Introductions...

Post your introductions here. Now required in order to unlock the private areas of the forum. Well, as long as you're actually in the clan.

Moderator: lotsofphil

Mai
oh hai

Re: Introductions...

Post by Mai » Thu Oct 31, 2013 1:16 pm

Oh my god are you a face character who are you oh my god

DidloDiddly
Pie of the Sky

Post by DidloDiddly » Thu Oct 31, 2013 1:47 pm

Mai wrote:Oh my god are you a face character who are you oh my god
Nope. :P

I dearly wish, but there's only one character who I'd bear any resemblance to and I'm too tall.

monkeystyle
Just Plain Old Pie

Post by monkeystyle » Wed Nov 13, 2013 5:27 am

Hello!

I'm monkeystyle in game, Anthony outside it. I was just accepted as an Inquiring Intern in Alliance from Heck and was pointed in this direction to say hello.

A little about yours truly. I'm 31, from Ottawa, Canada. Chef by day and worthless layabout by night.

My KoL habits lean towards the HC side of things and HCO when I feel myself starting to get burned out on the game. I'd like to start regularly making 4 day HC and maybe a 10 day HCO one of these days.

Outside of KoL I'm a big MMA fan and I also occasionally LARP in a Vampire: The Masquerade game.

Anyway, happy to be here and maybe I'll have the opportunity to talk to you in chat.

Draco Cracona
Gatekeeper of Hell

Post by Draco Cracona » Wed Nov 13, 2013 6:33 am

Welcome, Monkeystyle!

If you ever want a hand with HCO planning, feel free to give me a shout. I can't help too much with NP, though :)

transplanted_entwife
Oh my! Guy with Pie!

Post by transplanted_entwife » Wed Nov 13, 2013 7:31 am

Draco Cracona wrote:Welcome, Monkeystyle!

If you ever want a hand with HCO planning, feel free to give me a shout. I can't help too much with NP, though :)

I might know a bit about HCNP. =) Welcome, Monkeystyle! Give me a poke if you'd like help with planning and whatnot.

Mausoleum
Just Plain Old Pie

Post by Mausoleum » Sat Nov 16, 2013 10:15 am

After seeing monkeystyle's introduction I had to post here also.

I'm Mausoleum in game, and Anthony outside. I am also living in Ottawa, Canada and have been for over 13 years. I work behind a desk 9-5 while I finish up my degree.

I applied just after participating in DitR. I'm loving doing SC runs at the moment; trying to build up that sweet karma. I like to play everything though so HC and HCO is on my todo list.

Thanks and see you all in chat!

Ravien
Pie of the Sky

Post by Ravien » Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:01 am

Took me a while to post this, but here is goes...

Hello everyone! I go by the name of Ravien in games, Martin outside of them. 33 years old, working in IT in Bulgaria.

I used to play a lot of KoL back in 2005-2007, but stopped and lost track of my account from those times. Got back into the game in 2011 and I've been building this character, focusing only on HC runs. I never intended to be speedy from the beginning, but being efficient with my runs has always appealed to me, so I started building my skill and IotM suite slowly, trying to learn things along the way. Then, after managing to do a 4-day Zombie run without any relevant Mr Store items, I decided to be more serious about speed and actually try for the leaderboards. Even though I managed to pick my first challenge commendation (KoLHS season), I still got plenty to go and a lot to learn to be truly happy with my runs. I also have to finally finish a HCO loop, but with all those new skills coming with the class revamps, I think I'll be chaining path runs for the bonus karma for quite a while.

See you in chat! :)

njwang
Pie of the Sky

Post by njwang » Wed Nov 27, 2013 1:51 pm

hello I first played this game in college but didn't get to keep my character from 2005? Sadness. Anyways got back into this game for over a year. Thought I'd check this place out since ya'll are so good at fast ascensions. I'm in San Jose(Man Jose) California and I'm an engineer. Nice to meet you all!

nouse
Just Plain Old Pie

Post by nouse » Wed Dec 04, 2013 2:39 am

Hi everyone, Nouse in game here, very pleased to be meet all of ya!

I'm 22 this year, from Singapore. Second year of university and been playing for about 9 years, although I took many hiatuses in between. I came back from a long one last year and decided to try ascending more "properly".

Besides KOL I enjoy loafing around, you know, like bread. Okay seriously, I do play a bit of League of legends and like working out - this is only due to the presence of cute female joggers at my running route. I'm not a health nut!

SeanM
Just Plain Old Pie

Post by SeanM » Tue Dec 17, 2013 12:48 pm

Hi all, I'm SeanM, and just got promoted to level 2, so they said I should join the forums.

My real name is Sean, as you may have guessed, and I'm 40 (so, like, old..), and a college professor with 2 kids. So, I have 2 handy excuses for screwing up my runs :) Though in truth, I usually play just after rollover when I'm reasonably sure the kids are asleep.

When not on KOL or working, I'm a big board game player. I live in Columbus OH which has a huge board game club, and I go to conventions, play in tournaments, and all of that. The games I play tend to be longer and deeper than the more casual stuff some of you may have seen, but I'm not into the crazy hard-core wargames either.

So, hi!

thacon
Fiendishly At Large

Post by thacon » Tue Dec 17, 2013 3:09 pm

Welcome, Sean! What do you teach?

SeanM
Just Plain Old Pie

Post by SeanM » Tue Dec 17, 2013 8:07 pm

thacon wrote:Welcome, Sean! What do you teach?
Computer Science. I'm one of 2.5 faculty teaching all of the CS courses, so teach a little bit of all of the subfields..

thacon
Fiendishly At Large

Post by thacon » Tue Dec 17, 2013 8:37 pm

I had half a professor once. It was a rough semester.

top1214
Oh my! Guy with Pie!

Post by top1214 » Mon Dec 23, 2013 10:36 pm

thacon wrote:Welcome, Sean! What do you teach?
He taught me everything I know about C++!

littlelolligagged
Leader of Heck

Post by littlelolligagged » Tue Dec 24, 2013 9:43 am

And with that, and a dollar, you can buy a candy bar!

Phreddrickk
Pie of the Sky

Post by Phreddrickk » Mon Jan 27, 2014 11:07 am

Hi, I'm Phreddrickkv2 in game. I'm also Phreddrickk in game, but that account is rarely used. So there's that.

I was, last night, accepted into AFHk as an Inquiring Intern. I like to play HCNP, but I've been on a BIG! kick lately. I recently started doing 3-dayers, so that's cool. Getting Olfaction helped with that. My current run is currently SC BIG!, but that's because I made a big mistake on day 1 and didn't realize I couldn't drop to casual with BIG!. Yeah that was a bad choice.

I'm pretty new to this being good at ascending thing, but I like to think I'm going pretty fast. My goal is a 3-day HCNP run, which I can probably do at this point, but I'm making sure I perm all the various vital skills first. I'm banking karma with these BIG! runs.

I'm a college freshman from Virginia. I'm majoring in math, but I might double major into physics. I'm really interested in complex analysis. My other hobbies include yoyoing, which I'm not good at, but relaxes me; reading about Getulio Vargas, on whom I have a bit of a history-crush; and listening to a little too much Sonic Youth. In general I tend to know a lot of trivia, which leaks into most conversations I have.

I feel like I've covered my bases here. Hi.

thacon
Fiendishly At Large

Post by thacon » Mon Jan 27, 2014 3:33 pm

Welcome, Phreddrickk. You sound like you'll fit in here just fine.

Phreddrickk
Pie of the Sky

Post by Phreddrickk » Mon Jan 27, 2014 4:54 pm

That's really nice to hear, thanks!

smithymat
Just Plain Old Pie

Post by smithymat » Mon Mar 03, 2014 8:05 pm

Hi All,

Smithymat in game and Mat or Smithy outside.

28 year old (29 in a month) from Melbourne, Australia. I'm a department manager at a concreting company.
Married for 2 and a half years with a 6 week old son.

Softcore ascender (I would miss my shinies if I HC'd) started playing again around September/October last year and have found my ascending mojo back.

Logged in pretty much all day from when I get to work at 8am till I leave at 5pm so plenty of time to chat once turns are done for the day, depending on workload.

I'm not super fast or super optimal, anything 3 day sub ronin I'm happy with, missed all of the challenge paths so far so will be going back over them to check them out.

Cheers!

Creelie
Inscrutable Pi

Post by Creelie » Tue Mar 25, 2014 7:22 pm

Ummm . . . hi.

I've been gone a LONG time! I was touched to see that I was still in Heck when I logged in.

Last time I was active, I was finishing nursing school. That went fine, and I got a job in a big urban emergency department, and then had a baby (!!!), sold our condo, and bought a house. I'm off maternity leave now, not so much loving the new commute to my old workplace, and thinking of getting a job at a closer hospital. AND, I'm hankering to get back into KoL! I was really into MMORPGs for a good long while, but I find parenthood really isn't compatible with games that have a high time-suck potential. KoL's portion-controlled gameplay seems like a nice compromise.

When I started up again I picked the current challenge path. I think next I'll do a Bad Moon run. I want to learn about the game as it is in 2014 from the ground up, rather than try to learn to use all the new toys at once.

paffers
Spy vs. Pie

Post by paffers » Sun Mar 30, 2014 11:03 am

Hi! Mai offered me a place in the clan a long while ago, so here I am at least checking it out.

Anywho, I try to be a -fairly- speedy ascender, but I'm not ultra serious about it. I do actually want to try to leaderboard for pete even though I think that may not be possible without the ice garden. Phoey. Anyway. I'm just here for the jollies. :)

I'm 26, I draw, play video games, and for the daily grind I've been doing taxes. People tell me I cheat because I'm creative and rather math inclined. *shrugs* Anyway, if you want to see my drawings.... http://pafmaster.deviantart.com/gallery (some are nsfw but you can only see those if you have an account, are logged in, and have your nsfw settings as off)

arkohn
Just Plain Old Pie

Post by arkohn » Mon Apr 07, 2014 1:27 am

Hi ya'll, my name's Arkohn. That's not actually my name, but that's what people on the internet call me. I'm from Brooklyn, NY, but I currently live in Hadley Massachusetts where I go to Hampshire College. I study logic/semantics/philosophy of language, it's fairly dry and technical, but if anyone ever wants to talk about it, I can go on for a good while about it.

As far as my history with KoL I started playing about 9 years ago while I was having a rough patch in high school and was looking for a means of socializing with people other than just nearby people. When I left I think it was right after the Naughty Sorceress quest started at level 15, so now I kinda feel like Captain America after he gets pulled out of the ice. Hopefully the game will get less overwhelming as I get used to new features, but for now, I'm mostly just exploring. Once I get a handle on things, I'd love to get into Hobopolis, even though I'm not quite clear on what it is. And PvP seems cooler now too.

transplanted_entwife
Oh my! Guy with Pie!

Post by transplanted_entwife » Mon Apr 07, 2014 5:33 pm

Welcome back, Creelie (you've been missed!) =) Welcome, new folks Smithymat/paffers/arkohn! =D

Hobse
Just Plain Old Pie

Post by Hobse » Tue Apr 08, 2014 3:26 pm

Hey, all! I've moved over to AfHk after many long debates about whether I wanted to or not.

I'm Nick, 26 years old and currently working as a Mathematics Professor at a University here in town. I'm from Ohio and I've been playing KoL for around 4-5 years, ever since I was still living in Alaska shortly after I got married to my lovely wife. Looking for a permanent job and just enjoying playing around online in the meantime. Working on getting my speed better at this point, enjoy the speed game... just haven't put the effort lately into learning the remakes and new IoTMs. I'm a HC player and look forward to hanging out with you guys!

zekaonar
Just Plain Old Pie

Post by zekaonar » Thu May 01, 2014 4:59 pm

I'm not a member of AFH, but I enjoy reading your public forums. I script for kolmafia, and would like to read more of your insight, or maybe help with some spading.

wyli romesco
Spy vs. Pie

Post by wyli romesco » Wed May 07, 2014 7:00 am

Hi, I'm wyli romesco. I live in Cornwall, in the UK. I'm currently a mature student, training to be a therapeutic counsellor. I worked as a chef for many years, but then my feet started to hurt...

I am a returning player. I took a three year hiatus from the game to focus on real-life stuff. Before I left I was a hc devotee, grinding away at runs, perming skills, always trying to improve my speed. Now I'm back and ready for more of the same. I was doing 6 day ascensions before I left, I'd like to get down to 3/4 days.

I will probably have lots of questions. There have been a lot of changes to KoL whilst I've been away. So, see you in chat ;)

lotsofphil
Leader of rum ham

Post by lotsofphil » Wed May 07, 2014 12:21 pm

Welcome both of you.

nonvegan
Pie in the Sky

Post by nonvegan » Wed May 07, 2014 2:47 pm

Welcome, zekaonar and wyli!

dextrial
Just Plain Old Pie

Post by dextrial » Fri Jun 06, 2014 12:39 pm

Hello pals! I'm dextrial and I've been playing kol for a long time. I'm 22 now and I started in 2004, whoa. I started when I was a wee lad and didn't really put enough effort into being a part of this community but everyone is so wonderful and I want to improve myself so here I am!

My goals are to make buddies and improve myself. I already learned A LOT from everyone in clan chat and that's amazing; you guys are all so clever. I might look for a mentor, since I'm quite a bit behind since the class revamps. After that I want to make the leaderboard and topple everyone!

Thank you!

transplanted_entwife
Oh my! Guy with Pie!

Post by transplanted_entwife » Fri Jun 06, 2014 2:53 pm

Yay... great to see you Hobse, zekaonar, wyli, and dextrial! =D

The Grand WazOOo
Just Plain Old Pie

Post by The Grand WazOOo » Sun Aug 03, 2014 4:02 am

Hi everybody! (said in best Dr Nick stylee)
The Grand WazOOo is me. Looking forward to meeting everybody, making new friends and hopefully picking up some game tips. Been away from KoL for a couple of years (because... life) and having lots of fun sussing out the new game content. Current goal is to manage a 4 day HC run (though it won't be this run because....Sauceror) and I also need to do a bit of basement diving to get ma telescope.Oh and lots of other things too. Please come and say hi if you see me in chat x

Kasekopf
Just Plain Old Pie

Post by Kasekopf » Thu Aug 07, 2014 9:50 pm

Hey everyone!
I started playing KoL in 2007, but have been playing off and on since then. This jan. I picked it back up and started having a lot of fun trying to speed and seeing all the cool new things. I guess my current goal is trying to get a silver star in one of these challenge paths (...sooo close with SaS, but now I'm finishing my HCO loop instead). I also need to grab a bunch of skills and actually try and towerkill one of these days. I'm hoping to get a more involved with you all, since I don't know many people upon my return :)

harumph
My Pie Blown Sky High

Post by harumph » Fri Aug 08, 2014 4:45 am

hey grand wazooo and Kasekopf!

theblackcat
Pie of the Sky

Post by theblackcat » Mon Aug 11, 2014 1:45 am

Hey guys!

I joined AfHk shortly after participating in DitR2, which was a really long time ago. Shortly after that, I got shipped off to university where I spent years of my life getting a piece of paper that says that I know a little bit about Economics. Unfortunately, workload meant that I couldn't play KoL as much as I would have like and I eventually stopped altogether.

Now that I've graduated (yay me!), I'm getting back into KoL again. I used to be a softcore ascender, but after my most recent Bad Moon run I'm considering getting into hardcore too. One of my regrets is never having been able to do that 2 day SCNP (I missed it by like 3 adventures during DitR2), so I would like to be able attempt that soonish too. I'll be posting plenty of logs whenever I can, so please do drop by and give me comments! (You can start by visiting my Bad Moon run log) =D

Quintis
Just Plain Old Pie

Post by Quintis » Mon Aug 11, 2014 11:16 am

Hey!
My names Nicholas (but you can call me Quintis) and I'm going to start my freshman year of college at UCF, down in Orlando, in a few days.

I've been playing KOL on and off since I was really young. (I think I might have been in elementary school?) My old account was deleted due to inactivity (that was still a thing), but I made a new on and continued playing off and on. I have mostly played casually but I'm excited to get into the more competitive and social aspects of the Kingdom.

I recently completed a stunt eight day Bad Moon run and I am now well on my way to finishing a... nine day SCNP. (Which will be my fastest SCNP ever.) So apparently my soft-core goal is to figure out how not to be freaked out by all those crazy pulls and things, which inevitably makes me stress out, not care, and run around doing random things. I enjoy Hardcore and Bad Moon a lot more though, and I hope to be competitive in next seasons challenge path. I am very bad at spending money, I currently have about 30 million meat and three Mr. As in reserve, after recently forcing myself to finally pick up a Smith's Tome and VIP key. So, any suggestions on items for HC or even SC are very welcome.

lostcalpolydude
Forum Maestro

Post by lostcalpolydude » Mon Aug 11, 2014 11:56 am

Hi blackcat and Quintis.
bmaher: Softcore character
lostcalpolydude: Hardcore character (abandoned)

ALAVG
Just Plain Old Pie

Post by ALAVG » Mon Aug 18, 2014 8:40 pm

Hi my name is ALAVG, same as in game.

I've been playing KoL for about 3 years now and recently I gained some ambition to become better at ascending. I've happened upon a bit of free time and it looks like I'll finally be able to make spreadsheets to plan my runs and fun stuff like that :P I'm an HC4Lyfe ascender and I'm looking to cut down my 4 day turncount with the eventual goal of a 3 dayer.

harumph
My Pie Blown Sky High

Post by harumph » Mon Aug 18, 2014 8:52 pm

hey ALAVG!

spreadsheets = fun! yehey! you'll fit right in :P

see you in chat!

Storm Dragon
Pie of the Sky

Post by Storm Dragon » Thu Oct 02, 2014 7:48 am

Hi. I'm Storm Dragon. I've been using this same username for many years now. The KoL account, for instance, was registered in 2006 iirc. I started playing it back in the day with a handful of friends, but most of them stopped doing so. I still have two friends who log in and play casually, though. One of them talked me into returning to KoL last year. At first, I didn't want to do so because of the overwhelming number of iotms that I had missed, but for some reason I did come back. The return will complete one year this October.

I tried getting into AoSP HC leaderboards since I had most of the iotms necessary, but was unable to do so. I thought to myself "if I'm not able to make into leaderboards during an Avatar path, I'll NEVER make it during a normal class path"

Heavy Rains came, and it prove itself to be very profitable due to the beautiful rainbow reward. I decided to step up my game and invested in a Rain-Doh and a Folder Holder (adios, avatar form savings). With them, I've been able to do 2dayers regularly, and even Top 15 in the SC boards. With the beautiful rainbow meat, I bought a Grimstone Golem, and have been honing my runs gradually.

I believe that AFHk will be a nice environment to keep getting better on this ascension thingie~

P.S. I'm Southern Brazilian, so obligatory gibe maet or i report u huehuehue

transplanted_entwife
Oh my! Guy with Pie!

Post by transplanted_entwife » Fri Oct 03, 2014 8:36 am

Welcome, Storm Dragon!

gulaschkanone
Just Plain Old Pie

Post by gulaschkanone » Sun Oct 05, 2014 9:50 am

Hi guys, I'm gulaschkanone (same name in game), IRL I'm 18 years old and live in Germany.

I got started with KOL in early 2013 and kinda dicked around in the first weeks, ignoring AoJ because it seemed complicated... made my first million on the 1st of april, did some random runs... but in the BIG season, I made my first steps in ascending fast-ish, getting softcore 4-dayers, then 3-dayers, then eventually two 2-dayers (without IOTMs, holy turnbloat batman!). I didn't make such a progression in the next paths, but I kept doing runs, accumulated relevant IOTMs during CA2 and AoSP, tried and failed for silver in Slow&Steady, and now I'm busy with cutting turns in SCHR, even though I don't have the time and inclination to chain runs and do consistent 2-dayers. Maybe this time...

Ceirdwyn
Hug Duchess

Post by Ceirdwyn » Sun Oct 05, 2014 3:02 pm

Herzlich willkommen :)

May I ask where in Germany?

gulaschkanone
Just Plain Old Pie

Post by gulaschkanone » Sun Oct 05, 2014 5:17 pm

Danke! I'm from a small town in the Odenwald, in southern Hesse.

Mai
oh hai

Post by Mai » Mon Oct 06, 2014 9:30 am

Welcome Storm Dragon and gulaschkanone!

jellojoe
Just Plain Old Pie

Post by jellojoe » Tue Oct 07, 2014 8:58 pm

Hello all. I've playing since 2004, but I took a 4 year hiatus between 2006 and 2010 to finish my degree and get settled into job. Somwhere in there, I lost the old account. Anyhow, I'm hoping to get better at ascending. IRL, I am a professional chemist so I'm used to optimizing things.

LeafyGreens
Inscrutable Pi

Post by LeafyGreens » Wed Oct 08, 2014 8:30 pm

Hey jellojoe and storm dragon and gulaschkanone!

Spammo
Just Plain Old Pie

Post by Spammo » Tue Oct 14, 2014 6:50 pm

'Lo all.

A bit about myself, I'm currently a grad student in the US mostly studying stats, whoo fun times. Since I essentially ran out of money to go travelling so I now need a proper job *shudders*, maybe even *gasps* a career.

As far as KoL goes, I've been playing on and off for quite a while now, occasionally getting a burst of interest in a certain path and chaining a few runs until either I'm sick of the path or RL kicks in and forces me to stop. As far as goals go, since I go for the whole HC4Life thing, partially because I fear I'll just be paralyzed by choice if I do a SC run but mostly because that unbroken line of crosses pleases me. I want to at some point do a 2 day HC run, not that bothered about which path, but preferably in season so it feels "fair" due to the whole trendy restriction these days.

So, that's me, nice to meet you all.

reverkiller
Promoter of Heck

Post by reverkiller » Fri Oct 17, 2014 10:32 am

Spammo wrote:A bit about myself, I'm currently a grad student in the US mostly studying stats, whoo fun times.
Don't know if you know this, but people who have a good grasp of stats are both in high demand and tend to go far.
I hope you're a master of excel!

Also Welcome!

Mai
oh hai

Post by Mai » Sat Oct 18, 2014 1:39 am

Nice to meet you, Spammo! Welcome aboard... can you teach me R? :P

redfoxtail
Bounty Officer of Heck

Post by redfoxtail » Mon Nov 10, 2014 10:37 pm

Hello! It's a very belated introduction from me!

I had an account a million years ago that was lost in the Great Purge and then came back after I had a baby and wanted something I could easily play while holding her. That was four years ago and suprisingly little has happened in the interim. After a long long fallow aftercore, I've just come off a little run of largely-automated Boris runs and am splashing awkwardly around in actual proper ascending for modest speed.

I'm an assistant professor in a social science at a nerd-flavored university in the upper midwest, which means my ascension opportunities are... sporadic. But whatever! I like hanging out in chat even between times. I'm also married to Snarkypants in real life, and cook okra surprisingly often. The now-four-year-old gets called "Buffy Feynman" in chat because Snax thought that was amusing. She's not actually called Buffy.

littlelolligagged
Leader of Heck

Post by littlelolligagged » Mon Nov 10, 2014 11:20 pm

Hi RFT!

It's very nice to meet you!

Social sciences are the best, by the way ;)

lotsofphil
Leader of rum ham

Post by lotsofphil » Tue Nov 11, 2014 12:48 pm

redfoxtail wrote: The now-four-year-old gets called "Buffy Feynman" in chat because Snax thought that was amusing. She's not actually called Buffy.
But her middle name is Feynman? :)

Storm Dragon
Pie of the Sky

Post by Storm Dragon » Tue Nov 11, 2014 4:13 pm

It's always cool to see couples playing KoL :3

top1214
Oh my! Guy with Pie!

Post by top1214 » Wed Nov 19, 2014 10:56 pm

redfoxtail wrote: I'm an assistant professor in a social science at a nerd-flavored university in the upper midwest, which means please make random guesses as to who I am.
I'm going to go with this *very good guess which snax/rft asked me to edit out (but you get a cookie, WM)*only because one of her research interests is irony.
Last edited by transplanted_entwife on Thu Nov 20, 2014 7:52 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Link removed per request

redfoxtail
Bounty Officer of Heck

Post by redfoxtail » Thu Nov 20, 2014 7:53 am

Ha ha! Got it in one. Nice work.

(Thanks for the edit.)

cheesecookie
Inscrutable Pi

Post by cheesecookie » Mon Nov 24, 2014 5:15 pm

Ello! I'm Cheesecookie here and in game. I was solicited, not sexually, to come here, but I have visited the forum before, I think I stole some Heavy Rains ideas from Yojimbo and Trystero.

About myself, well, I'm half-bot half-turtle, I teach Computer Science at VSU (the one in Georgia, not the more well-known one) or at least taught it there when I wrote this (applying to go elsewhere). I love turtles, love code, and finally got myself access to /challenge after I merged code and KoL together into some sort of disgusting pile of goop and disease.

I'm primarily a softcore player, I pretty much only did hardcore with avatar paths. I do like my toys, and my lack of hardcore perms doesn't really help the situation actually. I am also waiting for the days when we can get +1 HP for 1000 karma. Oh boy!

I love long walks around the couch, or at this point, my bean bag, and coke zero. I have an obscene fascination with reality TV and I get my kicks watching reality shows from the UK.

I'm terrible with forums, but I'll see what I can do, it's mostly just making time for things during the semester while I have to handle classes.

Hellno
Pie in the Sky

Post by Hellno » Wed Nov 26, 2014 7:34 am

Hi, I'm Hellno! I've been lurking these forums for long enough now (checking out logs and posting some of my own) that I thought it was time to just join up instead. I'm full-on hardcore (didn't do a single softy ascension yet), still trying to hone my skills and farm up some more toys so I can try to crush the leaderboards soon.

Storm Dragon
Pie of the Sky

Post by Storm Dragon » Wed Nov 26, 2014 3:15 pm

Welcome, Hellno. I remember that I read your HC Pete logs back then, and they helped me to cut several turns without the need of iotms. Thanks for that, and welcome again :D

digitrev
Spy vs. Pie

Post by digitrev » Fri Dec 05, 2014 11:46 am

Ahoy hoy, folks. I was accepted into the clan a little while ago, but it corresponded with me getting laid off, so I haven't been too active yet.

I'm a numbers guy, and I'm proud to have done my first (and probably only) 2-day HC ascension in Heavy Rains, thanks to the advice of the speedlogs here and the Fist Turkey.

reverkiller
Promoter of Heck

Post by reverkiller » Fri Dec 05, 2014 11:48 am

Welcome Hellno and digitrev! You guys are da bomb.

Storm Dragon
Pie of the Sky

Post by Storm Dragon » Tue Dec 09, 2014 10:44 am

Welcome, digi :mrgreen:

Niktu
Just Plain Old Pie

Post by Niktu » Wed Dec 10, 2014 5:00 am

Hey everyone, I am Niktu. :D

I was accepted in the clan recently and am very happy to be here. Thanks for having me.

Storm Dragon
Pie of the Sky

Post by Storm Dragon » Wed Dec 10, 2014 9:28 am

Welcome, Niktu :thumbs:

Alien_Octopus
Just Plain Old Pie

Post by Alien_Octopus » Tue Dec 16, 2014 10:36 am

Hello everyone,

i joined KoL one year ago and got instantly hooked. I mostly enjoy ascending (as fast as i can manage). I live in Athens, Greece (don't hate!) and I'm lousy at talking about myself, so, to spare you the grief i'll make this short and sweet.

Thank you for accepting me in your community,
Katerina (is my real name)

littlelolligagged
Leader of Heck

Post by littlelolligagged » Tue Dec 16, 2014 10:42 am

Hello, welcome :)

Storm Dragon
Pie of the Sky

Post by Storm Dragon » Tue Dec 16, 2014 12:44 pm

Welcome, A_O

Being greek explains your unusual sleeping schedule :lol:

Chamou
Spy vs. Pie

Post by Chamou » Sun Dec 21, 2014 12:10 pm

Right, okay. I'm Chamou. I'm just shy of being a two-year old KoL player, though this is just the account I've taken the most recent (and by far most effortful) investment in playing this game. Some of my older accounts had the following "accomplishments":

1. Jumping straight into a 40-day long HCO ascension after finishing my original life because I reallly wanted that pinky ring. Immediately after obtaining said pinky ring, I quit.
2. Created a farming multi for said guy up there. Received a warning from Multi Czar (not even a temp ban or anything, just warning), but being an intelligent young man, I mouthed off to him and got banned for real.

Why did I want to play this game again? I needed something casual I could fit into going to college, and I was really burning out on Runescape. But then once I actually ascended a few times and realized how much a single skill can benefit your character, I realized this game had a much more fun progression mechanic than any other game I've played, and so I was hooked.

Right now my goals are:

1. Take a challenge path seriously for once. I was a razor's edge off making it onto the Heavy Rains SC leaderboard, and failing to make it really annoyed me, especially since it was one of my favorite challenge paths to actually play since I started.
2. Keep a nice stockpile of financial resources to keep myself geared up with the new IotMs. This is pretty much the only thing I have to spend money on now, since I have everything else relevant in a post-type 69 scope.

And my preference is towards softcore, because I like having more options to cut more turns and having shorter runs in general. Also, I don't have any hard-permed skills besides stuff that auto-HC perms, so there's that.

This has gone on long enough, so to get to the point, I wanted to join AFKH because I really do highly value information and knowledge, and I'm both willing to learn from other people and share what I know with others. Plus, I like meeting new people and this is a great way to do that!

Mythkiller
Just Plain Old Pie

Post by Mythkiller » Sat Jan 17, 2015 12:42 pm

Hi everyone,

So.. intro. Been playing KoL on and off since early 2006 on many accounts, 'estotro', 'esto', 'mythe' (probably a few others, cant remember) and now finally settled on 'Mythkiller' as my main.

Have been a casual ascender throughout and only just starting to get into speed. Your public forums have been the source of most of my improvement recently!

Looking forward to getting to know you all and learning how to ascend faster!

~Myth

Biefstuk
Just Plain Old Pie

Post by Biefstuk » Sat Jan 24, 2015 5:02 am

Hello there. I've found my way here as a result of the Diamond in the Picky ascension contest. I'm hoping to start improving my speed as a result.

I've been playing KoL for close to three years. At the moment my main goal is to try and start cutting my SC runs down from 3 days to 2. I don't know what else to add at the moment, since I suck at introductions. So I'll end it here.

Vernatio
Just Plain Old Pie

Post by Vernatio » Sat Jan 31, 2015 7:50 pm

Hello, I'm Vernatio. You probably either know me from me being stupid and unfunny in chat, or stupid, unfunny, and angry in the forums. In the past year I have got a job at Trader Joe's, graduated highschool, turned eighteen, started my fourth semester of college, and assembled a crack videogame development team (Read: A sprite artist, who designs my forum avatars, and an awesome musician you can see here: http://astram.weebly.com/) . I'm not going to do any stupid bullshit to try and convince people I'm mature for a teenager, so if you're the kind of person who is going to needle me for being an idiot teen, go ahead.

As a closing note, here's one of the (hopefully) two pictures of me on the web: