Tissen! And Others... Sweden! Help!

Like the title says, anything and everything else goes here. As long as it follows the forum rules.

Moderator: Raccoon

Kevlar
Inscrutable Pi

Tissen! And Others... Sweden! Help!

Post by Kevlar » Mon Apr 21, 2008 6:10 pm

May have just come home from the pub and booked flights to Sweden. On the spur of the moment, in about 5 minutes.

We are flying to just south of Stockholm in August.

What on earth is there to do there???

(we also got flights to Germany, but that's another matter....)

Finally, anyone free to account sit this summer?

Tissen
Inscrutable Pi

Post by Tissen » Tue Apr 22, 2008 3:15 am

Stockholm is a beautiful town, so just wandering around the old town, and having a coffee somewhere should be nice if the weather is ok. And you can take one of the ferries out into the archipelago if you have the time. Grona Lund (an old amusement park) is another option.

I'm from the other side of the country, but I've been in Stockholm a few times, so I should be able to think of something. How long are you staying, and what are you interested in?

Edit: I couldn't spell if my life depended on it.

Kevlar
Inscrutable Pi

Post by Kevlar » Tue Apr 22, 2008 5:20 am

We are going for 4 days, so we have plenty of time to look around. I'm mostly interested in getting to know the country, this could be a look around that leads to a longer holiday another time.

I'd quite like to get out into the countryside and maybe have a look for some limestone - I know there are some good caves in Sweden (Jamtland has the biggest, but I think that is too far away). I've also heard about Oland, but I don't know how easy it would be to get there.

My girlfriend and I also listen to **** of Swedish music (pop) music, so would like to see a band one evening. I've no idea about music venues there.

**edit, this forum doesn't like my umlauts**