Auto-Hamster Script

For script writing
bumcheekcity
AFH

Auto-Hamster Script

Post by bumcheekcity » Sun Jan 10, 2010 5:45 am

This is mainly a holding topic for a project when my exams end, inspired by the multiple friendly offers of help I got when I asked you guys to help me get a Hamster.

A script that, when run on 7 people's characters, automatically adventures to get the hamster.
- Will connect to my website to read and write the status.
- Will parse the log page and Richard to find out how many parts have been collected.
- Will buy sewer items as necessary.
- Will not bother with a cage bait. People can do that manually, it's not hard.
  • Have people open grates through the sewers, then tell the website that all 20 grates are opened.
  • Get everyone through the sewers, then tell the website that everyone's through.
  • Make 105 hobo parts each, check for image 12.5 (if not image 12.5, make hobo parts one at a time, blow up schobos, etc.)
  • All 7 Players get to the tent. Band members get in, tell the website they are onstage. Mosher gets in, checks the players are there, and moshes.
  • Kill 100 Hobos.
  • Tent
  • Kill 100 Hobos.
  • Tent
  • Explode 11 Schobos. Check tent. (Make Hobo Part/Check tent as necessary, one part at a time).
  • As soon as tent is open, Mosh.
  • Explode 11 Schobos. Check tent.
  • Mosh
  • And so on.
  • Break at turn 1100 or when everyone's done. Leave the Hodgman Killer to his glory manually.
The idea is that the scripts will constantly request http://bumcheekcity.com/kol/hamster.php ... roughsewer or whatever.

The script will attempt that every 30 seconds. Once everyone IS through the sewer, then the page will tell Boseph to get 105 hobo parts. Once he HAS 105 hobo parts, the script constantly requests http://bumcheekcity.com/kol/hamster.php ... ve105parts. At which point, my website knows that Boseph has his 105 parts, and waits for EVERYONE to have them. As soon as it has confirmation that EVERYONE has their 105 parts, it will tell the leader to blow up the schobos. Then the leader will visit ?action=blewschobos, etc.

lostcalpolydude
Forum Maestro

Re: Auto-Hamster Script

Post by lostcalpolydude » Sun Jan 10, 2010 6:04 am

Cage bait might be done manually, but there needs to be a way to report any grates opened in the process.
bmaher: Softcore character
lostcalpolydude: Hardcore character (abandoned)

bumcheekcity
AFH

Post by bumcheekcity » Sun Jan 10, 2010 7:38 am

Parse the log page for that.

stupac2
Oh my! Guy with Pie!

Post by stupac2 » Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:49 am

Meow and alhifar (sp?) were working on a script that did hamsters. I don't know if they ever finished it, but it came along far enough to ATTEMPT use. I think I have an old-ish copy in my scripts folder.

bumcheekcity
AFH

Post by bumcheekcity » Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:57 am

Could you attach or otherwise let me have a copy of that? Might be a good idea to use that, if there's one available.

stupac2
Oh my! Guy with Pie!

Post by stupac2 » Sun Jan 10, 2010 12:55 pm

There are four files and I don't see how to attach, I will email them if you want.

bumcheekcity
AFH

Post by bumcheekcity » Sun Jan 10, 2010 1:07 pm

That would be great.
Attachments
hamster.zip
(6.76 KiB) Downloaded 218 times
Last edited by bumcheekcity on Sun Jan 10, 2010 4:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.

lostcalpolydude
Forum Maestro

Post by lostcalpolydude » Sun Jan 10, 2010 3:33 pm

stupac2 wrote:I don't see how to attach
Fixed.

stupac2
Oh my! Guy with Pie!

Post by stupac2 » Sun Jan 10, 2010 4:04 pm

Look at that! Thanks lost.

Turias
AFH

Post by Turias » Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:06 am

I've thought about doing a script like this but I haven't had time. My only thought is that if you didn't want to have to worry about your website being up or down (and if you wanted to ever release the script for more wide-spread use), you could use the /hobopolis chat channel for communicating between the bots.

bumcheekcity
AFH

Post by bumcheekcity » Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:14 am

I thought about that, but mafia can't parse chat pages, like it can't parse mall ones.

stupac2
Oh my! Guy with Pie!

Post by stupac2 » Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:00 am

bumcheekcity wrote:I thought about that, but mafia can't parse chat pages, like it can't parse mall ones.
Can it parse mafia chat? I really thought it could.

Alhifar
Just Plain Old Pie

Post by Alhifar » Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:44 am

All the information you could possibly need is contained in the dungeon log and town square pages. It's just a matter of parsing them.

lostcalpolydude
Forum Maestro

Post by lostcalpolydude » Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:59 pm

The dungeon log doesn't show when a band member is on stage and ready, or when they're off the stage. Mafia can parse PMs, so a script could be running on a character not in the run that receives PMs from everyone, parses them, and sends back the appropriate PMs. I think I would rather rely on uptime of an external web server though. Especially if the server code is made available so that another site could be set up if someone wanted/needed to.

bumcheekcity
AFH

Post by bumcheekcity » Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:05 pm

Any pages with "mall" or "chat in the URL are censored by Mafia.

I'm not sure how I would tell people to adventure and then check for the tent one at a time with just parsing the log and town square page. PMs could be done, but that would make the script much more complicated, and would rely on more logic being done in ASH rather than PHP, which would make the script larger and more complicated to work on.

Alhifar
Just Plain Old Pie

Post by Alhifar » Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:07 am

I remember I was able to figure out what classes were on stage. Give me a few minutes to find and look through the notes I have somewhere and I'll be able to help a little more.

EDIT: Aha, I wasn't concerned with figuring out exactly who was on stage the relevant code from the mosher script was:

Code: Select all

visit_url( "choice.php?whichchoice=225&option=2" );
while( !contains_text( visit_url( "choice.php?whichchoice=227&option=1" ) , "A throng of hobos" ) ) wait( 120 );
visit_url( "choice.php?whichchoice=227&option=2" );
Specifically, the second line makes sure that there are six performers on stage. I just noticed that it would break with a SBIP, but I don't think that would be included in most mosher's outfits.
Is there any reason somebody besides the mosher would need to know who is on stage, or that the mosher would need to know exactly which classes were on stage?

stupac2
Oh my! Guy with Pie!

Post by stupac2 » Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:17 am

No, if you see "throng", and provided everyone properly exited last time, you're good.

Incidentally, why the wait command there? And I hope that's not in seconds...

lostcalpolydude
Forum Maestro

Post by lostcalpolydude » Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:21 am

That code says to repeatedly check the page to see if there's a throng yet. It only checks every 2 minutes, rather than hitting the server every 20 seconds to see it's time to perform yet, because it takes time for everyone to reach the stage.

stupac2
Oh my! Guy with Pie!

Post by stupac2 » Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:27 am

Derrr, I read it wrong. Anyway 2 minutes seems kind of long to me, if everyone's paying attention it usually doesn't take that long to hit the tent. I'd bet that with the whole thing botted average is more like 1.

bumcheekcity
AFH

Post by bumcheekcity » Fri Jan 15, 2010 5:53 am

Yeah, stupac's right. You also have to confirm everyone exited the previous tent instance. Which is probably true, but the whole script needs CONSTANT confirmations. I was thinking that most of the "wait" commands could be wait(15 seconds). It won't kill the servers to have a few more hits in a script used by seven people.

Alhifar
Just Plain Old Pie

Post by Alhifar » Fri Jan 15, 2010 6:55 am

I preferred to err on the side of less server hits, but yes, 30 seconds to 1 minute would probably be fine for the wait time.

stupac2
Oh my! Guy with Pie!

Post by stupac2 » Fri Jan 15, 2010 10:22 am

bumcheekcity wrote:Yeah, stupac's right. You also have to confirm everyone exited the previous tent instance. Which is probably true, but the whole script needs CONSTANT confirmations. I was thinking that most of the "wait" commands could be wait(15 seconds). It won't kill the servers to have a few more hits in a script used by seven people.
Really you'd just need to make sure your getting out of the tent script is solid. The typical "Hit exit, go to campground, make sure it loads" can probably be scripted. Then a message to the mosher (or everyone) to let them know you're off.

Manendra
My Pie Blown Sky High

Post by Manendra » Mon Jan 18, 2010 7:16 pm

meOW: hey do you guys remember the hamster scripts?
meOW: we still want to work on them if you guys want to help test them
meOW: so are you guys interested?
Manendra: I think someone mentioned wanting to work on that, meow. bumcheekcity, maybe?
meOW: can you guys ask around and have them kmail me?
meOW: we need 4-5 people and if possible the afh multis if you guys still keep them

bumcheekcity
AFH

Post by bumcheekcity » Tue Jan 19, 2010 3:03 am

I've messaged meOW letting him know i'm available for coding and testing.

stupac2
Oh my! Guy with Pie!

Post by stupac2 » Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:51 am

bumcheekcity wrote:I've messaged meOW letting him know i'm available for coding and testing.
Meow is darth's fiancee. So either she's a she or he's actually gay (she's a she).

Mr Purple
Pie of the Sky

Post by Mr Purple » Tue Jan 18, 2011 2:03 pm

Sorry for the necro. Did anything ever come of this?

My brother and I worked on a script suite a little while back but had to stop due to lack of people to test it. If anyone is interested in reviving the idea, it'd be pretty cool.
Last edited by Mr Purple on Wed Feb 09, 2011 12:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bumcheekcity
AFH

Post by bumcheekcity » Sat Jan 22, 2011 7:52 am

Nope, nothing at all. I wrote an ascension script instead.

I'll have a look at your script - it's always good to see how other people approach problems like this :D

Mr Purple
Pie of the Sky

Post by Mr Purple » Wed Feb 09, 2011 12:21 pm

I don't know how many people read this section of the forums, but in about 3 or so weeks (probably after the SLUTS contest finishes) we'd really like to test this script. We'll be working on improvements in the meantime (yay for a reading week next week) in the way we handle:

1) The sewers. As it stands, the thing may well fuck up if multiple people are hitting Disgustin' Junction at the same time. There seem to be a few solutions to this... just need to pick one.
2) The tent. Seems to make sense to add a few control checks to what people are saying, like making sure the mosher knows 6 people are onstage. That's very simple.
3) Hodge-killing. Never bothered writing that in, but it makes sense to script that too.

We have a few people interested. From the mafia-side of things St. Doodle has already said he'll take part if he can get his instrument first. Grotfang will be running the control script. I've also got a couple of others possibly able to get involved.

It'd be awesome if we could get some mafia-literate people able to help out with the testing of the script. When I say literate, I really mean happy to tell us exactly what your program is saying when the whole thing goes tits up. I know it's a bit of a big ask - there could be a fair time commitment just for everything to fuck up. But it's at a point where there's only so much thinking can go into it and this has sat on our back shelf for a year now :(

If there were people with characters or multis with full code binders, a class instrument and able to overkill hobos, we would love to take a stab at the kingdom's first (as far as I'm aware) fully automated hamster. :)

stupac2
Oh my! Guy with Pie!

Post by stupac2 » Wed Feb 09, 2011 1:29 pm

AFH has a full set of hamster multis, all with full binder and able to overkill (one of each class and a killer). I can't promise them to you, but if someone from AFH wants to run one to help out they will be able to use them.

deedlee
AFH

Post by deedlee » Sat Feb 12, 2011 8:01 pm

I'd be glad to help out where i can when the time is needed :)
deedlee / Old school deedlee

Antipasta
AFH

Post by Antipasta » Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:37 pm

I thought I'd point out that #6's response to a previous hamster script was pretty negative, as reported by grotfang: http://kolmafia.us/showthread.php?1896- ... #post40111

It wasn't decreed to be an explicit violation of the rules that would get anybody banned, but a violation of the TPTB's intent.

Mr Purple
Pie of the Sky

Post by Mr Purple » Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:26 pm

This is that same script. Grot will be the one running the control script. We just want to check that it can be done - not use it for personal gain. At the moment, I have Grot, myself, Alhifar, StDoodle and MrEdge involved. A couple of others from outside too.

DarthDud
Inscrutable Pi

Post by DarthDud » Thu Apr 07, 2011 6:51 am

All kinds of things are against TPTB intent, like metagaming, queue manipulation , some types of speed runs. That didn't stop people before.

I am pretty sure selling the loot wasn't part of their plan either. But it is out there. So what is wrong with bringing in the scripts?

meow

Mr Purple
Pie of the Sky

Post by Mr Purple » Fri May 20, 2011 6:51 am

meOW - we've had a chat and decided these shall be publically released as soon as they are tested. We've tried bugging various people for an official response on what we're doing, but have heard no answer, so are happy to presume that they don't overly care about 3 year old content.

We are now in a position to do a run within a week. Our current line-up has alhifar, grotfang, myself, thagor, magnet0 and mredge73. I'm waiting on a response from slyz and pgrmdave, but even with a positive answer from both of them, we have the bare minimum for a run, and can afford no drop-outs. The best time for people appears to be early evening (EST - around 7). More people willing to help would be hugely appreciated. Any extra characters would be great to use for sewers - our script incorporates an unlimited number of extra accounts to open grates (although one or two are all that are really useful). If anyone who runs mafia is interested in taking part, and getting an early look at the suite of scripts, please do let me know!

FufuBunnySlayer
AFH

Post by FufuBunnySlayer » Mon May 23, 2011 4:00 am

This thread makes me sad. Hopefully, this script will get asked to be pulled from the public (again).

Mr Purple
Pie of the Sky

Post by Mr Purple » Mon May 23, 2011 5:24 am

Why does it make you sad Fufu?

It makes me a little sad that there's a wealth of players out there who think a hamster is only obtainable if they pay a collective 18M meat.

FufuBunnySlayer
AFH

Post by FufuBunnySlayer » Mon May 23, 2011 2:32 pm

The hamster is the one item that you can only get by working with multiple other people at the same time in KoL. It requires true collaboration.

I may be off base here, but this script removes that part, yes? The six non-controllers just leave their account signed in with the script running and instant hamster, yes?

Mr Purple
Pie of the Sky

Post by Mr Purple » Mon May 23, 2011 3:12 pm

FufuBunnySlayer wrote:The hamster is the one item that you can only get by working with multiple other people at the same time in KoL. It requires true collaboration.

I may be off base here, but this script removes that part, yes? The six non-controllers just leave their account signed in with the script running and instant hamster, yes?
Well, they could use the time to talk to eachother and bond about meaningful RL stuff. But I get your point.

Now I'll defend my position. There seem to be two possible ways in which your argument can be interpreted:
1) The zone was designed with collaboration in mind and that needs to be preserved;
2) The fact that collaboration is now marginally reduced makes the experience of hamster runs worse.

1) The intention of the designers is neither here nor there. Scripts exist and, on the whole, people like them. Sham had the skeleton invasion automated and shared within hours, BCC has a script that ascends for you. Even on the lower level of stuff, cosmetic changes break the intention of the user-interface. I use messages.ash to make my messages more readable, yet the game designers put thought and care into how my messages would be read. When we were informed that this script would not be welcome by the developers, we waited a year before we put any more thought into this: now we have received no response to repeated messages, so I think it's probably all right. This stuff is 3 years old or thereabouts.

More than this, collaboration is not really that existant when one is buying a hamster. There's not much socialising: it's a business-like activity. The mechanics of the zone have been broken down and exposed, so people do the job and get out.

2) We do not force people to use these scripts. Actually, they're a bit of faff. The people who use them will be people who will have a better time by using them. If you like the collaborative effort, you're better off taking that route! Think about it... how much would you be pissed off if one member fucks up their settings on the script and messes up the run? 9 times out of 10, manually hamstering will be the better and more fun option. I do not automate ascensions, despite having dj_d's script - never have. I get more out of playing turns by hand, even if that means, as I am now, spending almost a week at level 1 of a new ascension because I can't get in the mood to do anything. I'd rather that than let a script do the work. But I'm not hurt when other people automate their ascensions - I think it's great that such a tool exists! They're happy getting more and more perms, and that's cool.

Let's consider some situations:
a) We're a group of 8 people doing a hamster loop. That takes a while as our schedules are difficult to coordinate. We play the first 5 runs by hand, but come run 6, a few of us have increasing levels of commitment. Why not script a couple of runs to make sure that the last 3 people are not screwed over by their unlucky situation of not being the recipient of the first 5 hamsters?
b) My clan is small and spread over multiple time zones. I want to participate in a planned loop, but there's a narrow window of opportunity and I can't spend 8 nights over 3 weeks up until 4am. Some nights I can, and that's great. Other nights, I run one of the chatbot scripts which the run leader prompts by using the (publically available) leader commands.
c) Everyone else in my clan has a hamster, and not everybody is super-excited to go through the stress, effort and time of a run for me. Automation allows me to get a hamster (a useful piece of equipment) without me losing anything (my alternative was buying one, so still not really involved in the process) and with me getting to spend an hour chatting with my friends.

So I guess my question is this: yes, we remove an element of collaboration from a few people's runs, but only when they opt for that to be the case. Who, beyond possibly those selling hamsters, is hurt by it?

FufuBunnySlayer
AFH

Post by FufuBunnySlayer » Mon May 23, 2011 8:01 pm

Mr Purple wrote: Now I'll defend my position. There seem to be two possible ways in which your argument can be interpreted:
1) The zone was designed with collaboration in mind and that needs to be preserved;
2) The fact that collaboration is now marginally reduced makes the experience of hamster runs worse.

1) The intention of the designers is neither here nor there. Scripts exist and, on the whole, people like them. Sham had the skeleton invasion automated and shared within hours, BCC has a script that ascends for you. Even on the lower level of stuff, cosmetic changes break the intention of the user-interface. I use messages.ash to make my messages more readable, yet the game designers put thought and care into how my messages would be read. When we were informed that this script would not be welcome by the developers, we waited a year before we put any more thought into this: now we have received no response to repeated messages, so I think it's probably all right. This stuff is 3 years old or thereabouts.

More than this, collaboration is not really that existant when one is buying a hamster. There's not much socialising: it's a business-like activity. The mechanics of the zone have been broken down and exposed, so people do the job and get out.
Yes, scripts exist, but I really do see hamsters as a separate case as there has to be seven people online concurrently, paying attention, etc., etc. to get the thing. Buying the hamster is irrelevant as there still have to be seven people online, concurrently, doing the run. Whether the buyer is a part of that or not, is up to the decision of the him or her and the merc group he or she is running with.
Mr Purple wrote: 2) We do not force people to use these scripts. Actually, they're a bit of faff. The people who use them will be people who will have a better time by using them. If you like the collaborative effort, you're better off taking that route! Think about it... how much would you be pissed off if one member fucks up their settings on the script and messes up the run? 9 times out of 10, manually hamstering will be the better and more fun option. I do not automate ascensions, despite having dj_d's script - never have. I get more out of playing turns by hand, even if that means, as I am now, spending almost a week at level 1 of a new ascension because I can't get in the mood to do anything. I'd rather that than let a script do the work. But I'm not hurt when other people automate their ascensions - I think it's great that such a tool exists! They're happy getting more and more perms, and that's cool.
I do not know how to answer the comparison to ascension scripts. At first it made me sad, then it went towards apathy as it was allowed. If this script was allowed, I'd be annoyed, then become apathetic, too. I'd rather the auto-ascension scripts don't exist...but they do, and I don't think anything is going to change by that.
Mr Purple wrote:Let's consider some situations:
a) We're a group of 8 people doing a hamster loop. That takes a while as our schedules are difficult to coordinate. We play the first 5 runs by hand, but come run 6, a few of us have increasing levels of commitment. Why not script a couple of runs to make sure that the last 3 people are not screwed over by their unlucky situation of not being the recipient of the first 5 hamsters?
b) My clan is small and spread over multiple time zones. I want to participate in a planned loop, but there's a narrow window of opportunity and I can't spend 8 nights over 3 weeks up until 4am. Some nights I can, and that's great. Other nights, I run one of the chatbot scripts which the run leader prompts by using the (publically available) leader commands.
c) Everyone else in my clan has a hamster, and not everybody is super-excited to go through the stress, effort and time of a run for me. Automation allows me to get a hamster (a useful piece of equipment) without me losing anything (my alternative was buying one, so still not really involved in the process) and with me getting to spend an hour chatting with my friends.

So I guess my question is this: yes, we remove an element of collaboration from a few people's runs, but only when they opt for that to be the case. Who, beyond possibly those selling hamsters, is hurt by it?
a) I don't really have a response to this other than the heartless: too bad. You get unlucky. This actually happened to me. I did about four runs and lost the roll each time. The others got busy and hamsters were put on the back-burner. I made more friends, kept an ear to the ground, and got my hamster a couple months later doing a loop with a fresh group. (This was years ago before I knew you lovely people.)
b) Ask for people to help you out, ask for more people to help you out, or wait until others are available to help you. I'd be surprised if you couldn't find people to help you out even if you had to do so by search /trade ("Looking for people interested in doing a hamster loop.") or asking on the forums (I think there's still a topic about Hobopolis in community for players looking for clans and clans looking for players.). Put together a list, find a good time, and go do it.
c) See a) and b)

I see the act of buying a hamster as one by someone who is too busy to get one on their own or too impatient. This script does the same thing, but it is not an effort by seven people working together at the same time to achieve a goal; it is an effort by one person with control over seven accounts. That is my issue with it.

Regardless, I'm not interested in a debate as we are seeing this from two different perspectives. My opinion is likely to not change until it turns to apathy if the script is accepted post-release. I just wished to express and explain my distaste with the idea of an auto-hamster script.

Mr Purple
Pie of the Sky

Post by Mr Purple » Mon May 23, 2011 8:38 pm

I'm interested in this discussion, not least because it's a chat that will be had when these scripts are released, so it is certainly worthwhile!

If I'm honest, I'm still a little confused as to why you dislike them - most of what you're saying is that the experience of some (a tiny minority) people will be slightly different from what it is now. All I can really say is that that is probably true. But I don't see the leap from that to the idea that they are bad as a result. As an example, the native game does not automatically craft a talisman o' nam. Crafting that item is designed as part of the game. Mafia does it automatically upon getting the second charm. Has something been lost? The fact that the status quo gets altered is not bad per se. This is why I'm struggling to comprehend your position: you explain how the status quo will be altered (although it does need to be kept in perspective - ascension scripts are hardly used in a wide way) but not why that change is bad.

Given that people have a choice over whether to use them or not, and people playing games tend to choose what makes them have the most fun, I see any difference that arises as being a good thing. I'll be just as content if nobody uses the scripts, because I think the choice not to automate something is made more meaningful when that option exists.

Oh, one more thing just to be clear. All accounts will be automated. There is a control script which sends messages to other accounts, but that is not human-controlled. It was originally called mosher.ash but we may later be allowing the group to decide themselves who is to be mosher. Thus the title leader.ash. There's no value judgment there, simply an acknowledgement of the fact that a series of chatbot scripts requires commands. One could, however, replace that control script with a human player, if one were so inclined.

FufuBunnySlayer
AFH

Post by FufuBunnySlayer » Tue May 24, 2011 4:38 pm

Mr Purple wrote:I'm interested in this discussion, not least because it's a chat that will be had when these scripts are released, so it is certainly worthwhile!

If I'm honest, I'm still a little confused as to why you dislike them - most of what you're saying is that the experience of some (a tiny minority) people will be slightly different from what it is now. All I can really say is that that is probably true. But I don't see the leap from that to the idea that they are bad as a result. As an example, the native game does not automatically craft a talisman o' nam. Crafting that item is designed as part of the game. Mafia does it automatically upon getting the second charm. Has something been lost? The fact that the status quo gets altered is not bad per se. This is why I'm struggling to comprehend your position: you explain how the status quo will be altered (although it does need to be kept in perspective - ascension scripts are hardly used in a wide way) but not why that change is bad.
I dislike them because you're removing the teamwork aspect of acquiring a hamster. That's really it. There's no effort involved by any party.
Mr Purple wrote:Given that people have a choice over whether to use them or not, and people playing games tend to choose what makes them have the most fun, I see any difference that arises as being a good thing. I'll be just as content if nobody uses the scripts, because I think the choice not to automate something is made more meaningful when that option exists.

Oh, one more thing just to be clear. All accounts will be automated. There is a control script which sends messages to other accounts, but that is not human-controlled. It was originally called mosher.ash but we may later be allowing the group to decide themselves who is to be mosher. Thus the title leader.ash. There's no value judgment there, simply an acknowledgement of the fact that a series of chatbot scripts requires commands. One could, however, replace that control script with a human player, if one were so inclined.
Hunh, I was wondering how it was not multi abuse (if it were one person having control over seven accounts) since I know it passed that test the first time around. But because no one is holding the reigns, I can see that it's not. That doesn't really make me feel much better though <_<

Mr Purple
Pie of the Sky

Post by Mr Purple » Tue May 24, 2011 6:36 pm

FufuBunnySlayer wrote:There's no effort involved by any party.
Heh - wait until you see the scripts ;)
FufuBunnySlayer wrote:Hunh, I was wondering how it was not multi abuse (if it were one person having control over seven accounts) since I know it passed that test the first time around. But because no one is holding the reigns, I can see that it's not. That doesn't really make me feel much better though <_<
As I understand it, even were leader.ash to be replaced by a human character, it would still not be considered multi abuse as the accounts are distinct, using different IPs, etc. It would be a little like you telling a friend over the phone where to go and what to do in an ascension.

Thank you for taking the time to explain your point of view. I suspect it is one held by a number of people, no matter how strange I consider it to be! :)

Mr Purple
Pie of the Sky

Post by Mr Purple » Fri May 27, 2011 6:03 am

We have a script up. It broke a few times during testing, but those problems have been resolved, provided people are using up-to-date versions of mafia. It's not very pretty, but produced a hamster in 1085 turns :)

http://kolmafia.us/showthread.php?6754- ... ee-Hamster

Mr Purple
Pie of the Sky

Post by Mr Purple » Tue Aug 27, 2013 2:47 pm

Howdy!

This is more of a thought-experiment than anything, but since producing scripts that do the job much better, I've put together a bunch of scripts that I think would do a 3 band run.

I'm posting this here because I'm not very good with php, and I was wondering if anyone would be kind enough to take a glance over what's been written to see if it would actually work? It'd be hugely appreciated, not least as I have no plans at the moment to actually test this script!
Attachments
hobothreesome.zip
(20.75 KiB) Downloaded 112 times