Posting problem

Like the title says, anything and everything else goes here. As long as it follows the forum rules.

Moderator: Raccoon

TrueEeviL
Oh my! Guy with Pie!

Posting problem

Post by TrueEeviL » Thu Feb 19, 2009 3:51 am

I've tried to post 2 topics, but keep getting

"Could not insert new word matches

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1271 Illegal mix of collations for operation ' IN '

INSERT INTO afh_search_wordmatch (post_id, word_id, title_match) SELECT 27185, word_id, 0 FROM afh_search_wordlist WHERE word_text IN"

And then it lists a ton of words. I got this before, but can't remember the solution. Ideas?

lostcalpolydude
Forum Maestro

Post by lostcalpolydude » Thu Feb 19, 2009 4:20 am

The solution is to wait for the posts to magically appear half an hour later.
bmaher: Softcore character
lostcalpolydude: Hardcore character (abandoned)

TrueEeviL
Oh my! Guy with Pie!

Post by TrueEeviL » Thu Feb 19, 2009 4:31 am

lostcalpolydude wrote:The solution is to wait for the posts to magically appear half an hour later.

You sir are correct. But I am nonetheless confused.

Flolle
Fie the Pie

Post by Flolle » Thu Feb 19, 2009 6:29 am

lostcalpolydude wrote:The solution is to wait for the posts to magically appear half an hour later.

No, it's to wait until I click on them through the RSS feed (or possibly other people, no idea how many use the RSS feed), knowing that the forum software screwed up again. As soon as someone views these "faulty" threads through whatever means possible (RSS feed, searching for posts/topics by user also works), they will be displayed afterwards in the normal forum view.

Seriously, even if I know that the thread won't interest me, I'll open all it's incarnations so someone with mod powers can actually go about fix things by deleting stuff. >.>

I told you guys about this more than half a year ago, but apparently no one deemed it worth to listen. <.<

KujjieKujjieKoo
Spade Ninja

Post by KujjieKujjieKoo » Thu Feb 19, 2009 8:06 am

Flolle wrote:I told you guys about this more than half a year ago, but apparently no one deemed it worth to listen. <.<

A few of us have also reported this as well, not just you Flo. DaDuke is the one who manages the site, if you have issues a direct forum PM to him would be the best idea. Hopefully if we get a few more pieces of evidence (sending the error message, and entire body of text we're trying to post), the problem can be identified and corrected.

DaDuke
Admin

Post by DaDuke » Thu Feb 19, 2009 9:16 am

Ok, bit short on time but I have applied a fix (after taking a backup :D ) for this. Can you let me know if this works for you (or not) by posting here please. If I haven't sorted it I will get more time to look at the weekend (plus any pointers to a solution much appreciated).

D.

Turias
AFH

Post by Turias » Thu Feb 19, 2009 9:38 am

While you are poking around, could you modify apache to always redirect www.alliancefromhell.com to alliancefromhell.com or vice-versa? That would prevent the "only-logged-into-one-site" problem. Thanks!

Lord Stefano
Warlord

Post by Lord Stefano » Thu Feb 19, 2009 1:27 pm

when that happened to me i posted with just a period as the msg, then went back and edited it w/ my post and it went through... it refused to work otherwise

TrueEeviL
Oh my! Guy with Pie!

Post by TrueEeviL » Thu Feb 19, 2009 5:38 pm

I went through and deleted all that mess of topics.

It be easier with some mod powers :wink: