Edscension - Your #1 Karma Farming Script

For script writing
Zen00
Just Plain Old Pie

Edscension - Your #1 Karma Farming Script

Post by Zen00 » Tue Jun 23, 2015 9:57 am

Features

Everyone has that problem, a alt account you want some skills on, but not enough time to train him up and play your regular account as well. Or maybe you're just going on vacation and don't want to be spending lots of time thinking about KoL. Edscension is the answer to these and all other Karma farming problems! Combining the quick ascending potential of Ed (3 or 4 days depending on if you have an astral belt or Mr. Store items) with the high Karma return of Hardcore runs Edscension will net you 50 more karma on average than ascending Softcore on an in-season path, plus free still-beating spleen!

This script is currently as of version 1.0.0.4 in Beta, most hard bugs and loops have been fixed, however it is still recommended that you be comfortable with (and watch) the CLI while running this script to catch any bugs before they potentially waste adventures. Please report any bugs you find to me to add to the bug list.

Bug List: (1.0.0.5)
  • Not handling eating/drinking, a large project which will take time to fix, however does handle fortune cookie/lucky lindy use
  • The first 10 turns are rather wonky and I highly suggest you do them manually after hitting the first abort (generally because it can't get enough mana)
  • Cobb's Knob still not handling properly (to pick up the lunchbox)
How to install:
removed this block -lost

Once in place, just refresh your KoLmafia scripts menu and click on the cc_ascend.ash file to start automating your adventuring!

Dependencies:
Zarqon's Zlib

Special Thanks:
CheeseCookie, Ezandora, and others who have helped me understand the coding.

This is a fork of CheeseCookies Ed Ascension script.

littlelolligagged
Leader of Heck

Re: Edscension - Your #1 Karma Farming Script

Post by littlelolligagged » Tue Jun 23, 2015 7:39 pm

Uh, it's pretty rude for you to be posting this script here, particularly when you consider that Cheesecookie's is awesome, well-maintained, is the original, not a poorly created copy, and Cheese fixes any issues that come up as quickly as he can after they are mentioned - including making adjustments for weird issues that are because of bizarre things people using the script (like me) have done.

cheesecookie
Inscrutable Pi

Post by cheesecookie » Tue Jun 23, 2015 10:55 pm

littlelolligagged wrote:Uh, it's pretty rude for you to be posting this script here, particularly when you consider that Cheesecookie's is awesome, well-maintained, is the original, not a poorly created copy, and Cheese fixes any issues that come up as quickly as he can after they are mentioned - including making adjustments for weird issues that are because of bizarre things people using the script (like me) have done.
Damn it Lolli, I was brewing up a very long-winded rant while moving boxes today after I saw this post and you've defused me somewhat, I'll have to brew it all over again.

Zen00
Just Plain Old Pie

Post by Zen00 » Wed Jun 24, 2015 5:57 pm

littlelolligagged wrote:Uh, it's pretty rude for you to be posting this script here, particularly when you consider that Cheesecookie's is awesome, well-maintained, is the original, not a poorly created copy, and Cheese fixes any issues that come up as quickly as he can after they are mentioned - including making adjustments for weird issues that are because of bizarre things people using the script (like me) have done.

1. I'm awesome too. :P
2. I've released an update every 2 weeks since I made this script public.
3. Original or not, doesn't make mine any less worthwhile.
4. I fix issues as reported/as I find them (see bug log)

But really, you don't like this Cheese? You think I'm a hack for making a fork of your project? I didn't know, no wonder you /ignored me in KoL. I thought you liked that I was working on this and were encouraging me to continue to go forward with this project. If I had known you hated my guts for doing it I wouldn't have bothered. But since you never made it known....

It actually makes me look down on you quite a bit. I thought you were better than this. Maybe next time sometime someone who looks up to you for your skill and takes time to better his skills and such comes along, you'll tell them to their face to bugger-off instead of hidding it and then one day for no reason /ignoring them, making them wonder why they were such a bad person that you'd want to /ignore them.

transplanted_entwife
Oh my! Guy with Pie!

Post by transplanted_entwife » Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:49 pm

Zen00 wrote:

1. I'm awesome too. :P
2. I've released an update every 2 weeks since I made this script public.
3. Original or not, doesn't make mine any less worthwhile.
4. I fix issues as reported/as I find them (see bug log)

But really, you don't like this Cheese? You think I'm a hack for making a fork of your project? I didn't know, no wonder you /ignored me in KoL. I thought you liked that I was working on this and were encouraging me to continue to go forward with this project. If I had known you hated my guts for doing it I wouldn't have bothered. But since you never made it known....

It actually makes me look down on you quite a bit. I thought you were better than this. Maybe next time sometime someone who looks up to you for your skill and takes time to better his skills and such comes along, you'll tell them to their face to bugger-off instead of hidding it and then one day for no reason /ignoring them, making them wonder why they were such a bad person that you'd want to /ignore them.
Whether you're awesome or not (I'm far from convinced after your followup response to my friend Cheesecookie- ugh, drama), the facts are this: I've used Cheesecookie's ascension script many times with javamonkey, my multi (I do not automate runs on TE- I'm weird that way). Whenever I run into a blip, I communicate said blip to cheesecookie and he is very kind and helpful. He updates FAR more frequently than every two weeks. His script handles eating and drinking for the most part (there might be the occasional time that it doesn't, and he is always helpful to me in those instances and helps me figure out what the heck I should do). His ascension script has allowed me to chain quite a few 3 day HCEd runs on javamonkey.
I have no need for another script, and I'm not entirely sure why anyone else would need one either (to each their own, I guess).
To me, it's understandable to replace a script where the writer has gone AWOL (for instance what Cheesecookie is doing right now with the BCC snapshot script). I don't get the point of copying/reworking an ascension script when the original writer is still active (and pleasantly helpful as well)... especially when the new version offers less features and automation.
I'll be sticking with Cheesecookie's script.

lightwolf
AFH

Post by lightwolf » Wed Jun 24, 2015 9:40 pm

Zen00 wrote:Once in place, just refresh your KoLmafia scripts menu and click on the cc_ascend.ash file to start automating your adventuring!
:?:

You forked a HC ed Ascending script in order to create a HC ed Ascending script and then started advertising to everyone, "Hey, look at this HC ed ascending script I made that will help you farm karma".

Also I am not sure what differs yours from the original script anyway aside from the fact that you are now the one advertising it and getting notify x; when the script is called. I can't comment to the claims that it has less functionality and isn't updated as frequently because I don't use either.

I mean, its a neat idea to try and reverse engineer an ascension script if you want to learn scripting yourself. And if you think you can do some part of it better or want to do something different with it that could maybe make it worthwhile.

One of the first scripts I made was based on a bumcheeck script that added the final fantasy music to the end of the airship quest. And I forked that and then had it add several other video game musics (mega man for the psychosis jar, earthbound shop music, ect...) as well as updated the FF music stuff when the quest was changed. Extending its general use.

Another script I took the dungeon manager GM script that put a clan dungeon link in the top bar, and turned it into a script that added a link to the florist friar complete with florist friar image in the top pane. Using it in a new way.

But from everything I've heard so far, yours is just another Ed Ascension script based on a Ed ascension script; but now you are advertising it louder then everyone else.

don't be Zynga

lostcalpolydude
Forum Maestro

Post by lostcalpolydude » Wed Jun 24, 2015 10:06 pm

This thread isn't going anywhere...

People that are interested can find info about this script on the mafia forum.
bmaher: Softcore character
lostcalpolydude: Hardcore character (abandoned)