Hardcore Ed Script Ascending (Ascends various paths suboptimally)

For script writing
jeffery
Pie of the Sky

Re: Hardcore Ed Script Ascending

Post by jeffery » Sat Dec 12, 2015 7:38 pm

Is there any way to specify our own CCS for use with this script?

On day 1 of Pastamancer HC-Standard I kept getting beaten up while running the script. This is because I had +102ML running from the very beginning due to +50 from barrel lid, Ur-Kel, Pride, Astral Belt. Once I HC perm Drescher's Annoying noise this will be an even greater issue.

Despite this high ML, the script was still just casting Curse of Weaksauce, love mosquitos and love gnats, and then attacking every round, resulting in frequent interrupts and combat losses at a cost of 10MP

When playing manually, using (1) summon love gnats (2) stuffed mortar shell (3) summon love mosquitos (4) summon love stinkbugs would always take care of the monster, using only 8MP, as opposed to 10MP with the current CCAscend CCS. I would like to know if there is a way to pass combat handling onto an external CCS, either made by the user themselves or WHAM.ash.

cheesecookie
Inscrutable Pi

Post by cheesecookie » Sun Dec 13, 2015 6:41 pm

jeffery wrote:I've scripted a few HC Standard runs now, and I've encountered a couple of issues.

Currently the Fist Turkey is used by default in every location. Is there a way to specify a familiar to be used in zones where the bonus %item from the Fist Turkey would not help? It would be a great help to be able to use the Puck Man, for the yellow pixels it provides as well as the HP/MP restoration and blocking. Currently I'm having to babysit the script and manually change to a Puck Man when a item drop familiar is not required. It would also be great if the script could auto-equip familiar equipment such as the "filthy child leash" when run, even if it previously equipped to a different familiar - ie. equip the other familiar, take off the leash, equip new familiar, put on the leash.

My second issue is that I have found that the script does not pickpocket when it gets the jump as a moxie class. This may be because it does the lovebug skills first. Pickpocket is extremely useful and should be done if the character can survive an extra round.

The script also interrupts on day one once the Tavern is unlocked. I need to manually make the 3 Paint a Vulgar Pitchers before resuming.

Overall you've done a great job. Your script has netted me 4 4-day HC-Standard ascensions. With these changes and some optimization I feel a 3-day scripted HC Standard could be possible.
If Fist Turkey is defaulting, you don't have enough familiars - or I forgot how it selects familiars in HC.

The script doesn't expect to get a filthy child leash from anywhere, so it doesn't know about it. If you are getting one manually, you can equip it and lock the equipment.

I don't know enough about Moxie, nor hardcore, to know when to pickpocket safely. Since it can't be changed into a sequence of staggers, it simply isn't supported. Knowing that you can survive an extra round at the end is not as trivial as knowing you can survive the current round and set up a win.

I'm not sure at the moment why that is an issue in HC. You aren't the only one who has mentioned that though.

jeffery wrote:Is there any way to specify our own CCS for use with this script?

On day 1 of Pastamancer HC-Standard I kept getting beaten up while running the script. This is because I had +102ML running from the very beginning due to +50 from barrel lid, Ur-Kel, Pride, Astral Belt. Once I HC perm Drescher's Annoying noise this will be an even greater issue.

Despite this high ML, the script was still just casting Curse of Weaksauce, love mosquitos and love gnats, and then attacking every round, resulting in frequent interrupts and combat losses at a cost of 10MP

When playing manually, using (1) summon love gnats (2) stuffed mortar shell (3) summon love mosquitos (4) summon love stinkbugs would always take care of the monster, using only 8MP, as opposed to 10MP with the current CCAscend CCS. I would like to know if there is a way to pass combat handling onto an external CCS, either made by the user themselves or WHAM.ash.
Configuring your own CCS would probably break things quite a bit. The combat filter currently used is not trivial, a CCS is not used by the script.

The script never takes the barrel lid in that situation because it is not expected to handle it. It also isn't recommended to take the belt. I have no understanding of Pastamancer in combat so I don't know at all what to do there. Someone fixed an issue where it wasn't twisting and that seemed to improve things - you mention it attacking every round, that was the issue I just mentioned, you may be out of date.

If you are going to nitpick 2 MP, I suggest you fix it yourself. This is not intended to handle super optimization, just to get through it and get through it reasonably. You can tinker with the ccAdv function in cc_ascend.ash if you want to bypass the combat filter. A user supplied CCS or WHAM would not, by default, update certain state variables that the script uses. The tolerance of the script to this behavior is uncertain.

ungawa
AFH

Post by ungawa » Sun Jan 03, 2016 6:49 am

I just wanted to report that so far, the script has been working amazingly well for a HC S Std 2016 run.
The KoL bug that allowed you to cast summon smiths for a few days gave it a little trouble since it had coal and smithereens in the inventory it tried to use, only to get stuck when the game said it wasn't allowed to. But tossing those in the mall to get them out of the inventory let it get past that.
We'll see how classes that care more about weapons do without smiths, but so far so good.

Edit: Huh, finished in 3 days. Sweet. All 6 of my 2015 cheddah HC Standard runs took 4 days.

cheesecookie
Inscrutable Pi

Post by cheesecookie » Thu Jan 07, 2016 12:17 am

I was wondering what sorts of issues would arise once I heard runs got retroactively thrown into 2016 but it would have been a lot of hassle to try to fix a case that was very temporary. I use checks for Summon Smithsness itself but if you have the materials, it assumes you got them legitimately but tossing them aside (closeting will also work, the script only unclosets the Frat Warrior Fatigues it puts into the closet - the lack of closet usage was due to an issue the maximizer was giving me that I've since overcome but I've decided against the closet checks anyway) will work as well.

The script grabs a Deck weapon now in place of Smiths. This is much more significant in low-end runs though. Smiths pulls were quite sufficient at the time.

3 days in HC? Nice. I posted a lot of changes near the end of 2015 and have been for the last week. My current SC run lagged into a 3rd day by about 100 turns but there were some poor pull choices (forgot about Edpiece for ML and still need to put in Sneaky Pete's jacket for ML - the lack of ML cost me at least 20 turns). Got some more stuff to tinker with like setting the Snojo to Moxie for the booze at the start of the run or using Snokebomb but I've nearly completed 4 runs on various accounts so far so it is looking good for 2016 support. I'm glad to hear that HC isn't too bad, I suspected it took less damage since it didn't rely on pulls but I was worried. I'm guessing that Sauceror is probably better supported at this point.

Anyway, I'm rambling. Back to bed.

What Is New
Just Plain Old Pie

Post by What Is New » Thu Jan 07, 2016 6:57 pm

Lovely script. Seems more optimal than bumcheekascend.

I'm currently doing a HC Std Sauceror run and the combat script is really struggling. Every combat runs like this:

Code: Select all

Round 1: What Is New casts SUMMON LOVE MOSQUITO!
Round 2: toilet papergeist takes 9 damage.
Round 2: You gain 9 hit points
cc_diag_round => 1
cc_combatHandler => (love mosquito)(love gnats)
Round 2: What Is New casts SUMMON LOVE GNATS!
cc_diag_round => 2
Round 3: What Is New attacks!
Round 4: toilet papergeist takes 1 damage.
cc_diag_round => 3
Round 4: What Is New attacks!
Round 5: toilet papergeist takes 1 damage.
Round 5: Your opponent seems startled by the fact that you're accompanied by a creature that is a mouth and nothing else.
cc_diag_round => 4
Round 5: What Is New attacks!
Round 6: toilet papergeist takes 1 damage.
Round 6: toilet papergeist takes 8 damage.
Round 6: toilet papergeist takes 2 damage.
Round 6: You lose 25 hit points
cc_diag_round => 5
Round 6: What Is New attacks!
Round 7: toilet papergeist takes 1 damage.
Round 7: toilet papergeist takes 6 damage.
Round 7: toilet papergeist takes 1 damage.
Round 7: You lose 24 hit points
cc_diag_round => 6
Round 7: What Is New attacks!
Round 8: toilet papergeist takes 1 damage.
Round 8: toilet papergeist takes 8 damage.
Round 8: toilet papergeist takes 3 damage.
Round 8: You lose 24 hit points
cc_diag_round => 7
cc_combatHandler => (love mosquito)(love gnats)(stunner)
Round 8: What Is New casts SOUL BUBBLE!
Round 9: RXJ darts back and forth past your foe making weird blooping noises, confusing it.
cc_diag_round => 8
cc_combatHandler => (love mosquito)(love gnats)(stunner)(last attempt)
Round 9: What Is New attacks!
Round 10: toilet papergeist takes 1 damage.
cc_diag_round => 9
Could not handle monster, sorry
You're on your own, partner.
Click here to continue in the relay browser.
If attacking with my weapon happens to kill the monster, the script continues. It never attempts to use any skills after Soul Bubbling to end the combat (i.e. Saucegeyser or Stream of Sauce). I don't know how to fix this - I'm not a coder, but had a quick peruse at your combat script, but alas it was too much for me, as it seems like there is a case-by-case thing for many monsters, and conditionals for 4(?) different paths.

cheesecookie
Inscrutable Pi

Post by cheesecookie » Fri Jan 08, 2016 1:11 pm

The stunner usage is in low ML situations, so I'm a tad less familiar with the behavior. I'll push an update to try more spells, it pretty much tries the weaksauce, saucegeyser combo (do you have weaksauce permed? It is the best sauce) for combat and to regain MP (it'll use the stuffed mortar shell too, which in your case, may be a reasonable option since you aren't running a lot of ML). You can try buying those skills (or letting me know that you have them and I am just wrong about my guesses).

Anyway, r565 (type "svn update" into mafia) has this update for the combat handling. Feel free to let know if you still have issues. I may need a little more info than just that single combat (including the entire adventure will be helpful, just make sure to censor out your name if it appears in the directory path of anything that is mentioned in the log).

I haven't even tried a hardcore run yet, I've been working on the softcore suite and trying to get it back to 2-dayers.

What Is New
Just Plain Old Pie

Post by What Is New » Fri Jan 08, 2016 5:28 pm

Hi, thanks for replying.

The issue is that I'm pretty low-skill, really - I haven't bothered perming *any* combat skills because they don't actually save any adventures, generally. I don't have Curse of Weaksauce or Saucegeyser permed. I have Stream, Wave of Sauce, and Saucestorm.

I would tell you what happens with the latest release except I'm getting an error message and abort on running the script, today :P

Hello What Is New, time to explode!
This is version: 567
This is day 2.
Turns played: 214 current adventures: 86
Current Ascension: Standard
CCS set to null
Locking familiar item...
Familiar request unsuccessful.

cheesecookie
Inscrutable Pi

Post by cheesecookie » Fri Jan 08, 2016 8:00 pm

Hmmm, try updating again, I've pushed too many versions out today. I'm not sure if that Familiar request unsuccessful was regarding the item locking or a familiar change.

Let me assume that was because you may not be able to lock familiar equipment if none is equipped. That error managed to not come up in testing because I already seem to have at least a filthy child leash. If that is the case, r569 fixes it.

What Is New
Just Plain Old Pie

Post by What Is New » Sun Jan 10, 2016 6:49 am

EDIT: I'm on revision 592 according to Mafia svn update.

Still the same issue, I'm afraid.

I had my Puck Man out, with the Orange Boxing Gloves equipped:

You have the latest use_for_items.txt. Will not check again today.
Checking for updates (running ZLib rev. 28)...
This is version: 592
This is day 4.
Turns played: 407 current adventures: 111
Shrugging off your buff...
Ode to Booze removed.
CCS set to null
cc_guildmeat => got
Oven found! We can cook!
cc_haveoven => true
You don't have a garden.
Found completed Cyrpt (7)
cc_crypt => finished
Found completed Trapper (8)
cc_trapper => finished
Putting on fuzzy earmuffs...
Equipment changed.
Wielding saucepan...
Equipment changed.
Holding hot plate...
Equipment changed.
Putting on imp unity ring...
Equipment changed.
Locking familiar item...
I then switched to my Golden Monkey (which is the familiar that CC-ascend seems to default to, mostly) and earned the Golden Banana from the arena:

Putting RXJ the Puck Man back into terrarium...
Taking Vivacious Wiraqucha the Golden Monkey out of terrarium...
Requests complete.

Retrieving opponent list...
Opponent list retrieved.
Starting training session...
Round 1: Vivacious Wiraqucha vs. Naranjas en la Cabeza...

[408] Cake-Shaped Arena
Vivacious Wiraqucha gains 4 experience.
Round 2: Vivacious Wiraqucha vs. Naranjas en la Cabeza...

[409] Cake-Shaped Arena
Your familiar gains a pound: Vivacious Wiraqucha, the 7 lb. Golden Monkey
Vivacious Wiraqucha gains 5 experience and a pound.
Round 3: Vivacious Wiraqucha vs. Flathead...

[410] Cake-Shaped Arena
Vivacious Wiraqucha gains 5 experience.
Round 4: Vivacious Wiraqucha vs. Flathead...

[411] Cake-Shaped Arena
Vivacious Wiraqucha gains 5 experience.
Round 5: Vivacious Wiraqucha vs. Flathead...

[412] Cake-Shaped Arena
Your familiar gains a pound: Vivacious Wiraqucha, the 8 lb. Golden Monkey
You acquire an item: golden banana
Vivacious Wiraqucha gains 5 experience and a pound.
You win a prize: golden banana.
Putting on golden banana...
Equipment changed.
Training session completed.

> call scripts\cc_ascend.ash

This is version: 592
This is day 4.
Turns played: 412 current adventures: 106
CCS set to null
You don't have a garden.
Locking familiar item...

cheesecookie
Inscrutable Pi

Post by cheesecookie » Sun Jan 10, 2016 3:35 pm

r596 checks that we have familiar equipment on before trying to unlock which I suppose could be the problem but I can't reproduce that.

It might be an issue that you have familiar specific equipment, the script does not try to equip any non-generic equipment (the preference in 2016 is a filthy child leash). I don't have any accounts I can test that on today since they are all drunk and had no pulls or are out of pulls.

You can try getting a filthy child leash or closeting the familiar specific equipment and seeing if that gets you anywhere.

I have confirmed that the issue is the familiar specific equipment. Closet it. Since lock_familiar_equipment(boolean) generates a hard error, I can't workaround it without a custom mafia build.

What Is New
Just Plain Old Pie

Post by What Is New » Mon Jan 11, 2016 3:46 pm

Noted. Thanks for exploring that issue.

Edit: Sauceror low-skill combat appears fixed.

What Is New
Just Plain Old Pie

Post by What Is New » Thu Jan 14, 2016 1:00 pm

Your script does things like this a lot:

Putting Vivacious Wiraqucha the Golden Monkey back into terrarium...
Taking Shluuuuush the Gelatinous Cubeling out of terrarium...
Wielding antique machete...
Equipment changed.
Putting Shluuuuush the Gelatinous Cubeling back into terrarium...
This instance it is trying to increase item drops. It does it every time it ought to call another familiar. Have I messed the script up somehow?

Mattematical
Just Plain Old Pie

Post by Mattematical » Fri Jan 15, 2016 7:29 pm

Any chance this script can hit 2 day HCEd?

cheesecookie
Inscrutable Pi

Post by cheesecookie » Fri Jan 15, 2016 8:09 pm

What Is New wrote:Your script does things like this a lot:

Putting Vivacious Wiraqucha the Golden Monkey back into terrarium...
Taking Shluuuuush the Gelatinous Cubeling out of terrarium...
Wielding antique machete...
Equipment changed.
Putting Shluuuuush the Gelatinous Cubeling back into terrarium...
This instance it is trying to increase item drops. It does it every time it ought to call another familiar. Have I messed the script up somehow?
No idea, the place where I thought there might have been an issue would have only triggered a Fist Turkey or a Piano Cat and not a Golden Monkey (it's outdated code that needs to be removed) however, this is not the case. At some point, the familiar cleanup will occur and probably reduce a large number of these excessive familiar changes.
Mattematical wrote:Any chance this script can hit 2 day HCEd?
No idea, I haven't run it in Ed in ages and have maintained IoTM support but never ran it. So, it should see an improvement based on the newer IoTMs but no idea. I'm largely not doing much with it since it isn't really worth it karma-wise to run Ed and the people who are actually running Ed with this script, or a fork of it, are not terribly helpful in terms of providing information that I can use to improve the situation. That being said, if you don't have all of the IoTMs and Ed skills, you'll need to get those first - I'm probably not going to bother with any additional low-skill/IoTM support on the Ed side particularly due to how things played out with the forks of this script.

Mattematical
Just Plain Old Pie

Post by Mattematical » Fri Jan 15, 2016 8:47 pm

Yes, I have all the Ed skills and relevant (I think) IOTMs. I ask because, while 2 day hccs is nice for karma farming, it leaves you with zero aftercore - where Ed instead gives you a wonderful and flexible aftercore. Maybe I'll have to just give it a shot?

cheesecookie
Inscrutable Pi

Post by cheesecookie » Fri Jan 15, 2016 9:49 pm

Mattematical wrote:Yes, I have all the Ed skills and relevant (I think) IOTMs. I ask because, while 2 day hccs is nice for karma farming, it leaves you with zero aftercore - where Ed instead gives you a wonderful and flexible aftercore. Maybe I'll have to just give it a shot?
2 day HCCS should leave you with 40-100 turns of aftercore. It's not a huge aftercore, but you can do some stuff in it - I was farming elemental plane currencies rather effectively during it (as well as keeping some consumables). It's not ideal I suppose. 2 day HC Ed, at least at the script level, won't give you much adventures left for aftercore.

The Day 1 behavior of the script is the bigger issue for 2-day behavior, but I base that purely on some observations from a speedster who did a manual day 1 and ran the script for day 2 and it completed successfully. This was ages ago.

Hellno
Pie in the Sky

Post by Hellno » Sat Jan 16, 2016 6:07 am

There's no way you're getting a 2 day Ed without some manual input on day 1, mostly because the script is very casual in how it acquires Ka.

deathshade
Just Plain Old Pie

Post by deathshade » Sat Jan 16, 2016 12:40 pm

Is there a way to tell it to skip a part of the script, I did a little pre-script work before running it on day 2 and now I get this:
You have already prayed for that item this ascension.

cheesecookie
Inscrutable Pi

Post by cheesecookie » Sat Jan 16, 2016 2:45 pm

deathshade wrote:Is there a way to tell it to skip a part of the script, I did a little pre-script work before running it on day 2 and now I get this:
You have already prayed for that item this ascension.
If you use up your prayer, it'll stop trying to do it.

That being said, I got lazy and used the built-in CLI command when I shouldn't have.
If you "set _barrelPrayer=true", the script won't know any better and ignore it and then you can use the prayer later.

r606 should help with this, you'll still get error messages but it should stop bombing out.

deathshade
Just Plain Old Pie

Post by deathshade » Sat Jan 16, 2016 7:08 pm

Thanks for the reply. I ran day 2 manually, so it'll be interesting to see what happens tomorrow

jeffery
Pie of the Sky

Post by jeffery » Sun Jan 17, 2016 11:40 pm

Can this script run a 1-day casual?

cheesecookie
Inscrutable Pi

Post by cheesecookie » Mon Jan 18, 2016 12:47 am

jeffery wrote:Can this script run a 1-day casual?
Casual runs are a very differnt beast (mostly free runawaying everything possible) so no. It is not recommended to drop to casual, empty your closet, and run the script as it might use up a lot of taffies and whatever - a lot of that has been improved but it still could go a tad crazy with resources in that situation.

I don't think it would be massively difficult to support it but there are other scripts for casuals that are more meant for that purpose. This is meant to ascend under the pretense of ronin/hardcore restrictions.

Edit: I guess a large part of the issue is how do I know I'm in a casual ascension? That and I don't know the anything about kobolds.

ungawa
AFH

Post by ungawa » Mon Jan 18, 2016 10:34 am

I'm running HC PM Std at the moment, and the script's default to spam untensil twist isn't working too well without the smith's ladle.
I set my in-game autoattack to "summon love gnats, stuffed mortar shell" and it seems to be running fine now. Hopefully the one round delay on the mortar shell will let it olfact or banish where needed.
Also, after it had been running for a bit, it still hadn't summoned a pasta thrall to get the half cost bonus for PM spells, so I just manually called out my Vermincelli for some small MP regen.
As always, thanks for helping me get my Bakelite set with minimal effort.

cheesecookie
Inscrutable Pi

Post by cheesecookie » Mon Jan 18, 2016 10:50 am

ungawa wrote:I'm running HC PM Std at the moment, and the script's default to spam untensil twist isn't working too well without the smith's ladle.
I set my in-game autoattack to "summon love gnats, stuffed mortar shell" and it seems to be running fine now. Hopefully the one round delay on the mortar shell will let it olfact or banish where needed.
Also, after it had been running for a bit, it still hadn't summoned a pasta thrall to get the half cost bonus for PM spells, so I just manually called out my Vermincelli for some small MP regen.
As always, thanks for helping me get my Bakelite set with minimal effort.
I did an update to not utensil twist against physical resist monsters but I don't know if utensil twist is still suitable otherwise.

Love gnats gets weaker with usage, unless I'm wrong about that behavior. I suppose that is more important during the beginning of the run though so it might be a good idea.

I need to learn thralls, I think I did my own Pastamancer run never knowing how to summon a thrall. MP regen sounds good, maybe I can default to that.

lostcalpolydude
Forum Maestro

Post by lostcalpolydude » Mon Jan 18, 2016 11:10 am

cheesecookie wrote:I did an update to not utensil twist against physical resist monsters but I don't know if utensil twist is still suitable otherwise.
Utensil Twist would likely be around 15 damage per round, before adjusting for +ML reduction. Using that is like using Toss as a TT.
bmaher: Softcore character
lostcalpolydude: Hardcore character (abandoned)

ungawa
AFH

Post by ungawa » Mon Jan 18, 2016 12:04 pm

cheesecookie wrote:Love gnats gets weaker with usage, unless I'm wrong about that behavior. I suppose that is more important during the beginning of the run though so it might be a good idea.
You're correct that love gnats gets weaker. I believe the shortest it becomes is 2 rounds (the round it's cast + one more player action), unless it's resisted due to ML. http://kolspading.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=454
That means it's long enough to cast mortar and then the monster becomes unstunned the round the mortar lands. With love bugs, I can follow up the mortar with a love mosquito to stagger the round the mortar lands, and then probably follow up with a saucestorm or something if necessary.
I'm not sure it's the best solution, but it worked for my case. If saucestorm will do enough to one shot them, it's probably the better option to avoid risking getting hit if ML lets them resist the stun.

ungawa
AFH

Post by ungawa » Tue Jan 19, 2016 6:26 am

ungawa wrote:I set my in-game autoattack to "summon love gnats, stuffed mortar shell" and it seems to be running fine now. Hopefully the one round delay on the mortar shell will let it olfact or banish where needed.
Heh, whups, I guess setting that auto attack wasn't such a good idea on my part.
We have spent over 50 turns at 'Barrrney's Barrr' and that is bad... aborting.

cheesecookie
Inscrutable Pi

Post by cheesecookie » Tue Jan 19, 2016 12:20 pm

ungawa wrote:
ungawa wrote:I set my in-game autoattack to "summon love gnats, stuffed mortar shell" and it seems to be running fine now. Hopefully the one round delay on the mortar shell will let it olfact or banish where needed.
Heh, whups, I guess setting that auto attack wasn't such a good idea on my part.
We have spent over 50 turns at 'Barrrney's Barrr' and that is bad... aborting.
The failsafe works! Sorry, I had a giggle about that.

Jeparo
Just Plain Old Pie

Post by Jeparo » Tue Jan 19, 2016 3:54 pm

My version was crashing on the line

if(!possessEquipment($item[Turtle Wax Shield]) && (item_amount($item[Turtle Wax]) > 0))
		{
			cli_execute("fold turtle wax shield");
		}
I was playing as a Turtle Tamer, and KolMafia would say "You don't have anything transformable into that item!" and go into bedtime mode.

cheesecookie
Inscrutable Pi

Post by cheesecookie » Tue Jan 19, 2016 4:07 pm

Jeparo wrote:My version was crashing on the line

if(!possessEquipment($item[Turtle Wax Shield]) && (item_amount($item[Turtle Wax]) > 0))
		{
			cli_execute("fold turtle wax shield");
		}
I was playing as a Turtle Tamer, and KolMafia would say "You don't have anything transformable into that item!" and go into bedtime mode.
Fixed in r620, turtle wax shield is listed as a foldable (Transformable actually) but Mafia can't use fold to handle it. And I've modified my local copy of mafia to not print "that item". That seems like a micro-aggression of some sort.

lostcalpolydude
Forum Maestro

Post by lostcalpolydude » Tue Jan 19, 2016 11:25 pm

cheesecookie wrote:Fixed in r620, turtle wax shield is listed as a foldable (Transformable actually) but Mafia can't use fold to handle it.
Turtle wax is not part of the 3-item fold group, because you can't get back to it. There's always use() for the turtle wax instead of visit_url().
bmaher: Softcore character
lostcalpolydude: Hardcore character (abandoned)

cheesecookie
Inscrutable Pi

Post by cheesecookie » Tue Jan 19, 2016 11:39 pm

lostcalpolydude wrote: Turtle wax is not part of the 3-item fold group, because you can't get back to it. There's always use() for the turtle wax instead of visit_url().
I suppose that makes sense in the context of get_related(), at least strictly more consistent than my impression.

I'm not sure why I used visit_url, I think the "squish" option made me think it wasn't applicable to use() but the link was pretty obvious, if I had bothered to look at it.

deathshade
Just Plain Old Pie

Post by deathshade » Wed Jan 20, 2016 10:23 am

The script is stuck in an endless loop day 2:
Countdown: 1 second...
Waiting completed.
Turn(149): Starting with 116 left and 0 pulls left at Level: 9
Encounter: -10.0 Exp Bonus: 8.379166666666666
Meat: 60.0 Item: 90.0
ML: 40 control: 10
HP: 169/169 MP: 165/409
Delay between adventures... beep boop...
Waiting completed.

That area is not available.

cheesecookie
Inscrutable Pi

Post by cheesecookie » Wed Jan 20, 2016 11:29 am

Can you give me the info of the behavior beforehand? The error tells me too little.

deathshade
Just Plain Old Pie

Post by deathshade » Wed Jan 20, 2016 12:20 pm

cheesecookie wrote:Can you give me the info of the behavior beforehand? The error tells me too little.
I think this was all my fault so please ignore. I keep doing some stuff prior to running the script for the day, and I think I confuse it on it's completion state for various stages.

cheesecookie
Inscrutable Pi

Post by cheesecookie » Wed Jan 20, 2016 12:24 pm

deathshade wrote:
cheesecookie wrote:Can you give me the info of the behavior beforehand? The error tells me too little.
I think this was all my fault so please ignore. I keep doing some stuff prior to running the script for the day, and I think I confuse it on it's completion state for various stages.
If you left a stage incomplete, that is most likely the issue. If you completed a stage but it is confused about it, let me know so I can try to figure out why.

If you know what you did manually, I can possibly get the script to handle some of that later. I have an extensive collection of data of when mafia tracks things at this point. If you did things outside of mafia, well, I can't really do much for that.

deathshade
Just Plain Old Pie

Post by deathshade » Wed Jan 20, 2016 12:42 pm

cheesecookie wrote:
deathshade wrote:
If you left a stage incomplete, that is most likely the issue. If you completed a stage but it is confused about it, let me know so I can try to figure out why.

If you know what you did manually, I can possibly get the script to handle some of that later. I have an extensive collection of data of when mafia tracks things at this point. If you did things outside of mafia, well, I can't really do much for that.
The particular issue was that I grabbed the swashbuckling outfit, got 3 insults, then started the script. It wanted to do the F'cle but that wasn't unlocked yet.

cheesecookie
Inscrutable Pi

Post by cheesecookie » Wed Jan 20, 2016 12:59 pm

deathshade wrote:The particular issue was that I grabbed the swashbuckling outfit, got 3 insults, then started the script. It wanted to do the F'cle but that wasn't unlocked yet.
Ah, that is quite in the middle of that quest. That's a messy one in terms of the current tracking but I'll make a note of it that it needs some cleaning.

What Is New
Just Plain Old Pie

Post by What Is New » Thu Jan 21, 2016 8:40 pm

I'm not sure of the logic behind using UTENSIL TWIST as the default action for PMs when RAVIOLI SHURIKENS is available.

cheesecookie
Inscrutable Pi

Post by cheesecookie » Thu Jan 21, 2016 10:52 pm

What Is New wrote:I'm not sure of the logic behind using UTENSIL TWIST as the default action for PMs when RAVIOLI SHURIKENS is available.
Mostly because I do not understand Myst classes at all. Utensil Twist apparently was really good with Smithsness so that was the choice. 2016 has ended the "Summon Smith Weapon" -> "Trivialize Combat Trivially" era. Not that it may not be trivial but Smithsness was really the equivalent of "import java.util.win".

I don't even know what Ravioli does. I've been told multiple times to just switch to Saucestorm for everything but I'll need to figure it out. I lost some of my time (as I go back to work next week) for testing due to outage today but I'll probably figure something out.

ungawa
AFH

Post by ungawa » Fri Jan 22, 2016 8:17 am

Hey CC, FYI, the script just thought it had to do a lot of powerlevelling to get to lvl 12, and when I intervened, I saw it still had most of the lvl 11 quest to do.
Looking through logs, it looks like the final combat in the Black Forest aborted due to low health (HC TT trying to attack a black adder after getting poisoned so I couldn't hit very hard). I finished the combat with with a saucestorm, found the black market, but finishing the combat manually meant some script flag didn't get set, so it didn't buy the forged docs and decided it needed to powerlevel to 12.

Also, the powerlevelling it decided it needed to do was spend turns in the Deep Dark Jungle, where it was getting 40ish mainstat, so it seems resting would have been a higher priority there (not that it actually needed any powerlevelling)

cheesecookie
Inscrutable Pi

Post by cheesecookie » Fri Jan 22, 2016 9:35 am

ungawa wrote:Hey CC, FYI, the script just thought it had to do a lot of powerlevelling to get to lvl 12, and when I intervened, I saw it still had most of the lvl 11 quest to do.
Looking through logs, it looks like the final combat in the Black Forest aborted due to low health (HC TT trying to attack a black adder after getting poisoned so I couldn't hit very hard). I finished the combat with with a saucestorm, found the black market, but finishing the combat manually meant some script flag didn't get set, so it didn't buy the forged docs and decided it needed to powerlevel to 12.

Also, the powerlevelling it decided it needed to do was spend turns in the Deep Dark Jungle, where it was getting 40ish mainstat, so it seems resting would have been a higher priority there (not that it actually needed any powerlevelling)
Was it out of rests? Powerleveling is not a strong point unfortunately, more of a (usually) necessary evil but not in this case.
All you did was finish the combat? I can't figure out for the life of me how that would break it (black_forest_available() would have triggered and set cc_blackmap to document for the next step. Bleh, setting it to document was not being handled correctly. Well, there will shortly be some improved behavior there and handling for just in case someone goes and gets that diary on their own by accident. I'll post it once I can verify I didn't typo it.

ungawa
AFH

Post by ungawa » Fri Jan 22, 2016 9:40 am

cheesecookie wrote:Was it out of rests? Powerleveling is not a strong point unfortunately, more of a (usually) necessary evil but not in this case.
Yea, after I finished that black forest combat manually, it picked up an ornate dowsing rod and decided "> I seem to need to power level, or something... waaaa." Then it used the 8 free rests and moved on to the deep dark jungle.
Thanks!

cheesecookie
Inscrutable Pi

Post by cheesecookie » Fri Jan 22, 2016 11:56 pm

I just spent way too much time debating if Ed could copy a Mummified Beef Haunch with a Machine Elf.

What Is New
Just Plain Old Pie

Post by What Is New » Mon Jan 25, 2016 5:13 pm

Why don't you support the Rockin' Robin yet? It's been out for HOURS.

cheesecookie
Inscrutable Pi

Post by cheesecookie » Tue Jan 26, 2016 9:54 am

What Is New wrote:Why don't you support the Rockin' Robin yet? It's been out for HOURS.
I'm a little iffy about updating when the mafia jars are not in their usual location, my local copy of mafia is update to date via SVN and the script has an update pending to support the Robin though.

A combination of a large amount in the changelog and my desire to get a little more test data out of it has also led to a delay but that is not related to the Robin.

What Is New
Just Plain Old Pie

Post by What Is New » Tue Jan 26, 2016 10:17 am

Why do you put so much effort in to this? I really do appreciate it, but it must take a huge amount of time?!

cheesecookie
Inscrutable Pi

Post by cheesecookie » Tue Jan 26, 2016 3:22 pm

What Is New wrote:Why do you put so much effort in to this? I really do appreciate it, but it must take a huge amount of time?!
My ability to love was stolen by Pixies in a past life because I kicked a small child, something like that. My only amusement comes from code. And torturing people with code.

cheesecookie
Inscrutable Pi

Post by cheesecookie » Fri Jan 29, 2016 12:49 pm

A post 2016 data point:

Day 2: Needs 2 ores for Trapper
520 hippies left (32x)
Secret Council Warehouse

Not too many adventures needed on Day 3.

ungawa
AFH

Post by ungawa » Wed Feb 03, 2016 9:11 am

OK man, this is pretty amazing. After spending 50 turns messing around with the telegraph on day 2 of my HC AT run yesterday, I figured there was no chance I'd be finishing today. Not only did I finish, I had 84 turns and 5 spleen left.

cheesecookie
Inscrutable Pi

Post by cheesecookie » Wed Feb 03, 2016 2:03 pm

ungawa wrote:OK man, this is pretty amazing. After spending 50 turns messing around with the telegraph on day 2 of my HC AT run yesterday, I figured there was no chance I'd be finishing today. Not only did I finish, I had 84 turns and 5 spleen left.
I'm assuming you meant it finished on day 3, otherwise, damn! I messed around a little on my Day 1 with the telegraph and missed my steel organ because of it. I'll have to manually finish it since the script doesn't like that. But yay for workings! I should probably make a list of people who have provided helpful input.

I think the boots are probably quite a good choice for Ed too. I'll have to look at the details when I understand it more.

What Is New
Just Plain Old Pie

Post by What Is New » Wed Feb 10, 2016 12:36 pm

In HC std, it seems to skip the steel organ. I assumed this was normal behaviour?

cheesecookie
Inscrutable Pi

Post by cheesecookie » Wed Feb 10, 2016 6:11 pm

What Is New wrote:In HC std, it seems to skip the steel organ. I assumed this was normal behaviour?
If you want the steel organ, you have to set it in the relay settings. I can't recall if it'll try to get it on day 2 if it fails on day 1, it doesn't try to get the organ early, I'll say that much.

williabr
Spy vs. Pie

Post by williabr » Tue Feb 23, 2016 10:23 am

We have spent over 50 turns at 'The X-32-F Combat Training Snowman' and that is bad... aborting.

So, i spent a few days only half trying while I was traveling. Now I'm ready to be done with the current ascension. Is there any way to override this, or make mafia or the script not remember anything about the first half of the ascension?

ungawa
AFH

Post by ungawa » Tue Feb 23, 2016 11:35 am

I'm not an expert, but I believe that abort for spending more than 50 adventures somewhere is only checking your "last adventure" location. In the past, the few times I ran into that abort, finishing that zone manually and then adventuring once somewhere else let it continue automation. In this case, you may have to manually kill 10 free snowmen per day and then adventure somewhere else (or daily type "set _snojoFreeFights = 10 to make mafia think you're out of fights, maybe?).

williabr
Spy vs. Pie

Post by williabr » Tue Feb 23, 2016 2:56 pm

ungawa wrote:finishing that zone manually and then adventuring once somewhere else let it continue automation. In this case, you may have to manually kill 10 free snowmen per day and then adventure somewhere else
Perfect! Thank you, that worked.

cheesecookie
Inscrutable Pi

Post by cheesecookie » Tue Feb 23, 2016 8:07 pm

ungawa wrote:I'm not an expert, but I believe that abort for spending more than 50 adventures somewhere is only checking your "last adventure" location. In the past, the few times I ran into that abort, finishing that zone manually and then adventuring once somewhere else let it continue automation. In this case, you may have to manually kill 10 free snowmen per day and then adventure somewhere else (or daily type "set _snojoFreeFights = 10 to make mafia think you're out of fights, maybe?).
That is exactly the case (regarding the 50 adventures issue). I reread and I think I know what you meant now, I can probably do something regarding this, I'm just not sure what my best course of action would be. The workaround ungawa suggested will do. Since it can take between 4-7 days for Softcore AWOL, I actually may need to actively fix this issue.

Crowther
Just Plain Old Pie

Post by Crowther » Mon Mar 07, 2016 7:28 pm

Is this the right place for comments about cc_ascend? The title seems so wrong, especially given the fork on kolmafia.us.

I've been impressed by AWOL handling even though it requires lots of manual intervention. The biggest problem I have so far is I stupidly keep forgetting to take +ML off my boots and the script takes the barrel lid day one and losses every combat. I added casting love stinkbugs to my cc_combat.ash and that actually started winning much more often, since most fights are long and involve lots of stunning (gnats, beanshield) and staggering (cowboy kick, shoot?) the damage adds up.

Anyway, my suggestion is to add casting stinkbugs to the generic < 150 ML monster handling. And thanks!

cheesecookie
Inscrutable Pi

Post by cheesecookie » Tue Mar 08, 2016 2:42 pm

Crowther wrote:Is this the right place for comments about cc_ascend? The title seems so wrong, especially given the fork on kolmafia.us.

I've been impressed by AWOL handling even though it requires lots of manual intervention. The biggest problem I have so far is I stupidly keep forgetting to take +ML off my boots and the script takes the barrel lid day one and losses every combat. I added casting love stinkbugs to my cc_combat.ash and that actually started winning much more often, since most fights are long and involve lots of stunning (gnats, beanshield) and staggering (cowboy kick, shoot?) the damage adds up.

Anyway, my suggestion is to add casting stinkbugs to the generic < 150 ML monster handling. And thanks!
It is, I don't know what to say about the fork on the kolmafia site. It certainly doesn't get updated all that much.

AWOL isn't too bad since the quest line has been identical (whatever mafia tracking that was missing, if any, was already handled by the script - this is why I track things myself as well). But yeah, it has a bit of manual intervention, all of my main's AWOL runs have used it for nearly everything except HC Bean. However, it is getting harder to test for low skill at this point (the testing account I have access to doesn't have the extra skills so I've been lazy about it - and real life work in the way at the moment).

So, yeah the barrel lid is actually an issue and with quest items that provide ML, I can't just closet them. Or Barrel smash them (RIP :( )

I have noticed some issues with the stinkbugs trigger (I remember working on it for 2016) and I've seen it not work on occasion but I didn't know how often it was not working. I will have to get back to that. Does shoot stagger?

Anyway, the reason that it isn't in the default handling is that you could get hit during that action and I'm not too sure about the accuracy of expected_damage in AWOL runs. In any case, it should be attached to a multi-turn stun if possible and I just haven't had a chance to track that. I really need a way to adjust ML internally. But yeah, I need to fix the stinkbugs behavior and make sure it works in AWOL and not just Standard HC/SC.

tl;dr: Will do, just swamped at the work so maybe not until the weekend.

jeffery
Pie of the Sky

Post by jeffery » Tue Mar 08, 2016 10:30 pm

Hello my friends,

Does this script support non-wallaby (ie, gnome or canadia) moon signs in HC Ed?

Also are LT&T and Witchess supported, and if so, do I need to do any preparation?

cheesecookie
Inscrutable Pi

Post by cheesecookie » Wed Mar 09, 2016 10:17 am

jeffery wrote:Hello my friends,
Does this script support non-wallaby (ie, gnome or canadia) moon signs in HC Ed?
Also are LT&T and Witchess supported, and if so, do I need to do any preparation?
I believe so (moonsigns), if you have any issue with the untinker quest, do it manually and report it (tell me what it was doing beforehand, if possible). I vaguely remember it failing sort of randomly seeming once but I just didn't have enough information to work with.

LT&T is only supported insofar that it will take the boots only if they have +ML attached. If they do it, it will not grab them. If you have the boots (let's say you don't have +ML and grab them manually), it will use them as a relatively high priority item because it is assuming they have +ML.

Witchess is not usable in Ed (unless I was lied to). It will be supported otherwise over the weekend. Midterms and grading are killing my free time at the moment.

cheesecookie
Inscrutable Pi

Post by cheesecookie » Tue Mar 15, 2016 11:00 am

There is a known issue with losing combats to the jump causes the Ed abort threshold not to trigger. Not quite sure what we can do about this, as long as you don't regen, the my_hp() == 0 check will catch it (in fact, it'll catch it in the adventure handler before it causes an attempt - which was the intention but in all this time I never actually saw it work until earlier today). This really only affects low-skill low-IoTM accounts though.

icy elemental
Just Plain Old Pie

Post by icy elemental » Fri Mar 18, 2016 7:07 pm

I'm having problems running this script for some reason. I'm trying to use it for automating HC CS. Updated to the newest version of mafia and it still wouldn't work. Mafia says:

"Function 'ccAdvBypass( string, location, string )' undefined. This script may require a more recent version of KoLmafia and/or its supporting scripts. (cc_clan.ash, line 53)"

Anyone able to help with this? I'm completely useless with scripts!

cheesecookie
Inscrutable Pi

Post by cheesecookie » Sat Mar 19, 2016 7:32 pm

icy elemental wrote:I'm having problems running this script for some reason. I'm trying to use it for automating HC CS. Updated to the newest version of mafia and it still wouldn't work. Mafia says:

"Function 'ccAdvBypass( string, location, string )' undefined. This script may require a more recent version of KoLmafia and/or its supporting scripts. (cc_clan.ash, line 53)"

Anyone able to help with this? I'm completely useless with scripts!
You need to run cc_ascend, not anything else.

digitrev
Spy vs. Pie

Post by digitrev » Wed Mar 23, 2016 2:23 pm

So the script seems to be having trouble handling combat today. What sort of information can I post here to help you debug that?

cheesecookie
Inscrutable Pi

Post by cheesecookie » Thu Mar 24, 2016 5:29 pm

digitrev wrote:So the script seems to be having trouble handling combat today. What sort of information can I post here to help you debug that?
Combat log? Make sure to include what path you are in, in case you aren't Ed.

Xande1
Just Plain Old Pie

Post by Xande1 » Mon Mar 28, 2016 5:57 am

Cheesecookie, thanks so much for your work on the ascension script and the snapshot script. I don't script ascensions on my main (I'm weird that way), but cc_ascend is awesome for farming up some karma for the multis. I'm scripting HC Ed. I've just started with it, and will report how it comes in when ascensions are over (looking like 5 days for the first run, with no relevant IotMs, no skill points; it might have been 4 days, but I underestimated the amount of run-time the script needs, so it got interrupted by rollover on days 1 & 2, my fault). EDIT: 5/1087. And again, that's with no starting skills, no relevant IotM's, and bumping into rollover on days 1 & 2. Only a couple of minor interrupts other than the ones listed below. Pretty good for a character who meets basically none of the "requirements" for this script. :)

But I wanted to give some feedback on things from a no-starting-skill, no-IotM-having account while I was thinking about it.
  • With no charters, the script starts out Ka farming in the Hippy Camp, which is good. With no Edpiece, the first attack doesn't auto-miss. Low-level Ed gets mauled by hippies if they get the jump; Jewelry Makers get the jump 70% of the time, so the script interrupts because it lost twice in a row 49% of the time when it encounters a Jewelry maker (36% of the time for other hippies). That's a lot of interrupts. Buying Updgraded Legs first solves this (it doesn't guarantee the jump, but it gets close enough that the odds of losing repeatedly become tiny). If it doesn't mess up the script's farming progression, you could tweak that, otherwise shiny-lacking accounts just need to manually farm 10 Ka and buy it before resuming the script (maybe mention that in the first post or error message?).
  • Since the script is doing its Ka farming in the Hippy Camp, it burns a lot of turns there day 1; it hits the "We have spent over 50 turns at The Hippy Camp and that is bad... aborting." error, which stops the script permanently. The easy solution is to add The Hippy Camp to the location list on line 10,797 of cc_ascend.ash. I don't know how much potential that has to wreck the safety net for non-Ed ascensions, but right now I'm having to re-edit the script every time it updates from SVN.
  • I found a (fortunately non-adventure wasting, but still clock time wasting and server-hit wasting) infinite loop. Doing Castle in the Clouds in the Sky (Basement) with a titanium assault umbrella in inventory, and 48 offstats (this happened because, again, no shinies, no +ML skill) when it hits The Fast and the Furry-ous, takes the "skip and guarantee this recoccurs" choice, since it doesn't have the umbrella equipped. Then it tries to equip the umbrella, fails (requires 50 Muscle, only has 48), adventures again, takes the same choice because it owns an umbrella but doesn't have it equipped, and tries and fails to equip the umbrella again. (See log snippet below) Might be enough of an edge case to not be worth fixing.
  • You can also see in the log snippet from above, the script seems to do a lot of this between adventures: Currently using maid, switches to priest, switches back to maid, then adventures. It seems to do this between every adventure in many/certain locations. Later, when it has the cat, too, it might do cat > priest > maid > cat, again before every adventure. That seems to be a lot of wasted time and server hits on servant switches that accomplish nothing. (again, see log snippets)
Relevant log snippets:
Infinite loop in the castle basement (with pointless servant switching):

Visit to Beanstalk: The Castle in the Clouds in the Sky (Basement) in progress...

[539] The Castle in the Clouds in the Sky (Basement)
Encounter: The Fast and the Furry-ous

Postadventure skipped by standard adventure handler.
cc_disableAdventureHandling => no
We was fast and furry-ous!
You can't equip a titanium assault umbrella
Castle Ground Floor, boring!
Putting your Priest to work...
Your current servant is Sammekamu, the Priest (lvl. 17, 321 xp)

Putting your Maid to work...
Your current servant is Espatis, the Maid (lvl. 7, 60 xp)

We should be getting a Xiblaxian wotsit this combat. Beep boop.
cc_disableAdventureHandling => yes
Starting Ed Battle at The Castle in the Clouds in the Sky (Ground Floor)

Waiting completed.
Turn(538): Starting with 99 left and 0 pulls left at Level: 10
Encounter: -5.0 Exp Bonus: 6.567708333333334
Meat: 47.242833740697165 Item: 10.0
ML: 10 control: 10
HP: 64/64 MP: 281/281
Ka Coins: 44 Lashes used: 0
Waiting completed.
Basement Search
choiceAdventure669 => 1
choiceAdventure669 => 4

Starting Ed Battle at The Castle in the Clouds in the Sky (Basement)

Preadventure skipped by standard adventure handler.

Visit to Beanstalk: The Castle in the Clouds in the Sky (Basement) in progress...

Waiting completed.
Waiting completed.
Basement Search
choiceAdventure669 => 1
choiceAdventure669 => 4

Waiting completed.
Waiting completed.
Basement Search
choiceAdventure669 => 1
choiceAdventure669 => 4

Waiting completed.
Waiting completed.
Basement Search
choiceAdventure669 => 1
choiceAdventure669 => 4

[539] The Castle in the Clouds in the Sky (Ground Floor)

KoLmafia declares world peace.
Two more instances of servant switching:

cc_edCombatStage => 0
Waiting completed.
Turn(565): Starting with 72 left and 0 pulls left at Level: 10
Encounter: 0.0 Exp Bonus: 6.598958333333334
Meat: 56.49719092257398 Item: 10.0
HP: 66/66 MP: 290/293
Ka Coins: 71 Lashes used: 0
Waiting completed.
Castle Top Floor
choiceAdventure678 => 3
choiceAdventure678 => 1
Your current servant is Sammekamu, the Priest (lvl. 18, 324 xp)

Your current servant is Espatis, the Maid (lvl. 9, 81 xp)

Starting Ed Battle at The Castle in the Clouds in the Sky (Top Floor)

Visit to Beanstalk: The Castle in the Clouds in the Sky (Top Floor) in progress...

[566] The Castle in the Clouds in the Sky (Top Floor)

========================================================

Oil Peak with ML: 10
Your current servant is Sammekamu, the Priest (lvl. 23, 324 xp)

Your current servant is Espatis, the Maid (lvl. 14, 90 xp)

Putting your Cat to work...
Your current servant is Sebbaktmakaptah, the Cat (lvl. 15, 102 xp)

Taking off Xiblaxian holo-wrist-puter...
Equipment changed.
Starting Ed Battle at Oil Peak

cheesecookie
Inscrutable Pi

Post by cheesecookie » Tue Mar 29, 2016 12:49 am

I don't often get a lot of Hippy Camp feedback unfortunately, so I have less ideas of what to do about that. The legs aren't a terrible option though. I recently patched some low level combat but did not have to deal with init issues - and of course, the recent issue with losing the jump and edDefeatsAborts not triggering. That may have been just a problem with that trigger, I don't remember anymore, just had to manually count combats and do the check myself. Do they get the jump if you don't run ML? Maybe if I reduce that, it'll be ok. I'm not sure if skills can compensate for that alone. They appear to be able to compensate for missing iotms as long as some no-jump combat can be found. I guess more tinkering needs to be done there.

I can add the Hippy Camp next update so you don't have to worry about that again. So, before April! It probably won't affect any other paths. The Hippy Camp is only used to farm for the hippy outfit at level 9+ (when you can get non-combats to offset low item) and only if it can't get the outfit from rain man or numberology, it might be willing to yellow ray it but I don't think it does often (at least not on day 1).

I had a recent issue with the Castle for a different reason (failing to back farm). I'm somewhat amused that it fails the ground floor and goes back to the basement, I expected it to get stuck in a "can't adventure here" loop. In any case, I can do the equip check next update. Hmm, how did it not trigger basement completion but still try the ground floor once before giving up. I'll have to look at that since something is not quite right about that. I may as well go around and put can_equip checks in more places or maybe just wrap equip to automatically do it. Yeah, that seems better and fixes my paradigm better.

The servant switching is a long standing thing. The same situation used to occur for familiars but I patched it out last month and it is in my to-do list for Ed. I just don't know if it'll be an issue with the advBypass handler which has become a critical component in handling any non-typical adventure. It will get fixed but it is low priority, mostly because it isn't something I can spend 10 minutes to do and be comfortable with and it follows the golden rule of correctness. Heh, correctness. The cc_familiarChoice behavior in handleFamiliar was quite tedious and kept me from being able to push updates for several days while I had to work out kinks. However, I've been running a weak account in Ed and will do the testing on that once I get my current set of quick fixes out (had to get me a pet sweater on the cheap/quick the last few days).

Aside from the last paragraph, these changes should be implemented in r753.

wildsider
Just Plain Old Pie

Post by wildsider » Mon Apr 04, 2016 11:52 pm

I keep getting this error whenever i try to start your script

cc_ascend/cc_util.ash could not be found (cc_awol.ash, line 4)

How can I fix it?

cheesecookie
Inscrutable Pi

Post by cheesecookie » Tue Apr 05, 2016 7:56 am

wildsider wrote:I keep getting this error whenever i try to start your script

cc_ascend/cc_util.ash could not be found (cc_awol.ash, line 4)

How can I fix it?
Try purging the script and downloading it again.