Kelemvor BM DB 100% black cat 12/1616

Moderator: Raccoon

Kelemvor
AFH

Kelemvor BM DB 100% black cat 12/1616

Post by Kelemvor » Thu Feb 25, 2010 12:54 pm

Main goals: don't screw up kittycore, don't end up hating BM.

Stretch goal: finish in time to squeeze in a HCNP Sauce leadin for the 3/16-17 muscle days.

Stat days: 11 and 12.

Holidays: FoB on day 2. Originally I was going to line this up for day 3, but I was completely slammed by RL and couldn't ascend in time, so had to push off my gash-jumping a day. C'est la vie.

References: as this will be my first BM run and my third HC run ever, I could really use some help. I'm working mostly off of salticid's 13-day guide, and I've also found some kittycore DB logs here and here that I'm finding useful. Any additional suggestions would be much appreciated!
Last edited by Kelemvor on Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kelemvor
AFH

Re: Kelemvor BM DB catmoon (in-progress, could use help)

Post by Kelemvor » Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:25 pm

Code: Select all

===Day 1===

[0] Ascension Start [0,0,0]
     -> Turn [0] Slimeling
[1-30] Noob Cave [8,9,17]
     %> [30] Badmoon: Surprising!
     -> Turn [30] Black Cat
     => Level 2 (Turn 15)! (3/3/5)
[31] Guild Challenge [0,0,0]
[32-34] Spooky Forest [1,0,1]
     +> [32] Got spices
[35] Rest in your dwelling [0,0,0]
30 turns to get the cat. Put it in my terrarium and set the Familiar Early Warning System GM script (which I've never used, so am not relying on at all -- hopefully it doesn't hurt). Attempt to open the Barrel Full of Barrels, but fail the guild challenge. Sigh. Head to the forest to try and get some meat for food. Get beat up in the forest. Have no meat, so am forced to rest to recover HP, on the cold, hard, unsympathetic ground of my campsite.

So far, not doing so hot on my main goal of not hating Bad Moon.

[36-42] Spooky Forest [0,1,2]
     +> [40] Got spices
     +> [42] Got mosquito larva
     o> Ate 1 Brimstone Chicken Sandwich (4 adventures gained) [-28,0,30]
     o> Ate 2 fortune cookie (2 adventures gained) [0,0,0]
     => Level 3 (Turn 42)! (0/3/8)
[43] Guild Challenge [0,0,0]
     o> Ate 2 Brimstone Chicken Sandwich (12 adventures gained) [-51,0,54]
Had to eat two fortune cookies to get enough adventures to get my larva, but that gets me enough meat for a sandwich, which gives me enough moxie to pass the guild challenge. Sell my rewards to eat some more sandwiches. I decide to go to the Barrels to farm some drinks. Perhaps I should have saved this until getting beaten up?

[44-54] Barrel Full of Barrels [0,0,0]
     +> [54] Got bottle of gin
     o> Drank 1 bottle of gin (3 adventures gained) [0,0,0]
     o> Drank 1 fine wine (2 adventures gained) [0,0,3]
     o> Drank 1 tequila sunrise (6 adventures gained) [10,0,0]
Needn't have worried, as I hit 3 mimics in my first 5 adventures. No barrel explosions, though, and 2 mixed drinks. Is that good? I have no idea. In any case, I have my booze for the day, so my next goal is to get enough meat for Pride, for a big stat boost to early adventuring.

[55-62] Spooky Forest [0,1,2]
     +> [56] Got Spooky Temple map
     %> [62] Badmoon: This Doesn't Look Like Candy Mountain
     o> Ate 1 Brimstone Chicken Sandwich (5 adventures gained) [-26,0,28]
Yay, Chester Meatpot! Lose my kidney a few adventures later, and grab my last sandwich for the day. Following saltcid's guide, I figure I'll go try to get Pummelled to survive the tavern.

[63-64] Sleazy Back Alley [2,0,3]
     +> [63] Got Harold's bell
Harold appears on the first turn, and I almost reject the quest out of habit. Now that I have the bell, I'm somewhat less interested in adventuring here. I still need to get the artist item, and if a gourd potion falls into my lap, great, but I want to get to level 5 so that I can make drinks that don't suck, so I want higher stat areas if I can survive them.

[65-67] Haunted Pantry [2,3,8]
     +> [67] Got razor-sharp can lid
     o> Drank 2 shot of tomato schnapps (5 adventures gained) [3,4,4]
Not sure why I decided this was the right alternative. I do need to come here to open the manor, but today's bounty is in the spooky forest, and neither of those zones aligns with my goal of wanting to level up. I have enough meat for Envy, so I pick that up, grab a hella smooth buff, and start working on the tavern.

[68-69] Typical Tavern Quest [2,0,5]
     => Level 4 (Turn 68)! (0/4/13)
[70-71] Unlucky Sewer [0,0,0]
[72] Rest in your dwelling [0,0,0]
Fumble to death. Whee! I need to get rid of Beaten Up if I want to continue adventuring here, so I do some sewering (no trinkets), and rest for the HP.

[73-79] Typical Tavern Quest [8,7,17]
     o> Ate 1 fortune cookie (1 adventures gained) [0,0,0]
     o> Drank 1 margarita (5 adventures gained) [10,0,0]
Finish off my stomach (could have eaten a stalk of asparagus, but I save it in case I can make some stir-fry later), have a decent nightcap. Not a bad day 1, I guess. I'm on track with the guide, though I haven't opened the manor or finished the artist quest.

FAMILIARS
----------
Black Cat : 25 combat turns (100.0%)
So far so good. Very nervous about this.

Plan for tomorrow:
- Try to avoid eating Brimstone food; hopefully FoB drops will help with this.
- Hopefully get enough to buy cocktailcrafting.
- Continue following the guide unless anyone has better ideas.

jcowley
Pie of the Sky

Post by jcowley » Thu Feb 25, 2010 2:37 pm

You're going to want a lot of meat! Cocktails, hammer, other skills... main goals for tommorow I'd say would be finish the tavern, monocle is good to have. Get the knoll done and get the meat, then grab a harem veil and do the bats. Both the boss's lair and the 3k meat adventure are great. The 4k meat adventure from south of the border is great, but it's nice to leave till the end of the day, when beaten up is removed by rollover. No worries about moving this forward if it makes the difference between cocktails or not.

Remember OSoSP! This is a great turn saving skill; pickpocketing in areas such as the knoll will be even more important with the cat at hand.

Stuff like manor opening, knob, and temple opening/forest lucre; this can be done later, as there is little rush to get this done in the first couple of days of BM. It's good for burning off the negative effects of meat adventures, and also general beaten-up; it can't always be avoided, so don't worry about that. Remember you'll need a bugbear outfit at some time, and it might not drop from the knoll or fun house, so this is another low-level area you can come back to if needed.

Try to avoid "wasting" turns in areas like your campground and the sleazy back alley. The BM guide does feature a lot of unneccessary areas, so be sure to question whether you really need to do the artist quest, or whatever.

Hella smooth is a 10 turn boost. The MAIN advantage, whilst it might seem good to use in higher level places like the tavern, the better use is the +20% items; use it at places where you need items, and +20% might make the difference. Another use is +40% meat, at places such as the bodyguard bats and the nuns.

Still, a really good start to day 1, when the RNG wasn't always co-operating. Keep it up, I'll be sure to check back on this log :)

Kelemvor
AFH

Post by Kelemvor » Thu Feb 25, 2010 4:08 pm

Thanks for the input! A few questions:

- I gather from the guide that the reason I'm pushing for early lucre is so that I can olfact fruit golems, which will be my main sustenance for at least the first half of the run. If I'm not working on getting lucre early, is there a better place I could be farming food? Chicken sandwiches have been great for leveling, but they're not cheap, and I'm worried that I'll eventually miss those muscle stats.

- To a lesser extent, the same question applies about opening the manor. If I don't have access to the kitchen, what should I be looking to eat?

- I actually was looking to get hella smooth partly for the moxie and partly for the item boost; I usually play SC so I had no idea that the rat whiskers were 100% drops. :P

- If this run is anything like my low-skill HC run, I ought to have passable booze from getting AC in-run, but I struggle to find 7 filler plus a worthwhile nightcap. Suggestions?

phel
Pie in the Sky

Post by phel » Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:45 pm

That's not a bad day 1 at all! It's arguable that (especially in the early stages) turn generation is the biggest priority -- and meeting levelling goals would be the natural accompaniment.

Think about all the things you'll need in a few days: chef, bartender, bugbear outfit, and hippy outfit. Those alone should keep you plenty busy.

The FoB monsters are pretty dangerous before level 5, I think, but I could be wrong. Try to keep hairspray on all day.

One of the nicest things about BM runs is the difference in styles and strategies: for example, my DB runs often open somewhat differently than the guide, with an immediate goal to collect 2800 meat as soon as I can, in order to eat 5x chicken sandwiches on day one, bank any adventures at that point, and then 4x to start day 2. Only then do I start questing, collecting skills, et cetera. Vampire blood is a great way to quickly rebuild off-stats, but I won't go out of my way unless I already have 4 or 5 hearts.

Being beaten up is pretty common -- embarrassingly enough, I could probably shave off 25 turns from each run just from beaten up -- and losing to fumbles probably means you're pushing the edge of your character's capabilities: that's exactly where I would want to be. There are plenty of places to 'burn' off the effect without wasting turns though. Assuming you can survive (or have the necessary meat) in these places: sewer (for 3 trinkets: EW (keep for mariachis), dinghy, rims (and twice for volleyball in non-kitty runs)), pantry (to open manor), outskirts (for chef hat and encyption key), spooky forest (open temple, get torso), tavern for lenses, and pixels, just to name a few.

The tactic that always strikes me as best is to adventure at the hardest place where you can survive. This gives the best stat returns -- so why use the back alley buff on the tavern, when you can survive in harder regions with it? I'd save it if possible until after the meatcar quest is done -- then you can look for the tequila meat, and then the gnoll's meat straight away. Or, consider where else you could survive. The cemetery maybe?

Consider that tactic for hella smooth as well; I use it for nuns (twice if possible), goatlet drops (usually this is barely survivable), bodyguard bats (sometimes), and not much else -- maybe brains, maybe for the ballroom if I'm ahead of myself. I consider stats usually more important than drops, in the early going, and hella smooth can be used as a stat generator.

Remember, you won't need to open your guild past the meatcar quest, and save a spooky mushroom for the grue egg. Barrels aren't particularly reliable; 2 mixed drinks is pretty normal. Expect a lot of explosions, if you go there.

Meat shouldn't be too much of a problem in a DB (even a kitty run) after the free meat is gained; Disco Nap will be your friend. Don't forget Envy.

Er, to (try to) answer your specific questions:

Key lime pies and I don't really get along; I've only successfully used that strategy once (though it worked really, really well). I always just get lucre if it's convenient and coincidental, and save it for level 13 items. That being said, I collected a sniffytome from leftover bounties in BM, so don't be afraid to use one on food/drink in the early going.

If you don't want hell food, then fruit and dough from the tower ruins make up pretty nice pie (if you have plates). Mushrooms from the forest are adequate also.

Booze for me comes from schnapps as soon as possible and anything else I find. There's no reliable source, so you need to be flexible.

Kelemvor
AFH

Post by Kelemvor » Fri Feb 26, 2010 1:20 am

Mid-day 2 questions:

I found Baron von Ratsworth. How do I kill him? My current stats are 3/7/22 unbuffed and I have a styx buff to use today. (Keep in mind that it's a kitty run.) I was thinking of grabbing hella tough and ben gal balm, and trying to get lucky, but if that doesn't work, I'll have wasted today's pixie buff, which I would have used on beating up the boss bat and getting into the cemetery.

Speaking of the boss bat, I have Harold's bell. As a DB, is it worth using on the boss bat for the meat? Having no meat is quite painful and I'm at 4k now with the intention of buying cocktailcrafting today to make garnished swill, so I'm leaning towards yes, but I could be convinced otherwise.

lostcalpolydude
Forum Maestro

Post by lostcalpolydude » Fri Feb 26, 2010 2:01 am

Are you getting the jump against ratsworth? From what I remember, getting beaten up is more helpful than any +stat you can throw on. Get the jump, hope you can get a moxious maneuver through.
bmaher: Softcore character
lostcalpolydude: Hardcore character (abandoned)

Ceirdwyn
Hug Duchess

Post by Ceirdwyn » Fri Feb 26, 2010 5:04 am

Kelemvor wrote: - I gather from the guide that the reason I'm pushing for early lucre is so that I can olfact fruit golems, which will be my main sustenance for at least the first half of the run. If I'm not working on getting lucre early, is there a better place I could be farming food? Chicken sandwiches have been great for leveling, but they're not cheap, and I'm worried that I'll eventually miss those muscle stats.
I skipped that in my kitty run. While key lime pies make for great food, the drop rate isn't the best. And without item drop familiar and instead with a kitten that can be in a "I'm batting away everything that might be useful for you" mood I don't know if it is worth wasting a lucre on.

Kelemvor
AFH

Post by Kelemvor » Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:02 pm

Thanks to everyone for their very helpful suggestions! I feel pretty good about day 2 (although I have essentially no frame of reference, so who knows).

===Day 2===
Adventure count at day start: 46
Current meat: 74

[80] Spooky Forest [0,2,4]
[81-84] Typical Tavern Quest [3,3,6]
[85] Guild Challenge [0,0,0]
Got off to a bit of a disjointed start, as I hadn't planned what I wanted to do today. Farted around in the forest for a turn, then decided today's goal was to get cocktailcrafting and drink garnished swill, so I adventured in the tavern until I found the faucet.

[86-91] Degrassi Knoll [5,5,13]
     +> [88] Got Knoll mushroom, Knoll mushroom
     +> [90] Got Gnollish toolbox
Following phel's advice, I'm focusing on turn gen, so my next move is to get the meatcar, so that I can start shoring, so that I can get fruit to make schnapps and advanced drinks. My first toolbox yields up a meat tank, but then I get beaten up. Off to the barrels to try and work that off.

[92-96] Barrel Full of Barrels [0,0,0]
     o> Ate 1 Brimstone Chicken Sandwich (6 adventures gained) [-28,0,27]
Another 3 mimics in 5 adventures. I'm going to stop coming to the barrels to work off beaten up, as I generally just get more beaten up.

[97-98] Spooky Forest [0,2,4]
[99-100] Haunted Pantry [1,3,8]
Making a list of places I should go when beaten up is really helpful! Not sure why I bounced back and forth. I think I started with the forest, then figured I would rather open the manor than open the temple.

[101-103] Degrassi Knoll [2,2,3]
[104] Unlucky Sewer [0,0,0]
     +> [104] Got worthless knick-knack
[105-109] Spooky Forest [2,0,1]
     +> [105] Got spooky sapling
     +> [109] Got Spooky-Gro fertilizer
[110-111] Haunted Pantry [2,0,3]
[112-117] Sleazy Back Alley [5,6,8]
     +> [114] Got spider web
     %> [117] Badmoon: Sandwiched in the Club
Got beat up again and decided that with 17 moxie, the knoll was too tough for me at this time. I spent a little time in the forest and pantry leveling up, then decided that was a pretty poor way to level up (plus it takes away viable places to remove beaten up). Getting pummeled puts my moxie way above the knoll, which feels like a waste, but I don't know where else to go. A lot of people visit the cemetary on day 2. Maybe there?

[118] Pre-Cyrpt Cemetary [0,0,0]
     +> [118] Got smart skull
[119-128] Degrassi Knoll [9,6,25]
     +> [123] Got Knoll mushroom, Knoll mushroom
     +> [125] Got Gnollish toolbox
     +> [126] Got tires
     %> [128] Badmoon: Flowers For Motherloving thumbsucking bun of a sith
     o> Ate 1 tube of cranberry Go-Goo (10 adventures gained) [0,0,30]
Well, I got beat up in the cemetary, so, as wasteful of a BM effect as it may be, I'm spending all my pummeled turns in the knoll. Finish the meatcar and grab my meat. Err...you know what I mean.

[129-130] Unlucky Sewer [0,0,0]
     +> [130] Got worthless knick-knack
[131] Smith 1 big rock + 1 banjo strings [0,0,0]
[132] Smith 1 stone banjo + 1 disco ball [0,0,0]
Don't have pummeled anymore, and while I generally can get close to safe moxie, I'm having trouble getting above safe moxie, and even when I am, I have such low hp that I can't plink long enough without fumbling or getting crit'd to death. I decide to solve this problem by making my EW.

[133] Spooky Forest [1,1,3]
     o> Ate 4 Brimstone Chicken Sandwich (20 adventures gained) [-104,0,110]
     o> Ate 1 packet of tofurkey gravy (3 adventures gained) [34,0,0]
     o> Ate 1 tofurkey nugget (5 adventures gained) [31,0,0]
     => Level 5 (Turn 133)! (0/7/20)
Not sure why I decided to burn another turn in the forest. Anyway, I'm starting to worry about getting full today -- I love me some chicken sandwiches, but I'm going to need meat if I'm going to rely on them for filling my FoB'd stomach. So I figure I'll go open the boss bat, so I can get the dense from the bat and the 3k BM adventure.

[134-138] Guano Junction [6,11,20]
     +> [134] Got sonar-in-a-biscuit
     +> [137] Got sonar-in-a-biscuit
     +> [138] Got sonar-in-a-biscuit
Suhweeeet.

[139-140] Bat Hole Entryway [1,0,6]
     %> [140] Badmoon: Onna Stick
[141] Outskirts of The Knob [0,0,0]
[142-144] Spooky Forest [0,0,0]
     +> [142] Got spices
     %> [144] Badmoon: That's My Favorite Kind of Contraption
[145-150] Outskirts of The Knob [6,10,7]
     +> [149] Got chef's hat
     o> Ate 1 single-serving herbal stuffing (11 adventures gained) [0,0,31]
Didn't realize the drawback to this BM adventure is wrecking my moxie. No worries. I treat it like being beaten up, and go get torso, a chef hat, and work on the encryption key. I don't get it yet, but I want to get back to working on higher ML areas.

[151-153] Pre-Cyrpt Cemetary [6,5,14]
[154-157] Typical Tavern Quest [5,5,6]
     +> [157] Got Baron von Ratsworth's monocle
     o> Ate 1 Brimstone Chicken Sandwich (5 adventures gained) [-25,0,29]
Still not really sure why people go to the cemetery on day 2. Stats are ok, I guess. Anyway, realize that if I want to drink garnished swill today, I'm going to need to finish the tavern quest. I find BvM on the first turn, and he gets the jump and beats me up. Try again? Beat up. I buy OSSP to get initiative, then eat another sandwich to get full, so that I can increase my moxie further. Throw on some hair spray, and I get beat up a third time when my kitty makes me attack instead of using moxious maneuver. Oops.

Fourth time's the charm. OSSP + EW + beaten up + moxious maneuver = 1 happy monocle-wearing panda.

[158-159] Outskirts of The Knob [3,2,5]
[160] Fun House [3,3,4]
[161-163] Boss Bat's Lair [1,5,4]
[164-166] Outskirts of The Knob [1,3,4]
     +> [166] Got Knob Goblin encryption key
Work off beaten up, then consider going to the fun house for boxes. Realize I still need meat to buy cocktailcrafting, since I bought OSSP.

I decided to bell the boss bat -- having the extra meat will really help make the run less painful, especially up through level 8, and I think 20 turns is a fine price to pay for less pain. However, I didn't realize until much later that the point of doing the cemetary on day 2 is to get the BM adventure for the bodyguard bats. Oops.

[167-178] Boss Bat's Lair [18,21,41]
     +> [178] Got magical ice cubes
[179] Mix 1 Typical Tavern swill + 1 magical ice cubes [0,0,0]
     o> Drank 1 blended frozen swill (10 adventures gained) [2,2,30]
[180-186] Boss Bat's Lair [11,10,25]
[187] Outskirts of The Knob [0,0,0]
     #> [187] Semirare: Lunchboxing
     +> [187] Got coconut shell
20 turns of delicious meat collecting, capped by a semi-rare. Yummy. Now what? I figure I should work on opening the tower, so that I have a food source for tomorrow.

[188-190] Pre-Cyrpt Cemetary [1,5,8]
     %> [188] Badmoon: What Do We Want?
     +> [190] Got skeleton bone, skeleton bone
[191] Boss Bat's Lair [2,0,5]
     +> [191] Got Boss Bat bandana
[192] Pre-Cyrpt Cemetary [1,0,3]
Find the grave on the first turn, but of course have no shovel. I was going to save the bat for later, but was convinced by rereading the hellevator thread that it wasn't worth setting the MCD to get the britches, so I off the bat and collect some more meat.

I'm running out of turns for the day, and I still haven't used my pixie buff, so I figure I'll go try and collect the harem outfit with it. Yes, I know...I should have used it somewhere earlier for better stats. That was a mistake.

[193-195] Knob Goblin Harem [8,2,4]
     +> [194] Got Knob Goblin harem veil
     +> [195] Got magical ice cubes
     o> Drank 1 Mad Train wine (4 adventures gained) [0,0,0]
     o> Drank 1 ice-cold Sir Schlitz (1 adventures gained) [0,0,0]
     o> Drank 1 ice-cold Willer (1 adventures gained) [0,0,0]
     o> Drank 1 thermos full of Knob coffee (7 adventures gained) [6,6,5]
[196] Mix 1 Typical Tavern swill + 1 magical ice cubes [0,0,0]
     o> Drank 1 blended frozen swill (10 adventures gained) [2,2,26]
[197] Mix 1 Typical Tavern swill + 1 coconut shell [0,0,0]
     o> Drank 1 tropical swill (10 adventures gained) [30,3,2]
Get the veil from a non-com, then realize I don't have to use the buff today -- I can bank it for tomorrow. Overdrink.

This was a mistake too -- 10 more turns and I would have gotten another FoB monster (none of which have beat me up today), which would be much better food than what I would be farming tomorrow. Ah well.

Plan for tomorrow:
- Check the calendar and consider doing the DD in the middle of the day if the tests look passable.
- Go to the cemetery and use remaining turns of the hella smooth buff to farm a shovel -- I don't see anywhere that's open to me that I can take advantage of the buff to survive, so I might as well take advantage of the +item drop.
- Once the buff is expired, begin shoring to open the island, as I need a hippy outfit to make booze.
- While I'm waiting for the shore counter to tick down, go farm fruit, brains, and dough at the ruins, or boxen and base booze at the fun house. Will probably eat more sandwiches.
- When beaten up, go to the haiku dungeon to farm a bugbear outfit or the tavern for lenses.
- Once I have food and drink for the day, try to get the 4k meat adventure from South of the Border, then bank adventures.

Questions:
- I don't foresee the pixie buff allowing me to adventure anywhere far above my level tomorrow, and I feel like getting my boxen and diet set up are more important than a few stats, so I'm thinking I will use the smooth buff in the beginning or middle of the day to help with farming tasks. Is there something I'm missing?
- Should I make my LEW, or only if clownosity falls into my lap?

phel
Pie in the Sky

Post by phel » Fri Feb 26, 2010 9:04 pm

This run looks to be shaping up quite nicely; I'd be plenty happy with what you've accomplished so far, and with the same goals. Don't worry about bouncing around; to me, it means I'm thinking and rethinking from being unsure what's best in the circumstances, and that makes me happy.

Consider putting off the DD until you've collected a couple of skeleton keys; use NO's calendar to check for multi-door days. I usually only try it on days with two doors; in any event, the DD can wait until later. Why risk not passing a test? While you're on that page, check the bounty, too. Don't forget to check the first chest for a sprout, and skip the second.

I can't say why others go to the cemetery on Day 2, but I'd go there to open the tower ruins when I could. Others might be there to open the battlefield. Your turn there early was actually pretty productive, since you pickpocketed a skull. That would be a good use of hella smooth (for another, a shovel, or for brains) -- and remember that the tower ruins are more survivable than the cemetery.

Consider holding off on the haiku dungeon for the outfit until you're finished with the fun house, since the outfit can drop there. LEW isn't critical, but I'd take it if I was close; that +moxie is hard to replicate and you might use that weapon right to the war.

Also, have a think about a few other things: have you gotten your bean yet? Burritos make decent food if you have some spare spices. Have you set the hellevator at all? If you haven't picked up a frilly skirt, maybe take a mullet at the grove, and try for the hippy outfit on the road?

jcowley
Pie of the Sky

Post by jcowley » Sat Feb 27, 2010 5:34 am

Another good day, you clearly know what you're doing.

Key lime pie is still greatness in kittycore, especially if you look for the forest, hippy and other great bounties. You're going to get probably more than 6 or so limes and cherrys from farming them, which when compared with general fruit pie is 66 advs better, plus all them stats.
I forgot to say, whilst saving the forest for beaten up is good, saving it for a bounty is 10 times better.

Like I think I said previously, the styx buff is for +items primarily, and there would be absolutely nothing wrong with using it for boxen and everything else you need like the shovel, smart skulls, brains.

More sandwiches tommorow wouldn't be so bad; once you stop eating them, your offstats rocket up back to normal levels, especially with the upcoming muscle days. Banking for them is a good idea too, more HP is great as a fumble-prone moxie class.

The moxie LEWs are nice, but skippable; I'd work for it if you got 3 or 4 clownosity on the way to your boxes, otherwise, you can leave this.

Hippy outfit is good for schnapps, but as you are still without liver it's not so important; keep visiting the barrels for booze every day, even with a bartender. You get more things to turn into ACs, and in BM you're at a danger of having your bartender explode. Farming drinks, rather than crafting pure schnapps every day, delays or stops this explosion and a waste of adventures making booze or even drinking rubbish booze.

Don't underestimate the DD, the offstat tests are a real pain in BM, especially when you've been relying on hell food.

Keep it up, I'll make a note to come back daily and give you more advice, if you'd like it. Seems like you're going to be able to do a HCNP Sauce lead in if you keep this pace up. Nice work!

Kelemvor
AFH

Post by Kelemvor » Sat Feb 27, 2010 1:35 pm

Day 3 feels pretty good. Solidly ahead of all three of my references (13-day guide, 13-day log, 14-day log) -- hope I can keep this pace up.

===Day 3===
Adventure count at day start: 71
Current meat: 1079

[199-203] Pre-Cyrpt Cemetary [5,9,21]
     +> [200] Got smart skull
     +> [201] Got magical ice cubes
Following the plan I laid out at the end of yesterday's log. Cat bats away a smart skull on turn 1 -- not a good omen for the day. Pickpocket a skull on turn 2, which will turn into my chef. Suck it, cat!

[204-206] Moxie Vacation [0,0,0]
     +> [206] Got barbed-wire fence
[207-221] Pre-Cyrpt Cemetary [26,19,59]
     +> [209] Got loose teeth
     +> [210] Got magical ice cubes
     +> [217] Got smart skull
     +> [218] Got grave robbing shovel
As planned, begin shoring to open the island, so that I can access the fruit stand, then back to the cemetary to get the shovel. Decided not to use my hella smooth buff here.

Kitty was very mean here -- on one fight I lost 2 skeleton bones and loose teeth, and she batted away items on 3-4 consecutive fights. I was hoping to collect skeleton keys for possible DD adventuring, but I suppose I can put that off.

[222-232] Fernswarthy's Ruins [12,17,19]
     %> [228] Badmoon: Mind the Fine Print
     o> Used 1 Manual of Dexterity [0,0,20]
     o> Ate 1 tube of cranberry Go-Goo (6 adventures gained) [0,0,30]
     => Level 6 (Turn 226)! (13/13/29)
Wasn't really sure how long I should spend here. What's my goal? Brains? The manual? Fruit for food/booze? All of the above? I decide maybe I should attempt the friars' quest with hella smooth, when I get the vulnerable to hot BM adventure. Guess I'm not going to the friars' until that runs out at least.

I'm starting to run low on adventures, and I'm trying to wean myself off hell food so that I can keep my HP at more manageable levels, so I'm thinking I should try and farm up some booze to make delicious ACs. If I can get a second box for a chef, so much the better.

[233-235] Fun House [7,4,7]
     +> [233] Got box
     +> [235] Got bottle of tequila, bottle of whiskey
[236-240] Typical Tavern [-10,62,63]
     %> [239] Badmoon: Because Stereotypes Are Awesome
     +> [239] Got leprechaun hatchling
     +> [240] Got beer lens, beer lens
Get a box and my booze quickly, which gives me the ability to make 2 ACs. I decide to work on a bartender next. 5-drunk lenses. Is that bad? Feels pretty crappy.

[241] Fernswarthy's Ruins [1,1,2]
[242-244] Muscle Vacation [0,0,0]
     +> [244] Got stick of dynamite
[245-247] Mysticality Vacation [0,0,0]
     +> [247] Got little paper umbrella, little paper umbrella, little paper umbrella
[248-250] Fernswarthy's Ruins [5,9,12]
     +> [250] Got bartender-in-the-box, disembodied brain
     o> Drank 1 calle de miel (13 adventures gained) [9,0,27]
Oh right, I'm still missing brains. Shore counter is up, and I only shored once last time, so I do myst, hoping to get lucky with a tower item again. 3 garnishes is almost as good. Pick up my bartender and drink my first AC.

[251] Fun House [1,2,6]
     +> [251] Got bottle of rum, bottle of vodka
[252-257] Fernswarthy's Ruins [11,9,21]
     +> [257] Got disembodied brain
     o> Drank 1 perpendicular hula (13 adventures gained) [0,0,36]
Head back to the fun house to get some more booze; with the 5 drunk from the tavern, my third AC of the day will be my nightcap. Next order of business is getting my chef up.

[258-259] Fun House [6,0,7]
     +> [259] Got box
[260-264] Degrassi Knoll [2,8,6]
     +> [264] Got Gnollish toolbox, chef-in-the-box
Chef is up. Not sure what should be next on my priority list. I'm starting to think about banking, but I still need to use my pixie buff and get full. I figure I'll use the pixie buff on the friars, which are the hardest place I can survive (and I can't survive without the buff), plus should give me items I can sell so that I can fund my final shore trips.

[265-274] Dark Heart of the Woods [29,16,66]
[275-276] Fun House [4,3,7]
The friars are hard to survive, even with my buff. I'm giving strong consideration to getting my LEW, but then I remember that my plan was to get full, get the 4k adventure, and bank. Looking over my food options, burritos seem like the best available food, so I head off to farm up some beans.

[277-279] Beanbat Chamber [6,8,10]
     +> [277] Got enchanted bean
     o> Ate 2 Knob pasty (13 adventures gained) [11,11,10]
     o> Ate 1 lemon meringue pie (8 adventures gained) [9,0,0]
     o> Ate 2 spicy enchanted bean burrito (17 adventures gained) [0,48,0]
Nom nom nom.

[280-288] South of the Border [2,8,13]
     +> [280] Got pickle-flavored chewing gum, tamarind-flavored chewing gum
     +> [283] Got bottle of tequila
     +> [284] Got jabanero-flavored chewing gum
     +> [285] Got handsomeness potion
     +> [287] Got mariachi G-string
     %> [288] Badmoon: The Beaten-Senseless Man's Hand
Shore counter is up, and I want the island open for tomorrow's AC making, but I don't have enough meat, so I go looking for the border adventure. In retrospect, I probably should have done this before farming my food for the day -- I had plenty of adventures and there was a chance I'd pick up some jumping beans here, obviating the need to get enchanted beans.

At this point I have 51 adventures, and was planning to bank to remove beaten up, but I figure I can knock out my shore trips, which I'll want to do first thing tomorrow anyway to open the island.

[289-291] Mysticality Vacation [0,0,0]
     +> [291] Got tropical orchid
[292-294] Moxie Vacation [0,0,16]
I got lucky on the first shore trip and knocked out my fence, so now I have a free shore trip. Only question is, which sign? Muscle might get me anti-cheese, which would be handy if I need a goat for the tower, but moxie has mainstat garnishes plus +moxie shirt. I go for that, but get stats instead. Oh well.

[295] Unlucky Sewer [0,0,0]
     +> [295] Got worthless knick-knack
[296-308] Fun House [15,28,40]
     +> [299] Got bottle of gin
     +> [302] Got disease
     +> [303] Got box
     +> [307] Got box
[309-310] Fernswarthy's Ruins [2,2,4]
[311-340] Dark Elbow of the Woods [84,82,146]
     o> Drank 1 horizontal tango (12 adventures gained) [0,36,0]
Grabbed a trinket and opened the island (forgetting that I still need a hippy outfit to actually buy fruit, doh!), then decided to take a stab at getting liver today. It's a longshot with just 45 adventures left, though.

In hindsight, this was probably a mistake -- I spent way too many adventures with just 2 clownosity trying to get my LEW since I was worried about survival in the friars, then spent a couple adventures in the ruins looking for a brain to make a maid (since I got the wig earlier and have a bunch of smart skulls left over) before remembering that I can't use the maid until after the barrr, then decided to give the friars a shot anyway, and turned out I could survive in the lowest area on just hair spray and occasional ailment ointment.

30 adventures with no quest item. bleh. Overdrink and call it a day.

Plan for tomorrow:
- grab Hella Smooth and do the friar's, neck first to get the ruby W. If I get it before the buff runs out, try for brains to get a maid.
- get liver.
- if that goes quickly, open the white citadel.
- drinks will be AC ingredients that I have on hand, plus perhaps some white lightning from opening the grove.
- food will hopefully include some pies but will likely be mostly hell food. I may switch to burgers since I don't really have much use for mysticality.
- if I get beaten up, go to the forest to finish the bounty, so that I can take advantage of a hippy bounty if one comes.
- I have a fair amount of back-questing to do (harem, pixels, white citadel), so I'm going to put off making my LEW until at least day 5, and maybe day 6.

Oh, I almost forgot -- I also picked up Lust today, to help with pickpocketing. I'm thinking I'll probably want wrath in a few days, but we'll see. Otherwise I don't plan on picking up any skills until MLS, and then funkslinging for the shadow.

jcowley
Pie of the Sky

Post by jcowley » Sat Feb 27, 2010 5:33 pm

Kelemvor wrote: Plan for tomorrow:
- grab Hella Smooth and do the friar's, neck first to get the ruby W. If I get it before the buff runs out, try for brains to get a maid.
This sounds good, you sometimes miss a ruby W in these runs. And not so sure about maid, but for daycount, go ahead. If you don't have a frilly skirt or maiden wig though, which I think is the case... skip that.
- get liver.
Yes, this can be done at any time so long as you keep an eye on your adventure count.
- if that goes quickly, open the white citadel.
Yep, grabbing a mullet wig if you can. In fact, I'd be tempted to say do this first, then use hella smooth on the hippy outfit rather than the friars.
- drinks will be AC ingredients that I have on hand, plus perhaps some white lightning from opening the grove.
Sure, but white lightning, remember, should be used before places like the barrels, and anywhere you don't need items.

- food will hopefully include some pies but will likely be mostly hell food. I may switch to burgers since I don't really have much use for mysticality.
Gaining moxie much outweighs losing muscle! But try for key lime pies, if you can get a lucre in. No rush though.
- if I get beaten up, go to the forest to finish the bounty, so that I can take advantage of a hippy bounty if one comes.
Ah, waiting for a hippy bounty. Clever, but you'll need fruit soon, so keep this in mind.
- I have a fair amount of back-questing to do (harem, pixels, white citadel), so I'm going to put off making my LEW until at least day 5, and maybe day 6.
you're past the LEW... I don't think there's much need to go back for it. You're managing, right? Remember the trapper's weapon will be a good replacement in a few days, so hold in there.
Oh, I almost forgot -- I also picked up Lust today, to help with pickpocketing. I'm thinking I'll probably want wrath in a few days, but we'll see. Otherwise I don't plan on picking up any skills until MLS, and then funkslinging for the shadow.
Lust is awesome; to counteract it, I got disco fever at level 11. When you go from dealing 5 to 16 damage per round, you reduce a lot of fumble and monster crit deaths, which is optimal, and you'll save a few hours of RL time. other than that, MLS and funkslinging, yep and yep; you might have meat for nimble fingers, which if gotten early enough will pay itself off, plus if you do the nuns it'll be good there.

More goodness! You're keeping it up very nicely kelevmor, keep it going, it's fun to read :)

phel
Pie in the Sky

Post by phel » Sun Feb 28, 2010 12:45 am

You're doing great! Jcow makes a lot of appropriate comments. I generally agree.

I'd suggest getting liver straight away; generally if you can survive the first area, your stat gains will let you survive the other two. I wouldn't use hella smooth there though as Ws are pretty common drops. Maybe only for your last 10 turns there, if you haven't gotten one yet, or not at all.

Immediately thereafter I'd suggest the hippy outfit should be your next priority. Then, you can decide whether to farm limes, or just concentrate on levelling and quests.

If all you need for a maid is brains, do the math: how many turns will it take to get? Will you also need to pick up a briefcase? How many rollover turns will you gain?

I generally don't go out of my way for a rabbit's foot -- but if I have the glider will finish that quest -- though +items is always good to have. Don't forget KGE drops for critical items.

Kelemvor
AFH

Post by Kelemvor » Sun Feb 28, 2010 1:34 am

Day 4, still pretty happy with my pacing.

===Day 4===
Adventure count at day start: 52
Current meat: 1714

o> Used 1 Manual of Dexterity [0,0,40]
[341-346] Dark Elbow of the Woods [27,14,28]
     +> [346] Got eldritch butterknife
[347-352] Dark Heart of the Woods [8,10,31]
     +> [352] Got box of birthday candles
[353-363] Dark Neck of the Woods [43,14,41]
     +> [354] Got wussiness potion
     +> [362] Got dodecagram
Plan is to save the remaining manual uses until my stat day. Elbow finally finishes, then a quick heart. Grab my pixie buff, but don't farm a Ruby W -- cat bats one away. Bad kitty! Bad bad! I decide not to complete the friars' quest, to increase my chances of seeing W Imps to farm that W.

[364] Haunted Pantry [0,0,0]
     #> [364] Semirare: The Pilsbury Doughjerk
[365-366] Fernswarthy's Ruins [3,2,4]
     +> [366] Got disembodied brain
     o> Ate 1 Brimstone Chicken Sandwich (5 adventures gained) [-27,0,26]
Grab my semirare and pick up some brains, which I'll use for a maid (I have a frilly skirt and a maiden wig already), but not until I finish the Barrr. Still need my W, then it'll be time to work on getting liver.

[367-371] Dark Neck of the Woods [13,12,25]
     +> [371] Got ruby W
[372-381] Friar's Gate [36,15,38]
     +> [373] Got coconut shell
     +> [381] Got Azazel's unicorn
I'm starting to run low on adventures, so I need to think about my diet for the day. I'd like to drink +moxie ACs if I can, so that means I need a hippy outfit. I actually would have gone here as soon as I got the W, but I had a bunch of turns of hair spray remaining, and I figured I'd work on liver so as not to waste them.

[382-385] Whitey's Grove [7,12,16]
     +> [383] Got lion oil
     => Level 7 (Turn 382)! (22/24/40)
[386-387] White Citadel [13,5,12]
[388-393] Barrel Full of Barrels [0,0,0]
     o> Drank 1 fuzzbump (10 adventures gained) [43,0,0]
     o> Drank 1 roll in the hay (12 adventures gained) [0,34,0]
A 10% drop rate on hippy parts does not look promising, so I drink some ACs with what I have on hand while I work on farming the outfit.

[394-406] White Citadel [148,55,42]
     +> [403] Got filthy knitted dread sack
[407-408] Hippy Camp [9,2,5]
Kitty bats away one dread sack, but I get another. I switched over to the hippy camp because I got tired of getting non-business hippy combats, but I didn't realize the drop rate on those hippies was even lower. I do pp a hemp string, though -- my plan is to visit the hellevator once the bonerdagon is up but before I do the goblin king, so that I have two chances to set the hellevator to something that will get me a nice drop. It'll be really nice to get the bonerdagon necklace.

[409-419] White Citadel [94,14,64]
     o> Ate 1 Brimstone Chicken Sandwich (5 adventures gained) [-25,0,25]
     o> Ate 1 chorizo taco (2 adventures gained) [5,0,0]
     o> Ate 1 spooky shroomkabob (2 adventures gained) [0,0,11]
     o> Ate 1 strawberry pie (4 adventures gained) [0,0,8]
     o> Ate 3 tasty tart (15 adventures gained) [23,16,17]
Lots of muscle noncoms, no filthy cords. Running low on adventures again; filling up on food gives me more of a buffer.

[420-421] Friar's Gate [11,6,10]
[422] Beanbat Chamber [2,3,1]
[423-432] Friar's Gate [26,34,53]
     +> [430] Got Azazel's lollipop
Grab an enchanted bean, just so when I'm looking over my food options in mafia, it shows up. Spend a bunch of time working on the gate.

[433] White Citadel [3,1,4]
     +> [433] Got filthy corduroys
     o> Drank 1 Imp Ale (1 adventures gained) [12,0,-16]
     o> Drank 1 a little sump'm sump'm (14 adventures gained) [0,26,10]
FINALLY, finished the hippy outfit. Unfortunately, I summoned all coconut shells today, so I'll have to settle for ACs that are only a little +moxie. Drink up to 14.

[434-441] Friar's Gate [27,23,40]
     +> [441] Got Azazel's tutu
[442-443] Spooky Forest [2,0,2]
     +> [443] Got spices
[444-446] Haunted Pantry [6,1,3]
[447-457] Haunted Billiards Room [28,10,28]
     +> [447] Got pool cue
[458] Friar's Gate [0,0,0]
     +> [458] Got steel margarita
Got the last Azazel item, then figured I'd go make progress elsewhere and come back for the margarita. Start with the forest to finish the bounty, but then realize that now that I have the hippy outfit and hemp string, I don't really want to do a hippy bounty anymore, and so can finish my current bounty next time I get beaten up and have nowhere to go. So, I'll go work on spookyraven...except that I haven't even opened the manor yet. Ha!

Billiards room isn't too bad, as the stench damage from the hippy disguise makes short work of the chalkdust wraiths, and I grab my liver. Now the challenge is going to be filling my liver every day! I suppose that's a good problem to have.

[459-463] Knob Goblin Harem [9,11,13]
Finish the day working on the goblin quest. Kitty steals some perfume. Boo!

Plan for tomorrow:
- grab the pixie buff and hit the library.
- if I can survive, do the defiled nook and cranny to get the stat noncoms. Try to get near safe moxie for farming pirate outfit, so that I can get rum for ACs.
- if the nook/cranny are too tough, get the whitey's grove BM adventure and open the dod. If still too tough, 8-bit realm.
- Diet will be mainly fruit pies and ACs; will also hit up the KGE captain when my semirare comes due.

phel
Pie in the Sky

Post by phel » Sun Feb 28, 2010 5:02 pm

You're nicely on pace for an easy 12 day run; 11 days is within reach with some favourable randomisation. You've hit what I consider to be all the preliminary goals, with the exception of the zap wand and keys (you do have the bugbear costume, right?).

You needn't worry about wasting hair spray -- I run it just about 100% of the time as a moxie class as soon as I can afford it. It's by far one of the best uses of meat in-run.

Remember that the crypt minibosses always appear after the noncom (at least once), so even if you're not ready for them, you can start those zones, switching out once each noncom is drawn.

Aside from council quests and general levelling, my midrange goals usually include mining outfit (maybe use mining/DD turns for teleportitis?), pirate outfit/fledges, and opening the ballroom. Keep up the good work.

Kelemvor
AFH

Post by Kelemvor » Mon Mar 01, 2010 4:19 pm

11 days would be awesome (although would mean not getting my second stat day in, sadness). I do have my bugbear outfit already. Day 5 log coming.

Kelemvor
AFH

Post by Kelemvor » Mon Mar 01, 2010 8:16 pm

Felt like I got some pretty good RNG on day 5.

===Day 5===
Current meat: 1470

[464-469] Defiled Cranny [43,25,43]
     +> [469] Got coconut shell
[470-471] Defiled Nook [2,3,52]
     +> [470] Got skeleton bone, smart skull
[472-476] Pirate Cove [15,15,23]
     +> [472] Got swashbuckling pants
     +> [473] Got stuffed shoulder parrot
Day starts off as planned, hitting the nook and cranny for the nice stat noncoms. I'm running low on base booze, so I'm eager to to go farm some rum. Grab the styx pixie buff and head to the pirate cove, only to realize a few adventures in that the cove pirates don't drop rum, and I'm well short of the safe moxie needed to farm rum in the barrr. Oops!

Will spend the rest of the buff in the library, looking for an AFUE scroll and the upstairs unlock. If I can get to level 8 today, I'll try to farm whiskey in the goatlet; if not, I'll see how much white lightning I get. Barrels as a fallback.

[477-488] Haunted Library [68,36,77]
     +> [477] Got inkwell
[489-491] Spooky Forest [0,0,0]
     +> [489] Got spices
     +> [491] Got spices
Got beat up; went looking to finish my bounty. Got three noncoms in a row, but hey, spices. I'm starting to get nervous about running out of adventures, and I'll need lots of meat soon to get my zap wand, so I'll try for white lightning and my 5k BM adventures at the grove.

[492] Whitey's Grove [0,0,0]
     %> [492] Badmoon: A White Lie
Oookay, no white lightning for me.

[493-502] Knob Goblin Harem [17,12,43]
     +> [494] Got Knob Goblin harem pants
     +> [500] Got Cobb's Knob lab key
     o> Drank 1 calle de miel (11 adventures gained) [12,0,27]
I'm looking ahead to the tasks I want to do today, and I'm going to need higher moxie for them. The daily dungeon looks good, so I'm going to go there and hopefully get some breath spray, but I'd also like to set up the goblin king so that I have the option of getting the cape if I don't get breath spray (assuming the hellevator cooperates). Do some adventuring to collect harem parts, but I'm getting nervous about running low on adventures, so I'm going to hit the barrels for mixed drinks to garnish.

[503-508] Barrel Full of Barrels [3,4,1]
[509] Spooky Forest [2,1,3]
     +> [509] Got filthy lucre
[510] Barrel Full of Barrels [0,0,0]
     +> [510] Got bottle of vodka
[511] 8-Bit Realm [0,1,4]
     o> Ate 3 strawberry pie (20 adventures gained) [0,0,28]
Mimics are now no problem, but meat is, so I gamble on not healing, and get beat up. Work it off finishing my lucre, getting some base booze, and starting pixel farming; I have my food for the day (fruit pies) and can make all my ACs, so now I want to do today's daily dungeon.

[512-517] Daily Dungeon [0,0,0]
     +> [514] Got potato sprout
     +> [517] Got Jarlsberg's key
Hm, interesting. No breath spray, but 6 turns to get a potato sprout and a legend key is pretty sweet. I had just one skeleton key, and it lasted me 3 doors. Yay!

[518-519] 8-Bit Realm [4,2,6]
     o> Drank 1 slip 'n' slide (10 adventures gained) [43,0,0]
     o> Drank 1 snifter of thoroughly aged brandy (4 adventures gained) [0,8,0]
     o> Ate 1 strawberry pie (4 adventures gained) [0,0,10]
Got beaten up by the last test, so work it off here. Kitty is going to drive me batty (get it? hahaha!) when I get around to farming pixels later. I'm strong enough to survive the library now, especially with an infernal fife doing double hot damage, so I go there to farm brandy and open upstairs.

[520-527] Haunted Library [34,27,55]
     o> Drank 1 ducha de oro (14 adventures gained) [12,26,0]
     o> Drank 1 white Canadian (6 adventures gained) [12,0,0]
[528-537] Defiled Niche [56,46,87]
[538] Haunted Library [0,0,0]
Bounce around a little here; I remember that I can survive the niche if I grab the phylactery from the non-com, so I do that to level up a bit. Come back and unlock upstairs on the first try. I briefly consider taking the gallery quest unlock (since it's the right non-com), since with the kitty, my ability to farm dance cards will be very poor and it might be better to powerlevel in the gallery, but I'm not excited about having to wait around some more to unlock upstairs, so I take the unlock.

Kelemvor smash (stairs)!

I was kinda hoping to farm some brandy here, since I'm a little worried about my bartender blowing up before the run ends, but the kitty bats three brandies into the sewer. Jerk.

[539-546] Greater-Than Sign [18,23,8]
     +> [541] Got plus sign
[547] White Citadel [0,30,0]
[548] Greater-Than Sign [0,0,0]
[549-551] Barrel Full of Barrels [0,0,0]
     +> [549] Got bottle of gin
     +> [550] Got bottle of tequila
     +> [551] Got bottle of tequila
I consider banking 60 some-odd adventures here, then realize today is a muscle stat day. By the time my mainstat days roll around, I should have lots of AC ingredients (rum and whiskey, maybe some gin from palindome), fruit from the hippy store, and a bugbear outfit to make pies -- I ought to be able to generate enough adventures to bank fully for stat day 1 in no more than 3 days, so I can play all my turns today to take advantage of increased muscle (for more damage and hp), then slowly build up more adventures to bank for my stat day.

So, that decision made, I next look at what I can accomplish. I'd still like to farm AC ingredients if I can, but I'm too low level for the cove and I'm not level 8 yet, so can't access the goatlet. I figure I'll open the DoD, and burn off teleportitis turns getting base booze in the barrels. This goes smoothly.

I did make a minor mistake, though -- since I will probably be able to unlock the goatlet or survive the barrr at some point tomorrow, I could have burned teleportitis attempting to set the hellevator to #7 for the goblin king.

[552] Heartbreaker's Hotel [0,0,0]
[553] Knob Goblin Harem [2,1,4]
[554] Knob Goblin Kitchens [4,5,14]
     #> [554] Semirare: Knob Goblin Elite Guard Captain
[555-556] Knob Goblin Harem [5,11,9]
     +> [556] Got Knob Goblin perfume
Next, I'd like to get my zap wand (especially since I have 2 stuffed parrots and no eyepatch), but I only have about 3k meat. I had wanted to save the goblin king until I can do the bonerdagon, so that I can have a higher chance of getting a hellevator number that I want (7 or 10), but that might be a couple days away, and I need meat now. Luckily, I set the elevator at the right number on the first try, so my mistake only costs me one turn, and maybe less, if that base booze comes in handy before I get to the goatlet/barrr. Better lucky than good!

(Side note: I was originally thinking of using my meat to get Wrath, since my combats are often getting up into the 20-round range, but I'd rather get my wand a day or two early and possibly have the option of getting Disco Fever later.)

Hit my semi-rare, and kitty steals my pants! Grrr! I suppose it's more soda for me. Luckily, I don't need that much MP -- ailment ointment is a bit expensive, but I'm not healing all that much (yet). If it becomes a problem later, I'll consider spending another semi-rare on it, but I'm guessing I won't miss it too much (knock on wood). Autosell some stuff and just barely hit 5k, so I'll go grab my zap wand today.

[557-561] Dungeons of Doom [23,12,29]
     +> [561] Got dead mimic
Breathe a HUGE sigh of relief when I remember that the cat could have batted away my dead mimic, but didn't.

[562-564] Knob Goblin Treasury [10,9,16]
I'm still too low level to open the goatlet or try my hand at the barrr, so I figure I'll try to farm my last KGE outfit piece; plus the meat from the noncoms at the Treasury will be very useful, since i'm at 13 meat right now. That's before I realize how stupid-low the drop rates are on the outfit pieces. Man, f that. F that right in the face. I'll think about coming back to farm an outfit piece if there's a treasury bounty, but even then I'm thinking it's not worth it.

Decide I can solve my meat problem by doing some more autoselling. Hey, I've got 5 harem veils and only one pants. Haha, RNG, very funny! Hahahaha...POW! Punch in the face!

[565-580] Dungeons of Doom [85,110,86]
[581] King's Chamber [13,7,19]
     +> [581] Got Cape of the Goblin King
     o> Drank 2 fine wine (3 adventures gained) [0,0,9]
     o> Ate 1 spooky stir-fry (7 adventures gained) [0,0,16]
[582] Heartbreaker's Hotel [0,0,0]
Farm up all my potions, identify 5 of the 9 including drunkenness, while leveling up moxie to the point where I feel comfortable taking on the king. It took me forever to get the first perfume, so I don't particularly want to get beaten up and have to get another. Fight goes fine.

I considered leaving the MCD, but I'm worried about not being able to handle the pirate fights tomorrow or the crypt minibosses today. Possibly a mistake.

[583] Pirate Cove [0,0,0]
     +> [583] Got eyepatch
Use my zap wand, but it turns my extra pair of swashbuckling pants into an extra stuffed shoulder parrot. Luckily, first adventure back in the cove gets me the noncom for the eyepatch.

Figure I'll go work on the crypt, since I can get to safe moxie for some of the minibosses now. My plan is to try for a dgw, and then go to the nook if I get enough fights in to level up to safe moxie.

[584] Defiled Nook [0,0,43]
[585-588] Defiled Alcove [26,17,35]
     +> [586] Got rusty grave robbing shovel
[589-595] Defiled Nook [50,32,69]
     +> [589] Got loose teeth, loose teeth
     +> [591] Got loose teeth
     +> [592] Got skeleton bone
     +> [593] Got smart skull
     +> [594] Got skeleton bone, smart skull
     +> [595] Got skeleton bone
     o> Drank 1 a little sump'm sump'm (11 adventures gained) [0,25,10]
Woo hoo! Got my dgw on the first turn. Didn't have safe moxie for the nook boss, so spent some time in the alcove getting there, then nook to the skeleton boss and whack him. Overdrink. Remember with 2 minutes to rollover that I didn't get a blessing today; grab burrito's blessing.

Plan for tomorrow:
- Use styx buff in the barrr, trying to get the map, so that I can use my frilly skirt, then make a maid.
- If I don't have enough base booze, open the goatlet; otherwise, just work on the crypt.

Alternate plan for tomorrow:
- Finish the crypt, do the goatlet without the styx pixie buff. If I get enough moxie to hit the barrr, great, otherwise put off making the maid until tomorrow (4 turngen not a big deal).
- Make the daily dungeon a priority, unless it looks really bad.
- Get the styx buff and burrito's blessing at the end of the day, spend 20 turns farming cherries/limes, then bank. I think I'm leaning towards this plan.

Questions:
- Should I bank adventures for the myst day? Myst doesn't seem that important, but seems better than nothing, and I can't really think of anything that would help reduce daycount if I did it earlier, except maybe getting to 12 to eat war food.
- Speaking of food, I'm also considering the guide's tactic of farming limes to make key lime pies, especially now that I have a zap wand and so have a good chance of getting a mainstat key in the next two days (even if I don't, I already have one key). I figure that I have at least 5 days left to go (probably more like 7-8, but at least 5), and if I wait until the end of the next day so that I can use the pixie buff twice while olfaction is running, I'll have four days where I could replace fruit pies with key lime pies, a gain of 8 adventures per pie (ignoring roundoff from unequal fullness). That means that if I can farm up just 5 limes in 4 adventures, I'll break even (inflating turncount, yes, but I only care about daycount), and that's not counting cherries.

On the other hand, there's the opportunity cost of two days' worth of styx buffs and a lucre. Thoughts on whether this is worth doing?

phel
Pie in the Sky

Post by phel » Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:47 pm

Myst will help you, uh, let's see, put on your fledges earlier.

I'll be very impressed if you can get 5 limes to drop in 4 adventures. Should be more than doable in 40 though even with the kitty. Since you expect a positive return on adventures -- plus stat gains and meat saving -- by doing limes, it sounds worth the investment.

Kelemvor
AFH

Post by Kelemvor » Tue Mar 02, 2010 1:27 am

I decide to go with the KLP-farming plan, even though today's DD is pretty terrible (only one locked door). I consider zapping Jarlsberg's key, but decide not to, in case it turns into a non-key -- the goal for today is to eat some delicious key lime pies, then bank my turns of On the Trail for another round of pixie buff/blessing.

===Day 6===
Current meat: 60

[596-599] Defiled Alcove [15,11,20]
     +> [599] Got loose teeth
     o> Drank 1 slap and tickle (10 adventures gained) [0,10,25]
     => Level 8 (Turn 598)! (39/36/53)
[600-609] Itznotyerzitz Mine [36,25,57]
     +> [600] Got miner's helmet
[610] Heartbreaker's Hotel [0,0,0]
[611-613] Itznotyerzitz Mine [9,15,16]
     +> [612] Got miner's pants
     +> [613] Got 7-Foot Dwarven mattock
Level up to 8, farm the mining gear. Realize halfway through that I have plenty of moxie to survive the mine and the goatlet, so might as well try setting the hellevator to 10, for the bonerdagon. Even if I don't get it, having some extra ML for this part will be nice, and it'll increase my chances of getting the 10 later.

[614-622] Itznotyerzitz Mine (in Disguise) [0,0,0]
[623-651] Goatlet [110,113,225]
     +> [625] Got bottle of whiskey
     +> [627] Got goat cheese
     +> [628] Got bottle of whiskey
     +> [629] Got goat cheese
     +> [634] Got glass of goat's milk
     +> [635] Got glass of goat's milk, goat cheese
     +> [636] Got bottle of whiskey
     +> [639] Got goat cheese
     +> [640] Got bottle of whiskey
     +> [646] Got bottle of whiskey
     +> [650] Got goat cheese
     +> [651] Got goat cheese, odor extractor
     o> Ate 2 goat cheese pizza (15 adventures gained) [0,0,34]
     o> Drank 1 rum and cola (5 adventures gained) [0,0,10]
Asbestos ore means I'm actually hitting for a reasonable amount of damage, which is nice. Dairy goats go reasonably well, with the kitty batting away only one cheese, and I manage to farm up 4 whiskey in the process. I'm a little concerned about my upcoming booze plans -- it feels wasteful to be drinking mixed drinks, but I suppose I can't do too much better for a while (flat champagne and cream stout?). I guess I'll deal with that when the time comes.

[652-671] Menagerie 1 [64,75,150]
     +> [652] Got lime
     +> [656] Got lime
     +> [659] Got lime
     +> [670] Got lime
     o> Ate 2 Jarlsberg's key lime pie (27 adventures gained) [0,59,0]
     o> Drank 1 ducha de oro (14 adventures gained) [9,26,0]
     o> Drank 1 fine wine (1 adventures gained) [0,0,5]
     o> Drank 1 fuzzbump (10 adventures gained) [36,0,0]
     o> Drank 1 old-fashioned (8 adventures gained) [0,9,0]
     *> [652] Started hunting Fruit Golem
Made a mistake here and grabbed my pixie buff and blessing before finding a fruit golem to sniff, but it works out ok as I find the golem on the first turn. 4 limes and 5 cherries in my first 20 adventures -- I ought to have no trouble breaking even, and I might come out a good bit ahead. If I can get a Sneaky Pete key tomorrow, I'll be sitting pretty for food.

Also had a free zap today, so used it on an old-fashioned, hoping for one of the moxie drinks, but got sangria instead. Feh.

Pretty boring day 6; banked 67 adventures plus whatever I get from my nightcap that I'll probably try and roll over into the next day, to get lots of turns on my myst day. Mmmm, pirate fledges!

Plan for tomorrow:
- finish farming limes and cherries, finish the crypt, start on the barrr. Consider setting the ballroom song before the barrr, if I can survive. Bank adventures for the myst day, unless I can think of some compelling reason not to.

lostcalpolydude
Forum Maestro

Post by lostcalpolydude » Tue Mar 02, 2010 1:31 am

I consider zapping Jarlsberg's key, but decide not to, in case it turns into a non-key
That can't happen. You're guaranteed to get a key from zapping.

Kelemvor
AFH

Post by Kelemvor » Tue Mar 02, 2010 12:54 pm

Oh? I've heard there's a bias towards keys you don't have, and I know that if you have 2 keys, you're guaranteed to zap one into the third, but I didn't know it was guaranteed that if you have 1 key, you will always zap it into a different key.

Neato. If tomorrow's DD doesn't look favorable, I'll zap my key into a different key.

Nomen Nescio
Spy vs. Pie

Post by Nomen Nescio » Tue Mar 02, 2010 2:20 pm

Kelemvor wrote:Oh? I've heard there's a bias towards keys you don't have, and I know that if you have 2 keys, you're guaranteed to zap one into the third, but I didn't know it was guaranteed that if you have 1 key, you will always zap it into a different key.

Neato. If tomorrow's DD doesn't look favorable, I'll zap my key into a different key.
Even if the keys don't work that way the pies themselves are a zap group.

This has been interesting to read, I hope it keeps going well for you.

Kelemvor
AFH

Post by Kelemvor » Tue Mar 02, 2010 2:28 pm

Excellent point, nomen. So, to play it safe, my plan is:

- if the DD looks good, do it.
- if I get SP's key, I'm done.
- if I get Boris' key, zap Jarlsberg's key into Sneaky Pete's key (since I have B/J, I'm guaranteed to get SP).
- if the DD isn't good, make a KLP and zap it, to get a 50% chance of getting a SP key. If I don't get SP, Boris' KLP is still better than J's KLP.

Sweet, I'm feeling good about tomorrow's diet. I might even eat three KLP's and a cherry pie, since I'll be banking adventures and likely won't need to eat a fortune cookie tomorrow.

lostcalpolydude
Forum Maestro

Post by lostcalpolydude » Tue Mar 02, 2010 2:47 pm

The DD is biased toward dropping keys you don't have. Zaps are guaranteed to give you a key you don't have.

Kelemvor
AFH

Post by Kelemvor » Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:23 pm

Day 7 felt a little unproductive and slow. I'm starting to run into problems hitting safe moxie; it might be wise to get a disco skill so that I can delevel before plinking.

===Day 7===
Adventure count at day start: 118
Current meat: 620

[672-691] Menagerie 1 [84,74,179]
     +> [675] Got lime
     +> [676] Got lime
     +> [678] Got lime
     +> [685] Got lime
Finish up farming limes and cherries. Total count: 7 limes, 9 cherries, 14 oranges, with the cat batting away another lime, so well over the breakeven for turn generation. I'm hopeful that this stash of reasonable-quality food will last me until I can eat battlefield food, but we'll see. Today's DD is still sucky, so make a Jarlsberg's pie and zap it into Boris' pie.

I had four tattered scraps, and used them all here to get more turns of on the trail. This might have been a mistake -- I could have saved one to make a second AFUE scroll, in case I get enough black candles to summon Ak'gyoth for drinks. Hopefully this won't be too bad, since I can make my own cocktails (though only 3 a day), and if I need an inkwell for the tower, so much the better.

[692] Defiled Cranny [14,12,33]
[693-695] Defiled Alcove [21,13,27]
     +> [695] Got magical ice cubes
     o> Ate 2 Boris's key lime pie (25 adventures gained) [60,0,0]
     o> Drank 1 fuzzbump (10 adventures gained) [34,0,0]
     o> Drank 1 old-fashioned (10 adventures gained) [0,8,0]
     o> Drank 1 sangria (7 adventures gained) [0,10,0]
Finish off the crypt side zones, so it's time to farm up some rum.

[696-697] Barrrney's Barrr [0,0,150]
[698-700] 8-Bit Realm [8,11,11]
My strategy here was to plink until about 15 hp were left, then use the insults and hope I could finish before the lowered moxie killed me. This worked great, except that the lowered moxie also prevent me from actually hitting. I get beat up, and work it off farming pixels. Turn off the MCD.

[701] Heartbreaker's Hotel [0,0,0]
[702-710] Barrrney's Barrr [37,25,62]
     +> [702] Got bottle of rum, bottle of rum, bottle of vodka, bottle of whiskey
     +> [707] Got bottle of rum
     +> [709] Got bottle of rum
     +> [710] Got bottle of rum
     o> Ate 1 cherry pie (6 adventures gained) [0,9,0]
     o> Drank 1 eggnog (5 adventures gained) [0,22,19]
     o> Ate 1 goat cheese pizza (7 adventures gained) [0,0,18]
     o> Drank 1 perpendicular hula (13 adventures gained) [0,0,34]
An interesting question - should I take base booze, mixed drinks, or stats from the noncom? I'm worried about the cat batting away lots of rum and leaving me having to farm the barrels for drinks, so I take the base booze. I feel justified in this decision, as the cat bats away two rum in these 9 adventures.

Another minor mistake -- I probably should have saved some drunkenness to take the superstat noncombat. As it stands, I'm at 17 drunk, and am forced to take a combat instead (rotgut doesn't seem particularly attractive, as it's barely better than fine wine). Oh well, at least I got rum from it.

Surviving these fights isn't trivial, so I take a quick break to open the ballroom. I'd like to set the song, but I have a feeling I can't survive in the ballroom just yet.

[711-719] Haunted Bedroom [0,0,60]
     +> [714] Got Lord Spookyraven's spectacles
This goes quickly, although I do have to run away from three nightstands. I should have come here earlier, as the undesirable noncoms give lots of meat, which I desperately need.

I run away successfully on all three of my attempts, but I think that was a mistake. Farming insults at the barrr is expensive, as I need to run hair spray and heal after most fights, and I'm struggling to come up with the required meat. It probably would have been worth the risk of getting beat up to try and pickpocket an old coin purse or leather wallet.

A bigger mistake, which I don't even realize until writing this log, is that I should have picked up the quest item so that I can get Tango of Terror, which does great deleveling, and more importantly is free. Oops.

[720-721] Barrrney's Barrr [5,9,12]
     +> [720] Got bottle of rum, bottle of rum
     +> [721] Got bottle of rum
I have the Cap'n's map and 6 insults, but only 3 rum. I figure I'll farm a seventh insult to try and get a bit more rum, and perhaps another cocktail napkin. I don't get the napkin, but I get 3 rum in two fights. Woot! Time to grab the Cap'n's booty! Err...I mean...y'know...

[722] Cap'm Caronch's Map [0,0,0]
[723-727] 8-Bit Realm [7,12,26]
[728] Cap'm Caronch's Map [4,2,9]
The first attempt at the crab has him getting the jump and hitting me twice for 19 damage each. Ouch! I work off beaten up and try again.

[730] The Infiltrationist [0,0,0]
[731] Menagerie 2 [5,3,11]
I was so excited about beating the crab and getting to make my meat maid today that I totally forgot that it takes three adventures to unlock beer pong (get the map, return the map, use the blueprints), and my fortune cookie was up in 2. I is teh stoopid.

My semi-rare plan was going to be pet snacks, ascii, massage oil, inhaler, eyedrops, inhaler (assuming I get thin black candles, otherwise I will probably skip the nuns and get lunchboxes or something), but now I think I'm going to skip ascii. This is probably fine, since I would need to farm an N anyway. Alternatively, I could farm an N, then if I haven't gotten enough scroll parts, skip the rest of the valley until I see if I get candles, and if not, come back and get the parts via semirare. I guess I'll jump off this bridge when I come to it.

[732-734] Barrrney's Barrr [0,0,0]
[735-737] F'c'le [9,13,37]
     o> Drank 2 fine wine (4 adventures gained) [0,0,6]
Finish off the barrr and unlock the F'c'le. I'm right at about 140 adventures, so overdrinking + meat maid + dgw + rollover puts me right at the max adventures for banking, and it'd be nice to use the styx buff for the f'c'le, especially as I'm a little under safe moxie.

It occurs to me that it would also be nice to have Knob eyedrops, and today's bounty is the treasury, so a perfect opportunity to pick up a lucre and farm the goblin outfit. Plus, I'll want to set the MCD to 10 before doing the bonerdagon. Plus plus, the treasury would give me a lot of meat, which I could really use to tide me over until I finish the level 9 quest.

[738] Heartbreaker's Hotel [0,0,0]
Hellevator is nice to me again, yielding a 10 on the first try.

[739-740] Knob Goblin Treasury [1,2,4]
     %> [740] Badmoon: It's So Heavy
Hm, I totally forgot there was a BM adventure in here. Will 40 muscle be sufficient to help me kill the bonerdagon and perhaps make progress on the f'c'le?

[741] Haert of the Cyrpt [17,20,23]
     +> [741] Got chest of the Bonerdagon, skull of the Bonerdagon, vertebra of the Bonerdagon
Yep. Save the chest for a stat day.

[742] Heartbreaker's Hotel [0,0,0]
[743-752] F'c'le [52,96,142]
I wanted to try and make progress on the f'c'le while I had Animal Exploiter up, but I think this was a bad mistake. I should have kept the hellevator at 10, finished the bounty, and banked the remaining adventures to use with the styx buff and eyedrops. I get some nice stats here, but no quest items. Not good.

[753-791] Knob Goblin Treasury [66,65,124]
     +> [791] Got filthy lucre
I pickpocket a polearm on the first adventure, and consider banking for tomorrow's myst day, but it'd be nice to finish today's bounty in case tomorrow has an awesome one. Also, the ML of the treasury is fairly low, plus myst isn't even that important for this run. On top of that, it'd be nice to get pants to drop naturally to save a zap (though that isn't relevant to the decision of whether to bank or not).

Treasury yields about 3.5k meat, which is great, but makes me reconsider saving the chest. If I use it first thing tomorrow, that gives me enough to buy MLS, which I will very much want for the f'cl'e, orc chasm, and ballroom powerleveling. So that's my new plan.

I also pick up a knob bugle, which might come in very handy. However, naughty kitty bats away two pairs of pants. Sigh. I finish the bounty with 2 polearms, FOUR helms, 1 shirt, and zero pants. RNGGGGGGGGG! *shaking fist*

Plan for tomorrow:
- Use the chest, buy MLS (run a test, be the best, f the rest -- yay rhyming!).
- Try to zap out the knob outfit.
- Get the illegible sheet music.
- Grab the pixie buff and use it at the f'cl'e. After it runs out, either do the orc chasm (if I'm level 9), or the ballroom, picking up Tango (if I'm not). If I can't survive the ballroom, farm pixels for a while.
- Do the DD if it looks good.

phel
Pie in the Sky

Post by phel » Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:15 pm

See, every time there is an option, and a decision is made, or the idea of 'what if?' occurs, that dratted but misunderstood moon sinks its tendrils deeper and deeper.

What's your pirate bookshop buff? If it's moxie, that's some extra (though expensive-ish) moxie. Still a good alternative to black spray, I think. Tango is great, but will chew through your MP.

Are you healing with disco nap? Are you wearing your best +moxie gear? The ballroom will drop the tophat and tap shoes, both great items (even with the -init).

I usually try for ASCII only because it saves me from using a cookie; if the scrolls drop before the semirare, then I eat a cookie and go somewhere else.

You're still doing well; your moxie will shoot up when you get to the ballroom and again in the palindrome.

Kelemvor
AFH

Post by Kelemvor » Thu Mar 04, 2010 3:53 pm

Made a bunch of pretty dumb mistakes on day 8.

My pirate buff is muscle, so I'm ignoring it; moxie was less of a problem today, as I picked up better gear and was adventuring above my safe moxie level most of the day.

===Day 8===
Adventure count at day start: 142
Current meat: 5018

o> Used 1 chest of the Bonerdagon [150,188,150]
[792-801] F'c'le [47,59,201]
     +> [793] Got rigging shampoo
     +> [795] Got ball polish
     => Level 9 (Turn 798)! (49/48/68)
Start the day as planned - use the chest, buy mad looting skillz, attempt to zap out the the knob outfit. Unfortunately, I don't get pants (again), so today's item-heavy quests are going to have to be done without eyedrops. Oh well -- I'll use the Hella Smooth buff to try to unlock the F'cl'e. This goes well, with two quest items dropping in the first go-round. I don't get a barrrnacle, unfortunately, so I'm still at 3/5 familiars (mosquito, potato, lime; also missing goat). Hit level 9 partway through, so now that the buff is up, I head to the orc chasm.

[802-824] Orc Chasm [81,132,196]
     +> [804] Got 33398 scroll, little paper umbrella
     +> [807] Got 334 scroll
     +> [808] Got 334 scroll
     +> [813] Got 334 scroll
     +> [817] Got 30669 scroll
     +> [823] Got lowercase N
     +> [824] Got 64735 scroll
I lose 3 334 scrolls to the cat, but never pick up an extra 30669, so no great loss there. I also grab a fedora, which is nice. Now that I'm done with the level 9 quest, I need to level up to 10, so it's off to the ballroom I go.

A few adventures in, I realize that this is also where I can get Tango of Terror, so I make a detour to the bedroom for that.

[825-827] Haunted Ballroom [18,19,16]
[828-833] Haunted Bedroom [0,0,0]
[834-836] 8-Bit Realm [5,9,13]
[837-848] Haunted Bedroom [0,0,143]
I made several major mistakes here:
  • 1a, I shouldn't have come in the first place, because I don't need tango yet to survive, and I'll almost certainly need to powerlevel more later, so there's a good chance I can get it later.
  • 1b, I shouldn't have come in the first place, because if I need more than one tango to survive a fight, I can't stay in that area long or the kitty will eat up my MP (and I don't have the meat resources to keep that up); I really should be considering tango a one-off, mainly used for boss fights.
  • 2, I'm so used to the click-nope of trying to unlock the ballroom that I actually skipped the quest item nightstand at least once (probably twice), and got meat instead.
  • 3, when I finally noticed I was skipping the quest item choice, I clicked on it, only to find that I hadn't equipped the spectacles! ARGH!
Plus I got beat up trying to pickpocket a coin purse, which would have been a good idea earlier when I was struggling for meat, but now I have a few dense, so it wasn't really necessary. At least I still have pixels to farm. Anyway, I lost about 20 turns here. Stupid stupid stupid.

The one saving grace here is that I picked up about 3.5k meat, which is handy, though with the airship and the castle on the docket for today, may not be that necessary.

[849-892] Haunted Ballroom [137,168,1328]
     o> Ate 2 Boris's key lime pie (32 adventures gained) [56,0,0]
     o> Drank 4 flute of flat champagne (22 adventures gained) [0,77,0]
     o> Drank 1 perpendicular hula (12 adventures gained) [0,0,34]
     o> Drank 1 roll in the hay (14 adventures gained) [0,43,0]
[893-895] 8-Bit Realm [4,11,8]
[896-905] Haunted Ballroom [37,40,231]
[906-908] 8-Bit Realm [7,10,8]
[909-910] Haunted Ballroom [8,7,19]
[911] Menagerie 2 [0,0,0]
     #> [911] Semirare: Rokay, Raggy!
[912-922] Haunted Ballroom [55,73,609]
     +> [913] Got dance card
     +> [918] Got dance card
     o> Drank 1 cream stout (3 adventures gained) [10,10,9]
     o> Drank 1 flute of flat champagne (4 adventures gained) [0,21,0]
     => Level 10 (Turn 922)! (53/54/85)
Powerleveling. Ho hum. Got beat up a few times, but no worries, have pixels to farm. You'll notice that I go 50+ adventures without getting a single dance card, and kitty only batted one away during that time. Sigh. Kitty also batted away a tophat early, when I needed one, but I was mostly ok with that, since I have a fedora, and have plenty more chances to get the top hat (I wind up autoselling a top hat and 3 tap shoes at the end of the day, and I'm sure I'll get more by the end of the run).

[923-956] Fantasy Airship [221,273,329]
     +> [932] Got Tissue Paper Immateria
     +> [933] Got metallic A, photoprotoneutron torpedo
     +> [938] Got Tin Foil Immateria
     +> [940] Got ocarina of space
     +> [950] Got Gauze Immateria
     +> [952] Got Plastic Wrap Immateria
     +> [956] Got S.O.C.K.
I love the airship - fights are easy, with my A coming on the first mech I see, and I pile up tiny houses, phonics down, and meat, which will come in really handy later. Plus, an ocarina! Heeeeey, ocarina! (That's a Macarena joke, in case you were wondering.)

33 adventures to finish here with only the ballroom song running is pretty nice, but now I'm not sure what to do the rest of the day. I want to spend all of my adventures today, since it's a stat day and I don't expect to have any trouble banking adventures for the moxie day, but I can't survive in the giant's castle yet. My choices are more powerleveling, or attempting to finish the f'c'le.

I'd planned to save the f'c'le for tomorrow so that I could use the Hella Smooth buff, plus get another chance to zap out the knob outfit for eyedrops, but now that I'm thinking about it, once I level up enough to face the giants, my choices will be f'c'le, hits, or powerleveling. I'd like to do the hits with hella smooth, and it'd be nice to get the fledges today, so I tweak the plan: try to finish f'cl'e today, use the buff at the hits tomorrow.

[957-960] Haunted Ballroom [22,33,54]
     +> [960] Got dance card
[961-982] F'c'le [161,207,277]
20 adventures in the f'c'le makes me reconsider this plan. I went 0 for 3 on mop drops, although I was amused that the kitty actually helped me at one point -- I'd thrown a cloudy potion to ID it, and then intended to just have mafia auto-attack, but instead of clicking on "script", I hit the ~ button. Ordinarily, this would have thrown my last cloudy potion (which is ettin strength, so could be one I actually need), but the kitty blocked it! Yay dumb luck!

[983-995] Giant's Castle [267,76,96]
     +> [983] Got heavy D
     +> [987] Got furry fur
     +> [989] Got plot hole
     +> [993] Got giant needle
[996-998] 8-Bit Realm [6,7,11]
     o> Ate 1 Boris's key lime pie (14 adventures gained) [28,0,0]
     o> Ate 2 dehydrated caviar (5 adventures gained) [0,0,33]
[999-1003] Giant's Castle [14,22,258]
     +> [999] Got awful poetry journal
     +> [1001] Got original G
I'm still a little underleveled for the castle, but I remember that the MLs there cover a reasonably wide range. If I can get lucky a couple times against alpha/raver giants, and/or pickpocket out the quest items, I might be able to survive here and not have to powerlevel.

This plan goes well, as I get beat up only once. Unlock the HitS in 21 adventures, 18 not including the beaten up (ssshh, don't tell stu). Also, finished my wand.

I'd considered delaying the castle until my semirare, since I want to get at least one inhaler, but my semirare is something like 100 adventures away, and I'm not sure I'm going to do *that* much powerleveling. Plus, I'm kind of bored of not getting dance cards. Maybe I should have used my lucre on waltzers? I considered it, but am also worried about having to backfarm a tower item.

[1004-1041] Haunted Ballroom [158,232,1530]
     +> [1004] Got dance card
     +> [1033] Got dance card
     o> Drank 1 vodka and cranberry (6 adventures gained) [0,36,0]
Spend the rest of the day powerleveling (albeit slowly).

Plan for tomorrow:
- attempt to zap out the knob outfit again.
- finish the f'c'le with the hella smooth buff and a ! potion; use any remaining turns of it at the HitS.
- consider doing the DD (today's had no skeleton keys again).
- bank adventures for the coming moxie days; will have to do some thinking about what food is available at the places I could potentially adventure today/tomorrow, and whether it's worth pushing ahead so that I can eat those, or whether I should eat worse food that I have on hand and bank adventures for the stat day.

Kelemvor
AFH

Post by Kelemvor » Fri Mar 05, 2010 2:50 pm

Sigh. Another day, another failure to complete the knob outfit. Today's DD looks awesome, though -- 3 locked doors, and I have two spare keys.

===Day 9===
Adventure count at day start: 51
Current meat: 4887

[1042-1047] F'c'le [14,28,167]
     +> [1047] Got mizzenmast mop
     o> Drank 1 ocean motion (13 adventures gained) [25,9,0]
Takes me a little while to actually see the grumpy old fella, but he drops his mop first try. Huzzah! As planned, will go finish up turns of the buff in the HitS.

[1048-1050] Hole in the Sky [14,25,28]
     +> [1049] Got star chart
[1051-1060] Haunted Ballroom [41,47,615]
     +> [1052] Got dance card
     => Level 11 (Turn 1060)! (61/62/104)
[1061-1071] Black Forest [67,109,141]
     +> [1061] Got adder bladder, sunken eyes
     +> [1069] Got Black No. 2, broken wings
[1072-1074] Moxie Vacation [0,0,0]
Pick up a star chart, level up to 11, assemble my blackbird. Check and double-check that the cat is still my active familiar before moving on to getting my diary. Also get a drum here, which would complete all my instruments except that I forgot to pick up an accordion during all those forest noncoms (7 spices though, which I've eaten all but one of).

[1075] Desert (Unhydrated) [0,0,0]
[1076] Oasis in the Desert [0,0,0]
[1077] Desert (Ultrahydrated) [0,0,0]
[1078] Oasis in the Desert [8,1,11]
[1079] Giant's Castle [0,0,0]
     #> [1079] Semirare: All The Rave
[1080-1092] Oasis in the Desert [91,109,159]
     +> [1088] Got stone rose
     +> [1092] Got drum machine
     o> Drank 1 Supernova Champagne (7 adventures gained) [11,9,9]
     o> Ate 1 fishy fish casserole (12 adventures gained) [0,0,42]
[1093-1094] Desert (Ultrahydrated) [14,8,18]
     +> [1093] Got bronzed locust
[1095] Oasis in the Desert [0,0,0]
[1096-1100] Desert (Ultrahydrated) [29,42,71]
     o> Ate 1 Boris's key lime pie (16 adventures gained) [30,0,0]
[1101] Oasis in the Desert [0,0,0]
[1102] Desert (Ultrahydrated) [0,0,0]
[1103-1109] Oasis in the Desert [19,19,42]
     +> [1103] Got worm-riding manual page 1
     +> [1108] Got worm-riding manual page 2
     +> [1109] Got worm-riding manual pages 3-15
[1110] Desert (Ultrahydrated) [0,0,0]
     +> [1110] Got worm-riding hooks
     o> Ate 1 savoy truffle (6 adventures gained) [19,16,15]
     o> Ate 1 spooky stir-fry (6 adventures gained) [0,0,16]
A 35 turn desert with no clover doesn't seem terrible, and the four extra turns I spent getting a drum machine are all due to the kitty, who cost me two drum machines. Grr! I actually wished I could have spent more time in the oasis because the drops, especially food, are so good. As for booze, my garnish summons today aren't great, and not getting a cactus fruit means I'll either have to go out of my way to farm base booze for LPU garnishes, or save them for another day.

I figure I wouldn't mind drinking mostly AC's on my stat day, to further boost my adventures, and I have a shot to get gin naturally at the palindome if I wait, but I'm a little worried about what kind of a hit I'll take today to do so. I do have a whole lot of blackberries, which are just as good (and I'm at 50 bartender crafts, so I ought to be in good shape to have it last the whole run or close to it), but after that it's a pretty steep dropoff. I decide to do the wine cellar so that I can pick up some dusty bottles.

[1111-1114] Haunted Ballroom [18,23,42]
[1115-1121] Haunted Wine Cellar [60,50,120]
     +> [1115] Got dusty bottle of Zinfandel
     +> [1117] Got dusty bottle of Pinot Noir
     +> [1119] Got dusty bottle of Pinot Noir, dusty bottle of Port
     +> [1120] Got dusty bottle of Marsala, dusty bottle of Muscat
Minor mistake here: got the blessing before opening the wine cellar. Not a huge deal, especially as flat champagne is almost as good as most of the wines. Got beat up, so figured I'd go grab a DD key.

Potentially major mistake as well: I intended to use some black body spray to hit safe moxie, and accidentally used my only Black No. 2. The drop rate on that is not good, so if I need it for Gate 1, I might have cost myself a boatload of adventures. Must be more careful with my chat macros. :(

[1122-1125] Daily Dungeon [5,5,10]
     +> [1125] Got Jarlsberg's key
Now that I have two keys, I should remember to save a zap on my last day for the gates. Since I think there's an outside chance I can finish on day 11, I think this means no more attempting to get the elite outfit, unless I want to chance black pepper not being needed for the tower - I'd attempt to zap caviar to pepper tomorrow, then have one zap on day 11 for the key and a second zap available in case I don't get pepper. If I get pepper tomorrow, I can take a shot at the elite outfit at the beginning of day 11.

Hmm...thinking about it some more, I have two skeleton keys left. If tomorrow's DD looks good, spending 6-7 turns to do it means I get another chance to zap the elite outfit. Since I got 0 thin black candles from the goth giants, just the nasal spray saves me about 10 turns at the nuns, assuming I get 2 inhalers and the upgraded Braaaains buff. So I guess I'm going to keep checking the calendar. Oh right, and having pet-buffing spray means I might potentially skip flyering and level up my familiars at the arena. Not sure how feasible this is or how many turns it will cost me, though.

I really need to start planning how I'm going to do the war, and whether I need to set up the GMoB.

[1126] Haunted Wine Cellar [10,6,7]
     +> [1126] Got dusty bottle of Merlot, dusty bottle of Pinot Noir
     o> Ate 1 cherry pie (6 adventures gained) [0,8,0]
     o> Ate 1 creamsicle (2 adventures gained) [10,10,8]
     o> Drank 3 dusty bottle of Pinot Noir (11 adventures gained) [20,20,21]
     o> Drank 1 flute of flat champagne (3 adventures gained) [0,15,0]
     o> Drank 4 shot of blackberry schnapps (15 adventures gained) [22,23,25]
     o> Drank 1 perpendicular hula (12 adventures gained) [0,0,35]
Finish up unlocking the summoning chamber, and have about 35 adventures, plus a bunch of spare organ. I'd like to bank for the moxie days, but as I'll be drinking a fair amount of 2.25 adv/drunk booze and have two unused garnishes, I'm open to the possibility that I could go somewhere that would get me much better booze.

On the upcoming checklist is the hidden city (no booze), poop deck and belowdecks (bilge wine sucks), hits (no booze), and the palindome, where I can get gin to make myst/moxie booze. However, I expect it'll take me on the order of 20 adventures to unlock the palindome, and gin is by no means a guarantee, so I think I'm going to bank here.

Plan for tomorrow:
- Do the DD unless it has 0 locked doors (since if I don't get a key, I can do it again on day 11). Attempt to zap the elite outfit again, unless I don't do the DD.
- Bank as many adventures as possible for the moxie stat days, hoping to powerlevel to 12 and do the war that day.
- Open the hidden city and expose the temple.
- If that doesn't eat up enough adventures to get me under the 200 cap, work on unlocking the palindome (saving the dome itself for the stat day).
- If that still doesn't do it, do the hits with Hella Smooth. Otherwise, grab the buff at the end of the day, for use at the beginning of day 11.

Questions/concerns:
- I have plenty of cherries to make pies, which I'm pretty happy with. But my booze options are not very attractive - once I run out of ACs, I'm looking at flat champagne, which is ok but not great. I don't see any better options, though, until I hit level 12 and do the orchard, where it'll be peach schnapps and pie all the way. I'm pretty sure I want to bank for the stat day, but another way to go would be do the palindome, then powerlevel to 12 and try to open the orchard.
- On the subject of consumables, I'm considering eating my grue egg omelette tomorrow; I'd been saving it for my stat day because I want max adventures, but the marginal gains over peach pie aren't nearly as good as over cherry. I'm leaning towards eating it, to have more room for peach pie.
- I'm really worried about RL time - I'm out of town this weekend, and may not have an Internet connection. We'll see, I guess.

Sometime between now and rollover, I'll think more about my plan for the war, since I have a reasonable idea now of what resources I'll have. I definitely want feedback on this, though -- please comment!

Kelemvor
AFH

Post by Kelemvor » Fri Mar 05, 2010 5:51 pm

I'm eager to get feedback, so I went ahead and thought about my plan for the war. Here's what I came up with.

I have a few different options for resources. I have one inhaler already, and I will likely see 2 more semi-rares (possibly three). One of those is going to be massage oil (I'm dreading the shadow, even with meat put aside for funkslinging), so the other can be another inhaler or eyedrops. I also haven't gotten either of the +item drop BM adventures, or the upgraded meat drop, which essentially acts as another inhaler. I'm assuming I will have access to the lab by then, if my zapping luck changes, and I have enough meat to get nimble fingers or greed.

The level 12 optimizer has a number of different options for me, which are all about 150 turns, including doing the war as a frat or a hippy. I think I'd like to do it as a hippy, because that's what everyone says you should do in BM, plus it gives me orchard access earlier, and more importantly, with peaches, which will be the best consistent food/booze I have access to all run.

Next, which sidequests? If I'm going as a hippy, ducks, orchard, and junkyard are no brainers. What about nuns? If I can get a second inhaler, we're looking at about 30 turns (plus whatever it takes to get Braaaains). If I can't get a second inhaler, I'm looking at more like 40 turns, in which case I should probably get Greed to save 10 turns (realizing this might make backfarming harder). Either way, nuns look like a good choice.

Beach is out - I have no +combat, and I'm not excited about dropping 50 turns to get mostly rum and limes. That leaves just the arena. I'm worried about flyering, since without noodles or smust, I'm likely to take a nasty beating from the auto-hit triggered by the flyers. If I don't do them, I'll only have 15 pounds of familiar weight available for the tower test; that means I'll need to arena-level my familiars, tacking on about ten turns. If I don't get the knob outfit, arena-leveling is way worse, and will cost me more like 40 turns.

One last thing (or set of things) to consider is the guy made of bees. It should take about 21 adventures to set him up and knock him down; if I farm a mirror, I'll get 8 adventures back minus whatever it takes to get the mirror (about 7 adventures), but I could also take that opportunity to get the quest item and pick up tango, which might be really handy for beating The Man (double spooky damage plus delevel FTW), plus try for the chintzy pendant. As if that's not enough to think about, the new grudge adventure also allows me to powerlevel moxie, and there's the BM adventure (ha ha, BM adventure in the bathroom), which I'll want for the orchard if I don't get eyedrops.

Finally, there's the optimizer's own advice, that in BM, speedsters powerlevel to 12 to get access to the orchard, then flyer the level 11 stuff.

Whew, that's a lot to consider. I think these are the viable options:
  • SR: massage oil, inhaler. Powerlevel to 12 in the ballroom; start the war. Get the BM bathroom adventure, do the orchard, ducks, nuns, and junkyard. Finish up the level 11 quest while flyering.
  • SR: massage oil, inhaler. Farm a mirror; pick up tango if I get the sheet music first (try and remember not to skip that adventure, idiot). Do the level 11 quests; powerlevel to 12. Start the war. Set up the GMoB; when I get the BM adventure, do the orchard. Ducks, nuns, and junkyard as above; flyer GMOB.
  • SR: massage oil, inhaler. Do level 11 quests, powerlevel to 12. Get the BM adventure; do orchard, ducks, nuns, junkyard. Arena-level familiars.
Option 1 is what phel did on his 13-dayer and is what is recommended by the optimizer's help page. It's probably slower by turncount, since I'll be doing the level 11 quest later and powerleveling earlier, but it's probably close when you factor in not needing turns to arena-level familiars (especially if I don't get KGE), and it might be faster by daycount, as I'll have access to peaches and MPE food much earlier. Also, flyering might be a pain without noodles or smust.

Option 3 is very similar to option 1. It might be a little faster by turncount, and it's more straightforward, but I don't get access to awesome food/booze until pretty late.

Option 2 probably costs me about 15 turns (21 to set up/take down GMoB, but I'd be spending some of those turns in the bathroom anyway looking for the BM adventure), but makes the arena much easier, plus offers the opportunity to make some fights easier (pendant, tango).

I think that if I don't get KGE, I have to go with something that gives me the arena buff; having to arena-level to 10 is pretty horrible, and will cost a ton of meat. If I do get KGE (fingers crossed), I'll probably go with option 1, because I'm a conformist.
Last edited by Kelemvor on Fri Mar 05, 2010 6:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kelemvor
AFH

Post by Kelemvor » Fri Mar 05, 2010 6:00 pm

Edit: totally forgot about the kitty, who will make flyers somewhat more painful and the GMOB waaaay more painful. Leaning harder away from option 2; leaning somewhat more towards option 3, but thinking will still go with option 1 in the end.

lostcalpolydude
Forum Maestro

Post by lostcalpolydude » Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:00 pm

Ten turns in the arena puts a familiar at 7 lbs and gives you at least a lead necklace, making for 10 lbs. So it actually comes out to 20 turns at the arena, not 40.

Kelemvor
AFH

Post by Kelemvor » Fri Mar 05, 2010 10:08 pm

Oh, duh. Totally forgot about the reward from the arena. Thanks lost!

Kelemvor
AFH

Post by Kelemvor » Sun Mar 07, 2010 8:13 pm

Too tired now to post a full log, but I thought I'd give a quick update for anyone who's following along to see how I'm doing.

Days 10 and 11 went ok; I don't remember too many bad mistakes (though there were some minor ones). Still not sure if powerleveling to 12 was the right thing to do; in any case, I'm out of adventures on day 11 and have not yet broken the prism.

Still left: farm 3 white pixels, do ed and the man, then do the tower. I'm hopeful that I don't get a horrendous tower that requires tons of backfarming, and can finish on day 12. Tallying up all the minor mistakes I made, I might have been able to finish on day 11, which I'm a little regretful about, but considering I'd planned this run to take 20 days and I now have time to do a sauce run before the ditr2 contest, overall I'm reasonably happy with how the run has gone so far.

I just need to remember not to screw up the 100% cat bit tomorrow. :P
Last edited by Kelemvor on Mon Mar 08, 2010 12:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

phel
Pie in the Sky

Post by phel » Sun Mar 07, 2010 9:44 pm

I'd say that is/was/will be a very successful run. This has been pretty much a model log, in terms of sharing your decision-making process and insights, and I've enjoyed reading it very much.

I can't remember the last time I didn't power to 12 and backfill all the quests once the arena was open -- even when I skip flyering, I still do the same.

Kelemvor
AFH

Post by Kelemvor » Mon Mar 08, 2010 12:14 am

Finished today, hooray! 12/1616, which is as of this writing the #13 100% black cat BM run -- how deliciously appropriate. :) Also picked up an extra Instant Karma for hitting #8 on the current DB BM subboard. Then I ascended ASAP so that I wouldn't accidentally screw up my unlock, and yay, it worked! High-fives all around!

Hopefully I'll have a full log of days 11 and 12 up tomorrow or the next day. Thanks so much to those who gave advice and support -- I definitely wouldn't have done anything nearly this fast without you!

Kelemvor
AFH

Post by Kelemvor » Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:35 pm

Day 10 went freaking AWESOME. I got great RNG, avoided screwing up too much (I think) and finished way ahead of where I thought I'd be. I definitely wouldn't say I'm confident I'll finish on day 11, especially since RL time and an unknown tower are big factors, but I can certainly see it being a possibility.

Also, I was pretty proud of myself for deviating pretty strongly from the plan I established at the end of yesterday. Normally I try to stick pretty close to plan so that I don't make mistakes in-run, but after this cost me badly during the Type II contest, I've wanted to get better about making adjustments while playing turns, especially as I think this is an important skill to have for hardcore.

I felt like the changes I made (farming booze, saving the hidden city for flyering, powerleveling to 12) were, on the whole, good, so I'm pleased. Maybe I don't suck at in-run adjustments after all! (Or maybe I just got lucky. Even a blind squirrel finds a nut sometimes.)

===Day 10===
Adventure count at day start: 119
Current meat: 3970

[1127-1135] Hole in the Sky [76,64,138]
     +> [1133] Got star chart
     -> Turn [0] none
     -> Turn [30] Black Cat
[1136-1140] Daily Dungeon [4,7,10]
     +> [1140] Got Sneaky Pete's key
Today's DD looks good, so I'm going to hit that right away; if I get a key, that means I can use my zap today trying (again) to finish the KGE outfit, and still have two tomorrow for black pepper. If I don't get a key, I'm going to try for black pepper today, then use my two zaps tomorrow on a key and either black pepper or KGE.

Before I do that, though, I still have turns of Hella Smooth and Locks like the Raven (still kicking myself) to burn. So, my first deviation from plan: I use them at the HitS, then blaze through a 5-turn dungeon. Sneaky Pete's key get!

[1141-1144] Menagerie 3 [15,19,40]
     +> [1142] Got bottle of tequila, bottle of vodka
     +> [1144] Got bottle of rum, bottle of whiskey
     o> Ate 1 brown sugar cane (6 adventures gained) [3,4,18]
     o> Ate 2 cherry pie (18 adventures gained) [0,20,0]
     o> Ate 2 dehydrated caviar (5 adventures gained) [0,0,34]
     o> Drank 1 ducha de oro (13 adventures gained) [9,25,0]
     o> Drank 1 dusty bottle of Marsala (4 adventures gained) [8,10,8]
     o> Ate 1 grue egg omelette (20 adventures gained) [41,43,43]
     o> Drank 1 perpendicular hula (11 adventures gained) [0,0,35]
     o> Drank 1 roll in the hay (12 adventures gained) [0,34,0]
     o> Drank 1 shot of blackberry schnapps (4 adventures gained) [7,6,6]
     o> Drank 1 slip 'n' slide (14 adventures gained) [34,0,0]
My next goal is to generate as many adventures as possible to bank for the stat day. I have 5 garnishes, and tomorrow I can make peach schnapps, so I'm free to use them all today. However, I'm out of base booze. Looking ahead, I don't see any place where I might want to use a friar's blessing today, so with Smothers' blessing and pickpocket, I can expect to farm about 1.6 base booze from a booze giant, or about .5 booze/turn. That's about what I'd expect from the barrels, plus stats, so I go there.

Had a bit of good RNG here, getting 2 booze giants in 4 turns, and having each of them drop 2 base booze. Mafia made me a little stabby here, though -- I went to check my closet, and it seems that Mafia took a lime out of my closet for making pies yesterday, where I'd been saving it along with some sabre teeth for the tower. I'm hoping not to need it for the tower, but with only 2 familiars in hand, that's not a particularly realistic hope.

Also, I failed again to zap out the outfit piece. What is that, 4 tries in a row now? Well hey, at least all my spare outfit pieces are polearms now. That's...uh...something...I guess.

[1145-1154] Hidden Temple [50,100,100]
I actually let mafia do this part for me, which I believe is the first time I've ever let mafia play any number of turns in a run where I care about speed. I watched pretty helplessly as 7 turns went by in the gCLI without getting any of the noncoms, and I was just starting to get paranoid about maybe the RNG cursing me for automating turns, when I got the three quest noncoms in a row. Click-ayup!

[1155] F'c'le [0,0,0]
[1156-1158] Poop Deck [19,16,37]
[1159-1163] Belowdecks [42,28,93]
     +> [1160] Got snakehead charrrm
     +> [1163] Got snakehead charrrm
[1164-1171] Palindome [124,137,167]
     +> [1164] Got photograph of God
     +> [1166] Got hard rock candy
     +> [1168] Got hard-boiled ostrich egg
     +> [1169] Got stunt nuts
     +> [1170] Got ketchup hound
     +> [1171] Got bottle of gin
Now my only goal is to play enough turns so that I can avoid losing any to rollover. I'm not sure how much of the level 11 quest to save for flyering, but I still need base booze for my nightcap, so I go unlock the pirate ship (which goes remarkably quickly, especially considering I have only the ballroom song for non-combat and no olfaction), then hit the palindome until I get a bottle of gin. I stopped there because I want to save areas for flyering, plus the palindome has great moxie-leveling noncoms that will be handy for my stat day.

[1172-1173] Hidden City [12,10,23]
Minor mistake here, forgot to equip any of my elemental damage weapons and ran into a spectre right away. Luckily (I guess you could call it that), I didn't get any thin black candles in the castle, so I have an AFUE scroll that won't get used. I use it on the spectre as a get-out-of-jail-free card.

[1174-1217] Haunted Ballroom [175,157,3473]
     +> [1174] Got odor extractor
     %> [1177] Badmoon: Party Crasher
     +> [1179] Got dance card
     +> [1185] Got dance card
     +> [1188] Got dance card
     +> [1192] Got dance card
     +> [1194] Got dance card
     +> [1202] Got dance card
     +> [1209] Got dance card
     +> [1211] Got dance card
     +> [1217] Got coconut shell, coconut shell, magical ice cubes
     o> Drank 1 a little sump'm sump'm (11 adventures gained) [0,25,9]
     *> [1176] Started hunting zombie waltzers
     => Level 12 (Turn 1217)! (70/71/126)
I still have about 40 or so adventures to burn so that I don't lose them to rollover. My choices are to go to the hidden city (want to save for flyering), palindome (same, plus moxie noncoms for stat day), or powerlevel in the ballroom (better on a stat day). I suppose I could have also finished my digital key, though that leaves me somewhat less room for error if I get beaten up tomorrow. Anyway, I choose powerleveling. I also decided to use my lucre here -- I'm a little worried about having to backfarm something heinous, but I think this might be a better use of my odor extractor.

Anyway, dance cards fall like rain. It's pretty fantastic. I end the day with my dance card counter at 0 and 30 substats short of 12, and overdrink using the bottle of gin I farmed.

Plan for tomorrow:
- zap out the KGE outfit
- start the war, do orchard, ducks, nuns, junkyard; finish level 11 quest while flyering.
- put off eating as long as possible so that I can leave room for super salads; as good as peach pie is, super salad is better.
- try hard to finish tomorrow -- an 11 day run is top 10 all-time for 100% black cat BM, which would be far exceeding my wildest expectations for this run. 12 days is still top 20, though, so I want to make sure I don't push daycount too hard and end up screwing myself (i.e., don't blow up my wand, that kind of thing).
Last edited by Kelemvor on Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kelemvor
AFH

Post by Kelemvor » Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:36 pm

===Day 11===
Adventure count at day start: 193
Current meat: 6437

[1218-1233] Wartime Hippy Camp [200,500,750]
     +> [1228] Got reinforced beaded headband
     +> [1230] Got bullet-proof corduroys
     +> [1233] Got round purple sunglasses
     -> Turn [0] none
     -> Turn [30] Black Cat
     => Level 12 (Turn 1217)! (70/71/126)
I was a little too aggressive in spending adventures yesterday, and could have saved a handful more for the stat day. Oh well, now that I'm powerleveled to 12, with half the MacGuffin still not done, I'm pretty confident I'm going to be well-overleveled.

GFdammit, I fail AGAIN to zap out the KGE outfit. Fuck you, RNG! Fuck you right in the face!

[1234-1235] Wartime Frat House [0,0,0]
[1236] Wartime Frat House (Hippy Disguise) [0,0,0]
It takes much longer than expected to get the war outfit, but starting the war goes very quickly.

[1237] Hatching Chamber [5,6,15]
I had planned on getting the bathroom BM adventure (heh heh heh) before starting the filthworms, but I was looking up peach pie and schnapps on the wiki and got excited about finally having an unlimited supply of decent food/booze, so totally forgot about it and just jumped right in on the first chamber...where I pickpocketed a gland right away. Better lucky than good!

(With all the times that I use that phrase, I think maybe I should just abbreviate it to BLTG. Except, uh, that's also short for Bisexual-Lesbian-Transgender-Gay. So, uh...maybe I should start getting better so I can stop saying it instead.)

[1238-1245] Haunted Bathroom [23,25,382]
Bleh, spending 8 turns here without the adventure is terrible - getting an extra 100% item drop on top of the 80 or so I'm running isn't going to save me that many turns now that I have the first gland already. I'm outta here. At least I got two bathtub adventures, so I got good stats out of it.

[1246] Feeding Chamber [8,5,13]
Boom goes the dynamite! Second gland drops and kitty takes no interest.

[1247-1253] Guards' Chamber [60,70,160]
This part made me nervous. Took 7 adventures, and I was starting to consider going back to the feeding chamber to try and get another gland so I wouldn't have to start completely over, when the last one dropped. Phew!

[1254-1263] Barn [60,62,163]
[1264] Knob Goblin Harem [0,0,0]
     #> [1264] Semirare: Hands On
[1265-1269] Pond [30,35,74]
     +> [1266] Got duct tape
[1270-1274] Back 40 [63,63,142]
     +> [1270] Got duct tape
[1275-1279] Other Back 40 [50,48,146]
     +> [1279] Got duct tape
Picked up massage oil for the shadow, and remembered beforehand to do the butterfly trick, unlike a previous run. Yay for learning from mistakes!

[1280] Queen's Chamber [6,3,19]
I had been saving the queen to do at the end of the nuns with my leftover meat buffs, but then I realized I wouldn't actually have any leftover meat buffs. I suppose I could have used a turn of the Braaains buff here, but I didn't think I would need the meat that much -- getting the 4k from the grocer, plus 5k from the trapzor when I do spookyraven later, should be plenty for the rest of the run. If it isn't, there's always the RDMS from The Man.

[1281-1284] Post-Cyrpt Cemetary [19,9,41]
     +> [1283] Got loose teeth
     %> [1284] Badmoon: When Do We Want It?
[1285-1325] Themthar Hills [418,357,955]
     o> Drank 1 perpendicular hula (10 adventures gained) [0,0,45]
     o> Drank 7 shot of peach schnapps (45 adventures gained) [0,0,144]
I had an extra meat vortex, so used it here...and got 17 meat. 17! Double FU, RNG!

Also, I didn't realize peaches were so expensive. Ouch. I'm starting to wonder if that decision not to get extra meat from the filthworm queen was a mistake. Luckily, I also also didn't realize that peach schnapps are 2 drunk and not 1, so I need many fewer of them. I are teh S-M-R-T!

You'll note that I drank a hula here; I probably should have gone with 2 more schnapps and squeezed out a couple of extra adventures, but I was thinking that I wouldn't need a nightcap because I was planning on finishing today. Ah well.

Finally, I should note that due to a bit of lack of foresight, I only had one inhaler, so I picked up greed to make this go a little faster. I'm a little worried that this will make backfarming later more painful, but with no demon summon, nimble fingers, and nasal spray, the impact is pretty large, about 10 turns or so (and the stat gains don't matter; I'm pretty confident I'll easily hit level 13 just finishing up quests). I think that's probably worth the -item hit.

[1326-1350] Battlefield (Hippy Uniform) [222,213,599]
     +> [1331] Got beer helmet
     +> [1337] Got distressed denim pants
     +> [1340] Got bejeweled pledge pin
[1351-1352] Next to that Barrel with Something Burning in it [27,17,62]
     +> [1352] Got molybdenum hammer
[1353-1355] Over Where the Old Tires Are [16,10,57]
     +> [1355] Got molybdenum crescent wrench
[1356-1360] Near an Abandoned Refrigerator [37,42,81]
     +> [1360] Got molybdenum pliers
[1361-1363] Out By that Rusted-Out Car [14,18,49]
     +> [1363] Got molybdenum screwdriver
Two turns in, I realized that kitty can block the magnet. Ouch...I prepare myself for some rough going. But all that cursing at the RNG seems to have paid off -- the kitty only blocked the magnet twice, and both times I got the tool from that gremlin anyway. I also never got beat up, even though I had no healing potions. The last gremlin did come close, though: I got the tool from him with just 5 hp left.

[1364-1380] Battlefield (Hippy Uniform) [178,182,428]
     o> Drank 1 melted Jell-o shot (4 adventures gained) [35,0,0]
Had some good luck in here -- I almost lost a fight to a panty raider frat boy, but windchimes gave me hp to finish him, and I was rewarded with a chloroform rag and a depantsing bomb (which was pretty exciting until I realized that neither of those are the equivalent of a green smoke bomb).

I also picked up an energy drink IV, which I'm now using on the battlefield -- I'm getting hit pretty much every fight, so the MP regen is useful for casting Disco Nap and saving me meat on black cherry sodas.

[1381-1382] Palindome [8,4,10]
[1383] Knob Goblin Laboratory [0,0,0]
[1384-1385] Whitey's Grove [6,0,17]
     +> [1385] Got bird rib
[1386] Knob Goblin Laboratory [0,0,0]
     +> [1386] Got Mega Gem
[1387-1402] Hole in the Sky [109,94,268]
     +> [1391] Got star chart
     %> [1395] Badmoon: Pot Jacked
     +> [1402] Got star chart
[1403-1405] 8-Bit Realm [6,4,17]
[1406-1416] Hole in the Sky [81,85,209]
     +> [1409] Got star chart
     +> [1415] Got star chart
     o> Ate 1 super salad (13 adventures gained) [39,39,45]
[1417-1419] 8-Bit Realm [6,4,14]
[1420-1426] Hole in the Sky [48,55,152]
     +> [1426] Got star chart
Tying up all my loose ends while flyering. I expected flyering to be a lot more painful without some way of stunning, but as I'm running black body and hair spray pretty much constantly, with none of the ML I usually have, I don't really get hit much beyond the flyering auto-hit. It's quite tolerable.

I do get beat up a couple times, but as I have a digital key to finish, this doesn't bother me at all.

[1427-1437] Hidden City [86,83,179]
     +> [1434] Got world's smallest violin
I'm getting close to my semi-rare, which might be my last of the run. Eyedrops and inhaler are no longer useful to me, so I think the decision comes down to:
- KGE: lost a lot of its utility since I've already done the filthworms and nuns, but will save me about 10 turns of arena familiar buffing.
- tasty tarts: generate about 5 more adventures from food. Seems pretty marginal.
- shrinking powder: intriguing. I'm worried about how hard The Man is going to be. I decide this is the best choice, since I can try to get it without eating a fortune cookie (thus saving precious fullness for better food -- I'm going to be very close on turngen and will need a very good tower to finish today).

[1438-1440] 8-Bit Realm [5,3,11]
[1441-1445] Hidden City [221,219,307]
[1446-1448] 8-Bit Realm [4,4,16]
     #> [1446] Semirare: Some Bricks Do, In Fact, Hang in the Air
Of course, then I got beat up (and fumbled to death), so went elsewhere, just in time to pick up a different semi-rare. Oops. Oh well, +50 damage will make plinking The Man much more manageable. If the fight goes more than 20 rounds, this will actually be better. Plus, I can use it on Ed as well.

BLTG.

[1449-1451] Hidden City [37,14,42]
[1452] Hole in the Sky [10,8,29]
Was one star short when I broke off farming to try and get shrinking powder; finish up my star weapon here.

[1453] Palindome [18,9,47]
[1454] Lord Spookyraven [19,17,34]
[1455] Hidden City (Altar of Squirtlcthulli) [0,0,0]
[1456] Hidden City (Altar of Charcoatl) [0,0,0]
[1457] Hidden City (Altar of Pikachutlotal) [0,0,0]
[1458] Hidden City (Altar of Bulbazinalli) [0,0,0]
[1459] Hidden City (Smallish Temple) [17,15,39]
[1460] The Upper Chamber [0,0,0]
     +> [1460] Got carved wooden wheel
[1461-1464] The Middle Chamber [10,12,33]
     o> Ate 2 peach pie (24 adventures gained) [0,0,82]
Nice, first turn wheel and first turn placement (the latter being somewhat less important, since I'm not going to farm ratchets).

[1465] The Lower Chambers (Token/Empty) [0,0,0]
[1466-1473] The Middle Chamber [27,24,78]
[1474] The Lower Chambers (Rubble/Bomb) [0,0,0]
[1475-1484] The Middle Chamber [58,55,154]
     => Level 13 (Turn 1475)! (84/86/148)
[1485] The Lower Chambers (Empty/Empty/Ed's Chamber) [0,0,0]
[1486-1488] 8-Bit Realm [6,6,17]
Ed is opened now, but I'm at 99%+ flyering, so I go finish up at the 8-bit. This way, I can do Ed while buffed with everything I'm using for The Man; plus, it's seven turns I can spend now on the battlefield hoping to get things to trade in for super salads, instead of potentially being forced to eat peach pie because I'm running out of adventures.

[1489-1505] Battlefield (Hippy Uniform) [143,138,384]
     o> Ate 1 peach pie (11 adventures gained) [0,0,57]
     o> Ate 1 super salad (13 adventures gained) [31,35,47]
I have to be careful, though, not to spend all my dimes on MPEs, because I need at least one for the shadow (possibly more if I can't get my max hp up to where a massage oil + garter will kill it), plus will probably need a few for The Man. I elect not to get any macrame nets, as I'm worried that kitty will just block them. I take one last shot at greens (which pays off), and then resolve to spend the rest of my dimes on garters, just in case. I probably could have tried for one more, but I really didn't want to have to deal with running out of garters and having to farm RPPs.

Kitty gets me beat up here when she blocks my windchimes, though this was mostly my own fault for starting a fight without full hp.

[1506] 8-Bit Realm [1,4,7]
[1507-1521] Spooky Forest [11,15,33]
I ran some quick calculations of absolute best-case scenarios -- in order to finish today, I'd need pretty much perfect RNG: farm an accordion on my first turn, find a blooper by the second turn, perfect battlefield, first-turn The Man, 3 turn hedge maze, perfect tower, first-turn shadow, first-turn NS -- that gets me over the finish line with something like 2 adventures to spare. I'm pretty sure all the stars aren't going to align that nicely, but I figure that plowing through the battlefield (which is pretty deterministic in turns spent) isn't going to give me much more insight into how hard I should push. The thing most likely to take too many turns is getting an accordion.

I figure I could either try for the sewer (9 turns expected, but a long tail) or the forest (about 8 turns expected, with a noncom queue suppressing the long tail). Forest looks like the better choice...but 14 turns later, I still have no accordion, and it's clear there's no way I can finish today.

The mistake of not getting an accordion earlier makes me sad now, but it's not that likely I'd have finished anyway, so I'm not too broken up about it. I guess I'll go try and finish the war so that I can feel like I accomplished something major today.

[1522] Battlefield (Hippy Uniform) [0,0,0]
[1523-1525] Spooky Forest [0,1,3]
     +> [1525] Got stolen accordion
...aaand beat up again. Ah well, at least I got the accordion working it off.

[1526-1529] Battlefield (Hippy Uniform) [39,38,100]
     o> Drank 1 spiced rum (7 adventures gained) [0,0,23]
Finish off the last of the remaining frat boys, and realize that I've autosold almost all of my drinks and food to fund my body spray habit. Ah well, with peaches available tomorrow, I should be able to generate enough adventures to finish.

Plan for tomorrow:
- don't screw up the unlock.

Kelemvor
AFH

Post by Kelemvor » Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:52 pm

===Day 12===
Current meat: 6754

[1530] The Man [67,59,175]
[1531-1537] Ed the Undying [82,80,198]
[1538-1545] 8-Bit Realm [14,13,25]
The Man isn't as bad as feared; kitty is fairly cooperative in letting me heal myself. With the remaining turns of fire flower, Ed is even more of a pushover than usual. On to the gates!

[1546-1553] Fantasy Airship [24,22,87]
     %> [1546] Badmoon: Obligatory Mascot Cameo
Missed a hair gel from a protagonist, but got it from a chest not long thereafter; had the other two potions, so sailed through the gates.

I was pretty worried about the skeleton, and spent a fair amount of time maximizing HP, buffing, etc...and got the tablet on the first roll. Whee!

[1554-1560] Sorceress' Hedge Maze [0,0,0]
[1561] Sorceress Tower: Level 1 [0,0,0]
     +> [1561] Got coconut shell, little paper umbrella, little paper umbrella
     o> Ate 3 peach pie (32 adventures gained) [0,0,153]
Ugh. Need an NG for Tower 1. Not a good sign for the day.

[1562-1583] Orc Chasm [109,102,299]
     +> [1562] Got 334 scroll
     %> [1563] Badmoon: Mistaken Identity, LOL
     +> [1565] Got 33398 scroll
     +> [1575] Got 30669 scroll
     +> [1583] Got lowercase N
     o> Ate 1 peach pie (13 adventures gained) [0,0,42]
     o> Ate 1 unidentified jerky (4 adventures gained) [11,10,15]
The first 2 pr0ns I see both drop fedoras, but no N. Grrr.

[1584] Sorceress Tower: Level 1 [12,10,30]
[1585] Sorceress Tower: Level 2 [0,0,0]
[1586-1591] Giant's Castle [24,21,66]
     %> [1586] Badmoon: Do You Think You're Better Off Alone
     +> [1589] Got thin black candle
[1592-1593] Sorceress Tower: Level 2 [3,3,20]
[1594] Sorceress Tower: Level 3 [0,0,0]
[1595-1599] Haunted Kitchen [5,3,21]
     +> [1599] Got leftovers of indeterminate origin
[1600-1602] Sorceress Tower: Level 3 [8,3,14]
[1603] Sorceress Tower: Level 4 [0,0,0]
[1604-1606] Haunted Bathroom [13,9,24]
     %> [1605] Badmoon: You Look Flushed
     +> [1606] Got fancy bath salts
[1607-1608] Sorceress Tower: Level 4 [12,10,28]
Yes, I went 0 for 4 on the first 4 floors of the tower. Boo. On the bright side, I only (only?) got beat up 4 times by kitty blocking my tower item.

[1609] Sorceress Tower: Level 5 [8,5,12]
[1610] Sorceress Tower: Level 6 [9,10,32]
[1611] Sorceress Tower: Shadow Fight [61,46,122]
Beat shadow on the first try; I'm glad I picked up an RPP, even though I had to spend a few extra turns farming white pixels to do it.

Since I'm now clear of the tower, I can spend the rest of my wand zaps trying to get the KGE outfit; if my wand blows up, I'll level my familiars in the arena. I manage to zap out the outfit on the second try. FINALLY!

[1612-1616] Sorceress Tower: Naughty Sorceress [119,137,310]
Did one fight just to see how hard Her Naughtiness would be; first form was pretty easy, as I just got into safe moxie and blew her away. Second form hit me pretty hard, though. I lost a few times on purpose, then SGEEA'd away beaten up and came back in throwing beer bombs, sake bombs, water pipe bombs. I got super-lucky here -- kitty didn't block any of them, and NS herself only blocked 1, I think. By the time I was done funkslinging bombs, she only had about 200 hp left, which I chewed through with my star crossbow.

I spent a couple extra turns as my semi-rare counter was almost up, and then ascended.

By completing a 100% Black Cat Bad Moon run, you have permanently unlocked the Bad Moon sign for your character.
How sweet it is.
Last edited by Kelemvor on Thu Mar 11, 2010 2:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kelemvor
AFH

Post by Kelemvor » Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:59 pm

ADVENTURES
----------
Haunted Ballroom: 168
Battlefield (Hippy Uniform): 64
Spooky Forest: 54
F'c'le: 53
8-Bit Realm: 47
Hole in the Sky: 47
Orc Chasm: 45
Knob Goblin Treasury: 44
Fantasy Airship: 42
Themthar Hills: 41
Menagerie 1: 40
Dark Elbow of the Woods: 36
Barrel Full of Barrels: 32
Friar's Gate: 31
Noob Cave: 30
Goatlet: 29
Pre-Cyrpt Cemetary: 29
White Citadel: 28
Haunted Bedroom: 27
Fernswarthy's Ruins: 25
Giant's Castle: 25
Degrassi Knoll: 24
Oasis in the Desert: 24
Boss Bat's Lair: 23
Fun House: 22
Knob Goblin Harem: 22
The Middle Chamber: 22
Dungeons of Doom: 21
Haunted Library: 21
Hidden City: 21
Typical Tavern Quest: 17
Barrrney's Barrr: 16
Dark Heart of the Woods: 16
Dark Neck of the Woods: 16
Wartime Hippy Camp: 16
Daily Dungeon: 15
Itznotyerzitz Mine: 13
Outskirts of The Knob: 13
Black Forest: 11
Defiled Alcove: 11
Haunted Bathroom: 11
Haunted Billiards Room: 11
Haunted Pantry: 11
Palindome: 11
Barn: 10
Defiled Niche: 10
Defiled Nook: 10
Desert (Ultrahydrated): 10
Hidden Temple: 10
Greater-Than Sign: 9
Itznotyerzitz Mine (in Disguise): 9
Moxie Vacation: 9
South of the Border: 9
Haunted Wine Cellar: 8
Sleazy Back Alley: 8
Defiled Cranny: 7
Ed the Undying: 7
Guards' Chamber: 7
Sorceress' Hedge Maze: 7
Whitey's Grove: 7
Heartbreaker's Hotel: 6
Mysticality Vacation: 6
Pirate Cove: 6
Unlucky Sewer: 6
Back 40: 5
Belowdecks: 5
Guano Junction: 5
Haunted Kitchen: 5
Near an Abandoned Refrigerator: 5
Other Back 40: 5
Pond: 5
Sorceress Tower: Naughty Sorceress: 5
Typical Tavern: 5
Beanbat Chamber: 4
Menagerie 3: 4
Post-Cyrpt Cemetary: 4
Sorceress Tower: Level 3: 4
Guild Challenge: 3
Muscle Vacation: 3
Out By that Rusted-Out Car: 3
Over Where the Old Tires Are: 3
Poop Deck: 3
Sorceress Tower: Level 2: 3
Sorceress Tower: Level 4: 3
Bat Hole Entryway: 2
Cap'm Caronch's Map: 2
Hippy Camp: 2
Knob Goblin Laboratory: 2
Menagerie 2: 2
Mix 1 Typical Tavern swill + 1 magical ice cubes: 2
Next to that Barrel with Something Burning in it: 2
Rest in your dwelling: 2
Sorceress Tower: Level 1: 2
Wartime Frat House: 2
Desert (Unhydrated): 1
Feeding Chamber: 1
Haert of the Cyrpt: 1
Hatching Chamber: 1
Hidden City (Altar of Bulbazinalli): 1
Hidden City (Altar of Charcoatl): 1
Hidden City (Altar of Pikachutlotal): 1
Hidden City (Altar of Squirtlcthulli): 1
Hidden City (Smallish Temple): 1
King's Chamber: 1
Knob Goblin Kitchens: 1
Lord Spookyraven: 1
Mix 1 Typical Tavern swill + 1 coconut shell: 1
Queen's Chamber: 1
Smith 1 big rock + 1 banjo strings: 1
Smith 1 stone banjo + 1 disco ball: 1
Sorceress Tower: Level 5: 1
Sorceress Tower: Level 6: 1
Sorceress Tower: Shadow Fight: 1
The Infiltrationist: 1
The Lower Chambers (Empty/Empty/Ed's Chamber): 1
The Lower Chambers (Rubble/Bomb): 1
The Lower Chambers (Token/Empty): 1
The Man: 1
The Upper Chamber: 1
Wartime Frat House (Hippy Disguise): 1

QUEST TURNS
----------
Mosquito Larva: 10
Opening the Hidden Temple: 26
Tavern quest: 17
Bat quest: 28
Cobb's Knob quest: 35
Friars' part 1: 62
Defiled Cyrpt quest: 39
Trapzor quest: 42
Orc Chasm quest: 45
Airship: 34
Giant's Castle: 18
Opening the Ballroom: 52
Pirate quest: 86
Black Forest quest: 11
Desert Oasis quest: 35
Spookyraven quest: 57
Hidden City quest: 31
Palindome quest: 15
Pyramid quest: 33
Starting the War: 1
War Island quest: 149
DoD quest: 14

PULLS
----------

LEVELS
----------
Hit Level 1 on turn 0, 0 from last level. (0.0 substats / turn)
   Combats: 0
   Noncombats: 0
   Other: 0
Hit Level 2 on turn 15, 15 from last level. (1.7 substats / turn)
   Combats: 0
   Noncombats: 15
Hit Level 3 on turn 42, 27 from last level. (1.4 substats / turn)
   Combats: 5
   Noncombats: 21
   Other: 1
Hit Level 4 on turn 68, 26 from last level. (4.0 substats / turn)
   Combats: 12
   Noncombats: 13
   Other: 1
Hit Level 5 on turn 133, 65 from last level. (3.6 substats / turn)
   Combats: 42
   Noncombats: 15
   Other: 8
Hit Level 6 on turn 226, 93 from last level. (4.7 substats / turn)
   Combats: 75
   Noncombats: 12
   Other: 6
Hit Level 7 on turn 382, 156 from last level. (4.9 substats / turn)
   Combats: 116
   Noncombats: 26
   Other: 13
Hit Level 8 on turn 598, 216 from last level. (5.6 substats / turn)
   Combats: 141
   Noncombats: 75
Hit Level 9 on turn 798, 200 from last level. (9.1 substats / turn)
   Combats: 159
   Noncombats: 40
Hit Level 10 on turn 922, 124 from last level. (21.0 substats / turn)
   Combats: 92
   Noncombats: 32
Hit Level 11 on turn 1060, 138 from last level. (26.0 substats / turn)
   Combats: 105
   Noncombats: 32
Hit Level 12 on turn 1217, 157 from last level. (30.6 substats / turn)
   Combats: 97
   Noncombats: 56
   Other: 3
Hit Level 13 on turn 1475, 258 from last level. (24.3 substats / turn)
   Combats: 206
   Noncombats: 50

Total COMBATS: 1175 (72.7%)
Total NONCOMBATS: 403 (24.9%)
Total OTHER: 32 (2.0%)

STATS
----------
           	Muscle	Myst	Moxie
Totals:   	7839	8333	24381
Combats:	6005	5936	13041
Noncombats:	1039	1261	8973
Others:   	0	0	16
Eating:   	127	328	1222
Drinking:	518	620	737
Using:   	150	188	392

Top 10 mainstat gaining areas:

Haunted Ballroom	669	799	7917
From consumables	795	1136	2351
Battlefield (Hippy Uniform)	582	571	1511
Themthar Hills	418	357	955
F'c'le	294	414	833
Hole in the Sky	338	331	824
Wartime Hippy Camp	200	500	750
Hidden City	356	326	551
Orc Chasm	190	234	495
Giant's Castle	305	119	420

+STAT BREAKDOWN
----------
Need to gain level (last is total):                          	10	39	105	231	441	759	1209	1815	2601	3591	4809	6279	21904
ocarina of space:                                       	0	0	0	0	0	0	0	0	0	35	64	70	169

FAMILIARS
----------
Black Cat : 1175 combat turns (100.0%)

SEMI-RARES
----------
187 : Lunchboxing
364 : The Pilsbury Doughjerk
554 : Knob Goblin Elite Guard Captain
911 : Rokay, Raggy!
1079 : All The Rave
1264 : Hands On
1446 : Some Bricks Do, In Fact, Hang in the Air