KoL bumper sticker sighting

Like the title says, anything and everything else goes here. As long as it follows the forum rules.

Moderator: Raccoon

Raccoon
Oh my! Guy with Pie!

KoL bumper sticker sighting

Post by Raccoon » Thu Aug 18, 2011 6:22 pm

Today on my way back from dropping my son off at summer science museum camp, I noticed a car with a bumper sticker that read "My other car is made of meat"! Sure enough, on closer inspection, it had in smaller print, "kingdomofloathing.com" on it.

I was tempted for a brief moment to try to catch up, signal the driver, and . . . uh . . . somehow convey that I too am a Loather.
[img]http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u218/mad_hamish/raccoonsig.jpg[/img]

top1214
Oh my! Guy with Pie!

Re: KoL bumper sticker sighting

Post by top1214 » Thu Aug 18, 2011 6:31 pm

You could've just held up your sword and martini glass. Isn't that the universal Loathing signal?

Verdigris97
Colonel Contest

Post by Verdigris97 » Thu Aug 18, 2011 7:20 pm

Clubbing a baby seal is usually easier to pull off on short notice. Quotation marks optional.

preniqueezer
AFH

Post by preniqueezer » Thu Aug 18, 2011 9:50 pm

I'm pretty sure before I started playing KoL I once saw, and laughed at, such a bumper sticker. But I didn't know what it meant and it wasn't until later I found the game and remembered it.

Once, in Phoenix, I was eating breakfast at a restaurant (someplace with Orange in the name, I think), and the men's and women's rooms had stick figures from KoL to denote the sex. I was pretty surprised, because that day I was meeting Jick in person for the first time but had no idea of a connection. Jick said one of his friends ran the place or something. Complete coincidence though.

Manendra
My Pie Blown Sky High

Post by Manendra » Sun Sep 11, 2011 6:08 pm

I saw a guy walking down the street in Mpls with an accordion that had the "I stole your accordion" sticker on it. I was tempted to say something, but I was on a bike and was already too far away.

BC_Goldman
My Pie Blown Sky High

Post by BC_Goldman » Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:50 am

I saw a girl with a pink disco bandit shirt at the PA renaissance faire last year while I was standing in line. Didn't see her once I got inside though.