard runs with farming inbetween.

Throughout all of this I never was in a clan. I'm not much of a chatter and probably never will be, so I didn't see the point. Only at the beginning of 2007 I joined KOL Addicts to basically profit from it's clan furniture. I also wanted to help newbies, so they could have an easier time than I did when I started to play. But I soon realised that most of the people there weren't looking for the advice I'd be able to give, namely how to effectively ascend. That is not a bad thing in itself, but I started to feel bored, because there was basically no one else with my view on the game, be it already with enough skills to ascend fast or wanting to get there at some point. Around that time Dvma and later Charbroiled tried to recruit me and I decided I should give it a go. I have never regretted that decision. Half a year ago I wouldn't have imagined it, but I now actually consider a clan my home in this game.
Last edited by Flolle on Tue May 29, 2007 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Loq
Just Plain Old Pie

Post by Loq » Tue May 22, 2007 11:19 pm

ahh, I think I was in a clan before AFHk but I don't remember the name. I am pretty sure they just sent me my first kmail, asked if I wanted in a clan, I said ok, and I was in. I didn't even do the litteracy test after like 3 or 4 months into playing the game, I just saw HC and ascend. Than I started showing up in chat pane but nobody was on in /clan and I didn't know I could turn on other channels so that got boring and I went back to not turning on chat pane again for a while and kept going. Then I started reading forums and found some commands for chat and started turning that on again. Then I got approached by Vlad for having a decent ascension record and well here I am. I seriously doubt I'll be leaving ever unless I get my ass kicked out but it's been a great place to get tips and a place I can be proud and live vicariously through their leaderboard runs :P
[img]http://afh.s4.bizhat.com/images/avatars/afh/1775818134462bac87a4a1c.gif[/img]

Loq

TrueEeviL
Oh my! Guy with Pie!

Post by TrueEeviL » Tue May 22, 2007 11:40 pm

I started in february after reading a Game informer article in November...yeah Ive always been slow to do things.

I started and didnt really play the 1st month or so. Then I entered chat and every thing changed. I got a rival and lifetime friend in CheezyZombie (Not much of a rival anymore) I Made a clan, fused with another. Then When I was about level 20 I went to weinky's clan of coolness, where I helped build it up.

When Ascension rolled out I went hardcore (WTF was I doing. Stupid hardcore.) and joined the KOLish Killers led by Okbye. I stayed there for a while and whitelisted around. I got my plexi early, then I had my gourdcore eaten by lag and said "Screw you hardcore". So im normal ascension ever since.

Later on, I asked for a HoD whiltelist. The day after that an old contact, Dvapretzon, asked me to join his clan. I was like "Go away n00b". Then 2 days later after being ignored by HoD, I became the 8th member of Alliance From Hell. Now Im in a great clan and I still tell him to "Go away n00b". :D

(I also got a HoD whitelist, just 4 months too late.)

Parrithead
AFH

Post by Parrithead » Wed May 23, 2007 8:19 am

I was the clan leader of Buffet Sauces, which consisted of me, my multi and a couple buddies who followed me from another game, Yohoho Puzzle Pirates. I hate to admit it, but I only started the clan for the meat tree & calendar :oops:

Initially, I had a multi of each class, but with so many adventures, I didn't have time to play them properly to learn anything from them. I took advantage of ascension to ascend all of my multies HCO. The first 2 to finish 6 runs survived; the others are deceased. Only one buddy survived, and he's not on much, so we never learned much from each other. I generated a mediocre ascension record based on stuff I learned from hanging out in /hardcore.

I was invited to join this clan, I suppose based on my ascension record. Already, I've learned a lot which will improve my turncount. Lord, I'm tired of mediocrity, so hopefully I'll become more of an asset and maybe earn the right to wear my diamond pendants Mr. Klaw gave me.

Charbroiled

Post by Charbroiled » Tue May 29, 2007 11:32 am

I started in Crazen Markey's Madmen with some real life friends. We slowly expanded our clan and saw the only way to make a leaderboard impact was clan warfare.

When the bugmeat explosion of 04 hit, we made our move and took over the top spot for many months. There's a clan history somewhere.

When our clan warfare days ended, the clan slowly declined without direction. I was made leader and had a huge blow-up with some other people, causing me to leave and form my own clan for a while. I went back to Crazen Markey after certain folks left, but it didn't have the same kick as it did when all of my friends were playing.

I joined the Oce for a while and had a good time there. It was there that I began concentrating on my ascensions and improving my gameplay.

Dvma asked me to be co-leader of AFH and I said sure, even though I was concerned about the stigma of the name as well. Sure am glad that we proved them all wrong.

Being a terrible clan leader (I don't have the time ever these days it seems), I demoted myself and here we are in the present day.

Once August rolls around I hope to be more active in clan chat and forums. I'm sure NS13 will get me in here more depending on what's going on with my work.

Pascal
Inscrutable Pi

Post by Pascal » Fri Jun 01, 2007 5:33 pm

Like a lot of other people here, my first clan was just some arbitrary, random group that I stumbled upon that just happened to have a gym (omg! A gym! That's like free stats without fighting!) and an open door policy. /clan was always empty, and that was just fine by me.

Around the time the new clan revamp took place and the Rumpus Room got its upgrade, I decided to defect and start my own clan ("Drunk in Texas", I'm thematic, I know) to take advantage of the Klaw machine and various +adv effects for when I wanted to farm for a day or two before ascending. Mostly, it was just a few irl friends of mine on there who were on my couch more often than online so /clan wasn't really necessary. Eventually, they all stopped playing and I was left in a solo clan, giving myself interesting titles and posting tyrannical bulletins when the mood struck. I ruled with an iron fist.

Eventually Vlad found me (naturally), and said that I'd still have access to all the same clan goodies as I already did, along with the ability to actually have a clan to interact with. And, well, loathe as I generally am to agree with logic, he made a good case.

Now, I'm in /clan nearly every other night around rollover, my daycount has dropped by fifty percent, and with Two-Tone the Spirit Hobo at my side, I finally got the drinking buddy my old clans could never provide.

Suendenbock
My Pie Blown Sky High

Post by Suendenbock » Thu Jun 28, 2007 8:19 pm

I started the Game playing in a clan called, thekeepersofloathing, there i spend my noobishness. After that i left the clan and did a few speed runs under my own supervision, clanless. That didnt stay that way too long and i joined, hmm , and there i played most my ascensions and learned most of what i know today. Shortly after getting better at this game i got frustrated since i couldnt break 2 days because i got stopped by the enraged cow 3 times i attempted that stopped me and so i took a break.
After my break which ended with NS13 i had to notice my clan was still there but two of my good friends had left and another didnt play regularly anymore so i talked to my friend and he suggested to join AlliancefromHell's under clan AllianceFromHeck so i did that and the same day i got accepted since then i been here.

MCS117
Pie of the Sky

Post by MCS117 » Sun Sep 16, 2007 7:59 pm

For my first year, I pretty much moved around from clan to clan a lot. One time, when I was looking at the graffiti wall (about a year after I started), I saw an ad for a clan called Stark Raving Mad, so I joined. When I did, I realized that I joined something that was huge. It's members were amazing, it had every outfit in the game (we finally got the radio outfit later on) for clan use, and much more. A few big name players that were there that you guys may have heard of include Swoglodyte (PH Stuff) and hockeyholic, both good friends of mine. But yeah, SRM got extremely inactive after a while, so a bunch of us left. I went to HCN for a while, and then joined AFHk.
[img]http://clanotori.org/forum/gallery/15_02_10_07_3_26_01.png[/img]

MasterCheifSpartan117 (#428857) in-game.
Yes, my avvy is of M. Tourette. Because I have his god-awful syndrome.

beerbum
Just Plain Old Pie

Post by beerbum » Sun Sep 16, 2007 10:06 pm

I'm a fairly new player in this game, created my account back in early February of 2007. Joined a small clan that I quickly left, and joined The Governors of Moxieousness probably the first day it was made (27th of February, 2007). Stuck around in there for a month or two before taking off to search around in other clans and such and wound up in Hardcore Nation. I kind of got bored there after about a week so I went back to The Governors of Moxieousness where I just recently became the second leader in its short history.
[url=http://clangovernors.forum2u.org/index.php]Mine[/url]

Blah35
Pie in the Sky

Post by Blah35 » Mon Sep 17, 2007 12:23 am

When I first came to this game I joined a clan called the Meat Cows as I quickly got bored of this I started my own clan Dogy Ship which Arch was also in that got hacked and everyone booted so I gave up hung around in it with on 5 other members the came to AFHk

DarthDud
Inscrutable Pi

Post by DarthDud » Mon Sep 17, 2007 9:58 pm

When I joined the game I was in a clan with RL friends.

Then this dude, not dvma, hit me up on kmail and invited me to come chat in his clan. So I did, and never wound up leaving... thereby joining not AFH.

But I do stop by sometimes to harass you guys. <3

TrueEeviL
Oh my! Guy with Pie!

Post by TrueEeviL » Mon Sep 17, 2007 10:13 pm

DarthDud wrote:When I joined the game I was in a clan with RL friends.

Then this dude, not dvma, hit me up on kmail and invited me to come chat in his clan. So I did, and never wound up leaving... thereby joining not AFH.

But I do stop by sometimes to harass you guys. <3

Well, even George Herman Ruth, Jr. was traded, so ya know, anythings possible. I'll even bake you a cake, not even Mr. Ruth got a cake. <333

DarthDud
Inscrutable Pi

Post by DarthDud » Tue Sep 18, 2007 12:39 am

Throw in a pie and I'll consider it. And a cheesecake too, plz.

bizkut
Inscrutable Pi

Post by bizkut » Tue Sep 18, 2007 1:00 am

I'll throw in a hawt pixel pie. No cheesecake though, sorry. I've got some cheese though.

dvmaprezson
Fie the Pie

Post by dvmaprezson » Tue Sep 18, 2007 1:13 am

If darth were to leave and join AFH fully committed, I'd bake him several cakes and mail them.

And I'm dead serious.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v300/dvmaprezson/AFHV2.gif[/img]

feng shweez
Inscrutable Pi

Post by feng shweez » Tue Sep 18, 2007 3:02 am

I was in one of those huge clans for a while. A long time actually. (6 to 9 months.) It was named Ragnok? Or Ragonrok? Or something like that.

Then 2 of my real life friends and I formed "Defenestration Inc." and recruited a few people to it. I was there for nearly a year. You can still see Defenestration Inc, gracing the Hardcore Ascendingist Clan board, actually.

Then I was given a sweet succulent ham, and told if I left Defenestration Inc. I could fornicate with more sweet succulent hams than I could ever imagine.

The offer was too too tempting. So I took it.

But I stop by and harass AFH too, now and again.

Basically what I'm saying is that I'm sort of like Darth, so you should also offer me pie. Yes yes, pieeeeez.
[url=http://img341.imageshack.us/img341/9392/nootrosforumslk9.gif][img]http://img341.imageshack.us/img341/9392/nootrosforumslk9.gif[/img][/url]

KujjieKujjieKoo
Spade Ninja

Post by KujjieKujjieKoo » Tue Sep 18, 2007 8:01 am

Did you know? The AFH clan stash is always stocked with pie!

TrueEeviL
Oh my! Guy with Pie!

Post by TrueEeviL » Tue Sep 18, 2007 9:59 am

dvmaprezson wrote:If darth were to leave and join AFH fully committed, I'd bake him several cakes and mail them.

And I'm dead serious.

Yeah, same here. I got pies and cheesecakes covered. Also, a pastry or two for good measure.

No bullshit Darthy.

Snakesauce
AFH

Post by Snakesauce » Tue Sep 18, 2007 10:25 am

I would mail Darth a toasted cheese sandwich and a six pack of Miller Lite. Oh wait, make that a four pack (I already drank two).

Feng, how about some huckleberry pie? I hear the huckleberry crop in Montana was excellent this year due to dry and sunny growing conditions.
I woke up this morning with a case of stinky finger
Last night I must have been the designated drinker

Tarragon
AFH

Post by Tarragon » Sun Feb 17, 2008 11:11 pm

My BF at the time asked me to play because he needed a sauceror to make ramen for him, but my dad said I couldnt play until he checked it out. He played said it was OK so I joined and went looking for a clan

Found a n00b friendly clan the Cool Guy Crew and stayed there until a bunch of us got tired of the management stealing from the stash for their own gain, we left and formed our own clan the Prisoners of 1337, I stayed there until after NS13, left there because its tough to get perverted when your dad is in the chat.

Been looking for a new clan that has an active chat and is focused on improving their characters in all aspects of the game from wealth to ascensions and trophies.

It seems this the place to be :)

VladimirPootin
AFH

Post by VladimirPootin » Tue Feb 19, 2008 1:11 am

ever since my dad killed and ate my brother, he's stayed out of my video games. thank god.
[b]AFH: Now with more [i]new and improved[/i] moral ambiguity![/b]

lostcalpolydude
Forum Maestro

Post by lostcalpolydude » Fri May 02, 2008 8:27 pm

I started with KoL almost two years ago due to a few friends telling me about it simultaneously over IM. Not too long into it, I discovered Knights of the Old Code, probably through an advertisement somewhere, and I realized there was free stuff to be had by being in the clan. I put some random stuff in the clan stash and pulled some useful stuff out, and soon after ignored the clan outside of the free stuff it gave me. Eventually I got a bunch of meat from SSPD stuff changing from tradable to untradable (a bunch for me anyway), so I decided to get the tiny plastic trophy. I think I bought them from the mall, but I ended up using /trade to sell them off again (yes, my first experience in chat was in /trade). After that I decided to stick around in /trade and make some meat. One of the people in my clan randomly contacted me for some reason, so I decided to check out /clan for the first time. It was around this time that Knights of the Old Code tried becoming more active, having some little games in /clan. Things died down there, and I discovered /hardcore, so I didn't mind the lack of activity in /clan too much.

Based on one of the posts on the main KoL forum about spading results, I discovered AFH (and HCO) and decided to read the public stuff on their forums. The information was interesting to read through. I got a little bit involved with the puppy item drop spading, but I ended up creating an account here pretty much so I could be whitelisted in the clan giving free adventures. Today I got invited over to Alliance from Heck by Pascal. For those that care, looking at bmaher gives a better showing of what I can do for speed when I'm putting in a reasonable effort (so far I haven't cared enough to optimize every single turn as much as possible, but making an in-game leaderboard with a low number of skills was kind of exciting). So here I am, and it should be worthwhile since I already liked what I saw of the forum before creating my account here even.

QuantumNightmare
AFH

Post by QuantumNightmare » Fri May 02, 2008 8:52 pm

lostcalpolydude wrote:...I got a little bit involved with the puppy item drop spading...
Ah, that's who you are. Your work was very appreciated, the whole project went much better that I had imagined. Welcome to the clan, and the forums!

(btw, you might want to talk to pascal about getting your speedier character into AFHk instead of lost)

lostcalpolydude
Forum Maestro

Post by lostcalpolydude » Fri May 02, 2008 9:14 pm

QuantumNightmare wrote:btw, you might want to talk to pascal about getting your speedier character into AFHk instead of lost

They're both whitelisted (supposedly), I just haven't logged in to the other account since then.

deusnoctum
Statistically likely to return

Post by deusnoctum » Wed May 07, 2008 4:58 pm

I've been playing for about eighteen months, after seeing it listed multiple times in "Pop culture references" sections in Wikipedia, then promptly got pissed off at a bunch of friends who had apparently known about the game since well before ascension and even Black Sunday, but had never once mentioned it to me. I spent most of my n00b days not in any clan, since I only played about once a week and didn't quite understand what it was for. First clan I joined was KoL Addicts, since they had a nice set of Rumpus Room equipment and were at that time at the top of the clan advertisement list. Once I started to figure out that a clan was worth more than its exercise room, I joined a clan which one of my aforementioned friends was in. Unfortunately, I quickly realized the clan was pretty moribund--only one person ever in /clan, no forums, and very little actually going on apart from some inside jokes between people who know each other in real life. But I still had one or two friends there, and hey, the rumpus room was pretty good.

I've always had spade tendencies, but hadn't gotten into actual spading work until recently. I'm discovering the fun of it, though, and with a recent whitelist into Alliance from Heck, I think there's a pretty good chance that I've found a clan I'll want to stick with. It's heartening to see a clan that's an actual clan, as apposed to a loose collection of people who know each other in real life and occasionally log in.

Of course, it looks like I'll need to start loving PvP for the rumpus room to measure up :-P

Pascal
Inscrutable Pi

Post by Pascal » Wed May 07, 2008 5:13 pm

deusnoctum wrote:Of course, it looks like I'll need to start loving PvP for the rumpus room to measure up :-P

What's that? You'd like a whitelist into our bonus adventures clan to switch over to before rollover for maximum added adventures rather than get the PvP perks? Consider it done.

Also, welcome aboard, deus. Make yourself at home, enjoy yourself, and try not to mind the drunks. They mean well, but can be a tad loud-mouthed from time to time. (Kujie!)

Flolle
Fie the Pie

Post by Flolle » Wed May 07, 2008 5:14 pm

deusnoctum wrote:Of course, it looks like I'll need to start loving PvP for the rumpus room to measure up :-P

If you want bonus adventures instead, hit Pascal about a whitelist for the clan with that kind of gear.

Oh, and welcome in hell. :)

Edit: Heh, ninja'd. Also, Kujjie's new year drunken rambling is legendary. :D
Last edited by Flolle on Wed May 07, 2008 7:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

deusnoctum
Statistically likely to return

Post by deusnoctum » Wed May 07, 2008 6:53 pm

Marvelous. Thanks :D

QuantumNightmare
AFH

Post by QuantumNightmare » Wed May 07, 2008 8:07 pm

Flolle wrote:Also, Kujjie's new year drunken rambling is legendary. :D
Was this his night-time storytelling? I think I missed that.

bizkut
Inscrutable Pi

Post by bizkut » Wed May 07, 2008 8:08 pm

Can't forget about them Snocones.

KujjieKujjieKoo
Spade Ninja

Post by KujjieKujjieKoo » Wed May 07, 2008 8:14 pm

I feel so loved!

Flolle
Fie the Pie

Post by Flolle » Wed May 07, 2008 8:27 pm

QuantumNightmare wrote:Was this his night-time storytelling? I think I missed that.

No, it was the snocone machine.

The night-time storytelling was me demanding from Kujjie to do something to make me sleepy, but the only thing he accomplished was making me laugh for ten minutes straight. A record that only got broken on the day Dvma's mom posted in the forum. *remembers both occasions foundly just know* :D

Wyscor
Just Plain Old Pie

Post by Wyscor » Fri Sep 05, 2008 2:27 am

I started playing in Dec 2006 after a friend introduced me to KoL and my first clan was P/R/F/T which I joined after coming across them in The Clan District. I chose them specifically for the clan furniture which I remember was a snack machine, meat, extra advs and a Mox gym. Since then, we've had a revamp of the Clan Rumpus Room and it's now maxxed for adventures with a soda machine and meat tree.

After a few months of playing, I went MIA for more than a year because of real-life duties and eventually forgot about KoL. I think I stopped playing around lvl 21? of my first unascended character (AT). My goal at the time was wealth accumulation and I was often in /trade. At the same time, I thought, why not just go all the way to level 30 and grab the trophy. . . which I now realised is the longest route to lvl30, having inadequate skills.

I continued playing just a few months ago, July I think, to find that most of the clan members who I knew were inactive and a change of leadership. I went on with my goal to get the lvl 30 trophy and somewhere around lvl 29, I was approached by the leader of the kingdom of kol to join their clan to help with their Hobopolis runs. I was interested but declined because I didn't want to leave P/R/F/T. Two other P/R/F/T members and I have been working out arse towards getting the meat for our dungeon and the three of us have been working great as a team towards this goal :)

In the end, I was whitelisted and so began my visits between these two clans. I managed to complete 3 runs before ascending into Hardcore and did well enough to get a share of the loot for all 3 runs. Loot distribution was depending on how we fared in our Hobopolis run. However, during the 3rd run I was in P/R/F/T when they distributed the loot and reflooded the sewers so I missed one booty. Ah well.

Now I'm whitelisted with AfH for the Bad Moon Bonanza which I joined because the timing was just right with my planned consecutive BM runs till Crimbo. :wink:

Edit: Goal - Make to BM leaderboard before Crimbo :wink:

defklown
Just Plain Old Pie

Post by defklown » Sun Oct 12, 2008 8:31 pm

I started playing in mid March of 2008, and joined up with Seven Lances. I got lots of cool rares playing trivia and like 80k meat which I spent on high quality consumables during my first ascension. It's very newbie friendly, but I've kind of moved on to bigger and better things.

A few months ago I was asking around in /hc about who I can get HC speed tips from, and a bunch of people suggested some guy named Archayts. I pretty much worshipped his runs after that point. Never thought I'd end up in a clan with him.

So Very Invisible
AFH

Post by So Very Invisible » Sun Oct 12, 2008 9:24 pm

Well, my first experience with a clan, and one that I've learned to be proud of, was being rejected by Senam. :D
After that, I joined KOL Addicts, poked around for a bit, moved on to a smaller clan called Hobo. Eventually, that dissolved into its sister clan Falkirk Castle, and I stayed there until getting an invite into AfHk. And here I am.

alacrity
AFH

Post by alacrity » Sun Oct 12, 2008 10:41 pm

So Very Invisible wrote:Well, my first experience with a clan, and one that I've learned to be proud of, was being rejected by Senam. :D

Impressive. How did you manage this feat?

Atrophied
Spy vs. Pie

Post by Atrophied » Mon Oct 13, 2008 12:12 pm

I started out in a clan of friends from another online site (unfiction.com), then started hanging out in /radio, getting invited into Ninja-Golf (small clan, active chat, friendly bunch), Philanthropists (the remade one, before PANTs got disabled again), Vagabonds (with Istanbul, the wabbit), and The Institute (with DJs Ashallond, Opai, Rutabega and other folks from /radio.)

I've done a fair bit of clan-hopping recently and am looking for somewhere to get settled down, get an overcoat, whackin' stick and hamster and improve my ascending game.

Manendra
My Pie Blown Sky High

Post by Manendra » Mon Oct 13, 2008 3:10 pm

Let me see. I started playing in October '07, since as a college senior taking only 12 credit hours, I had way too much free time. My roommate at the time was dgag453, which is where I learned about the game, and why I ended up jumping immediately into Hardcore. I didn't join any clans for a while, but as I got better at the game, and wanted to continue doing so, I joined Hardcore Nation, which seemed fitting.

*begin tangent* I created a multi, King of Mind, on which to try things before doing them on my main. Since he wasn't a hardcore character, I looked for a clan with +adventure furniture. I ended up in Falkirk Castle. There I dove into clan chat and tended to be generous with advice and meat/items, since it was a multi and I had no real aspirations. HCN's clan chat was (and still is, last I looked) pretty much dead, so I spent most of my time when I wasn't actively ascending hanging out in FC chat. The admin/officer folks there approached me and asked me to become an officer as well. We eventually created the clan Hobo for the more experienced players in the clan, which is where I met So Very Invisible.

Bizkut also popped in and out of chat in FC/Hobo. He mentioned several times that he though I should check out AfHk (on my main, of course). I noticed after joining that he mentioned me in the recruitment thread. I got a kmail from Alrik around the time of the TCK Hardest of the Hardcore contest (that I didn't finish due to a lack of RL time) and I decided to check it out. Hardcore Nation did not seem to be very value-added, so I had no real problem with jumping ship. I was impressed with the active chat (which included both AfH and AfHk, which is just too cool) and with how well run the clan is. I decided to stick around, and here I am.

I am still an officer in Falkirk Castle on my multi, King of Mind. It's the hearty/happy go fun part of me.

So Very Invisible
AFH

Post by So Very Invisible » Tue Oct 14, 2008 9:19 pm

alacrity wrote:
So Very Invisible wrote:Well, my first experience with a clan, and one that I've learned to be proud of, was being rejected by Senam. :D

Impressive. How did you manage this feat?

Haven't the slightest.

flatline
Pie of the Sky

Post by flatline » Fri Nov 07, 2008 3:31 pm

I started in Senam's Provocable Nice Guys mostly because of the meat plants in the rumpus room (as a noob, 3k/day seemed like quite a lot).

One of the clan officers, pgrmdave, got me interested in speed ascending (I was getting bored with the pace of the game and it hadn't occured to me that there was a way to speed things up until he mentioned it). One of the resources he mentioned to me was the Alliance From Hell forums, so when Alrik kmailed me about recruitment, I was very interested.

And that's how I got here.

stupac2
Oh my! Guy with Pie!

Post by stupac2 » Sat Feb 14, 2009 10:35 pm

It's been really interesting reading this thread (that I somehow missed?) and seeing the stories of all these people I've known for months. Deus as a noob? Amazing!

Well, I found KoL because my friend (subliminabubble in-game, still using her navel ring and V mask) was making dinner, I was reading the recipe from her computer, and "Kingdom of Loathing" was too weird not to click. Then at work I was bored so made an account. After struggling for a while she gave me some advice (and booze, delicious booze) and introduced me to /games. That got me hooked.

From there I joined seven lances (or whatever) just because that's where she was (and they give bonus adventures? sweet!). But somehow (don't even remember) I mentioned in /games that I was bored with the game (farming the castle at this point) so this guy named uwanandonkey invited me to his small clan to do some hobopolis. After a few runs (that lasted days, small clan of noobs means long runs) it became clear that he wasn't a great leader, and there was an officer revolt that ended in the clan being disbanded.

So I formed the Noble Hobos and got the other officers to join. Recruited a few other people and built a great little clan. Did the hobopolis thing for a long time, with the help of a lot of people (Permaximum!) got coats/sticks/hodgman gear for all the main players. But I was burnt out on hobopolis, and I had yet to ascend. The portal was calling me. Literally, I would click on it and stare. So I ascended. And I loved it.

I screwed around with stuff for a while and got to the point where chaining 4-day runs was trivial. Then I met this guy named Malaidar in /games talking about ascension, and he mentioned AFHk. I looked into it and was incredibly impressed by these guys named Alrik and Kujjiekujjiekoo (and of course slaphappysnark, who was my perpetual bane on KoLDB low-skill lists). So I kmailed Alrik, he gave me a whitelist, and I had to make the incredibly difficult choice about leaving the clan I had built to go somewhere to learn to play the game I wanted to play. So I talked to everyone about it, they were supportive, and I put my multi in charge and joined AFHk.

It was a great decision. And damn, that was long. I shouldn't write while drinking.

kindia
Pie in the Sky

Post by kindia » Sun Feb 15, 2009 10:14 am

hmm, looks like I passed over this thread too. oops.

I had played MMORPGs for about...2 years or so when I stumbled on text based RPGs...there were a few there, basically take up 30 minutes of your time daily and you couldnt go wrong. this was one of them. I started with my roommate and we both created our own clan. now, normally this kind of thing works out, but he insisted to be clan lead and wanted to control all recruitment...little did I know he would drop to inactive and only invite people hw knew IRL...whats the goddaamn point of an ingame clan only with people you know from irl? I got bored and left clan.

at this point I had always considered myself a pure spade, mainly because I loved seeing numbers and how they interact (I have stared at an excel spreadsheet for hours just because it was so pretty how everything licked together...) and also discovering something new and finding bugs...actually, thats what I was known for in another MMO...I managed to find 3 seperate item dupe bugs and was able to reproduce the bugs for GMs to fix...and didnt share the bugs with anyone else. but now, out of a clan and didnt even have access to /hardcore, I went to the only place I thought I had access to.../newbie.

it seems I'm more of a heart than I give myself credit for: I began to really, really, really want to be in an active clan again. not one with people who all knew each other from a different venue, but rather, one that had complete strangers in one place. so, I decided to hang out in /newbie and scout for people who were talkative and seemed to have the same sense of humor as me.

the clan I ended up settling on was That Place Behind /newbie. it was fun times, but when I was first accepted, I was in oxycore...my very first HC ascension ever. now that I look back, this run is probably why I dont like Hc runs in general. anyway, hobopolis opened, and I was in another HC run...they didnt do the run too fast, I think the first run took them 10k turns to finish...in total, there were 4 hobo runs completed while I was there. then, TPB/n got raided. the group that did it called themselves the black lung pirates, but it was really the clan "Pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis." anyway, they had gotten someone leadership rank into TPB/n, and then, when no one was online, he invited about 50 people already at leader rank and free of karma limit...looted the entire clan stash and booted everyone except the 3 other leaders of the clan. needless to say I never rejoined.

so, here I am, clanless again, only now i know a touch more about the chat pane and move to /hardcore, and start looking for another clan in my usual fashion: lurk until someone says something interesting or appeals to me nature, then click their name and stalk them.

well, it turns out that the lucky winners of who I clicked on were QuantumNightmare, KujjieKujjieKoo, darkgreycat, and Kovacs. actually, it seemed that anyone I clicked was from AFH. needless to say, I kmailed lordhades15 about an application, who redirected me to alrik. and here I am.

Fred Nefler
AFH

Post by Fred Nefler » Sun Feb 15, 2009 5:38 pm

Eh, why not.

A friend I knew in real life introduced me the game one day at his place. He was helping another friend of mine he'd introduced to the game with killing Ninja Snowmen. It was peculiar, but not enough for me to really get into the game.

It was several months later I think, after that second friend had proddded by about joining some of the games he played (like City of Heroes, but I didn't want to spend money every month), that I actually created an account. That was Extirpator (my main). I joined the clan made by the first friend. That first friend had become inactive, but the second friend was there (as was his brother) and I wasn't a big social guy and was quite the newb, so it was fine with me. I was introduced to the wiki pretty much immediately (which was actually the reason the first friend stopped playing; he liked the sense of crazy exploration, and once he knew of the wiki that just faded away for him).

It wasn't too long before I decided that I wanted to explore more of the classes and game so I'd know what I was getting into when I finally got to ascend. So I created a Sauceror named Fred Nefler. And another character that was started off as a disco bandit and was the character I first explored hardcore ascending with.

After a few ascensions on each character, I was wanting to get the ascension shinies for Extirpator. I was able to get some 3 day runs, nearly sub-ronin, with just a couple of skills, which I thought was pretty good. I had grown aware at this point of the usefulnes of hardcore runs as lead-ins for softcore speed, and was thinking of going hardcore so I could get a core of skills needed for those runs. I finally ascended Extirpator into hardcore when the Penguin Goodfella was introduced: the first thing I ever donated for, and which finally removed the "hardcore basically requires a Mr. Store volleyball" barrier I had in my mind. I used that penguin a lot, and though I don't use him so much anymore he's still one of my more loved familiars. Extirpator has been ascending hardcore ever since.

At some point I became involved in editing the wiki. Apparently that was sometime before July of 2007, going by my edit history (I had actually used a different account originally, but then forgot the password to it and made my current wiki account). This pretty soon came to be my main vector for engaging the game and learning more about it. I've amassed OVER 9,000 wiki edits to this date. Well, not really, but I'm getting pretty close. A lot of my original editing concerned NS13 content, the far/hippy war in particular, and I've always been a fan of posting up familiar information. As I learned more about wiki syntax and templates and stuff, I eventually started expanding my wings, learning more about the game, getting more information about the game onto the wiki, and getting my spade feet wet.

I didn't really have a community presence outside of the wiki (and what presence I had there wasn't something I had any particularly good idea of, and for the most part still don't). I knew of the official forums, but never really visited them. I knew how certain clan forums were repositories of knowledge, but never really visited them either. I was a wiki purist or something, I guess.

The Crimbo P. R. E. S. S. I. E. was probably my first serious attempt at spading something out that was fresh and unknown. Much of my spading for a time concerned fleshing out new familiars.

The release of the revamped pirate's cove and the exploration of the ocean was probably about the time I started paying a bit more attention to the KoL forums, looking to get the latest developments and hear from these people called "TPTB", who had been little more to me then an acronym I could look up on the wiki at that point.

The sea content is where I really started getting into spading, and really started to become a more active member of the KoL forums. I spaded out the cuddlefish's abilities on land and in sea, in the process respading the potato's formula (which had been in question for well over a year on the wiki). This also involved the first bug I felt was fixed as a direct result of my work and postings--the cuddelfish was restoring 100% of the time, instead of 50%, making it much better then a whelp even on land.

At some point I decided I would work out what the meat drop ranges in the sea was. So I sent Fred and that other multi--who at this point were largely unused except when new content was released that I could explore with them--into the sea to start collecting data. It wasn't long before I noticed that my observations weren't matching up to the theoretical predictions. Knowing that others had reported strange things with meat drops in the sea, including negative meat drops from the octopus, I decided to post about the matter on the forums. Eleron ended up collecting data of his own and verified that there were penalties in the sea. And I eventually worked out some kinks in my spreadsheets that had prevented me from having any real chance of noticing this myself.

Eventually, after hearing several similar complaints about item drops in the sea, as well as people wondering if there was more of an item drop penalty then the one provided by their diving equipment, I devised a way to detect if such a penalty was present. The forum thread about the results of this seems to have been the trigger that lead people to recruit me into AFHk.

I had somewhat recently put Fred and my other multi into a simple clan (named along the lines of Fred's "theme"), so they could get some bonus rollover adventures and stuff. But it was never really intended to be a clan I recruited into; just a convenient container, and maybe a spot where my friends could hop over to for a hobopolis instance or something. Incidentally, that clan still has an open instance of hobopolis that has yet to be adventured in, so if anyone wants to go over there for whatever reason let me know and I can whitelist you.

So I came over on the visiting white list, checked the clan hall and forums out, chatted for a while, pretty quickly came to the decision that I would enjoy being in the clan a lot (and was pretty eager to associate more directly with the spades I knew well from the wiki and forums, Eleron and QN in particular), and officially joined the clan that same day.

It's been a blast so far. My efforts are appreciated, chat is active and engaging, there's a bunch of smart people, a lot of peole who enjoy finding and sharing game information, and I'm learning lots of things that will hopefully help me ascend faster with Extirpator. Plus, we discovered like 3 bugs in the first 3 days I was in the clan, which Jick fixed soon after we posted about them. How cool is that?

Kheldar
Just Plain Old Pie

Post by Kheldar » Wed Mar 18, 2009 9:16 am

I started kol life back in 2005 where I joined the Elven Manor, from there I moved and help form The Princess and the New power generation clan. I spent lot of my time then in the Lucky888 clan, otori and the TMa. I moved to the Tck where i have been for the last year or so. I have recently moved on and am now clan hopping and chating with friends no current location really to call home.

Ruin11
Just Plain Old Pie

Post by Ruin11 » Sun Aug 09, 2009 10:33 am

This is the only online game I play. I don't know how I got hooked on this one when there's so many other games out there. Anyways, I've been in several clans over the years so I'll try and recite them all here. I like reminiscing.

My first clan I was a part of was Knight of the Round led by Nydgill at the time. I was a noob so I just followed a long in that clan. Nydgill ended up leaving the leadership to someone else and I moved on the Social Trade Channel clan since i was an avid trader. I still I have my WL to this clan, since they hand them out like candy.

Finally, I wanted to be a part of something more (STC was just too big for me) so I looked around and found Crimbo Grotto. Nydgill was in it, but I never really knew him to begin with so that didn't matter. The CG was led by Farchyld and I had a great time in that clan. Most of the clan loved me, but I got into several arguments with one of the admins which resulted in a WL removal when I left.

Then I roamed around for long while, visited all the clans I was WL'd to, and finally ended up in The Ratsworths Tavern. It was a lot of fun for the short while it lasted. I was part of the leading team there, but the clan basically left when people started having problems with the leader. I was sad cause it was a fun clan. I ended up joining the Mystics, which is where more than half the clan fled to, and it was also a great time, but a little slow and not active enough for me. This is when I decided to join AFHk, which so far has been a blast. Very active, linked with AFH and AFHobo in clan chat, and great at HC ascending. What more could I want? ;)

Ferocious
Just Plain Old Pie

Post by Ferocious » Fri Aug 28, 2009 12:59 pm

I started back in November of '04, and hung out in the newbie channel. My first clan was "Thieves and Liars," led by Hypo_Luxa. Back then, I didn't really play the game all that seriously and mostly used it for the social aspect, as I really ended up befriending a lot of /newbie's denizens and my clannies.

I then moved to Imp y Clelyn/Flinkle's clan, "Jellyfish Heaven". I remained there most of the time, but I'd clan hop all over the place. There I learned a few tricks and participated in my first ever dungeon runs. I learned a lot of basic gameplay from that clan.

Then, I parked my main account in "ohay i made you this clan," which is filled with many, many good friends. It is a very social clan, and we'd attempt speed runs @ Hobopolis for awhile. I recently started getting serious with ascensions, and a few of my clannies have helped me out tremendously with tips.

This account was in Zadig The Happy Man's "Pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis," or "Black Lung" for short. There we do dungeon runs occasionally, but it's not necessarily as organized as I'd like, because everyone's times are all out of whack.

And now, this account has come to visit AFHk. I look forward to participating and getting to know you new clannies. :)

Klimtog
Just Plain Old Pie

Post by Klimtog » Fri Sep 18, 2009 11:44 am

My friend got me started with KOL 3 years ago. He quit about 2 weeks into playing, but I kept going. My first clan was some crappy clan whose leader KMailed me and said his clan was filled with great stuff that he shared with all of his members. So I stayed there for a while until he started telling me that I took too much stuff out of the stash (which I always put something of equal value back in, but whatever) so I left and made my own clan just so I could have the extra adventures and such without having someone tell me what to do.

That's pretty much how it went until I joined ohay i made you this clan, which is where I've been ever since.

Not a very interesting background, but hey. There you go.

Creelie
Inscrutable Pi

Re: Where do you come from?

Post by Creelie » Sun Apr 04, 2010 4:51 pm

I first heard about KoL on the forums for some other browser game. I checked it out, and I don't think I ever returned to the first game's website.

I figured out the appeal of HC right away, and so found my way to Hardcore Nation, the satellite clan of HCO. I rejoined after my first year-plus break, but I just felt too embarrassed to go back after my second break, plus I was interested in a clan more activity in the larger community. I decided to approach AFHk because they provided and promoted BAFH to the entire playerbase. I like that.