Em's HC ED 3/695 Blender (23 starting points) First log ever

Moderator: Raccoon

emc2
Pie of the Sky

Em's HC ED 3/695 Blender (23 starting points) First log ever

Post by emc2 » Sat Apr 04, 2015 4:37 pm

Just a brief intro: I'm brand new to Level 1/Fresh Face AFHk, and this is my 11th run ever as well as my very first log posted or parsed. I'm looking for anything helpful in terms of making a better log (especially how to get the notes I make in session logs to show up in the parsed log?) and certainly making a better run.

I am collecting Bounties, but I only did one per day in this run. I haven't unlocked much of the astral gear, including the belt, so that's my first goal now that this run is complete.

Questions and notes and probably some cursing that I missed cutting out are in the log itself. I've tried to include goals, but often I'm unsure of what they need to be. So really any comments, critique or notes are going to help me!

My overall goals for this run were:
  • 1) to do a Bounty per day no matter what (completed)
    2) 3 days/fewer turns than my last run (not achieved.)
Overall, I do know of some spots that could improve, and I've noted my glaring mistakes that I am aware of. If there are ones I am not aware of, advice greatly appreciated!
I got lucky with RNG in some places, and not so lucky in others.

Things that seem relevant for this run that I have are:
  • EdPiece
    Chateau
    VIP key
    Lovebugs
I've not used the snapshot maker, and it's probably not relevant for this Ed run. I will do before my next log. Meanwhile, here are my skills:
Non-Ed-Relevant Permanent Skills

The Ode to Booze (HP)
Advanced Cocktailcrafting (HP)
Pastamastery (HP)
Advanced Saucecrafting (HP)
Superhuman Cocktailcrafting (HP)
Thief Among the Honorable (HP)
The Sonata of Sneakiness (P)
Amphibian Sympathy (HP)
Powers of Observatiogn (P)
Leash of Linguini (HP)
Torso Awaregness (HP)
Mad Looting Skillz (HP)
Overdeveloped Sense of Self Preservation (HP)
Gnefarious Pickpocketing (P)
Smooth Movement (P)
The Magical Mojomuscular Melody (P)
The Moxious Madrigal (P)
Fat Leon's Phat Loot Lyric (P)
Summon Stickers (HP)
Summon Sugar Sheets (HP)
Summon Clip Art (HP)
Summon Resolutions (HP)
Day One:
NEW Ed Hardcore Actually Ed the Undying ASCENSION STARTED 20150402
------------------------------

This log was created by the Ascension Log Visualizer 3.7.4.2.
The basic idea and the format of this parser have been borrowed from the AFH MafiaLog Parser by VladimirPootin and QuantumNightmare.

Code: Select all

===Day 1===

[0] Ascension Start [0,0,0]
     -> Turn [0] none
     @> Learned: Prayer of Seshat; Fist of the Mummy; Wisdom of Thoth; Power of Heka; Hide of Sobek (Turn 0)
     @> Learned: Blessing of Serqet; Shelter of Shed; Bounty of Renenutet; Howl of the Jackal; Roar of the Lion (Turn 0)
     @> Learned: Storm of the Scarab; Purr of the Feline; Lash of the Cobra; Wrath of Ra; Curse of the Marshmallow (Turn 0)
     @> Learned: Curse of Indecision; Curse of Yuck; Curse of Heredity; Curse of Fortune; Curse of Vacation (Turn 0)
     @> Learned: Curse of Stench (Turn 0)
Note: This is my very first ascension without extra n00b clovers, so it should be interesting. Took astral mask for the item help & booze b/c I'm going to try to use DinseyLandFill for food if possible, also hotdogs. Already thinking that next run I will be doing TT then SC (maybe softcore if I can figure it out) so I can get the belt already!

[1] Rest in your bed in the Chateau [0,11,0]
     +> [1] Got anticheese, ten-leaf clover
     => Level 2 (Turn 1)! (0/6/0)
[1-7] The Shore, Inc. Travel Agency [0,92,0]
     +> [1] Got Shore Inc. Ship Trip Scrip
     +> [4] Got Shore Inc. Ship Trip Scrip
     +> [7] Got Shore Inc. Ship Trip Scrip
     => Level 3 (Turn 4)! (0/8/0)
[10-11] The Degrassi Knoll Garage [1,7,2] (Ka: 2)
     +> [10] Got tires
     -> Turn [10] Priest
> note: Well, now I have sweet rims for those upcoming softcore runs I plan on trying.
> note: Because I am determined not to be in a foul mood 11 adventures in. At least I got me a lovely screwdriver.

[12-22] Barf Mountain [58,182,70] (Ka: 21)
     *> [19] Started hunting garbage tourist
     => Level 4 (Turn 17)! (5/13/4)
> note: OK, so I took a quest hoping for a few extra Funds, but the quest is not for a run where I need drops & the Ka <-- learning experience, and I should've started hunting the garbage mob, so I'll go back & do just that.

> note: Forgot about the free MCD until turn 21, and also it's taking more than one shot to kill these dudes, so hmm. This was the wrong quest to accept. Maybe I leave & deal w/ the quest in aftercore & the funds for tomorrow?

[23] Rest in your bed in the Chateau [0,66,0]
[23-24] Barf Mountain [15,41,10] (Ka: 5)
> note: OK, got two bags of trash. Since I expect with the drop rate that these bags of trash will be used upon trading them in pretty soon, I'm hanging onto a second. That seems like enough for today & tomorrow. I won't get the quest funds, but I'm not spending 40 turns giving snacks out w/ no stat or drop benefit. Bought myself some +ML juice (1 Dinsey face paint) and one food, and here's the note from me looking at food via mafia's eating tab:

> note: OH FUCK! The "epic" food isn't epic in any way except the meat bonus. I'll hold mine for the nuns, but I'm beginning to wish I'd brought astral hot dogs instead. WHY OH WHY do I listen to other people instead of checking things for myself?
> note: Apparently epic in Dinseylandfill just means +meat, not + advs... Oh, well why should it be any different from the real DisneyWorld? Silly me.

So I realized the food sucks since I only checked the pretty purple "epic" color. The turns are not epic in any way. So I'll figure out food...when I need it. <-- Another learning experience - DO NOT TRUST WHAT I HEAR, even from myself.

[25-29] The Outskirts of Cobb's Knob [9,47,7] (Ka: 10)
     => Level 5 (Turn 27)! (8/20/8)
[30] Hippy Camp [6,18,6] (Ka: 3)
     +> [30] Got filthy knitted dread sack
> Note: Around this point, I started having real trouble dying with only the ML from Edpiece & mcd, and I was worried about running out of turns or getting a non-com when I needed to stuff my spleen or eat, so I went in search of death. It was harder than expected, then MUCH too easy - I got killed AFTER a battle & ended up using a turn to heal after visiting the Gators & getting splashed w/ the whatever post-battle. Turn 32 is me visiting the underworld, and I'm not sure why it doesn't show up below, but turn 31 ended like this:

Round 5: emc2 wins the fight!

You lose 160 hit points

You gain 9 Beefiness
You gain 25 Wizardliness
You gain a Mysticality point!
You gain 10 Roguishness
You gain a Moxie point!
> Note: Anyway, back to the rundown:

[31] Uncle Gator's Country Fun-Time Liquid Waste Sluice [9,25,10]
     @> Learned: Extra Spleen (Turn 31)
[33-38] The Outskirts of Cobb's Knob [9,43,10] (Ka: 8)
     +> [38] Got Knob Goblin encryption key
     o> Used 2 mummified beef haunch (49 adventures gained) [16,17,19]
[39-47] The Spooky Forest [27,104,34] (Ka: 10)
     +> [46] Got tree-holed coin
     +> [47] Got mosquito larva
     *> [40] Started hunting wolfman
[48] Rest in your bed in the Chateau [0,77,0]
[48-52] The Spooky Forest [15,24,7] (Ka: 3)
     +> [48] Got Spooky-Gro fertilizer
     +> [51] Got Spooky Temple map
     +> [52] Got spooky sapling
> note: So, you may wonder what this next bit is about. I do, but this was my line of thinking according to my notes while I was questing: "> note: OK, temple UP and ready for level 11, but I just rebuffed noncoms, and I don't know if I can survive the pirates without any legs... Maybe I'll stop bye for a steel wool & the nostril to wear off my noncombats"

I did wear off the noncoms, but I didn't get any steel wool or anything at all of use. So, wasted turns even _I_ know of are all over this log.

[53] The Hidden Temple [13,21,5]
[54] Chateau Painting [10,27,7]
     +> [54] Got asbestos ore, asbestos ore, chrome ore, chrome ore
     +> [54] Got linoleum ore, linoleum ore
     }> [54] Disintegrated mountain man
[55-56] The Hidden Temple [18,43,13]
> note: I'm already all over the place. That was a waste of time in the temple, and I don't have a hippy outfit yet, but I do have 2 of each ore, so that's good. Otherwise, I need a stomach and liver and more spleen and 1 pr of legs ASAP.

[57-59] Hippy Camp [20,65,14] (Ka: 9)
     @> Learned: Replacement Liver (Turn 59)
     => Level 6 (Turn 58)! (14/29/13)
> note: Now I'm just sitting looking at Guano Junction, and I have been for about 5 minutes. I am going to need at least one clover for my last ore, another tomorrow/day after for A-Boos clues, and probably some for stats, so I need to decide whether using one of my two clovers is OK...I'm thinking yes.

Use 1 disassembled clover
You acquire an item: ten-leaf clover

[60-61] Guano Junction [5,14,9] (Ka: 2)
     +> [60] Got sonar-in-a-biscuit, ten-leaf clover
     +> [61] Got sonar-in-a-biscuit, sonar-in-a-biscuit
[62-67] The Boss Bat's Lair [44,102,35] (Ka: 11)
     +> [67] Got Boss Bat britches, batskin belt
     o> Drank 1 Sockdollager (13 adventures gained) [0,0,0]
[code]

> note: Question: When I get astral pilsners and start drinking for the day, even if I'm a low level, should I start w/ a pilsner so I get the extra advs, or maybe it doesn't matter and just *seems* impressive w/ the pilsners -- note to self: check the log.

So - I _think_ I figured this one out. It doesn't matter & just seems impressive when drinking a 1-pt drink. I really would've rather waited to drink the pilsners, and perhaps I should've, but I use the speak-easy drinks for questy stuff, so I thought it may not kill me to throw them in here. Need to do the numbers for myself, or cheat off of someone else, to find out how much I'm losing drinking at level 8 in Ed, rather than waiting for level 11, as I've figured would be most helpful in at least a regular run. The smaller liver and stomach really do throw me off.

[68] Rest in your bed in the Chateau [0,67,0]
[68-70] Tavern Cellar [17,62,12] (Ka: 6)
+> [69] Got handsomeness potion
+> [70] Got tangle of rat tails
[71-73] Cobb's Knob Barracks [20,57,19] (Ka: 4)
+> [71] Got Knob Goblin elite helm
#> [73] Semirare: Knob Goblin Elite Guard Captain
+> [73] Got Knob Goblin elite pants, Knob Goblin elite polearm
b> [72] Banished swarm of Knob lice {curse of vacation (??? turns )}
[74-76] Tavern Cellar [5,22,3] (Ka: 2)
+> [76] Got Typical Tavern swill x 3
[/code]

> note: Yet more questions: 1) How important is boosting ML in the tavern cellar during Ed runs, given we don't REALLY need the tangles (but the stats are nice, and I've been insta-selling them in the mall so I can eventually afford some good stuff beyond my new chateau) and I OK, so I bowed to a bit more ML w/ handsomeness potion, but I am holding fast to the Disney potion for right now, though I dunno why actually, since I won't be buying any more food or drink - holding the one I have (+meat) for the nuns.

2) Level 2 Tavern: Across the top the down the left side? That's what I'm doing so I hope it's not too off.

I decided I won't use my special Disney ML potion here - saving it for places like the crypt & peaks.

cast 1 Shelter of Shed
> note: So I have "heard" in /hc that this is right for the tavern: Drinking the prismatic damage drink, buffing noncoms and ML. Is it? It sure has been fewer turns in the tavern since I started doing this. Anything else to speed it up?

I'm taking my priest to the tavern & everywhere just b/c I still need more consumption parts as well as things to put in them.

More thoughts & questions directly from my log and written while questing:

> note: OK, this is where my sad skillset hits first usually: I lack +item skills, so I usually get the Baron's monocle. I'm not going to go for it this time, and I do hope I don't regret that. If I do, I suppose I could come back.

> note: Time to go see if I can get a hippy pants to fall & then on to the pirates.

> note: Except for the REALLY big fact that I don't have legs or more than 2 spleen yet.

[77-81] Hippy Camp [30,86,26] (Ka: 15)
     +> [81] Got talisman of Renenutet, talisman of Renenutet
     o> Ate 1 sleeping dog (9 adventures gained) [0,0,0]
     @> Learned: Replacement Stomach; Another Extra Spleen (Turn 81)
[82-87] The Degrassi Knoll Restroom [21,63,14] (Ka: 10)
     b> [87] Banished Guard Bugbear {curse of vacation (??? turns )}
[88] Rest in your bed in the Chateau [0,99,0]
     *> [88] Started hunting Gnollish Plungermaster
> note: Um, so this is me using Ed's olfactory power to do my BHH Hunting in run (as well as cheating a bit for Ka), since I really want to be able to sniff ALL of the time. I think before I sniff my way through any more Ed runs, though, I've got to unlock the astral belt w/ two muscle class runs. I'm dreading them, but I shall do them for the ML.

[88-90] The Degrassi Knoll Restroom [25,45,11] (Ka: 6)
     +> [90] Got talisman of Renenutet
[91] Rest in your bed in the Chateau [0,72,0]
[91-101] The Degrassi Knoll Restroom [76,165,54] (Ka: 22)
     +> [101] Got filthy lucre
     o> Used 1 mummified beef haunch (24 adventures gained) [6,8,10]
     @> Learned: Upgraded Legs (Turn 95)
     => Level 7 (Turn 93)! (20/40/18)
> note: So that's the only bounty I'll be able to do today. I picked up the raver giants for tomorrow anyway just in case it's the best of all choices, and if I finish it tomorrow, I can still have another one if another one is doable. This feels awful, but there's a part of me that doesn't want to spend 100 turns every day lucre-farming. I suppose I should just stay in aftercore, but I also want skills. I'm WAY too impatient for my own good.

I quickly decide, below, after surviving one pirate, that I can easily get the outfit. Then I spend the next turn dying over and over again and one Ka to get back to the fight - but I managed to survive at least enough to finish the pirates through the f'cle.

[102-112] The Obligatory Pirate's Cove [50,96,65] (Ka: 12)
     +> [103] Got swashbuckling pants
     +> [104] Got eyepatch
     +> [112] Got stuffed shoulder parrot
     @> Learned: Yet Another Extra Spleen (Turn 102)
> note: I got the pirate outfit, but I can't yet wear it yet. Guess I should do other stuff. Off to see if the king will die before I do 3 times.

[113-114] Cobb's Knob Kitchens [0,0,0]
[115] Cook 1 Knob batter + 1 Knob cake pan [0,0,0]
[115-116] Cook 1 Knob frosting + 1 unfrosted Knob cake [0,0,0]
> note: Not at all sure if doing the quest this way is better than the harem, but I do get the guard outfit, which I've been needing later for MP anyway. I do hate using a turn to craft, so eventually I should get the free crafting turns skill. Thoughts on which is decidedly better would be appreciated!

[117] Throne Room [19,51,13] (Ka: 2)
     +> [117] Got Cobb's Knob lab key, Glass Balls of the Goblin King
[118-121] Pirates of the Garbage Barges [38,140,63] (Ka: 9)
[122] Rest in your bed in the Chateau [0,108,0]
[122-128] Pirates of the Garbage Barges [90,236,101] (Ka: 21)
     o> Used 1 mummified beef haunch (24 adventures gained) [9,9,8]
> note: OK! Now I can go see the real pirates, since I can wear the outfit now.

> note: But first, I should unlock knob seltzer

[129] Cobb's Knob Barracks [0,0,0]
[130-136] Barrrney's Barrr [32,109,100] (Ka: 15)
     +> [131] Got bottle of rum
     +> [132] Got bottle of rum
     +> [134] Got bottle of rum
     o> Used 1 mummified beef haunch (27 adventures gained) [8,9,6]
     @> Learned: Still Another Extra Spleen (Turn 130)
[137] Rest in your bed in the Chateau [0,89,0]
[137-139] Barrrney's Barrr [16,44,77] (Ka: 6)
     +> [138] Got bottle of rum
     +> [139] Got bottle of rum
     -> Turn [139] Scribe
> note: I feel a bit guilty about my over-use of the Priest, but I get scared I'll need the Ka. However, I maybe could hold off a day on the very complete spleen, but then, why? If I *can* get it on day one, is there a reason not to? I honestly don't know which is the smart thing to do. I know at level 9, I'm Ka-home-free, but I am not going to BE at level 9 today, I don't think. I need to test more of DinseyFunk & figure out what I'm doing at the very least.

> note: Things I'm wondering: Whether to use the YR coming up on a frilly skirt, and if so - from frats or from knoll? Yay - My awesome new clan tells me that it's the knoll by far. I LOVE LEARNING!

> note: 2) At this point, w/ half the outfit, it seems better to go to level 9 noncoms for the hippy pants. I don't have time to look up all the numbers and do the math though, so I'm gonna go with my gut & find out later if I was wrong. Or maybe I'll just do what I feel if possible tonight and then learn after I screw up that I did. Nice thing about being SO new at this is that I don't really expect to be good, and I'm in a rush to beat the rollover clock now.

[140-147] The Dark Heart of the Woods [61,147,66]
     +> [140] Got hot plate
     +> [142] Got Imp Ale
     +> [143] Got hot wing
     +> [145] Got Imp Ale, hot wing
     +> [146] Got Imp Ale, hot wing
     +> [147] Got hot wing, ten-leaf clover
[148] Itznotyerzitz Mine [0,0,0]
     +> [148] Got asbestos ore, chrome ore, linoleum ore
     -> Turn [148] Priest
[149-151] The Goatlet [21,60,17] (Ka: 6)
     +> [149] Got goat cheese
     +> [150] Got glass of goat's milk, goat cheese
     *> [149] Started hunting dairy goat
[152] Rest in your bed in the Chateau [0,97,0]
     => Level 8 (Turn 152)! (28/53/29)
[152] The Goatlet [9,16,8] (Ka: 2)
     +> [152] Got glass of goat's milk, goat cheese
[153] The Degrassi Knoll Gym [2,13,3] (Ka: 2)
     *> [153] Started hunting Gnollish Crossdresser
> note: OK, got skirt.

> note: So got that frilly skirt quickly & painlessly this time. Now I'll go YR the silly hippy half outfit and get some reodorant too.

[154] Hippy Camp [8,17,7] (Ka: 3)
     +> [154] Got filthy corduroys, reodorant
     }> [154] Disintegrated dirty hippy
[155] Cap'm Caronch's Map [14,26,8] (Ka: 2)
     -> Turn [155] Scribe
     @> Learned: Just One More Extra Spleen (Turn 155)
[156] Barrrney's Barrr [0,0,0]
[157] The Infiltrationist [0,0,0]
[158-159] Barrrney's Barrr [0,0,0]
[160-168] The F'c'le [93,280,39] (Ka: 10)
     +> [163] Got mizzenmast mop
     +> [164] Got rigging shampoo
     +> [167] Got ball polish
     -> Turn [165] Priest
[169] Rest in your bed in the Chateau [0,110,0]
[169] Barf Mountain [0,0,0]
[170-189] Pirates of the Garbage Barges [267,657,254] (Ka: 57)
     o> Drank 2 astral pilsner (16 adventures gained) [4,20,8]
     o> Ate 1 fortune cookie (1 adventures gained) [0,0,0]
     o> Used 2 mummified beef haunch (46 adventures gained) [13,20,16]
     @> Learned: Okay Seriously, This is the Last Spleen (Turn 185)
[188] Cook 1 herbs + 1 Uncle Jick's Brownie Mix [0,0,0]
     o> Ate 1 herb brownies (4 adventures gained) [0,0,8]
[189-195] Pirates of the Garbage Barges [105,239,107] (Ka: 21)
     -> Turn [195] Scribe
     @> Learned: Elemental Wards; More Legs (Turn 195)
[196-201] The Dark Heart of the Woods [46,98,34]
     +> [201] Got box of birthday candles
[202-210] The Dark Elbow of the Woods [59,163,76]
     +> [203] Got Imp Ale, hot wing
     +> [206] Got Imp Ale
     +> [207] Got Imp Ale x 3
     +> [210] Got eldritch butterknife
[211-214] The Dark Neck of the Woods [7,25,14]
     +> [213] Got imp unity ring
     +> [214] Got dodecagram
[215] Friar Ceremony Location [0,0,0]
     o> Drank 1 Ish Kabibble (6 adventures gained) [0,0,0]

Ka earned today: 317

Turn rundown finished!
OK, so that was a lot of muckety-muck, but I did get all quests, save the big ole Crypt done, and I even wasted some meat on making dope-wheels (I shall save them, if it's possible, for an upcoming try at softcore, which terrifies me since I'm sure it requires some preparation.)

I have a full consumption set, legs & one set of elemental wards.

Tomorrow:

1) START with something you need to be buffed against the ELEMENTS for!
2) Try desperately to unlock the billiards room before a SR pops up (still learning pool skill.)
3) Try painting a ninja this time? NEED MORE LEGS FIRST!

Thought: or should I paint a desk? That seems dumb, actually, but who knows what else to paint? The desks aren't TOO horrible if I can pick up a scroll for summoning my meat demon while I hunt down Lady Spookyraven's annoying crap. Then all I will need is a fully upgraded maid, 3 candles - pfft, easy peazy...ha!

4) GET INTO LEVEL 11 -- by hook or by crook, 11 needs to be started by day's end tomorrow. This means: LASH everything that's +ML possible (stuff I know of/wiki'd: Twin Peaks: Pants & badge; Pirates: Curmudgel --> BETTER THAN CURMUDGEL: shield/sword from the Gallery -- so open the damn thing up ASAP; Other than those things, nothing really jumps out as "on the way" in my quests. Perhaps I'm missing some things though, and I haven't looked up every single thing on the +ML list from the wiki (Make this a "while you're waiting" task.)

Nearly 40 adventures JUST in the Pirate Garbage + 14 more in Barf Mountain playing w/ a quest -- BAD BAD!
20 Advs so far on Bounty Hunting
Day 2, or the worst day ever

===Day 2===
Adventure count at day start: 88
Current meat: 4900
> note First things first - I get some funds with my bag of trash at Disney, and I invest in 5 more ML face paints

Visiting the Bounty Hunter Hunter
> note There is no f-ing way I intend to spend time looking for 35 rocks in the beanbats. That is insane unless it's aftercore. No two ways about it.

[215] Rest in your bed in the Chateau [0,110,0]
[215-221] The Haunted Kitchen [40,148,51]
     +> [221] Got Spookyraven billiards room key
     -> Turn [221] Cat
> note Are 3-4 drawers the most that can open in the Haunted Kitchen?
> note OK, commit this to memory! The formula is (number of drawers opened) = (1 + (applicable resistance/3)), with a maximum of 4 drawers per combat/capped at 9 levels of Elemental Resistance.
> Note YAY! Cold powder!
> Note So about ~6 turns in the kitchen, maybe I should've eaten the hotdog
> note Well, it would've been awfully nice if I'd bought the talisman BEFORE I needed it today

All of the following were found in between my 6 poolroom turns, which follow.
Info: I got some chalk & did a "practice" with the ghost, then this:

> note OK that's 16 pool skill without any booze. I'm not entirely sure what to do at this point - use my elemental resist left over on the Ninjas (requires death first for talisman) or drink something & continue on to the ML in the gallery of the Manor. Hmmm.

Followed by an internal battle that turned out to be pointless:

> note OK back to the cat for a bit more chalk & try to finish the pool table at least
> note Or at least wear off my shelter of shed & die for a talisman
> note Cripes, now I have to figure out WHAT to drink
> note I'm very tempted to drink 4 cups of tea. But I may need some resist, so maybe one 2-drunk booze and save one for a nightcap in case nothing better floats along

I ended up not drinking anything & beating the ghost with the skill as it was.

[222-228] The Haunted Billiards Room [27,70,28]
     +> [223] Got pool cue
     -> Turn [228] Scribe
Not sure why it isn't noted here, but I got the Library Key:

[228] The Haunted Billiards Room
Encounter: Welcome To Our ool Table > try to beat ghost
You acquire an item: Spookyraven library key

& made this note:
> note HAH! Beat him with 16 pool skill, so being new still has some advantage, and now I can use my SR on something else!

[229-231] The Defiled Alcove [25,79,29]
     +> [230] Got talisman of Horus
     -> Turn [231] Cat
That was a quick move to the alcove just to wear off my noncom buff, and as it turns out, I got one of the few Modern Zmobies of the run. As soon as that wore off, I moved to the ninja snowmen to make use of my Ish Kabbible from the previous nightcap.

> note OOPS started without using my talisman, so just used it (after first turn in Lair) Added my one hippy stench - hope that wasn't a massive screw up & I don't need it more for Sonofa Beach.

[232-237] Lair of the Ninja Snowmen [38,144,45] (Ka: 5)
     +> [235] Got ninja rope
     *> [235] Started hunting ninja snowman assassin
     b> [237] Banished Ninja Snowman {curse of vacation (??? turns )}
[238] Rest in your bed in the Chateau [0,110,0]
[238-241] Lair of the Ninja Snowmen [33,105,27] (Ka: 4)
     +> [241] Got ninja carabiner
[242] Chateau Painting [20,66,22] (Ka: 2)
     +> [242] Got ninja crampons
     +> [242] Got long hard screw x 4, messy butt joint x 5, morningwood plank x 5, 
     +> [242] Got raging hardwood plank x 4, thick caulk x 4, weirdwood plank x 4
     -> Turn [242] Priest
From there I left the Crypt alone again (still looking for more ML & hopefully something to add for init beyond a swabbie swab & my leotarrrds.

Also, I decide to go with Tasty Tarts as a SR. I did read in another log crit here that it's wise to always use a SR on the stone wool. I've never really spent a TON of turns there, except before I could figure out how to work through the beginning of the puzzle, so I opt for turn-gen, just in case. I really wish there was a massive stat boost SR, but other than the pool table, I've mostly spent them on turngen & inhalers.

[243] Encounter: hulking bridge troll
[244-257] The Smut Orc Logging Camp [135,325,138] (Ka: 28)
     +> [244] Got long hard screw, weirdwood plank
     +> [245] Got thick caulk
     +> [246] Got messy butt joint, weirdwood plank
     +> [247] Got raging hardwood plank, raging hardwood plank
     +> [248] Got long hard screw
     +> [249] Got raging hardwood plank
     +> [250] Got messy butt joint, weirdwood plank
     +> [251] Got messy butt joint, weirdwood plank
     +> [252] Got morningwood plank, thick caulk
     +> [253] Got morningwood plank, thick caulk
     +> [254] Got long hard screw
     +> [255] Got raging hardwood plank, weirdwood plank
     +> [256] Got thick caulk
     +> [257] Got long hard screw, messy butt joint
     o> Used 1 mummified beef haunch (27 adventures gained) [6,11,6]
[258] The Haunted Pantry [0,0,0]
     #> [258] Semirare: The Pilsbury Doughjerk
     o> Ate 2 tasty tart (10 adventures gained) [11,10,10]
[259-270] The Smut Orc Logging Camp [145,362,133] (Ka: 24)
     +> [259] Got raging hardwood plank, weirdwood plank
     +> [260] Got thick caulk, weirdwood plank
     +> [261] Got raging hardwood plank, talisman of Renenutet x 3
     +> [262] Got thick caulk
     +> [263] Got thick caulk
     +> [264] Got thick caulk
     +> [265] Got smut orc keepsake box
At this point I only needed 2 planks & I weighed the value of that box in my store (savings for familiars & other things I "need" for a decent standard run) against about ~5-7 more turns in an already unremarkable run. I decided on the meat. I also decided that even if I did end up using it, it would be in my store for two softcore runs following this, since I need both a TT and SealClubber run to unlock the astral belt. I left it at highest price & moved along as if I'd never seen it. I actually should have used a clover, but I didn't think about that either.

+> [266] Got weirdwood plank
     +> [267] Got messy butt joint
     +> [268] Got long hard screw
     +> [269] Got thick caulk
     +> [270] Got thick caulk, weirdwood plank
     o> Used 1 mummified beef haunch (26 adventures gained) [8,10,10]
     -> Turn [270] Cat
     @> Learned: More Elemental Wards (Turn 261)
[271] Rest in your bed in the Chateau [0,111,0]
     -> Turn [271] Scribe
[271-276] The Defiled Cranny [77,240,80] (Ka: 1)
     -> Turn [276] Cat
[277-285] The Defiled Nook [80,231,67]
     +> [277] Got evil eye, loose teeth, skeleton bone
     +> [278] Got evil eye, skeleton bone, smart skull
     +> [279] Got loose teeth, loose teeth
     +> [280] Got evil eye, skeleton bone, smart skull
     +> [281] Got skeleton bone, smart skull
     +> [282] Got evil eye, skeleton bone, smart skull
     +> [283] Got evil eye, loose teeth, loose teeth, skeleton bone
     +> [284] Got evil eye, skeleton bone, smart skull
     +> [285] Got skeleton bone x 3
Moving into the Niche, I added the "expensive camera" from DinseyLand, and I wondered about anything that lowers monster ML or "defense" --> does it affect my stats if I lower the monster's defenses? How about items that lower enemies "level" before combat starts? This is the message I'm most concerned about "Delevels enemies before combat" and I usually stay away from those. But I wear the camera & hope it's not squashing my stats along with the monster's defensive ability.

[286-292] The Defiled Niche [60,167,59]
     *> [288] Started hunting dirty old lihc
     -> Turn [286] Scribe
[293] Rest in your bed in the Chateau [0,220,0]
[293-297] The Defiled Niche [55,144,63]
     -> Turn [297] Cat
     => Level 10 (Turn 296)! (46/85/47)
And again, I'm deserting the crypt. This time I want to open the castle for the inhaler on my next SR. Having screwed myself out of this a while back, I'm sensitive to it.

[298] Rest in your bed in the Chateau [0,111,0] 
[298-315] The Penultimate Fantasy Airship [193,458,163] (Ka: 18)
     +> [299] Got metallic A
     +> [301] Got Mohawk wig
     +> [306] Got amulet of extreme plot significance, soft green echo eyedrop antidote
     +> [313] Got Tissue Paper Immateria
     o> Ate 1 ghost dog (11 adventures gained) [0,0,0]
     *> [311] Started hunting Spunky Princess
     }> [301] Disintegrated Burly Sidekick
Couple notes in between all of this: 1) Is there Delay I've never noticed before? Can it be out-played by moving areas? I was frustrated, says my session log:

> note Where the hell are the noncombats?
> note I'm buffed for them -20% noncombats, maybe I should find something else to add.
That's why the ghost dog there, but it did mean A-Boo was certainly waiting until the next day.

I'm not managing YRs well, but I knew I needed the Mohawk wig, so I did that. Of course, I couldn't equip it when I needed to, so all of my rush to the top floor of the Castle was a bit ridiculous. Now I know you need 70 Moxie to equip that thing.

What would a better YR target be after day one? I only really know day one YR targets!

Immediately after eating the dog, I started seeing the Immateria, but I know better than to confuse corrolation with causation.

And here's a note from the middle of everything below, at turn 322
> note OK, that dog seemed to help. Amazing what a difference I perceive between 20 and 25 percent

Also I finished up the Peak in the middle of all these Airship turns once I had a Titanium Umbrella for the final smidge of cold resist & in between casts of Shed.
> note OK I'm going to move to the icy peak right now while I don't have shelter of shed on. Then I will return here, but I do wonder if this will screw up the queue of adventures, specifically the final immateria. and the last adv in the airship?

[316] Rest in your bed in the Chateau [0,111,0]
[316-327] The Penultimate Fantasy Airship [107,273,104] (Ka: 16)
     +> [317] Got soft green echo eyedrop antidote
     +> [320] Got Tin Foil Immateria
     +> [321] Got Gauze Immateria
     +> [324] Got titanium assault umbrella
     +> [326] Got soft green echo eyedrop antidote
[328] Rest in your bed in the Chateau [0,110,0]
[328-331] Mist-Shrouded Peak [49,141,61] (Ka: 4)
     +> [330] Got talisman of Renenutet, talisman of Renenutet
     o> Used 3 mummified beef haunch (71 adventures gained) [24,23,23]
[332-336] The Penultimate Fantasy Airship [28,88,33] (Ka: 5)
     +> [332] Got Plastic Wrap Immateria
     +> [334] Got soft green echo eyedrop antidote
     +> [336] Got S.O.C.K.
[337-340] The Castle in the Clouds in the Sky (Basement) [23,107,45] (Ka: 3)
[341] The Castle in the Clouds in the Sky (Ground Floor) [9,32,13]
[342] Rest in your bed in the Chateau [0,111,0]
[342-351] The Castle in the Clouds in the Sky (Ground Floor) [131,281,104] (Ka: 9)
     -> Turn [351] Priest
equip hat Mohawk wig
> note GAH! Not enough mox to wear mohawk wig. Going to Manor I guess

[352-359] The Haunted Library [60,163,70]
     +> [353] Got inkwell
     +> [354] Got inkwell
     +> [355] Got disintegrating quill pen, inkwell
     +> [358] Got tattered scrap of paper
     +> [359] Got Lady Spookyraven's necklace, disintegrating quill pen
     o> Drank 2 cup of "tea" (10 adventures gained) [0,198,0]
     *> [353] Started hunting writing desk
     -> Turn [352] Cat
     -> Turn [355] Scribe
[360-361] The Haunted Gallery [19,49,29] (Ka: 2)
     o> Used 1 mummified beef haunch (27 adventures gained) [6,6,7]
     *> [360] Started hunting guy with a pitchfork, and his wife
[362] Rest in your bed in the Chateau [0,110,0]
     o> Drank 1 Lucky Lindy (3 adventures gained) [0,0,0]
     o> Drank 1 astral pilsner (10 adventures gained) [0,15,2]
[362-375] The Haunted Gallery [121,374,154] (Ka: 19)
     +> [363] Got serpentine sword
     +> [365] Got Lady Spookyraven's dancing shoes
     o> Used 1 mummified beef haunch (24 adventures gained) [5,8,9]
> note ARGH All that and two swords but no shield? WHY?
> note Going to castle for quest & BHH now that I can equip my mohawk wig

[376-399] The Castle in the Clouds in the Sky (Top Floor) [310,760,356] (Ka: 36)
     +> [378] Got rave whistle
     +> [382] Got thin black candle x 3
     +> [384] Got thin black candle
     +> [399] Got filthy lucre
     *> [378] Started hunting Raver Giant
     *> [387] Started hunting Raver Giant
     -> Turn [378] Scribe
     -> Turn [394] Priest
     -> Turn [399] Cat
     @> Learned: Armor Plating; Tougher Skin (Turn 385)
     @> Learned: Gift of the Scribe (Turn 394)
     @> Learned: Gift of the Priest (Turn 398)
At this point, the red rollover type is chasing me, and I have another YR to use, so I decide I want that damned snake shield! I also decide I'm rolling a LOT of adventures to the next day.

I hit level 11, and that was at least some of the goal for the day, despite wanting to be further through it on day 2.

[400-402] The Haunted Gallery [19,254,12] (Ka: 2)
     +> [402] Got snake shield
     o> Drank 1 Ye Olde Meade (14 adventures gained) [22,29,21]
     b> [401] Banished empty suit of armor {curse of vacation (??? turns )}
     }> [402] Disintegrated Out in the Garden
     -> Turn [402] Scribe
     => Level 11 (Turn 402)! (57/105/59)

Ka earned today: 178

You acquire an item: giant discarded plastic fork
You acquire an item: Eye of Ed
You acquire an item: ancient amulet
You acquire an item: Staff of Fats
I also decide to hand in my trusty staff of Ed & call it a night before rollover denies me a swap to my chateau set-up.

For "tomorrow" or maybe an hour from now, since I feel so hyper, I must finish - everything. This run is not going as beautifully as I imagined it could.

One more new thing on this run, changing out my paintings. I've been just using the LFM, which doesn't even finish that quest, and having seen how quickly the beach goes with +20% combats, I have been repainting daily. I bought my alpine watercolors and on day 3, I'd like to try this "nuns trick" I've only heard a bit about. Doesn't seem _that_ hard, however, so we'll see.

Overall, I'm extremely disappointed in this second day. Part of it was me not thinking/being tired and rushing, but mostly it's poor decisions. I would like to know how to work out a planning sheet. What, exactly, am I planning for a better Ed run?

One thing I hope: with a belt, this day would go much faster and I wouldn't be on some crazy chase for shields!
Day 3/final day
OK, day three & I'm starting with 177 adventures.

Goals: I just want to FINISH today!

I switch my skylight back to a fan & plan for a long bunch of adventures.

First objective is to get to 12 as fast as possible for the YR of the uniform, so I hit my collection of Facepaint & I start slopping it on constantly. I will go back & grab one more bag of garbage to get more for the day.

===Day 3===
Adventure count at day start: 177
Current meat: 14077

Got ten-leaf clover, ten-leaf clover, worthless gewgaw

[403-409] The Haunted Bathroom [171,259,88]
     +> [405] Got talisman of Renenutet x 3
[410] Rest in your bed in the Chateau [0,111,0]
[410-411] The Haunted Bathroom [46,71,30]
     +> [411] Got Lady Spookyraven's powder puff
[412-418] The Haunted Bedroom [94,253,81]
     +> [412] Got Lord Spookyraven's spectacles
     +> [417] Got disposable instant camera
     +> [418] Got Lady Spookyraven's finest gown
     b> [415] Banished Wardrob nightstand {curse of vacation (??? turns )}
[419] The Haunted Ballroom [100,111,100]
     -> Turn [419] Cat
[420] Rest in your bed in the Chateau [0,110,0]
[420] Barf Mountain [14,44,16] (Ka: 1)
[421-440] The Black Forest [247,611,208] (Ka: 20)
     +> [427] Got broken wings
     +> [428] Got blackberry galoshes
     +> [431] Got black picnic basket
     +> [435] Got black picnic basket
     b> [439] Banished black panther {curse of vacation (??? turns )}
This black forest was PAINFUL. I usually only banish one thing per day with my free banish, but I've gone banish-crazy, and I felt like I would never see the black adder if the panther didn't go away.

> note Great - now I get no blackbird?
> note Hilarious - I banish the panther, see the black adder for the first time, and the market is open now anyway. Never got the blackbird!

Below is my bounty hunt for the day on the Poop Deck, it's not all bad RNG.

[441] The Shore, Inc. Travel Agency [0,0,0]
[444] Rest in your bed in the Chateau [0,111,0]
     -> Turn [444] Scribe
[444-445] The Poop Deck [31,88,30] (Ka: 4)
[446] The Castle in the Clouds in the Sky (Top Floor) [0,0,0]
     #> [446] Semirare: All The Rave
[447-455] The Poop Deck [93,567,111] (Ka: 19)
     o> Used 1 mummified beef haunch (24 adventures gained) [10,11,10]
     *> [448] Started hunting warty pirate
     -> Turn [448] Priest
[456-457] Belowdecks [27,86,35] (Ka: 6)
     +> [456] Got talisman of Renenutet, talisman of Renenutet
     @> Learned: Even More Elemental Wards (Turn 456)
[458-460] The Poop Deck [40,124,36] (Ka: 9)
[461] Rest in your bed in the Chateau [0,111,0]
[461-465] The Poop Deck [64,204,68] (Ka: 15)
     +> [464] Got talisman of Renenutet, talisman of Renenutet
     +> [465] Got filthy lucre
     @> Learned: Upgraded Arms (Turn 464)
> note OK, that's 3 bounties in 3 days, but this run is really sucking big-time, and it ain't the BHH doing it. Hopefully I can do a couple more bounties with leftover turns later today, but who knows what will be left after this mess?

[466] Rest in your bed in the Chateau [0,110,0]
     o> Used 1 mummified beef haunch (26 adventures gained) [6,11,8]
     -> Turn [466] Cat
[466-472] Belowdecks [100,302,106] (Ka: 15)
     +> [468] Got gaudy key, snakehead charrrm
     +> [472] Got gaudy key, snakehead charrrm, talisman of Horus, talisman of Horus
     *> [468] Started hunting gaudy pirate
[473] Rest in your bed in the Chateau [0,110,0]
[473-481] Inside the Palindome [131,332,117] (Ka: 13)
     +> [476] Got ketchup hound
     +> [477] Got photograph of a dog, stunt nuts
     +> [478] Got photograph of an ostrich egg
     o> Used 1 mummified beef haunch (27 adventures gained) [10,9,6]
     *> [476] Started hunting Bob Racecar
[482] Rest in your bed in the Chateau [0,111,0]
     -> Turn [482] Scribe
[482-485] Inside the Palindome [30,84,32] (Ka: 4)
     +> [483] Got photograph of a red nugget
     +> [485] Got photograph of God
     -> Turn [485] Cat
[486-492] Twin Peak [52,184,60] (Ka: 6)
     +> [488] Got rusty hedge trimmers
     +> [491] Got rusty hedge trimmers
     b> [490] Banished Creepy Ginger Twin {curse of vacation (??? turns )}
[494] Rest in your bed in the Chateau [0,110,0]
[494-499] Oil Peak [101,237,100]
     +> [494] Got bubblin' crude x 3
     +> [495] Got bubblin' crude, bubblin' crude
     +> [496] Got bubblin' crude, bubblin' crude
     +> [497] Got bubblin' crude, bubblin' crude
     +> [499] Got bubblin' crude x 3, jar of oil
[500] Rest in your bed in the Chateau [0,111,0]
[500] Twin Peak [21,36,15] (Ka: 1)
     +> [500] Got rusty hedge trimmers
[501-502] rusty hedge trimmers [0,0,0]
[503-507] The Hidden Temple [52,156,42]
     +> [507] Got stone wool
     -> Turn [507] Maid
     => Level 12 (Turn 505)! (68/125/68)
[508] Frat House [12,42,35] (Ka: 1)
     +> [508] Got beer helmet, bejeweled pledge pin, distressed denim pants
     }> [508] Disintegrated Catching Some Zetas
     -> Turn [508] Scribe
     @> Learned: Gift of the Maid (Turn 508)
> note: Gift of the Maid and the full uniform, noice!

I fully imbued the maid for the nuns. Perhaps this is not the greatest use of imbues. I wasn't sure how many I'd get, so I saved them up. After that, I had one more that I dumped onto the cat. I wish I would've used it on my scribe, and now I know that I can do that earlier.

So - I get the war outfit, use my YR, but guess what - Cannot wear two of the pieces because of my very low Moxie! I already have several rounds of From Nantucket running, but this could take a while, and I really want to flier. What to do? I consider, for about half a second, changing my bedside item for one rest, but I don't do it. Should I have done it?

[509-511] The Hidden Temple [0,0,0]
     o> Used 1 mummified beef haunch (23 adventures gained) [7,6,7]
     -> Turn [511] Cat
[512] Rest in your bed in the Chateau [0,110,0]
[512-518] The Hidden Park [41,149,62] (Ka: 5)
     +> [514] Got book of matches
     +> [516] Got surgical mask
     +> [517] Got half-size scalpel
     +> [518] Got antique machete
     -> Turn [515] Scribe
[519] An Overgrown Shrine (Northeast) [0,0,0]
     -> Turn [519] Cat
[519] An Overgrown Shrine (Southeast) [0,0,0]
[519] An Overgrown Shrine (Southwest) [0,0,5]
[519] An Overgrown Shrine (Northwest) [5,0,0]
[519] A Massive Ziggurat [0,5,0]
[519] The Haunted Ballroom [0,0,127]
> note That was bad. I took the moxie substats just to wear my war outfit, start the war & get the fliers. I already feel like this is a mistake. I'll be fine with the damned fliers. This is ED! But in future non-Ed runs, would this be as big a mistake or no?

[520] Hippy Camp [11,33,22] (Ka: 2)
     +> [520] Got bullet-proof corduroys
[521-524] Wartime Hippy Camp (Frat Disguise) [27,132,50] (Ka: 6)
     +> [521] Got reinforced beaded headband, round purple sunglasses
     -> Turn [524] Scribe
I easily found the hippy uniform, which was quite lucky & nice, while starting the war, so now I'm pretty sure, if somewhat nervous, about doing the nun trick.

[525-529] The Haunted Ballroom [38,164,40]
     +> [527] Got dance card
     +> [528] Got dance card
     o> Used 1 mummified beef haunch (26 adventures gained) [5,7,7]
     -> Turn [529] Cat
As I try to inspect the suspicious masonry, the whole browser freezes up, as does mafia, which is telling me KoL is not responding. Wait a bit & everything seems fine. However, when I inspect the log afterward, I see THIS:

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
Player Snapshot
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
> status

Name: emc2
Class: Astral Spirit
Lv: 9

Full: 0 / 15
Drunk: 0 / 14
Spleen: 0 / 15

> equipment -- all reads (none) in the log. Weird!

Yikes - I really hope THAT didn't mess anything up, because I did the entire rest of the run without noticing anything wrong.

[530-531] The Haunted Wine Cellar [30,83,36]
     +> [531] Got bottle of Chateau de Vinegar
     *> [530] Started hunting possessed wine rack
[532-535] The Haunted Laundry Room [82,219,69]
     +> [535] Got blasting soda
     *> [532] Started hunting the cabinet of Dr. Limpieza
[536] Cook 1 blasting soda + 1 bottle of Chateau de Vinegar [0,0,0]
     -> Turn [536] Scribe
[538-540] The Haunted Boiler Room [62,170,55] (Ka: 1)
     +> [540] Got wine bomb
[541] Summoning Chamber [0,0,0]
[541-552] The Defiled Alcove [194,492,173] (Ka: 2)
     +> [542] Got loose teeth
     +> [544] Got loose teeth
     +> [552] Got loose teeth
[553] Haert of the Cyrpt [36,96,39] (Ka: 1)
     +> [553] Got chest of the Bonerdagon, skull of the Bonerdagon, vertebra of the Bonerdagon
[554] An Overgrown Shrine (Northwest) [0,0,0]
[555] An Overgrown Shrine (Southwest) [0,0,0]
[556] An Overgrown Shrine (Southeast) [0,0,0]
[557] An Overgrown Shrine (Northeast) [0,0,0]
[558-566] The Hidden Apartment Building [149,414,143] (Ka: 16)
     +> [560] Got McClusky file (page 1)
     +> [561] Got McClusky file (page 2)
     +> [562] Got McClusky file (page 3)
     +> [563] Got McClusky file (page 4)
     o> Used 1 mummified beef haunch (23 adventures gained) [7,11,10]
     *> [558] Started hunting pygmy shaman
     *> [560] Started hunting pygmy witch accountant
     -> Turn [558] Cat
[567] An Overgrown Shrine (Northwest) [0,0,0]
[567-570] The Hidden Hospital [34,127,48] (Ka: 4)
     +> [569] Got head mirror
     *> [569] Started hunting pygmy witch surgeon
     b> [568] Banished pygmy orderlies {curse of vacation (??? turns )}
[571] An Overgrown Shrine (Southwest) [0,0,0]
     -> Turn [571] Scribe
[571-581] The Hidden Office Building [176,494,174] (Ka: 18)
     +> [572] Got McClusky file (page 5)
     +> [576] Got McClusky file (complete), boring binder clip
     o> Used 1 mummified beef haunch (26 adventures gained) [5,9,9]
[582] An Overgrown Shrine (Northeast) [0,0,0]
     *> [582] Started hunting pygmy bowler
     -> Turn [582] Cat
[582-593] The Hidden Bowling Alley [236,433,209] (Ka: 18)
     +> [583] Got bowling ball
     +> [586] Got bowling ball
     +> [588] Got bowling ball
     +> [590] Got bowling ball
     +> [592] Got bowling ball
     *> [583] Started hunting pygmy bowler
[594] An Overgrown Shrine (Southeast) [0,0,0]
[594] A Massive Ziggurat [0,0,0]
     o> Ate 1 devil dog (13 adventures gained) [0,0,0]
     o> Ate 1 fortune cookie (1 adventures gained) [0,0,0]
[595-602] A-Boo Peak [49,120,37]
     +> [597] Got talisman of Horus, talisman of Horus, ten-leaf clover
     +> [598] Got A-Boo clue, A-Boo clue
     +> [601] Got Duskwalker syringe
     +> [602] Got A-Boo clue
     o> Drank 1 Ish Kabibble (13 adventures gained) [0,0,0]
     -> Turn [596] Scribe
     @> Learned: Healing Scarabs (Turn 597)
[603] Next to that Barrel with Something Burning in it [26,40,11] (Ka: 1)
     +> [603] Got molybdenum hammer
     o> Used 1 chest of the Bonerdagon [150,165,150]
[604-605] A-Boo Peak [0,0,0]
[606] Over Where the Old Tires Are [21,39,17] (Ka: 1)
     +> [606] Got molybdenum crescent wrench
[607] Near an Abandoned Refrigerator [22,39,15] (Ka: 1)
[608-621] Sonofa Beach [130,235,91] (Ka: 5)
     +> [611] Got barrel of gunpowder
     +> [613] Got barrel of gunpowder
     +> [618] Got barrel of gunpowder
     +> [619] Got tattered scrap of paper
     +> [620] Got barrel of gunpowder
     +> [621] Got barrel of gunpowder
[622] Near an Abandoned Refrigerator [18,47,14] (Ka: 1)
[623] The Haunted Billiards Room [10,11,10]
     #> [623] Semirare: A Shark's Chum
[624-625] Near an Abandoned Refrigerator [38,80,38] (Ka: 2)
     +> [625] Got molybdenum pliers
[626-629] Out by that Rusted-Out Car [79,185,54] (Ka: 4)
     +> [629] Got molybdenum screwdriver
     -> Turn [629] Maid
[630-641] The Themthar Hills [164,473,142] (Ka: 24)
[642] Chateau Painting [17,43,10] (Ka: 2)
     -> Turn [642] Scribe
> note Doing that nuns trick for the very first time was both nerve-racking and exhilarating!
> note What is not exhilarating is this turn count

[643-647] The Battlefield (Frat Uniform) [71,198,61] (Ka: 8)
[648] The Hatching Chamber [15,44,19] (Ka: 1)
[649] The Feeding Chamber [16,40,23] (Ka: 1)
[650] The Royal Guard Chamber [14,46,21] (Ka: 1)
[651] The Filthworm Queen's Chamber [11,56,15] (Ka: 1)
[652-681] The Battlefield (Frat Uniform) [550,1603,565] (Ka: 60)
     *> [671] Started hunting Green Ops Soldier
     }> [671] Disintegrated Green Ops Soldier
     -> Turn [667] Cat
     -> Turn [681] Scribe
     @> Learned: Upgraded Spine; Bone Spikes (Turn 658)
     @> Learned: Arm Blade (Turn 667)
     @> Learned: Gift of the Cat (Turn 670)
     => Level 13 (Turn 672)! (84/148/84)
> note Finally, the run's over & the cat bestows his gift.

[682-685] The Big Wisniewski [68,169,75] (Ka: 2)
     b> [685] Banished warehouse janitor {curse of vacation (??? turns )}
     -> Turn [684] Cat
[683] The Naughty Sorceress' Chamber [15,57,23] (Ka: 2)
[684-695] The Secret Council Warehouse [155,418,155] (Ka: 18)
     +> [695] Got Holy MacGuffin

Ka earned today: 322

Turn rundown finished!
Whoops! I YR'd the Green Ops Soldier for those green smoke bombs, then I DID NOT USE THEM! Another known error. This run is a handful of turns longer than my last run. Not very happy about that.
Oops - I forgot to include these turns/stats earlier today. Not sure what all is actually helpful, so I'll pick some:

Turns spent
ADVENTURES
----------
Pirates of the Garbage Barges: 38 <-- This makes me ill to look at!
The Battlefield (Frat Uniform): 35
The Penultimate Fantasy Airship: 35 <-- and given no bounty hunt here, this is hard to accept as well.
The Smut Orc Logging Camp: 26
The Castle in the Clouds in the Sky (Top Floor): 25
The Black Forest: 20
The Degrassi Knoll Restroom: 20
The Haunted Gallery: 19
The Poop Deck: 19
Barf Mountain: 15
The Defiled Alcove: 15
Sonofa Beach: 14
The Dark Heart of the Woods: 14
The Spooky Forest: 14
Barrrney's Barrr: 13
Inside the Palindome: 13
The Defiled Niche: 12
The Hidden Bowling Alley: 12
The Secret Council Warehouse: 12
The Themthar Hills: 12
Hippy Camp: 11
The Castle in the Clouds in the Sky (Ground Floor): 11
The Hidden Office Building: 11
The Hidden Temple: 11
The Obligatory Pirate's Cove: 11
The Outskirts of Cobb's Knob: 11
A-Boo Peak: 10
Lair of the Ninja Snowmen: 10
Belowdecks: 9
The Dark Elbow of the Woods: 9
The Defiled Nook: 9
The F'c'le: 9
The Haunted Bathroom: 9
The Hidden Apartment Building: 9
The Haunted Billiards Room: 8
The Haunted Library: 8
The Shore, Inc. Travel Agency: 8
Twin Peak: 8
The Haunted Ballroom: 7
The Haunted Bedroom: 7
The Haunted Kitchen: 7
The Hidden Park: 7
Oil Peak: 6
Tavern Cellar: 6
The Boss Bat's Lair: 6
The Defiled Cranny: 6
Cobb's Knob Barracks: 4
Mist-Shrouded Peak: 4
Near an Abandoned Refrigerator: 4
Out by that Rusted-Out Car: 4
The Big Wisniewski: 4
The Castle in the Clouds in the Sky (Basement): 4
The Dark Neck of the Woods: 4
The Goatlet: 4
The Haunted Laundry Room: 4
The Hidden Hospital: 4
Wartime Hippy Camp (Frat Disguise): 4
Chateau Painting: 3
The Haunted Boiler Room: 3
Cobb's Knob Kitchens: 2
Cook 1 Knob frosting + 1 unfrosted Knob cake: 2
Guano Junction: 2
rusty hedge trimmers: 2
The Degrassi Knoll Garage: 2
The Haunted Wine Cellar: 2
A Massive Ziggurat: 1
An Overgrown Shrine (Northeast): 1
An Overgrown Shrine (Northwest): 1
An Overgrown Shrine (Southeast): 1
An Overgrown Shrine (Southwest): 1
Cap'm Caronch's Map: 1
Cook 1 blasting soda + 1 bottle of Chateau de Vinegar: 1
Cook 1 herbs + 1 Uncle Jick's Brownie Mix: 1
Frat House: 1
Haert of the Cyrpt: 1
Itznotyerzitz Mine: 1
Next to that Barrel with Something Burning in it: 1
Over Where the Old Tires Are: 1
The Degrassi Knoll Gym: 1
The Feeding Chamber: 1
The Filthworm Queen's Chamber: 1
The Hatching Chamber: 1
The Haunted Pantry: 1
The Infiltrationist: 1
The Naughty Sorceress' Chamber: 1
The Royal Guard Chamber: 1
Throne Room: 1
Uncle Gator's Country Fun-Time Liquid Waste Sluice: 1

QUEST TURNS
----------
Spooky Forest: 14
Tavern quest: 6
Bat quest: 6
Cobb's Knob quest: 18
Friars' quest: 27
Defiled Cyrpt quest: 43
Trapzor quest: 19
Orc Chasm quest: 24
Airship: 35
Giant's Castle: 40 (Bounty hunt included)
Pirate quest: 63 (Bounty hunt included)
Black Forest quest: 20
Spookyraven First Floor: 23
Spookyraven Second Floor: 42
Spookyraven Cellar: 9
Hidden City quest: 61
Palindome quest: 14
Starting the War: 16
War Island quest: 79
Levels Gained
LEVELS
----------
Hit Level 1 on turn 0, 0 from last level. (0.0 substats / turn)
Combats: 0
Noncombats: 0
Other: 0
Hit Level 2 on turn 1, 1 from last level. (25.0 substats / turn)
Noncombats: 2
Hit Level 3 on turn 4, 3 from last level. (13.0 substats / turn)
Noncombats: 1
Hit Level 4 on turn 17, 13 from last level. (8.1 substats / turn)
Combats: 6
Noncombats: 3
Hit Level 5 on turn 27, 10 from last level. (23.1 substats / turn)
Combats: 10
Noncombats: 1
Hit Level 6 on turn 58, 31 from last level. (14.2 substats / turn)
Combats: 22
Noncombats: 9
Hit Level 7 on turn 93, 35 from last level. (21.7 substats / turn)
Combats: 32
Noncombats: 6
Hit Level 8 on turn 152, 59 from last level. (20.5 substats / turn)
Combats: 40
Noncombats: 19
Other: 3
Hit Level 9 on turn 215, 63 from last level. (28.8 substats / turn)
Combats: 46
Noncombats: 19
Other: 1
Hit Level 10 on turn 296, 81 from last level. (32.1 substats / turn)
Combats: 77
Noncombats: 8
Hit Level 11 on turn 402, 106 from last level. (33.9 substats / turn)
Combats: 89
Noncombats: 21
Hit Level 12 on turn 505, 103 from last level. (46.7 substats / turn)
Combats: 79
Noncombats: 30
Hit Level 13 on turn 672, 167 from last level. (37.6 substats / turn)
Combats: 131
Noncombats: 45
Other: 1

Total COMBATS: 554 (79.7%)
Total NONCOMBATS: 119 (17.1%)
Total OTHER: 0 (0.0%) (I count at least 5 from the list above. And I'm not sure where the Chateau rests fit in.)
Stats/Stat Gains
STATS
----------
Muscle Myst Moxie
Totals: 7471 22867 7520
Combats: 6725 18099 6644
Noncombats: 408 4146 506
Others: 0 0 0
Eating: 11 10 18
Drinking: 26 262 31
Using: 301 350 321

Top 10 mainstat gaining areas:

Rest in your bed in the Chateau 0 3005 0
The Battlefield (Frat Uniform) 621 1801 626
Pirates of the Garbage Barges 500 1272 525
The Poop Deck 228 983 245
The Penultimate Fantasy Airship 328 819 300
The Castle in the Clouds in the Sky (Top Floor) 310 760 356
The Smut Orc Logging Camp 280 687 271
The Haunted Gallery 159 677 195
From consumables 338 622 370
The Black Forest 247 611 208
Skills learned when
0 : Prayer of Seshat; Fist of the Mummy; Wisdom of Thoth; Power of Heka; Hide of Sobek
0 : Blessing of Serqet; Shelter of Shed; Bounty of Renenutet; Howl of the Jackal; Roar of the Lion
0 : Storm of the Scarab; Purr of the Feline; Lash of the Cobra; Wrath of Ra; Curse of the Marshmallow
0 : Curse of Indecision; Curse of Yuck; Curse of Heredity; Curse of Fortune; Curse of Vacation
0 : Curse of Stench
31 : Extra Spleen
59 : Replacement Liver
81 : Replacement Stomach; Another Extra Spleen
95 : Upgraded Legs
102 : Yet Another Extra Spleen
130 : Still Another Extra Spleen
155 : Just One More Extra Spleen
185 : Okay Seriously, This is the Last Spleen
195 : Elemental Wards; More Legs
261 : More Elemental Wards
385 : Armor Plating; Tougher Skin
394 : Gift of the Priest
398 : Gift of the Scribe
456 : Even More Elemental Wards
464 : Upgraded Arms
508 : Gift of the Maid
597 : Healing Scarabs
658 : Upgraded Spine; Bone Spikes
667 : Arm Blade
670 : Gift of the Cat
SEMI-RARES
----------
73 : Knob Goblin Elite Guard Captain
258 : The Pilsbury Doughjerk
446 : All The Rave
623 : A Shark's Chum <-- This is a wasted turn this run that hopefully will work toward my next run improving.

fifnasta
Just Plain Old Pie

Re: Em's HC ED 3/695 Blender (23 starting points) First log

Post by fifnasta » Sun Apr 05, 2015 8:02 am

Okay, so I might not be best qualified to give advice, but here it is anyway. Typing this up as I read so might be a bit all over the place.

Since you paint a mountain man, you should try fighting/YRing it on turn 1. This frees up a YR for later use and gets you to level 2. I would then fight some dinseyland pirates and try to lash the +ML weapon and elemental resistance accessory from them. You can keep fighting them to get to level 4-5 comfortably if you want. Early shoring is pretty much wasted turns, since you get no Ka and not that many stats.

Since you have VIP key, I'd take astral hot dogs. It's easy to fill liver with speakeasy booze and you don't need that much turngen in a 3-day run. You can then drink ish kabibble whenever you need elemental res and maybe a sockdollager for tavern cellar. I wouldn't specially farm funfunds then since you can just get 2 from lovebugs and 3 more if you use a talisman of renenutet on a garbage tourist, should you need them for food or buffs.

Dinseyland food/booze is 5.5 advs/fullness, which is epic quality. That's pretty much best turngen you can get in-run, I think, barring astral consumables.

You don't need extra ML in the cellar since, as you said, there's no need for tangles. Boost nc instead if you use a sockdollager. You get the special noncombats in the edge squares so going left and down is okay. You could get baron's monocle if it helps you cap the drops you need. Otherwise, I wouldn't bother.

Re Knob quest: I normally go the harem route in Ed. The outfit has a good drop rate, so you can cap it with talisman/bounty/assorted +item. This frees up a semi-rare and takes less turns than the guard route.

In a 3-day run, you don't need to get all the spleens on day 1, just as many as you're comfortable getting. Nevertheless, I think you should run priest whenever you fight Ka-dropping monsters and don't need cat/maid/whatever. Since you're high-skill, you should get gift of the scribe ASAP, then use him only when there's no better servant.

I wouldn't use a YR on a frilly skirt. It's not hard to lash it or use a talisman otherwise.

No point in painting a desk in Ed. It saves less than a turn, if at all, since you've got them olfacted anyway. It only makes sense if you're copying them to skip floor 1 of the manor. Ninja or gaudy pirate is better.

In the airship, there's 25 turns delay total, 5 before each quest nc becomes available. It's not easily skippable, especially in ed. YR for a mohawk wig isn't bad. Not many better targets, really. Blackberry bush is okay too, as are both war outfits. Snake knight, too.

Other than that, do you use Ezandora's guide? If not, I think you should give it a try. It's a pretty awesome script. Hope this helps some. Overall, that was a really, really good run for your 11th run ever, no astral belt and collecting bounties in-run. I'm sure you'll easily do <600 with a bit of practice when attempting a serious speedrun.

ungawa
AFH

Re: Em's HC ED 3/695 Blender (23 starting points) First log

Post by ungawa » Sun Apr 05, 2015 1:53 pm

Wow, very impressive for a young account!

Here's some responses to some of your questions:
emc2 wrote:I got killed AFTER a battle & ended up using a turn to heal after visiting the Gators & getting splashed w/ the whatever post-battle. Turn 32 is me visiting the underworld
I usually spend one of my first Ka of the run on a bandage from the underworld so I can heal if something silly like that takes me down to 0 HP.
emc2 wrote:Not at all sure if doing the quest this way is better than the harem, but I do get the guard outfit, which I've been needing later for MP anyway. I do hate using a turn to craft, so eventually I should get the free crafting turns skill. Thoughts on which is decidedly better would be appreciated!
In general, the harem path is slightly faster than the guard path, so the question is whether or not the items in the dispensary are worth it. Since Ed doesn't have any use for the pet buffing spray, I have been doing the harem. For some other paths, if I'm worried about item drops, I'll do the dispensary for the the combination of pet buffing spray on my fairy and eyedrops.
Also, while the free crafting skill is great, Ed doesn't get it since he doesn't have any of your permed skills.
emc2 wrote: > note OK back to the cat for a bit more chalk & try to finish the pool table at least
Chalk is 100% drop, so no need to worry about item drop here. If you have your scribe by this point, might as well run it for stats. Otherwise, I guess you can use whatever servant you want to level up.
emc2 wrote:Moving into the Niche, I added the "expensive camera" from DinseyLand, and I wondered about anything that lowers monster ML or "defense" --> does it affect my stats if I lower the monster's defenses? How about items that lower enemies "level" before combat starts? This is the message I'm most concerned about "Delevels enemies before combat" and I usually stay away from those.
Stats are based on the monster's attack, so no need to worry about their defense. I don't actually know whether or not the effects that "delevel before combat" effect stats.
emc2 wrote:Also I finished up the Peak in the middle of all these Airship turns once I had a Titanium Umbrella for the final smidge of cold resist & in between casts of Shed.
> note OK I'm going to move to the icy peak right now while I don't have shelter of shed on. Then I will return here, but I do wonder if this will screw up the queue of adventures, specifically the final immateria. and the last adv in the airship?
Nope, jumping to another zone will not impact the airship adventure queue. Each zone has its own noncombat queue and its own combat queue.
emc2 wrote:> note That was bad. I took the moxie substats just to wear my war outfit, start the war & get the fliers. I already feel like this is a mistake. I'll be fine with the damned fliers. This is ED! But in future non-Ed runs, would this be as big a mistake or no?
I wouldn't say it's a BIG mistake given that it's just one turn. However, it probably wasn't necessary, even if you weren't Ed for triple flyering. You still had some of the crypt left, so you could have gotten the rest of the moxie there. And given that when you're not Ed, you have the whole oasis, desert, pyramid, and Ed to flyer, you would probably have been fine.