Hardcore Ed Script Ascending (Ascends various paths suboptimally)

For script writing
wildsider
Just Plain Old Pie

Re: Hardcore Ed Script Ascending

Post by wildsider » Tue Apr 05, 2016 12:37 pm

Thanks, it's working now.

The only problem i found is that the script is using a fairy instead of my slimeling, but besides that everything is perfect so far.

cheesecookie
Inscrutable Pi

Post by cheesecookie » Tue Apr 05, 2016 4:17 pm

wildsider wrote:Thanks, it's working now.

The only problem i found is that the script is using a fairy instead of my slimeling, but besides that everything is perfect so far.
I don't understand how a slimeling works, that's the primary reason why. Sort of like why He-Boulder is not part of the YR set.

wildsider
Just Plain Old Pie

Post by wildsider » Tue Apr 05, 2016 4:43 pm

As I understand it's like a fairy, but with the bonus of being also a starfish only if you feed her equipment that wasn't made with meat stacks. If you give her equipment that was made with meat stacks she drops slime stack also she has another (stupid over complicated) mechanic that tries to force drop a equipment drop that you didn't get it applies only the item bonus of your slimeling and her familiar equipment.

According to the wiki something like this: "As an example: A 20 pound Slimeling gives a 50.17% bonus to items. Versus a Black Knight, which has four equally likely equipment drops at 15% each, the 20 pound Slimeling will disgorge a piece of equipment 15*(1 + 0.5017) = 22.53% of the time assuming all four equipment pieces were not dropped already."

Also I found that while adventuring for the four inmmateria the script didn't any of my -combat gear.

Edit: Not only it won't auto equip my -combat gear it actually un-equip it if I wear it.

Edit2: We have spent over 50 turns at 'The Penultimate Fantasy Airship' and that is bad... aborting.

Damn.

cheesecookie
Inscrutable Pi

Post by cheesecookie » Tue Apr 05, 2016 6:08 pm

wildsider wrote:As I understand it's like a fairy, but with the bonus of being also a starfish only if you feed her equipment that wasn't made with meat stacks. If you give her equipment that was made with meat stacks she drops slime stack also she has another (stupid over complicated) mechanic that tries to force drop a equipment drop that you didn't get it applies only the item bonus of your slimeling and her familiar equipment.

According to the wiki something like this: "As an example: A 20 pound Slimeling gives a 50.17% bonus to items. Versus a Black Knight, which has four equally likely equipment drops at 15% each, the 20 pound Slimeling will disgorge a piece of equipment 15*(1 + 0.5017) = 22.53% of the time assuming all four equipment pieces were not dropped already."

Also I found that while adventuring for the four inmmateria the script didn't any of my -combat gear.

Edit: Not only it won't auto equip my -combat gear it actually un-equip it if I wear it.

Edit2: We have spent over 50 turns at 'The Penultimate Fantasy Airship' and that is bad... aborting.

Damn.
What path are you in? And what non-combat gear, it migh tbe something that is not yet expected. Can we see where it is unequipping? I suppose there could be a conflict of +combat and -combat states going on that I need to be aware of.

If the slimeling is just a fairy, for the most part, it would probably be better to take a fairychaun or a fairyball over it.

wildsider
Just Plain Old Pie

Post by wildsider » Tue Apr 05, 2016 6:20 pm

What path are you in? And what non-combat gear, it migh tbe something that is not yet expected. Can we see where it is unequipping? I suppose there could be a conflict of +combat and -combat states going on that I need to be aware of.

If the slimeling is just a fairy, for the most part, it would probably be better to take a fairychaun or a fairyball over it.
I'm in AWoL softcore. Silent beret, Duonoculars, Red shoe, Ring of conflict.

The script unequips them as soon as i start it.

You are right about the fairychaun and fairyball but sadly I have neither.

cheesecookie
Inscrutable Pi

Post by cheesecookie » Tue Apr 05, 2016 6:34 pm

wildsider wrote:

I'm in AWoL softcore. Silent beret, Duonoculars, Red shoe, Ring of conflict.

The script unequips them as soon as i start it.

You are right about the fairychaun and fairyball but sadly I have neither.
r770 fixes at least one of the unequip situations (if Ninja Snowmen are accessible and not completed) - for unequipping all -combat (and it may have been adding +combat, as a secondary badness). Those equipment you've listed are not part of what the script normally expects. The Xiblaxian Stealth Cowl is a much better option over the silent beret (I can't feasibly script around equipping that beret). The script has generally expected the over-the-shoulder folder holder and the xiblaxian stealth trousers and otherwise is somewhat limited to what can be acquired n run. I'm not quite sure where I can place those equipment because they are -combat with nothing else or penalties and the script can't really handle that in AWOL.

I thought the slimeling was higher priority compared to plain fairies but I guess I was wrong there.

A possible short-term fix is to closet whatever the script is equipping so it sticks to your equipment choices. This doesn't work with quest items and I'm going to try to do something about that (due to barrel lid and +ML cowboy boots) in a future update.

ungawa
AFH

Post by ungawa » Tue Apr 05, 2016 7:41 pm

The slimling base function is a fairy.
Feed it equipment to let it also act like a starfish for a while.
It can pickpocket a piece of gear after fights, making it better than a base fairy if what you want the monster to drop is gear, such as the airship for the amulet/wig. The math gets more complicated if you have access to a superfairy and the monster has more than one piece of gear.

cheesecookie
Inscrutable Pi

Post by cheesecookie » Tue Apr 05, 2016 8:33 pm

ungawa wrote:The slimling base function is a fairy.
Feed it equipment to let it also act like a starfish for a while.
It can pickpocket a piece of gear after fights, making it better than a base fairy if what you want the monster to drop is gear, such as the airship for the amulet/wig. The math gets more complicated if you have access to a superfairy and the monster has more than one piece of gear.
It is that pickpocketing that I've never understood and never been able to do myself in the few turns I've done manually. However, if base functionality is a fairy, it is strictly better than other strict fairy. So, that has been shoved in r771.

wildsider
Just Plain Old Pie

Post by wildsider » Wed Apr 06, 2016 12:16 am

>We have spent over 50 turns at 'The X-32-F Combat Training Snowman' and that is bad... aborting.

:cry:

Now everytime I start the script it says this. Why do you think is that?

ungawa
AFH

Post by ungawa » Wed Apr 06, 2016 8:21 am

wildsider wrote:>We have spent over 50 turns at 'The X-32-F Combat Training Snowman' and that is bad... aborting.

Something similar came up a while back. That check for spending more than 50 turns somewhere only applies to the "last adventure" location, and maybe the location it's about to try to adventure in.
If you do your snojo fights manually and then adventure somewhere else to change the "last adventure" location, you'll be able to restart automation.

wildsider
Just Plain Old Pie

Post by wildsider » Wed Apr 06, 2016 2:37 pm

Thanks, it worked.

cheesecookie
Inscrutable Pi

Post by cheesecookie » Wed Apr 06, 2016 6:32 pm

wildsider wrote:>We have spent over 50 turns at 'The X-32-F Combat Training Snowman' and that is bad... aborting.

I forgot to resolve that after determining that 7-days should be the longest amount of time possible to finish an ascension (no slang, softcore AWOL with barely any pulls).

wildsider
Just Plain Old Pie

Post by wildsider » Fri Apr 08, 2016 5:52 pm

Finished the run in 888 turns :D even thought I manually screwed a lot of things.. So i think it did quite good for my first awol run without slangs lol. I''m going to buy all the slangs now lmao.

Btw how is the script doing in AWoL Hc? I don't see many -combat sources and I don't think i have a single iotm to solve that problem.

EDIT: >[19:19] Cheesecookie just attacked you! :cry:

cheesecookie
Inscrutable Pi

Post by cheesecookie » Sat Apr 09, 2016 11:08 am

wildsider wrote:Finished the run in 888 turns :D even thought I manually screwed a lot of things.. So i think it did quite good for my first awol run without slangs lol. I''m going to buy all the slangs now lmao.

Btw how is the script doing in AWoL Hc? I don't see many -combat sources and I don't think i have a single iotm to solve that problem.

EDIT: >[19:19] Cheesecookie just attacked you! :cry:
No slangs? When I tried that (admittedly, day one of the path) it took 7 days. But the slangs help a lot. For HC AWOL, it has some combat troubles, often correctly by hottub or resting (it should probably set chateau up before this otherwise a manual rest may not get the right stat bonus). It isn't even all that good at using your -combat anyway (I don't have enough info about what is available aside from the in-path potions).

I only attacked you for your loot. Nothing personal, loot please. :D

Xande1
Just Plain Old Pie

Post by Xande1 » Sun Apr 10, 2016 12:15 am

Acct. with no relevant IotMs, 2 starting skill points: 4/1034
Acct. with VIP key, GameInform, Chateau, F-32 Snowman, 0 starting skill points: 4/957

Things went much smoother since the changes. The only snag I've noticed is that the script keeps adventuring in the outskirts of the Knob after it's gotten the encryption key. I thought maybe it was trying to get 10 Ka for upgraded legs, but at 12 Ka, it was still in the outskirts. Manually buying upgraded legs made it head off to the Hippy Camp, though. Still doing it in the new run I just started. From there on, it was brilliant.

cheesecookie
Inscrutable Pi

Post by cheesecookie » Sun Apr 10, 2016 5:45 pm

Xande1 wrote:Acct. with no relevant IotMs, 2 starting skill points: 4/1034
Acct. with VIP key, GameInform, Chateau, F-32 Snowman, 0 starting skill points: 4/957

Things went much smoother since the changes. The only snag I've noticed is that the script keeps adventuring in the outskirts of the Knob after it's gotten the encryption key. I thought maybe it was trying to get 10 Ka for upgraded legs, but at 12 Ka, it was still in the outskirts. Manually buying upgraded legs made it head off to the Hippy Camp, though. Still doing it in the new run I just started. From there on, it was brilliant.
Ah, I have it go to the Knob for the Legs but I think the check that decides to go shopping isn't aware of it, hence why it went past 10 Ka. I can fix that shortly, glad to hear that it is going more smoothly.

Edit: r777, jackpot!

digitrev
Spy vs. Pie

Post by digitrev » Wed Apr 13, 2016 7:04 am

When I run out of meat, it has a tendency to get stuck. Yesterday it spent 50 turns in the Deep Dark Jungle powerleveling because it couldn't afford the forged documents, and today it spent 30 turns in the Palindome because it couldn't afford the photograph of god. It'd be nice if it could know when it's trying to spend money and abort/prompt me to rack up some cash.

cheesecookie
Inscrutable Pi

Post by cheesecookie » Wed Apr 13, 2016 12:01 pm

digitrev wrote:When I run out of meat, it has a tendency to get stuck. Yesterday it spent 50 turns in the Deep Dark Jungle powerleveling because it couldn't afford the forged documents, and today it spent 30 turns in the Palindome because it couldn't afford the photograph of god. It'd be nice if it could know when it's trying to spend money and abort/prompt me to rack up some cash.
I'm not sure where it is spending meat actually. It shouldn't be spending all that much, although, that is not a good way to handle the situation. Barf Mountain would be much more delicious. What version were you running? And, are you in Ed or not?

digitrev
Spy vs. Pie

Post by digitrev » Wed Apr 13, 2016 12:46 pm

Standard PM. I think the problem is that I had Universal Recovery set to keep my MP around 20%, while at the same time, the combat portion of the script used a good chunk of of my MP (without running a familiar to help keep it up). Either way, preventing UR from recovering MP seems to have fixed it for this next run.

cheesecookie
Inscrutable Pi

Post by cheesecookie » Wed Apr 13, 2016 1:52 pm

digitrev wrote:Standard PM. I think the problem is that I had Universal Recovery set to keep my MP around 20%, while at the same time, the combat portion of the script used a good chunk of of my MP (without running a familiar to help keep it up). Either way, preventing UR from recovering MP seems to have fixed it for this next run.
Ah, yeah, do not use Universal Recovery. I had no idea what its goals are but it eats up resources. Someone had it set up and sent me messages about some massively high goal MP (I suppose Myst classes at 20% could be 175ish).

wildsider
Just Plain Old Pie

Post by wildsider » Mon Apr 18, 2016 1:25 pm

For some reason your script have wasted over 20 adv in the snojo. :(

cheesecookie
Inscrutable Pi

Post by cheesecookie » Mon Apr 18, 2016 6:24 pm

wildsider wrote:For some reason your script have wasted over 20 adv in the snojo. :(
Do you run any adventures outside of mafia or stay logged in through rollover?

Are you in CS by any chance? I suppose that could actually happen in CS, if it got defeated over and over again.

wildsider
Just Plain Old Pie

Post by wildsider » Mon Apr 18, 2016 7:11 pm

No too the first two questions and I'm in AWoL.

Edit: For some reason the script didnt record finishing the lighthouse, the mysterious island arena and the junkyard. And It is still trying to finish them.

cheesecookie
Inscrutable Pi

Post by cheesecookie » Tue Apr 19, 2016 7:23 pm

wildsider wrote:No too the first two questions and I'm in AWoL.

Edit: For some reason the script didnt record finishing the lighthouse, the mysterious island arena and the junkyard. And It is still trying to finish them.
Were any of those finished before you ran the script? If so, and on an outdated mafia, they might not get picked up. The lighthouse, arena and junkyard should all handled via mafia's trackers if the script doesn't mark them (aside from an issue with the Wossname which only matters if you did the Wossname independently of the script as the script already has a workaround for that issue).

It sounds like your sidequest preferences may be busted somehow. I know how to borken them (such as having multiple instances of mafia on the same account open and closing them in the wrong order - not that you should do that anyway).

You can set mafia's trackers as appropriate (sidequestArenaCompleted, sidequestJunkyardCOmpleted and sidequestLighthouseCompleted (set them to fratboy, or hippy, I suppose), if you did Wossname, set flyeredML=10000 and do no touch sidequestArenaCompleted).

digitrev
Spy vs. Pie

Post by digitrev » Thu Apr 21, 2016 9:12 am

EDIT: Never mind. Turning off "Auto remove malignant effects" fixed it.

Just got stuck in a loop:

Code: Select all

Post Adventure done, beep.
Tetanus cannot be removed with an available item or skill...
You need 1 more soft green echo eyedrop antidote to continue.
Countdown: 1 second...
Waiting completed.
Turn(136): Starting with 9 left and 0 pulls left at Level: 7
Encounter: 0.0 Exp Bonus: 7.875
Meat: 0.0 Item: 180.0
ML: 30 control: 10
Everything Looks Yellow: 111
HP: 159/161 MP: 250/250
Delay between adventures... beep boop... 
Waiting completed.
cc_familiarChoice => Rockin' Robin
cc_familiarChoice => Ms. Puck Man
Spookyraven: Gallery

Pre Adventure at The Haunted Gallery done, beep.

Waiting completed.
Waiting completed.

Waiting completed.
Waiting completed.

Waiting completed.
Waiting completed.

Waiting completed.
Waiting completed.

Waiting completed.
Waiting completed.

Waiting completed.
Waiting completed.

Waiting completed.
Waiting completed.

Waiting completed.
Waiting completed.

Waiting completed.
Waiting completed.

Waiting completed.
Waiting completed.

Waiting completed.
cc_interrupt => true
Waiting completed.

Waiting completed.
cc_interrupt => false
cc_interrupt detected and aborting, cc_interrupt disabled.

cheesecookie
Inscrutable Pi

Post by cheesecookie » Fri Apr 22, 2016 5:45 pm

digitrev wrote:EDIT: Never mind. Turning off "Auto remove malignant effects" fixed it.

Just got stuck in a loop:...
Where did "Auto remove malignant effects" come from? Tetanus is not really all that bad, not enough to waste a soft green on. I mean, is this something I need to tell Mafia not to do or did you try to sneak Universal Recovery back in?

digitrev
Spy vs. Pie

Post by digitrev » Fri Apr 22, 2016 6:17 pm

That's a Mafia preference.

BC_Goldman
My Pie Blown Sky High

Post by BC_Goldman » Tue Apr 26, 2016 11:44 pm

Ran into a problem on my current HCStd PM run. Day 2 was El Dia so I ended up banking a bunch of turns because the script was having trouble with combats. Started day 3 with something like 150 adv and fired up the script while I went out for a run. I came back to find it had ended the day by getting drunk after running 36 turns with 192 unplayed turns plus all stomach and spleen unused.

Turns out what happened was that it got the 'That Explains All the Eyepatches' NC in the Barrr and took the choice that gave 3 drunk. My guess is that choice normally results in an encounter with a tipsy pirate (yay insult chance!) but, unfortunately, that choice gives 3 drunk as a myst class. This is the first time the script has gotten hammered in the barrr so I don't know if it's a fluke or something that may need to be addressed.

cheesecookie
Inscrutable Pi

Post by cheesecookie » Wed Apr 27, 2016 5:45 pm

BC_Goldman wrote:Ran into a problem on my current HCStd PM run. Day 2 was El Dia so I ended up banking a bunch of turns because the script was having trouble with combats. Started day 3 with something like 150 adv and fired up the script while I went out for a run. I came back to find it had ended the day by getting drunk after running 36 turns with 192 unplayed turns plus all stomach and spleen unused.

Turns out what happened was that it got the 'That Explains All the Eyepatches' NC in the Barrr and took the choice that gave 3 drunk. My guess is that choice normally results in an encounter with a tipsy pirate (yay insult chance!) but, unfortunately, that choice gives 3 drunk as a myst class. This is the first time the script has gotten hammered in the barrr so I don't know if it's a fluke or something that may need to be addressed.
Something appears to have changed your setting for choiceAdventure184, the script wasn't even aware of it until just now where I force it back to the default value of 6. In case it had been changed. In any case, I should probably figure out all of the "Default" settings I expect and actually enforce them.

BC_Goldman
My Pie Blown Sky High

Post by BC_Goldman » Fri Apr 29, 2016 6:01 pm

Yup, I checked the mafia nc choices for the barrr and one was set for drunk/stats. Don't know how/when that happened. Generally speaking, you don't want to do that.

wildsider
Just Plain Old Pie

Post by wildsider » Mon May 02, 2016 7:28 pm

i'm a beansingler and for some reason the script keeps un-equipping the bass clarinet. I keep getting beaten up because of that :(

cheesecookie
Inscrutable Pi

Post by cheesecookie » Tue May 03, 2016 6:41 pm

wildsider wrote:i'm a beansingler and for some reason the script keeps un-equipping the bass clarinet. I keep getting beaten up because of that :(
Closet whatever weapon it is changing to. It will still unequip you in a +combat area but that should help out a bit.

wildsider
Just Plain Old Pie

Post by wildsider » Sat Jun 04, 2016 10:31 am

Is there anyway to see a full change log of the script? and a list of supported iotms?

cheesecookie
Inscrutable Pi

Post by cheesecookie » Sat Jun 04, 2016 10:43 am

wildsider wrote:Is there anyway to see a full change log of the script? and a list of supported iotms?
https://sourceforge.net/p/ccascend/code/commit_browser

That changelog includes the changes for all of my scripts but most of them are for the ascension script.

I'm not sure what you mean by supported IoTMs, if you mean requirements, I think the script technically doesn't require any IoTMs for Ed. As for what it'll use, I usually support IoTMs within a day or two of release. I do not know if Ed can use the Source Terminal and have no account that can test that any time soon. There is some nominal support for it though but there really isn't tracking going on so that is harder to work with (unless I put my own tracking in which won't be necessary in this case, at least I don't think it'll be).

If the issue is about the Clan Floundry, as a shared resource, I have some fundamental concerns about it being handled by default. However, I really should make it configurable via the relay settings.

If you are asking about HCCS, the Chateau might be the only mandatory requirement but people who try it never give me any feedback to let me know if there are issues and I'm simply tired of them whining at this point. It'll continue to receive updates for new IoTMs but I'm not going out of my way to support people who aren't going to get the IoTMs that make it work well.

wildsider
Just Plain Old Pie

Post by wildsider » Sat Jun 04, 2016 4:44 pm

I was asking because i think i have never seem the script using my intergnat

cheesecookie
Inscrutable Pi

Post by cheesecookie » Sat Jun 04, 2016 4:53 pm

wildsider wrote:I was asking because i think i have never seem the script using my intergnat
Ah, since mafia doesn't track the once/day purchases, the intergnat is essentially just a +item familiar to the script. It could have been put at top of the fairies and below the fairychauns I suppose. I've been hestitant to use the +ML combat ability (as that can make a situation more difficult) and determining which combats are ok to acquire +NC in (and avoiding future action conflicts) is non-trivial.

wildsider
Just Plain Old Pie

Post by wildsider » Sat Jun 04, 2016 5:30 pm

cheesecookie wrote:
wildsider wrote:I was asking because i think i have never seem the script using my intergnat
Ah, since mafia doesn't track the once/day purchases, the intergnat is essentially just a +item familiar to the script. It could have been put at top of the fairies and below the fairychauns I suppose. I've been hestitant to use the +ML combat ability (as that can make a situation more difficult) and determining which combats are ok to acquire +NC in (and avoiding future action conflicts) is non-trivial.
Oh I see... Well I for one would rather use my intergnat than my slimeling.

cheesecookie
Inscrutable Pi

Post by cheesecookie » Sat Jun 04, 2016 6:15 pm

wildsider wrote:
cheesecookie wrote:
Oh I see... Well I for one would rather use my intergnat than my slimeling.
The slimeling can get equipment or something, not that I understand any of it. You can change the order in the script if you want. Once there is tracking in mafia, or if I'm particularly bored and somehow have nothing to do and put it into the script, the intergnat will move up in priority. I should probably add the viral video to the YR list now.

wildsider
Just Plain Old Pie

Post by wildsider » Sat Jun 04, 2016 9:03 pm

How could i change the priority?

cheesecookie
Inscrutable Pi

Post by cheesecookie » Sun Jun 05, 2016 9:32 am

wildsider wrote:How could i change the priority?
It is line 232 in cc_ascend.ash

In any case, I'm compelled enough to promote it over Slimeling but below the spleeners and that update should be posted now.

wildsider
Just Plain Old Pie

Post by wildsider » Sun Jun 05, 2016 2:18 pm

Thanks, mate! :D

LanioX
Just Plain Old Pie

Post by LanioX » Fri Jun 17, 2016 7:33 am

I am losing a lot of the combats against the agents and I think the script is under-utilizing Humiliating Hack. If I read the code correctly, it will only cast Humiliating Hack if my MP is between 100 and 125. I think Humiliating Hack should be the first cast if you have more than 100 MP.

cheesecookie
Inscrutable Pi

Post by cheesecookie » Fri Jun 17, 2016 1:41 pm

LanioX wrote:I am losing a lot of the combats against the agents and I think the script is under-utilizing Humiliating Hack. If I read the code correctly, it will only cast Humiliating Hack if my MP is between 100 and 125. I think Humiliating Hack should be the first cast if you have more than 100 MP.
I just noticed this a bit later today and yeah, the logic was a little dumb there. It should be ok (or at least better) in r833 which I posted a few hours ago.

LanioX
Just Plain Old Pie

Post by LanioX » Sat Jun 18, 2016 7:29 am

Thank you, it works better now with the new version!

I have to other things that I am changing in my local version and that you might want to include. The script is cheating the stat card on day one, even though it has no effect in the Source. And I am including the Machine Elf in the list of "default" familiars, since I am missing most of the Standard IoTM familiars and I prefer the Macihine Elf over the Hobo Monkey.

boolean[familiar] poss = $familiars[Mosquito, Leprechaun, Baby Gravy Fairy, Slimeling, Golden Monkey, Hobo Monkey, Machine Elf, Crimbo Shrub, Galloping Grill, Fist Turkey, Rockin\' Robin, Piano Cat, Angry Jung Man, Grimstone Golem, Adventurous Spelunker, Rockin\' Robin];

cheesecookie
Inscrutable Pi

Post by cheesecookie » Sat Jun 18, 2016 2:37 pm

LanioX wrote:Thank you, it works better now with the new version!

I have to other things that I am changing in my local version and that you might want to include. The script is cheating the stat card on day one, even though it has no effect in the Source. And I am including the Machine Elf in the list of "default" familiars, since I am missing most of the Standard IoTM familiars and I prefer the Macihine Elf over the Hobo Monkey.

boolean[familiar] poss = $familiars[Mosquito, Leprechaun, Baby Gravy Fairy, Slimeling, Golden Monkey, Hobo Monkey, Machine Elf, Crimbo Shrub, Galloping Grill, Fist Turkey, Rockin\' Robin, Piano Cat, Angry Jung Man, Grimstone Golem, Adventurous Spelunker, Rockin\' Robin];
Agents can still end up smashing you but on the weak test account I'm using it got up to 10 agents killed, rather than 3.

That same update should have stopped it from summoning the stat card but if it already happened, well, bleh. It actually doesn't end up replacing the summon with anything (for somewhat dumb reasons on my part, I can't just tell it to summon a tower key but that is ultimately what it'll end up doing).

There are multiple default familiar lists. The machine elf is probably always a better choice than some of them but is a little more complex to deal with - the loss of +meat is actually a minor thing but the +item loss could slow things down a bit. Aside from in CS mode, it doesn't really try to use abstractions (it might use motion for the init test? Maybe?). Actually, you are looking at the fallback familiar list, which should respect those behaviors, that one is being phased out for categories of familiars (as per handleFamiliar(string)) and now that I look at it, has a bug in it that prevents some of the overriding behavior from occurring (also, it doesn't respect the familiar blacklist).

LanioX
Just Plain Old Pie

Post by LanioX » Wed Jun 22, 2016 1:47 am

I am only putting the Machine Elf into the fallback list. I do not want to use it when you want meat or items. I think it is better than the Hobo-Monkey in the fallback list, since I am never really short for meat.

I have noticed two other issues that you might want to look into at some point:
Whitey's Grove: The script is coming in there from the Palindome and is often running -Combat and +Items. That means that it will spend a lot of turns on the non-combats that do not provide any vaue. I am not sure if you have the option to run +Combat and +Items (similar to F'c'le).

The script is not using the Hell Bend and Bow-Legged Swagger on the Contest Booth. I am not sure exactly how the use of the Modifier Maximizer is working, I think it might be because these two skills are limited use, but this is the best use for them...

Thank you very much for creating and supporting this script! It works great :)

cheesecookie
Inscrutable Pi

Post by cheesecookie » Wed Jun 22, 2016 8:27 pm

LanioX wrote:I am only putting the Machine Elf into the fallback list. I do not want to use it when you want meat or items. I think it is better than the Hobo-Monkey in the fallback list, since I am never really short for meat.

I have noticed two other issues that you might want to look into at some point:
Whitey's Grove: The script is coming in there from the Palindome and is often running -Combat and +Items. That means that it will spend a lot of turns on the non-combats that do not provide any vaue. I am not sure if you have the option to run +Combat and +Items (similar to F'c'le).

The script is not using the Hell Bend and Bow-Legged Swagger on the Contest Booth. I am not sure exactly how the use of the Modifier Maximizer is working, I think it might be because these two skills are limited use, but this is the best use for them...

Thank you very much for creating and supporting this script! It works great :)
I haven't evaluated Whitey's Grove much, it never seemed to take many turns and I have no idea how bad the non-combats actually are. At a minimum, it can at least shrug Sonata and overwhelm Smooth.

There was an update earlier this week that should have added them. I noticed it for some strange raisin that I can't remember why.

wildsider
Just Plain Old Pie

Post by wildsider » Sat Jun 25, 2016 9:32 pm

How do i turn the script off when I am in aftercore?

ungawa
AFH

Post by ungawa » Sun Jun 26, 2016 7:20 am

I don't know if this is what you're experiencing, but in the past I have sometimes found that mafia is casting buffs that I'm not expecting each adventure after I finish an automated run.
If you go to Preferences->Automation, look for any of CC's automation scripts that may not have been cleared out automatically after the run. In particular, "Pre-Adventure" and "King Freed" scripts. You can just clear those out.
I haven't looked to see exactly when the main script is supposed to clear those out automatically, and I don't think I've seen them get left behind after a run in a while, but it's my best guess of what could be happening without more info about what it's actually doing.

wildsider
Just Plain Old Pie

Post by wildsider » Sun Jun 26, 2016 9:10 am

This was exactly what was happening thanks for the help.

cheesecookie
Inscrutable Pi

Post by cheesecookie » Sun Jun 26, 2016 9:57 am

In the relay settings, you can set cc_clearCombatScripts to true. That will undo the combat script changes. However, if you had been running the script since before that option was added it might not have worked (I can't recall if it reverts the settings to what they were before or clears them, it is old enough that it might just clear them).

ShitleCock
Just Plain Old Pie

Post by ShitleCock » Wed Jun 29, 2016 11:41 pm

First , thanks for the wonderful script. It worked flawlessly for 3 days
but on the fourth it encountered this problem.
Council of Loathing
"Were you able to locate the Trapper, boss?" Amun asks.
"Hmm? Oh yeah, the guy in the mountains," you say. "Yeah, I'm dealing with
that. No problem."
"Were you able to find out anything from the Highland Lord, boss?"
"Oh, right," you say. "Thanks for reminding me. Totally slipped my mind."
Please check your quests, but you might just not be at level 13 yet in
order to continue.
We must be missing a sidequest. We can't find the jerk adventurer. Must
pretend we are alive...
I seem to need to power level, or something... waaaa.
Countdown: 10 seconds...
Countdown: 5 seconds...
Countdown: 4 seconds...
Countdown: 3 seconds...
Countdown: 2 seconds...
Waiting completed.
cc_powerLevelAdvCount => 51
cc_powerLevelLastAttempted => 717
The following error message is probably wrong, you just need to powerlevel
to 13 most likely.
Need more flyer ML but don't know where to go :(
I am on hardcore ED , Level 10 and these are the current quest in the log
if it helps.
The Trapper wants:
* 3 wedges of goat cheese
* 3 chunks of asbestos ore
Hide
The Highland Lord wants you to light three signal fires:
* A-boo Peak (currently 80% haunted)
* Twin Peak (mysterious!)
* Oil Peak
Gather up Lady Spookyraven's babies on the third floor of Spookyraven Manor.
I run it again today on day 5 and it is repeating this again and again.
This is version: 847
This is day 5.
Turns played: 721 current adventures: 94
Current Ascension: Actually Ed the Undying
CCS set to null
You don't have a garden.
Waiting completed.
Turn(721): Starting with 94 left at Level: 10
Encounter: 0.0 Exp Bonus: 5.958333333333334
Meat: 85.3295878967653 Item: 0.0
HP: 88/88, MP: 247/317
ML: 10 control: 10
HP: 88/88 MP: 247/317
Ka Coins: 89 Lashes used: 0
Waiting completed.
Chasm time
Using 1 disassembled clover...
You acquire an item: ten-leaf clover
Finished using 1 disassembled clover.
Unknown Adventure #295 = adventure.php?snarfblat=295&confirm=on

[722] Unknown Adventure #295
Encounter: smut orc nailer
Round 0: MoneyGasm wins initiative!
KoLmafia thinks it is round 2 but KoL thinks it is round 1
Putting your Priest to work...
KoLmafia thinks it is round 3 but KoL thinks it is round 1
KoLmafia thinks it is round 4 but KoL thinks it is round 1
Round 4: Ankhamoaten "accidentally" trips up your opponent with her broom.
Your current servant is Ankhamoaten, the Maid (lvl. 16, 131 xp)

cc_disableAdventureHandling => yes
Starting Ed Battle at The Smut Orc Logging Camp

You are currently in a fight.

KoLmafia thinks it is round 5 but KoL thinks it is round 1
cc_disableAdventureHandling => no
Waiting completed.
Turn(721): Starting with 94 left at Level: 10
Encounter: 0.0 Exp Bonus: 5.802083333333334
Meat: 85.3295878967653 Item: 0.0
HP: 88/88, MP: 247/317
ML: 10 control: 10
HP: 88/88 MP: 247/317
Ka Coins: 89 Lashes used: 0
Waiting completed.
You are currently in a fight.
Starting bedtime: Pulls Left: 0
Done for today (5), beep boop

cheesecookie
Inscrutable Pi

Post by cheesecookie » Thu Jun 30, 2016 2:59 pm

I'm not sure why you didn't hit the clover adventure but whatever did that caused the problem.

Just finish the combat manually and resume. However, those unknown adventure messages do indicate that I missed a update to that part of the code (which doesn't explain the missed clover adventure but will be fixed).

r848 will get rid of that unknown adventure message. Maybe I missed something in the handling and it unclovered you somewhere? I don't really know. The lack of the clover adventure still bothers me. That's why I repeated it so much.

ShitleCock
Just Plain Old Pie

Post by ShitleCock » Thu Jun 30, 2016 5:50 pm

OKay I did some research and it seems that the script repeats the bridge repair/orc chasm quest even tho I have completed it already but it goes to the orc logging camp and pulls out the clover but if the bridge is complete then there is no clover adventure and that is what makes the script confuse and get struck in battle.

I checked the the relay browser settings and dont see the bridge quest so I can mark it complete.

cheesecookie
Inscrutable Pi

Post by cheesecookie » Thu Jun 30, 2016 5:59 pm

ShitleCock wrote:OKay I did some research and it seems that the script repeats the bridge repair/orc chasm quest even tho I have completed it already but it goes to the orc logging camp and pulls out the clover but if the bridge is complete then there is no clover adventure and that is what makes the script confuse and get struck in battle.

I checked the the relay browser settings and dont see the bridge quest so I can mark it complete.
Oh? I did not know that, interesting...

Mafia should know your chasm completion... try clicking on the bridge and seeing if that works?

Alternatively, you can: "set chasmBridgeProgress=30", that should do it.

ShitleCock
Just Plain Old Pie

Post by ShitleCock » Thu Jun 30, 2016 6:27 pm

That solved the bridge problem but now the script is stuck again and showing the same error (that on day 4).
A-Boo Peak: 80
Maximizing...
80 combinations checked, best score 17.00
Current HP: 88/88
Expected cold damage: 134 Expected spooky damage: 100
Expected Cold Resist: 8 Expected Spooky Resist: 10 Expected HP Difference: 0
cc_lastABooCycleFix => 1
Nevermind, that peak is too scary!
Council of Loathing

"Were you able to locate the Trapper, boss?" Amun asks.

"Hmm? Oh yeah, the guy in the mountains," you say. "Yeah, I'm dealing with that. No problem."

"Were you able to find out anything from the Highland Lord, boss?"

"Oh, right," you say. "Thanks for reminding me. Totally slipped my mind."
Please check your quests, but you might just not be at level 13 yet in order to continue.
We must be missing a sidequest. We can't find the jerk adventurer. Must pretend we are alive...
Waiting completed.
cc_powerLevelAdvCount => 63
The following error message is probably wrong, you just need to powerlevel to 13 most likely.
Edit: I checked and my Cold Resist: 7 Spooky Resist: 9 while the required is 8 and 10 respectively. I manually increased it to 11 and 13 but somehow the the expected message is always +1 above my current.
Edit 2: I completed boopeak manually , the message about boopeak is gone but the other is still here.
Please check your quests, but you might just not be at level 13 yet in order to continue.
We must be missing a sidequest. We can't find the jerk adventurer. Must pretend we are alive...
Waiting completed.
cc_powerLevelAdvCount => 67
cc_powerLevelLastAttempted => 735
The following error message is probably wrong, you just need to powerlevel to 13 most likely.
Edit3(solved): I leveled to 11 manually and the script start perfectly this time , taking the black market quest.If the script could check current level and power level to 11, that would be awesome for future runs.

cheesecookie
Inscrutable Pi

Post by cheesecookie » Fri Jul 01, 2016 8:41 am

ShitleCock wrote: I seem to need to power level, or something... waaaa.
Waiting completed.
cc_powerLevelAdvCount => 67
cc_powerLevelLastAttempted => 735
Edit3(solved): I leveled to 11 manually and the script start perfectly this time , taking the black market quest.If the script could check current level and power level to 11, that would be awesome for future runs.[/quote]

It does check current level, it even went through the powerlevel handler (although, that can also fail in you don't have access to a scaling zone). The issue is that it had no idea what to do anymore. It may be related to whatever caused your chasm bridge to not be detected correctly - it's really hard to say without a full analysis of the situation.

That being said, I can certainly do something with that, can you give me an idea of your IoTMs and how many starting Ed points you have? Next time you are in aftercore, if you can run the snapshot script it would be most helpful for me figuring out if some IoTMs are lacking (and how to substitute for them) or if they aren't even being used when they should be.

ShitleCock
Just Plain Old Pie

Post by ShitleCock » Fri Jul 01, 2016 10:38 am

I did this on a new character so no skills or Iotms but I started the script when rollover was close, so maybe it didn't do the required actions on day 1 or something. Here is the link to snapshot

cheesecookie
Inscrutable Pi

Post by cheesecookie » Fri Jul 01, 2016 10:42 am

ShitleCock wrote:I did this on a new character so no skills or Iotms.
Heh, that makes it all make sense regarding it not being sure of what to do and failing. Ok, I can probably put in some last-ditch actions in there so it does something for leveling since at no skill/iotm, it appears reasonable to run out of suitable quests. I'll try to figure out something quick for tonight and digest it a little further later on (the new IoTM needs some scripting love).

ShitleCock
Just Plain Old Pie

Post by ShitleCock » Fri Jul 01, 2016 12:55 pm

You should probably look at day 4 and level 10 and above quests as this is where I start receiving the power level messages.
In early days the hippies camp provide excellent farming which the script did perfectly , I manually power level at hidden city(looks a great place for farming/power leveling)

cheesecookie
Inscrutable Pi

Post by cheesecookie » Fri Jul 01, 2016 3:44 pm

ShitleCock wrote:You should probably look at day 4 and level 10 and above quests as this is where I start receiving the power level messages.
In early days the hippies camp provide excellent farming which the script did perfectly , I manually power level at hidden city(looks a great place for farming/power leveling)
That's not something I can actually look at without making another account. I don't really consider the Hidden City to be good at all but it might be if you have no IoTMs to work with.

ShitleCock
Just Plain Old Pie

Post by ShitleCock » Fri Jul 01, 2016 4:39 pm

I will make another Hardcore Ed run on this script and see what happens this time. For accounts without Iotms, it will be great to farm/power level at hidden city.

Hellno
Pie in the Sky

Post by Hellno » Sat Jul 02, 2016 4:48 am

Very happy with the script so far in my first HC S Source.

I ran into my first major problem as I hit level 11, when it just started repeated the following until I stopped it- worth noting a machine elf did not get 'equipped', and I only had 1 turn left.
[483] The Deep Machine Tunnels
Encounter:
Nothing more to do here.

choiceAdventure1119 => 0
cc_choice1119 =>
cc_choice1119 => 0
choiceAdventure1119 => 1
cc_familiarChoice => Machine Elf

Visit to Town: The Deep Machine Tunnels in progress...

Encounter:
Nothing more to do here.

choiceAdventure1119 => 0
cc_choice1119 =>
cc_choice1119 => 0
choiceAdventure1119 => 1

Encounter:
Nothing more to do here.

choiceAdventure1119 => 0
cc_choice1119 =>
cc_choice1119 => 0
choiceAdventure1119 => 1

Encounter:
Nothing more to do here.

choiceAdventure1119 => 0
cc_choice1119 =>
cc_choice1119 => 0
choiceAdventure1119 => 1

Encounter:
Nothing more to do here.

choiceAdventure1119 => 0
cc_choice1119 =>
cc_choice1119 => 0
choiceAdventure1119 => 1

Encounter:
Nothing more to do here.

choiceAdventure1119 => 0
cc_choice1119 =>
cc_choice1119 => 0
choiceAdventure1119 => 1

Encounter:
Nothing more to do here.

choiceAdventure1119 => 0
cc_choice1119 =>
cc_choice1119 => 0
choiceAdventure1119 => 1

Encounter:
Nothing more to do here.

choiceAdventure1119 => 0
cc_choice1119 =>
cc_choice1119 => 0
choiceAdventure1119 => 1

cheesecookie
Inscrutable Pi

Post by cheesecookie » Sat Jul 02, 2016 2:10 pm

Hellno wrote:Very happy with the script so far in my first HC S Source.

I ran into my first major problem as I hit level 11, when it just started repeated the following until I stopped it- worth noting a machine elf did not get 'equipped', and I only had 1 turn left.
Can you make sure you are updated. I remember seeing this a while ago and don't remember why but I fixed it. Of course, if it is a new instance of the issue, I will take a look again.

cheesecookie
Inscrutable Pi

Post by cheesecookie » Sat Jul 02, 2016 9:13 pm

ShitleCock wrote:I will make another Hardcore Ed run on this script and see what happens this time. For accounts without Iotms, it will be great to farm/power level at hidden city.
This should be done now, r857 is past it but I forget what revision it was.

Hellno
Pie in the Sky

Post by Hellno » Sun Jul 03, 2016 8:58 am

cheesecookie wrote:
Hellno wrote:Very happy with the script so far in my first HC S Source.

Can you make sure you are updated. I remember seeing this a while ago and don't remember why but I fixed it. Of course, if it is a new instance of the issue, I will take a look again.
Pretty sure it was the latest version as I tend to svn update frequently. At the very least it was updated 3 days ago since I reinstalled when starting my run.

ShitleCock
Just Plain Old Pie

Post by ShitleCock » Sun Jul 03, 2016 9:27 am

I am using r858 , and it doesn't powerlevel because in this run I got "powerlevel warning" in level 9 and that means hidden city is locked at that stage. So maybe pre-hidden city powerlevel in hippi war camp or any other good place?

cheesecookie
Inscrutable Pi

Post by cheesecookie » Sun Jul 03, 2016 3:01 pm

ShitleCock wrote:
I am using r858 , and it doesn't powerlevel because in this run I got "powerlevel warning" in level 9 and that means hidden city is locked at that stage. So maybe pre-hidden city powerlevel in hippi war camp or any other good place?
Hippy Camp is not a great place to try to powerlevel.... I have no idea what would be good at that level though, maybe the haunted bedroom...

ShitleCock
Just Plain Old Pie

Post by ShitleCock » Sun Jul 03, 2016 7:59 pm

haunted bedroom is locked at that stage because the script waits for billards room. Why the script waits for ore when it already acquired cheese in traper quest + at what spooky/cold resistance the script try spooky peak?
These are the quests where the script requires powerleveling/items etc.

cheesecookie
Inscrutable Pi

Post by cheesecookie » Sun Jul 03, 2016 10:11 pm

ShitleCock wrote:haunted bedroom is locked at that stage because the script waits for billards room. Why the script waits for ore when it already acquired cheese in traper quest + at what spooky/cold resistance the script try spooky peak?
These are the quests where the script requires powerleveling/items etc.
If it gets you too drunk it waits on the billiards room but it should ignore that if it runs out of crap.

Ore was trickier to deal with back when that logic was made, now that clovers are not a limited resource, it could probably be bypassed.

Spooky peak? A-boo? It waits until you can use a clue successfully without dying.