Bold Predictions for the 2009 NFL Season

Like the title says, anything and everything else goes here. As long as it follows the forum rules.

Moderator: Raccoon

Turias
AFH

Post by Turias » Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:08 pm

It was good to see the Vikings handily beat a good team after last week's debacle. And now that they are a full 2 games behind the Saints, I see no reason for them to work their asses off and win every game from here on out. They will likely get a first round bye and then play the saints in New Orleans, anyway... so why risk injury? Better to put Tarvaris in earlier and save the big guns for the playoffs.

TrueEeviL
Oh my! Guy with Pie!

Post by TrueEeviL » Sun Dec 20, 2009 2:24 am

FUCK.

Also at the start of the forth I put $30 with a friend the Saints come back. He gave me 8:1. Most exciting thing ever.

Manendra
My Pie Blown Sky High

Post by Manendra » Sun Dec 20, 2009 3:16 am

That 2-minute-drill was pitiful. Tell me the Colts or Pats couldn't have executed that 100x better.

feng shweez
Inscrutable Pi

Post by feng shweez » Sun Dec 20, 2009 1:46 pm

Today I am rooting for the Titans, Raiders, Packers, Falcons, Pats, and Rams. That's in order of preference, I think.

I did not root for Indy on Thursday, but I also didn't mind seeing the Jags lose. (I was rooting for a tie, however unlikely.)

And if my Ratbirds are to lose any of the next three games, I would prefer it happen today than in the next two weeks.

Tiebreakers are fun. Having a stake in half the games is rather exciting.

feng shweez
Inscrutable Pi

Post by feng shweez » Tue Dec 29, 2009 12:41 pm

I know someone in this crowd is a Vikings fan and I just want to tell you that it's not your fault your team has the biggest dick on it since Richard Nixon.
[url=http://img341.imageshack.us/img341/9392/nootrosforumslk9.gif][img]http://img341.imageshack.us/img341/9392/nootrosforumslk9.gif[/img][/url]

Manendra
My Pie Blown Sky High

Post by Manendra » Tue Dec 29, 2009 12:46 pm

DA BEARS

I think I had a heart attack last night.

Awsomo
Spy vs. Pie

Post by Awsomo » Tue Dec 29, 2009 5:25 pm

feng shweez wrote:it's not your fault
/me repeats that over and over Good Will Hunting style

MonsterERB
AFH

Re: Bold Predictions for the 2009 NFL Season

Post by MonsterERB » Tue Jan 05, 2010 2:50 pm

MonsterERB, in early September, wrote:Here are mine:
1. Brett FAV-RUH and the Vikes are the most-hyped team in the league, picked by some to make the Super Bowl... and miss the playoffs.
2. The AFC West has one team with 13 wins (Chargers), and 3 teams with 5 or less wins (Chiefs, Broncos, Raiders)
3. Super Bowl is Patriots versus Packers. Patriots dominate. MERB (a Pats hater) cries bitter, sorrowful tears into a mug of warm beer.
Hmmm. Completely wrong on #1, but the Vikes did fade near the end, and I wouldn't be surprised if they lose their first playoff game. #2 I was pretty close, basically nailing the greatness of the Chargers and the suckitude of the Raiders/Chiefs, just underestimated the Broncos (who, like the Vikes, faded badly late). And, as for #3, they both made the playoffs, but I'd be very surprised if that's the matchup. Welker's injury really, REALLY hurts New England, and the Packers are going to have trouble keeping Aaron Rodgers off of a stretcher against a team with a good pass rush.
Still, not bad overall. Unlike SOME folks whose scatterbrained prognostications I will conspicuously fail to mention.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v300/dvmaprezson/AFHV1.gif[/img]

feng shweez
Inscrutable Pi

Re: Bold Predictions for the 2009 NFL Season

Post by feng shweez » Fri Jan 08, 2010 7:39 am

My pre-season super bowl match-up of Ravens vs. Packers is still alive, if a bit of a long shot.

I did have the wrong Manning in the playoffs though.

I was right about this one:
feng shweez wrote:The Browns are in the running for worst team in football (though after week 1, that title looks destined for ST. Louis). They certainly are the worst team in the AFC North. And while the AFC North will almost certainly have two playoff teams, there's 0 chance the Browns will be one of them.
I figured the AFC North had about a 80% chance to get 2 teams in, and a 10% chance for either 1 or 3. I was giving the Bengals, Steelers, and Ravens equal odds to make it. Pretty surprised the Bengals won the division though. I gave 'em a good shot to make the dance, but only as the WC.
[url=http://img341.imageshack.us/img341/9392/nootrosforumslk9.gif][img]http://img341.imageshack.us/img341/9392/nootrosforumslk9.gif[/img][/url]