Creelie HCO SC 10/699

Moderator: Raccoon

Creelie
Inscrutable Pi

Creelie HCO SC 10/699

Post by Creelie » Sun May 25, 2014 11:19 am

So I was going to try the new challenge path, but the sweet siren song of the "Feels Like The First Time" bounty was too strong to resist. So here I am in Oxy! I will be banking the karma from this run.

After a 3-year hiatus, I came back to a hilariously bad AoSP run and then put myself through 4 Bad Moon runs to finish off my brimstone outfit. That was good for checking out many of the changes to the base game; now it's time for me to learn to use IOTMs. Expect this run to be full of laughable examples of what not to do.
=== PULLS ===

[1-68] Day 1 pulls [Angry Jung Man, Artistic Goth Kid, Fancypants Scarecrow, He-Boulder, No familiar, Pair of Stomping Boots, Rogue Program, Slimeling, Unconscious Collective, famid:179]
  • Clan VIP Lounge key
    hobo code binder

=== DAY 1 ===

[1-68] Day 1 turns [Angry Jung Man, Artistic Goth Kid, Fancypants Scarecrow, He-Boulder, No familiar, Pair of Stomping Boots, Rogue Program, Slimeling, Unconscious Collective, famid:179]
  • [#] (none) [No familiar]
    • [#] A Lost Room (choice from lost key) [No familiar]
    [#] [DungeonFAQ - Level 1] [No familiar]
    [1-2] Sloppy Seconds Diner [Fancypants Scarecrow, He-Boulder, Rogue Program]
    • [2] ??? (fight from photocopied monster) [He-Boulder]
      Disintegrated opponent!
      Leveled to 2!
      [#] Used handful of Smithereens [2 adventures gained] [Fancypants Scarecrow]
    [3] The Sleazy Back Alley [Fancypants Scarecrow]
    [4-9] The Outskirts of Cobb's Knob [Slimeling]
    • [5] a Knob Goblin Barbecue Team [Slimeling]
      Leveled to 3!
    [10-15] The Spooky Forest [Artistic Goth Kid, Slimeling]
    • [#] a Black Crayon Undead Thing [Artistic Goth Kid]
      Leveled to 4!
    [16-20] The Haunted Kitchen [Artistic Goth Kid]
    [21-38] The Haunted Billiards Room [Unconscious Collective, famid:179]
    • [#] Used grim fairy tale [10 adventures gained] [famid:179]
      [24] a pooltergeist [famid:179]
      Leveled to 5!
      [#] Used grim fairy tale [5 adventures gained] [famid:179]
      [#] Used 2x handful of Smithereens [3 adventures gained] [famid:179]
      [#] Used grim fairy tale [8 adventures gained] [famid:179]
    [39-42] The Misspelled Cemetary [Angry Jung Man]
    [43-44] The Cola Wars Battlefield [Angry Jung Man]
    • [44] The Real Thing [Angry Jung Man]
      Leveled to 6!
    [45-64] The Haunted Billiards Room [Angry Jung Man]
    [65-68] The Haunted Library [Angry Jung Man, Pair of Stomping Boots]
    • [67] a writing desk [Angry Jung Man]
      On the trail!
I took the astral shirt. I don't feel up to using the belt to its full potential yet. Leaving winter garden for a frost flower.

TODAY I LEARNED that the toy accordion is not available to create an interesting dilemma of whether to spend precious early meat for a sure thing versus hoping to get a stolen accordion even cheaper while sewering for clovers! You can't use the stolen accordion at all if you're not an AT!

I tried pushing ML right out of the gate and finished each fight NEARLY beaten up and scrambling desperately for MP. I had to scale it back considerably. What buffs/MP sources/combat suites do people use to survive equipping a Hand in Glove etc. right away?

All my lofty ambitions, and I forgot to actually USE my weird DNA! After this embarrassment, I decided to try and grab the cola wars hobo code, but leveled up to 6 too fast. Then forgot I could have PVP'ed to bring myself down again. :(

Got in some good turns with my Jung Man - excited to try the Fear Man's Level version of pixel farming. Also managed to collect enough spleen items for tomorrow already.

Feels weird to not have to worry about booze or food on day 1. I have no feel for the daily rhythms and milestones of Oxy. I probably should have banked in order to have more turns with a fire-starting kit and stuff tomorrow though.

Proxy is actually very helpful for reminders about the Florist Friar, although without a run plan I'm flopping about a little deciding where to plant everything. I actually had to dig up a +ML plant in the Spooky Forest. I will probably end up putting it back - even with runaways/goth fights, I'm going to be stuck in there for quite a while.
Last edited by Creelie on Tue Jun 03, 2014 3:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Draco Cracona
Gatekeeper of Hell

Re: Creelie HCO SC

Post by Draco Cracona » Mon May 26, 2014 3:31 am

What do you have in the way of Tomes? I'd recommend banking early out of day 1 in future, because my D1 tome summons are THalo, sugarshield and smiths hat. I get the Hand D2, along with dual saucepanics (as I'm sauce- you'd want a Meat Tenderizer and the items offhand, I guess).

You probably want a Fish intrinsic via DNA, for HCO, and daily potions should be mainly construct. Sweet, sweet runaways. If you're in HCO without grinding SRs in the billiard's room, expect that to suck hard. Very, very, very, very hard. I like to YR for the glove, because it's out of the way and something like a 30% drop.

WRT frost flower, I like to get one on Day 4 by harvesting day 1- that lets me get the bridge done on D4, as well as have cleats for friars/cyrpt. End the day in combat, for ex extra runaway- you may as well do that with your hipster/goth kid out, for the chance of extra free fights, but bear in mind that it won't burn Delay().

Creelie
Inscrutable Pi

Post by Creelie » Mon May 26, 2014 11:58 am

Thanks for the tips Draco!

I've got Smiths, Sugar, and Clip Art. I went with Light, Hairpiece and Hand yesterday, couldn't really use the Hand - would put it later as you suggested. About the glove you need to make it - is YRing it about locking down the number of turns/runaways you need to waste in a crappy zone? I went with YRing to make a spanglyrack, equipping the Light, buffing +item and going after the glove that way. However I'm in a place where I can't even handle all the +ML available to me, let alone all that +ML stacked on the toughest monsters I can access, so a few turns fighting Alley monsters buffed to exactly the ML I *can* handle is less of an opportunity cost for me than for someone else.

Today I got a Tutu, Tenderizer and put a sugar shield on my boots. I took your advice about the fish intrinsic. Having declared this run to be The Run of Farting Around (Re)Learning IOTM Mechanics, I killed a faxed rockfish with crayon shavings and a red ray, then forgot to use my YR on anything. Derp.

(I hope no one minds that I'm logging runs I'm not putting 100% effort into. I find the act of writing helps me think much more clearly, and I am actually learning a lot by trying everything for myself. But if the intent of this space is to log runs that are always striving to be optimal, for sure let me know!)
=== DAY 2 ===

[69-140] Day 2 turns [Angry Jung Man, Artistic Goth Kid, Gelatinous Cubeling, He-Boulder, Pair of Stomping Boots, famid:179]
  • [69] The Haunted Library [He-Boulder, famid:179]
    • [#] Used 2x Unconscious Collective Dream Jar [15 adventures gained] [famid:179]
      [#] Fire! I... have made... fire! (choice from CSA fire-starting kit) [famid:179]
      [69] a rockfish (fight from photocopied monster) [He-Boulder]
    [70-73] The Haunted Billiards Room [Angry Jung Man]
    • [73] A Shark's Chum [Angry Jung Man]
      Semirare!
    [74-77] The Outskirts of Cobb's Knob [Artistic Goth Kid]
    [78-79] The Haunted Library [Angry Jung Man]
    [80-90] The Haunted Bathroom [Angry Jung Man, Gelatinous Cubeling]
    • [87] a malevolent hair clog [Gelatinous Cubeling]
      Leveled to 7!
    [91-95] The Haunted Gallery [Gelatinous Cubeling]
    [96-102] The Haunted Bedroom [famid:179]
    • [#] Used grim fairy tale [6 adventures gained] [famid:179]
    [103] The Haunted Gallery [Pair of Stomping Boots]
    [104-105] The Haunted Ballroom [Pair of Stomping Boots]
    [106-108] The Haunted Bedroom [Pair of Stomping Boots]
    [109-113] The Daily Dungeon [Pair of Stomping Boots]
    • [#] If You Could Only See (choice from tonic djinn) [Pair of Stomping Boots]
    [114-115] The Misspelled Cemetary [Pair of Stomping Boots]
    [116-132] The Spooky Forest [Artistic Goth Kid]
    • [129] a spooky mummy [Artistic Goth Kid]
      Leveled to 8!
    [#] The Haunted Nursery [Artistic Goth Kid]
    [133-134] The Spooky Forest [Artistic Goth Kid]
    [135-140] The Enormous Greater-Than Sign [Artistic Goth Kid]
    • [#] Used 2x handful of Smithereens [3 adventures gained] [Artistic Goth Kid]
So, clearly, one of the main challenges in HCO is fitting in all the different familiar turns: using all the boot runaways, getting all the free combats and wandering copies, and somewhere in there getting a psych jar and DD drops once per run, and 3 spleen drops per day. It adds up!

I have seen other people's spreadsheets, and they gave me an inkling of their thought processes, but clearly I need to make my own. I need to create a checklist of where to spend special daily bonuses, and arrange zones and quests by the buffs/techniques that will speed them up. An interesting thing about being out of Bad Moon: I level up REALLY FREAKIN' FAST even without pumping ML as high as possible. I *can* arrange zones by helpful mechanic now, ignoring level available almost entirely.

maddsurgeon
Fie the Pie

Post by maddsurgeon » Tue May 27, 2014 8:52 am

Creelie wrote:So, clearly, one of the main challenges in HCO is fitting in all the different familiar turns: using all the boot runaways, getting all the free combats and wandering copies, and somewhere in there getting a psych jar and DD drops once per run, and 3 spleen drops per day. It adds up!
This can be a bit of a logistical hassle, yeah. As for the one-time drops, I think it's best to plan them out in the order you'll need them, so cubeling first for the DD drops, then Jung Man for the jar, then golem for the dowsing rod. Those three are all fairies, so I just tend to use them in any fairy zone, until I have all the stuff I need for later. But it can be tight, depending on RNG.

I wouldn't bother with faxing/raying a Mariachi, even in a Moxie run now that you don't need the stats. If you don't have a cheerleader this might be a different equation, but I'm finding there are enough tome summons to throw a couple shields on your biggest fairy, and the difference between that and a spanglerack is not worth both a fax and a ray, in my opinion.

And yeah, I would use a ray on the hobo for the glove. You can also run some +NC there, as one of those noncombats forces the combat, and the others are skippable.
I have seen other people's spreadsheets, and they gave me an inkling of their thought processes, but clearly I need to make my own. I need to create a checklist of where to spend special daily bonuses, and arrange zones and quests by the buffs/techniques that will speed them up. An interesting thing about being out of Bad Moon: I level up REALLY FREAKIN' FAST even without pumping ML as high as possible. I *can* arrange zones by helpful mechanic now, ignoring level available almost entirely.
Yeah, I find having everything written down really really helps the planning process, as well as making sure I don't miss anything when I'm actually playing. I had to dink around a lot to find an organization system that worked for me, but it was well worth the effort.

Good luck with the rest of your run!

Creelie
Inscrutable Pi

Post by Creelie » Tue May 27, 2014 1:15 pm

Before I got the chance to do it, I was all "why WOULDN'T you maximize item drops every way you possibly can?", but I guess the difference between a spanglyrack and a fat fairy is actually pretty marginal, especially given that so many fairies need to spend so much time out to fulfill their special functions. And yes, I do have a cheerleader. I probably will YR a glove next time.

Trotting out the one-drop-per-run fairies in order of need makes sense, thanks!
=== DAY 3 ===

[141-209] Day 3 turns [Artistic Goth Kid, Baby Bugged Bugbear, Fancypants Scarecrow, He-Boulder, Pair of Stomping Boots, Reanimated Reanimator, Slimeling, Stocking Mimic, famid:179]
  • [#] The Enormous Greater-Than Sign [Slimeling]
    [#] [DungeonFAQ - Level 1] [Slimeling, famid:179]
    • [#] Used handful of Smithereens [1 adventure gained] [famid:179]
      [#] Used oily paste [5 adventures gained] [famid:179]
      [#] Fire! I... have made... fire! (choice from CSA fire-starting kit) [famid:179]
    [141] Guano Junction [famid:179]
    [142-143] The Beanbat Chamber [Fancypants Scarecrow, He-Boulder]
    • [143] a beanbat [He-Boulder]
      Disintegrated opponent!
    [144-155] The Boss Bat's Lair [Baby Bugged Bugbear, Reanimated Reanimator, famid:179]
    • [#] Used grim fairy tale [9 adventures gained] [famid:179]
      [#] Used grim fairy tale [5 adventures gained] [famid:179]
      [150] a ninja snowman assassin (fight from photocopied monster) [Reanimated Reanimator]
      Winked at reanimator!
    [156-161] The Defiled Cranny [Baby Bugged Bugbear]
    [162-169] The Defiled Alcove [Stocking Mimic]
    [#] The Haunted Conservatory [Stocking Mimic]
    [170-171] The Defiled Alcove [Stocking Mimic]
    [172-184] The Defiled Niche [Stocking Mimic]
    • [173] a dirty old lihc [Stocking Mimic]
      On the trail!
    [185-195] The Defiled Nook [Fancypants Scarecrow, Stocking Mimic]
    • [194] a giant skeelton [Fancypants Scarecrow]
      Leveled to 9!
      [#] Used chest of the Bonerdagon [Stocking Mimic]
    [196-199] The Dark Heart of the Woods [Pair of Stomping Boots]
    [200-202] The Dark Elbow of the Woods [Pair of Stomping Boots]
    [203-206] The Dark Neck of the Woods [Artistic Goth Kid, Pair of Stomping Boots]
    [#] The Haunted Billiards Room [Artistic Goth Kid]
    [207-209] The Dark Neck of the Woods [Artistic Goth Kid]
    • [#] Used handful of Smithereens [1 adventure gained] [Artistic Goth Kid]
TODAY I LEARNED that the confusing LED clock is BAD. It doesn't just give free PVP fites, it gives them AT THE COST OF 5 ADVENTURES. F*ck you, clock.

I used my reanimator for the first time today! When I should have used my angel, because you only need 3 snowman assassins! But it was okay, because even though I used it really early it still wasn't early enough to REACH the 3rd wandering monster! Although because they are free fights it wouldn't have been that big a deal anyway. But when I'm ready for lobster frogmen I must remember to do it first thing to reach all the copies.

I put on all my best +item stuff, including spanglyrack, killed one beanbat while looking at the sonar drop rate buffed all the way to 30%, and YR'ed the next in disgust. There is nothing like doing stuff yourself to make choices that look questionable on paper make perfect sense. Not having a hobo monkey, the question at the bodyguard bats is "which of my familiars with a secondary leprechaun function is the fattest?". I have a spreadsheet page reminding me which of my little crew are also leprechauns. It was pretty fun to see 1000+ meat dropping from each bodyguard bat. I smashed my Half a Purse afterward - I won't need it again until the nuns, so I can just remake it.

I spent what felt like a lot of turns with my mimic out, trying to get a Piddles and a Polka Pops; I got the former but not the latter. I want to skip all the NC's in the Tavern to improve my chances of getting some tangles of rat tails. This is also the reason I have started spending my spare summons on stickers, hoping for dragon ones (combine with astral shirt and Piddles for simple way to skip all). If I had been more organized, I could have gotten plant/undead/demon/hobo(or skipped hobo and gotten swimming buff) DNA and done it that way. Ah well. The stickers will also be helpful at the filthworms and nuns.

I REALLY need to remember DD tomorrow! I have one token, but I need two more because I don't plan to zap anything - I'm going to go just far enough to recognize large boxes and then make a blessed one.
Last edited by Creelie on Tue May 27, 2014 10:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.

maddsurgeon
Fie the Pie

Post by maddsurgeon » Tue May 27, 2014 2:43 pm

Creelie wrote:I spent what felt like a lot of turns with my mimic out, trying to get a Piddles and a Polka Pops; I got the former but not the latter. I want to skip all the NC's in the Tavern to improve my chances of getting some tangles of rat tails. This is also the reason I have started spending my spare summons on stickers, hoping for dragon ones (combine with astral shirt and Piddles for simple way to skip all). If I had been more organized, I could have gotten plant/undead/demon/hobo(or skipped hobo and gotten swimming buff) DNA and done it that way. Ah well. The stickers will also be helpful at the filthworms and nuns.
I used to do that with sticker summons, but they're really swingy, and now that there's Smiths, even 18 summons can be used (for louder than bombs if nothing else).

In Slow & Steady I've been experimenting with using the DNA kit for the Tavern... there are enough uses in a 6-day run to just grab the +20 from each of those different mobs. Don't know how that will work out, but it seems like you have to do something with all those syringes... then again, there's some math out there that suggests running +Combat might be a better choice, depending on ML? Draco would know better than I would.

Draco Cracona
Gatekeeper of Hell

Post by Draco Cracona » Tue May 27, 2014 6:52 pm

Cheerleader+sugar shield is usually better than the spanglyrack, especially with a fish intrinsic. I use groose/grim brother/unconscious collective at the Bodyguard bats, because meat plus spleen sounds good.

As for mimic, put it off for a bit. Tavern can be done at L12 (Max value from piddles/ur-kel, even if piddles cap at 11), and it's relatively easy to get the tavern +damage in a HCO run with some perms (Stench is done with lapdog, hot can be done with Song of Sauce if you have it, else a hatter buff on top of the piddles, cold is double-ice cap and piddles, and spooky there's dirge or snarl and piddles. Dirge and Song of Sauce are low priority, though, and you don't have much better use for potions (lots of construct for 5lb was my main use of 'em).

Creelie
Inscrutable Pi

Post by Creelie » Wed May 28, 2014 12:28 am

=== DAY 4 ===

[210-282] Day 4 turns [Artistic Goth Kid, Fancypants Scarecrow, He-Boulder, Pair of Stomping Boots, Reanimated Reanimator, Stocking Mimic, famid:179]
  • [#] The Dark Neck of the Woods [Artistic Goth Kid]
    [210-214] The Daily Dungeon [famid:179]
      [#] Used grim fairy tale [10 adventures gained] [famid:179]
      [#] If You Could Only See (choice from tonic djinn) [famid:179]
    [215] The Dark Neck of the Woods [He-Boulder, Pair of Stomping Boots]
    [216-220] Cobb's Knob Harem [He-Boulder, famid:179]
    • [218] a Knob Goblin Harem Girl [He-Boulder]
      Disintegrated opponent!
    [221-223] Itznotyerzitz Mine [famid:179]
    [224-226] The Goatlet [Fancypants Scarecrow, Pair of Stomping Boots]
    • [224] a dairy goat [Fancypants Scarecrow]
      On the trail!
    [227-230] The Mist-Shrouded Icy Peak [Reanimated Reanimator, Stocking Mimic, famid:179]
    [231] [DungeonFAQ - Level 1] [Reanimated Reanimator]
    • [231] a lobsterfrogman (fight from photocopied monster) [Reanimated Reanimator]
      Winked at reanimator!
    [232-240] The Shore, Inc. Travel Agency [Reanimated Reanimator]
    [241-249] The Obligatory Pirate's Cove [Artistic Goth Kid, Pair of Stomping Boots]
    [250-253] Barrrney's Barrr [Artistic Goth Kid]
    [254-257] Pandamonium Slums [Fancypants Scarecrow, Pair of Stomping Boots]
    [258-274] Barrrney's Barrr [Artistic Goth Kid]
    [275-282] The F'c'le [Fancypants Scarecrow, Pair of Stomping Boots]
    • [#] Used handful of Smithereens [1 adventure gained] [Fancypants Scarecrow]
      [#] Used handful of Smithereens [2 adventures gained] [Fancypants Scarecrow]
I gotta get in the habit of arrowing earlier in the day! It took a bunch of farting around with smithereens to even get a chance at a 3rd LFM today, and that was a lucky break. I made an ice sculpture of it to arrow tomorrow - I want to fax a Quantum Mechanic. I finally figured out why people do that: the faxed version drops an "unlocked" large box - no need to futz around in the > turning it into the DoD and one's parentheses into boxes.

I got all excited using runaways to speed up the friars, and sped it up too much - had to go back into the slums for a couple of hot wings. Embarrassing.

Champagne poppers didn't work on the crusty and chatty pirate. Hmm.

Feels weird not to have the KGE outfit, but I haven't needed it yet. The only really tempting things from the dispensary now that I'm out of BM are nasal spray and pet-buffing spray for the nuns. I might not go get it at all. Also, that reminds me, I lost my SR window at some point. Hoping it fires while I'm in the Castle. Love that stupid inhaler.

DNA . . . I need to plan ahead for DNA. I keep forgetting to check the phyla in the zones where I'm going. I have to make it a part of the objectives for an area before I enter.

Today I learned you can use more than one snow board if you want; in fact you can use as many as you need to bridge the chasm without ever setting eyes on a smut orc. Yay!

It has been suggested that I make a bod-ice for Oil Peak and the Cellar. Sounds like a good idea - it's surprisingly "cheap" to make out of winter garden parts. What else should I dovetail in with those two zones as far as cranking ML as high as conceivably possible goes? And stickers were indeed swingy - where can I get 3 prismatic damage to replace the 3 lost when equipping the bod-ice instead of the astral shirt? Wiki's best suggestion seems to be elemental paste - I'll get a chance the next time I go into the DD, if there's a tonic water elemental I will stomp it. And take a DNA sample first - those resists will be very nice in the Peaks.

Draco Cracona
Gatekeeper of Hell

Post by Draco Cracona » Wed May 28, 2014 6:07 am

Did you use two poppers in the same zone? SHould otherwise work in the f'c'le.

KGE is good for one extra runaway per day, as well as eyedrops and pet-buffing when you need +items.

SRs aren't worth getting, in general. Fax the ones you want, or get the first one in the narrow window.

Elemental paste is handy, as is getting lucky from the VIP Klaw and getting the prismatic damage accessory.

Creelie
Inscrutable Pi

Post by Creelie » Wed May 28, 2014 1:58 pm

Draco Cracona wrote:Did you use two poppers in the same zone? SHould otherwise work in the f'c'le.
That would be why. Derp.

You make a good argument for KGE. I'll put it next on the to-fax list, as the longer I have it the more benefit I can get from it. Other things I'm planning to fax include a Quantum Mechanic, and possibly a thieving brigand, although it would be no big deal to make an ice sculpture of one too.

Creelie
Inscrutable Pi

Post by Creelie » Thu May 29, 2014 9:54 am

=== DAY 5 ===

[283-350] Day 5 turns [Artistic Goth Kid, Exotic Parrot, Fancypants Scarecrow, Pair of Stomping Boots, Reanimated Reanimator, famid:179]
  • [#] The F'c'le [Pair of Stomping Boots, Reanimated Reanimator]
    • [#] Fire! I... have made... fire! (choice from CSA fire-starting kit) [Reanimated Reanimator]
    [283] [DungeonFAQ - Level 1] [Reanimated Reanimator]
    • [283] a lobsterfrogman (fight from ice sculpture) [Reanimated Reanimator]
      Winked at reanimator!
    [284-288] The Daily Dungeon [Pair of Stomping Boots]
    [289-296] The F'c'le [Pair of Stomping Boots]
    • [#] Used pirate paste [9 adventures gained] [Pair of Stomping Boots]
      Leveled to 10!
      [#] Used pirate paste [6 adventures gained] [Pair of Stomping Boots]
    [297-307] A-Boo Peak [Exotic Parrot, Fancypants Scarecrow, Pair of Stomping Boots]
    • [301] a Knob Goblin Elite Guard Captain (fight from photocopied monster) [Pair of Stomping Boots]
    [308] Cobb's Knob Barracks [Pair of Stomping Boots]
    [309-312] Twin Peak [Pair of Stomping Boots]
    • [310] Lost in the Great Overlook Lodge (choice from rusty hedge trimmers) [Pair of Stomping Boots]
    [313-319] Oil Peak [Fancypants Scarecrow, Pair of Stomping Boots, famid:179]
    • [#] Used grim fairy tale [5 adventures gained] [famid:179]
    [320-324] Twin Peak [Pair of Stomping Boots]
    • [321] Lost in the Great Overlook Lodge (choice from rusty hedge trimmers) [Pair of Stomping Boots]
    [325-346] The Penultimate Fantasy Airship [Artistic Goth Kid, Pair of Stomping Boots]
    • [#] Used handful of Smithereens [1 adventure gained] [Artistic Goth Kid]
      [#] Used 2x handful of Smithereens [3 adventures gained] [Artistic Goth Kid]
    [347-350] The Castle in the Clouds in the Sky (Basement) [Artistic Goth Kid]
I . . . love my boots. I love the multitasking they allow. They're a fairy, so if I'm hanging around for drops they help there. They have a cheaper/less complicated runaway mechanic than the bandersnatch. AND you can farm up some buffing spleen items with them. All at the same time! Rapidly becoming one of my favorite familiars.

I'm also feeling less and less guilty about not getting all my goth fights. The encounters become less likely the more you have - in HCO especially I could spend the entire day's worth of turns with just the goth kid and not see all 7 fights.

Which reminds me - when burning delay, do you put runaways first until they're all gone because they're a sure thing, or put goth fights first because they're such good free stats, also thus saving runaways for areas without delay where you just want a particular drop and can't banish?

Glad to get all my reanimator fights though. They're free fights too, and it's just a matter of placing the wink early enough in the day, after which the encounters run on rails.

Only problem with using IOTMs to get through the airship so quickly: didn't get all the items I needed for the castle. Boo!

A-Boo Peak was fun. In Bad Moon it's one of the most difficult hurdles to clear, but as a muscle class with full access to goodies I did all three clues without even healing in between. (I used my parrot, and I had to find it with CTRL-F because my terrarium is so crowded. A Packrat is me!)

Oil Peak caps at 100, so I went ahead and did it. Had to actually go back once to get enough oil for a jar >_<

I was naughty and tried once more for a dragon sticker, and was rewarded. I'll definitely do the Tavern with DNA next time, though, to maximize my Smithsness summons.

I'm going to finish the level 10 quest well before I hit level 11 - I blame my feeble ML-pumping efforts. I want to learn to use my Nanorhino to get some gray goo stats, and I could go do Fear Man's Level. After that, I'm not sure what I want to do next. Babies quest upstairs for formula? I'd rather save HitS for flyering.

Ugggh, you know what I didn't do today? YR anything :( could have done that for an amulet/umbrella. Damn!

maddsurgeon
Fie the Pie

Post by maddsurgeon » Thu May 29, 2014 2:27 pm

Creelie wrote:Which reminds me - when burning delay, do you put runaways first until they're all gone because they're a sure thing, or put goth fights first because they're such good free stats, also thus saving runaways for areas without delay where you just want a particular drop and can't banish?
I tend to save Goth fights for areas where you can get something at the end of combat, like the Haunted Kitchen and the Desert. Boots I typically use when I don't want to finish any of the combats, like opening the Temple. That said, you have a bazillion runaways & fights in HCO, so anything that saves even a fraction of a turn is useful.

And yeah, I typically don't go past 4-5 fights, unless it's something like the Desert.

lostcalpolydude
Forum Maestro

Post by lostcalpolydude » Thu May 29, 2014 3:36 pm

Free runaways can help after delay is burned (the presence of delay has no effect on the usefulness of free runaways), but goth fights are useless then (except for stats). So as long as there is somewhere to use your free runaways, working on getting goth kid fights during delay should be better.
bmaher: Softcore character
lostcalpolydude: Hardcore character (abandoned)

Creelie
Inscrutable Pi

Post by Creelie » Thu May 29, 2014 10:32 pm

Okay, I am suddenly feeling slightly fuzzy on what we're actually talking about when we talk about delay.

The old-fashioned delay(), which is different in a way I don't understand from a floor before a superlikely, only exists in two relevant cases anymore, according to the wiki: We'll All Be Flat and the Immateria.

I'm assuming "delay" now includes any floored superlikely.

Does it include anything else?

Do free fights and runaways count as combats in the "combat vs. noncombat" queue matrix, or whatever, and so are also useful anytime you are loitering in a zone waiting for a particular noncombat?

maddsurgeon
Fie the Pie

Post by maddsurgeon » Fri May 30, 2014 5:56 am

Creelie wrote:Do free fights and runaways count as combats in the "combat vs. noncombat" queue matrix, or whatever, and so are also useful anytime you are loitering in a zone waiting for a particular noncombat?
Free fights are useful when you're looking for a superlikely (such as the modern zmobie), because the superlikely will override a free fight. So if you get a free fight, you failed the superlikely roll, so you basically get out of that situation without losing the turn. If you're looking for a normal noncombat, though (any Spooky Forest noncombat beyond the first), the free fight will override the noncombat, so it's not saving you anything, wheras a runaway allows you to reroll the failed roll that caused you to encounter a combat instead of a noncombat.

Both runaways and free fights count for scheduled adventures (which I understand to technically be superlikelies) that trigger after a certain number of turns spent into the zone (such as unlocking Cobb's Knob)

I hope that makes sense. It can be kind of confusing. This page summarizes what we know about the different "Superlikely" adventures.

Draco Cracona
Gatekeeper of Hell

Post by Draco Cracona » Fri May 30, 2014 9:38 am

Creelie wrote:Okay, I am suddenly feeling slightly fuzzy on what we're actually talking about when we talk about delay.

The old-fashioned delay(), which is different in a way I don't understand from a floor before a superlikely, only exists in two relevant cases anymore, according to the wiki: We'll All Be Flat and the Immateria.

I'm assuming "delay" now includes any floored superlikely.

Does it include anything else?

Do free fights and runaways count as combats in the "combat vs. noncombat" queue matrix, or whatever, and so are also useful anytime you are loitering in a zone waiting for a particular noncombat?
There's also the spooky forest with delay() on the first NC you'll see. If there's delay() or a superlikely you#re after, burn hipster/goth kid first.

Also, the only discernable difference I can tell between a floored superlikely and a delay()ed one is that free runs over rollover do not count for delay(), whereas I have no clue what they do with floored ones- I usually use 'em like a runaway, hunting for a NC/superlikely that I could get. Preferab;y with a hipster, because free fight chance.

lostcalpolydude
Forum Maestro

Post by lostcalpolydude » Fri May 30, 2014 10:17 am

There is no difference between a floor and delay(), the latter was used because it was a random floor.

Creelie
Inscrutable Pi

Post by Creelie » Fri May 30, 2014 11:47 am

Okay, thanks! That makes things a lot clearer. So I want free fights if I'm waiting on a superlikely, and runaways if I'm waiting on a standard noncombat.
=== DAY 6 ===

[351-427] Day 6 turns [Artistic Goth Kid, Baby Bugged Bugbear, Fancypants Scarecrow, Pair of Stomping Boots, Reassembled Blackbird, famid:179]
  • [351] The Castle in the Clouds in the Sky (Basement) [famid:179]
    • [#] Used oily paste [8 adventures gained] [famid:179]
    [352-361] The Castle in the Clouds in the Sky (Ground Floor) [Artistic Goth Kid, Fancypants Scarecrow]
    [362-392] The Castle in the Clouds in the Sky (Top Floor) [Baby Bugged Bugbear, Pair of Stomping Boots, famid:179]
    • [#] Used grim fairy tale [7 adventures gained] [famid:179]
      [#] Used grim fairy tale [10 adventures gained] [famid:179]
      [#] Fire! I... have made... fire! (choice from CSA fire-starting kit) [Baby Bugged Bugbear]
      [389] a Goth Giant [Baby Bugged Bugbear]
      Leveled to 11!
    [#] [DungeonFAQ - Level 1] [Baby Bugged Bugbear]
    [393-401] The Typical Tavern Cellar [Baby Bugged Bugbear]
    • [#] A Lost Room (choice from lost key) [Baby Bugged Bugbear]
      [#] Used 3x twinkly wad [3 adventures gained] [Baby Bugged Bugbear]
    [402-415] The Black Forest [Artistic Goth Kid, Fancypants Scarecrow, Reassembled Blackbird]
    • [407] a Quantum Mechanic (fight from photocopied monster) [Fancypants Scarecrow]
    [416-424] The Shore, Inc. Travel Agency [Reassembled Blackbird]
    [425-427] The Haunted Ballroom [Artistic Goth Kid]
famid:179 is the Grim Brother; Proxy doesn't know him yet. Looking forward to when it tracks his spleen drops like the Collective's.

The giants give pretty good stats! I hit level 11, unlocking the max damage from Piddles, and got so excited to do rat kings that I forgot to make a bod-ice. It went fine anyway; I got the faucet and kept going until the Piddles buff wore off. 5 tangles - not bad! Tomb rat kings only have a 20% drop rate on the 3 ratchets, so I'll have to get a little fancy. Handsome Devils, divine crackers, florist and pool buffs, whatever I can bring to the table.

I really shouldn't play right after rollover. I'm all worn out from putting my kid to sleep and I make dumb mistakes. Like not YR'ing anything AGAIN, AND not arrowing anything! I did remember to get a fax: quantum mechanic. The full suite of !potions is ready to go. I'm guessing in drinking paths, people leave 3 drunkenness empty on the day they're headed into the lair, and just use all the potions on themselves, huh?

Tomorrow I'm thinking I might fax and arrow a penguin, for DNA and free fights. OR, I could fax and arrow a tomb rat! Might be hard to keep +item maxed out though :/ In fact, should I do the pyramid in line with the orchard? I'm going as a frat though, and I was thinking I should flyer Ed as part of the arena subquest before doing any Battlefield turns. Argh! Decisions!

Creelie
Inscrutable Pi

Post by Creelie » Sat May 31, 2014 2:06 pm

So, I was wrong about faxed/arrowed monsters being free. I don't know why I thought that. They're only free if they would be free without being copied. That makes a strong case for black crayon faxes in future HCO runs.

I can't post today's log because I used my first-ever rollover runaway! . . . to correct for clicking on Office when I meant to click on Apartment.

I used up all my runaways today, getting through the Manor and 3/4 of the City parts of the MacGuffin quest. I olfacted quite a few creatures in the Manor cellar and then got their drops on the 2nd or even 1st encounter (I pushed ML and +item). Waste of SGEEAs. Wish I had olfacted more in the City.

Once again I couldn't think of anything to YR. Nor have I managed to practice with my Rhino yet. But I finally have a Polka Pops!

A neat thing I figured out myself: the machete/liana fights still count for familiar drops! Got spleen filler for the next 2 days. Forgot to use my energy drinks though :( They're a 3 day supply since I didn't get Steel. Somehow I doubt I'll be done in 2 days, so whatever.

I should have planned a second frost flower, just for the hell of it.

Since I have all the spleen I need for tomorrow, I'm considering banking until the next day to make better use of 1 or more winter garden gear items. It's really just the bod-ice and the snow belt though - ice nine isn't bad but I would only use it at the nuns. Ehhhh. It would have been worth it earlier, but I don't think there's enough of a point to it now.

EDIT: I posted this and then remembered I hadn't done my summons for the day! That's worth more to me than a single turn at this point. So have a log:
=== DAY 7 ===

[428-499] Day 7 turns [Artistic Goth Kid, Exotic Parrot, Fancypants Scarecrow, Pair of Stomping Boots, Reanimated Reanimator, Stocking Mimic, Unconscious Collective, famid:179]
  • [#] The Haunted Ballroom [Artistic Goth Kid, Reanimated Reanimator]
    • [#] Fire! I... have made... fire! (choice from CSA fire-starting kit) [Reanimated Reanimator]
    [428] [DungeonFAQ - Level 1] [Reanimated Reanimator]
    • [428] an Undercover Penguin (fight from photocopied monster) [Reanimated Reanimator]
      Winked at reanimator!
    [429-430] The Haunted Ballroom [Artistic Goth Kid]
    [431-432] The Haunted Wine Cellar [Pair of Stomping Boots]
    • [432] a possessed wine rack [Pair of Stomping Boots]
      On the trail!
    [433-434] The Haunted Laundry Room [Pair of Stomping Boots]
    • [433] the cabinet of Dr. Limpieza [Pair of Stomping Boots]
      On the trail!
    [435-436] The Haunted Boiler Room [Exotic Parrot, Pair of Stomping Boots]
    • [435] a monstrous boiler [Pair of Stomping Boots]
      On the trail!
    [437-442] The Hidden Temple [Pair of Stomping Boots]
    [443-449] The Hidden Park [Pair of Stomping Boots]
    • [#] Used oily paste [6 adventures gained] [Pair of Stomping Boots]
      [#] Used beastly paste [5 adventures gained] [Pair of Stomping Boots]
    [450] An Overgrown Shrine (Northwest) [famid:179]
    [451] An Overgrown Shrine (Southwest) [Unconscious Collective, famid:179]
    [452] An Overgrown Shrine (Northeast) [Stocking Mimic]
    [453] An Overgrown Shrine (Southeast) [Stocking Mimic]
    [454-459] The Hidden Hospital [Fancypants Scarecrow, Pair of Stomping Boots, Stocking Mimic]
    [460-461] The Hidden Park [Fancypants Scarecrow]
    [462-465] The Hidden Bowling Alley [Fancypants Scarecrow]
    [#] The Haunted Wine Cellar [Fancypants Scarecrow]
    [466-477] The Hidden Bowling Alley [Fancypants Scarecrow]
    [478-480] The Hidden Hospital [Stocking Mimic]
    • [478] a pygmy witch surgeon [Stocking Mimic]
      On the trail!
    [481-499] The Hidden Office Building [Artistic Goth Kid, Stocking Mimic]
    • [#] Used 3x twinkly wad [3 adventures gained] [Artistic Goth Kid]

Creelie
Inscrutable Pi

Post by Creelie » Sun Jun 01, 2014 11:49 am

=== DAY 8 ===

[500-583] Day 8 turns [Artistic Goth Kid, Fancypants Scarecrow, He-Boulder, Nanorhino, Pair of Stomping Boots, Rogue Program, Stocking Mimic]
  • [#] The Hidden Office Building [Artistic Goth Kid]
    • [#] Fire! I... have made... fire! (choice from CSA fire-starting kit) [Artistic Goth Kid]
      [#] Used astral energy drink [29 adventures gained] [Artistic Goth Kid]
      [#] Used grim fairy tale [5 adventures gained] [Artistic Goth Kid]
      [#] Used 3x twinkly wad [3 adventures gained] [Artistic Goth Kid]
    [500-502] The Hidden Apartment Building [Pair of Stomping Boots]
    [#] The Haunted Boiler Room [Stocking Mimic]
    [503-507] The Hidden Apartment Building [Nanorhino, Pair of Stomping Boots, Rogue Program, Stocking Mimic]
    [#] An Overgrown Shrine (Northwest) [Stocking Mimic]
    [#] An Overgrown Shrine (Southwest) [Stocking Mimic]
    [#] An Overgrown Shrine (Northeast) [Stocking Mimic]
    [#] An Overgrown Shrine (Southeast) [Stocking Mimic]
    [508] A Massive Ziggurat [Stocking Mimic]
    [509-511] The Poop Deck [Stocking Mimic]
    [512-522] Belowdecks [Fancypants Scarecrow, Stocking Mimic]
    • [517] a groovy pirate [Stocking Mimic]
      Leveled to 12!
    [523-539] Inside the Palindome [Artistic Goth Kid, Stocking Mimic]
    [540] The Haunted Laboratory [Stocking Mimic]
    [541] Inside the Palindome [Stocking Mimic]
    • [#] ??? (complicated turn) [Stocking Mimic]
      Beaten up.
    [542-549] Whitey's Grove [Fancypants Scarecrow]
    [550-556] Fear Man's Level [Fancypants Scarecrow]
    [557-560] The Hippy Camp [Fancypants Scarecrow]
    [561-563] The Orcish Frat House [Fancypants Scarecrow, He-Boulder]
    • [563] One Less Room Than In That Movie (fought a Frat Warrior drill sergeant) [He-Boulder]
      Disintegrated opponent!
    [564-571] The Hippy Camp [Fancypants Scarecrow, Stocking Mimic]
    [572] Next to that Barrel with Something Burning in it [Pair of Stomping Boots]
    [573-574] Over Where the Old Tires Are [Pair of Stomping Boots]
    [575-576] Near an Abandoned Refrigerator [Pair of Stomping Boots]
    [577-578] Out by that Rusted-Out Car [Pair of Stomping Boots]
    [579-583] The Arid, Extra-Dry Desert [Artistic Goth Kid]
Aw yeah, gimme dat sweet sweet energy drink turngen :D

So, I hit level 12 well before finishing the MacGuffin quest. Not used to THAT. I decided to switch over to war in order to flyer MacGuffin quest monsters. Stopped off by the Junkyard first though to use up my last runaway, but I only had one chance to use it and I killed the gremlin instead - thanks, muscle memory >_< Another wanted gremlin was plinked to death by the boots without ever showing whether it had its molybdenum piece. Other that that, a pleasant, swift Junkyard. It was very satisfying to turn in all 5 barrels of gunpowder without ever setting foot on the Beach.

I also spaced things this way to maximize goth fights in the desert tomorrow. Time to flyer away! If the desert doesn't do the trick I'll also flyer the HitS.

Should I take off my Hand in Glove for fear of hitting 14 before killing the NS? It suddenly seems like a possibility. But the smithsness points! :( Also I'm still flyering.

Once the pyramid is opened up, I have some decisions to make. Do I do the nuns trick (I do have both outfits) first, and then carry the remaining Frosty turns into the pyramid to help with tomb ratchets, since they can't be YR'ed? The other option is to do nuns, waste some Frosty turns on the battlefield, and then carry them into the Orchard, but that doesn't seem as smart to me. BUT having done 4 sidequests I'll be at 16 frats per fight - it would take all of 4 fights to open the Orchard.

Even with a chaos butterfly, is it worth doing the dooks? I'm thinking not. At 5 quests completed, from 458 to 999 is 17 turns. Doing dooks would cut that down to 9, but the quest itself costs a lot more than 8 turns - more like 20-30. So, no dooks.

I doubt I'll ascend tomorrow, but it's worth thinking about strategy now. Specifically, am I capable of towerkilling? I have access to:

-Saucegeyser
-tobiko marble soda
-sugar chapeau
-plenty of reagents
-finger cuffs
-black crayon shavings. These do not reduce HP, only attack/defense apparently. So they make monsters safer but no less hefty.
-spanglyrack
-slime stacks; I would have to put in some Slimeling turns to get these made. About how many would I need per monster?
-smiths, stickers, party favors, love songs, winter garden, clip art . . .
-I *could* get some double-ice tomorrow and the next day. I've been taking hot showers since I want all the Amazing Ideas.

I do NOT have Curse of Marinara or any Hobopolis or Dread skills. I do NOT have a telescope so I don't know how many annoying monsters are waiting for me in the tower. I don't have a lime so I can't equalize base stats to muscle.

Creelie
Inscrutable Pi

Post by Creelie » Mon Jun 02, 2014 1:01 am

=== DAY 9 ===

[584-674] Day 9 turns [Artistic Goth Kid, Fancypants Scarecrow, Pair of Stomping Boots, Reanimated Reanimator, Slimeling, Steam-Powered Cheerleader, famid:179]
  • [#] The Arid, Extra-Dry Desert [Artistic Goth Kid]
    • [#] Fire! I... have made... fire! (choice from CSA fire-starting kit) [Artistic Goth Kid]
      [#] ??? (choice from GameInformPowerDailyPro walkthru) [Artistic Goth Kid]
    [#] [DungeonFAQ - Level 1] [Artistic Goth Kid]
    • [#] Used astral energy drink [33 adventures gained] [Artistic Goth Kid]
      [#] Used Unconscious Collective Dream Jar [6 adventures gained] [Artistic Goth Kid]
    [584-588] The Arid, Extra-Dry Desert [Artistic Goth Kid]
    [589-591] The Oasis [Artistic Goth Kid, Pair of Stomping Boots]
    [592-594] The Arid, Extra-Dry Desert [Artistic Goth Kid]
    [595] The Oasis [Artistic Goth Kid]
    [596] The Arid, Extra-Dry Desert [Artistic Goth Kid]
    [597-611] The Hole in the Sky [Reanimated Reanimator, Slimeling, famid:179]
    • [601] The Astronomer (fight from photocopied monster) [Reanimated Reanimator]
      Winked at reanimator!
    [612-621] The Themthar Hills [famid:179]
    • [621] a dirty thieving brigand (fight from ice sculpture) [famid:179]
    [622-627] The Battlefield (Frat Uniform) [Slimeling]
    [628] The Hatching Chamber [Fancypants Scarecrow]
    [629] The Feeding Chamber [Steam-Powered Cheerleader]
    [630] The Royal Guard Chamber [Steam-Powered Cheerleader]
    [631] The Filthworm Queen's Chamber [Slimeling]
    [632-647] The Upper Chamber [Slimeling, Steam-Powered Cheerleader]
    • [634] a tomb rat king (initially a tomb rat) [Steam-Powered Cheerleader]
      [635] a tomb rat king (initially a tomb rat) [Steam-Powered Cheerleader]
      [636] a tomb rat king (initially a tomb rat) [Steam-Powered Cheerleader]
    [648-674] The Battlefield (Frat Uniform) [Slimeling]
    • [666] a War Hippy Windtalker [Slimeling]
      Leveled to 13!
      [#] Used 3x twinkly wad [3 adventures gained] [Slimeling]
So, it was silly of me to worry about hitting level 14 before the NS. My feel for how fast I level is way off, between coming off BM and the new ML/stat changes.

Got 10 slime stacks, still a chance left to get a few more. I suspect they will have a major effect on the success of my attempts to towerkill. I'm going to start up the tower with my boots, and only buff up and start my attempts once I've met the first monster I don't want to go get the item for.

Did the nuns trick! The RNG swing on the meat drops is pretty nerve-wracking, eh? I was holding my breath as I fought the last one (via ice sculpture).

Broke out my cheerleader for the first time. Turns out I had so much +fam weight in my Sunday-best buff suite that she was indeed the better bet. Was prepared to YR glands but at 494% item drop they had over 60% drop rate; I only needed to be a bit lucky. Ratchets also dropped obediently from the kings at that buff level; I only used 3 tangles after forgetting to use one on the first rat and not needing one for the last rat.

Does using a ratchet consume a turn? The count in the upper chamber seems off if not.

Sugar shield remains really damn useful. I'm considering taking an astral pet sweater instead of a shirt or belt next run. Free up a bunch of summons. Less important in HCO, but still. Also I haven't power levelled a single turn this entire run; I'm not convinced an astral belt is all that necessary. The free fights and such are of course less generous outside of HCO, but I wasn't even using all the non-belt +ML otherwise available to me.

Barring disaster, I should ascend tomorrow!

ungawa
AFH

Post by ungawa » Mon Jun 02, 2014 11:32 am

Ratchets don't use a turn. Getting the coin, buying the bomb, and using the bomb take a turn each. Did you already beat Ed? If so, maybe the 10 turns to set up and beat Ed somehow got attributed to the upper chamber?

Creelie
Inscrutable Pi

Post by Creelie » Mon Jun 02, 2014 3:12 pm

ungawa wrote:Ratchets don't use a turn. Getting the coin, buying the bomb, and using the bomb take a turn each. Did you already beat Ed? If so, maybe the 10 turns to set up and beat Ed somehow got attributed to the upper chamber?
Yes, I did. That makes sense, thanks! You would think the Lower Chamber would be tracked as its own zone. Weird.

lostcalpolydude
Forum Maestro

Post by lostcalpolydude » Mon Jun 02, 2014 4:33 pm

Creelie wrote:You would think the Lower Chamber would be tracked as its own zone. Weird.
KoL doesn't update the zone in the charpane when you adventure there.

Creelie
Inscrutable Pi

Re: Creelie HCO SC 10/699

Post by Creelie » Tue Jun 03, 2014 4:13 pm

=== DAY 10 ===

[675-699] Day 10 turns [Fancypants Scarecrow, Pair of Stomping Boots, Slimeling, Star Starfish]
  • [675-680] The Battlefield (Frat Uniform) [Slimeling]
    • [#] Used astral energy drink [31 adventures gained] [Slimeling]
    [681-682] South of the Border [Pair of Stomping Boots, Star Starfish]
    [#] [DungeonFAQ - Level 1] [Star Starfish]
    [#] The Sorceress' Cavern [Pair of Stomping Boots]
    [683] The Hidden Park [Pair of Stomping Boots]
    • [683] a pygmy assault squad [Pair of Stomping Boots]
      Disintegrated opponent!
    [684-690] The Sorceress' Courtyard [Slimeling]
    [691-695] The Sorceress' Tower [Fancypants Scarecrow, Pair of Stomping Boots]
    • [#] Used cold wad [1 adventure gained] [Fancypants Scarecrow]
      [#] Used hot wad [1 adventure gained] [Fancypants Scarecrow]
      [#] Used sleaze wad [1 adventure gained] [Fancypants Scarecrow]
      [#] Used spooky wad [1 adventure gained] [Fancypants Scarecrow]
      [#] Used stench wad [1 adventure gained] [Fancypants Scarecrow]
      [#] Used twinkly wad [1 adventure gained] [Fancypants Scarecrow]
    [#] The Shore, Inc. Travel Agency [Fancypants Scarecrow]
    [#] The Sorceress' Tower [Pair of Stomping Boots]
    [#] The Shore, Inc. Travel Agency [Pair of Stomping Boots]
    [696] The Sorceress' Tower [Fancypants Scarecrow]
    [697] The Sorceress' Chamber [Fancypants Scarecrow]
    [698] The Castle in the Clouds in the Sky (Basement) [Fancypants Scarecrow]
    [699] The Sorceress' Chamber [Fancypants Scarecrow]
    • [699] The Naughty Sorceress (3) (initially The Naughty Sorceress) [Fancypants Scarecrow]
Hi-keeba! :D :D :D

So, towerkilling was exciting, and needed many summons and drops, and if I had needed to kill all 6 monsters I would not have had enough slime stacks. But it was totally doable even without Curse of Marinara! I made profligate use of runaways and even pasted a Golden Light to multi-task while getting a drum (I . . . may have actually had a drum earlier and pulverized it or fed it to my slimeling. That is a possibility.)

My clannies are all over me to go for a telescope sooner than I'd planned, in spite of my newly-discovered towerkilling prowess. I was all "nooo my spreadsheets!", but they make a convincing case. I don't think I'll go down first time as a Seal Clubber though - that could get expensive. I'm thinking I may ascend as a BIG! Sauceror, for cheaper potions, the afore-mentioned Curse of Marinara, and maybe even cooking enough potions to last another 6 dives. Slow and Steady isn't going anywhere.

It was a ton of fun getting to try out all my toys, old and new. And now I have a benchmark for turncount (and, in oxy, daycount) to plan around, and to try and beat.

I hope you enjoyed reading my log! I find the day-by-day format to be enjoyable and useful, so stay tuned for a new run in a day or two!