Introductions...

Post your introductions here. Now required in order to unlock the private areas of the forum. Well, as long as you're actually in the clan.

Moderator: lotsofphil

Mai
oh hai

Re: Introductions...

Postby Mai » Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:30 pm

Welcome, BvinnyVBinny!

superbachelor
Pie in the Sky

Postby superbachelor » Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:29 pm

Hi, I'm an A.I. programmer from Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA.
My turn-ons include botting, hardcore and speed ascension.
My turn-offs include bad breath and rotten smells. Hence I prefer meeting people online. :)

dastardlydiscodiva
Just Plain Old Pie

Postby dastardlydiscodiva » Sat Oct 27, 2012 6:45 am

I'm new here, so I guess introductions are in order.

Name is Brandi. Born, raised, and currently residing in Virginia. My favorite pastimes include: photography, cooking, watching football (and playing fantasy fb), xbox, and of course, KOL. I used to play KOL around 2004, but life led me away for a long while and I'm back starting anew.

FufuBunnySlayer
AFH

Postby FufuBunnySlayer » Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:01 pm

Welcome, Superbachelor and DDDiva!

Mai
oh hai

Postby Mai » Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:03 pm

superbachelor wrote:Hi, I'm an A.I. programmer from Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA.

Oh em gee same city! Welcome!

wiseworm
Pie in the Sky

Postby wiseworm » Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:19 pm

Welcome Superbachelor!
Welcome DastardlyDiscoDiva!

Maventee
Just Plain Old Pie

Postby Maventee » Sun Nov 25, 2012 5:42 pm

Hi, I'm MavenTee.. I joined the recent contest, and thought I'd stick around a while. Seems like a great community.

I'm 37, male, and married w/ 3 girls (one more on the way)... used to play KOL a lot about 4-5 years ago, but lost my account password, and email is not in existence any more... anyway.. glad to be here!

Straha
Just Plain Old Pie

Postby Straha » Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:58 am

Hi everyone,
I'm Straha in-game, Sean in RL. I started playing KoL a few years ago, but didn't get too into it and lost interest after a couple ascensions and some aftercore. Got back into the game just in time to find out about and prepare for DitR... which is how I ended up here.

I'm 39 years old and live near Milwaukee, WI (lived in this area all my life). If you don't know where that is, it's about 100 miles (160 km) north of Chicago. If you don't know where that is, I can't really help you ;) I studied math in college and work as a computer programmer - behind the scenes, no UI work...barf. Pattern recognition / pattern matching are my specialties. I'm looking forward to getting more involved with spading. I've met a few hardcore (to me) spaders in clan chat and like what I've experienced. I've also fallen in love with speed ascension, it's a huge optimization problem which really appeals to the math part of my brain.

Outside KoL: I'm a big fan of American Football and fantasy football, and drinking. I also read a lot of sci-fi - the name "Straha" comes from a character in a sci-fi series. Beyond that I play some turn based strategy games, and do a lot of other inane stuff.

wiseworm
Pie in the Sky

Postby wiseworm » Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:47 am

Welcome Straha!

Nanimonai
Just Plain Old Pie

Postby Nanimonai » Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:35 pm

I guess it's about time for me to write a little introduction as well.

A friend of mine linked me to Kol about 5 years ago and in my rush of excitement and motivation i made 3 accounts ... and forgot about KoL after a couple of weeks. Then i returned just in time for last years crimbo and played daily. Though Nani3 is the account which gets the most attention, since i started to amass all sorts of toys on that account.

Primarily i'm a hoarder ... which gets quite obvious if one looks at my DC ... though i still have a long way to go. DCwise, BCCwise ... and otherwise. But i must say that i've tasted blood during this DitR contest and i will ascend more ... as soon as the current Crimbo is over. Before that i might be able to squeeze one more ascension between now and the 15. ... maybe an old challenge path.
Oh and i consider myself more of an HC player.

Other than KoL i like to listen to all kinds of music, play mostly indie games, experiment in the kitchen and read a lot ... i also used to do quite a bit of sports. Judo, followed by a bit of Aikido, then Capoeira ... and recently i started to give Taekwando a try. I also like to dress up in medieval attire and do a little bit of juggling from time to time. I also have a bunch of MtG cards, but there aren't any players around where i am living at the moment.

I think that's enough informations for now, if there are any questions, feel free to ask away.

Nani :)

wiseworm
Pie in the Sky

Postby wiseworm » Sat Dec 01, 2012 3:55 pm

Welcome Nanimonai!

Altair12
Just Plain Old Pie

Postby Altair12 » Fri Dec 07, 2012 7:15 am

Well, I'm 13 years old (but more mature, hopefully, I'll leave you guys to see if I am), I live in India. I actually found KoL at 2009, but didn't try it out. Two years later, I found it again, and because of deja vu, made an account.Since then, I've been playing KoL for one year+ and I love it. My likes are:Speed ascending, PvP, the community and coffee! I love all sorts of games, and am pretty much a fun guy. I want to become the best at what I do, and I try hard for it. I love helping others out and spading(as long as I don't screw it up). So, that's pretty much my intro, I hope there's gonna be much more to me you guys are gonna see :D

thacon
Fiendishly At Large

Postby thacon » Fri Dec 07, 2012 7:20 am

Welcome, Altair12!

wiseworm
Pie in the Sky

Postby wiseworm » Fri Dec 07, 2012 8:16 am

Welcome Altair12!

FufuBunnySlayer
AFH

Postby FufuBunnySlayer » Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:00 am

Hey MavenT, Straha, Nani, and Altair!

robmon
Pie of the Sky

Postby robmon » Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:07 pm

Hey folks, Robmon here.

A little about myself: My real name is John, I work on a horse ranch in CO, my hobbies are rodeo, writing, playing guitar, and KoL. I'm pretty exited to be joining AFHk. My in-game interests are speed SCNP and aftercore. I don't have a lot of ascensions under my belt because they take me a ton of real-life time, so I only ascend when I know I'm not going to have a bunch of stuff to do on a weekend. I also have this weird desire for all my runs to be really good (or at least what I think is good), so I don't like to ascend when I don't think I'll have enough time. Anyway, hopefully we'll have a great time in this clan!

Thanks,
John

Mai
oh hai

Postby Mai » Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:30 pm

Hi Robmon, great to have you on board! Always down to chat SCNP :)

Pewt
AFH

Postby Pewt » Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:32 pm

Welcome robmon, and nice runs so far! Hope to see you in /clan.

wiseworm
Pie in the Sky

Postby wiseworm » Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:03 pm

Welcome Robmon!

Devd
Just Plain Old Pie

Postby Devd » Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:39 pm

It is hard to be insightful, witty, and accurate after a day of soul crushing work... so for now I will not even try.

I love KOL. It is the perfect never ending escape. I travel a lot so it is easy to "put in my pocket" and take anywhere in the world with me.

I live in San Diego but split my time (when in the states) between here and New Mexico.

Perhaps I shall be more forth coming as time goes by... but for now I will say this. I am happy to be here.

wiseworm
Pie in the Sky

Postby wiseworm » Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:51 pm

Welcome Devd!

Astaeroth
Just Plain Old Pie

Postby Astaeroth » Sat Feb 16, 2013 8:33 pm

'allo everyone. I'm Astaeroth, or astapants, or astaface, or astapasta or any other name I'm given. I've been around KoL for a long, long time and then one fine evening Mai decided to seduce me into AfH with promises of candy and speed seekrits. I can usually be found in /newbie (I know, I know) dispensing advice or bans, whichever is necessary. I would like to get better at ascending, as I generally tend to brute-force my way through things, even after 40'ish of them.So I'll be lurking in /clan chat off and on, hoping to osmose some good tricks.

littlelolligagged
Leader of Heck

Postby littlelolligagged » Sat Feb 16, 2013 8:35 pm

Clearly you're meant to be eroth, not any of the other name choices.

Nobody promised me candy :(

BC_Goldman
My Pie Blown Sky High

Postby BC_Goldman » Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:11 am

You ARE candy, lolli. :D

nonvegan
Pie in the Sky

Postby nonvegan » Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:35 pm

Hi everyone, I'm nonvegan. I enjoy SC speed ascension and clan dungeoneering. So far I've improved almost entirely through trial and error / brute force, but I think I've hit a wall. I'd really like to get involved with a community that can help me improve even more - and there's a long way to go! Word on the street is that AfHk is the place to be.

For the immediate future I'm planning to do a lot of Jarlsberg, and hopefully even nab a leaderboard spot. After that, I'd like to finally do a 2 day SCNP.

I just got whitelisted the other day, so I hope to see you all in /clan soon!

Pewt
AFH

Postby Pewt » Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:52 pm

Welcome to AFHk, nonvegan, Devd and Astaeroth!

robmon
Pie of the Sky

Postby robmon » Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:38 pm

nonvegan wrote:Hi everyone, I'm nonvegan. I enjoy SC speed ascension and clan dungeoneering. So far I've improved almost entirely through trial and error / brute force, but I think I've hit a wall. I'd really like to get involved with a community that can help me improve even more - and there's a long way to go! Word on the street is that AfHk is the place to be.

For the immediate future I'm planning to do a lot of Jarlsberg, and hopefully even nab a leaderboard spot. After that, I'd like to finally do a 2 day SCNP.

I just got whitelisted the other day, so I hope to see you all in /clan soon!

Hey nonvegan! Your interests seem almost exactly like mine, which is cool, because I just joined AFHk a few weeks ago and I've already gotten way better. The word on the street was definitely right. :) Anyway, welcome and I just wanted to confirm your thoughts about this place.

Whym
Inscrutable Pi

Postby Whym » Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:20 pm

Welcome nonvegan! Heck is definitely the place to be. We go fast and we have fun.

Don't be afraid to ask for advice in clan chat or on the forums. Most of us are nice people who only bite if you ask. ;)

strongbadfanex
Just Plain Old Pie

Postby strongbadfanex » Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:11 pm

Hi all. I'm the newest recruit to Alliance from Heck, StrongbadfanEX (#752518). I'm a college student out of Illinois with a passion for music, video games, and of course, KOL.

I started playing KoL at the beginning of '06, and I've been an diehard fan ever since. I took a pretty long break from the game around NS-13, but I've always appreciated the community and culture here. And, of course, the thing that keeps me around: the speed ascension!

One of my goals is to keep improving my speed to the three day level. I've been focused on Avatar ascensions to build up my skill set, but I'm looking to jump into the SCNP lifestyle pretty soon. Perhaps my biggest goal right now though is to get a leader board commendation! I'm also trying to slowly put together an SCNP speed guide.

It's an honor to be in the Alliance community and I'm looking forward to not only helping us get on leaderboards but also help improve each other's enjoyment and understanding of the game.

And, face to a name: here's yours truly in my favorite pink shirt, with a brew and a lady. Life is good.
I provide a picture only because my current one in-game is like, several embarrassing years out of date.

transplanted_entwife
Oh my! Guy with Pie!

Postby transplanted_entwife » Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:24 pm

Welcome, new arrivals! =)

thacon
Fiendishly At Large

Postby thacon » Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:28 am

strongbadfanex wrote:I'm also trying to slowly put together an SCNP speed guide.

I support this endeavor. Stupac's guide is woefully out of date and it was a big help when I was getting started. A new guide would be great for the community.

Farflier
Just Plain Old Pie

Postby Farflier » Sat Mar 16, 2013 12:20 pm

Hi, I just joined. Been playing KoL for a few years, decided it was time to actually become an actual part of an actual clan. I enjoy leaderboarding, collecting everything under the sun, and engaging in philanthropic ventures. Not necessarily in that order. I also operate a bot (still under construction) that aims to provide almost all bot services in one. If you'd like to try it out, the account is: Xbot (#2247171). Check his DC to see how to use the services currently available (buffs, NPC store discount, time's arrow).

In reality, I'm an aspiring programmer and full-time student. I am currently located in Minneapolis, Minnesota. I play all together too many games.

Looking forward to getting to know you all! The ones I don't already know, anyway :)

Cheers

wiseworm
Pie in the Sky

Postby wiseworm » Sat Mar 16, 2013 12:52 pm

Welcome in Hell to all the new faces!!!

Ghost Armor
Just Plain Old Pie

Postby Ghost Armor » Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:33 am

Hey everybody, I'm Ghost Armor.

My real name is Jonathan, you can call me Jon or GA or ghost armor or ghost or whatever. I'm a 21 year old Junior majoring in Computer Science, currently doing a coop with IBM for the semester. I just started playing KoL this January, but I'm doing my best to produce some speedy budgetcore-esque ascensions! My hobbies other than KoL include a plethora of other games, such as Heroes of Newerth and the Pokemon Trading Card Game, cooking, playing the piano/drums, making music on my Gameboy, and going to concerts. Here's a picture of me wearing a goofy hat at a Crystal Castles concert.

Hope to get to know you all soon! I know I've already met a lot of you on the clan chat.

Mai
oh hai

Postby Mai » Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:45 am

That is a kickass hat. Great to have you around :D

transplanted_entwife
Oh my! Guy with Pie!

Postby transplanted_entwife » Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:11 pm

Welcome, Flori, Flier, and GA!

Whym
Inscrutable Pi

Postby Whym » Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:16 pm

Ghost Armor wrote:<snip>

Umbre-hat!

thacon
Fiendishly At Large

Postby thacon » Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:27 pm

Whym wrote:

Umbre-hat!

I barely noticed the hat. I was focused on the fact that everyone in that picture is looking in a different direction.

Ghost Armor
Just Plain Old Pie

Postby Ghost Armor » Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:36 pm

thacon wrote:
Whym wrote:

Umbre-hat!

I barely noticed the hat. I was focused on the fact that everyone in that picture is looking in a different direction.

Haha, I think that my favorite part about that picture is the guy behind me with serious red-eye looking straight ahead. He looks like he's about to shoot lasers out of his eyes.

wiseworm
Pie in the Sky

Postby wiseworm » Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:14 pm

Welcome Ghost Armor!

Andybot1
Just Plain Old Pie

Postby Andybot1 » Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:56 pm

Hello, I'm Andybot but you can call me Andy. I spend my time on KoL ascending and learning to improve speed running.

I love this game.

Kmail me on KoL "Andybot" if you want to learn more, or I'll be in the AFHk chat as well.

Mai
oh hai

Postby Mai » Sun May 12, 2013 8:20 am

Welcome Andy! Good to meet you :)

harumph
My Pie Blown Sky High

Postby harumph » Thu May 16, 2013 5:55 am

Hi my kol name is harumph :)

I'm from the Philippines! I a husband and father to a 3 year old son.

My other hobby is photography.
my photography/stories site is: http://snapsnstories.blogspot.com

thanks for letting me join this awesome clan! I really learned a lot from my non-member time at the chat :)

started KOL back in 2009 but started seriously trying to ascend faster for maybe a year.

transplanted_entwife
Oh my! Guy with Pie!

Postby transplanted_entwife » Thu May 16, 2013 7:20 am

Hello, Andy and Harumph! It's been great seeing you in clan chat. I look forward to getting to know you better. =)

shummie
Just Plain Old Pie

Postby shummie » Sun May 26, 2013 5:42 pm

Hi all, looks like I've posted here several years ago for a DITR contest. I've been taking a lot of breaks on / off from the game and looking to get back into it and learning a lot from others here. Unfortunately, I'm not the most talkative person, so if you see me on, feel free to prod me!

~shummie

wiseworm
Pie in the Sky

Postby wiseworm » Tue May 28, 2013 10:16 am

Welcome (back) Shummie!

Mutantopia
Just Plain Old Pie

Postby Mutantopia » Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:57 pm

Hello,

I'm an indie game developer from Seattle. I have two kids and a Bloovian Groose.

I started playing KoL many years ago when accounts were deleted for inactivity, then again about a year and a half ago, then again about 3 months ago.

top1214
Oh my! Guy with Pie!

Postby top1214 » Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:00 pm

Mutantopia wrote:Hello,

I'm an indie game developer from Seattle. I have two kids and a Bloovian Groose.

I started playing KoL many years ago when accounts were deleted for inactivity, then again about a year and a half ago, then again about 3 months ago.

Welcome!

I'd ask, but I'm sure I haven't heard of it.

Mutantopia
Just Plain Old Pie

Postby Mutantopia » Fri Jun 21, 2013 1:33 am

top1214 wrote:I'd ask, but I'm sure I haven't heard of it.

Probably not. Maybe in a couple months.

Communism
Just Plain Old Pie

Postby Communism » Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:08 pm

Hey. My real name is Lily. I joined KoL a few years ago and have been playing on-and-off, but I've really gotten into it again over the past few months, since around April. I'm really excited to be part of a clan! I usually do softcore ascensions as well as hardcore AoJ runs- I really love AoJ, and Myst classes in general. I'd like to learn to do faster ascensions (a softcore ascension for me usually takes a week; it's painful).

My hobbies include gaming and gardening.

I'm looking forward to meeting all of you!

top1214
Oh my! Guy with Pie!

Postby top1214 » Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:19 pm

Communism wrote:Hey. My real name is Lily. I joined KoL a few years ago and have been playing on-and-off, but I've really gotten into it again over the past few months, since around April. I'm really excited to be part of a clan! I usually do softcore ascensions as well as hardcore AoJ runs- I really love AoJ, and Myst classes in general. I'd like to learn to do faster ascensions (a softcore ascension for me usually takes a week; it's painful).

My hobbies include gaming and gardening.

I'm looking forward to meeting all of you!

Welcome, comrade!

Torturelini
Just Plain Old Pie

Postby Torturelini » Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:34 pm

Hi, I'm Torturelini (known in the real world and to irc as Kurt). I've been playing the game for 8 years, but mostly been a lazy softcorer, but recently started some hardcore Boris. I live in Sydney, Australia, work for a telecommunications company in a role to hard to explain, have 3 kids and a cat, and spend far too much time playing wargames, boardgames and card games.

blisterguy
Master of the Coin

Postby blisterguy » Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:14 pm

Welcome aboard Kurt!

Caspanion
Just Plain Old Pie

Postby Caspanion » Sun Jul 07, 2013 9:19 pm

Hi Folks. I'm a software engineer in San Francisco. I am a big boardgamer and was (many years ago) an open source roguelike game developer. I am also fond of homebrewing and SCUBA, though this has been a bad year for both.

I played KOL for a while 2004-2005 and started up again this January just to see what's been going on. I've been hanging around in AFH chat since doing the bakeoff contest and MAI was kind enough to invite me when I expressed an interest in upgrading.

In game, I am slowly getting a handle on things (and slowly picking up some much needed skills and items). I'll get a little more serious in a month or so after I finish lucre'ing up, and maybe pick up another IOTM or two. Until then, I will be building up HC ascensions, trophy-hunting, picking up sea boss gear, etc. I am generally more interesting in HC; SC seems too intensive in real life time as well as in-game resources. I want to squeeze in a bad moon run sometime in the next few months, too.

I still have my old 2005 clan, Krotus, (now devoid of all the other old members) and I may use it fart around in the slime tube. If you see me hopping in and out of the clan when I am in aftercore, that will be why.

blisterguy
Master of the Coin

Postby blisterguy » Mon Jul 08, 2013 5:11 am

Welcome!

I also started in 2004, and stopped playing for over 5 years from 2006 to 2011-ish. It's crazy how much has changed, huh?

nevs
Just Plain Old Pie

Postby nevs » Mon Jul 15, 2013 12:48 pm

Hello,

my KoL name is nevs, I started playing KoL in 2008 and was mostly doing SC speed ascensions, I took a 4 year break at the end of 2009 but rediscovered the game when i was looking through files on my old laptop. I come back to KoL about 3 months ago and I'm slowly getting back into speed ascending (mostly HC). I was in a hearty guild back then which still exists but chat is kinda dead there now.

In reallife I'm a 34 yr old programmer from Dresden, Germany.

lotsofphil
Leader of rum ham

Postby lotsofphil » Mon Jul 15, 2013 1:06 pm

Hey nevs! What sort of programming?

nevs
Just Plain Old Pie

Postby nevs » Mon Jul 15, 2013 1:24 pm

Language wise my personal favourite is Python, but I also do C, Java, SQL, Ruby, Lua, JavaScript and a couple others.
At my job I'm doing mostly database related programming.

Ceirdwyn
Hug Duchess

Postby Ceirdwyn » Mon Jul 15, 2013 1:36 pm

nevs wrote:In reallife I'm a 34 yr old programmer from Dresden, Germany.

Oh a fellow german :) Welcome to the clan nevs!

Mai
oh hai

Postby Mai » Mon Jul 15, 2013 1:45 pm

Hey Nevs, great to have you around! Welcome =)

maddsurgeon
Fie the Pie

Postby maddsurgeon » Mon Jul 15, 2013 2:07 pm

Welcome nevs, Caspanion, and others!

pyngpyng
Just Plain Old Pie

Postby pyngpyng » Tue Jul 16, 2013 3:46 am

Hey guys,

This is pyngpyng. I'm a anti-malware engineer which means I get to look at assembly code all day everyday. I'm harumph's RL friend and I'm also the one that got him to play KOL.

Draco Cracona
Gatekeeper of Hell

Postby Draco Cracona » Tue Jul 16, 2013 4:44 am

pyng wrote:Hey guys,

This is pyngpyng. I'm a anti-malware engineer which means I get to look at assembly code all day everyday. I'm harumph's RL friend and I'm also the one that got him to play KOL.

Welcome, Pyng :)

zoombini
Just Plain Old Pie

Postby zoombini » Fri Jul 19, 2013 1:32 pm

Hey, I'm a longtime (7 years) KoL player who back back after 2.5 years now that the sea is done. IRL I'm a data analyst for a health care company in Chicago. Looking forward to spading/speeding with you all.

Draco Cracona
Gatekeeper of Hell

Postby Draco Cracona » Sat Jul 20, 2013 3:33 am

Welcome, Zoombini :)

PsyMar
Spy vs. Pie

Postby PsyMar » Mon Sep 09, 2013 3:15 am

Hello, my name is PsyMar. I am primarily interested in HC speedrunning and in acquiring things -- my display case aims to have one of everything but I've been lazy on that front while I focus on the speedrunning. I've also been doing some slime tube runs to finance all this. My *original* account I created just before NS-11 came out; then I ascended HCO, and quickly got bored and the account got deleted. My next account I created just before NS-13 came out, and I'm not sure whether that's the current one or if it also got deleted before I made this one. They were both, however, also named PsyMar.

I used to have no idea how people went so fast; then I joined a BHY contest back when BHY was the in thing. Prior, my fastest ascension (and only my second non-bad-moon HC ascension) had been a 14/1739 (I must have taken a few days off, or maybe not as I'm not sure I had pastamastery and it was a TT run so no good booze); my first BHY run was a 8/1632, but what got me going really fast was during WotSF when someone suggested that I perm Smooth Movement and Sonata of Sneakiness. This got me down to 5/1091 during Fistcore. Boris was so easy I started chaining 4-day runs until I got burned out and quit for a while. I tried a zombie slayer run but didn't like it; then I entered a recent Trendy contest; then I tried BIG!.

In BIG!, I can regularly chain 4-day HC runs, and was doing so while working towards the professional tour guide trophy (already have amateur). My record run is a 4/776 HC Big! started on the last day that you could fax smut orc perverts. My only ascension since that was my first Jarlsberg run, and I may need some more advice on Jarlsberg as I'm not sure how 9/1222 ranks for a no-skill Jarlsberg run (thank god for the Super Weight-Gain 9000 I got at random, made beating This Guy trivial). That run also contained my first (two) towerkills (I didn't have enough stuns for a third -- did I completely space out summoning snowflakes several days? I may never know; but I only had 4 at the end of the run. I did decide to save my final-day summons, though, since I had all the tower items anyway.)

As for me in real life, I'm a math/CS double major with a part-time job that I haven't actually done any work at lately because I've had constant migraines for 19 months straight (no, I can't believe it either). Actually, this is month 20 come to think of it. Yes, I've seen a doctor (about 5 of them) and I have medicine (it helps some, but I still have some pain, and it also leaves me feeling dazed.) I've got a few treatments lined up that are sounding more promising to help than all the previous ones, however. Real-life hobbies, when not in pain, include chess, golf, and bowling. Edit: Also, I enjoy video games. Mostly Nintendo but I also have a PS2. I also enjoy roguelikes such as NetHack, Shiren the Wanderer, Pokemon Mystery Dungeon, and Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup.

Oh, and I'm 25, but I first got on IRC when I was 10 I think, so I have a bit more patience for lamz0r n00bs than I would otherwise -- but I tend to be impatient in general, so it balances out.
If you're going through Hell, keep going. -- Winston Churchill
We apologise for the inconvenience. -- God's Last Message To His Creation
If something cannot go wrong at all, it will go wrong in a very spectacular way. -- Washu
If at first you don't succeed, redefine success. If at first you do succeed try to hide your astonishment. -- Washu

littlelolligagged
Leader of Heck

Postby littlelolligagged » Mon Sep 09, 2013 7:36 am

Nice to see you here :)

zmb
Spy vs. Pie

Postby zmb » Thu Sep 26, 2013 7:44 pm

Hi, I'm zmb and those letters have no actual significance. My real name is bill. I've been playing Kol for nearly 3 years and recently have taken more of an interest in HC. I'd also like to collect the brimstone set, but I still haven't recovered from my black cat run.

LeafyGreens
Inscrutable Pi

Postby LeafyGreens » Fri Sep 27, 2013 1:50 am

Welcome Psymar and zmb!!

DidloDiddly
Pie of the Sky

Postby DidloDiddly » Thu Oct 31, 2013 11:57 am

Howdy everyone, I'm DidloDiddly, folks call me Didlo or DD in game, IRL I'm Yinan. I work as a character performer for WDW in Orlando, FL.

I've been with this game since 2005 on and off (I've taken two breaks of almost 2-3 years in between) but started prepping for this year's DiTR, and that's why I'm back with a passion! I've had a ton of Mr. Store items built up over the years thanks to the Spectral Pickle Factory and MMG, and have a great interest in optimizing as much as I can and trying the craploads of new content since I've last been here!

Return to “Introductions”