Autosell script

For script writing
stupac2
Oh my! Guy with Pie!

Autosell script

Post by stupac2 » Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:52 pm

Darth made a comment today about wanting an autosell script to get rid of all the stupid shit you collect during an inventory. So let's make one.

We just need a list of all the shit you encounter during an ascension that has no use whatsoever, and the things that you only ever need a certain number of. So we'd autosell all of the former, to the needed number on the other. I'm going to keep all my shit this ascension and start the list, feel free time add your own too.

ETA: Organization: http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key= ... KHjQ&hl=en

Serra725
AFH

Re: Autosell script

Post by Serra725 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 12:20 am

Is this for use during the run, or after? (For a specific example, how are we counting things that could be fed to a slimeling?)

stupac2
Oh my! Guy with Pie!

Post by stupac2 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 12:42 am

In-run. You'd want to feed stuff to the slimeling before you run it.

Kelemvor
AFH

Post by Kelemvor » Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:42 pm

This sounds awesome, considering about two hours ago I decided to go through my inventory and see if I could scrounge up enough meat to buy funkslinging in-run without selling my dictionary.

I hit 12k somewhere around the G's while keeping both the dictionary and the RDMS. :P

NardoLoopa
Market Manipulator

Post by NardoLoopa » Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:41 pm

A lot of my time is spent pouring over my inventory looking for this crap in run. This is a great idea. It could also be used in conjunction with Mafia -- since mafia supports a "Junk" item list that is used to leverage the Quarks and such.

DarthDud
Inscrutable Pi

Post by DarthDud » Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:46 pm

Initial script version. Quite conservative. The idea is not to unpleasantly surprise the player, ever. Nothing fancy (like checking telescopes to autosell non-needed tower items). Designed for softcore, but should be easily adapted to HC usage with just a few mins of tweaking to your satisfaction.

Not quite finished, missing some zones like DoD, and a few random other things here and there. Should still be useful.

http://narya.lenharth.org/~philipl/KoL/wholesale.txt
Last edited by DarthDud on Thu Mar 04, 2010 3:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DarthDud
Inscrutable Pi

Post by DarthDud » Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:57 pm

Substantially updated the script, fixing a few errors, changing some formatting, and adding in a bunch of missing things. Re-download from link in previous post, thanks.

salien
Pie in the Sky

Post by salien » Tue Feb 23, 2010 6:56 pm

Any way of getting a preliminary report-type-deal for the script, which would list in the CLI the actions it would take when run, without actually running them, for the extra-paranoid?

While I'm throwing requests out, flags to pass to exclude each starfish-food category (food,booze,gear) for a given execution could be useful as well. That way if you don't want to feed the crap to 'em right now (e.g. you're about to fight phys-resist monsters), you can still use the script to clean up the other crap.

Also, always pulverizing all of the junkyard rewards seems a little iffy, since those can be needed for slime hate gear. And since it's a script, why autosell the yeti furs before turning into hippo skins? And why autosell stuff like 1337 7r0uZ0RZ, f3d0r4, draggin' ball hat (130, 130, or 120 meat) when you could pulverize and then autosell the results (avg. 135 meat)? I think there are pretty few situations where pulverizing and then selling is worse than just selling, and on a muscle run, of course, you'll likely want to pulverize pretty much everything and then malus up stuff.

big_mara
My Pie Blown Sky High

Post by big_mara » Tue Feb 23, 2010 7:08 pm

salien wrote:Any way of getting a preliminary report-type-deal for the script, which would list in the CLI the actions it would take when run, without actually running them, for the extra-paranoid?

While I'm throwing requests out, flags to pass to exclude each starfish-food category (food,booze,gear) for a given execution could be useful as well. That way if you don't want to feed the crap to 'em right now (e.g. you're about to fight phys-resist monsters), you can still use the script to clean up the other crap.

Also, always pulverizing all of the junkyard rewards seems a little iffy, since those can be needed for slime hate gear. And since it's a script, why autosell the yeti furs before turning into hippo skins? And why autosell stuff like 1337 7r0uZ0RZ, f3d0r4, draggin' ball hat (130, 130, or 120 meat) when you could pulverize and then autosell the results (avg. 135 meat)? I think there are pretty few situations where pulverizing and then selling is worse than just selling, and on a muscle run, of course, you'll likely want to pulverize pretty much everything and then malus up stuff.
This is my concern as well. Is there an easy way to edit the script to not touch equipment? If that were solved, I would use this thing as much (or more) than the diet optimizer.

DarthDud
Inscrutable Pi

Post by DarthDud » Tue Feb 23, 2010 7:37 pm

salien wrote:Any way of getting a preliminary report-type-deal for the script, which would list in the CLI the actions it would take when run, without actually running them, for the extra-paranoid?

In softcore you don't really feed starfish types much.

Anyways, I don't know how to do fancy ASH stuff. So someone else would need to do that type of thing.
As for slime hate gear, I'm presuming that in a real speed run you don't care if you lose that. You probably already have the gear, or if you don't you'd rather the run be better anyways.

There are a few things like 1337 trousers that are better pulverize than autosell that aren't listed appropriately, you're right. I didn't have time yet to go through those border cases to assign the optimal method. There aren't that many such items. If someone could list all of them, I will fix them.

Good point about the yeti fur. I also only sell 1 yeti fur, since i could conceive of uses for up to 4 of the skins (poncho, 2x whips, and the booze shirt thing).

lostcalpolydude
Forum Maestro

Post by lostcalpolydude » Tue Feb 23, 2010 7:51 pm

I'll work on adding some logic so you can change a few variables at the beginning to limit which items are considered, once the list of items is put together.
bmaher: Softcore character
lostcalpolydude: Hardcore character (abandoned)

DarthDud
Inscrutable Pi

Post by DarthDud » Tue Feb 23, 2010 8:35 pm

I *think* I have fixed all the autosell versus pulverize equipment stuff. There may be a straggler or two which isn't right, but I checked most.

Well, at least for non-accessories/offhands. Since those fucking things don't list power, and some of them aren't the power they should be. So I'm just autoselling those. If anyone knows or wants to find out which suck and which work correctly, feel free to post and I'll fix it. But, it shouldn't be a big deal, really.

I removed the yeti stuff, since I was convinced you could conceivably use all 5 in a run, and dealing with them well requires too much logic.

I added in the back alley and the whitey's grove.

Same old link.

KujjieKujjieKoo
Spade Ninja

Post by KujjieKujjieKoo » Fri Jan 20, 2012 1:46 am

Darth's link no longer works. Does anyone have a copy of this script?

stupac2
Oh my! Guy with Pie!

Post by stupac2 » Fri Jan 20, 2012 4:45 pm

I have a copy that I can upload when I get home, have snark remind me.

stupac2
Oh my! Guy with Pie!

Post by stupac2 » Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:22 pm

There you go
Attachments
wholesale.txt
(16.15 KiB) Downloaded 158 times

KujjieKujjieKoo
Spade Ninja

Post by KujjieKujjieKoo » Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:06 pm