Hardcore Ed Script Ascending (Ascends various paths suboptimally)

For script writing
MooTiger
Just Plain Old Pie

Re: Hardcore Ed Script Ascending (Ascends various paths suboptimally)

Post by MooTiger » Mon Oct 16, 2017 4:02 am

Hey CC, I know you've mentioned this elsewhere in the thread that familiar usage was something yet to optimize, but in case this is different thinking to your ideas.

Would it be better to have a "prefered familiar" rather than blacklist familiars ..

so you can specify
itemdrop/fairy type = "persons familiar of choice"
statgain/volley type = "barrel mimic"

etc etc ..

script can then call the if exist var: use var else: use its existing rules.

i was trying to blacklist all my item drop familiars so that it'd pick exo skele, but since its not yet in the iotm2017 list i dont tihnk it found it. so went back to the first on my blacklist being the jumpsuited hounddog (in non combat areas).

cheesecookie
Inscrutable Pi

Post by cheesecookie » Mon Oct 16, 2017 1:38 pm

MooTiger wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2017 4:02 am
Hey CC, I know you've mentioned this elsewhere in the thread that familiar usage was something yet to optimize, but in case this is different thinking to your ideas.

Would it be better to have a "prefered familiar" rather than blacklist familiars ..

so you can specify
itemdrop/fairy type = "persons familiar of choice"
statgain/volley type = "barrel mimic"

etc etc ..

script can then call the if exist var: use var else: use its existing rules.

i was trying to blacklist all my item drop familiars so that it'd pick exo skele, but since its not yet in the iotm2017 list i dont tihnk it found it. so went back to the first on my blacklist being the jumpsuited hounddog (in non combat areas).
You can still 100% it. It currently has no knowledge of the XO Skeleton (I have no idea what the thing does). So, you can blacklist everything and it won't change much.

oxc wrote:
Sun Oct 15, 2017 7:38 am
Today the script adventured to Level 13 in my (high-skill) Hardcore Ed run, without solving the F'cle quest, because it did not have a Talisman of Horus. Any idea what might have caused this? It had sufficient KA coins to buy one.
Do you have any idea where it may have used existing Talisman of Horus? I suspect the change in the combat modifier handler may have used one prematurely, not 100% sure why it didn't try to get a replacement though.

Nachunte wrote:
Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:02 am
While running the script on HCCS I got an error message along the lines of: could not find the correct hat, aborting LA_community service.

(I cant find the error message in my logs :-( )

Apparently, I didn't have the correct hat for the buff and the script aborted (rerunning had the same result)

Bypassed by commenting line 1289: " #cli_execute("hatter 12");" in cc_community_service.ash.
I can put a check around that, I think chewing gum on a string has always given me the hat if I was missing it, which is a helmet turtle (spaces don't count I guess) in this case, unless I don't understand the hatter syntax.

Amn wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:10 pm
Thanks for the reply, it is probably related to not gaining enough stats from what I could see (third option - I think it was completed and I think I had enough crude). My ML is usually +10 while running the script, for info. Having said that, how will this get better with more runs (I already get the "ML increase skill" quite early)? I only have the VIP key of the listed IOTMs, but I should still be able to do 4-5 days if I have understood everything correctly and that does not seem to add up with my low stat gains.

Also, at the time of having spent 50 turns at the Oil Peak I did have "The Goblin King Quest" as well as Twin Peak (part requiring +item) and A-Boo Peak (granted my HP was only 60-70) left. Perhaps there is a reason for the script wanting to power-level as opposed to complete those though?

EDIT: I also had the part of Spooky Mansion left where you need sufficient pool skill to access the room with writing desks left, so I completed the mansion manually. I guess this was also something the script wanted to leave for later as opposed to not being able to complete it? If this holds true (as well as the other areas mentioned above) then I guess the only problem could be too little stat gains (hopefully that's it).
The Goblin King has an issue with some logic around a YR and not being able to give up in an orderly fashion. If you didn't have enough item for Twin Peak, it should avoid that, similar with A-Boo.

If the script thinks you can't win at pool, it won't do it.

tansiq
Just Plain Old Pie

Post by tansiq » Tue Oct 24, 2017 12:44 pm

When I try to run cc_edtheUndying, I get this erro

Function 'tootGetMeat( )' undefined. This script may require a more recent version of KoLmafia and/or its supporting scripts. (cc_edTheUndying.ash, line 113).

I have the most up to date Mafia. Is there a way to skip tootgetmeet?

EDIT: I think I got it, I wasn't running cc_ascend, seems to be working now

EDIT2: I keep only adventuring in the Outskirts of Cobb's Knob and then aborting the script. Is there something I can do to fix this?

cheesecookie
Inscrutable Pi

Post by cheesecookie » Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:20 pm

tansiq wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2017 12:44 pm

EDIT2: I keep only adventuring in the Outskirts of Cobb's Knob and then aborting the script. Is there something I can do to fix this?
More info is needed. "aborting the script" doesn't tell me much.

tansiq
Just Plain Old Pie

Post by tansiq » Tue Oct 24, 2017 6:19 pm

cheesecookie wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:20 pm

More info is needed. "aborting the script" doesn't tell me much.
It says that I have spent more than 50 adventures at The Outskirts of Cobb's Knob, and that I should think about adventuring else where and stops the script, and I can turn on the Newb thing in the settings to stop it once, however even when I do that I still get the message. I can try to get the exact wording after rollover for you if you want.

EDIT: I manually went through Cobb's Knob and it seemed to fix it. However Now Barrrney's Barr is having the same problem

Postadventure skipped by standard adventure handler.
Turn(314): Starting with 97 left at Level: 9
Encounter: 0.0 Exp Bonus: 8.8375
Meat Drop: 0.0 Item Drop: 0.0
HP: 8/52, MP: 277/277
Tummy: 0/5 Liver: 0/4 Spleen: 20/35
ML: 10 control: 10
Ka Coins: 114 Lashes used: 2
Delay between adventures... beep boop...
Countdown: 1 second...
Waiting completed.
Putting on chef's hat...
Equipment changed.
You can set cc_newbieOverride = true to bypass this once.
We have spent over 50 turns at 'Barrrney's Barrr' and that is bad... aborting.

cheesecookie
Inscrutable Pi

Post by cheesecookie » Wed Oct 25, 2017 7:18 pm

tansiq wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2017 6:19 pm

It says that I have spent more than 50 adventures at The Outskirts of Cobb's Knob, and that I should think about adventuring else where and stops the script, and I can turn on the Newb thing in the settings to stop it once, however even when I do that I still get the message. I can try to get the exact wording after rollover for you if you want.

We have spent over 50 turns at 'Barrrney's Barrr' and that is bad... aborting.
I'm not sure what is going on that you are stuck spending so many adventures.

Any idea of where you were in the pirate quest when this happened?

tansiq
Just Plain Old Pie

Post by tansiq » Wed Oct 25, 2017 7:25 pm

cheesecookie wrote:
Wed Oct 25, 2017 7:18 pm

I'm not sure what is going on that you are stuck spending so many adventures.

Any idea of where you were in the pirate quest when this happened?
I believe that it is happening after I get the Orcish Frat House blueprints, but before I actually use the blueprints part of the quest.

Amn
Just Plain Old Pie

Post by Amn » Fri Oct 27, 2017 1:35 am

Is it possible to set the item the script chooses from the Clan Floundry? If I use the astral belt I'm thinking the carpe would be better than the codpiece since I need some sort of MP-regeneration, right? Considering using the astral ring instead of the astral belt, as you say for "easy mode", but then again the biggest issue I have is insufficient stat gains (e.g. +ML) so the astral belt is better in that regard.

cheesecookie
Inscrutable Pi

Post by cheesecookie » Fri Oct 27, 2017 4:39 pm

Amn wrote:
Fri Oct 27, 2017 1:35 am
Is it possible to set the item the script chooses from the Clan Floundry? If I use the astral belt I'm thinking the carpe would be better than the codpiece since I need some sort of MP-regeneration, right? Considering using the astral ring instead of the astral belt, as you say for "easy mode", but then again the biggest issue I have is insufficient stat gains (e.g. +ML) so the astral belt is better in that regard.
The script doesn't take anything from the Floundry by default. You had to set it to take the codpiece. You can set it to take whatever you want, that doesn't mean the script will be aware enough to use it.

adjutantavocado
Just Plain Old Pie

Post by adjutantavocado » Fri Oct 27, 2017 4:50 pm

Hello Cheesecookie, I've been using your script on an alt to test out its Ed script, specifically on a new account with no perms and no IOTMs. It seems to struggle greatly in an Ed run. What kind of logs would you need to see in order to better understand the issue?

Thanks for your continued update.

Amn
Just Plain Old Pie

Post by Amn » Sat Oct 28, 2017 12:49 pm

cheesecookie wrote:
Fri Oct 27, 2017 4:39 pm
Amn wrote:
Fri Oct 27, 2017 1:35 am
The script doesn't take anything from the Floundry by default. You had to set it to take the codpiece. You can set it to take whatever you want, that doesn't mean the script will be aware enough to use it.
Ah, I see. Found the entry. What do you think would be better, astral ring and codpiece (a lot of myst. and damge with decent automatic MP regeneration) or astral belt and codpiece (myst., damage and +ML, but no automatic MP regeneration)? Perhpas astral ring and tunac (MP regeneration and +ML, but with a side-effect of "monster willbe more attracted to you")? I will try around to see what works at about 10 starting skill points, but if you have any input, that'd be appreciated.

Amn
Just Plain Old Pie

Post by Amn » Mon Oct 30, 2017 1:34 am

Hey again Cheese,

Two things from my latest run (just let me know if you want any logs):

- The script aquired the codpiece from the floundry; however, when the codpiece was set in acc. slot 1, it did not put on the astral ring. It worked when I manually equipped the astral ring in a different slot though.

- My bottle neck is stat gains; however, the script does not make use of Blessing og Serqet, so I manually stop it from time to time and apply this skill. I assume many others struggle with this as well? How is everyone else receiving enough stats to close out a 3-day run?

cheesecookie
Inscrutable Pi

Post by cheesecookie » Sat Nov 04, 2017 11:13 pm

Amn wrote:
Sat Oct 28, 2017 12:49 pm

Ah, I see. Found the entry. What do you think would be better, astral ring and codpiece (a lot of myst. and damge with decent automatic MP regeneration) or astral belt and codpiece (myst., damage and +ML, but no automatic MP regeneration)? Perhpas astral ring and tunac (MP regeneration and +ML, but with a side-effect of "monster willbe more attracted to you")? I will try around to see what works at about 10 starting skill points, but if you have any input, that'd be appreciated.
I honestly have no idea. I haven't done an Ed run in ages. I need to do one to test some stuff but I don't have the time to evaluate a run log right now.
Amn wrote:
Mon Oct 30, 2017 1:34 am
Hey again Cheese,

Two things from my latest run (just let me know if you want any logs):

- The script aquired the codpiece from the floundry; however, when the codpiece was set in acc. slot 1, it did not put on the astral ring. It worked when I manually equipped the astral ring in a different slot though.

- My bottle neck is stat gains; however, the script does not make use of Blessing og Serqet, so I manually stop it from time to time and apply this skill. I assume many others struggle with this as well? How is everyone else receiving enough stats to close out a 3-day run?
The priority of the accessory slots is strange. At some point it'll be all meshed into one big pool but for now, it rates per slot and tries to use them for particular purposes.

Serqet is gated by a level 3 requirement, having upgraded legs or CI and a minimum of 15 edPoints.

adjutantavocado
Just Plain Old Pie

Post by adjutantavocado » Sun Nov 05, 2017 2:45 am

Hello Cheesecookie, could you please share what's the optimal ascension set up (hotdog/pilsner/energydrink, astral pet, class) for HC Community Service?

Which perms and what iotms are required, and which ones are recommended?

Thanks in advance.

cheesecookie
Inscrutable Pi

Post by cheesecookie » Sun Nov 05, 2017 1:27 pm

adjutantavocado wrote:
Sun Nov 05, 2017 2:45 am
Hello Cheesecookie, could you please share what's the optimal ascension set up (hotdog/pilsner/energydrink, astral pet, class) for HC Community Service?

Thanks in advance.
This description is 2 years old but gives an idea of what used to be required http://forums.kingdomofloathing.com/vb/ ... tcount=345

Optimal depends on what you have though, the script is tolerant of missing a lot of things but it isn't perfect and I don't know what hiccups it hits (I think it works without a Chateau even though I can't really figure out why, for example).

Pilsners are mandatory, astral pet sweater is best but take the astral ring if you have less stuff. You must be a Sauceror. I will not work around the Sauceror thing.

Curse of Weaksauce, Itchy Curse Finger, Soul Saucery + Cannelloni Cannon or Saucestorm are the primary combat suite that makes Sauceror work as well as it does.

The majority of skills/IotMs are used (I am behind on the XO Skeleton but the Pantogram Pants are used) and potentially useful. There is only a small set of skills required if you have all the IotMs, and of course, more skills required as you have less IotMs.

capn castom
Pie of the Sky

Post by capn castom » Mon Nov 06, 2017 3:00 pm

Ive noticed that the script has started using the intergnat's "WITH SCIENCE!" skill rational thought in combat when available.
Thats usually cool, except when fighting a dairy goat, or lfm, or ghost, etc. . . all of which Ive had the misfortune of experiencing.
For now I just keep the intergnat blacklisted unless Im micromanaging.

cheesecookie
Inscrutable Pi

Post by cheesecookie » Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:01 pm

capn castom wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2017 3:00 pm
Ive noticed that the script has started using the intergnat's "WITH SCIENCE!" skill rational thought in combat when available.
Thats usually cool, except when fighting a dairy goat, or lfm, or ghost, etc. . . all of which Ive had the misfortune of experiencing....
Took me a moment to realize you meant a Ghost and not a <Protonic Ghost>. If you'd be so inclined to make a list of all of the relevant monsters (you can kmail me, you know how to reach me anyway), that would totes be helpful and I can toss it together into some gating code that says: Bad pie, no SCIENCE / cudgel / cigar?, whatever else destroys drops.

Full disclosure, exploding the barrel of gunpowder drops was an attempt to permakill your character.

Hoaxmetal
Just Plain Old Pie

Post by Hoaxmetal » Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:01 am

New record, 3 Day 666 Turn HC Standard. Currently working on perming missing Disco Bandit skills, but the script doesn't use disco dance moves which is a shame because there are bunch of passives that go with them.

cheesecookie
Inscrutable Pi

Post by cheesecookie » Tue Nov 07, 2017 5:49 pm

Hoaxmetal wrote:
Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:01 am
New record, 3 Day 666 Turn HC Standard. Currently working on perming missing Disco Bandit skills, but the script doesn't use disco dance moves which is a shame because there are bunch of passives that go with them.
Just like Pastamancer, I don't understand Disco Bandit. I have no idea how to do combat with them.

adjutantavocado
Just Plain Old Pie

Post by adjutantavocado » Wed Nov 08, 2017 12:11 am

cheesecookie wrote:
Sun Nov 05, 2017 1:27 pm
adjutantavocado wrote:
Sun Nov 05, 2017 2:45 am

Thanks in advance.
This description is 2 years old but gives an idea of what used to be required http://forums.kingdomofloathing.com/vb/ ... tcount=345

Optimal depends on what you have though, the script is tolerant of missing a lot of things but it isn't perfect and I don't know what hiccups it hits (I think it works without a Chateau even though I can't really figure out why, for example).

Pilsners are mandatory, astral pet sweater is best but take the astral ring if you have less stuff. You must be a Sauceror. I will not work around the Sauceror thing.

Curse of Weaksauce, Itchy Curse Finger, Soul Saucery + Cannelloni Cannon or Saucestorm are the primary combat suite that makes Sauceror work as well as it does.

The majority of skills/IotMs are used (I am behind on the XO Skeleton but the Pantogram Pants are used) and potentially useful. There is only a small set of skills required if you have all the IotMs, and of course, more skills required as you have less IotMs.

Thank you very much! Btw I tried to use the script and brute forced HC CS without the prep you mentioned above, and I still managed 4 days with a Sauceror, so I'm pretty happy. Here are the perms and IOTMs I have: http://cheesellc.com/kol/profile.php?u=douchette

Cheers!

cheesecookie
Inscrutable Pi

Post by cheesecookie » Wed Nov 08, 2017 1:47 pm

capn castom wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2017 3:00 pm
Thats usually cool, except when fighting a dairy goat, or lfm, or ghost, etc. . . all of which Ive had the misfortune of experiencing.
For now I just keep the intergnat blacklisted unless Im micromanaging.
Got your kmail, didn't realize there was so much. I appreciate the work, I'll put it in over the weekend.

adjutantavocado
Just Plain Old Pie

Post by adjutantavocado » Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:31 am

Hello cheesecookie, I've noticed that during an Ed's run when the script is on The Orc Chasm quest, it'll attempt to maximise for "spooky res, cold res, -equip snow suit" during the A-Boo Peak portion, and then wear this "outfit" around doing other quests if the A-Boo Peak isn't finished. I think it's waiting for 3x A-Boo Clues, or higher overall resistances.

adjutantavocado
Just Plain Old Pie

Post by adjutantavocado » Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:38 am

I'm in an HC Ed and the script keeps sending me back to Outskirts of Cobb's Knob even though I've finished the goblin king quest and the pretentious artist quest :s

cheesecookie
Inscrutable Pi

Post by cheesecookie » Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:57 pm

adjutantavocado wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:31 am
Hello cheesecookie, I've noticed that during an Ed's run when the script is on The Orc Chasm quest, it'll attempt to maximise for "spooky res, cold res, -equip snow suit" during the A-Boo Peak portion, and then wear this "outfit" around doing other quests if the A-Boo Peak isn't finished. I think it's waiting for 3x A-Boo Clues, or higher overall resistances.
Yeah.. hmm. Seems like that could happen. I know a little more about what is going on there that I might be able to fix it.
adjutantavocado wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:38 am
I'm in an HC Ed and the script keeps sending me back to Outskirts of Cobb's Knob even though I've finished the goblin king quest and the pretentious artist quest :s
Can you tell me what it says when it is going back there? It should be mentioning what it is trying to do.

Side question: Is there some reason you are doing the pretentious artist quest? It's like... not a good thing.

Xande1
Just Plain Old Pie

Post by Xande1 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 8:15 am

<zaps thread with his rod of resurrection>

Hi, Cheesecookie, I'm back after an extended hiatus. Just jumped one of my multis into an Ed run with your script (its the end of day 1 right now), and I've hit a snag.

The script spent something like 150 turns in the hippy camp. By the time I noticed what was going on, it had all the body upgrades it wanted to buy, full 35/35 spleen, etc., and like 130 excess Ka, and the hippy outfit, but was still adventuring in the camp. I interrupted it with ESC, and restarted it, and when it restarted, it immediately went to the pirate's cove just fine, so no idea what was up there. I don't mind sending/attaching logs, if it'll help, I just need to know which bit of the log you want to see (or all of it). (For the record, I checked the several turns previous to my interrupting the run, and it hadn't just gotten the last outfit piece on the turn I interrupted it on by chance or anything.)

Also, protip: don't eat a sleeping dog as Ed if you don't have a chateau. The script can't rest in the chateau (you don't have it), and can't rest in your campground (you don't have one, because Ed), and falls into an infinite loop when trying to use up its free rests. :(

Anyway, I said it before, but I'll say it again, thanks so much for all the work you do on the snapshot script, the ascension script, and the batfellow script! (I'm sure there are other things you maintain, but those are the ones that save my life regularly.)

cheesecookie
Inscrutable Pi

Post by cheesecookie » Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:21 pm

Xande1 wrote:
Fri Jan 05, 2018 8:15 am

The script spent something like 150 turns in the hippy camp. By the time I noticed what was going on, it had all the body upgrades it wanted to buy, full 35/35 spleen, etc., and like 130 excess Ka, and the hippy outfit, but was still adventuring in the camp. I interrupted it with ESC, and restarted it, and when it restarted, it immediately went to the pirate's cove just fine, so no idea what was up there. I don't mind sending/attaching logs, if it'll help, I just need to know which bit of the log you want to see (or all of it). (For the record, I checked the several turns previous to my interrupting the run, and it hadn't just gotten the last outfit piece on the turn I interrupted it on by chance or anything.)

Also, protip: don't eat a sleeping dog as Ed if you don't have a chateau. The script can't rest in the chateau (you don't have it), and can't rest in your campground (you don't have one, because Ed), and falls into an infinite loop when trying to use up its free rests. :(

Anyway, I said it before, but I'll say it again, thanks so much for all the work you do on the snapshot script, the ascension script, and the batfellow script! (I'm sure there are other things you maintain, but those are the ones that save my life regularly.)
I'm not sure what is going on with 150 turns in the hippy camp, that seems like an obvious, uh oh situation. A log might help me, might as well just send all of it so I don't have to think about what I need :D A pastebin and a kmailed link would be great :D

I fixed the sleeping dog thing (and in HCCS too, I never checked for a chateau). The infinite loop is terrible and I couldn't figure it out aside from you mentioning "can't rest in your campground". I think I've fixed that now. We'll see.

Thanks for the report! r1282

Arbos
Just Plain Old Pie

Post by Arbos » Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:35 am

Hello,

I just resumed ascending after pausing for Crimbo and encountered something unexpected when I ran this script, after starting a HC, Seal Clubber, Std ascension: the script only consumed three Sacramento wines on day one. It ended for the day with fifteen food and twelve drink left to fill.

I ate and drank manually, ran the script again, and kept going without problem.

I chose astral pilsners from Vahalla.

I can supply the session log if you think it would help.

Thank you for the time you put into this script.

Edit:

Day two - same behavior on day two. The script consumed four Sacramento wines and that was all.
Ran out of meat a few time when the script tried to buy restoratives. Had to stop the script and wish for meat.
Script aborted due to lack of stone wool. Manually farmed and continued.

Arbos

cheesecookie
Inscrutable Pi

Post by cheesecookie » Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:01 am

Arbos wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:35 am
...I just resumed ascending after pausing for Crimbo and encountered something unexpected when I ran this script, after starting a HC, Seal Clubber, Std ascension: the script only consumed three Sacramento wines on day one. It ended for the day with fifteen food and twelve drink left to fill...
Day two - same behavior on day two. The script consumed four Sacramento wines and that was all.
Ran out of meat a few time when the script tried to buy restoratives. Had to stop the script and wish for meat.
Script aborted due to lack of stone wool. Manually farmed and continued.

Arbos
The consumption part is normal behavior, feed it and resume is always what I tell people.

I'll have to look into the restorative thing (maybe kmailing that log will help).

The stone wool thing is new, in the past, we've relied on the deck, pulls or Lucky Lindy for the Semi-Rare (and of course, correct timing). So, I'll have to get back to you on this one.

Arbos
Just Plain Old Pie

Post by Arbos » Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:03 am

Day One log: https://pastebin.com/vXQw4NPw

Day Two:
Here's the session log with the recovery and stone wool issues: https://pastebin.com/2nN4Krgx

Day Three:
The script never got a UV Compass for the shore or opened the Hidden City so it aborted in confusion. After manually getting the compass and opening the zone it was able to continue. Here's the log: https://pastebin.com/hp0EhGzk

Even with all the above it completed the run in 640 turns. :D

Would you entertain the idea of allowing the use of a consumption script as part of the script configuration? Eatdrink perhaps?

Thank you,

Arbos

Arbos
Just Plain Old Pie

Post by Arbos » Mon Jan 15, 2018 5:04 am

Observations from a HC TT Std run:

Would you consider allowing, as an option, a user-supplied CCS?
Consider using a wish for blessed rustproof +2 gray dragon scale mail?

Day One
  • Ran out of MP in the first LOV Tunnel encounter
  • Ran out of meat for recovery in the Beanbat Chamber - had to wish for meat
  • At the end of the day I ate a fortune cookie, manually, to prep for tomorrow
Day Two
  • Since I ate and drank manually on Day One that involved purchasing, and using, a Dramatic Range. The script too advantage of that and ate to fullness.
  • Script checked at the beginning of the day for enough meat to buy an antique accordion, failed, and never checked again. Purchased before drinking manually
  • Kept getting beaten up in the F'cle due to not enough meat to recover properly - had to wish for meat
  • The fortune cookie on Day One paid off. The script got the SR at the Temple and three stone wool.
  • Script could have taken advantage of the Hole in the Sky - Space Jellyfish NC but did not. Something to consider?
  • Not enough meat to purchase Forged Identification Documents. Script resorted to "Powerleveling mode". Wished for meat to continue.
  • Script could have used time-spinner to fight a second gaudy pirate but did not. Something to consider?
  • Ran out of meat for recovery again during the Trapper Quest, climbing the Icy Peak. Wished for meat.
  • Ran out of meat in the Hidden Park. Wished for meat - last wish available.
Day three
  • Visited The Shore and purchased a UV Compass manually - just in case
  • Ate a fortune cookie - just in case
  • Got the Stone Rose from the Oasis, while looking for a drum machine, but the script didn't turn it in to Gnasir

adjutantavocado
Just Plain Old Pie

Post by adjutantavocado » Mon Jan 15, 2018 5:19 pm

cheesecookie wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:57 pm
adjutantavocado wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:31 am
Yeah.. hmm. Seems like that could happen. I know a little more about what is going on there that I might be able to fix it.
adjutantavocado wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:38 am
Can you tell me what it says when it is going back there? It should be mentioning what it is trying to do.

Side question: Is there some reason you are doing the pretentious artist quest? It's like... not a good thing.
Hello Cheesecookie, sorry for not replying for a while.
For the second issue, I think the script is farming for Ka at the Outskirts. And I was doing the pretentious quest because I'm still pretty new and didn't know that it's not ideal :p
Thanks for looking into the first issue with the A-Boo Peak.

Also I noticed an issue with the LOV Entrance and HC Ed. Because Ed doesn't get the heals in between rounds of combats at the LOV Entrance, I often get beat up at the end of the LOV. And the script can't handle the fact that I got 0 hp and can't UNDYING during the LOV combats.

Arbos
Just Plain Old Pie

Post by Arbos » Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:05 am

Feedback from a HC Std - Pastamancer run:

Day One:
  • Ran out of meat for recovery - wished for meat
  • Script also tried and failed to make a meatcar, due to lack of meat. Created manually
  • Script halted with "Potentially unable to do anything while waiting on digitized writing desks." Adventured in the Haunted Library, manually, until I
    fought three more writing desks and got the necklace
  • Ate a fortune cookie - paid off with the SR in the temple and stone wool
  • Purchased, and installed, a Dramatic Range at the end of the day
Day Two:
  • Got a UV Compass manually
  • Ate a fortune cookie manually
  • The script ate to ten fullness
Day Three:
  • Ate a fortune cookie manually
  • Script tried to go through the Nijna Snowman Assassins with a +5% combat modifier. Then it gave up, with only one Ninja Snowman Assassin left to go AND ran out of meat for recovery. Wished for meat.

Edit - Feedback from a HC Std Sauceror run

This is the only Std run this year where I didn't run out of meat for recovery at any point. In fact I had more than 50K meat at the end of the run.
Eating fortune cookies manually seems to help as does getting the UV compass manually

Two thoughts: Get and save a Witchness horseradish, or two, for the Nuns. In two out of four runs the script couldn't get enough +meat to make doing the nuns an effective strategy.

The script tried to use Saucegeyser to towerkill the Wall of Bones without shrugging things like Scarysauce.