Laptops

Like the title says, anything and everything else goes here. As long as it follows the forum rules.

Moderator: Raccoon

Kevlar
Inscrutable Pi

Laptops

Post by Kevlar » Mon Jun 30, 2008 7:52 am

I was thinking of getting me a laptop light or similar to play Kol whilst I'm travelling (sad I know)

Has anyone tried (or got) any of the small models? Is was thinking of something like the Asus Eee PC 701.

Kev

deusnoctum
Statistically likely to return

Post by deusnoctum » Mon Jun 30, 2008 3:32 pm

By "light," do you mean "cheap" or "very small?"

JediJules
Just Plain Old Pie

Post by JediJules » Mon Jun 30, 2008 4:27 pm

If you are actually planning to travel with it at least semi-regularly, I'd go with a Lenovo x61 or x300, depending on how you feel about weight v. price. Consumer-grade laptops won't hold up long term, and Lenovo has the strongest professional line.

JJ
http://www.koldb.com/player.php?name=jedijules

ScorpionX
Inscrutable Pi

Post by ScorpionX » Mon Jun 30, 2008 7:38 pm

I can personally speak for thinkpads...
They are all I use and I LOVE them. I recently purchsed a T61p during the last sale and this thing is solid! It is my 4th one, that I have owned. (T20, T 30, T60p and T61p) It has run everything I've thrown at it. I hear great things about the x300 but it might be cost prohibitive, although the idea of a solid state HD is pretty cool!
If you have any questions please feel free to ask...
For every action, there is an equal and opposite government program.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v300/dvmaprezson/AFHV2.gif[/img]

deusnoctum
Statistically likely to return

Post by deusnoctum » Mon Jun 30, 2008 7:56 pm

JediJules wrote:If you are actually planning to travel with it at least semi-regularly, I'd go with a Lenovo x61 or x300, depending on how you feel about weight v. price. Consumer-grade laptops won't hold up long term, and Lenovo has the strongest professional line.

JJ

Let me know if you're thinking of a Lenovo--I have a code around here somewhere for up to 40% off their notebooks.