TheBlackCat's DitR4 Contest Run Log - Failed 2 dayer 3/572

Moderator: Raccoon

theblackcat
Pie of the Sky

TheBlackCat's DitR4 Contest Run Log - Failed 2 dayer 3/572

Postby theblackcat » Thu Nov 03, 2011 7:40 am

So then, now that I've finally got time on my hands, time to start planning for my DitR contest run. I'll probably be using this thread for all my runs (assuming that I do more than one run) and will be posting my preparations and obviously, my logs. I've tried to lay out as much of my reasoning as possible so that people (and my fellow competitors =D) can give criticism and feedback for the run. My BCC profile can be found here: http://bumcheekcity.com/kol/profile.php?u=theblackcat, although I'm not too sure why it didn't capture my stinky cheese eye.

So, I've not done a speedy ascension in a while, so I'm probably a little rusty, but my goal for this contest is to finish my first ever 2-day run. Since my fastest run yet is 3/683 and I've gotten a bunch more skills and toys since then, I kinda eyeballed 2/670 as my target day/turncount.

First things first, ascension details. Since I want to try running much higher ML after perming Tao, I figured that going as an Accordion Thief would be a good idea. That way, I can purchase MMM and Power Ballad in-run, and if I can scrape out enough meat, Polka and Celerity might come in handy too. Moon Sign is a toss-up between Vole and Marmot. Vole gives me an easy meatcar, and allows me to build a clockwork maid from a NPZR head pull for 8 turngen. Marmot means that I need to shell out 5000 meat for a bus pass, and I'll have to spend an extra pull if I want that 8 turngen, but I save on about 4 adventures of powerleveling. Since turn generation is a pretty big question mark for me right now, I think Vole is currently looking more attractive. Besides, the extra HP/MP could help me to survive the higher ML. I'm probably taking astral belt and pilsners with me through the gap, since turngen is my primary concern.

Next, diet plan. Obviously I'm going to want to fill as much of my liver/stomach as possible with Moon Pies and Wrecked Generators, but I also hate the DoD quest with a vengeance and want to eat the pies to skip that quest. I shuffle things around a little, and manage to come up with a diet plan that gives me 675 adventures over 2 days, assuming that I crisis out all 20 turns from the V-mask. Since this is my first run with a V-mask, hopefully this isn't going to be as painful as I think it would be. Maybe I'll need someone to teach me how to use the combat macro system so I won't go insane trying to V-crisis. The only problem I'll forsee is that this diet plan takes up 11 of my 40 pulls for melanges/Moon Pies/Generators, and a further 3 pulls for the KLPs. I'm not sure if I have enough pulls for all the other quests and Mr Store stuff. I won't put my plan out here for now, since its kinda long and annoying to type out.

Pulling the GAP, spooky putty, V-mask, stinky cheese, CoT and the ring of conflict will eat another 6 pulls on Day 1. I'm going to need a combat strategy, so I'll tentatively pull a Patriot Shield (saves about 7 turns of powerleveling) and a dreadlock whip (saves about 6 turns of powerleveling). I still need to figure out whether or not a 8-bit magazine pull is worth it, or I should just Olfact bloopers in the 8-bit zone.

I want to try out the new scarecrow familiar, and some calculations tell me that I should be getting about 32% more item drops from using this over a regular fairy so I think I'll try to make room for a spangly pants pull.

Should I try using the Moonthril Cuirass? If I start my 2 day attempt on the 8th, I should be getting two day's worth of +40 ML, which is huge. On the other hand, I might just be piling on too much ML for me to handle. I think I'll give it a shot, since I will have potato familiars active for most of the run anyway, hopefully Tao/Power Ballad/Vole will keep me alive long enough together with Noodles for me to finish off the monsters. The stat requirement is a little foreign to me, since I've never had to pull a piece of equipment so late before. When do people usually reach 40 Muscle with a Moxie class? Do you usually pull this on Day 1 or on Day 2?

Well, that's about all the brain power I can muster for today. Tomorrow, I'll plan out how to deal with my yellow rays, semirares, fax/putty/badly romantic arrows and tome summons. I'll also have to start coming up with a more concrete pull list, especially for Day 2. Feedback, comments and especially criticisms are welcome. I'm going to need as much help as I can get for this run, if I'm going to pull it off.
Last edited by theblackcat on Wed Nov 16, 2011 3:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lostcalpolydude
Forum Maestro

Re: TheBlackCat's DitR4 Contest Run Log(s)

Postby lostcalpolydude » Thu Nov 03, 2011 8:07 am

theblackcat wrote: I'll probably be using this thread for all my runs

Separate thread for each log, please.

Next, diet plan. Obviously I'm going to want to fill as much of my liver/stomach as possible with Moon Pies and Wrecked Generators, but I also hate the DoD quest with a vengeance and want to eat the pies to skip that quest. I shuffle things around a little, and manage to come up with a diet plan that gives me 675 adventures over 2 days, assuming that I crisis out all 20 turns from the V-mask. Since this is my first run with a V-mask, hopefully this isn't going to be as painful as I think it would be. Maybe I'll need someone to teach me how to use the combat macro system so I won't go insane trying to V-crisis. The only problem I'll forsee is that this diet plan takes up 11 of my 40 pulls for melanges/Moon Pies/Generators, and a further 3 pulls for the KLPs. I'm not sure if I have enough pulls for all the other quests and Mr Store stuff. I won't put my plan out here for now, since its kinda long and annoying to type out.

I wouldn't recommend it, but you could make DD trips (now guaranteed to give keys) and just eat 1 key lime pie.

If you're worried about handling +ML, then vcrisis for turngen isn't a reasonable option. Even if you assume that damage is negligible, using vcrisis that much is a pain, and I would not suggest planning on that turngen. In my planning for 3 day SCO (a much harder goal to reach) I only tentatively plan on 5 turns per day at most, and survival is a non-issue for me. You could pull a vmask for banishing and vcrisis for filthworm glands, but if your priority is daycount then that's not a great pull. Juju mask would be better for saving 10 to 15 turns of powerleveling and +damage when shieldbutting.

My planning generally goes in a google spreadsheet with various tables for different planning sections, and then I just post a link to it for others to read if they want.

I still need to figure out whether or not a 8-bit magazine pull is worth it, or I should just Olfact bloopers in the 8-bit zone.

I would expect a magazine to save around 15 turns, but that's just quick math done in my head.

Should I try using the Moonthril Cuirass? If I start my 2 day attempt on the 8th, I should be getting two day's worth of +40 ML, which is huge. On the other hand, I might just be piling on too much ML for me to handle. I think I'll give it a shot, since I will have potato familiars active for most of the run anyway, hopefully Tao/Power Ballad/Vole will keep me alive long enough together with Noodles for me to finish off the monsters. The stat requirement is a little foreign to me, since I've never had to pull a piece of equipment so late before. When do people usually reach 40 Muscle with a Moxie class? Do you usually pull this on Day 1 or on Day 2?

Beginning of day 2 is about the time that you can equip it. It will be a bit MP expensive, but all that you really need is to survive the initial hit (since you won't get the jump at all).
bmaher: Softcore character
lostcalpolydude: Hardcore character (abandoned)

lotsofphil
Leader of rum ham

Postby lotsofphil » Thu Nov 03, 2011 9:51 am

What lost said about vcrisising for turns. No way you're getting 20 turns in 2-days.

When I have to pull a lot of turngen, I like the spangly hat/pants on the hat/pantsrack. It lets you cap a lot of drops (like ketchup hound, stunt nuts, drum machine).

I would not skip legend key lime pies. If you're skipping pies, skip star key lime pies. Stats there are decent.

edit: also, if you're buying skills as an AT you need to unlock the guild. Don't buy cletus'. Polka is fine.

zombiepops
My Pie Blown Sky High

Postby zombiepops » Thu Nov 03, 2011 10:09 am

lostcalpolydude wrote:
theblackcat wrote: I'll probably be using this thread for all my runs

Separate thread for each log, please.

To expand on this, we prefer each log to have it's own thread. It makes searching for them later much easier. Remember even bad runs that are well annotated, are good logs. (and if you haven't seen it, check out the thread on writing effective logs)
I'm brainy for Zombiepops!

lotsofphil
Leader of rum ham

Postby lotsofphil » Thu Nov 03, 2011 10:24 am

A cuirass at 40ML is a very good thing. If you can, look at perming holiday weight gain. That will improve your survivability a lot.

theblackcat
Pie of the Sky

Postby theblackcat » Thu Nov 03, 2011 11:23 am

Thanks for all your feedback. =)

Do you think it would be a good idea to pull both the Vmask and the Juju Mask then? The Vmask would be useful mainly for the banishing and filthworms. I still have a feeling that it could be worth pulling even if I don't crisis out the turns. I'll do the number crunching tomorrow. If I don't use the Vmask to generate turns, then I'll probably have to spend another pull or two on turngen, maybe a lunchbox or a pumpkin and a Moon Pie. I'm starting to get a little worried because I seem to be wanting to pull quite a few items, and I'm worried that my pulls might be a little tight if I'm spending so many pulls on turngen.

Holiday Weight Gain is next on my perm list (after Cannelloni Cocoon for efficient healing), but I'm not sure if I have the time and energy to finish a Seal Clubber run after the run I'm currently on if I'm going to meet the 8th Nov date for the run.

lotsofphil
Leader of rum ham

Postby lotsofphil » Thu Nov 03, 2011 1:36 pm

You don't have to be a seal clubber to perm Holiday Weight Gain.

I wouldn't pull a Vmask if I were you. That item came out before my time, so I am biased against it/unused to it. Others may have a different opinion.

Are you sure pilsners give you max turngen? What about AEDs if you pull a mojo filter on D2 and use the D1 drink at, say, L8?

lostcalpolydude
Forum Maestro

Postby lostcalpolydude » Thu Nov 03, 2011 5:52 pm

I usually pull both masks. It's good for minimizing turncount. However, there are probably pulls that can generate more turns that would be better for a turngen-oriented pull list.

If you didn't have olfaction the banishers would be more valuable.

theblackcat
Pie of the Sky

Postby theblackcat » Fri Nov 04, 2011 2:50 am

The reason I didn't try to use astral energy drinks is that it would require more pulls to use, and the extra number of extra turns generated didn't seem to be worth it. Still, after actually planning out my pull list and turn generation, it's beginning to look more and more attractive.

After some math, V-mask saves me about 3 turns at the filthworms, and about 2.5 turns from the banishing effect used in the Goatlet (~1) and the Crypt (~1.5), summing to about 5.5 turns saved. Should I pull this? It seems pretty attractive, I think I should still pull it. If I limit my Vcrisising to turns spent in the Goatlet, the Crypt and the filthworms, I could cut the ML run in those places and hopefully it won't be so painful.

Can't think of any uses for my extra putty/arrow, so I think these will probably go to Bad ASCII Arts for more clovers. I would love to be able to do the nuns trick, but I don't have the pulls necessary for the outfit for the trick. Would I be able to squeeze in 2 yellow rays for the outfit if I spend 1 tome summon on quadroculars? Maybe, if I spend a few turns powerleveling earlier.

Anyway, my turngen and pull plans are sorta done, I'm attaching the Excel file in this post.
DitR4 2 day RPS.xlsx
(15.37 KiB) Downloaded 202 times
For those of you kind enough to look through it, please tell me if I'm forgetting or missing out anything important, or if there's anything I can do to improve on it. The items I'm suspicious of is the benefit of pulling the ring of conflict, since +NC has diminishing marginal returns, and I already have both +NC skills, plus the NPZR kit.

lostcalpolydude
Forum Maestro

Postby lostcalpolydude » Fri Nov 04, 2011 5:00 am

You probably won't need to pull all of the war hippy outfit. Use a fairy while starting the war. Yellow raying for it is difficult even with quads.

theblackcat
Pie of the Sky

Postby theblackcat » Tue Nov 08, 2011 9:40 am

So, then, owing to the fact that I massively failed at scheduling, my 2 day run is going to have to be pushed back by about a week. I blame time zone differences. =P

On the plus side, that gives me time to pick up Holiday Weight Gain to help with survivability. =D

@lost: I'll run a fairy while starting the war, of course. But the RNG really loves me there, and I usually don't spend more than 2 turns starting the war, so I probably won't rely on getting the uniform there. I guess I'll take things as they go and save a putty use for the nuns trick. Worse comes to worst I spend maybe like 1-2 extra turns powerleveling without the clover I could have gotten with the putty use. I've made and probably will make worse mistakes. =P

Verdigris97
Colonel Contest

Postby Verdigris97 » Tue Nov 08, 2011 1:08 pm

I usually run a slimeling during the war start because of the equipment drop bonus, and it's not unusual for me to get two of the war hippy pieces. (I've gotten all three in <= 3 combats, then immediate war start. That was great!)

Good luck!

lotsofphil
Leader of rum ham

Postby lotsofphil » Tue Nov 08, 2011 3:14 pm

theblackcat wrote: But the RNG really loves me there, and I usually don't spend more than 2 turns starting the war...

Famous last words :)

Good luck on the run. You'll like holiday weight gain

alvinliu
Just Plain Old Pie

Postby alvinliu » Tue Nov 08, 2011 4:45 pm

Good Luck :) Hope RNG is nice to you. I usually YR for the Hippy War Outfit, but that's on 3 day runs, not too sure about 2 dayers

theblackcat
Pie of the Sky

Postby theblackcat » Wed Nov 16, 2011 3:06 pm

So then, this is the log of my failed 2 day attempt, that somehow turned into a low turncount 3 dayer. I'm actually pretty proud of myself, since it beats my previous lowest turncount by more than 100 turns. =) I'm pretty sure I can do a 2 dayer now, assuming that I don't forget to stock Hagnk's again.

NEW Accordion Thief ASCENSION STARTED 20111114
------------------------------

This log was created by the Ascension Log Visualizer 3.6.0.
The basic idea and the format of this parser have been borrowed from the AFH MafiaLog Parser by VladimirPootin and QuantumNightmare.

Stuff.
===Day 1===

[0] Ascension Start [0,0,0]
+> [0] Got ten-leaf clover
#> Turn [0] pulled 1 Crown of Thrones
#> Turn [0] pulled 1 Greatest American Pants
#> Turn [0] pulled 1 stinky cheese diaper
#> Turn [0] pulled 1 Operation Patriot Shield
#> Turn [0] pulled 1 dreadlock whip
#> Turn [0] pulled 1 Juju Mojo Mask
#> Turn [0] pulled 1 Spooky Putty sheet
#> Turn [0] pulled 1 antique 8-Bit Power magazine
-> Turn [0] Mini-Hipster
[1] Lemon Party [0,0,0]
[2] Sleazy Back Alley [22,35,55]
+> [2] Got little paper umbrella, magical ice cubes, spider web, spider web
&> 1 / 1 free retreats
=> Level 2 (Turn 2)! (4/6/8)
=> Level 3 (Turn 2)! (4/6/8)
[3] Outskirts of The Knob [26,15,52]
&> 5 / 5 free retreats

Burning delay and trying to open guild, Hipster accidentally kills a rushing bum.

[4] photocopied monster [15,19,30]
+> [4] Got barrel of gunpowder, sugar sheet
-> Turn [4] Baby Bugged Bugbear
[5] Spooky Putty Monster [2,0,4]
-> Turn [5] Mini-Hipster
&> 2 / 2 free retreats
[6-10] Spooky Forest [0,2,6]
+> [10] Got divine champagne flute, divine champagne popper, mosquito larva
o> Ate 1 fortune cookie (1 adventures gained) [0,0,0]
#> Turn [10] pulled 1 NPZR chemistry set
&> 1 / 4 free retreats
[11-17] Foyer [48,42,107]
+> [17] Got little paper umbrella, magical ice cubes, ten-leaf clover
#> Turn [11] pulled 1 Mr. Accessory
*> [12] Started hunting ghost
-> Turn [11] Fancypants Scarecrow
-> Turn [17] Mini-Hipster
&> 1 / 1 free retreats
=> Level 4 (Turn 12)! (8/9/13)

Farming up my digital key, since I'll need to eventually and the stats are nice for relatively easy combat.

[18] Sleazy Back Alley [0,0,0]
+> [18] Got ten-leaf clover
-> Turn [18] Rogue Program

Guild is now open. =) I have access to MMM and Power Ballad, so I should have much more efficient MP use and much better survivalability now.

[19] Guano Junction [0,0,0]
+> [19] Got sonar-in-a-biscuit, sonar-in-a-biscuit
-> Turn [19] Pair of Stomping Boots
[20] Beanbat Chamber [7,7,8]
+> [20] Got enchanted bean
&> 1 / 1 free retreats
[21-23] Outskirts of The Knob [0,0,0]
+> [23] Got Knob Goblin encryption key
&> 1 / 1 free retreats

Just finishing up random quests, waiting to level up so I can drink Generators.

[24-30] Tavern Cellar [26,26,81]
+> [30] Got Typical Tavern swill, Typical Tavern swill, Typical Tavern swill
-> Turn [29] Baby Bugged Bugbear
-> Turn [30] Mini-Hipster

One tangle. Briefly consider going back to farm more, but decided it wasn't worth it.

[31-37] Haunted Pantry [24,19,40]
+> [32] Got razor-sharp can lid
+> [37] Got empty meat tank, tires
-> Turn [37] Pair of Stomping Boots
&> 2 / 5 free retreats
[38] Haunted Billiards Room [4,11,18]
-> Turn [38] He-Boulder
=> Level 5 (Turn 38)! (13/13/20)

Standard stuff, dinged 5! =) Just in time too, I was running out of adventures..

[39-43] Cobb's Knob Harem [36,39,85]
o> Drank 1 Wrecked Generator (34 adventures gained) [30,25,27]
#> Turn [41] pulled 1 Wrecked Generator
-> Turn [43] Baby Bugged Bugbear
&> 0 / 1 free retreats

Trying to YR a harem girl here, but kept getting the other 2 monsters in that zone. (The guard and the madam)

[44] Spooky Putty Monster [0,0,0]
-> Turn [44] Pair of Stomping Boots

Still getting beaten up by lobsterfrogman. =/

[45-53] Haunted Billiards Room [46,38,132]
+> [51] Got pool cue
-> Turn [46] Baby Bugged Bugbear
-> Turn [53] Pair of Stomping Boots
[54-62] Haunted Library [79,70,191]
+> [60] Got inkwell
=> Level 6 (Turn 60)! (19/18/29)
[63-70] Haunted Bedroom [75,93,186]
+> [65] Got Lord Spookyraven's spectacles
-> Turn [63] Baby Bugged Bugbear
[71] Cobb's Knob Kitchens [19,15,43]
#> [71] Semirare: Knob Goblin Elite Guard Captain
+> [71] Got Knob Goblin elite helm, Knob Goblin elite pants, Knob Goblin elite polearm

KGE outfit semirare, but I promptly forget to use the Dispensary potions, because of something huge that I realised only later.

[72-80] Haunted Bedroom [70,158,254]
o> Drank 1 Wrecked Generator (36 adventures gained) [27,27,26]
#> Turn [76] pulled 1 Wrecked Generator
[81-88] Haunted Ballroom [109,77,239]
o> Ate 1 Moon Pie (29 adventures gained) [27,29,31]
o> Ate 1 Sneaky Pete's key lime pie (15 adventures gained) [0,0,35]
o> Ate 1 digital key lime pie (14 adventures gained) [18,18,22]
#> Turn [87] pulled 1 spice melange
#> Turn [87] pulled 1 Moon Pie
#> Turn [88] pulled 1 star key lime pie
#> Turn [88] pulled 1 Sneaky Pete's key lime pie
#> Turn [88] pulled 1 digital key lime pie
=> Level 7 (Turn 87)! (26/27/40)

Set the ballroom song. So, it is at this point that I realised that I completely screwed up my Hagnk's. Nowhere near enough Moon Pies and Wrecked Generators for turngen, my NPZR head for turngen/eyepatch, and I forgot to buy spangly pants for my scarecrow. I was kind of frustrated, and briefly considered dropping to casual and retrying the run. Anyhow, my 2 day run is officially dead. =/

[89-102] Dark Heart of the Woods [117,91,272]
+> [102] Got box of birthday candles
o> Drank 1 blended frozen swill (18 adventures gained) [3,3,30]
[103-110] Dark Elbow of the Woods [58,61,102]
+> [109] Got eldritch butterknife
&> 0 / 1 free retreats
[111-120] Dark Neck of the Woods [73,65,192]
+> [118] Got ruby W, wussiness potion
+> [120] Got dodecagram
#> Turn [115] pulled 1 ring of conflict
[121] Defiled Alcove [8,8,25]
+> [121] Got loose teeth, rusty grave robbing shovel
-> Turn [121] Pair of Stomping Boots
[122] Defiled Cranny [8,9,21]
[123-128] Moxie Vacation [0,0,19]
+> [125] Got magical ice cubes, magical ice cubes, magical ice cubes
[129-131] Defiled Cranny [17,15,47]
o> Used 1 beastly paste (8 adventures gained) [20,21,24]
o> Used 1 ectoplasmic paste (6 adventures gained) [19,20,25]
o> Used 1 oily paste (10 adventures gained) [20,20,22]
-> Turn [131] Baby Bugged Bugbear
[132] Spooky Putty Monster [0,0,0]
o> Drank 1 bucket of wine (27 adventures gained) [18,25,23]
-> Turn [132] He-Boulder

So, I finish up a bunch of turns, got beaten up a bit, filled my spleen and decide to bank turns for tomorrow and figure out whether or not to continue this run.

===Day 2===

[133] Batrat and Ratbat Burrow [9,10,7]
+> [133] Got sonar-in-a-biscuit
}> [133] Disintegrated batrat
-> Turn [133] Baby Bugged Bugbear

Since I didn't manage to YR anything yesterday, I decide to give up on the harem girl and YR a bat instead.

[134-139] Boss Bat's Lair [60,61,125]
+> [139] Got Boss Bat bandana, Boss Bat britches
-> Turn [139] Pair of Stomping Boots
[140-146] Defiled Nook [56,47,139]
+> [140] Got loose teeth, loose teeth, skeleton bone
+> [141] Got evil eye, loose teeth, skeleton bone
+> [142] Got evil eye, skeleton bone, smart skull
+> [143] Got evil eye, skeleton bone, smart skull
+> [144] Got evil eye, evil eye, loose teeth, skeleton bone
+> [144] Got sugar sheet
+> [145] Got evil eye, loose teeth, skeleton bone
+> [146] Got loose teeth, loose teeth, skeleton bone
#> Turn [141] pulled 1 The Legendary Beat

Pulled and use the Legendary Beat. 5 evil eyes, not bad I suppose.

[147-148] Defiled Cranny [12,10,32]
o> Used 1 slimy alveolus (1 adventures gained) [0,0,0]
#> Turn [148] pulled 1 slimy alveolus
#> Turn [148] pulled 1 V for Vivala mask
-> Turn [147] Baby Bugged Bugbear
[149-155] Defiled Alcove [86,91,230]
&> 4 / 6 free retreats
=> Level 8 (Turn 149)! (34/35/53)
[156-166] Defiled Niche [183,156,415]
*> [158] Started hunting dirty old lihc
[167] Defiled Nook [26,20,59]
+> [167] Got skeleton bone
[168] Defiled Niche [29,21,54]
[169] Defiled Cranny [23,30,52]
[170] Defiled Alcove [21,29,56]
+> [170] Got loose teeth

Some complicated stuff, to be honest, I was kind of playing half-heartedly at this point.

[171-172] Haert of the Cyrpt [0,0,0]

Beaten up my the Bonerdagon. Twice. Isn't the block rate on the Bonerdagon supposed to be 25% or something? It basically blocked every single one of my skills/combat items.. =P Bad RNG I suppose..

[173-175] Cobb's Knob Kitchens [0,0,0]
+> [175] Got Knob cake
[176-177] Throne Room [0,0,0]
+> [176] Got divine champagne popper, divine cracker

And now, beaten up by the Goblin King. Probably to do with the alveolus effect, in retrospect.

[178-180] Moxie Vacation [0,0,0]
+> [180] Got barbed-wire fence
[181-183] Mysticality Vacation [0,31,0]
[184-186] Muscle Vacation [23,0,0]
#> Turn [186] pulled 1 Massive Manual of Marauder Mockery

Vacation to get rid of Beaten Up, and then decided to do the rest of the Shore trips anyway. Luckily for me I get the barbed wire fence monster in the Tower later in the run.

[187-201] Pirate Cove [106,106,219]
+> [188] Got stuffed shoulder parrot
+> [190] Got swashbuckling pants
+> [193] Got bottle of rum
+> [201] Got eyepatch
&> 1 / 1 free retreats

Farming up my pirate outfit, and picked up 3 insults in the process. I expected to get more insults, but I'm not too familiar with doing the pirate cove like this, since I normally just pull the outfit.

[202-205] Barrrney's Barrr [51,45,122]
+> [203] Got bottle of rum, bottle of rum
[206] Pirate Cove [10,10,33]
[207] Barrrney's Barrr [0,0,0]
[208] Cap'm Caronch's Map [11,13,38]
[210] The Infiltrationist [0,0,0]
[211] Pirate Cove [8,13,30]
[212-213] Barrrney's Barrr [0,0,0]
[214] Spooky Forest [0,0,0]
[215-231] F'c'le [320,364,760]
+> [218] Got rigging shampoo
+> [219] Got mizzenmast mop
+> [230] Got ball polish
*> [223] Started hunting creamy pirate
-> Turn [215] Slimeling
-> Turn [231] Mini-Hipster
=> Level 9 (Turn 230)! (43/44/68)

Get the rigging shampoo and the ball polish almost immediately, but I had to go through 6(!) creamy pirates before I get the ball polish. Mind you, I was running a decent amounts of +items here, with the ball polish drop rate at about 70%.. Anyway, alveolus effect runs out sometime in between, so off I go to fight the bosses..

[232] Throne Room [24,25,39]
+> [232] Got Cape of the Goblin King, Cobb's Knob lab key
[233] Haert of the Cyrpt [0,0,4]
-> Turn [233] Fancypants Scarecrow

Aaannndd... Beaten Up by the Bonerdagon again. Seriously, what's the block rate on this thing? =P

[234-240] Haunted Ballroom [59,50,356]
-> Turn [240] Mini-Hipster

Level a bit, before attempting the Bonerdagon again...

[241] Haert of the Cyrpt [180,189,244]
+> [241] Got chest of the Bonerdagon, skull of the Bonerdagon, vertebra of the Bonerdagon
-> Turn [241] Fancypants Scarecrow

FINALLY! =D

[242-251] Haunted Ballroom [73,73,642]
+> [242] Got dance card
-> Turn [251] Rogue Program
[252] Orc Chasm [7,15,28]
#> [252] Semirare: Bad ASCII Art
+> [252] Got 30669 scroll, 33398 scroll, 334 scroll, 334 scroll
[253-256] Spooky Putty Monster [39,36,124]
#> [253] Semirare: Bad ASCII Art
+> [253] Got 30669 scroll, 33398 scroll, 334 scroll, 334 scroll
#> [254] Semirare: Bad ASCII Art
+> [254] Got 30669 scroll, 33398 scroll, 334 scroll, 334 scroll
#> [255] Semirare: Bad ASCII Art
+> [255] Got 30669 scroll, 33398 scroll, 334 scroll, 334 scroll
+> [255] Got Game Grid token
#> [256] Semirare: Bad ASCII Art
+> [256] Got 30669 scroll, 33398 scroll, 334 scroll, 334 scroll
-> Turn [256] Baby Bugged Bugbear
[257] photocopied monster [15,9,35]
+> [257] Got 31337 scroll, 31337 scroll, 64735 scroll, ten-leaf clover
+> [257] Got ten-leaf clover
o> Used 1 stat script [117,137,158]
-> Turn [257] Fancypants Scarecrow

Powerlevel while waiting for my SR, ASCII Art. Putty it for clovers, forgetting that I haven't finished the lobsterfrogmen from yesterday. Wasted clovers here. =/

[258-268] Haunted Ballroom [53,63,753]
*> [263] Started hunting zombie waltzers
=> Level 10 (Turn 268)! (51/52/85)

More powerleveling!

[269-290] Fantasy Airship [377,337,758]
+> [273] Got Tissue Paper Immateria
+> [278] Got Tin Foil Immateria
+> [279] Got Gauze Immateria
+> [282] Got photoprotoneutron torpedo
+> [283] Got Plastic Wrap Immateria
+> [284] Got metallic A
+> [290] Got S.O.C.K.
o> Ate 1 star key lime pie (15 adventures gained) [23,24,27]
-> Turn [269] Mini-Hipster

Hipster to get rid of delay() and floor counters, didn't manage to sniff anything, since I didn't get a SGEEA until quite a few turns in.

[291-293] Giant's Castle [51,44,122]
+> [291] Got heavy D, original G
+> [293] Got awful poetry journal
#> Turn [293] pulled 1 Moon Pie
#> Turn [293] pulled 1 hellion cube
-> Turn [293] He-Boulder
[294-295] Itznotyerzitz Mine [8,9,31]
+> [295] Got 7-Foot Dwarven mattock, miner's helmet, miner's pants
}> [295] Disintegrated 7-Foot Dwarf Foreman
[296-307] Giant's Castle [445,17,709]
+> [301] Got plot hole
+> [302] Got thin black candle
o> Ate 1 Moon Pie (30 adventures gained) [27,30,25]
#> Turn [307] pulled 1 giant needle
#> Turn [307] pulled 1 furry fur
-> Turn [296] Baby Bugged Bugbear
-> Turn [307] Fancypants Scarecrow

Generic stuff, interuppting momentarily for a YR on the dwarf miner.

[308-311] Hole in the Sky [58,71,151]
+> [309] Got star chart
+> [311] Got ten-leaf clover, ten-leaf clover, ten-leaf clover

Finish up my star key, and now back to powerleveling.

[312-331] Haunted Ballroom [184,173,2003]
+> [317] Got dance card
+> [323] Got dance card
+> [326] Got dance card
o> Drank 2 Wrecked Generator (70 adventures gained) [43,50,56]
o> Drank 1 blended frozen swill (16 adventures gained) [2,3,31]
o> Ate 2 dehydrated caviar (4 adventures gained) [0,0,36]
o> Ate 1 ultrafondue (13 adventures gained) [19,19,18]
#> Turn [314] pulled 2 Wrecked Generator
*> [315] Started hunting zombie waltzers
=> Level 11 (Turn 330)! (62/59/104)

Yay level 11! Look at my turncount and realise its actually pretty decent despite all the mistakes I've been making. Guess I should actually put some effort into this ascension after all.

[332-337] Black Forest [63,65,181]
+> [332] Got adder bladder, sunken eyes
+> [337] Got broken wings
-> Turn [337] Baby Bugged Bugbear
[338-340] Muscle Vacation [0,0,0]
o> Drank 1 bucket of wine (27 adventures gained) [47,47,51]
o> Used 1 gooey paste (8 adventures gained) [20,22,22]
o> Used 2 pirate paste (12 adventures gained) [41,41,43]
#> Turn [340] pulled 1 pirate paste
#> Turn [340] pulled 1 pirate paste
#> Turn [340] pulled 1 gooey paste
#> Turn [340] pulled 1 star hat
#> Turn [340] pulled 1 star crossbow
#> Turn [340] pulled 1 Wand of Nagamar
#> Turn [340] pulled 1 large box
#> Turn [340] pulled 1 Mick's IcyVapoHotness Inhaler
#> Turn [340] pulled 1 filthy knitted dread sack
#> Turn [340] pulled 1 filthy corduroys
-> Turn [340] Obtuse Angel

Well, too late for me to gather spleen items (which I was too lazy to do initially), so I pull a bunch of them. Turns out I didn't actually need the turngen, not by a long shot, so that's 3 wasted pulls. =/

===Day 3===

Right then! Now to see if I can somehow salvage this run.

[341-343] Itznotyerzitz Mine (in Disguise) [0,0,0]

Pick up my 3 asbestos ore, which just had to be located on the other side of the cavern I was mining.. >.> This doesn't bode well for the rest of the run.

[344] photocopied monster [20,23,46]
+> [344] Got barrel of gunpowder
[345-347] Spooky Putty Monster [51,69,147]
+> [345] Got barrel of gunpowder
+> [346] Got barrel of gunpowder
+> [347] Got barrel of gunpowder, ten-leaf clover, ten-leaf clover
&> 4 / 4 free retreats
[348-350] Spooky Forest [0,0,0]
+> [349] Got spooky sapling
+> [350] Got Spooky Temple map
#> Turn [348] pulled 1 Spooky-Gro fertilizer
-> Turn [350] Mini-Hipster
&> 3 / 3 free retreats

Let's see. I've got to get 6 goat cheese, finish Palindome, finish Spookyraven, finish Hidden City and find the Pyramid. Off to work.

[351-354] Hidden Temple [16,62,161]
[355-361] Goatlet [70,50,154]
+> [356] Got glass of goat's milk, goat cheese
+> [357] Got glass of goat's milk, goat cheese
+> [358] Got goat cheese
+> [359] Got glass of goat's milk, goat cheese
+> [360] Got goat cheese
+> [361] Got glass of goat's milk, goat cheese
*> [356] Started hunting dairy goat
-> Turn [355] Fancypants Scarecrow
-> Turn [361] Baby Bugged Bugbear
&> 2 / 2 free retreats
[362-365] Hidden Temple [27,29,69]
-> Turn [365] Mini-Hipster
[366-379] Hidden City [116,144,251]
+> [371] Got Game Grid token
#> Turn [376] pulled 1 bottle of Blank-Out
-> Turn [366] Rogue Program
-> Turn [371] Baby Bugged Bugbear
&> 1 / 1 free retreats
[380] Hidden City (Altar of Charcoatl) [0,0,0]
[381] Hidden City (Altar of Bulbazinalli) [0,0,0]
[382] Hidden City (Altar of Pikachutlotal) [0,0,0]
[383] Hidden City (Altar of Squirtlcthulli) [0,0,0]

Work, work.

384] Desert (Unhydrated) [23,11,41]
[385] Oasis in the Desert [0,0,0]
+> [385] Got drum machine
-> Turn [385] Pair of Stomping Boots
[386] Desert (Ultrahydrated) [0,0,0]
[387] Oasis in the Desert [2,0,0]
+> [387] Got stone rose
&> 1 / 1 free retreats
[388-389] Desert (Ultrahydrated) [15,19,48]
-> Turn [388] Mini-Hipster
&> 4 / 4 free retreats
[390-395] Oasis in the Desert [45,41,72]
+> [392] Got worm-riding manual page 1
+> [394] Got worm-riding manual page 2
+> [395] Got worm-riding manual pages 3-15
#> Turn [390] pulled 1 bottle of Blank-Out
#> Turn [394] pulled 1 bottle of Blank-Out
&> 7 / 7 free retreats
[396] Desert (Ultrahydrated) [0,0,0]
+> [396] Got worm-riding hooks
-> Turn [396] Baby Bugged Bugbear
&> 2 / 2 free retreats
[397-398] Poop Deck [14,15,41]
[399-403] Belowdecks [102,116,237]
+> [402] Got snakehead charrrm
+> [403] Got snakehead charrrm
*> [402] Started hunting gaudy pirate
-> Turn [403] Fancypants Scarecrow
[404-421] Palindome [509,498,1071]
+> [404] Got photograph of God
+> [407] Got hard-boiled ostrich egg
+> [414] Got ketchup hound
+> [420] Got hard rock candy
[422] Limerick Dungeon [0,0,0]
#> [422] Semirare: The Bleary-Eyed Cyclops
[423-427] Palindome [143,145,467]
+> [426] Got bottle of gin
&> 1 / 1 free retreats
[428] Cobb's Knob Laboratory [0,0,0]
+> [428] Got Mega Gem
#> Turn [428] pulled 1 bottle of Blank-Out
#> Turn [428] pulled 1 stunt nuts
#> Turn [428] pulled 1 wet stew
[429-430] Haunted Ballroom [0,0,131]
[431] Cobb's Knob Barracks [0,0,0]

Momentarily toy with pulling the dusty bottles as well, but decide against it. Good decision on my part, since I ended up needing those pulls.

[432-434] Haunted Wine Cellar [40,52,102]
+> [432] Got dusty bottle of Marsala, dusty bottle of Merlot
+> [433] Got dusty bottle of Zinfandel
+> [434] Got dusty bottle of Port, dusty bottle of Zinfandel, ten-leaf clover, ten-leaf clover

So then, all my bosses are prepped, now to powerleveling to 12. Since my Island is going to be much shorter than my last speed attempt's I figure I'm going to have to powerlevel after all that anyway, so I save my clovers and my dance cards for later. Not sure if this actually makes a difference for powerleveling, I suspect it doesn't.

435-447] Haunted Ballroom [108,99,1091]
+> [440] Got dance card
+> [441] Got divine cracker, divine cracker
+> [443] Got dance card
*> [438] Started hunting zombie waltzers
-> Turn [447] He-Boulder
=> Level 12 (Turn 447)! (73/71/125)
[448-449] Wartime Hippy Camp [0,100,110]
[450] Frat House [16,13,42]
+> [450] Got beer helmet, bejeweled pledge pin, distressed denim pants
}> [450] Disintegrated War Pledge
-> Turn [450] Slimeling
[451-452] Wartime Hippy Camp [14,88,37]
+> [452] Got bullet-proof corduroys
[453] Wartime Hippy Camp (Frat Disguise) [0,0,0]
#> Turn [453] pulled 1 reinforced beaded headband

Derp. Forgot to stock a round purple sunglasses. Run some math in my head, and figure that it's marginally worth it to farm it in the Battlefield.

[454] Battlefield (Frat Uniform) [0,0,0]
-> Turn [454] Baby Bugged Bugbear
[455] Lord Spookyraven [31,42,93]
[456] Hidden City (Smallish Temple) [36,40,91]
[457] Palindome [40,31,108]
-> Turn [457] Fancypants Scarecrow
[458] The Upper Chamber [0,0,0]
+> [458] Got carved wooden wheel
[459] The Middle Chamber [0,0,0]
[460] The Upper Chamber [27,40,49]
+> [460] Got tomb ratchet, tomb ratchet, tomb ratchet
[461] The Lower Chambers (Token/Empty) [0,0,0]
&> 1 / 1 free retreats

Realise that I probably should collect all the ratchets before visiting the Lower Chamber, to save on my item buff turns. I used my cyclops eyedrops here, since I plan to Vcrisis at the filthworms.

[462-468] The Upper Chamber [121,90,252]
+> [462] Got tomb ratchet
+> [463] Got tomb ratchet
+> [465] Got tomb ratchet
+> [466] Got tomb ratchet
+> [467] Got tomb ratchet
+> [468] Got tomb ratchet
*> [462] Started hunting tomb rat
&> 2 / 2 free retreats
[469] The Lower Chambers (Rubble/Bomb) [0,0,0]
[470] The Lower Chambers (Empty/Empty/Ed's Chamber) [0,0,0]
-> Turn [470] Baby Bugged Bugbear
[471-477] Ed the Undying [190,200,409]
o> Drank 6 astral pilsner (72 adventures gained) [92,68,111]
[478-480] Next to that Barrel with Something Burning in it [34,47,84]
+> [480] Got molybdenum hammer
#> Turn [480] pulled 1 bottle of Blank-Out
&> 4 / 4 free retreats
[481] Over Where the Old Tires Are [19,20,42]
+> [481] Got molybdenum crescent wrench
[482] Near an Abandoned Refrigerator [20,15,47]
+> [482] Got molybdenum pliers
&> 9 / 9 free retreats
[483] Out By that Rusted-Out Car [24,20,37]
+> [483] Got molybdenum screwdriver
#> Turn [483] pulled 1 bottle of Blank-Out
#> Turn [483] pulled 1 bottle of Blank-Out
-> Turn [483] Slimeling

Damned gremlin wouldn't drop the screwdriver. >.> At least I manage to finish up my flyering. Apparently all the level 11 bosses + Pyramid + Ed + gremlins with bad RNG is only just barely enough to finish flyering, even with my +99 ML. Maybe I'll leave the Hidden City to flyer next run.

[484] Battlefield (Frat Uniform) [12,14,36]
+> [484] Got reinforced beaded headband, round purple sunglasses
#> Turn [484] pulled 2 thin black candle
-> Turn [484] Fancypants Scarecrow

Yay! First turn sunglasses! =)

[485-497] Themthar Hills [208,221,486]
o> Ate 1 tempura cauliflower (6 adventures gained) [9,5,6]
#> Turn [485] pulled 1 tempura cauliflower
[498] Spooky Putty Monster [12,21,39]

Nuns trick...

-> Turn [498] Baby Bugged Bugbear
[499-502] Battlefield (Frat Uniform) [69,74,190]
&> 2 / 2 free retreats
[503] Hatching Chamber [16,12,41]
-> Turn [503] Fancypants Scarecrow
&> 3 / 3 free retreats
[504] Guards' Chamber [16,15,31]
-> Turn [504] Baby Bugged Bugbear

God, Vcrisis is annoying. Thanks, all those people who advised me not to rely on it in run. I did pick up an extra 2 adventures here though. =P

[505] Queen's Chamber [20,15,41]
[506-535] Battlefield (Frat Uniform) [570,555,1378]
+> [535] Got divine cracker
#> Turn [535] pulled 1 Disco Banjo
#> Turn [535] pulled 1 big bass drum
[536] The Big Wisniewski [57,66,193]
+> [536] Got ten-leaf clover, ten-leaf clover
[537-553] Haunted Ballroom [96,111,2328]
+> [548] Got dance card
*> [548] Started hunting zombie waltzers
-> Turn [538] Fancypants Scarecrow
-> Turn [553] He-Boulder
=> Level 13 (Turn 553)! (84/83/148)

The end is in sight! =D =D =D

[554] Post-War Junkyard [15,18,41]
+> [554] Got gremlin juice
o> Ate 1 Boris's key lime pie (15 adventures gained) [28,0,0]
o> Ate 1 Jarlsberg's key lime pie (16 adventures gained) [0,32,0]
#> Turn [554] pulled 1 pickle-flavored chewing gum
#> Turn [554] pulled 1 Jarlsberg's key lime pie
#> Turn [554] pulled 1 Boris's key lime pie
}> [554] Disintegrated A.M.C. gremlin
-> Turn [554] Pair of Stomping Boots
&> 3 / 3 free retreats
[555-560] Sorceress' Hedge Maze [85,80,198]
-> Turn [555] Fancypants Scarecrow
-> Turn [560] Baby Bugged Bugbear
[561] Sorceress Tower: Level 1 [10,14,58]
&> 1 / 1 free retreats
[562] Sorceress Tower: Level 2 [10,24,69]
[563] Sorceress Tower: Level 3 [11,10,36]
&> 1 / 1 free retreats
[564] Sorceress Tower: Level 4 [11,55,36]
[565] Sorceress Tower: Level 5 [0,0,0]
-> Turn [565] Fancypants Scarecrow
[566-567] Ninja Snowmen [17,14,36]
+> [567] Got frigid ninja stars
[568] Sorceress Tower: Level 5 [13,9,22]
[569] Sorceress Tower: Level 6 [8,11,26]

Note to self: Don't attempt tower-killing without massive stockpiles of love songs/divine favors. The last few tower monsters were just too painful, and I ended up just farming the ninja stars.

[570] Sorceress Tower: Shadow Fight [54,55,106]
-> Turn [570] Levitating Potato
[571-572] Sorceress Tower: Naughty Sorceress [147,108,286]
-> Turn [571] Disembodied Hand

Turn rundown finished!

ADVENTURES
----------
Haunted Ballroom: 88
Battlefield (Frat Uniform): 36
Palindome: 24
Fantasy Airship: 22
F'c'le: 17
Haunted Bedroom: 17
Pirate Cove: 17
Giant's Castle: 15
Dark Heart of the Woods: 14
Hidden City: 14
Themthar Hills: 13
Defiled Niche: 12
Spooky Putty Monster: 12
Dark Neck of the Woods: 10
Haunted Billiards Room: 10
Defiled Alcove: 9
Haunted Library: 9
Moxie Vacation: 9
Spooky Forest: 9
The Upper Chamber: 9
Dark Elbow of the Woods: 8
Defiled Nook: 8
Hidden Temple: 8
Oasis in the Desert: 8
Barrrney's Barrr: 7
Defiled Cranny: 7
Ed the Undying: 7
Foyer: 7
Goatlet: 7
Haunted Pantry: 7
Tavern Cellar: 7
Black Forest: 6
Boss Bat's Lair: 6
Muscle Vacation: 6
Sorceress' Hedge Maze: 6
Belowdecks: 5
Cobb's Knob Harem: 5
Cobb's Knob Kitchens: 4
Desert (Ultrahydrated): 4
Haert of the Cyrpt: 4
Hole in the Sky: 4
Outskirts of The Knob: 4
Wartime Hippy Camp: 4
Haunted Wine Cellar: 3
Mysticality Vacation: 3
Next to that Barrel with Something Burning in it: 3
photocopied monster: 3
Throne Room: 3
Itznotyerzitz Mine: 2
Itznotyerzitz Mine (in Disguise): 2
Ninja Snowmen: 2
Poop Deck: 2
Sleazy Back Alley: 2
Sorceress Tower: Level 5: 2
Sorceress Tower: Naughty Sorceress: 2
Batrat and Ratbat Burrow: 1
Beanbat Chamber: 1
Cap'm Caronch's Map: 1
Cobb's Knob Barracks: 1
Cobb's Knob Laboratory: 1
Desert (Unhydrated): 1
Frat House: 1
Guano Junction: 1
Guards' Chamber: 1
Hatching Chamber: 1
Hidden City (Altar of Bulbazinalli): 1
Hidden City (Altar of Charcoatl): 1
Hidden City (Altar of Pikachutlotal): 1
Hidden City (Altar of Squirtlcthulli): 1
Hidden City (Smallish Temple): 1
Lemon Party: 1
Limerick Dungeon: 1
Lord Spookyraven: 1
Near an Abandoned Refrigerator: 1
Orc Chasm: 1
Out By that Rusted-Out Car: 1
Over Where the Old Tires Are: 1
Post-War Junkyard: 1
Queen's Chamber: 1
Sorceress Tower: Level 1: 1
Sorceress Tower: Level 2: 1
Sorceress Tower: Level 3: 1
Sorceress Tower: Level 4: 1
Sorceress Tower: Level 6: 1
Sorceress Tower: Shadow Fight: 1
The Big Wisniewski: 1
The Infiltrationist: 1
The Lower Chambers (Empty/Empty/Ed's Chamber): 1
The Lower Chambers (Rubble/Bomb): 1
The Lower Chambers (Token/Empty): 1
The Middle Chamber: 1
Wartime Hippy Camp (Frat Disguise): 1

QUEST TURNS
----------
Mosquito Larva: 5
Opening the Hidden Temple: 9
Tavern quest: 7
Bat quest: 9
Cobb's Knob quest: 17
Friars' quest: 31
Pandamonium quest: 0
Defiled Cyrpt quest: 40
Trapzor quest: 11
Orc Chasm quest: 1
Airship: 22
Giant's Castle: 15
Opening the Ballroom: 43
Pirate quest: 48
Black Forest quest: 6
Desert Oasis quest: 13
Spookyraven quest: 36
Hidden City quest: 22
Palindome quest: 24
Pyramid quest: 20
Starting the War: 2
War Island quest: 55
DoD quest: 0

PULLS
----------
Pulled 7 bottle of Blank-Out
Pulled 4 Wrecked Generator
Pulled 2 pirate paste
Pulled 2 thin black candle
Pulled 2 Moon Pie
Pulled 1 tempura cauliflower
Pulled 1 Wand of Nagamar
Pulled 1 wet stew
Pulled 1 filthy corduroys
Pulled 1 big bass drum
Pulled 1 digital key lime pie
Pulled 1 hellion cube
Pulled 1 Mr. Accessory
Pulled 1 Sneaky Pete's key lime pie
Pulled 1 Crown of Thrones
Pulled 1 Boris's key lime pie
Pulled 1 pickle-flavored chewing gum
Pulled 1 large box
Pulled 1 star key lime pie
Pulled 1 gooey paste
Pulled 1 Massive Manual of Marauder Mockery
Pulled 1 stunt nuts
Pulled 1 filthy knitted dread sack
Pulled 1 V for Vivala mask
Pulled 1 Juju Mojo Mask
Pulled 1 Mick's IcyVapoHotness Inhaler
Pulled 1 Disco Banjo
Pulled 1 antique 8-Bit Power magazine
Pulled 1 stinky cheese diaper
Pulled 1 Jarlsberg's key lime pie
Pulled 1 Greatest American Pants
Pulled 1 giant needle
Pulled 1 Spooky Putty sheet
Pulled 1 Operation Patriot Shield
Pulled 1 slimy alveolus
Pulled 1 spice melange
Pulled 1 furry fur
Pulled 1 dreadlock whip
Pulled 1 ring of conflict
Pulled 1 NPZR chemistry set
Pulled 1 The Legendary Beat
Pulled 1 star crossbow
Pulled 1 star hat
Pulled 1 reinforced beaded headband
Pulled 1 Spooky-Gro fertilizer

LEVELS
----------
Hit Level 1 on turn 0, 0 from last level. (0.0 substats / turn)
Combats: 0
Noncombats: 0
Other: 0
Hit Level 2 on turn 2, 2 from last level. (12.5 substats / turn)
Combats: 1
Other: 1
Hit Level 3 on turn 2, 0 from last level. (39.0 substats / turn)
Combats: 0
Hit Level 4 on turn 12, 10 from last level. (10.5 substats / turn)
Combats: 9
Noncombats: 1
Hit Level 5 on turn 38, 26 from last level. (8.9 substats / turn)
Combats: 16
Noncombats: 10
Hit Level 6 on turn 60, 22 from last level. (20.0 substats / turn)
Combats: 19
Noncombats: 3
Hit Level 7 on turn 87, 27 from last level. (28.1 substats / turn)
Combats: 18
Noncombats: 8
Hit Level 8 on turn 149, 62 from last level. (19.5 substats / turn)
Combats: 46
Noncombats: 10
Other: 6
Hit Level 9 on turn 230, 81 from last level. (22.4 substats / turn)
Combats: 51
Noncombats: 20
Other: 9
Hit Level 10 on turn 268, 38 from last level. (68.4 substats / turn)
Combats: 23
Noncombats: 15
Hit Level 11 on turn 330, 62 from last level. (57.9 substats / turn)
Combats: 39
Noncombats: 23
Hit Level 12 on turn 447, 117 from last level. (41.1 substats / turn)
Combats: 53
Noncombats: 59
Other: 5
Hit Level 13 on turn 553, 106 from last level. (59.2 substats / turn)
Combats: 87
Noncombats: 19

Total COMBATS: 379 (66.3%)
Total NONCOMBATS: 170 (29.7%)
Total OTHER: 21 (3.7%)

STATS
----------
Muscle Myst Moxie
Totals: 7550 7447 22843
Combats: 5522 5436 13002
Noncombats: 1355 1314 8973
Others: 23 31 19
Eating: 151 157 200
Drinking: 262 248 355
Using: 237 261 294

Top 10 mainstat gaining areas:

Haunted Ballroom 682 646 7543
Palindome 692 674 1646
Battlefield (Frat Uniform) 651 643 1604
From consumables 650 666 849
Giant's Castle 496 61 831
F'c'le 320 364 760
Fantasy Airship 377 337 758
Themthar Hills 208 221 486
Defiled Niche 212 177 469
Haunted Bedroom 145 251 440

+STAT BREAKDOWN
----------
Need to gain level (last is total): 10 39 105 231 441 759 1209 1815 2601 3591 4809 6279 21904
bugged balaclava: 0 0 2 0 12 42 82 100 2 7 37 130 417
astral belt: 2 0 17 25 47 45 72 0 0 0 0 97 307
dreadlock whip: 0 0 2 20 23 22 37 0 0 0 7 0 113
fixed-gear bicycle: 0 0 7 6 0 0 0 0 3 0 0 0 16
goth kid t-shirt: 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 1

FAMILIARS
----------
Baby Bugged Bugbear : 172 combat turns (45.4%)
Fancypants Scarecrow : 110 combat turns (29.0%)
Mini-Hipster : 33 combat turns (8.7%)
Pair of Stomping Boots : 29 combat turns (7.7%)
Slimeling : 13 combat turns (3.4%)
Rogue Program : 10 combat turns (2.6%)
He-Boulder : 9 combat turns (2.4%)
Disembodied Hand : 1 combat turns (0.3%)
Levitating Potato : 1 combat turns (0.3%)
Obtuse Angel : 1 combat turns (0.3%)

SEMI-RARES
----------
71 : Knob Goblin Elite Guard Captain
252 : Bad ASCII Art
253 : Bad ASCII Art
254 : Bad ASCII Art
255 : Bad ASCII Art
256 : Bad ASCII Art
341 : Bad ASCII Art
422 : The Bleary-Eyed Cyclops

HUNTED COMBATS
----------
12 : ghost
158 : dirty old lihc
223 : creamy pirate
263 : zombie waltzers
315 : zombie waltzers
356 : dairy goat
402 : gaudy pirate
438 : zombie waltzers
462 : tomb rat
548 : zombie waltzers

YELLOW DESTRUCTION
----------
133 : batrat
295 : 7-Foot Dwarf Foreman
450 : War Pledge
554 : A.M.C. gremlin

COPIED COMBATS
----------
4 : lobsterfrogman
5 : lobsterfrogman
44 : lobsterfrogman
132 : lobsterfrogman
253 : Bad ASCII Art
254 : Bad ASCII Art
255 : Bad ASCII Art
256 : Bad ASCII Art
257 : rampaging adding machine
344 : lobsterfrogman
345 : lobsterfrogman
346 : lobsterfrogman
347 : lobsterfrogman
498 : dirty thieving brigand

Romantic Arrow usage:
365 : blue-haired girl

FREE RUNAWAYS
----------
70 / 80 free retreats overall

15 : Foyer -- fleaman
188 : Pirate Cove -- sassy pirate
347 : Spooky Forest -- triffid
348 : Spooky Forest -- warwelf
349 : Spooky Forest -- bar
355 : Goatlet -- sabre-toothed goat
360 : Goatlet -- sabre-toothed goat
378 : Hidden City -- pygmy assault squad
387 : Desert (Ultrahydrated) -- rock scorpion
388 : Desert (Ultrahydrated) -- plaque of locusts
388 : Desert (Ultrahydrated) -- giant giant giant centipede
389 : Oasis in the Desert -- blur
389 : Oasis in the Desert -- rolling stone
392 : Oasis in the Desert -- blur
392 : Oasis in the Desert -- oasis monster
393 : Oasis in the Desert -- oasis monster
393 : Oasis in the Desert -- rolling stone
393 : Oasis in the Desert -- rolling stone
396 : Poop Deck -- wacky pirate
396 : Poop Deck -- whiny pirate
427 : Cobb's Knob Laboratory -- Knob Goblin Alchemist
461 : The Upper Chamber -- tomb servant
467 : The Upper Chamber -- tomb asp
467 : The Upper Chamber -- tomb servant
479 : Next to that Barrel with Something Burning in it -- batwinged gremlin
479 : Next to that Barrel with Something Burning in it -- vegetable gremlin
480 : Over Where the Old Tires Are -- erudite gremlin
480 : Over Where the Old Tires Are -- spider gremlin
482 : Near an Abandoned Refrigerator -- spider gremlin
482 : Out By that Rusted-Out Car -- vegetable gremlin
482 : Out By that Rusted-Out Car -- erudite gremlin
482 : Out By that Rusted-Out Car -- erudite gremlin
503 : Hatching Chamber -- larval filthworm
503 : Hatching Chamber -- larval filthworm
503 : Feeding Chamber -- filthworm drone

CASTS
----------
Cast 662 shieldbutt
Cast 460 entangling noodles
Cast 451 throw shield
Cast 445 sing
Cast 175 cannelloni cocoon
Cast 65 empathy of the newt
Cast 61 ur-kel's aria of annoyance
Cast 57 leash of linguini
Cast 57 the power ballad of the arrowsmith
Cast 56 return
Cast 37 fat leon's phat loot lyric
Cast 32 the moxious madrigal
Cast 26 summon love song
Cast 26 summon party favor
Cast 25 smooth movement
Cast 24 moxie of the mariachi
Cast 23 the sonata of sneakiness
Cast 18 the magical mojomuscular melody
Cast 17 summon brickos
Cast 17 wave of sauce
Cast 14 summon clip art
Cast 12 transcendent olfaction
Cast 12 wrath of the lightning god
Cast 9 the ode to booze
Cast 8 wrath of the trickster god
Cast 5 inigo's incantation of inspiration
Cast 5 point at your opponent
Cast 5 wrath of the volcano god
Cast 4 advanced cocktailcrafting
Cast 4 summon sugar sheets
Cast 3 fire a fingertrap arrow
Cast 3 give your opponent the stinkeye
Cast 3 release the boots
Cast 2 fire a badly romantic arrow
Cast 2 the polka of plenty
Cast 1 creepy grin
Cast 1 fire a boxing-glove arrow
Cast 1 fire a poison arrow

------------------
| Total Casts | 2828
------------------

------------------
| Total MP Spent | 15017
------------------

MP GAINS
----------
Total mp gained: 18090

Inside Encounters: 12716
Starfish Familiars: 792
Resting: 0
Outside Encounters: 915
Consumables: 3667

Level 3:
Inside Encounters: 664
Starfish Familiars: 18
Outside Encounters: 0
Consumables: 0
Level 4:
Inside Encounters: 731
Starfish Familiars: 0
Level 5:
Inside Encounters: 718
Consumables: 3
Level 6:
Inside Encounters: 706
Level 7:
Inside Encounters: 1721
Level 8:
Inside Encounters: 1274
Starfish Familiars: 411
Outside Encounters: 91
Consumables: 29
Level 9:
Inside Encounters: 771
Starfish Familiars: 208
Level 10:
Inside Encounters: 1688
Consumables: 138
Level 11:
Inside Encounters: 3606
Starfish Familiars: 55
Consumables: 170
Level 12:
Inside Encounters: 755
Starfish Familiars: 100
Consumables: 1636
Level 13:
Inside Encounters: 82
Outside Encounters: 824
Consumables: 1691

EATING AND DRINKING AND USING
----------
Adventures gained eating: 160
Adventures gained drinking: 300
Adventures gained using: 45
Adventures gained rollover: 67

Ate 3 fortune cookie (3 adventures gained) [0,0,0]
Ate 2 Moon Pie (59 adventures gained) [54,59,56]
Ate 2 dehydrated caviar (4 adventures gained) [0,0,36]
Ate 1 Boris's key lime pie (15 adventures gained) [28,0,0]
Ate 1 Jarlsberg's key lime pie (16 adventures gained) [0,32,0]
Ate 1 Sneaky Pete's key lime pie (15 adventures gained) [0,0,35]
Ate 1 digital key lime pie (14 adventures gained) [18,18,22]
Ate 1 star key lime pie (15 adventures gained) [23,24,27]
Ate 1 tempura cauliflower (6 adventures gained) [9,5,6]
Ate 1 ultrafondue (13 adventures gained) [19,19,18]

Drank 6 astral pilsner (72 adventures gained) [92,68,111]
Drank 4 Wrecked Generator (140 adventures gained) [100,102,109]
Drank 2 blended frozen swill (34 adventures gained) [5,6,61]
Drank 2 bucket of wine (54 adventures gained) [65,72,74]

Used 1 slimy alveolus (1 adventures gained) [0,0,0]

MEAT
----------
Total meat gained: 40812
Total meat spent: 35624

Level 1:
Meat gain inside Encounters: 0
Meat gain outside Encounters: 2500
Meat spent: 400
Level 3:
Meat gain inside Encounters: 570
Meat gain outside Encounters: 0
Meat spent: 120
Level 4:
Meat gain inside Encounters: 250
Meat gain outside Encounters: 500
Meat spent: 1158
Level 5:
Meat gain inside Encounters: 0
Meat spent: 70
Level 6:
Meat gain inside Encounters: 783
Meat gain outside Encounters: 2439
Meat spent: 88
Level 7:
Meat gain inside Encounters: 2669
Meat spent: 2000
Level 8:
Meat gain inside Encounters: 2568
Meat spent: 4338
Level 9:
Meat gain inside Encounters: 3742
Meat gain outside Encounters: 3000
Meat spent: 160
Level 10:
Meat gain inside Encounters: 3150
Meat gain outside Encounters: 177
Meat spent: 0
Level 11:
Meat gain inside Encounters: 3554
Meat gain outside Encounters: 6000
Meat spent: 9350
Level 12:
Meat gain inside Encounters: 5809
Meat spent: 8350
Level 13:
Meat gain inside Encounters: 101
Meat gain outside Encounters: 3000
Meat spent: 9590

BOTTLENECKS
----------
Spent 0 turns in the 8-Bit Realm
Fought 0 bloopers
Fought 0 bullet bills
Spent 7 turns in the Goatlet
Fought 6 dairy goats for 6 cheeses and 4 glasses of milk
Spent 88 turns in the Haunted Ballroom and found 24 Curtains
Fought 24 Zombie Waltzers and found 7 Dance Cards
Spent 0 turns in the Haunted Gallery and found 0 Louvres
Spent 0 turns in the Haunted Bathroom and found 0 noncombats
Garnishes received: 7
Coconuts: 0
Umbrellas: 2
Ice Cubes: 5
Number of lost combats: 15
lobsterfrogman: 5
medusa: 11
lobsterfrogman: 44
lobsterfrogman: 132
Death Rattlin': 147
modern zmobie: 153
The Haert of Darkness: 171
The Haert of Darkness: 172
The Knob Goblin King: 176
The Knob Goblin King: 177
smarmy pirate: 211
The Haert of Darkness: 233
Possibility Giant: 296
Alphabet Giant: 298
War Hippy Elite Fire Spinner: 527

So then, all in all I'm pretty satisfied. Made A LOT of mistakes, including getting beaten up by lobsterfrogmen and bosses, forgetting to stock Hagnk's and not using my YRs and familiar runaways optimally. Still, it turned out much better than I anticipated. Looking forward to my next attempt at 2 days.

lotsofphil
Leader of rum ham

Re: TheBlackCat's DitR4 Contest Run Log - Failed 2 dayer 3/5

Postby lotsofphil » Wed Nov 16, 2011 4:04 pm

Why towerkill with divines? Perm geyser or toynado or something.

theblackcat
Pie of the Sky

Postby theblackcat » Wed Nov 16, 2011 7:13 pm

I guess those spells haven't been very high on my perm list, compared with actual turnsavers like Empathy and stuff. =P I'm actually deciding between perming Holiday Weight Gain and a hobo spell this run.

theblackcat
Pie of the Sky

Postby theblackcat » Thu Nov 17, 2011 6:17 am

I'm looking for some feedback with regard to the allocation of turns. I ended up spending 88 adventures in the Haunted Ballroom powerleveling, is there any way to better allocate my resources so I'm not powerleveling so much?

Another question that pops up is, how do I value additional item drops in terms of turn savings? Obviously, we have diminishing marginal returns, and even now I'm almost maxxing out item drop rates for drops that with a base rate of 30% (although to be fair, I did pull a Mr A Jr.) I'm asking this because I'm contemplating switching between unarmed combat and noodlebutting. Then again, if I do go unarmed, I'm going to need some skill that would allow me to hit monsters consistently, so that might just be a question for the future and not this contest.

Also, some advice as to what turncount I should aim for in my next 2 day attempt should be. I'm currently thinking about 2/600, but I'm afraid that might be a little too ambitious.

lostcalpolydude
Forum Maestro

Postby lostcalpolydude » Thu Nov 17, 2011 7:42 am

It costs 82.5 mainstat just to get Expert Timing active. That's nearly a turn of powerleveling, and +20% item over a small time period isn't going to save a turn.

The answer to less powerleveling is mostly more +ML. A gown/cuirass will probably save about 15 turns of powerleveling on its own, I think.

lotsofphil
Leader of rum ham

Postby lotsofphil » Thu Nov 17, 2011 2:04 pm

Yeah, 88 ballroom turns is a lot (although some of those are setting song and we'll all be flat). Pull as many clovers as you can fit and run as much ML as you can.
Powerleveling is almost always the prime place to cut turns.

edit: as for turncount, 2/620 is what has shaken out in my last couple "high turngen" 2-dayers. Aiming for 600-620 sounds right to me.

theblackcat
Pie of the Sky

Postby theblackcat » Fri Nov 18, 2011 2:09 am

I kind of pulled Blank-Outs to replace clovers, for most part, which sort of has a dual-impact on the number of powerleveling turns. I miss out on stat gain from combat, and there's also the opportunity cost of not pulling a clover.

I've started another spreadsheet to plan for the next run, which should start on Sunday. I'll start another thread for it tomorrow. For now, what is the biggest aspect that you think I should be working on? Should I be trying to minimize quest turns, or perhaps try to free up more pulls to run more ML/+stat/clovers to cut down on powerleveling, or is there some other way to cut my turncount that I haven't thought of?

Unfortunately, killing hobo bosses are out for this contest (and I seriously doubt I have enough skills to kill them anyway), otherwise that would definitely make things easier on my pull list and turngen.

Another alternative I've thought of is mother hellseal leveling, which drastically improves the efficiency of powerleveling turns, but requires me to spend pulls and turns to do the Fun House and stuff. Also, I'll need some way to survive the initial hit of a maxxed out mother hellseal - with the amount of damage it does it seems that I'll need basically every single +HP skill, together with the +DA buff from my GAP. Reagent potions and/or cold-filtered water would probably help a lot. I don't think I have enough time to do a test run for this though, so this form of leveling is out for this contest.

Edit: Wow, using hellseal leveling has drastic impacts on my pull list - Since the marginal return of mainstat/powerleveling turn is about 5 times higher now, that discounts the benefit of +stat/ML after 90 mainstat, but I still need to reach 90 mainstat in good time. I also need to estimate the number of turns needed to unlock the Volcanic Lair, and compare that with the estimated number of powerleveling turns that I need. Looks like one complicated optimization problem. >.<

lostcalpolydude
Forum Maestro

Postby lostcalpolydude » Fri Nov 18, 2011 6:08 am

Mother hellseal leveling is a hard strategy even for people with every skill permed since reaching 90 mainstat fast enough is complicated. You can wait longer to start the wandering monsters showing up but then you'll reach 95 or 100 mainstat instead before you can use hellseals. And as you noticed, surviving the fights takes a lot of resources.

theblackcat
Pie of the Sky

Postby theblackcat » Fri Nov 18, 2011 8:30 am

Yeah, mother hellseal levelling is probably best for those runs which have diet constraints (SCT or SCB). I sorta imagine it would be to get to 90 mainstat ASAP while unlocking the Poop Deck and finishing as many quests as possible, then leveling to 90 mainstat, killing Hobo Bosses and powerlevel to 13 so that I'll be able to eat the hobo consumables to get enough turngen to finish a 2 dayer. =P

Maybe, in the not-so-distant future I will be able to attempt that run. XD A cat can dream, can't it?

lotsofphil
Leader of rum ham

Postby lotsofphil » Fri Nov 18, 2011 9:36 am

Hobopolis consumables are a degenerate tactic. A run using them will only be best if it is the sole way to make daycount (because so many turns will be spent in non-questing). That is only the case for 1-day SCNP and 2-day HCNP. You're not planning either of those, so I wouldn't use that method.

I think you should work on leveling faster through more +stat/ML pulls and generating more clovers from ascii/pulls.

Return to “Softcore”