College football 2014 bowl season

Like the title says, anything and everything else goes here. As long as it follows the forum rules.

Moderator: Raccoon

Raccoon
Oh my! Guy with Pie!

College football 2014 bowl season

Post by Raccoon » Sun Jan 04, 2015 11:00 pm

So, um, yeah, this is pretty late, with just the College Football Championship game between Oregon and Ohio State left. But some general thoughts about the bowl season:

1. I guess the Big Ten wasn't as bad as everyone thought it was at the beginning of the season. Not just Ohio State's victory, but some nice - if perhaps lucky - wins by Michigan State (over Baylor) and Wisconsin (over Auburn).

2. The Pac-12 had a strong showing, with losses only from Washington (to Oklahoma State) and Arizona (to Boise State). Oregon had one of the two most impressive wins of the bowl season by nearly tripling Florida State's score (although the game was closer than it appeared, if you can believe that given the 39 point margin of victory).

3. The Big-12 didn't look so good, apart from TCU's throttling of Mississippi, which was the other most impressive win of the season.

4. But the SEC look pretty bad. The big bullies of the conference (west division) - Alabama, LSU, Mississippi, and Mississippi State - all lost. Georgia did win, as did Texas A&M, Arkansas, and Tennessee, but the humiliation of the top teams has got to mean something.
[img]http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u218/mad_hamish/raccoonsig.jpg[/img]

playultm8
Gatekeeper of Hell

Re: College football 2014 bowl season

Post by playultm8 » Mon Jan 05, 2015 10:51 am

Good riddance, SEC. Long live the Big 10!

top1214
Oh my! Guy with Pie!

Post by top1214 » Mon Jan 05, 2015 3:21 pm

I don't understand. You mention the "big bullies" of the SEC, but not the team in the title game? Mizzou won fairly handily, IIRC. Dial 1-800-CAT-PAWS to get your season tickets today!

(I only know b/c of my FIL)

thacon
Fiendishly At Large

Post by thacon » Thu Jan 08, 2015 9:16 am

Raccoon wrote:So, um, yeah, this is pretty late, with just the College Football Championship game between Oregon and Ohio State left.
My thoughts after this roller coaster of a season: