ReverKiller HCNP SC (5/???)

Moderator: Raccoon

reverkiller
Promoter of Heck

ReverKiller HCNP SC (5/???)

Post by reverkiller » Mon Feb 14, 2011 2:19 pm

My seal clubbing virginity is gone! I'm going to only post/comment on day 1 because that is what I'm still most unsatisfied with.

NEW Seal Clubber ASCENSION STARTED 20110211
------------------------------

This log was created by the Ascension Log Visualizer 3.4.1.
The basic idea and the format of this parser have been borrowed from the AFH MafiaLog Parser by VladimirPootin and QuantumNightmare.

Alright, the plan for this run was to get my feet moderately wet before SLUTS. I have some ambitious plans, and since I seem to let myself down at every turn it seemed appropriate to do a moderately paced practice run. Day 1 is giving me trouble though, so look at this maybe?

===Day 1===

[0] Ascension Start [0,0,0]
+> [0] Got ten-leaf clover, ten-leaf clover
-> Turn [0] none
[1] Lemon Party [0,0,0]
+> [1] Got sugar sheet

I got a RnR for the buffs. Looking back, I think this was the right decision because I was so MP strapped all of day 1.

[2-5] Outskirts of The Knob [19,17,11]
+> [4] Got Knob Goblin firecracker
-> Turn [4] Llama Lama
=> Level 2 (Turn 4)! (5/4/4)

Redrayed for stats, still don't have torso to help push me over the top. I didn't buy and turn the radio on until after turn 2.

[6-13] Spooky Forest [19,17,11]
+> [13] Got mosquito larva
o> Ate 1 fortune cookie (1 adventures gained) [0,0,0]

Burned through the initial 5 turns and it took another after that until I got my larva.

[14-19] Haunted Pantry [12,7,5]
+> [14] Got razor-sharp can lid
+> [15] Got llama lama gong
-> Turn [15] Rogue Program
-> Turn [19] Obtuse Angel

Worked on unlocking the pantry. I wasn't sure what to do here, so I just adventured somewhere where I got some benefit in the form of unlocking the manor.

=> Level 3 (Turn 19)! (8/6/6)
[20] photocopied monster [4,4,2]
*> [20] Started hunting Blooper
-> Turn [20] Rogue Program

Faxed in Blooper, and I arrowed him. I had no idea what else to arrow, and this seemed like it was an okay choice for guaranteeing some White Pixels. I also olfacted the blooper here so I could use birdform in the 8-Bit realm.

[21-35] 8-Bit Realm [74,35,22]
+> [23] Got Game Grid token
+> [24] Got Game Grid token
+> [33] Got Game Grid token
+> [35] Got glimmering roc feather
-> Turn [24] Obtuse Angel
-> Turn [26] Rogue Program
-> Turn [27] Mini-Hipster
-> Turn [28] Stocking Mimic
-> Turn [29] Rogue Program
-> Turn [34] Stocking Mimic

I got beaten up here a couple of times, and it took longer than it should have because I was running the Program to get some tokens. I was also in bird

[36-40] Tavern Cellar [13,6,6]
+> [39] Got figurine of a wretched-looking seal
+> [40] Got ten-leaf clover
-> Turn [37] Llama Lama

I started doing the tavern, and realized I wasn't going to make it to 4 in time.

[41] Lemon Party [0,0,0]
o> Ate 1 mugcake (1 adventures gained) [0,0,0]
[42] Guild Challenge [0,0,0]
o> Used 2 enchanted barbell [11,0,0]
o> Ate 1 mugcake (1 adventures gained) [0,0,0]

If this seems out of place, its because it was sort of like "Oh shit I need meat to get an oven. I'll make my EW to get the 1k meat from the guild! Oh wait, I haven't unlocked the guild. Lets do that too!"

[43] Cook 1 dry noodles + 1 tomato [0,0,0]
o> Ate 1 boring spaghetti (9 adventures gained) [6,8,6]
=> Level 4 (Turn 43)! (13/9/8)

I was really close to hitting 4 in 40. This is my first time in a long time as a non-Moxie, and this is one of my first tries at dropping RQG.

[44] Cook 1 tomato + 1 dry noodles [0,0,0]
o> Ate 1 boring spaghetti (6 adventures gained) [6,8,7]
o> Used 2 coffee pixie stick (16 adventures gained) [0,0,0]
o> Used 1 glimmering roc feather (7 adventures gained) [29,30,29]

I generated a lot of turns right here so I could keep playing today. I know I can do a bit better than this, and its one of the areas that I'm looking for a bit of advice: How do I make sure I get 4 in 40?

[45-49] Tavern Cellar [12,7,2]
+> [48] Got bottle of tequila, bottle of tequila, bottle of tequila
+> [49] Got Typical Tavern swill, Typical Tavern swill, Typical Tavern swill
-> Turn [49] Rogue Program

Got my swill, which I would use to generate even more turns!

[50-57] 8-Bit Realm [39,22,15]
-> Turn [57] Mini-Hipster

Finishing up my Digital key. I remember when I couldn't do this day 1, and I'm glad I've come along far enough that I know how to deal with tougher monsters

[58-59] Haunted Pantry [4,3,3]
-> Turn [59] Obtuse Angel

Unlocked the Pantry and decided I was going to need a shield ASAP for Hero.

[60-72] Pre-Cyrpt Cemetary [36,26,21]
+> [64] Got smart skull
+> [70] Got loose teeth
+> [71] Got grave robbing shovel

Did the Cemetary for the sole purpose of getting a Cola Wars shield. I wish I didn't have to, but I was getting torn apart without a shield and I wasn't able to hold my moxie up.

[73] Outskirts of The Knob [0,0,0]
#> [73] Semirare: Lunchboxing
o> Drank 1 thermos full of Knob coffee (7 adventures gained) [5,7,5]

I'm still hellbent on turn generation.

[74] Pre-Cyrpt Cemetary [0,0,0]
[75-79] Battlefield (No Uniform) [49,36,24]
-> Turn [79] Rogue Program
[80-85] Outskirts of The Knob [7,5,3]
+> [81] Got magical ice cubes
+> [82] Got coconut shell
+> [83] Got magical ice cubes
+> [84] Got little paper umbrella, little paper umbrella
+> [85] Got Knob Goblin encryption key

I'm not sure where the MP came from (probably the RP), but I got my shield and finished unlocking the knob.

[86-91] Haunted Pantry [4,7,7]
o> Ate 2 Knob pasty (13 adventures gained) [11,15,10]
[92] Mix 1 seal-clubbing club + 1 coconut shell + 1 Typical Tavern swill [0,0,0]
[93] Mix 1 seal-clubbing club + 1 magical ice cubes + 1 Typical Tavern swill [0,0,0]
o> Drank 1 blended frozen swill (14 adventures gained)
[3,4,26]

o> Drank 1 tropical swill (18 adventures gained) [27,4,2]

I still can't get enough MP (cap and generating) to cast Inigo's day 1

=> Level 5 (Turn 93)! (20/16/15)
[94-95] Haunted Pantry [1,3,0]
-> Turn [95] He-Boulder

Unlocked the Pantry

[96-102] Knob Goblin Harem [30,13,9]
+> [96] Got Knob Goblin harem veil
+> [102] Got Knob Goblin harem pants, Knob Goblin perfume, disease
}> [102] Disintegrated Knob Goblin Harem Girl
-> Turn [102] Green Pixie

I did this so I could get my Veil for the meat from the Boss Bat.

[103-111] Guano Junction [36,25,9]
+> [104] Got broken skull, sonar-in-a-biscuit
+> [105] Got baseball
+> [109] Got loose teeth
-> Turn [104] Slimeling

Switched to slimeling for the MP

[112-113] Beanbat Chamber [7,6,5]
+> [112] Got enchanted bean

I wasn't sure if I should stick around the Beanbat chamber after getting my enchanted bean, so I headed back to the Guano.

[114-118] Guano Junction [20,15,4]
+> [116] Got loose teeth
+> [117] Got loose teeth
+> [118] Got sonar-in-a-biscuit
-> Turn [118] He-Boulder

[119-123] Boss Bat's Lair [21,16,4]
-> Turn [121] Knob Goblin Organ Grinder
-> Turn [123] Stocking Mimic

I got beaten up by some of the Body guards. It was because I didn't take combat seriously enough.

[124-126] Spooky Forest [7,4,2]
-> Turn [126] Knob Goblin Organ Grinder

Burning off beaten up, stasised for MP.

[127-128] Boss Bat's Lair [10,8,6]
+> [128] Got Boss Bat bandana

Wrecked the bat!

[129-130] Outskirts of The Knob [3,2,3]
o> Ate 1 badass pie (8 adventures gained) [19,18,10]
o> Ate 1 fortune cookie (1 adventures gained) [0,0,0]
-> Turn [130] Stocking Mimic

Finished up my eating for the day. I spent the turns in the Knob because... Well I'm not entirely sure. In retrospect I think I could have spent those somewhere else so as to not "waste" these turns.

[131-133] Haunted Billiards Room [19,13,10]
[134] Mix 1 magical ice cubes + 1 Typical Tavern swill [0,0,0]
[135-136] Haunted Billiards Room [6,3,5]
+> [135] Got pool cue
+> [136] Got sugar sheet, sugar sheet
o> Drank 1 blended frozen swill (15 adventures gained) [2,3,26]
-> Turn [135] Frumious Bandersnatch
&> 2 / 2 free retreats
[137] Spooky Forest [0,0,0]
+> [137] Got Spooky-Gro fertilizer
-> Turn [137] Stocking Mimic
&> 3 / 3 free retreats
[138-148] Haunted Billiards Room [62,55,37]

Billiards room is AWESOME when you have a mimic. You just use your seal tooth for 25 rounds and finish 'em off with shieldbutt!

[149] Guild Challenge [3,5,4]

Did this because I wanted to get ready to go to the beach day 2, and felt that I would rather have the 5k meat for a mushroom patch rather than this one turn. I think that that was a very smart decision.

[150-154] Haunted Library [44,30,19]
+> [150] Got inkwell
-> Turn [154] He-Boulder
[155] King's Chamber [47,25,32]
+> [155] Got Cobb's Knob lab key, Crown of the Goblin King, divine champagne flute, empty meat tank
+> [155] Got tires
o> Drank 1 pumpkin beer (7 adventures gained) [18,19,8]
-> Turn [155] Stocking Mimic

As soon as my RR counter wore off, I used the old trick of RRing the king for stats. I also made pumpking beer, which is delicious and filled with turn gen.

[156-157] Haunted Library [8,5,5]
+> [157] Got green candy heart, green candy heart, green candy heart, lavender candy heart
+> [157] Got white candy heart
-> Turn [157] Rogue Program
[158-164] Haunted Bedroom [54,0,28]
+> [160] Got Lord Spookyraven's spectacles
+> [164] Got little paper umbrella, little paper umbrella, magical ice cubes, magical ice cubes
+> [164] Got magical ice cubes
o> Drank 1 snifter of thoroughly aged brandy (4 adventures gained) [0,11,0]
-> Turn [164] Frumious Bandersnatch

I unlocked the Ballroom day 1, which was an awesome awesome confidence boost. Maybe this day didn't go as bad as I thought?
I only got to use 5 runaways today, because I didn't fax a KGE (which is an option).
My Seal Clubbing flower is gone!

lotsofphil
Leader of rum ham

Re: ReverKiller HCNP SC (5/???)

Post by lotsofphil » Mon Feb 14, 2011 6:23 pm

I always do turn 1 RnR. I think this means it is good. For me, the day 1 clovers go to RnR, sonars and then ? if there are two at the hermit.

Set the mcd on turn 1. You can cast madrigal and that means you shouldn't be in dire straits. A +HP skill (arrowsmith, slimy HP and holiday weight gain all have their good points) is something to think about. Arrowsmith is +30 HP for 5 MP and helps muscle classes with the bedroom... but it takes a song slot. Slimy HP is passive... but it is the least +HP of all three (and takes glands which you may not have). Holiday Weight Gain is the most potent at the end of the run... but the least potent early on (only better than slimy HP at L5, only better than arrowsmith at L7).

My llama use has been postponed lately. Pumpkin beer makes L4 in 40 turns obsolete. It gives so many turns that it is now "open knob and L5 by turn 70" if anything. I use hipster until I get 5 fights (for non-moxie) in the pantry, forest and knob. Then get spleen from your rogue somewhere. Dunno. But the llama is screwing you. It likes screwing you.

Faxing blooper is fine. Arrowing it is not. Since you sniff it, you are done/should be done before the copies show up. Don't use your hipster there. Mimic and spleen fams are good.

...waaaait. You don't have pumpkins? Get them. "How do I make sure I get 4 in 40?" There you go. If that's not an option, I can give you some ideas, but they're way tougher.

I'd perm skills that let you not need a shield. Wait until you get the hot plate. Flavour, cannon, +HP, use your trivial. Something like that.

"I did this so I could get my Veil for the meat from the Boss Bat." Parrot + clover. Then use fairy in the other zones. They, sadly, do not require stench resistance.

Badass pie can be easily used in the 8-bit. Ideal diet is 1 cookie, 1 badass pie, 2 hell ramen, in my mind.

You don't need to do any guild turns to open the beach.

Gah! You do have pumpkins! Pumpkin beer will make L4 a non-issue. If you aren't SR-ing KGE, it seems like a very good (the best) D1 fax.

Discuss.

reverkiller
Promoter of Heck

Post by reverkiller » Mon Feb 14, 2011 6:41 pm

lotsofphil wrote:I always do turn 1 RnR. I think this means it is good. For me, the day 1 clovers go to RnR, sonars and then ? if there are two at the hermit.

Set the mcd on turn 1. You can cast madrigal and that means you shouldn't be in dire straits. A +HP skill (arrowsmith, slimy HP and holiday weight gain all have their good points) is something to think about. Arrowsmith is +30 HP for 5 MP and helps muscle classes with the bedroom... but it takes a song slot. Slimy HP is passive... but it is the least +HP of all three (and takes glands which you may not have). Holiday Weight Gain is the most potent at the end of the run... but the least potent early on (only better than slimy HP at L5, only better than arrowsmith at L7).
Yeah, I usually MCD turn 1... But I forgot to set it. I'm going to make sure to do that on my real run!

My llama use has been postponed lately. Pumpkin beer makes L4 in 40 turns obsolete. It gives so many turns that it is now "open knob and L5 by turn 70" if anything. I use hipster until I get 5 fights (for non-moxie) in the pantry, forest and knob. Then get spleen from your rogue somewhere. Dunno. But the llama is screwing you. It likes screwing you.
I totally forgot to use Pumpkin beer! That is something I should really remember to do (and I think taht this means I'll be doing another practice run before SLUTS thus deciding my ordering of runs) Is the llama really that bad? I got my gong and it helped me out.

Faxing blooper is fine. Arrowing it is not. Since you sniff it, you are done/should be done before the copies show up. Don't use your hipster there. Mimic and spleen fams are good.

...waaaait. You don't have pumpkins? Get them. "How do I make sure I get 4 in 40?" There you go. If that's not an option, I can give you some ideas, but they're way tougher.
I have pumpkins! Yay!
Okay, not arrowing bloopers. Should I pick up BRICKOs to arrow? (I've been thinking about getting BRICKOs for a while)

I'd perm skills that let you not need a shield. Wait until you get the hot plate. Flavour, cannon, +HP, use your trivial. Something like that.
This isn't _entirely_ feasible before the run, and the reason I was running shield was more the "survival" aspect and less the "combat" aspect. I didn't sewer level so Shieldbutt really didn't get that many casts day 1.

Badass pie can be easily used in the 8-bit. Ideal diet is 1 cookie, 1 badass pie, 2 hell ramen, in my mind.
Should I not be doing the 8bit first then? I don't know where I would get a badass pie before the 8 bit.

You don't need to do any guild turns to open the beach.
Should I be spending the 5k on the bus pass? I used that instead on a mushroom patch for the Knob mushroom and the spooky mushroom, although if I make it to 6 day 1 and fight hellions that will be a non issue.

Gah! You do have pumpkins! Pumpkin beer will make L4 a non-issue. If you aren't SR-ing KGE, it seems like a very good (the best) D1 fax.

Discuss.
Okay. I still have a couple more questions:

What are you arrowing day 1?
What are you doing when?
Here is what I mean by that:
-Knob until 2
-Forest until larva
-Fax/Olfact Blooper
-8bit until done
-Tavern
-Bats (if 4)
-Billiards
-Friars (if appicable)
-Ballroom

I feel totally out of HC right now, but I think I can pull myself together for SLUTS.

lotsofphil
Leader of rum ham

Post by lotsofphil » Mon Feb 14, 2011 7:00 pm

Get the badass pie by doing the boss bat earlier.

Someone said that the fax and arrow ghosts on D1. That is an idea. Otherwise, bricko bat, ascii, lobsterfrogman.

You just need to make the meatcar to get beach access. The difference from before is you don't need to talk to guild people.

I'm not sure about D1 arrow yet. Last run I did bricko bats and got beaten up. This run I did LFM and went 2/3.

My D1 (if I were you):
Fax and RR KGE (hit L2, mildly risky, maybe just pantry/knob with hipster)
Drink pumpkin beer when you can cast Ode
Larva with hipster.
Knob/pantry with hipster until L3
Tavern with llama/rogue for spleen
Knob/pantry with hipster or mimic or BBB or bander
Billiards with mimic (plinking the wraiths for beaucoup MP)
Bats when L4 (with clover, make badass pie)
Eat badass pie
8-bit with mimic/spleeners/whatever
Get semirare as wines
YR harem
Kill goblin king
Billiards/library/bedroom/set song?
Get 2 hell ramen before running out of turns.
Finish setting song

or similar