Hardcore Ed Script Ascending (Ascends various paths suboptimally)

For script writing
cheesecookie
Inscrutable Pi

Hardcore Ed Script Ascending (Ascends various paths suboptimally)

Post by cheesecookie » Fri Mar 06, 2015 3:21 pm

Requirements:
VIP Key

Optional:
Conspiracy Island Access (Dinsey/Volcano/VYKEA or Hippies can substitute but may have some early interrupts).
Chateau with Mountain Man - You also really want this but it will do it manually.
Lovebugs - But you really want this.
Florist Friar (Without it the MP management will probably be a bit worse but whatevs).
Ed's Codpiece
Xi Receiver (for the +10% item drop and ultraburrito, if you don't have it, it just won't get that bonus)
Deck of Every Card (Mostly just turngen and a potential backup for Mountain Man)
6 starting points (it can work with less but many do things strangely or ignore a few things).

PreAscension:
Chateau: +Myst, +Rests, Juice Bar, Mountain Man (+Myst will be replaced automatically if you forgot).
Ice House: AMC Gremlin

Valhalla Reqs:
Preferred: Astral Pilsners and Astral Ring (for easy mode)
Astral Hot Dogs or Pilsners
Astral Mask or Astral Ring or Astral Belt
Wallaby

Major Issues:

If no Conspiracy Island, there isn't a backup drink set for the Highest Bidder.
Day 1 Astral Hot Dog will often not get eaten before the end of day message.
Overdrinking is still manual.
In some cases, it ends early without consuming enough because it can't find food it wants to eat. Eat some food, it'll handle the booze itself it you took pilsners, it's just trying to delay them.
Takes 3-4 days, due to awful coding and doesn't even put the McMuffin on the altar!

Anyway, here is the script svn gCLI command for Mafia:

Code: Select all

svn checkout https://svn.code.sf.net/p/ccascend/code/cc_ascend

The primary script that starts the ascension is "cc_ascend.ash". It is unspecified (catch fire) how it behaves if you run it midway into an ascension. Run after getting the Staff of Ed. Beep boop.

Configuration:
In the relay browser, on the topbar of the game page is a drop down menu that says "-run script". Click that and then select "cheeseascend" to in order to bring up the configuration options. This page will also let you safely abort the script as well as see some statistics.

Disclaimers:
When in Ed, this script is massively fiddly. It will UNDYING to eek out as much benefit as it can figure out and often that requires 30 combat rounds to do so. So, yeah. That.
Also, sometimes when the script aborts, it just needs to be restarted.
The script will not resolve a battle if Ka is required to UNDYING.
Don't complain too much, but any major issues please let me know, I likes to fix things.

Do you have Conspiracy Island or access to Universal Epcot Dinseyland? Maybe Mafia doesn't think you do: That and some other things can be set via the relay browser settings. Where are those? Look at the top bar in the relay browser, see "-run script-"? Click that and select cheeseascend for a list of configurable settings and some data about the current ascension.

Using cc_dickstab voids your warranty (prefref warranty). It is not guaranteed to work well. It may (read: will, unless you are fully loaded) require some manual intervention. That is all.
Last edited by cheesecookie on Wed Jul 12, 2017 12:13 pm, edited 19 times in total.

playultm8
Gatekeeper of Hell

Re: Hardcore Ed Script Ascending

Post by playultm8 » Thu Mar 26, 2015 1:23 am

Is this still available in SVN? I used the checkout command above, and while mafia does report "Done", it doesn't appear to actually download anything.

littlelolligagged
Leader of Heck

Post by littlelolligagged » Thu Mar 26, 2015 1:19 pm

svn checkout https://svn.code.sf.net/p/cheeseascend/svn/
Try that

transplanted_entwife
Oh my! Guy with Pie!

Post by transplanted_entwife » Thu Mar 26, 2015 6:58 pm

Javamonkey is getting this error:

chateaumantegna.ash could not be found (cc_util.ash, line 6)

Help?

ETA: Fixed- thank you, Cheesecookie!

lotsofphil
Leader of rum ham

Post by lotsofphil » Fri Mar 27, 2015 11:01 am

It did not eat on D2.
It sometimes complains about MP when it has chateau rests to spare.

cheesecookie
Inscrutable Pi

Post by cheesecookie » Fri Mar 27, 2015 4:28 pm

lotsofphil wrote:It did not eat on D2.
It sometimes complains about MP when it has chateau rests to spare.
The complaint about MP is mostly if you want to try to do something about it but it will use restorers if it can afterwards (it saves Chateau rests for later).

Without Xiblaxian it won't eat on day 2 unless you have Astral Hot Dogs. It shouldn't have finished eating on Day 1 if you didn't take Astral Hot Dogs either. I will probably have it set to donate gameinformers and eat a Video Game Hot Dog if there are not Astral Hot Dogs.

findali
Just Plain Old Pie

Post by findali » Fri Mar 27, 2015 11:05 pm

The new command isn't putting anything in the scripts folder. I'm using mafia 15645.

Edit: Seems to be working now.
Last edited by findali on Sat Mar 28, 2015 9:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

lotsofphil
Leader of rum ham

Post by lotsofphil » Sat Mar 28, 2015 7:44 am

3/694 HC. Not bad at all :)

littlelolligagged
Leader of Heck

Post by littlelolligagged » Sat Mar 28, 2015 6:18 pm

The most recent for mommyneedssleep, without CI, was 3/725.

LeafyGreens
Inscrutable Pi

Post by LeafyGreens » Mon Mar 30, 2015 2:37 pm

Mine was 3/682, but I did the f'c'le, billiards room, library, and tavern (with no elemental damage, and of course hit 4 NCs).

transplanted_entwife
Oh my! Guy with Pie!

Post by transplanted_entwife » Mon Mar 30, 2015 5:28 pm

Javamonkey's latest CHEDDAH run was 3/721 (14 starting points). Fun! =D

transplanted_entwife
Oh my! Guy with Pie!

Post by transplanted_entwife » Wed Apr 01, 2015 8:10 am

Javamonkey's latest CHEDDAH run: 3/686 (16 starting points)... ook ook! =D

Creelie
Inscrutable Pi

Post by Creelie » Sat Apr 11, 2015 3:09 pm

Getting ready to use this, but the relay browser settings manager looks... really buggy. 6 toggle-able options appear several blank pages down, and the only things above them are the words "Banishes" and then later "Yellow Rays". Any idea what I'm doing to cause that?

cheesecookie
Inscrutable Pi

Post by cheesecookie » Sun Apr 12, 2015 7:49 am

Creelie wrote:Getting ready to use this, but the relay browser settings manager looks... really buggy. 6 toggle-able options appear several blank pages down, and the only things above them are the words "Banishes" and then later "Yellow Rays". Any idea what I'm doing to cause that?
I think that was sort of happening in the first revision with the relay browser settings and since you say 6 options, I'm guessing you managed to get that version of the script. I don't remember it being several blank pages down but it was certainly displaced. There was just a missing HTML tag somewhere, I think </table>

If you are still getting this with r267, let me know.

Creelie
Inscrutable Pi

Post by Creelie » Sun Apr 12, 2015 10:15 am

Revision 267 in place! The relay settings look much better now, thanks!

Creelie
Inscrutable Pi

Post by Creelie » Fri Apr 17, 2015 11:16 am

Trying to post session log of combat stuckness here, or at least a segment of it:
The forum doesn't want me to Submit, so I'll try making the post and then pasting it in on Edit.

ETA: Grahhh, it's not working. Anyway, I'm preeeetty sure it was actually a mafia inventory error? Because at the time I had 13 Ka but the mafia window said 0 Ka, and I guess I lost a fight too many times and needed to spend 1 Ka to UNDYING! Ka that mafia might have been telling the script I didn't have?

0-skill ascender problems :(

cheesecookie
Inscrutable Pi

Post by cheesecookie » Fri Apr 17, 2015 7:02 pm

Creelie wrote:Trying to post session log of combat stuckness here, or at least a segment of it:
The forum doesn't want me to Submit, so I'll try making the post and then pasting it in on Edit.

ETA: Grahhh, it's not working. Anyway, I'm preeeetty sure it was actually a mafia inventory error? Because at the time I had 13 Ka but the mafia window said 0 Ka, and I guess I lost a fight too many times and needed to spend 1 Ka to UNDYING! Ka that mafia might have been telling the script I didn't have?

0-skill ascender problems :(
The lowest I ever tested with was 2-skill and I tried to plan for less but I've heard some issues with 1-skill and I assume 0-skill would be the same. Hopefully, some of the defensive changes will make things a little easier on the low skill set.

At least you aren't using the script in Heavy Rains, I think it goes a tad nutty if you don't have all 9 starting skills.

littlelolligagged
Leader of Heck

Post by littlelolligagged » Sat Apr 18, 2015 8:32 pm

I just noticed that the last one was 3/661. That's pretty amazing, cheese :)

Creelie
Inscrutable Pi

Post by Creelie » Tue Apr 21, 2015 10:09 am

For your records: the script completed a 0-skill ascension in 4/910, taking about 5.5 hours of runtime (minus getting stuck at certain points until I checked on it) and less than 1 hour of "driving" time.

This is totally my new RL speed solution :-D

cheesecookie
Inscrutable Pi

Post by cheesecookie » Tue Apr 21, 2015 4:47 pm

Creelie wrote:For your records: the script completed a 0-skill ascension in 4/910, taking about 5.5 hours of runtime (minus getting stuck at certain points until I checked on it) and less than 1 hour of "driving" time.

This is totally my new RL speed solution :-D
Yay! Glad to help! It could go faster (you may notice a 5 second delay between turns) but I figure it's nice to spread out the requests (there are actually other reasons for this delay behavior).

It should get better in terms of "driving" time as you get more skills. At this point, I set it running, go teach a class, come back and run it again if it got stuck.

Croft
Just Plain Old Pie

Post by Croft » Wed Apr 22, 2015 4:04 am

Thanks for the script!

After updating Kolmafia (r15764) and the script (r218) I encountered this error message:
cc_ascend/cc_elementalPlanes.ash could not be found (cc_ascend.ash, line 22)

Disregard. I reread the first post and discovered the second repository.

einkaufen
Just Plain Old Pie

Post by einkaufen » Wed Apr 22, 2015 2:27 pm

Amazing script!

I've only run into one minor issue on a multi so far:

If the script runs out of adventures, you've manually eaten a hot dog but enough stomach space for another is left it keeps trying to eat another hot dog and in order to do so buys Gauze Hammocks or GameInform magazines depending on what setting is active and stocks the hot dog stand.

I don't know if Kolmafia tracks hotdog consumption but I guess a simple fix would be adding a variable that tracks if

buy_using_storage(10, $item[Gauze Hammock], 6000);
or

buy_using_storage(3, $item[GameInformPowerDailyPro Magazine], 2500);
was already done on that day so you don't end up buying 10 Gauze Hammocks every turn.

if((my_daycount() == 1) && (my_level() >= 9) && ((my_fullness() + 3) <= fullness_limit()) && (item_amount($item[Astral Hot Dog]) == 0) && (my_adventures() < 10) && (item_amount($item[Clan VIP Lounge Key]) > 0))
	{
		if(get_property("cc_dickstab").to_boolean())
		{
			buy_using_storage(10, $item[Gauze Hammock], 6000);
			visit_url("clan_viplounge.php?preaction=hotdogsupply&hagnks=1&whichdog=-101&quantity=3");
			cli_execute("eat 1 sleeping dog");
		}
		else
		{
			buy_using_storage(3, $item[GameInformPowerDailyPro Magazine], 2500);
			visit_url("clan_viplounge.php?preaction=hotdogsupply&hagnks=1&whichdog=-103&quantity=3");
			cli_execute("eat 1 video games hot dog");
		}
	}

cheesecookie
Inscrutable Pi

Post by cheesecookie » Wed Apr 22, 2015 6:47 pm

einkaufen wrote:Amazing script!

I've only run into one minor issue on a multi so far:

If the script runs out of adventures, you've manually eaten a hot dog but enough stomach space for another is left it keeps trying to eat another hot dog and in order to do so buys Gauze Hammocks or GameInform magazines depending on what setting is active and stocks the hot dog stand...
I did not anticipate that behavior but mafia tracks it so I'll update that shortly. Thanks for the report :) And by update that shortly, I mean, it's updated now r279/r220. I'm not sure what'll happen if you eat a hot dog outside of mafia and run this, it'll probably end up buying the materials, donating them and the failed eating would set it in mafia.

Gober
Just Plain Old Pie

Post by Gober » Tue Apr 28, 2015 5:10 am

I get an error "Bad effect value: "Rotten Memories" (cc_util.ash, line 1300)" when trying to run it right after ascending and getting the staff. Any ideas?

digitrev
Spy vs. Pie

Post by digitrev » Tue Apr 28, 2015 2:12 pm

Gober wrote:I get an error "Bad effect value: "Rotten Memories" (cc_util.ash, line 1300)" when trying to run it right after ascending and getting the staff. Any ideas?
Sounds like you need to update Mafia.

cheesecookie
Inscrutable Pi

Post by cheesecookie » Tue Apr 28, 2015 7:33 pm

Gober wrote:I get an error "Bad effect value: "Rotten Memories" (cc_util.ash, line 1300)" when trying to run it right after ascending and getting the staff. Any ideas?
I got ninja'ed by digitrev, but yeah, update mafia. Whenever changes come around, I will usually push script changes less than a day after Mafia officially supports them to give people time to update. So, that new May ioTM may result in forcing people to have to update more frequently for the first first days of May.

lostcalpolydude
Forum Maestro

Post by lostcalpolydude » Wed Apr 29, 2015 3:32 pm

You can use since to have the script tell people they need a specific mafia version when it aborts rather than giving a more vague message that just looks like the script might be broken.
bmaher: Softcore character
lostcalpolydude: Hardcore character (abandoned)

Creelie
Inscrutable Pi

Post by Creelie » Thu Apr 30, 2015 6:28 am

1-skill and 'Edpiece: 4/839.
-I noticed Day 3 it was spending a lot of time in Barf Mountain; this was after I drank a couple of Flivvers, but I had lots of meat left over. Does it want/need a certain amount of meat saved up for something (I have the dickstab option toggled off), or was it just going for easy FunFunds?
-I've had to do the Trapper quest manually twice now. Does it need enough skill points for day 1 Wrath of Ra before it will use the mountain man painting?

cheesecookie
Inscrutable Pi

Post by cheesecookie » Thu Apr 30, 2015 5:10 pm

lostcalpolydude wrote:You can use since to have the script tell people they need a specific mafia version when it aborts rather than giving a more vague message that just looks like the script might be broken.
Sounds good, that's exactly what I wanted and needed.
Creelie wrote:1-skill and 'Edpiece: 4/839.
-I noticed Day 3 it was spending a lot of time in Barf Mountain; this was after I drank a couple of Flivvers, but I had lots of meat left over. Does it want/need a certain amount of meat saved up for something (I have the dickstab option toggled off), or was it just going for easy FunFunds?
-I've had to do the Trapper quest manually twice now. Does it need enough skill points for day 1 Wrath of Ra before it will use the mountain man painting?
It was probably trying to get the FunFunds from the bag of park garbage. There is a setting in the relay settings (topbar of the browser, the dropdown that shows -run script-) to disable it from getting those funfunds if you prefer. Since the script isn't really at any day boundaries, it just adds a few adventures each day but gets you funfunds.

Regarding the trapper quest, yes, it wants Wrath of Ra first. That wasn't always the case but then it wouldn't necessarily be able to yellow ray the mountain man. That is actually an issue for low skilled accounts that I inadvertantly put into place. Since the script leaves you with 1 adventure left at the end of the day, you can always fight the mountain man manually at the end of the day if you need it.

Gober
Just Plain Old Pie

Post by Gober » Fri May 01, 2015 10:46 pm

Thanks for the help, I got it up and running. Except all it wants to do is adventure in the hippy camp in disguise, which seems like a waste. I don't have CI, could that be it?

cheesecookie
Inscrutable Pi

Post by cheesecookie » Sat May 02, 2015 5:40 pm

Gober wrote:Thanks for the help, I got it up and running. Except all it wants to do is adventure in the hippy camp in disguise, which seems like a waste. I don't have CI, could that be it?
The "in disguise" part confuses me a little but it will farm for Ka at the hippy camp if you have neither of: CI or Dinsey.

Jargonion
Just Plain Old Pie

Post by Jargonion » Sat May 02, 2015 9:43 pm

Is there a way I can tell the script what it's already done if it somehow forgets?

Last run it spent an entire day trying to find the larva, despite having done it long ago. The day after, it spent a boatload of adventures trying to get the blueprints, despite having already beaten beer-pong. The day before yesterday, it spent a load of turns trying to get the nostril of the serpent, even though it'd found it a week ago. I've been running up-to-date versions of mafia and the script, so I can't figure out what the issue is. If there's a way I could step in and fix these hiccups (which never happened in previous runs) if they happen again, I'd like to know.

But thanks a ton for the script, it's so awesome!

cheesecookie
Inscrutable Pi

Post by cheesecookie » Sat May 02, 2015 10:06 pm

Jargonion wrote:Is there a way I can tell the script what it's already done if it somehow forgets?

Last run it spent an entire day trying to find the larva, despite having done it long ago. The day after, it spent a boatload of adventures trying to get the blueprints, despite having already beaten beer-pong. The day before yesterday, it spent a load of turns trying to get the nostril of the serpent, even though it'd found it a week ago. I've been running up-to-date versions of mafia and the script, so I can't figure out what the issue is. If there's a way I could step in and fix these hiccups (which never happened in previous runs) if they happen again, I'd like to know.

But thanks a ton for the script, it's so awesome!

You'd have to figure out which setting in the script corresponds to what you've done. It is able to figure out a good number of the completed things that mafia tracks but things with multiple steps (like the pirates) are not converted yet. The larva should have been handled several revisions ago so you might want to make sure you have an updated version (it has had some updating strangeness so I often suggest purging it and reinstalling it and version numbers can be checked from the relay settings).

If this is something that just seemed to happen out of nowhere, one thing that gives me issues is because I run my account at home and at work and if I leave myself logged in at home but run my turns and work, come back home and close mafia at home, it replaces my settings with what I had before I ran my turns at work. I'm almost wondering if you had an issue like that.

In any case, if things come up, feel free to poke me while they are happening (if you catch them) so the situation can be figured out. It can be kinda difficult to pinpoint some issues after the fact.

Jargonion
Just Plain Old Pie

Post by Jargonion » Sat May 02, 2015 11:15 pm

Fantastic, many thanks. I'll purge and reinstall and double-check all version numbers. I'll keep a close eye on it the next time I run it, but I anticipate no further issues after the purge. Thanks again.

Gober
Just Plain Old Pie

Post by Gober » Sun May 03, 2015 11:44 am

cheesecookie wrote:
Gober wrote:Thanks for the help, I got it up and running. Except all it wants to do is adventure in the hippy camp in disguise, which seems like a waste. I don't have CI, could that be it?
The "in disguise" part confuses me a little but it will farm for Ka at the hippy camp if you have neither of: CI or Dinsey.
I mean it kept putting on the hippy outfit and adventuring in the Hippy Camp, getting all non-combats. Maybe those were just the best hat/pants I had in my inventory, and it didn't realize how it would affect adventuring there?

cheesecookie
Inscrutable Pi

Post by cheesecookie » Sun May 03, 2015 5:44 pm

Gober wrote:I mean it kept putting on the hippy outfit and adventuring in the Hippy Camp, getting all non-combats. Maybe those were just the best hat/pants I had in my inventory, and it didn't realize how it would affect adventuring there?
Nice catch and observation. Yes, it is putting on both outfit pieces and inadvertently making that outfit, damn. Well, I'll just pull that hat out of the list for now so r292/r234 should fix this. Thanks for the info.

BC_Goldman
My Pie Blown Sky High

Post by BC_Goldman » Fri May 08, 2015 8:17 pm

0-skill HCEd run completed in 4/946. There were a handful of issues but that was expected due to low skillcount. Currently done day 2 of a 2-skill run and today went off without a hitch.

A+, would use again :thumbs:

hotdeth
Just Plain Old Pie

Post by hotdeth » Tue May 12, 2015 10:36 am

Another full skill HC Ed run completed. Still a couple minor issues you already know about.

1. 3x vacation vouchers but island not opened. Caught day 1 this time.
2. The war wasn't finished(weisnewski guy not fought)

On a bright note once I finished the war and rested 3x to get to lvl 13 the script finished my Ed run in 43 turns on day 3. This is awfully close to breaking into the 2 day territory. I'm ashamed to admit this 3/599 run is actually 53 turns faster than my best run ever. Congrats on making a fantastic ascending script!!!

I'm going to start a new run today with the latest ascend script (I was about 7 revisions behind) and see if that resovled my issues.

ungawa
AFH

Post by ungawa » Wed May 13, 2015 6:39 am

Very nice, I ran this for the first time while on vacation last week and it took very little intervention.

I dropped Ed at the tower to try to fight the normal NS for the bear verb orgy PVP mini, so maybe that's why I've had some odd behavior.
It looks like the script sets a few scripts in the "Preferences->Automation" window (Post-Adventure, King Freed). Since finishing the automated ascension and going back to playing manually, I didn't know those scripts were in place and they caused some goofiness until I figured it out and disabled them. Maybe letting the script finish automation is expected to remove those automation scripts, so disregard if this was caused by not letting the script finish.

cheesecookie
Inscrutable Pi

Post by cheesecookie » Wed May 13, 2015 1:59 pm

ungawa wrote:Very nice, I ran this for the first time while on vacation last week and it took very little intervention.

I dropped Ed at the tower to try to fight the normal NS for the bear verb orgy PVP mini, so maybe that's why I've had some odd behavior.
It looks like the script sets a few scripts in the "Preferences->Automation" window (Post-Adventure, King Freed). Since finishing the automated ascension and going back to playing manually, I didn't know those scripts were in place and they caused some goofiness until I figured it out and disabled them. Maybe letting the script finish automation is expected to remove those automation scripts, so disregard if this was caused by not letting the script finish.
I've been meaning to get around to having those changed back at the end of ascension (or at bedtime, as is done with recovery/xiblaxian/charpane) but never got around to it with pre/post/liberation. In either case, the script would have needed to get to bedtime or completion for them to be returned to their prior values.

So, not letting the script finish would have caused this even if it were handled correctly by the script and I am planning to do that just been busy with my own leaderboard attempts. Thanks for the reminder though! I wasn't sure how many people those scripts settings affected because I don't always get enough feedback. I'll move this up my queue of things to do.

ungawa
AFH

Post by ungawa » Wed May 13, 2015 2:51 pm

Thanks. It's not a big problem. The only reason I brought it up was I thought the King Freed script had gotten stuck in a loop buying shirt kits, but digging around I see it was just using thor's pliers free crafts. By that point, I figured I might as well submit the post anyway instead of deleting it.

blisterguy
Master of the Coin

Post by blisterguy » Wed Jun 10, 2015 1:36 am

I started using this for a HC One Crazy Summer run, and it's great, thanks!

However, it seems to be continuing to adventure in the Spookyraven Bedroom well after unlocking the ballroom. Is that normal?

edit: updated to the latest version and still getting this error:
"We are currently in a choice and mafia won't automatically handle this. It's usually One Simple Nightstand that causes this but you might have a bonus. Woo."

blisterguy
Master of the Coin

Post by blisterguy » Thu Jun 11, 2015 6:02 am

set cc_spookyravensecond =finished seems like it may have fixed the bedroom thing, but now it's trying to make Boris's key Lime pies without any limes.

einkaufen
Just Plain Old Pie

Post by einkaufen » Sat Jun 13, 2015 12:06 pm

blisterguy wrote:I started using this for a HC One Crazy Summer run, and it's great, thanks!

However, it seems to be continuing to adventure in the Spookyraven Bedroom well after unlocking the ballroom. Is that normal?
Were you BestBetweenBattlescript or something else that sets choice adv?

Softcore OCRS works very well, ccascend just finished a 2/59x seal clubber run here.

Crowther
Just Plain Old Pie

Post by Crowther » Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:23 pm

I ran into and fixed a couple of problems I had with this script. The goal for getting the shoes in the gallery wasn't being set. Dream jars were not being farmed. The script infinitely loops trying to get the dictionary if the pirate cove is closed during the war (this happened because I spent to many turns leveling in the gallery). My patch fixes all of these.

I'm still trying to understand better what all this script does, however it's going to be a couple of weeks before I have time to ascend again.
Attachments
cc_ascend.ash.patch
(1.71 KiB) Downloaded 38 times

cheesecookie
Inscrutable Pi

Post by cheesecookie » Wed Jul 01, 2015 9:02 pm

Crowther wrote:I ran into and fixed a couple of problems I had with this script. The goal for getting the shoes in the gallery wasn't being set. Dream jars were not being farmed. The script infinitely loops trying to get the dictionary if the pirate cove is closed during the war (this happened because I spent to many turns lecveling in the gallery). My patch fixes all of these.

I'm still trying to understand better what all this script does, however it's going to be a couple of weeks before I have time to ascend again.
Someone mentioned the louvre thing to me as a setting that could be undone by the user. I didn't know how to set it though so, I can use that from the patch.

As for the dream jars, the script expects AEDs outside of Ed (while the script has some general purpose softcore handling, I only publically posted it as an Ed script) so it doesn't farm any spleen. I need to make a list of spleen familiars (I would think Golden Monkey would be better for spleen farming if available, just as an example) that it could go through, however, it looks like you have found the places I need to put that code in so when I get a little bit of time, I'll do that for a more generic spleen farming situation.

As for the dictionary, that final check is a good one and I should have done that from the beginning. I'm not sure if I'm going to gate that purchase with a settings check yet (if I do, I'll use the cc_war setting for now since I try not to always rely on mafia's tracking for reasons that I won't get into).

Anyway, thanks for putting that in patch format, it's a tad out of date compared to the current revision but was very easy to merge and expressed in a way that English can not match :)

Crowther
Just Plain Old Pie

Post by Crowther » Thu Jul 02, 2015 11:45 am

Ooops. I didn't realize I wasn't up to date. Sorry.

Yeah, that spleen stuff I added was a bit hacky. I have the collective instead of the monkey, because it's so cute. We all know that being cute is optimal.

Gating the dictionary reduces server hits, but only when the war is started too early, which should be rare. It wasn't until I looked at how the fliers were coded that I realized an item check was a very good idea.

cheesecookie
Inscrutable Pi

Post by cheesecookie » Thu Jul 02, 2015 12:06 pm

Crowther wrote:Ooops. I didn't realize I wasn't up to date. Sorry.

Yeah, that spleen stuff I added was a bit hacky. I have the collective instead of the monkey, because it's so cute. We all know that being cute is optimal.

Gating the dictionary reduces server hits, but only when the war is started too early, which should be rare. It wasn't until I looked at how the fliers were coded that I realized an item check was a very good idea.
Cute is quite optimal, I concur. I just want to do some stuff to make it select from available spleenie familiars, particularly since the collective is going out of standard/t69 at the end of the year :(

Good point about the server hits, I'll gate it. I have some bad spots regarding server hits :(

einkaufen
Just Plain Old Pie

Post by einkaufen » Mon Jul 06, 2015 8:41 pm

This may be old news but in Ed the script stops in round 1 when fighting faxed LFM even though it has no problem crushing them at the beach (and enough MP for storm of the scarab).
fax receive
You acquire an item: photocopied monster

use 1 photocopied monster

[65] photocopied monster
Encounter: lobsterfrogman
Round 0: xrm1 wins initiative!
> cc_combatHandler: 0
Round 1: xrm1 casts SUMMON LOVE GNATS!

[65] Noob Cave
Round 2: xrm1 attacks!
Round 3: lobsterfrogman takes 6 damage.
Round 3: xrm1 attacks!
Round 4: lobsterfrogman takes 8 damage.
Round 4: You lose 159 hit points
And at level 10:
[260] photocopied monster
Encounter: lobsterfrogman
Round 0: xrm1 wins initiative!

cc_combatHandler: 0
cc_combatHandler =>
cc_diag_round => 0
cc_combatHandler => (love gnats)
Round 1: xrm1 casts SUMMON LOVE GNATS!

[260] Noob Cave
cc_diag_round => 1
cc_combatHandler => (love gnats)(last attempt)
Round 2: xrm1 attacks!
Round 3: lobsterfrogman takes 7 damage.
cc_diag_round => 2
Could not handle monster, sorry
Round 3: xrm1 executes a macro!
KoLmafia thinks it is round 4 but KoL thinks it is round 3
You're on your own, partner.

cheesecookie
Inscrutable Pi

Post by cheesecookie » Thu Jul 09, 2015 9:08 pm

einkaufen wrote:This may be old news but in Ed the script stops in round 1 when fighting faxed LFM even though it has no problem crushing them at the beach (and enough MP for storm of the scarab).
Actually, this is the reminder I need to get on that. It hit me too when I was able to borrow an account for Ed testing, I'll fix that over the weekend I just need to get back to my main computer.

Nevermind that, the error was not the one I expected, it was easier. I had the wrong combat filter in place (didn't check for Ed and used a default combat filter). So, r348 fixes this.

For reference, if an error makes goes on for more than a few days, it means I don't know about it or forgot it so don't worry about reporting it. Error reporting makes things better for everyone :) Thanks for the reminder!

Ultibot
Just Plain Old Pie

Post by Ultibot » Tue Jul 14, 2015 6:18 am

I've been running the script for about a week now, seeing if I can get my hardcore standard sauceror runs more stable than by using bumcheekascend.
I like this script much more in that it's easier to make changes since it's more human-readable.
I have a few fixes at the moment to help get the thing more stable.
1. In cc_ascend.ash, there's one instance of

bjornify_familiar($familiar[Grim Brother]);
which should be changed to:

handleBjornify($familiar[Grim Brother]);
It won't exactly affect the script's stability, but it will get rid of the notice every turn if you don't have one in hardcore hehe.

2. For hardcore, getting wet stew requires farming for it at whitey's grove. I didn't see any logic handling it.
So I wrote this:
http://pastie.org/pastes/10291726/text
It can probably still use some adjustments in precheese.ash to run +combat and +items there which I still haven't added.

3. I've also been seeing a lot of testing for Talisman O' Namsilat in my inventory when it's equipped and spitting out error messages which don't exactly crash the script. The fix I found was simply testing if it's equipped as well like so:

if((item_amount($item[gaudy key]) < 2) && (item_amount($item[Talisman O\' Namsilat]) < 1) && have_equipped($item[Talisman O\' Namsilat]) == false)
There's also many other areas in the script to check if it's equipped as well.

4. For hardcore sauceror, regarding combat, I would like to suggest casting curse of weaksauce round 1 then saucegeyser for the finisher it will allow for gaining much needed MP in hardcore. I also have been opening the guild manually and having the script buy MMJ for restoring MP to help keep all its buffs up.

I did a bunch of other changes as well. Here's what I'm currently using for hardcore standard sauceror:
cc_combat.ash: http://pastebin.com/SGmbNi66
cc_ascend.ash: http://pastebin.com/FzKprgN4
precheese.ash: http://pastebin.com/JQUsyGX8
postcheese.ash: http://pastebin.com/jYUndpbW
cc_util.ash: http://pastebin.com/xRAgvUM0
cc_equipment.ash: http://pastebin.com/1RWXuhSK
And, because I was getting sick of the king liberated script, hehe, I changed it to:
kingcheese.ash: http://pastebin.com/hHu9DJMH
I could have commented it out from the main script which runs it in the first place, but thought I'd keep the script there in case I think of anything I wanna do after freeing the king.

I'm currently in the process of examining bumcheekcity's bcascGuild() function for opening the guild, to save me from having to do it manually.
I'm also working on a having the script automate Deck of Every Card to gain 500 of each stat. From turn 1, I think it makes scripting logic a lot easier to start off from a sane level to automate. Other good options would be ore, but meh, I'd sooner clover for ore. Perhaps it would be a good day 2 target. As far as the painting, I'm liking bram the stroker.

Regarding consumption, I try to run slimeling at the Nook. Then after setting the ballroom song, I farm a hellion or two for Hell ramen.
Thus day 1 my food diet is spaghetti breakfast, sleeping dog, hi mein, Hell ramen, and snow crab. My Booze diet has been inconsistent so-far and tends to be some sort of combination of Bee's Knees, lucky lindey, Hot Socks, 3 Paint A Vulgar Pitcher, 5 Ambitious Turkeys, and for my night nap, usually a drink like roll in the hay works. For spleen, I go with Unconscious Collective Dream Jar, and hopefully something I can pulverize into wads, then at the very end of the day, when I have no adventures left and need to overdrink, I use astral energy drink and put in a few more turns.
I've tried the mayo clinic before, but between automating buffs and buying MMJ to regen MP, I can't seem to make the mayo clinic fit just yet into my scripted ascension logic. I'll have to make some adjustments to spending MP more wisely and not wasting it on astral shell, ghostly shell, and shield of the pastalord, and the saucespheres, disco fever, rage of the reindeer, and springy fusilli if I'm handling the monsters just fine without.

More to come. Thanks for the script!

July 19th Edit:
Had a problem this run where "I Love Me, Vol. I" hadn't dropped yet and because the 4 photographs were in my inventory, the script was trying to use "I Love Me, Vol. I" which wasn't in my inventory in an attempt to place the 4 photographs. The script should instead continue adventuring until it fights its 5th monster which can drop it. So I changed the if statement to:

if( (total == 4 && item_amount($item["I Love Me\, Vol. I"]) > 0) || (total == 0 && loveMeDone) )
July 20th Edit:
in cc_ascend.ash, had to change:

if (to_int(get_property("lastTempleUnlock")) == my_ascensions())
to:

if (to_int(get_property("lastTempleUnlock")) != my_ascensions())
Since the property checks for the hidden temple being unlocked, not the hidden city.

in cc_equipment.ash had to edit the top of possessEquipment and return false if checking for nothing:

if(equipment==$item[none])
	{
		return false;
	}
due to the poor logic found in cc_ascend.ash such that even without UV-resistant compass or Ornate Dowsing Rod, if I have an empty equipment slot somewhere such as my shirt, possessEquipment returns true:

item desertBuff = $item[none];
		if(possessEquipment($item[UV-resistant compass]))
		{
			desertBuff = $item[UV-resistant compass];
		}
		if(possessEquipment($item[Ornate Dowsing Rod]))
		{
			desertBuff = $item[Ornate Dowsing Rod];
		}

if(possessEquipment(desertBuff))
		{
			//assumes we have a +exploration off-hand

cheesecookie
Inscrutable Pi

Post by cheesecookie » Wed Jul 22, 2015 6:41 pm

Ultibot wrote:...I like this script much more in that it's easier to make changes since it's more human-readable...
My favorite part of the quote :)

Damn, I need to check these forums more often. Some of these are nice and quick to fix and I can take care of them. Maybe I'll put a list of things I do here in edits. Yes... that'll do. Thanks for all the effort!

I know some people have tried using the script for hardcore non-Ed and it is incomplete for that. It was originally a Heavy Rains script that turned into Standard Softcore and then HC Ed. I am planning on Standard Hardcore support but I'm also scared of HC.

if (to_int(get_property("lastTempleUnlock")) == my_ascensions())
Is not in my code, so I'm not sure where that came from. Bumcheekascend maybe? I don't use the to_int() style either so I was a tad a surprised.

Now only if I can commit these changes:

possessEquipment always returns false on $item[none].
The I Love Me Vol I issue: Good catch there, surprised that hadn't been reported to me before.
Every Card: Support for draws is already in the script, and a shortcut for "stats" could be made. My impression has been that tower/ore are the best choice though. All stats is certainly better for a more consistent, safer, run.
bjornify_famliliar usage standardized to handleBjornify.
Talisman O' Namsilat: I only found two places where the check could be improved but I changed those to a possessEquipment check rather than item_amount.
Done with some merging of code (cc_util).
The kingLiberation stuff is now a setting so it can be ignored (is ignored by default too)!

ereinion
Just Plain Old Pie

Post by ereinion » Mon Aug 10, 2015 3:04 pm

Tried using the script for a SCEd ascension, since I decided I wanted to gather the Cyrus factoids. Worked great for D1, and most of D2, but got stuck at this point:

Encounter: -20.0 Exp Bonus: 16.0
Meat: 30.0 Item: 120.56683848755748
ML: 66 control: 10
Snow suit usage: 0 carrots: 0
HP: 148/182 MP: 358/408
Ka Coins: 53 Lashes used: 21
Delay between adventures... beep boop... 
Countdown: 1 second...
Waiting completed.
Must save the ferret!!
You need 1 more beer helmet to continue.
You need 1 more distressed denim pants to continue.
You need 1 more bejeweled pledge pin to continue.
Unable to wear outfit Frat Warrior Fatigues.
Doing them gremlins
Putting your Priest to work...
Your current servant is Sambahamut, the Priest (lvl. 26, 441 xp)

Putting your Maid to work...
Your current servant is Hetekhettiti, the Maid (lvl. 25, 438 xp)

Putting your Cat to work...
Your current servant is Heepes, the Cat (lvl. 23, 333 xp)

cc_disableAdventureHandling => yes
Starting Ed Battle at Next to that Barrel with Something Burning in it

Visit to Junkyard: Next to that Barrel with Something Burning in it in progress...
You can't get to that area.

cc_disableAdventureHandling => no
Waiting completed.
Turn(503): Starting with 67 left and 11 pulls left at Level: 12
Encounter: -20.0 Exp Bonus: 16.0
Meat: 30.0 Item: 120.56683848755748
ML: 66 control: 10
Snow suit usage: 0 carrots: 0
HP: 148/182 MP: 358/408
Ka Coins: 53 Lashes used: 21
Delay between adventures... beep boop... 
Waiting completed.
I think you get the picture....

At the point it went into the loop, it had solved all quests except the war quest, but hadn't got a Frat Warrior outfit yet. 11 pulls left for the day, if that matters. After pulling the outfit manually, it continued just fine, so not a major issue.

cheesecookie
Inscrutable Pi

Post by cheesecookie » Fri Aug 14, 2015 12:42 pm

ereinion wrote:Tried using the script for a SCEd ascension, since I decided I wanted to gather the Cyrus factoids. Worked great for D1, and most of D2, but got stuck at this point:

I think you get the picture....

At the point it went into the loop, it had solved all quests except the war quest, but hadn't got a Frat Warrior outfit yet. 11 pulls left for the day, if that matters. After pulling the outfit manually, it continued just fine, so not a major issue.
I certainly have to fix that looping situation. Is there any chance you would know if the outfit was in your closet? I have reason to believe that sometimes that happens due to an issue regarding the nuns and getting the war hippy fatigues.

It might be that softcore confused it, or more specifically, softcore Ed, since it should actually pull that outfit instead of farm it in softcore but I may have limited that non-avatar paths guild-less classes.

ereinion
Just Plain Old Pie

Post by ereinion » Fri Aug 14, 2015 4:01 pm

I'm afraid I can't quite remember, although if forced to isssue a statement, I don't believe I had to purchase the outfit parts. And again, for the most part it worked great! Made getting the Cyrus factoids a trivial experience :)

cheesecookie
Inscrutable Pi

Post by cheesecookie » Fri Aug 14, 2015 10:57 pm

ereinion wrote:I'm afraid I can't quite remember, although if forced to isssue a statement, I don't believe I had to purchase the outfit parts. And again, for the most part it worked great! Made getting the Cyrus factoids a trivial experience :)
No worries, I've updated the script to try taking from the closet on its own if it gets to that point and abort if that doesn't cut it. Congrats on the factoids!

digitrev
Spy vs. Pie

Post by digitrev » Wed Aug 19, 2015 8:17 am

When using a nanorhino, it keeps trying to use Toss. Unfortunately, I don't have toss as a skill. This leads to cc_ascend crashing after 60 failed attempts to use toss. My recommendation is to replace the nanorhino Toss section with the following.

if((my_familiar() == $familiar[Nanorhino]) && (have_effect($effect[Nanobrawny]) == 0))
	{
		foreach sk in $skills[toss, clobber, shell up, Lunge Smack, Thrust-Smack, Headbutt, Kneebutt, Lunging Thrust-Smack, Club Foot, Shieldbutt, Spirit Snap, Cavalcade of Fury, Northern Explosion, Spectral Snapper, Harpoon!, Summon Leviatuga] {
			if (sk.have_skill() && my_mp() >= sk.mp_cost()){
				return "skill " + sk.to_string();
			}
		}
	}
This will run through all of the possible muscle skills that could trigger Nanobrawny. It starts with the three least damaging skills, and then runs through the rest in increasing MP cost. I generated the seal clubber & turtle tamer combat skills by running the following:

ash foreach sk in $skills[] {if (sk.combat && $strings[Seal Clubber, Turtle Tamer] contains sk.class.to_string() ) { print(sk.to_string() + ", " + sk.mp_cost());}}
Hope this helps.

cheesecookie
Inscrutable Pi

Post by cheesecookie » Wed Aug 19, 2015 6:48 pm

digitrev wrote:When using a nanorhino, it keeps trying to use Toss. Unfortunately, I don't have toss as a skill. This leads to cc_ascend crashing after 60 failed attempts to use toss. My recommendation is to replace the nanorhino Toss section with the following...
Thanks for the work there! I assumed everyone perms all the lovely Turtle skills (well, it was more of an oversight). I think there are some other skills which also count towards this (silent slam maybe?) I might try a couple before I post an update.

ungawa
AFH

Post by ungawa » Sat Aug 22, 2015 8:17 am

I haven't run this much, so I'm not really sure what expected behavior looks like for SC Standard. Does anyone have a quick list of anything the player should be doing to make sure the script runs efficiently? (i.e. Preferred astral consumable? preferred workshed/garden/folder holder folders? preferred painting? Or is the list of that stuff from the first post for HC Ed also the preferred set up for SC Standard?)
Yesterday was day 1 of a SC Standard TT run. I just ran the script as soon as I got back from valhalla. It did a few pulls but aborted when it tried to pull fertilizer and I didn't have any in storage, throwing off day 1 automatic pulls. Is there a list of things I should be sure to have stocked?

From the day 1 log:
pull: 1 Spooky-Gro fertilizer
> Hello ungawa, time to explode!
> This is version: 394
> This is day 1.
> Turns played: 0 current adventures: 40
> Current Ascension: Standard
> I assume you've handled your pulls yourself... who knows.
Since I haven't run it much, I wasn't sure at the time why it had aborted, so I just ran it again and it seemed to go. However, there was some other unexpected behavior day 1, but I could believe it's tied to the lack of pulls.
I had a writing desk painted, but wasn't sure if the script would use it to skip the first floor. It did end up adventuring through the whole first floor yesterday, so I figured it wasn't set up to deal with copied writing desks, but then today when it aborted due to lack of elemental damage in boo-peak, I noticed there was an upcoming arrowed writing desk window.
Also, it stopped day 1 and told me the day was over after only filling 4 spleen and no liver or stomach, with 16 pulls left. I wasn't sure if the script would do consumption for me, so I filled my organs and let it continue. However, today it was perfectly happy to fill my stomach itself but not liver, so I'm not sure what's expected in terms of player management of consumption.

cheesecookie
Inscrutable Pi

Post by cheesecookie » Sat Aug 22, 2015 11:42 am

ungawa wrote:I haven't run this much, so I'm not really sure what expected behavior looks like for SC Standard. Does anyone have a quick list of anything the player should be doing to make sure the script runs efficiently? (i.e. Preferred astral consumable? preferred workshed/garden/folder holder folders? preferred painting? Or is the list of that stuff from the first post for HC Ed also the preferred set up for SC Standard?)....

Since I haven't run it much, I wasn't sure at the time why it had aborted, so I just ran it again and it seemed to go. However, there was some other unexpected behavior day 1, but I could believe it's tied to the lack of pulls.
I had a writing desk painted, but wasn't sure if the script would use it to skip the first floor. It did end up adventuring through the whole first floor yesterday, so I figured it wasn't set up to deal with copied writing desks, but then today when it aborted due to lack of elemental damage in boo-peak, I noticed there was an upcoming arrowed writing desk window.
Also, it stopped day 1 and told me the day was over after only filling 4 spleen and no liver or stomach, with 16 pulls left. I wasn't sure if the script would do consumption for me, so I filled my organs and let it continue. However, today it was perfectly happy to fill my stomach itself but not liver, so I'm not sure what's expected in terms of player management of consumption.

The hi mein level requirement change has changed things a little bit and I haven't been able to figure out the full rammifications of that yet. I have some antedoctal info and a couple of Seal Clubber Softcore Standard tests that went alright.

The Ed setup is not terribly appropriate for the softcore setup and I really need to just toss that information into the script somewhere so it can be obtained (I'm thinking of putting it into the relay settings page in such a way that someone could select the desired upcoming path and it would tell them the expected requirements.

I am modifying the pull code a little bit such that, as long as you haven't run any turns, it'll try the pulls again. I am a little concerned if it failed on the Spooky-Gro fertilizer since it should have tried to buy it into Hagnk's. I guess if someone manipulated the prices (we check that to avoid be abused by this behavior) it could have failed in that situation, I'll add a little bit of output to indicate that to the user.

For softcore, I generally go with:
Garden: Winter
Workshed: DNA or Mayo.
Astral: Astral Shirt and Carton of Astral Energy Drinks
Eudora: Xi-Receiver Unit
Chateau Painting: Lobsterfrogman
Folder Holder: Non-combat, Monster Level, DR and HP/MP Regen
Ice House: AMC Gremlin
Chateau Desk: Potions
Chateau Rest: mainstat appropriate (however, it will change it on its own in-run).
Chateau Ceiling: Free Rests
Sign: Knoll
Regarding your painting, it never uses the writing desk for that. It will do that in a Heavy Rains run though. Part of the issue is that I actually don't know the best way to utilize it (you get 4 total with the Reanimator so I need to figure dealing with a copy somewhere). I may also have to check the related code to see if the recent case-sensitivity change causes any issues there.

I generally expect a lobsterfrogman as the painting, but skipping the first floor probably saves more than a lobsterfrogman could ever be worth. Aside from some basic utilization of the painting, I haven't put much effort into it (since Heavy Rains had Rain Man and Hardcore Ed didn't have an Angel/Reanimator).

The falled pulls were probably part of the feeding issue, I can often end up needed to drink a little bit but it usually feeds and spleens ok. While I don't like that the player is often having to handle booze in softcore, I've settled with it not being a huge issue. I could probably resolve things with Puck People though, assuming someone has it.

Jeparo
Just Plain Old Pie

Post by Jeparo » Mon Aug 31, 2015 12:47 am

First off, this is a great script, and after opening up the script and looking through it, I can only imagine how much time you must have spent working on it. Thanks for that.

While digging through your script to see how it worked, I did notice one possible specific improvement: line 1103 of cc_ascend.ash, which decides whether or not to use a semirare on Baa'baa'bu'ran to get stone wool, could check if A) you already have at least 3 stone wool or B) if the flag cc_hiddenunlock has been set to "finished". You could do some more complicated logic in case the semirare counter happening in the middle of the Hidden City being unlocked, but I wouldn't.

I think the following change will work as intended.

if((get_property("cc_semirare") == "") && (get_property("cc_spookysapling") == "finished"))
to

if((get_property("cc_semirare") == "") && (get_property("cc_spookysapling") == "finished") && (get_property("cc_hiddenunlock!="finished")) && (item_amount($item[Stone Wool]) >= 3))

cheesecookie
Inscrutable Pi

Post by cheesecookie » Mon Aug 31, 2015 3:28 pm

Jeparo wrote:First off, this is a great script, and after opening up the script and looking through it, I can only imagine how much time you must have spent working on it. Thanks for that.

While digging through your script to see how it worked, I did notice one possible specific improvement: line 1103 of cc_ascend.ash, which decides whether or not to use a semirare on Baa'baa'bu'ran to get stone wool, could check if A) you already have at least 3 stone wool or B) if the flag cc_hiddenunlock has been set to "finished". You could do some more complicated logic in case the semirare counter happening in the middle of the Hidden City being unlocked, but I wouldn't.

I think the following change will work as intended.

if((get_property("cc_semirare") == "") && (get_property("cc_spookysapling") == "finished"))
to

if((get_property("cc_semirare") == "") && (get_property("cc_spookysapling") == "finished") && (get_property("cc_hiddenunlock!="finished")) && (item_amount($item[Stone Wool]) >= 3))
This was something I was already planning because of the deck. Although, I can't quite use your change (since there is an ordering to the semirares which gets lost). However, I can check beforehand that cc_semirare hasn't happened and we have stone wool in order to set that we can skip it.

That semirare code needs to be cleaned up a little bit actually, it's one of the oldest bits of code and isn't that well-designed. Anyway, this is updated as r402.

ungawa
AFH

Post by ungawa » Mon Oct 19, 2015 7:19 am

Hey CC, just wanted to report the script had some mana trouble for me during a HC Std Sauce run.
It seems like it ended up low on mana and meat, and wasn't able to recover. Even after manually casting soul food and autoselling junk a handful of times, it kept ending up out of mana and meat.
It looks like it wasn't casting weaksauce regularly.
I found two places in cc_combat where it would try to cast weaksauce. I think the first was failing because it kept dropping below 60 while burning mp before combat. I'm not sure why the 2nd one was failing, except mp must have been low then too.
if((!contains_text(combatState, "weaksauce")) && (have_skill($skill[curse of weaksauce])) && (my_mp() >= 60))
if((!contains_text(combatState, "weaksauce")) && (have_skill($skill[curse of weaksauce])) && (my_class() == $class[Sauceror]) && (my_mp() >= 32))
[9] The Outskirts of Cobb's Knob
Encounter: Knob Goblin Barbecue Team
Round 0: ungawa loses initiative!
Round 1: You lose 1 hit point
Round 1: You lose 6 hit points
> cc_combatHandler: 0
Round 1: ungawa casts SUMMON LOVE MOSQUITO!
Round 2: You gain 8 hit points
Round 2: Hofflesby challenges you to a push-up contest, which he wins.
Round 2: You gain 21 Muscleboundness
Round 2: ungawa casts SUMMON LOVE GNATS!
Round 3: ungawa casts STUFFED MORTAR SHELL!
Round 4: ungawa casts SAUCEGEYSER!
Round 5: ungawa wins the fight!
After Battle: A love aphid coos at you softly from a nearby bush, drawing your attention to a discarded chunk of Meat.
You gain 30 Meat.
You gain 16 Meat
After Battle: Hofflesby cranks up some of its favorite jive music and dances along in the straw.
You acquire an item: bowl of cottage cheese
After Battle: You gain 4 Strengthliness
After Battle: You gain 14 Enchantedness
You gain a Mysticality point!
After Battle: You gain 3 Smarm
You gain a Moxie point!
You gain 2 Soulsauce
I was able to make it through the day by lowering the mp checks to 20, which is fine for sauceror since you want to cast it all the time anyway, but could cause trouble for other classes.
The other mp inefficient thing it was doing was regularly casting saucegeyser the round that the mortar landed, even though the monster was thoroughly stunned and it could wait to see if the mortar killed it.
[168] The Defiled Niche
Encounter: senile lihc
Strategy: C:\Users\alant_000\Desktop\Mafia\ccs\null.ccs [default]
Round 0: ungawa loses initiative!
cc_combatHandler =>
cc_diag_round => 0
cc_combatHandler => (weaksauce)
Round 1: ungawa casts CURSE OF WEAKSAUCE!
Round 2: Oregon Hood trips up your foe with his little whip.
cc_combatHandler: 1
cc_diag_round => 1
Just before mcd 150
Just before weaksauce code 1
cc_combatHandler => (weaksauce)(love mosquito)
Round 2: ungawa casts SUMMON LOVE MOSQUITO!
Round 3: You gain 9 hit points
Round 3: Oregon Hood trips up your foe with his little whip.
cc_combatHandler: 2
cc_diag_round => 2
cc_combatHandler => (weaksauce)(love mosquito)(love gnats)
Round 3: ungawa casts SUMMON LOVE GNATS!
cc_combatHandler: 3
cc_diag_round => 3
cc_combatHandler => (weaksauce)(love mosquito)(love gnats)(stuffedmortarshell)
Round 4: ungawa casts STUFFED MORTAR SHELL!
cc_combatHandler: 4
cc_diag_round => 4
Round 5: ungawa casts SAUCEGEYSER!
Round 6: There is a deafening CRACK as Oregon Hood whips your foe for 12 damage.
Round 6: ungawa wins the fight!
After Battle: Your Evilometer emits a single beep. The air in this part of the crypt smells slightly less evil...
After Battle: You gain 50 Mana Points
Your familiar gains a pound: Oregon Hood, the 5 lb. Adventurous Spelunker
After Battle: Oregon Hood holds a tiny torch up, helping you unearth various artifacts.
After Battle: You gain 10 Beefiness
After Battle: You gain 30 Mysteriousness
After Battle: You gain 17 Roguishness
You gain 7 Soulsauce

cheesecookie
Inscrutable Pi

Post by cheesecookie » Sat Oct 24, 2015 2:48 pm

ungawa wrote:Hey CC, just wanted to report the script had some mana trouble for me during a HC Std Sauce run.
It seems like it ended up low on mana and meat, and wasn't able to recover. Even after manually casting soul food and autoselling junk a handful of times, it kept ending up out of mana and meat.
It looks like it wasn't casting weaksauce regularly.

I was able to make it through the day by lowering the mp checks to 20, which is fine for sauceror since you want to cast it all the time anyway, but could cause trouble for other classes.
The other mp inefficient thing it was doing was regularly casting saucegeyser the round that the mortar landed, even though the monster was thoroughly stunned and it could wait to see if the mortar killed it.
I have completely neglected it. For CS I run a different combat handler due to some tighter restrictions which handles this a bit better (although it would still have the issue with the mortar). The change in minimum may be enough (particularly with the class check). I just have to figure out the stun thing, I'm not really sure if there is any way I can tell if a monster is still stunned aside from looking at the combat text and the combat text has a lot of different patterns I would have to try to match. I may be able to use expected damage to just wing it though.

I did some edits and I figure I'll hear from you if something explodes. Lowered MP costs for Sauceror and weaksauce, allow us to cast mortar with smaller MP requirements if weaksauce is already cast and we can take the hit, and if mortar was cast (but not resolved - this is the part that I'm not sure will quite work right but I think it will), don't saucegeyser immediately.
Last edited by cheesecookie on Sat Oct 24, 2015 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ungawa
AFH

Post by ungawa » Sat Oct 24, 2015 3:20 pm

Heh, thanks, CC. I know HC isn't expected to run cleanly. I appreciate that it's getting me through the outfit pieces with minimal intervention.

cheesecookie
Inscrutable Pi

Post by cheesecookie » Sat Oct 24, 2015 10:12 pm

ungawa wrote:Heh, thanks, CC. I know HC isn't expected to run cleanly. I appreciate that it's getting me through the outfit pieces with minimal intervention.
I wish I had more time (and more accounts) to test with to find these issues. That's really the main thing, is finding the problems, otherwise, the core of the script works. Yay for outfit pieces though :)

ungawa
AFH

Post by ungawa » Wed Nov 11, 2015 8:43 am

What is the script intended to do in the way of switching to a fairy-type for item drop zones in HC Standard? I just saw it spend 26 turns in Whitey's Grove with the grill instead of a fairy type, and in a previous run it aborted after spending 50 turns in the middle chamber without using a fairy type.

cheesecookie
Inscrutable Pi

Post by cheesecookie » Sat Nov 14, 2015 3:15 pm

ungawa wrote:What is the script intended to do in the way of switching to a fairy-type for item drop zones in HC Standard? I just saw it spend 26 turns in Whitey's Grove with the grill instead of a fairy type, and in a previous run it aborted after spending 50 turns in the middle chamber without using a fairy type.
There are two issues in the script here actually. One being that Whitey's Grove was added in quickly without much consideration. The second being, my lack of understanding hardcore and defaulting to the grill to maintain MP. I can probably do something about that, or at least to allow it to swap out the grill for +item. This issue only affects hardcore in a class with a guild at least.

Correction: My attempt at maintaining MP was flawed such that it treated to maintain way too much MP.

I think my intention is fixed regarding MP in r487.

My entire attempt to streamline my familiar handling has been quashed by the lack of conditional compliation in ASH. Sniff. But I did discover unsigned bitshift right. Not that I have any idea what to do with that knowledge. So, it should be better about the fairy now.

jeffery
Pie of the Sky

Post by jeffery » Fri Dec 11, 2015 6:09 pm

I've scripted a few HC Standard runs now, and I've encountered a couple of issues.

Currently the Fist Turkey is used by default in every location. Is there a way to specify a familiar to be used in zones where the bonus %item from the Fist Turkey would not help? It would be a great help to be able to use the Puck Man, for the yellow pixels it provides as well as the HP/MP restoration and blocking. Currently I'm having to babysit the script and manually change to a Puck Man when a item drop familiar is not required. It would also be great if the script could auto-equip familiar equipment such as the "filthy child leash" when run, even if it previously equipped to a different familiar - ie. equip the other familiar, take off the leash, equip new familiar, put on the leash.

My second issue is that I have found that the script does not pickpocket when it gets the jump as a moxie class. This may be because it does the lovebug skills first. Pickpocket is extremely useful and should be done if the character can survive an extra round.

The script also interrupts on day one once the Tavern is unlocked. I need to manually make the 3 Paint a Vulgar Pitchers before resuming.

Overall you've done a great job. Your script has netted me 4 4-day HC-Standard ascensions. With these changes and some optimization I feel a 3-day scripted HC Standard could be possible.

Creelie
Inscrutable Pi

Post by Creelie » Sat Dec 12, 2015 10:04 am

I just used this script to bang out the fast-forward-to-aftercore necessary to assemble all 3 complete sets of Sea gear (Hate, Violence, and Loathing). It's so reliable for 3-day Ed that I effectively ascended every 2 days, sandwiching Day 3 of a run with Day 1 of the next. It has one frequent hiccup for me: arriving at the frat house blueprints without any hot wings, a problem I can solve in 5-6 turns. Also, every few runs it gets itself badly confused over A-Boo Peak, also easy enough for me to fix manually. Other than that it is absolutely rock-solid. I love it.

I'm going to give the 2-day Community Service script a try, just for even greater karma-farming efficiency, but unless it's AMAZING I'll probably be coming back to Cheesy Ed <3