Spotlight: Mother Slime (September 2009, obsolete strategy)

This forum is for threads formatted to present useful gameplay mechanics in a concise format for the community at large, and also for threads that summarize knowledge from TPTB that is otherwise impossible to spade.
Eleron
Has a thing!

Spotlight: Mother Slime (September 2009, obsolete strategy)

Post by Eleron » Sun Nov 29, 2009 7:11 pm

DarthDud has a plan. by IstariAsuka
[This strategy involving killing mother slimes in-run for massive stats. It was nerfed so you can't fight her below lvl 13, and can hopefully inspire something similar in the future]

It's mother slime! She's going to crush a bug like me. I can barely survive tavern rats!

Oops.

This was fun. A bit nerve-wracking, though, as the first 2 times I fought her she killed me instantly. Turns out that potato and navel ring don't block her first round. Managed to boost up init to crazy levels to fix that problem. Proceeded to kill 4 slimes in 7 adventures.

Then I finished the days turns, starting by sucking down 2 air. Using the remainder of my buffs, I got a retarded number of bander runaways (11! from a 2lb base!). Got spleen. Used 3rd air. Adventured enough to use my putty and boulder for the day. Hopefully this'll turn out to be a 4-day SCO. :)

Spleeny-poo.

Strategy:
The hard part is getting enough MP. Doing enough damage is way easier. Needed 568 max MP. What you can't see in the screenshots is what that entails: tiny-scroll, banana potion, cleesh potion, 4-5 candy hearts, trivials, mojo, shanty, mascara, telescope buff.

The next hard part is getting a large enough potato to get a decent win%. You have to block 7 attacks, since you die instantly when hit. I had: skills (15), pet snacks (10), sugar shield (10), vip (5), green snowcone (5), pet buffing spray (5), green heart (3) all on a 4lb base potato (green snowcone helped level it up through tavern) for 57lb total. This gave me a 92.75% of blocking any given attack, and thus a win chance of 59%.

Then you have to win init. That takes 300%. I had springy (40), passive (20), yellow hearts (20), celerity (20), panty raiders (100), vip (50), upsy daisy (50).

Damage wasn't hard with the amount of myst I was had. +300% spell damage (vip, sugar hat, navel, spooky staff, bot). (Didn't need 10% soda water potion.)

Because of mother's DA though you need to be a little tricky. Spells used:
3x pastalord (tuned)
1x fearful fettucini
2x 120mp hobo spell
2x different 120mp hobo spell

This could be done at L1, but it'd be pointless (and would take an extra pull). Need to do wood/tavern anyways to unlock friars. Only doable as myst class, basically.