Football (yes, the real thing)

Like the title says, anything and everything else goes here. As long as it follows the forum rules.

Moderator: Raccoon

Kevlar
Inscrutable Pi

Football (yes, the real thing)

Post by Kevlar » Sat May 03, 2008 12:27 pm

Does anyone else here follow it?

Today was amazing!

Watching Fulham v Bham with a Derby fan (as a Blackburn fan vying for a Europe place) whilst my g/f was watching eyeing Forest for promotion. We all got what we wanted except the Derby fan, which was just funny, but already decided.

TrueEeviL
Oh my! Guy with Pie!

Post by TrueEeviL » Sat May 03, 2008 12:35 pm

I get enough flopping and faking injury by watching Manu Ginobili play basket ball so, lulz @ futbol. :roll:

Flolle
Fie the Pie

Post by Flolle » Sat May 03, 2008 12:57 pm

Kevlar wrote:Does anyone else here follow it?

Ask me again when the European championship starts. I'm not really interested in club play. The players change too often for me to really identify myself with a team. But national teams? Oh boy, I'm game! :D

Soon, I'll be glued to the TV and shouting at it every other minute. Will be great fun. *rubs hands with glee*

TrueEeviL wrote:I get enough flopping and faking injury by watching Manu Ginobili play basket ball so, lulz @ futbol. :roll:

And I lulz at more commercial breaks than actual sports coverage in American football TV broadcasts. :P

TrueEeviL
Oh my! Guy with Pie!

Post by TrueEeviL » Sat May 03, 2008 2:57 pm

Flolle wrote:And I lulz at more commercial breaks than actual sports coverage in American football TV broadcasts. :P

And I lulz at the 1-3 times in 90 minutes futbol is actually exciting.
"And another 1-0 win for team X!!! They are playing beautifully right now!!1!"

Baseball is more exciting. That is a sad, sad fact.

dvmaprezson
Fie the Pie

Post by dvmaprezson » Sat May 03, 2008 3:19 pm

There's no need for you to put down sports you don't like, eEe. Cut the shit.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v300/dvmaprezson/AFHV2.gif[/img]

TrueEeviL
Oh my! Guy with Pie!

Post by TrueEeviL » Sat May 03, 2008 5:09 pm

dvmaprezson wrote:There's no need for you to put down sports you don't like, eEe. Cut the shit.

Fuck you too.

Not like Im looking at the Ronaldinho and Eto'o jerseys in my closet right now. FC Barcelona, Brazil national, 49ers, Longhorns, and Twins are my only "team" affiliations. 3 of those team are from sports I just bashed.

That said, futbol and Baseball are two inherently boring sports to watch on TV. Live is different. I was at the Red Bulls v FC Barcelona beating in August '06 and it was awesome. Otherwise I have to go to MLS games since I'm in the US. And hell no @ that.

Flopping and fake injuries and a good deal of players apparently being pussies kills appeal of futbol for peopel who grow up in the US. I've seen way to many games where someone is taken of the field crying in pain by a stretcher and starts the second half.

Flopping wise, the NBA has flopping, but its not that bad and they get right back up after a call/no call. Really, its mostly international players like Manu and Varejoe that do it regularly. This as opposed to sitting on the ground for 30 seconds holding their knee, even if they took an elbow to the chest.

Aequitas
Pie of the Sky

Post by Aequitas » Sat May 03, 2008 11:43 pm

go 49ers... wait, oh you mean soccer =P