The Downstairs Frank's BMDB 11/1531 100% black cat

Moderator: Raccoon

Mister Mickey
Inscrutable Pi
Location: Misery ( or Missouri like native Americans spelled it)

The Downstairs Frank's BMDB 11/1531 100% black cat

Post by Mister Mickey » Thu Sep 02, 2010 6:31 am

A 100% black cat BM run with a first place prize of a Mr A? This contest here will show just what I'm willing to put myself through to try and win a Mr A...

I've already done a kittycore run. I perma unlocked BM over two years ago. The only thing that could ever get me to do it again is a contest and bragging rights that my 18 day run was done before I knew that the 100% black cat run even perma unlocked BM.

Comments are welcome and appreciated. I know phel's in this contest too but since he's doing mysticality, I can safely root for him and maybe he'll give me advice since we're in "seperate divisions" ... good luck to him mysticality 100% black cat is something I cannot even begin to ever attempt.

Goal: 10 days ! I'll settle for 11 days though... with a FoB and insane luck and skill I think a kittycore run in 10 days is possible...

Advantages:
1. Day one Gnoll bounty
2. Day 6 FoB
3. A lot of BM speed experience
4. Disco bandits are the fastest class to be for black cat run.

Disadvantages:
1. Must use the kitty 100% or be DQ'd
2. no stat days
3. Must use the kitty 100% of combats.

My plan is to get at least 3 lucres. I'll need that minimum probably more. Bounties are going to shape where I go each day and determine my overall strategy.

A fun house bounty means I try to get the LEW, a spooky forest bounty means I might grab the vampire stakes. A ruins bounty means I might not use an extractor on brains and just hope I can pickpocket them. Goatlet bounty ? Maybe, Orc chasm, airship,castle there's a lot of places where I might try to pick one up.

The most likely neccessary targets for the odor extractors are: disembodied brains, fruit golem and zombie waltzers. Maybe fruit golems or waltzers twice and maybe one for back up for NS farming. Good ideas? Thoughts? Anyway here we go...

Code: Select all

===Day 1===

[0] Ascension Start [0,0,0]
[1-31] Noob Cave [7,5,27]
     %> [31] Badmoon: Surprising!
     -> Turn [31] Black Cat
     => Level 2 (Turn 9)! (3/2/5)
Level 2 on turn 9 - that was very fast
31 turns for the cat is pretty much the fastest it can happen.

[32-33] Spooky Forest [1,0,1]
[34] Guild Challenge [0,0,0]
[35-41] Spooky Forest [1,0,4]
     +> [40] Got mosquito larva
I do the guild challenge for the meat because I need healers and I can't afford to get beaten up. I am guaranteed to get the larva on my final turn because of the recent spooky forest update. Five turn floor or minimum for the larva but it had to happen before the 9th turn, which is good because I only had 8 turns.

%> [41] Badmoon: This Doesn't Look Like Candy Mountain
     o> Ate 5 Brimstone Chicken Sandwich (25 adventures gained) [-131,0,140]
     o> Used 2 giant moxie weed [0,0,10]
     => Level 3 (Turn 40)! (0/3/10)
     => Level 4 (Turn 41)! (0/3/14)
The visualizer is not following my steps here. I get the larva and buy two sandwiches, since I'm at zero turns I don't have a choice. After the 1,000 meat BM adventure I buy the other three to consume to fullness. I decided to not sell the moxie weeds and get those moxie stats to get another stat point.

[42] Guild Challenge [0,0,0]
[43-47] Barrel Full of Barrels [0,0,0]
[48-52] Barrel Full of Barrels [0,0,0]
     +> [52] Got boxed wine
     o> Drank 1 fine wine (1 adventures gained) [0,0,4]
     o> Drank 1 margarita (5 adventures gained) [10,0,0]
     o> Drank 2 shot of tomato schnapps (3 adventures gained) [4,3,3]
     o> Drank 1 strawberry wine (5 adventures gained) [0,0,9]
I'm about to hit the barrells when I realize that the 2nd guild challenge would be hard to pass if I'm beaten up at the end of barrelling so I do that first. I always start with the exact same spot on the barrell grid, the top left corner has booze a higher % than the other two top rows, and I always start with the SE barrell on that grid. It explodes so I move to another quad ( I'm always hoping when I hit an explosion that drinks are somewhere else, they were) 2/4 drinks top row one more explosion and a mimic ....

Here's where I possibly could've gained a few turns. I don't have the booze to fill up my drunkeness, I only have two mixed drinks plus the five that I gained from getting the kitty, however I'm forgetting the knoll has the willer non combat so I could have drank those instead of farming schnapps or at least farmed them later. The boxed wine is for a night cap. I am really hoping I get lucky in the knoll... 27 turns left to collect a bounty.....

I buy ENVY not pride? My thought process is I'm already level 4 I haven't touched the cellar or the boss bat lair, there's a lot of useful drops in the knoll and I'm probably burning all my turns there unless I somehow get an insanely fast meat car and in that case, I'll have the meat to buy pride.

I also grad OSSP to help me get the jump and pickpocket stuff. It blocked every single thing that dropped in the forest. After the first turn there I grab my hella smooth buff and hairspray because my moxie isn't cutting it and with hardly any HP it doesn't take much to kill me.

[53-79] Degrassi Knoll [12,18,22]
     +> [55] Got Knoll mushroom
     +> [62] Got tires
     +> [73] Got Knoll mushroom, Knoll mushroom
     +> [76] Got Gnollish toolbox
     o> Drank 1 shot of grapefruit schnapps (1 adventures gained) [0,4,0]
Misclicked the wrong dang booze for a nightcap. Oh well now I have a easy crafted mix drink base I guess....

I don't know why mafia does it, and usually I don't care about it, but it automatically talks to the un-tinker guy so I got the screwdriver and basically wasted a turn there today. This is not cool that one turn could've been my 6th gnoll gearhead. Of course if I would've just adventured here first I would've saved a couple turns by drinking willers instead of barrells. Anyway I want to know if it's possible to avoid having mafia automatically talk to the un-tinkerer after I pass the 2nd guild test.

If anyone knows how to make mafia stop doing this please let me know. I really don't want to log out and back in for one turn...

Also I mentioned I fought five gearheads right? The cat swatted four toolboxes. I failed to pickpocket a toolbox twice to begin combat, the two times they got the jump were frustrating too, the only toolbox I got was from my 3rd pickpocket attempt... After I fail to get the lucre I open my toolbox and ... get a spring, sprocket and cog...

To make matters worse? After I was done with my turns THE RNG visited my clan and threw a curse on me for asking for help since the black cat was batting a thousand against me in toolboxes.

Positives from day 1:

Got the bugbear outfit from the knoll, got everything except the meat tank and rims for a meatcar,

Did not get beaten up once, except the mimic. Though I did run from a war chef twice just because I didn't want to get beaten up and have to go somewhere else besides the knoll. Healing items don't work to well with a cat.

Negatives:

Small mistake of forgetting about "free booze in the knoll"

Plans for tomorrow:

Since I don't have pride yet I'm considering eating 5 brimstone sandwiches again. I need the meat for it though and I would be unable to eat a fortune cookie so I'd have to bank at turn ~ 159 or sooner.

The other option is I get pride ASAP eat a fortune cookie and hopefully get a lunchbox and eat 4 chicken sandwiches. I think I gotta go with fortune cookie option. I'm really not getting any stats at all without pride. I need that skill very badly.

I'm a long way off from level 5, I kinda want to get there tomorrow and have the 2500 meat to get cocktailcrafting skill so I can summon stuff... and maybe even use an AC for a nightcap. It all depends on how the rats / barrells go.
Last edited by Mister Mickey on Sat Sep 11, 2010 7:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lespectre
AFH

Re: Downstairs Frank DB 100% black cat (in progress)

Post by Lespectre » Thu Sep 02, 2010 1:48 pm

Mister Mickey wrote:I don't know why mafia does it, and usually I don't care about it, but it automatically talks to the un-tinker guy so I got the screwdriver and basically wasted a turn there today.
Does the Rusty Screwdriver adventure not happen if you haven't talked to the Untinker? I can't find anything that says conclusively one way or the other. (It seems like the kind of thing they might change without much fanfare if people kept forgetting to talk to the Untinker first.)

phel
Pie in the Sky

Post by phel » Fri Sep 03, 2010 3:50 am

My day one (as a Sauceror) looked pretty similar. I ran to 5x hell food, then bought pride, and finished at about 4.5.

Day two, I hit level 5 and bought saucecrafting to begin collecting the reagents I'll use later in the run.

Day three, I finally finished a bounty, but might not even get to level 6, or get brains. I don't want to use a lucre in the tower for brains. My lucre will be used for limes, limes, and maybe laboratory.

Survivability is an issue for me (even in the fun house now) so I'm just going to tick along in each area in ascending difficulty. I'm not all that excited about the spooky forest turns I'll have to burn looking for the non-combat over and over again though.

lostcalpolydude
Forum Maestro

Post by lostcalpolydude » Fri Sep 03, 2010 5:02 am

I don't know why mafia does it, and usually I don't care about it, but it automatically talks to the un-tinker guy so I got the screwdriver and basically wasted a turn there today. This is not cool that one turn could've been my 6th gnoll gearhead. Of course if I would've just adventured here first I would've saved a couple turns by drinking willers instead of barrells. Anyway I want to know if it's possible to avoid having mafia automatically talk to the un-tinkerer after I pass the 2nd guild test.

If anyone knows how to make mafia stop doing this please let me know. I really don't want to log out and back in for one turn...
Looking through the source code, I can't find anything that would cause mafia to automatically talk to him. Even when I'm a muscle sign I have to go and talk to him on my own.
bmaher: Softcore character
lostcalpolydude: Hardcore character (abandoned)

Mister Mickey
Inscrutable Pi

Post by Mister Mickey » Fri Sep 03, 2010 9:31 am

Thanks for the responses guys I'll answer those responses really quick.

Les- you might be right they might have changed it. The screw driver didn't drop till after I made the meat car since I'd usually forget to talk to him after passing the 2nd guild test. It's usually not a bad thing to find the screwdriver early before assembling the meat car because I need just one superlikely in the knoll after opening the beach, instead of two....

Lost- I guess I can look at my raw mafia log and see if mafia made me talk to him. Whenever I do HC runs with a muscle sign I experience the same thing you do, untinker then link to knoll aquire screwdriver then link back to untinker. In BM though it's a different knoll than HCNP wallaby...

*edit I just went through my raw mafia session log from the part where it says I ascended to the adventure in the knoll where I got the screwdriver I never visited the untinkerer according to the log.

I guess next run I'll just have to manually pass the second test, talk to the meat car guy and possibly go to the knoll while not in mafia and see if I can still get the screwdriver superlikely from the get go.

I am correct that you have to get the shopping list after the 2nd test to even possibly get the screwdriver? Before that if you visit the untinkerer he says nothing of interest.

Phel- I think you'll find that you'll be good on reagents. Even if you do something crazy like turn on the hellavator after turn 65.... good luck in your run though...

Day 2 had a fun house bounty ( dang it 5/6 on gearheads without a meat tank) and a easy as cake DD... three locked doors, that was screaming for me to do the graveyard for possible keys after the knoll....

so here we go...

Turns to start: 41
Level: 4

===Day 2===

[80-85] Degrassi Knoll [3,3,2]
     +> [84] Got Gnollish toolbox, filthy lucre
     +> [85] Got Gnollish toolbox, filthy lucre
I wish I got a lucre back to back turns.

[86] Pre-Cyrpt Cemetary [0,0,0]
I was thinking about ways to get meat for a cocktailing kit and a hammer. Meat is definately not going to come from here....

[87] Unlucky Sewer [0,0,0]
     +> [87] Got worthless knick-knack
[88] Degrassi Knoll [0,0,0]
     %> [88] Badmoon: Flowers For Tupac Shakur
     o> Ate 5 Brimstone Chicken Sandwich (22 adventures gained) [-135,0,132]
I decided that instead of getting a semi rare today, I'd bank a few extra turns for tomorrow and stop before my semi rare range. My muscle is 0 now so I'm fragile again.

[89-90] Barrel Full of Barrels [0,0,0]
     o> Drank 1 whiskey and cola (5 adventures gained) [0,4,4]
I didn't need to hit the barrells till I see what the tavern deal is. I'm

[91] Typical Tavern Quest [1,1,1]
[92] Typical Tavern Quest [1,1,2]
[93] Typical Tavern Quest [3,1,3]
[94] Typical Tavern Quest [0,1,2]
[95] Typical Tavern Quest [0,1,3]
[96-97] Typical Tavern Quest [1,0,2]
[98] Typical Tavern Quest [0,2,5]
[99] Typical Tavern Quest [3,2,2]
[100] Typical Tavern Quest [1,2,3]
faucet is found on 11th square. My old saying is if you find the faucet before being halfway done with the place turn it off and don't look for the rat.................... I go to sleep here, in real life for the night. Five hours later I return and still can't figure out what to do. I need meat so I try a few more squares to make doing the artist quest worthwhile...

[101-103] Barrel Full of Barrels [0,0,0]
I do the barrells to see what kinda shape I'm in. I'm in decent shape not great so I figure it's time to get it over with.

[104] Typical Tavern Quest [0,2,1]
[105] Typical Tavern Quest [1,2,3]
     => Level 5 (Turn 105)! (0/7/20)
[106] Typical Tavern Quest [1,1,4]
[107] Typical Tavern Quest [0,0,0]
I found him. He insta kills me. I decide that I need meat so I start opening the pantry / knob and trying to get those artist pieces.

[108] Haunted Pantry [0,1,2]
[109] Outskirts of The Knob [0,0,0]
[110-112] Haunted Pantry [2,2,4]
[113-125] Outskirts of The Knob [10,13,21]
     +> [115] Got chef's hat
     +> [125] Got Knob Goblin encryption key
Long key, I could've had two chef's hats but the second one is in a sewer grate.

[126-127] Sleazy Back Alley [0,1,2]
[128] Knob Goblin Harem [0,0,0]
I don't know what I'm thinking here. I can't survive in there at all well not against the guards at least and I'm still using a disco ball...

[129] Typical Tavern Quest [0,0,0]
[130] Typical Tavern Quest [0,0,0]
[131-133] Unlucky Sewer [0,0,0]
I don't know how to say this but I really did not plan this out correctly. At this point I'm dangerously low on turns. If I get the meat for cocktailing I have a slight problem that my HP will be less than 10 so I can't summon the AC ingredients.

[135-136] South of the Border [0,0,0]
[137-138] Unlucky Sewer [0,0,0]
     o> Drank 1 bloody mary (6 adventures gained) [2,2,1]
I burn my styx buff here in order to survive... it doesn't work. I get beaten up, the turn before I get beaten up.

[139-143] South of the Border [2,1,5]
     +> [139] Got pickle-flavored chewing gum
     +> [140] Got bottle of tequila
     +> [141] Got marzipan skull
     %> [143] Badmoon: The Beaten-Senseless Man's Hand
     o> Drank 1 ice-cold Willer (1 adventures gained) [0,0,0]
[144] Typical Tavern Quest [0,0,0]
[145] Typical Tavern Quest [0,0,0]
[146] Typical Tavern Quest [0,0,0]
Needed the meat for AC and I bought lust as well... I was hoping that lust with 70% initiative would be good enough to get the jump on the rat but apparently his initiative scales too....
Enough is enough. My moxie manuver goes through and does 5 damage and I die. I've played myself into the corner now I can drink crappy drinks and fill up and night cap with a mixed drink and try and fight him tomorrow, but it's just not worth the effort.

An interesting note that I didn't know is on turn 144 I had 12 turns of beaten up left, and after losing to the Baron it was reduced to just 3 turns. I'm sure that knowledge is out there I guess I never payed attention to it.

[147-149] Haunted Pantry [3,4,6]
     +> [148] Got razor-sharp can lid
[150-151] Unlucky Sewer [0,0,0]
     +> [151] Got coconut shell
[152-153] Haunted Pantry [1,2,2]
     %> [153] Badmoon: Pantry Raid!
     o> Drank 1 whiskey sour (5 adventures gained) [9,0,0]
I wanted to get the last item to turn in the rat meat. See AC is not a very good skill when you lack a cocktail crafting kit. I spent way too much effort on the baron that was all completely wasted. What this BM effect does give me is the ability to summon the rest of my mixers if I can get the MP. Already full so no lucifer... whiskey and soda ? Nooooooo that was a whiskey sour which would've mixed with my coconut shell.... I think it's time to only eat or drink with mafia displaying their effects outside the relay browser. MP is expensive from the doc, so barrells it is.

[154] Barrel Full of Barrels [0,0,0]
     +> [154] Got magical ice cubes, magical ice cubes
[155-156] Haunted Pantry [1,0,2]
     +> [155] Got chef's hat
Now I do have two chef hats.....

[157] Mix 1 coconut shell + 1 Typical Tavern swill [0,0,0]
     +> [157] Got Typical Tavern swill, Typical Tavern swill, Typical Tavern swill
     o> Drank 1 tropical swill (12 adventures gained) [30,3,2]
[158] Mix 1 Typical Tavern swill + 1 magical ice cubes [0,0,0]
     o> Drank 1 blended frozen swill (11 adventures gained) [2,2,29]
Looking back at it I should've found the faucet, searched for the rat and then opened up the battlefield/ ruins by getting the shovel from the graveyard. Not only would I have had a small chance to see the cat bat away a CCW but I also might have been able to get a nap sack to kill him.

Another possible way is if I would've not gone in beaten up and used the +20 moxie BM adventure in the back alley and hella smooth. Those two together would've given me about 50 moxie and my muscle was 3 at this point so it would've gone to 1.... I would've probably needed lust and then I would've had to get the jump and not have the cat block the MM.... so basically that's not very good odds at all...

Tomorrow I'll start with 64 turns, meaning I'll have more turns to mess stuff up. My semi rare range is starting soon so it's adventure in semi rare areas or eat a cookie from the get go.

I think my fatal mistake was asking /hardcore for advice on whether or not to kill the baron in a kittycore run. Only one person said that it was not worth it. That guy was right, the rest were wrong, well maybe they were right but I just didn't put the right strategy together to beat him.
Last edited by Mister Mickey on Sun Sep 05, 2010 7:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mister Mickey
Inscrutable Pi

Post by Mister Mickey » Sat Sep 04, 2010 5:39 pm

Before I even log into KoL to play turns for a BM speed run, I check the calendar to see what I'm up against in the DD. I do this even after I have my two keys from the DD, because sometimes there's a locked door or even two locked doors infront of the chest in the 3rd room that might contain a potato sprout familiar if I don't have one.

Also the calendar lists bounty hunts since I usually have the "best option so far" accepted. Daily dungeon all looked like a cake walk to get through except for a hard myst test. Guaranteed to succeed at 59 mysticality..... right now I have 31 buffed myst from the +20 BM effect in the pantry, and if I skip the 3rd chest I'd only have one chance to pass the hard myst test before that buff wears off. I think I'm better off waiting till tomorrow.

Since there's no bounties that are useful to collect today, I can focus on the council quests: boss bat, knob king and getting parts for my chef/bartender-in-a-box.

===Day 3===

[159-160] Unlucky Sewer [0,0,0]
     +> [159] Got worthless gewgaw
     +> [160] Got empty meat tank, magical ice cubes, worthless knick-knack
     o> Ate 1 fortune cookie (1 adventures gained) [0,0,0]
[161-163] Barrel Full of Barrels [0,0,0]
[164] Barrel Full of Barrels [0,0,0]
I started the day off with the BM myst buff still active, so I burned it off by sewering for trinkets. In order to farm the second one I had to un-tinker my meat engine and sell off the parts that's why it's saying I acquired an empty meat tank. Fortune cookie says 15 turns till a semi rare, so I wouldn't have been able to get to it yesterday since I only had 14 turns left but I couldn't have known that since I had not eaten a fortune cookie yet.

[165-167] Pre-Cyrpt Cemetary [7,4,15]
[168] Knob Goblin Harem [0,0,0]
     +> [168] Got Knob Goblin harem veil
[169-177] Guano Junction [16,13,35]
     +> [171] Got broken skull, sonar-in-a-biscuit
     +> [172] Got baseball
     +> [175] Got sonar-in-a-biscuit
     +> [177] Got sonar-in-a-biscuit
[178] Outskirts of The Knob [0,0,0]
     #> [178] Semirare: Lunchboxing
1 coffee and 2 pasties, I wanted 2 coffee and 1 pasty. I get the harem veil for stench resistance so I can get into the junction. I pickpocket 3 sonars, one briefcase, one baseball and the cat bats 1 sonar and 1 baseball away...

[179] Pre-Cyrpt Cemetary [0,1,4]
[180-182] Bat Hole Entryway [1,4,6]
     %> [182] Badmoon: Onna Stick
I can survive easily in the cemetray but there's the BM adventure that I want to use for the boss bat lair that will happen shortly...

[183-194] Moxie Vacation [0,0,44]
I shore to get rid of the BM negative moxie buff that I got with the meat, I tried for ice cubes, I want extra mixers more than the three NS 6th tower room items. Not having the tower item costs me 4 turns, to get it after I see what I'm up against later on. Getting 3 mixers from a shore trip adds more turns than that. I should have gone for muscle vacations however because not only do I have a chance at the coconut shells mixers, I would've also had a chance for anti-cheese that I need to make a goat.

[195] Smith 1 banjo strings + 1 big rock [0,0,0]
[196] Smith 1 stone banjo + 1 disco ball [0,0,0]
[197-198] Pre-Cyrpt Cemetary [2,4,3]
     +> [197] Got smart skull
     %> [198] Badmoon: What Do We Want?
[199-205] Boss Bat's Lair [17,11,30]
     +> [205] Got Boss Bat bandana
There was a recent update that made banish items not work in this area. Ever since that update it seems like I have been having to fight more body guards as well. This update upset a lot of people so Jick also lowered the early guild skill level costs. My meat problems are now over for the moment.

[206-209] Pre-Cyrpt Cemetary [6,9,12]
     +> [206] Got skeleton bone
     +> [209] Got grave robbing shovel
     o> Ate 2 Knob pasty (13 adventures gained) [12,11,11]
I eat two pasties on accident. See pride and gluttony were also changed recently and I forgot for a moment that I only have 14 fullness because of it.

[210] Fun House [2,0,3]
     +> [210] Got box
[211] Pre-Cyrpt Cemetary [0,0,0]
[212-214] Muscle Vacation [0,0,0]
     +> [214] Got stick of dynamite
I want to get my last vacation over with before my 35 turn counter expires or else I get a shore tower item no matter what. I still have ten turns before that happens and I get the item anyway.

[215-218] Typical Tavern [0,50,-10]
     %> [217] Badmoon: Because Stereotypes Are Awesome
     +> [217] Got leprechaun hatchling
     +> [218] Got beer lens, beer lens, little paper umbrella
I got lag after the chaun BM adventure, fought it by clicking everywhere randomly, somehow after the smoke cleared I was looking at the nearby plains, so I checked my inventory for beer lens sure enough they were there. I run into this problem sometimes in the oasis, and other areas with a lot of quest items and superlikely adventures. My moto for it is when in doubt check your inventory for the item you're looking for.

[219-226] Fernswarthy's Ruins [6,7,21]
     %> [224] Badmoon: Mind the Fine Print
     +> [226] Got bartender-in-the-box, disembodied brain
     o> Ate 3 Brimstone Chicken Sandwich (13 adventures gained) [-78,0,81]
     o> Drank 1 blended frozen swill (12 adventures gained) [2,3,29]
     o> Drank 1 calle de miel (11 adventures gained) [9,0,25]
     o> Drank 1 shot of tomato schnapps (1 adventures gained) [1,1,2]
     o> Drank 1 thermos full of Knob coffee (6 adventures gained) [5,6,6]
pickpocket a brain from the 2nd brain sweeper, I make a bartender because I can't see myself making any food today that is decent at all.... so I eat 3 hell food to try and get closer to level 6, I'm almost there if I wouldn't have ate that second pasty I'd be even closer to level 6.....

[227-232] Knob Goblin Harem [11,15,18]
     +> [227] Got Cobb's Knob lab key, disease
I get lazy and use my attack till critical combat macro, I get beaten up by a harem girl, my first time beaten up today....

[233-245] Fernswarthy's Ruins [23,17,41]
     +> [239] Got disembodied brain
     o> Ate 1 Jumbo Dr. Lucifer (2 adventures gained) [0,0,0]
     o> Used 1 Manual of Dexterity [0,0,20]
     o> Drank 1 horizontal tango (10 adventures gained) [0,35,0]
     => Level 6 (Turn 243)! (0/15/29)
You may wonder why did I stop with so many turns left? It's time for me to go to work in real life. I also only had ~ 37 turns left. There is not going to be much advantage for me getting through part 1 of the friars quest today, an extra booze or food blessing is all. The friars quest was updated recently. I've only done one BM run since the update but the friars part one took 47 turns out of a possible 48 max.

There were two turns I did that didn't appear here, I did two turns in the friars just to see how difficult it is to survive, kill the first guy and second guy beats me up. They're going to be difficult to defeat.

I nightcap and throw on my hella smooth buff to help me make some progress on the friars tomorrow.

Goals tomorrow? Key lime pies, liver, level 7 for an easy smart skull before eating and I think that about covers it. Oh and a quick box from the fun house and I'll have my chef-in-a-box made.

I think I kept the airship bounty without realizing that I will probably go for the wand as early as possible. I'll need to complete some bounty somewhere before I get to the airship most likely. Just have to see what tomorrow brings.
Last edited by Mister Mickey on Sun Sep 05, 2010 5:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mister Mickey
Inscrutable Pi

Post by Mister Mickey » Sat Sep 04, 2010 9:42 pm

Day four went pretty well.....

===Day 4===
     o> Used 1 Manual of Dexterity [0,0,40]
[247-252] Dark Elbow
Being beaten up while I have my hella smooth buff on. I can only blame myself for not having MP going into the fight to de-level a monster properly. This place is survivable but I need to face stab some enemies.

[253-256] Fun House [16,30,41]
     +> [256] Got bottle of gin
     o> Ate 1 Jumbo Dr. Lucifer (2 adventures gained) [0,0,0]
I didn't heal myself enough and a bugbear in a box beats me up first turn in the fun house. I've now been beaten up as much as yesterday and I haven't played ten turns yet.

[257-260] Dark Elbow 
     [261-262] Knob Goblin Harem [14,31,30]
     +> [262] Got Knob Goblin harem pants, Knob Goblin perfume, magical ice cubes
     o> Ate 2 Jumbo Dr. Lucifer (5 adventures gained) [0,0,0]
A +7 moxie cape from the king would be nice right now since I'm having trouble surviving in the friars. If I get beaten up I decide that I'll try to set the hellavator and grab my back alley buff to beat the Goblin King and score the cape.

[263-266] Dark Elbow
    +>[266] Got Eldritch butterknife
[267-268] Dark heart
Beaten up again.

[269] Daily Dungeon [0,0,0]
Tried to force the locked door open, failed probably because I'm beaten up.

[270-271] Fun House [5,3,9]
[272-277] Dark heart
   +> [274] Got Hot Plate
[272] Rest in your dwelling [13,23,30]
     o> Ate 1 Jumbo Dr. Lucifer (3 adventures gained) [0,0,0]
I rested for free with disco nap. I equip the finger cymbals which gives me 20 more MP possible and then I eat the lucifer, this puts my MP at maximum, I use the excess MP to restore health and use the 1 MP skill. After I get my MP back down to where I won't lose it by un-equipping my finger cymbals I put the EW back on and go back to the forest. I always do this when I eat a lucifer.

Like I said I can survive but it's tedious. I also one time did make the mistake of forgetting to burn off the extra MP before switching weapons so I wasted 20 MP.

[278-279] Fun House [2,5,8]
[280] Smith 1 big red clown nose + 1 clown skin [0,0,0]
I have 4 clownsity so I decided to smith the belt, I might get the clownlord before a box at this rate.

[281-287] Fun House [17,18,30]
     +> [282] Got bottle of tequila, bottle of vodka
     +> [283] Got box
     +> [284] Got box
Got my box for a chef and an extra one for a 4-d camera possibly later on. The extra moxie from the LEW and the + combat damage for disco combos will make surviving the friars a bit easier. Also +10% meat will help virtually everywhere. Not that I'm having meat problems.

[288] Hippy Camp [8,7,14]
[289] Dark Heart
[290-292] Daily Dungeon [0,0,0]
[293] Smith 1 Disco Banjo + 1 vial of mojo [6,18,20]
[294-299] Dark Heart
Beaten up

[299-301] Heartbreaker's Hotel [0,0,0]
     o> Drank 2 bloody mary (12 adventures gained) [3,4,2]
     o> Drank 1 calle de miel (13 adventures gained) [10,0,25]
     o> Drank 1 slap and tickle (10 adventures gained) [0,10,25]
I want a ten or a seven and I strike out three times, neither number comes up. With the extra moxie from the LEW I probably don't need a cape anymore anyway.... I couldn't think of a good place to adventure, I guess I could've gone for some pixels or to the spooky forest...

[302-305] Whitey's Grove [66,52,80]
[306] Dark Heart  
    +>[306] Got box of birthday candles
[312-320]
    +>[320] Got dodecagram 
[321-345] Friar's Gate [59,66,93]
     +> [331] Got Azazel's unicorn
     +> [341] Got Azazel's lollipop
[346] Daily Dungeon [0,0,0]
[347-352] Friar's Gate [5,14,10]
     +> [352] Got Azazel's tutu
[353-354] Daily Dungeon [0,0,0]
[355] Hippy Camp [1,3,5]
[356] Knob Goblin Kitchens [6,9,8]
Tasty tarts would give me enough adventures to safely start lime hunting today, KGE uniform would give me more limes. I figure I will get the jump and pickpocket 1/3 pieces from the captain. I get the jump and pickpocket the pants! More moxie for me, and the cat doesn't bat either or the other two equipment pieces, my cat does spin around in circles all the time it seems like, but I'll take that over batting useful items anyday.

[357-363] Hippy Camp [19,23,33]
     +> [362] Got filthy knitted dread sack
     %> [363] Badmoon: Better Dread Than Dead
[364-367] Daily Dungeon [3,5,1]
     +> [367] Got Sneaky Pete's key
That can only be discribed as awesome right there. I need to burn the rest of my hippy camp BM buff off somewhere where I can survive with 35 moxie... billards room it is.

[368-374] Haunted Billiards Room [12,12,27]
     +> [368] Got pool cue
I let my MP pile up too much and the cat steals it so I take the chef hat off, now that I have seltzers I want + item / moxie or initiative anyway.

12 seems to be the lowest number of MP that I ever saw the cat take my MP away... anytime I had more than that I tried to spend the MP in combat.

[375] Friar's Gate [0,0,0]
     +> [375] Got steel margarita
     o> Ate 3 Brimstone Chicken Sandwich (16 adventures gained) [-78,0,81]
I should've tried to save 4 fullness for a key pie today. I was so close too.... I probably could've got it if I really tried and that would've been a couple more adventures... the problem is I'm 200 stats short of level 7 aka the easy smart skull, so even if I get a lime to eat it today I'd have to waste 3 turns with on the trail and my item drop buffs going, I decide it's not worth it when I have to craft food. Hopefully that is the last time I have to eat anything from there.

o> Ate 1 Jumbo Dr. Lucifer (3 adventures gained) [0,0,0]
[376] King's Chamber [10,10,18]
     +> [376] Got Crown of the Goblin King
[377-380] Whitey's Grove [2,4,8]
     %> [377] Badmoon: A White Lie
     +> [379] Got bird rib
[381-388] Haunted Billiards Room [10,28,22]
     +> [388] Got odor extractor
Meat mullet wig and 3 white lightnings as well from the grove. I burn the rest of the buff opening the library...

[389-396] Menagerie 1 [24,30,52]
     +> [395] Got lime
     o> Drank 1 slip 'n' slide (10 adventures gained) [36,0,0]
     *> [391] Started hunting Fruit Golem
     => Level 7 (Turn 396)! (13/26/40)
I already know my plan for day 5 is going to be finishing hunting fruit golems, grab a smart skull from the cyrpt then eat drink and bank for FoB.... hopefully I can get on when the lag doesn't suck because I'll have a ton of adventures to play...
Last edited by Mister Mickey on Sun Sep 05, 2010 6:44 am, edited 4 times in total.

Lespectre
AFH

Post by Lespectre » Sat Sep 04, 2010 11:20 pm

I'm curious about the math on hunting fruit golems in Cat Moon. Key Lime Pies are 4 adv/full, plus good stats. Fruit pies are 2 adv/full plus poor stats. Because Key Lime pies are 4 fullness, every lime you get is worth eight adventures, plus some stats. (Assuming that your alternative is to eat fruit pies, and you'd use at least as much fullness on fruit pie as you end up using on key lime pie.) You also get cherries from the golems and stats from fighting the golems and other monsters.

In what I think is the best case in cat moon, you have envy, peeled eyeballs, Mad Looting (although that comes a bit late, at level eight), 40 turns of the Friar's buff, and 20 turns of the Styx moxie buff. That's 30 + 15 + 20 + 30 = +95% items, plus an additional 20 for 20 of the turns. I'm not going to count the rave combo, since I think the cat is too likely to screw it up.

Assuming I did the math right, you'll pickpocket a lime .129*N portion of the time, where N is the portion of the time you get the jump. To be maximally generous to lime farming, we'll say you always get the jump. In combats where you do not pickpocket a lime - .871 portion of the combats - you have a 29% chance of getting a lime drop for 20 of the adventures, and a 32% chance of getting a lime drop for the rest. I'm going to average these to 31% over the whole 40 turns, which isn't technically correct but is good enough. You expect to see about 30 golems, which means you expect to pick pocket 3.8 limes and see 8.1 drop. (If you're missing either Mad Looting skills, you expect 7.25). That's pre-batting. I have no idea what the bat rate is; call it B. The expected number of limes you expect to get under the best scenario is (3.8 + 8.1*(1-B)). If B is .5 (I think it's lower than that), then you expect to get 7.85 limes, which are worth 63 turns over eating fruit pies, plus better stats and not having to pay for fruit. If B is .3, you expect to get 75 adventures worth of limes, which is about enough to cover the cost in turns of farming plus the whole cost of getting the lucre, plus you get cherries and the stats from the monsters. (The expected number of cherries is the same as the expected number of limes.)

Overall, it looks as though sniffing golems is worth about ~70 turns plus whatever the cherries get you (does anyone know what the bat rate is?) which means that it's probably worth it, especially since it also gives you stats. It's arguably not worth it if you're going totally out of your way to get the lucre, but even then it's probably close, especially if you mostly care about daycount. It's a bit worse if you don't have Mad Looting skills, and probably a bit worse than that figure since you might not really get the jump every time; overall it looks surprisingly close.

EDIT: I'm dumb and forgot the monocle. I don't want to recalculate, but with the monocle you're at something like 8.24 expected drop-limes in the best case.

Another interesting thing this shows is that getting the jump is more important than having a little extra item drop. If you lose the jump half the time, you lose almost two limes. You need a LOT of extra item drop to get two extra expected limes - if the bat rate is 50%, you need around +100% item drop to get two more expected limes.

Mister Mickey
Inscrutable Pi

Post by Mister Mickey » Sun Sep 05, 2010 7:11 am

Lespectre wrote:I'm curious about the math on hunting fruit golems in Cat Moon
Salti said in his BM guide that if you can get 4 limes you'll "break even" ... I obviously consider breaking even a failure. Salti also said in Diamond Radio Program (DRP) thread that turning the hellavator on turn 1 to 10 was worth 12 turns in a BM run which we already discussed in your BM run log..... I still do lime hunting because I'm a turn maximizer. Over the course of 8,9, 10, 12 or 15 day run or however long it is it might still be worth it. For my run there's other variables to consider....

As far as my run goes, I don't have the hippy outfit so fruit pies are out. I've been eating lucifers which are 2 full/adv and give MP ( no stats though) I think they're basically triple the price of fruit pies and cost no turns to craft, I also ate a lot of hell main stat food, they're listed as 1.87 adv/full, twice the cost but since I don't have to craft them and they're decent stats... there's the other kicker since I don't have a chef yet. If I can get to level 9 somehow I can get the hippy outfit from the non combat.

Cherries can be zapped into limes as well or used for a slightly better mixed drink than normal AC base drinks.
In what I think is the best case in cat moon, you have envy, peeled eyeballs, Mad Looting (although that comes a bit late, at level eight), 40 turns of the Friar's buff, and 20 turns of the Styx moxie buff.
I have all that stuff except mad looting since I'm only level 7 and out of habit I used a knob pet buffing spray to help boost my familiars weight and... wait I've got a cat as a familiar, 250 meat down the drain there.
Assuming I did the math right, you'll pickpocket a lime .129*N portion of the time, where N is the portion of the time you get the jump. To be maximally generous to lime farming, we'll say you always get the jump.
I almost always will, I failed to get the infernal insoles so I only have a 90% instead of 100% chance to get the jump at the moment according to the wiki's formula
It's a bit worse if you don't have Mad Looting skills, and probably a bit worse than that figure since you might not really get the jump every time; overall it looks surprisingly close.
correct I don't have mad loot and I probably will only get the jump 9/10 times.
EDIT: I'm dumb and forgot the monocle. I don't want to recalculate, but with the monocle you're at something like 8.24 expected drop-limes in the best case.
I don't have a monocle.
Another interesting thing this shows is that getting the jump is more important than having a little extra item drop.
This is very true on any level where you can pickpocket an item and get it to drop. Take star charts for instance, they're a 100% drop so if you get the jump you always pickpocket it right?

If you don't get the jump then there's only a 50% chance it will drop.

One thing you need to consider is that if I can get enough limes to key limes pies for just the next two days then those extra turns will be turns that i will use on a FoB... which will give me a FoB monster ~ 35 turns... that is decent food, better than fruit pies for sure.

Lespectre
AFH

Post by Lespectre » Sun Sep 05, 2010 7:58 pm

Mister Mickey wrote:
Lespectre wrote:I'm curious about the math on hunting fruit golems in Cat Moon
Salti said in his BM guide that if you can get 4 limes you'll "break even" ... I obviously consider breaking even a failure. Salti also said in Diamond Radio Program (DRP) thread that turning the hellavator on turn 1 to 10 was worth 12 turns in a BM run which we already discussed in your BM run log..... I still do lime hunting because I'm a turn maximizer.
If you get four limes, you have 16 fullness of key lime pie over eating fruit pie. Each key lime pie is 4 adv/full. Each fruit pie is 2 adv/full. So each fullness you spend on Key Lime Pie instead of fruit pie is worth 2 adventures, so you're up 32 adventures if you only get four limes, plus you have the stats from the monsters and cherries - but you're down the 40+ adventures it took to actually kill them, plus you're down a lucre. If your next-best food is not fruit pie but hell food, then each fullness you spend on a KLP is worth 2.33 adventures, so you're up 37 adventures if that's the case, which is closer to breaking even - but it still cost you a lucre. In order for 4 limes to be breaking even just on the adventures it takes to get them, you'd need to be eating food that is only 1.5 adv/fullness, which makes no sense because you have hell food. Realistically, you want 5+ limes, I think. (I mean, you obviously want as many as possible, but if you only get 4, then the endeavor cost you turns and a lucre, although it also got you cherries and stats.)

Other notes: If you have no chef, fruit pies are 1.33 net adv/fullness, worse than Hell Food. If you have no chef, KLP are still 3.25 Adv/fullness. If you aren't planning on ever making a chef at all and your next-best food to KLP is Hell Food, then you need 6.3 limes to cover the 40 adventures it took to get them.

Mister Mickey
Inscrutable Pi

Post by Mister Mickey » Sun Sep 05, 2010 8:37 pm

Les- Yeah I consider 4 limes a total loss. Your math is amazing. Also I do plan on making a chef. I was waiting till I hit level 8 so I could get a smart skull in the crypt instead of the cemetary, there's like 2 monsters in the crypt zone where the smart skull guy is so way better chances of getting it quicker there...

Since the lucre didn't take me an extra turn to get I really under value the cost. Right now I still have an airship bounty and if I don't see a better choice in the next couple days that is probably the next bounty that I will complete. Which I mean I can make it work I think but it's depressing sometimes when bounties just don't line up at all... but that is something you can't control.

Day 5 begins
Adventures: 50
meat: 6,217

There's a one time only KoL event going on right now. Everyday that the digging site is open anyone in the kingdom can grab a special shovel. I have been throwing them into my DC but I don't this time. While I'm autoselling some things I notice it sells for 50 meat. Free 50 meat, I also always stay in a clan that has a claw machine over rollover. I sell the stuffies and stuff for meat eventually unless somehow I get through the run without meat problems.

My point is I sell everything in a BM run. Everything that I won't need later on is sold.

===Day 5===

[397-431] Menagerie 1 [117,125,237]
     +> [399] Got coconut shell
     +> [400] Got coconut shell, lime
     +> [401] Got lime
     +> [402] Got lime
     +> [403] Got lime, lime
     +> [404] Got lime
     +> [405] Got lime
     +> [406] Got lime
     +> [409] Got lime
     +> [410] Got lime, lime
     +> [411] Got lime
     +> [422] Got lime
     +> [423] Got lime
The cat batted 3 limes 2 cherries and zero oranges. I end up with 8 limes, 11 cherries and 14 oranges. I lost the jump 4 times and fought 29 fruit golems (I had one turn of my burrito blessing left so I got a fruit golem without on the trail at the very end. I pickpocketed 2 limes so it doesn't appear like the cat bats 50% of items away, that or I got lucky...

[432-435] Defiled Nook [7,10,17]
     +> [432] Got skeleton bone
     +> [433] Got skeleton bone
     +> [434] Got loose teeth
     +> [435] Got chef-in-the-box, smart skull
cat gets two smart skulls turns 432 and 433, I get the smart skull via pickpocket again.

o> Ate 2 Sneaky Pete's key lime pie (31 adventures gained) [0,0,60]
[436-439] Pirate Cove [15,13,29]
     +> [437] Got stuffed shoulder parrot
     +> [439] Got bottle of rum
I have no fruit that mixes with rum, I need to statis grapefruits next time, I was a little scared to do it with a kitty and being a moxie class with not very much HP but it would've saved me a little trouble.

[440] Menagerie 3 [4,1,7]
[441-444] Barrel Full of Barrels [2,1,3]
[445] Barrel Full of Barrels [3,3,4]
[446-447] Barrel Full of Barrels [0,0,0]
     +> [447] Got bottle of vodka
I get 4/4 mix drinks and none of them are advanced cocktailing base drinks, I failed to pickpocket booze from a booze giant and none dropped....

o> Used 1 Manual of Dexterity [0,0,100]
     o> Ate 2 cherry pie (20 adventures gained) [0,20,0]
     o> Drank 1 rum and cola (5 adventures gained) [0,0,12]
     o> Drank 2 slip 'n' slide (25 adventures gained) [69,0,0]
     o> Drank 1 vodka and cranberry (5 adventures gained) [0,18,0]
     o> Drank 1 whiskey and cola (6 adventures gained) [0,4,6]
     o> Drank 1 white Canadian (5 adventures gained) [12,0,0]
     o> Drank 1 white lightning (7 adventures gained) [0,0,0]
I considered getting gluttony in order to eat four key lime pies. I decided to not bother yet. The ultimate factor was the cost @ 3,200 meat and the stat loss.

Tomorrow is FoB, yay eat eat eat...

lostcalpolydude
Forum Maestro

Post by lostcalpolydude » Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:31 pm

Farming limes gives you some stats, saving you a few turns of powerleveling (someone that knows something about BM can come up with a number here). You're still down a lucre, though.
bmaher: Softcore character
lostcalpolydude: Hardcore character (abandoned)

Mister Mickey
Inscrutable Pi

Post by Mister Mickey » Mon Sep 06, 2010 6:07 am

I ended up with 8 limes and I got the lucre in 0 extra turns, did I come out ahead?

Mecha bounty again today... and I still have it from last time... I think I can hit level 10 today... I kol profile stocked Snooj one of the two people I'm up against and he hit level 10 today..

Mister Mickey
Inscrutable Pi

Post by Mister Mickey » Mon Sep 06, 2010 8:32 pm

can I take a mulligan for day 6 ? Alright I'll just claim that finding out in RL that I'm basically losing my job next week effected how I played today...

well today I came up with a huge of list of things NOT to do in a kittycore run....

#1 - as a moxie class on a FoB always have enough MP to cast Moxie manuever one time against FoB monsters.... lost twice ( once was the stuffing)...

#2 - do not worry about setting the ballroom song early because it will never appear and you'll be running away from monsters instead of killing them.

#3 - Do not mess with the hellavator unless turning it on for +ML for the entire run

#4 - Do not under any circumstances let the RNG frustrate you, it will cause you to make even bigger mistakes "misclicks" etc. that will cost you lots and lots of turns.

I think that covers it. Bad RNG is no excuse for bad play neither is RL....

If this is not the worst day of this run then I'll probably quit...

===Day 6===

[448-450] Daily Dungeon [2,1,4]
Daily dungeon is not good today, I burn my temporary blindness off by doing DD though, spooky forest would've probably been better.

o> Used 1 Manual of Dexterity [0,0,40]
[451-457] Pirate Cove [21,14,36]
     +> [454] Got swashbuckling pants
     +> [457] Got eyepatch
[458-460] Greater-Than Sign [6,4,17]
[461-469] Haunted Library [26,27,54]
     +> [464] Got inkwell
Got 2/3 items for a greed demon scroll, the pen drops from two monsters in the area so maybe it's worth getting the scroll for the nuns maybe it's not... probably not

[470-472] Defiled Alcove [14,12,18]
[473-477] Defiled Niche [15,20,39]
[478-484] Defiled Alcove [43,29,75]
     +> [479] Got rusty grave robbing shovel
     +> [483] Got loose teeth
     o> Ate 5 Sneaky Pete's key lime pie (78 adventures gained) [0,0,157]
[485-491] Defiled Niche [23,23,49]
[492-495] Defiled Cranny [37,37,43]
[496] Defiled Nook [2,1,15]
[497-503] Haunted Bedroom [0,0,50]
     +> [499] Got Lord Spookyraven's spectacles
[504-506] Heartbreaker's Hotel [0,0,0]
auto attack versus the nightstands is not good, 0/6 on the hellavator going for a floor ten. You'd think I'd just give up but no... I don't...

[507-514] Haunted Bedroom [0,52,0]
[515-516] Haunted Ballroom [0,0,0]
[517-519] Sleazy Back Alley [2,6,5]
     +> [517] Got spider web, spider web
[520] Outskirts of The Knob [0,0,0]
     %> [520] Badmoon: O Goblin, Where Art Thou?
Lunchbox is the other number or I just had a BM adventure eat my semi rare, which should be impossible.

[521] Haunted Ballroom [0,0,0]
[522] Defiled Cranny [0,0,0]
[523-524] Heartbreaker's Hotel [0,0,0]
[525] Sleazy Back Alley [2,1,2]
[526] Haunted Ballroom [0,0,0]
[527-528] Sleazy Back Alley [1,1,3]
     %> [528] Badmoon: Sandwiched in the Club
[529] Defiled Cranny [1,8,9]
[530-539] Haunted Ballroom [7,5,70]
The BM buff lets me pickpocket or runaway, I can't survive the ballroom yet. I'm wasting a lot of turns and not getting the song quick. It was a gamble that I shouldn't have taken.

[540] Defiled Cranny [0,0,0]
[541] Heartbreaker's Hotel [0,0,0]
[542] Defiled Cranny [6,5,6]
[543] Outskirts of The Knob [0,0,0]
     #> [543] Semirare: Lunchboxing
     o> Ate 1 Knob pasty (7 adventures gained) [6,5,5]
[544-545] Defiled Cranny [10,3,14]
[546-548] Haunted Ballroom [3,7,18]
     => Level 8 (Turn 548)! (25/34/53)
[549-552] Defiled Cranny [21,22,47]
[553-557] Defiled Nook [15,17,26]
     +> [553] Got loose teeth, skeleton bone
     +> [554] Got skeleton bone, smart skull
     +> [555] Got skeleton bone
     +> [556] Got skeleton bone, smart skull
     +> [557] Got skeleton bone
[558-559] Haunted Ballroom [0,0,0]
[560] Heartbreaker's Hotel [0,0,0]
Finally got a 10, that only took a zillion turns. Dumbest idea ever. Never go for special equipment in BM is now my moto, never not even for the soup bone staff....I do have both drops from the tap dance skeleton, but they were expensive and I was already able to survive the normal areas that I was adventuring in without those things.

[561] Greater-Than Sign [6,4,12]
[562] 8-Bit Realm [2,2,2]
[563-564] Haunted Ballroom [0,0,0]
[565-568] Defiled Nook [23,20,100]
     +> [565] Got loose teeth
     +> [567] Got skeleton bone
One non combat from the moxie square....

[569] Haert of the Cyrpt [31,33,55]
     +> [569] Got chest of the Bonerdagon, skull of the Bonerdagon, vertebra of the Bonerdagon
     o> Used 1 chest of the Bonerdagon [150,150,150]
[570-578] Barrrney's Barrr [28,38,77]
     +> [571] Got bottle of rum
     +> [572] Got bottle of rum
     +> [576] Got bottle of rum
[579-581] Spooky Forest [5,3,6]
[582] Heartbreaker's Hotel [0,0,0]
[583-585] Haunted Bedroom [0,0,0]
[586-591] Barrrney's Barrr [30,25,57]
     +> [589] Got bottle of rum
     +> [590] Got bottle of rum
Not a single non combat in the bar besides the captain giving me the map first turn. I collect 7 insults and still don't see a non combat. Guess I might as well get the Fcle done without the song on, since it's the one place that non combats will hurt me.

[592] Cap'm Caronch's Map [8,1,6]
[594] Orcish Frathouse Blueprints [0,0,0]
[596-597] Barrrney's Barrr [0,0,0]
Two tries beat him.

[598-607] Haunted Bathroom [27,193,156]
     %> [607] Badmoon: You Look Flushed
Hit GmoB adventure 3 times, I'm not falling for it RNG... I have a kitty, the choice non combat adventure is pretty nice though for moxie stats...

[608-611] F'c'le [24,12,36]
     +> [610] Got ball polish
     +> [611] Got barrrnacle
     o> Ate 1 tofurkey leg (8 adventures gained) [72,0,0]
[612] Barrrney's Barrr [6,6,11]
     +> [612] Got bottle of rum
[613-618] F'c'le [23,32,58]
     +> [613] Got rigging shampoo
First mop pirate doesn't give me the mop, 185% item drop doesn't guarantee the Fledges items but it's as close as I can get.

The bar turn is huge misclick, this is why last adventure was invented or at least why it's there.

I do one turn after my item drop buffs run out and of course it's the mop pirate, it might not have worked out that way, but that one misclick cost me 20 turns if I still get the mop guy with one turn left of my item drop buffs.

On a different note I saw at least three of the barnacle drop pirate guy, I got two barnacles.

[619] Haunted Bedroom [0,0,0]
[620] Haunted Ballroom [0,0,0]
Fledges would've solved my meat problems, instead bedroom solves it in one turn. The non combat song shows up first turn in the ballroom, this is usually the point where I set the song...

[621-628] Itznotyerzitz Mine [16,10,28]
     +> [621] Got miner's helmet
     +> [625] Got 7-Foot Dwarven mattock
     +> [628] Got miner's pants
Extra hat drops from a miner...

[629-632] Greater-Than Sign [6,3,9]
     +> [630] Got plus sign
     o> Drank 2 white lightning (14 adventures gained) [0,0,0]
Burn off blindness and teleportis at the same time... did I mention the trapper wanted chrome ore?

[633-638] Itznotyerzitz Mine (in Disguise) [0,0,0]
[639-641] Itznotyerzitz Mine (in Disguise) [0,0,0]
Mafia is only giving me one choice of where to dig. I could've got the ore a lot quicker if I would've figured out how the ore shaped together. See the ore and lumps of diamonds are always aranged in tetris pieces, but sometimes when another ore is right next to it you kinda have to guess at the shape... I guessed wrong a few times. Glad this isn't battleship or I would've lost.

[642-646] Haunted Bedroom [10,68,74]
[647-648] Haunted Ballroom [18,22,21]
     +> [647] Got dance card
     +> [648] Got dance card
I should mention that earlier when I was exploring the ballroom before I could easily survive I was trying to pickpocket waltzers, I succeeded in pickpocketing 4 ballroom blintzes and 0 dance cards. Here I get two to drop, one batted and one pickpocketed.

[649] Haunted Bedroom [0,0,0]
[650-655] Haunted Ballroom [10,7,365]
[656-657] Haunted Bedroom [0,0,61]
[658] Goatlet [0,0,0]
[659-667] Haunted Bedroom [0,65,261]
     o> Drank 1 thermos full of Knob coffee (7 adventures gained) [5,5,6]
[668-687] Goatlet [83,75,174]
     +> [669] Got goat cheese
     +> [670] Got bottle of whiskey
     +> [675] Got bottle of whiskey
     +> [677] Got glass of goat's milk
     +> [678] Got bottle of whiskey
     +> [682] Got goat cheese
     +> [686] Got glass of goat's milk
     +> [687] Got goat cheese
One dairy goat in 10 turns, after 18 turns I'd seen three, last two were goats which makes 5/20 not seem so bad, one cheese was batted so I have 3... I really could use 7 cheeses, I mean maybe I'll have better luck tomorrow with my 20 turns of blessing...

o> Drank 2 roll in the hay (22 adventures gained) [0,68,0]
[688-690] Haunted Bedroom [200,200,267]
     => Level 9 (Turn 690)! (38/47/69)
[691-692] Hippy Camp [1,2,4]
     +> [692] Got filthy corduroys
I timed it to where I could've got to level 9 after the goatlet, I ended up 15 stat points short. Desperately needed that hippy outfit so I can get some fruit that mix with rum...

o> Drank 1 perpendicular hula (11 adventures gained) [0,0,34]
[693-697] Haunted Ballroom [15,16,170]
[698] Haunted Bedroom [0,0,0]
[699-703] Haunted Ballroom [20,17,164]
I don't see a point in doing the orc chasm before my semi rare range starts... it might have been a better idea to see how scrolls were dropping before my range started.

[704-720] Orc Chasm [76,80,177]
     +> [704] Got 334 scroll
     +> [708] Got 33398 scroll
     +> [709] Got 334 scroll
     +> [720] Got 30669 scroll
after 709 I eat a fortune cookie, there's no point in fighting ASCII art for only on 30669 scroll, I have a zap wand too so if I get an extra non 30669 scroll then I could hope for the best. Second Spam witch drops one that the cat doesn't bat away.

o> Ate 1 can-shaped gelatinous cranberry sauce (11 adventures gained) [0,0,75]
[721] Limerick Dungeon [0,0,0]
[722] Orc Chasm [2,2,7]
     +> [722] Got lowercase N
[723] Limerick Dungeon [0,0,0]
     #> [723] Semirare: The Bleary-Eyed Cyclops
The fortune cookie I ate had 3 possible numbers for my semi rare. The two that I used AND since I was in my semi rare range already it was technically possible that my semi rare number was 0 and that the cookie gave me 3 wrong numbers. Zero was obviously wrong because I didn't get ascii art the next turn after I ate the cookie, but I did realize that it was possible.

I hate to use eyedrops for just the Fcle, since I just need one single drop but I think I have to there's no telling how long the mop will take to drop with only 75% item drops.

[724-725] Orc Chasm [7,10,21]
     +> [725] Got 64735 scroll
[726-742] Dungeons of Doom [70,70,129]
     +> [742] Got dead mimic
[743-748] Haunted Ballroom [31,32,45]
[749-750] Haunted Bedroom [0,79,0]
     o> Drank 1 perpendicular hula (11 adventures gained) [0,0,36]
1500 stats to level 10, I'd like to get those ASAP so I can do the castle without eating a fortune cookie tomorrow....

Mister Mickey
Inscrutable Pi

Post by Mister Mickey » Tue Sep 07, 2010 12:05 pm

Day 7, worthless DD and worthless bounties though I still have the airship from awhile back.

My goal today is to hit level 10 and get through the airship before my next semi rare range so that I can skip eating a fortune cookie and just get the inhaler while questing in there.

===Day 7===

o> Ate 4 candied yams (36 adventures gained) [0,290,0]
     o> Drank 1 ocean motion (11 adventures gained) [25,9,0]
     o> Drank 1 perpendicular hula (12 adventures gained) [0,0,34]
     o> Drank 1 roll in the hay (11 adventures gained) [0,34,0]
     o> Drank 1 thermos full of Knob coffee (7 adventures gained) [6,5,6]
I need something else besides bottles of rum to finish my drunkeness for the day. I only eat up to 12 fullness incase something goes wrong and I need to eat a fortune cookie.

[751-758] Goatlet [41,30,67]
     +> [751] Got goat cheese
     +> [754] Got bottle of whiskey
     +> [755] Got goat cheese
     +> [756] Got goat cheese
     +> [758] Got glass of goat's milk, goat cheese
     o> Drank 1 old-fashioned (7 adventures gained) [0,8,0]
I should've waited till I was done with the goatlet to figure out the booze situation. That bottle of whiskey I could've used for a night cap and just drank something not quite as good instead of an old-fashioned...

[759-762] Barrel Full of Barrels [0,0,0]
     +> [760] Got bottle of rum
     +> [761] Got bottle of rum
     +> [762] Got bottle of vodka
[763] Barrel Full of Barrels [0,0,0]
     +> [763] Got boxed wine
     o> Drank 1 strawberry daiquiri (6 adventures gained) [0,0,10]
Like I said I could've saved 5 turns by just drinking 2 strawberry daiquiris and at worst I generate 2 less turns.

[764-765] Haunted Ballroom [0,0,75]
[766-768] Spooky Forest [3,3,4]
     +> [767] Got spooky sapling, spooky sapling
macro gets me beat up in the ballroom, gotta be more careful.

[769-803] Haunted Ballroom [174,155,1307]
     +> [798] Got dance card
It would've been nice to have an extractor here to try and get more dance cards. I'm having bad luck with the waltzers, so far at this point I've successfully pickpocketed 9 ballroom blitzes and 1 dance card. If mafia is right and their both a 15% drop that means I should pickpocket the same amount of each of them overall right?

=> Level 10 (Turn 803)! (43/55/85)
[804] Beanbat Chamber [3,1,4]
     +> [804] Got enchanted bean
[805-838] Fantasy Airship [157,157,300]
     +> [811] Got Tissue Paper Immateria
     +> [816] Got metallic A, photoprotoneutron torpedo
     +> [817] Got Tin Foil Immateria
     +> [826] Got ocarina of space
Heeeeeeey ocarina ( sorry Kelemvor I thought it was funny, so I'm stealing the joke everytime)

+> [828] Got Gauze Immateria
     +> [832] Got Plastic Wrap Immateria
     +> [838] Got S.O.C.K.
I only fought 3 mechs. With +20 ML I could finish the bounty very quickly. With +20 ML at this point the mechs would be very difficult to defeat. I have every drop that I need from the airship, I even got an titanium umbrella ( that I can't equip at the moment). I'm still quite a few turns away from my semi rare range.... more leveling to survive the castle seems like a good idea.

[839-866] Haunted Ballroom [213,132,1035]
     +> [839] Got dance card
     +> [862] Got dance card
     +> [864] Got dance card
I see the quartet with I think 44 turns till my semi rare range. I keep the song on but the next time I see them I turn the non combat song off.... have I lost my mind? No my plan is to do the Fcle get the mop then use the rest ( if there is any turns left) in the castle.

[867-873] 8-Bit Realm [18,9,18]
[874-876] F'c'le [23,18,48]
     +> [876] Got mizzenmast mop
[877-897] Giant's Castle [91,104,604]
     +> [877] Got thin black candle
     +> [878] Got furry fur
     +> [879] Got awful poetry journal, thin black candle
     +> [880] Got plot hole
     +> [881] Got original G
     +> [884] Got heavy D
     +> [886] Got giant needle
     +> [890] Got thin black candle
     +> [891] Got thin black candle
     +> [894] Got thin black candle
[898-904] Giant's Castle [107,26,277]
     +> [901] Got lime, thin black candle
     +> [903] Got thin black candle
     o> Used 1 Manual of Dexterity [0,0,20]
     o> Drank 1 horizontal tango (12 adventures gained) [0,36,0]
Open HitS, have enough black candles for two demon summons. I have a couple more turns but I decided to bank for tomorrow eat a fortune cookie to start the day and not waste more time in the castle there's absolutely nothing I need there. Moxie stats from the wheel would be nice but there's too many non combats in this place I think. Ballroom is the place to be as moxie.

I made the stupid mistake of talking to the council at the end of the day. I need a script to make me not be able to talk to them after finishing the level 10 quest.... I'm right 181 turns since my last semi rare so it's very possible I'm on a fortune of zero.

I'm not that far from level 11 which means I might be able to get to some booze or fermented stuff from the oasis before I need to drink. I have enough FoB food for one more day...

Mister Mickey
Inscrutable Pi

Post by Mister Mickey » Wed Sep 08, 2010 6:07 am

terrible bounties again, DD has one locked door. I press my luck for tomorrow with it...

Today was a pretty straight forward day.

===Day 8===
[905] Spooky Forest [3,0,3]
[906] Giant's Castle [0,0,0]
     #> [906] Semirare: All The Rave
     o> Ate 1 Sneaky Pete's key lime pie (13 adventures gained) [0,0,29]
     o> Drank 1 ocean motion (11 adventures gained) [31,9,0]
     o> Drank 1 perpendicular hula (12 adventures gained) [0,0,34]
[907-918] Haunted Ballroom [58,42,755]
     +> [909] Got dance card
[919] F'c'le [0,0,0]
waited for my goblin eyedrops to run out before getting the pirate fledges.

[920-927] Haunted Ballroom [37,23,469]
     +> [921] Got dance card
     => Level 11 (Turn 927)! (51/60/104)
[928-934] Black Forest [45,37,70]
     +> [932] Got broken wings
     +> [934] Got adder bladder, sunken eyes
75% item drop is the best I could do for the black forest but it was enough

[935-937] Muscle Vacation [0,0,0]
[938-939] Haunted Ballroom [3,4,9]
[941] Desert (Unhydrated) [0,0,0]
haggle for a better price doesn't cost an adventure? I guess I learn something new everyday...

[942-945] Spooky Forest [5,3,5]
[946-950] Haunted Wine Cellar [33,30,48]
     +> [948] Got dusty bottle of Merlot, dusty bottle of Muscat
     +> [949] Got dusty bottle of Pinot Noir, dusty bottle of Port
     +> [950] Got dusty bottle of Zinfandel
The first two turns against skeletal butler guys I underestimated how powerful the wine racks are. I run from one before he kills me... miner's hat goes off and my towel +5% item drop accessory. I have to use all my + moxie buffs and use a couple deleveling skills to defeat them.

I get 4 different bottles from the SW and SE corner. I always start on the SW corner (have you figured out I'm superstitious yet?) the other two spots both contain the final bottle that I need. Glyph wine hunting is so much fun...

[951] Oasis in the Desert [0,0,0]
[952-956] Desert (Ultrahydrated) [52,45,85]
     +> [952] Got bronzed locust
     +> [954] Got bottle of tequila, bottle of tequila, bottle of tequila
[957] Oasis in the Desert [0,0,0]
[958-962] Desert (Ultrahydrated) [37,26,77]
[963-964] Oasis in the Desert [10,3,7]
     +> [964] Got drum machine
[965-966] Desert (Ultrahydrated) [15,4,22]
[967] Oasis in the Desert [0,0,0]
     +> [967] Got stone rose
[968] Desert (Ultrahydrated) [0,0,0]
[969-971] Spooky Forest [0,1,4]
     +> [969] Got Spooky-Gro fertilizer
     +> [971] Got Spooky Temple map
     o> Drank 1 dusty bottle of Muscat (4 adventures gained) [7,7,10]
     o> Drank 1 shot of blackberry schnapps (3 adventures gained) [8,5,7]
[972] Poop Deck [0,0,0]
[973] Oasis in the Desert [0,0,0]
[974-977] Desert (Ultrahydrated) [18,16,44]
[978] Oasis in the Desert [13,10,17]
I didn't really get to use the booze blessing in the oasis because the first non combat in the desert took too long to show up over 10 turns. I'm on worm page finding detail now so maybe I'll use the booze blessing tomorrow while I'm hunting the pages....

[979-985] Spooky Forest [7,2,10]
     %> [984] Badmoon: That's My Favorite Kind of Contraption
     o> Used 1 bit-o-cactus [0,12,0]
     o> Drank 1 dry vodka martini (8 adventures gained) [0,0,9]
     o> Ate 1 grue egg omelette (26 adventures gained) [54,41,36]
     o> Drank 1 shot of blackberry schnapps (3 adventures gained) [7,5,6]
     o> Ate 2 tofurkey leg (25 adventures gained) [180,0,0]
Getting torso gives me +5 ML everywhere that I can survive it, so pretty much everywhere. Also it got me spooky mushrooms one turn later which meant I could finally eat my grue egg omelet.

[986-1012] Hidden Temple [313,250,150]
27 turn hidden city unlock... I thought for a minute I might get the loaded dice before unlocking it....

[1013-1014] 8-Bit Realm [6,1,14]
[1015-1022] Belowdecks [69,57,108]
     +> [1017] Got snakehead charrrm
     +> [1020] Got acoustic guitarrr
     +> [1022] Got snakehead charrrm
Pagoda isn't possible since I had chrome ore I'd have to start a new cave to get the last chrome ore. I already used 3/4 in my current cave for the trapper... what does he do with that extra chuck of chrome ore anyway?

[1023-1031] Palindome [39,22,158]
     +> [1023] Got photograph of God
     +> [1026] Got hard-boiled ostrich egg
     +> [1028] Got ketchup hound, stunt nuts
     +> [1029] Got hard rock candy
[1032] Palindome [7,5,10]
[1033-1034] Knob Goblin Laboratory [0,0,8]
[1035] Whitey's Grove [4,3,7]
     +> [1035] Got lion oil
[1036] Knob Goblin Laboratory [0,0,0]
     +> [1036] Got Mega Gem
[1037-1053] Hidden City [137,125,179]
     +> [1042] Got pygmy blowgun
     o> Drank 2 flute of flat champagne (6 adventures gained) [0,30,0]
Tiny plastic violin is +5 ML, I need moah ML to get finish my lucre from the airship. No where left today that I can get more ML though...

[1054-1058] Fantasy Airship [20,15,44]
     %> [1054] Badmoon: Obligatory Mascot Cameo
[1059-1066] Haunted Ballroom [44,30,320]
     %> [1059] Badmoon: Party Crasher
     +> [1062] Got dance card
[1067-1069] Fantasy Airship [38,37,46]
[1070-1077] Haunted Ballroom [59,44,184]
     o> Drank 1 ocean motion (13 adventures gained) [34,9,0]
I made a mistake yesterday by selling off all my giant needles. I now don't have a way to get +20 ML at the moment. I could've got the lucre if I just had kept a giant needle. That will be a mistake I never make again.

Level 11 quest is basically done but I have 3100 stats to level 12.... I'd like to get there tomorrow before I have to eat or drink and finish the filth worms for the consumption stuff and meat. It will be close....

Mister Mickey
Inscrutable Pi

Post by Mister Mickey » Thu Sep 09, 2010 6:42 am

After I finished yesterdays turns the kingdom had a major update for consumables. Apparently crafting lower end foods is now free...... I'm suddenly losing interest in this run very quickly so I should ascend and get it over with I think.

===Day 9===
[1078-1084] Oasis in the Desert [14,10,16]
     +> [1081] Got worm-riding manual page 1
     +> [1082] Got worm-riding manual page 2
     +> [1084] Got worm-riding manual pages 3-15
First turn was a misclick into the desert instead of oasis... I tried to click on the oasis hoping that the game might ignore my misclick and instead I had to CLESH to survive since I was poisoned... I used my booze blessing hoping for a bottle of Supernova Champagne maybe while I farmed the manual pages but the pages dropped way too quickly....

[1085-1088] Haunted Ballroom [23,14,255]
[1089-1098] Haunted Ballroom [82,58,216]
     +> [1096] Got dance card
     o> Drank 1 calle de miel (12 adventures gained) [13,0,26]
     o> Drank 1 ducha de oro (10 adventures gained) [13,26,0]
[1099] Outskirts of The Knob [0,0,0]
     #> [1099] Semirare: Lunchboxing
[1100-1146] Haunted Ballroom [268,220,2745]
     +> [1109] Got dance card
     +> [1110] Got dance card
     +> [1121] Got dance card
     +> [1142] Got dance card
     o> Ate 1 Knob pasty (6 adventures gained) [8,6,5]
     o> Drank 1 thermos full of Knob coffee (6 adventures gained) [7,5,6]
     => Level 12 (Turn 1146)! (66/69/125)
That took forever.... I am low on adventures but with some luck I could get to the hippy pies / schnapps without eating low end foods.

[1147-1163] Wartime Hippy Camp [757,305,413]
     +> [1150] Got beer helmet
     +> [1158] Got bullet-proof corduroys
     +> [1160] Got round purple sunglasses
     +> [1163] Got reinforced beaded headband
[1164-1168] Frat House [44,35,94]
     +> [1166] Got bejeweled pledge pin
     o> Ate 1 Knob pasty (6 adventures gained) [6,6,5]
     o> Ate 1 savoy truffle (6 adventures gained) [21,18,16]
[1169] Wartime Frat House (Hippy Disguise) [7,4,13]
[1170] Frat House [10,2,13]
[1171] Wartime Frat House (Hippy Disguise) [0,0,0]
War started.... I think I need to get the first gland and then hope that shall we dance +50% item drop / pickpocket is enough for the other two...

[1172-1174] Hatching Chamber [33,35,52]
[1175-1176] Knob Goblin Laboratory [3,3,3]
     %> [1176] Badmoon: Shall We Dance
[1177-1180] Feeding Chamber [31,28,52]
[1181] Feeding Chamber [13,13,19]
     o> Ate 1 tofurkey gravy (9 adventures gained) [92,0,0]
[1182-1189] Guards' Chamber [86,52,98]
Get the second gland with 2 turns of my drone scent to spare..

Now I have a turn to fight the queen...

[1190] Queen's Chamber [4,4,15]
[1191-1200] Barn [74,67,139]
     o> Ate 2 peach pie (29 adventures gained) [0,0,108]
     o> Drank 5 shot of peach schnapps (30 adventures gained) [0,0,80]
Semi rare is a ways off, I think if I do 8-bit relm I could get a 2nd inhaler... probably overkill a little bit on the nuns but whatever...

[1201-1207] Daily Dungeon [5,2,7]
     +> [1207] Got Boris's key
I guess I don't need a zap for a 2nd key today...

o> Used 1 suntan lotion of moxiousness [0,0,8]
[1208-1212] Pond [56,52,96]
[1213-1217] Back 40 [67,60,101]
[1218-1222] Other Back 40 [64,55,88]
     +> [1222] Got duct tape
     o> Used 1 moxie weed [0,0,1]
[1223] Oasis in the Desert [0,0,0]
[1224] Desert (Ultrahydrated) [0,0,0]
     +> [1224] Got worm-riding hooks
[1225-1227] 8-Bit Realm [9,1,9]
[1228] Haunted Library [3,2,4]
Use hella smooth buff for the haunted library to get a quill pen for the greed scroll, I pickpocketed it first turn... I decided that the other turns are best spend in HitS rather than 8-bit relm...

[1229-1237] Hole in the Sky [107,72,154]
     +> [1231] Got star chart
     +> [1233] Got star chart
[1238-1247] 8-Bit Realm [23,17,31]
     o> Drank 1 ocean motion (10 adventures gained) [33,8,0]
Since most things are straight forward now I can say for sure that 10 days is not going to happen. Eleven days should be ok unless the tower kills me. I have black pepper and a bronzed locust at least... oh yeah that was what I decided to zap today was a caviar into pepper...

Tomorrow I'll start with 56 adventures and 17,676 meat... I still haven't decided if I'm going to face the shadow with funkslinging or scented message oils...

Funkslinging costs 15,000 meat and I usually am not very careful with meat towards the end of a run, if I get an inhaler for this semi rare then I don't know if I'll even make it to another semi rare though.... I'll have to think about it

Anyone have any suggestions?

Semi rare (17) turns away

I definitely need pet snacks for the familiar fights but second inhaler, scented massage oils a fourth lunchbox? I will have a greed demon scroll, DB +meat skill, braaaaains , nasal spray the LEW and one inhaler + hella smooth.... I don't really need many macrame nets for the NS / man fight.... so I suppose I should have the meat to buy funkslinging and plenty of filthy poulices in the war...

Tomorrow is going to be a day of torture, gremlins and flyering with a black cat.... fun fun fun...

Mister Mickey
Inscrutable Pi

Post by Mister Mickey » Fri Sep 10, 2010 8:30 am

===Day 10===

[1249] Summoning Chamber [34,24,66]
Need Spooky dead to summon greed demon.

[1250-1263] 8-Bit Realm [27,24,42]
[1264] Giant's Castle [0,0,0]
     #> [1264] Semirare: All The Rave
[1265-1271] Post-Cyrpt Cemetary [13,20,44]
     +> [1266] Got skeleton bone, smart skull
     +> [1268] Got loose teeth
     %> [1271] Badmoon: When Do We Want It?
[1272-1290] Themthar Hills [166,137,326]
     +> [1277] Got coconut shell, little paper umbrella, little paper umbrella
I forgot to use my hella smooth buff for the nuns...

[1291-1315] Battlefield (Hippy Uniform) [204,218,415]
     +> [1295] Got distressed denim pants
     o> Ate 4 peach pie (60 adventures gained) [0,0,161]
     o> Drank 9 shot of peach schnapps (50 adventures gained) [0,0,149]
[1316-1323] Next to that Barrel with Something Burning in it [42,35,81]
     +> [1323] Got molybdenum hammer
[1324] Over Where the Old Tires Are [3,7,13]
     +> [1324] Got gremlin juice, molybdenum crescent wrench
[1325-1328] Near an Abandoned Refrigerator [3,4,16]
     +> [1328] Got molybdenum pliers
[1329-1330] Out By that Rusted-Out Car [19,22,48]
     +> [1330] Got molybdenum screwdriver
Hammer took forever to find. Tire gremlin I pickpocketed gremlin juice and he used the tool first turn and the cat didn't block it. Third gremlin took 23 rounds to use the tool and the cat blocked it twice, I got the tool on the 27th round .... a couple times I ran from the wrong gremlins. I'm set up for HP / defense. I can't easily kill the gremlins with a melee weapon, they're just too expensive to kill...

[1331-1347] Battlefield (Hippy Uniform) [137,120,287]
[1348] Palindome [33,35,60]
[1349] Hidden City (Altar of Charcoatl) [0,0,0]
[1350-1371] Hole in the Sky [185,228,427]
     +> [1355] Got star chart
     +> [1368] Got star chart
[1372-1376] Hole in the Sky [57,54,87]
Cat kept batting my stars, I ended up with 10 extra lines ( 500 meat yay). I made sure that I was always getting the jump the last thing I needed was a batted star chart ( I saw exactly 4 in my time in the sky)

[1377] 8-Bit Realm [2,3,4]
5 RPP and 2 blue along with the key...

[1378] Hidden City (Altar of Pikachutlotal) [0,0,0]
[1379] Hidden City (Altar of Squirtlcthulli) [0,0,0]
[1380] Hidden City (Altar of Bulbazinalli) [0,0,0]
[1381] Hidden City (Smallish Temple) [39,31,55]
[1382] The Upper Chamber [0,0,0]
     +> [1382] Got carved wooden wheel
[1383-1397] The Middle Chamber [102,95,196]
[1398] The Lower Chambers (Token/Empty) [0,0,0]
[1399-1402] The Middle Chamber [0,0,0]
[1403] The Lower Chambers (Rubble/Bomb) [0,0,0]
[1404-1410] The Middle Chamber [47,45,95]
[1411-1416] The Middle Chamber [29,56,76]
     o> Drank 1 ducha de oro (10 adventures gained) [9,26,0]
     o> Drank 1 shot of orange schnapps (2 adventures gained) [5,0,0]
One more wheel turn in the middle chamber and Ed's chambers just a couple clicks away. I'm at 82% flyer completion and I need 1800 stats to level 13 so I figure I'll just flyer some in the ballroom after I kill ed.. I don't think I need to flyer Ed but I'll probably do it anyway just to be on the safe side.

17 combats left on the battlefield, not including the man... and then just the who knows what I need tower...

My semi rare is either 10 turns or 24 turns away.... I didn't expect to be in the middle of dealing with Ed.... I'll have to burn some turns off in the conservatory towards the potato I guess or eat a fortune cookie to make sure it's the 24 turns and not the ten turns or get lucky and get the wheel turned quickly...

54 turns to start tomorrow... I'm dangerously low on meat, flyering is very expensive as a moxie class and the cat just makes it more annoying because I can't use anything that restores my MP a lot or the cat just steals the MP or I have to use moxie manuevers to kill stuff so it's not wasted.

Somehow I'm going to have to get the meat to buy funkslinging... I don't think I can generate enough turns to get two semi rares...

Mister Mickey
Inscrutable Pi

Post by Mister Mickey » Sat Sep 11, 2010 7:05 pm

Day 11, finish quests and ascend...

===Day 11===

[1417] The Middle Chamber [0,0,0]
     +> [1417] Got coconut shell, coconut shell, little paper umbrella
     o> Ate 4 peach pie (41 adventures gained) [0,0,159]
     o> Drank 8 shot of peach schnapps (47 adventures gained) [0,0,140]
9 turns till my first semi rare number. I considered eating a fortune cookie but if this is my semi rare then technically I might be able to get another one.

[1418] The Lower Chambers (Empty/Empty/Ed's Chamber) [0,0,0]
[1419] The Lower Chambers (Empty/Rubble) [12,11,16]
[1420-1425] Ed the Undying [76,113,165]
[1426] Haunted Ballroom [8,7,16]
[1427] Menagerie 2 [6,5,9]
92% done with flyers, I am not going to make it to level 13 by the end of the war so.... no big deal to powerlevel / flyer now.

[1428] Haunted Ballroom [3,8,20]
[1429-1432] Haunted Ballroom [11,12,181]
[1433-1440] Battlefield (Hippy Uniform) [50,62,115]
[1441] Menagerie 2 [0,0,0]
     #> [1441] Semirare: Rokay, Raggy!
[1442-1451] Battlefield (Hippy Uniform) [56,49,95]
     o> Drank 1 shot of peach schnapps (4 adventures gained) [0,0,14]
[1452-1454] Haunted Ballroom [4,3,298]
[1455-1457] Battlefield (Hippy Uniform) [20,20,36]
The very last turn on the battlefield gives me "easily embarrassed" normally I'd just SGEEA the thing and fight the man but I'm still about 500 stats short of level 13....

[1458-1461] Haunted Ballroom [17,11,177]
     +> [1461] Got dance card
[1462-1464] Haunted Conservatory [0,4,5]
[1465] Haunted Ballroom [0,0,318]
[1466] Haunted Conservatory [0,2,1]
I turn in 40 dimes for seashell necklaces in the war for an additional 8k of meat to help me buy funkslinging and fund healing that is going to come soon, I buy 3 nets and 22 filthy poulices.

[1467] The Man [30,42,61]
Hit level 13 barely.... I have all my gate potions....

[1468-1469] Spooky Forest [1,1,0]
     +> [1469] Got Jarlsberg's key, stolen accordion
[1470-1474] Sorceress' Hedge Maze [40,41,72]
     => Level 13 (Turn 1470)! (85/85/148)
[1475] Sorceress Tower: Level 1 [0,0,0]
[1476-1477] Haunted Bathroom [10,15,14]
     +> [1477] Got fancy bath salts
[1478] Sorceress Tower: Level 1 [11,7,3]
[1479] Sorceress Tower: Level 2 [3,4,14]
[1480] Sorceress Tower: Level 3 [10,9,22]
[1481] Sorceress Tower: Level 4 [0,0,0]
[1482] Ninja Snowmen [7,8,8]
     +> [1482] Got frigid ninja stars
[1483] Sorceress Tower: Level 4 [3,8,10]
[1484] Sorceress Tower: Level 5 [7,6,8]
[1485] Sorceress Tower: Level 6 [5,5,11]
Three turns back farming bath salts and ninja stars... the kitty decided to not block a single tower item that I tried to use. The 1/3 tower items I had for floor #6 ? It was the right one..

[1486-1489] Sorceress Tower: Shadow Fight [43,46,112]
[1490-1492] Desert (Unhydrated) [0,0,0]
[1493-1495] Haunted Conservatory [0,3,7]
[1497-1498] Desert (Unhydrated) [0,0,0]
     %> [1498] Badmoon: Say Cheese!
     +> [1498] Got anticheese
I wanted to make sure delay() was burned on the potato BM adventure and anti cheese, I guess phel's right there probably is no delay() on anti cheese.

[1499-1505] Sorceress Tower: Naughty Sorceress [0,0,0]
I can get safe moxie with the LEW but I can't do enough damage to kill her in 50 round turn limit. I can't afford disco fever or even wrath ( 6400 meat).... I lose 4 times and fight an epic fight with delevelers healing items, but the cat's blocking ability is just too much.

o> Ate 1 peach (3 adventures gained) [0,0,20]
[1506-1509] Haunted Bedroom [156,2,147]
[1510] Sorceress Tower: Naughty Sorceress [0,0,0]
[1511-1518] Haunted Ballroom [30,22,818]
     +> [1514] Got dance card
[1519] Sorceress Tower: Naughty Sorceress [9,4,9]
2nd form run I go over the 50 turn limit basically from not getting healing items / delevelers through quick enough... another epic defeat.

[1521] Haunted Bedroom [0,0,151]
[1522-1530] Haunted Ballroom [46,49,528]
     +> [1526] Got dance card
[1531] Sorceress Tower: Naughty Sorceress [51,66,0]
205 buffed moxie is what it took, along with using a star crossbow, I really underestimated how difficult this fight is with a kitty as the familiar... oh well success I guess next time I'll prepare slightly differently. Next time it's definitely going to have to be more incentive than a Mr A though...

Mister Mickey
Inscrutable Pi

Re: The Downstairs Frank's BMDB 11/1531 100% black cat

Post by Mister Mickey » Sat Sep 18, 2010 5:38 am

other stuff...

Adventure Location Details
  • ADVENTURES
    ----------
    Haunted Ballroom: 241
    Battlefield (Hippy Uniform): 63
    Haunted Bedroom: 47
    Menagerie 1: 43
    Fantasy Airship: 42
    8-Bit Realm: 38
    Hole in the Sky: 36
    Degrassi Knoll: 34
    The Middle Chamber: 33
    Barrel Full of Barrels: 32
    Friar's Gate: 32
    Spooky Forest: 32
    Noob Cave: 31
    Giant's Castle: 30
    Goatlet: 29
    Hidden Temple: 27
    Daily Dungeon: 21
    Fernswarthy's Ruins: 21
    Orc Chasm: 20
    Themthar Hills: 19
    Typical Tavern Quest: 19
    Barrrney's Barrr: 18
    Desert (Ultrahydrated): 18
    Outskirts of The Knob: 18
    Dungeons of Doom: 17
    Hidden City: 17
    Wartime Hippy Camp: 17
    Fun House: 16
    Haunted Billiards Room: 15
    Oasis in the Desert: 15
    Defiled Cranny: 14
    Defiled Nook: 14
    F'c'le: 14
    Defiled Niche: 12
    Haunted Bathroom: 12
    Moxie Vacation: 12
    Pre-Cyrpt Cemetary: 12
    Haunted Pantry: 11
    Heartbreaker's Hotel: 11
    Hippy Camp: 11
    Palindome: 11
    Pirate Cove: 11
    Barn: 10
    Defiled Alcove: 10
    Haunted Library: 10
    Knob Goblin Harem: 10
    Sorceress Tower: Naughty Sorceress: 10
    Unlucky Sewer: 10
    Guano Junction: 9
    Itznotyerzitz Mine (in Disguise): 9
    Whitey's Grove: 9
    Belowdecks: 8
    Greater-Than Sign: 8
    Guards' Chamber: 8
    Itznotyerzitz Mine: 8
    Next to that Barrel with Something Burning in it: 8
    Sleazy Back Alley: 8
    Black Forest: 7
    Boss Bat's Lair: 7
    Haunted Conservatory: 7
    Post-Cyrpt Cemetary: 7
    South of the Border: 7
    Desert (Unhydrated): 6
    Ed the Undying: 6
    Frat House: 6
    Muscle Vacation: 6
    Back 40: 5
    Feeding Chamber: 5
    Haunted Wine Cellar: 5
    Knob Goblin Laboratory: 5
    Other Back 40: 5
    Pond: 5
    Sorceress' Hedge Maze: 5
    Near an Abandoned Refrigerator: 4
    Sorceress Tower: Shadow Fight: 4
    Typical Tavern: 4
    Bat Hole Entryway: 3
    Hatching Chamber: 3
    Guild Challenge: 2
    Limerick Dungeon: 2
    Menagerie 2: 2
    Out By that Rusted-Out Car: 2
    Sorceress Tower: Level 1: 2
    Sorceress Tower: Level 4: 2
    Summoning Chamber: 2
    Wartime Frat House (Hippy Disguise): 2
    Beanbat Chamber: 1
    Cap'm Caronch's Map: 1
    Haert of the Cyrpt: 1
    Hidden City (Altar of Bulbazinalli): 1
    Hidden City (Altar of Charcoatl): 1
    Hidden City (Altar of Pikachutlotal): 1
    Hidden City (Altar of Squirtlcthulli): 1
    Hidden City (Smallish Temple): 1
    King's Chamber: 1
    Knob Goblin Kitchens: 1
    Menagerie 3: 1
    Mix 1 coconut shell + 1 Typical Tavern swill: 1
    Mix 1 Typical Tavern swill + 1 magical ice cubes: 1
    Ninja Snowmen: 1
    Orcish Frathouse Blueprints: 1
    Over Where the Old Tires Are: 1
    Poop Deck: 1
    Queen's Chamber: 1
    Rest in your dwelling: 1
    Smith 1 banjo strings + 1 big rock: 1
    Smith 1 big red clown nose + 1 clown skin: 1
    Smith 1 Disco Banjo + 1 vial of mojo: 1
    Smith 1 stone banjo + 1 disco ball: 1
    Sorceress Tower: Level 2: 1
    Sorceress Tower: Level 3: 1
    Sorceress Tower: Level 5: 1
    Sorceress Tower: Level 6: 1
    The Lower Chambers (Empty/Empty/Ed's Chamber): 1
    The Lower Chambers (Empty/Rubble): 1
    The Lower Chambers (Rubble/Bomb): 1
    The Lower Chambers (Token/Empty): 1
    The Man: 1
    The Upper Chamber: 1
Quest Turns
  • QUEST TURNS
    ----------
    Mosquito Larva: 8
    Opening the Hidden Temple: 21
    Tavern quest: 19
    Bat quest: 16
    Cobb's Knob quest: 25
    Friars' part 1: 0
    Defiled Cyrpt quest: 51
    Trapzor quest: 37
    Orc Chasm quest: 20
    Airship: 34
    Giant's Castle: 29
    Opening the Ballroom: 50
    Pirate quest: 52
    Black Forest quest: 7
    Desert Oasis quest: 39
    Spookyraven quest: 115
    Hidden City quest: 44
    Palindome quest: 17
    Pyramid quest: 44
    Starting the War: 8
    War Island quest: 130
    DoD quest: 25
Other
  • PULLS- 213 bricks and hobo code binder

LEVELS
    ----------
    Hit Level 1 on turn 0, 0 from last level. (0.0 substats / turn)
    Combats: 0
    Noncombats: 0
    Other: 0
    Hit Level 2 on turn 9, 9 from last level. (2.8 substats / turn)
    Noncombats: 9
    Hit Level 3 on turn 40, 31 from last level. (1.3 substats / turn)
    Combats: 7
    Noncombats: 23
    Other: 1
    Hit Level 4 on turn 41, 1 from last level. (105.0 substats / turn)
    Noncombats: 1
    Hit Level 5 on turn 105, 64 from last level. (3.6 substats / turn)
    Combats: 41
    Noncombats: 21
    Other: 2
    Hit Level 6 on turn 243, 138 from last level. (3.2 substats / turn)
    Combats: 80
    Noncombats: 29
    Other: 28
    Hit Level 7 on turn 396, 153 from last level. (5.0 substats / turn)
    Combats: 82
    Noncombats: 27
    Other: 1
    Hit Level 8 on turn 548, 152 from last level. (8.0 substats / turn)
    Combats: 114
    Noncombats: 38
    Hit Level 9 on turn 690, 142 from last level. (12.8 substats / turn)
    Combats: 85
    Noncombats: 54
    Hit Level 10 on turn 803, 113 from last level. (23.0 substats / turn)
    Combats: 82
    Noncombats: 31
    Hit Level 11 on turn 927, 124 from last level. (29.0 substats / turn)
    Combats: 93
    Noncombats: 30
    Hit Level 12 on turn 1146, 219 from last level. (22.0 substats / turn)
    Combats: 132
    Noncombats: 81
    Other: 3
    Hit Level 13 on turn 1470, 324 from last level. (19.4 substats / turn)
    Combats: 265
    Noncombats: 59

Total COMBATS: 1023 (66.8%)
    Total NONCOMBATS: 420 (27.4%)
    Total OTHER: 35 (2.3%)

STATS
    ----------
    Muscle Myst Moxie
    Totals: 7783 7526 23833
    Combats: 5499 5184 10200
    Noncombats: 1698 1389 11128
    Others: 0 0 44
    Eating: 29 397 1281
    Drinking: 407 394 791
    Using: 150 162 389

Top 10 mainstat gaining areas:

Haunted Ballroom 1184 940 10579
    From consumables 586 953 2461
    Haunted Bedroom 366 466 1011
    Battlefield (Hippy Uniform) 467 469 948
    Giant's Castle 198 130 881
    Hole in the Sky 349 354 668
    Wartime Hippy Camp 757 305 413
    Fantasy Airship 215 209 390
    The Middle Chamber 178 196 367
    Themthar Hills 166 137 326

FAMILIARS
    ----------
    Black Cat : 1023 combat turns (100.0%)

SEMI-RARES
    ----------
    178 : Lunchboxing
    ???: KGE was next
    543 : Lunchboxing
    723 : The Bleary-Eyed Cyclops
    906 : All The Rave
    1099 : Lunchboxing
    1264 : All The Rave
    1441 : Rokay, Raggy!

HUNTED COMBATS
    ----------
    391 : Fruit Golem

CASTS
    ----------
    Cast 557 disco nap
    Cast 321 tango of terror
    Cast 296 disco aerobics
    Cast 145 disco eye-poke
    Cast 72 moxious maneuver
    Cast 39 return
    Cast 25 advanced cocktailcrafting
    Cast 8 cleesh
    Cast 4 suckerpunch
    Cast 2 disco dance of doom

------------------
    | Total Casts | 1469
    ------------------

------------------
    | Total MP Spent | 8099
    ------------------

EATING AND DRINKING AND USING
    ----------
    Adventures gained eating: 526
    Adventures gained drinking: 565
    Adventures gained using: 0
    Adventures gained rollover: 440

Ate 16 Brimstone Chicken Sandwich (76 adventures gained) [-422,0,434]
    Ate 10 peach pie (130 adventures gained) [0,0,428]
    Ate 8 Sneaky Pete's key lime pie (122 adventures gained) [0,0,246]
    Ate 7 fortune cookie (7 adventures gained) [0,0,0]
    Ate 6 Jumbo Dr. Lucifer (15 adventures gained) [0,0,0]
    Ate 5 Knob pasty (32 adventures gained) [32,28,26]
    Ate 4 candied yams (36 adventures gained) [0,290,0]
    Ate 3 tofurkey leg (33 adventures gained) [252,0,0]
    Ate 2 cherry pie (20 adventures gained) [0,20,0]
    Ate 1 can-shaped gelatinous cranberry sauce (11 adventures gained) [0,0,75]
    Ate 1 grue egg omelette (26 adventures gained) [54,41,36]
    Ate 1 peach (3 adventures gained) [0,0,20]
    Ate 1 savoy truffle (6 adventures gained) [21,18,16]
    Ate 1 tofurkey gravy (9 adventures gained) [92,0,0]

Drank 23 shot of peach schnapps (131 adventures gained) [0,0,383]
    Drank 4 ocean motion (45 adventures gained) [123,35,0]
    Drank 4 perpendicular hula (46 adventures gained) [0,0,138]
    Drank 4 thermos full of Knob coffee (26 adventures gained) [23,21,24]
    Drank 3 bloody mary (18 adventures gained) [5,6,3]
    Drank 3 calle de miel (36 adventures gained) [32,0,76]
    Drank 3 roll in the hay (33 adventures gained) [0,102,0]
    Drank 3 shot of tomato schnapps (4 adventures gained) [5,4,5]
    Drank 3 slip 'n' slide (35 adventures gained) [105,0,0]
    Drank 3 white lightning (21 adventures gained) [0,0,0]
    Drank 2 blended frozen swill (23 adventures gained) [4,5,58]
    Drank 2 ducha de oro (20 adventures gained) [22,52,0]
    Drank 2 flute of flat champagne (6 adventures gained) [0,30,0]
    Drank 2 horizontal tango (22 adventures gained) [0,71,0]
    Drank 2 shot of blackberry schnapps (6 adventures gained) [15,10,13]
    Drank 2 whiskey and cola (11 adventures gained) [0,8,10]
    Drank 1 dry vodka martini (8 adventures gained) [0,0,9]
    Drank 1 dusty bottle of Muscat (4 adventures gained) [7,7,10]
    Drank 1 fine wine (1 adventures gained) [0,0,4]
    Drank 1 ice-cold Willer (1 adventures gained) [0,0,0]
    Drank 1 margarita (5 adventures gained) [10,0,0]
    Drank 1 old-fashioned (7 adventures gained) [0,8,0]
    Drank 1 rum and cola (5 adventures gained) [0,0,12]
    Drank 1 shot of grapefruit schnapps (1 adventures gained) [0,4,0]
    Drank 1 shot of orange schnapps (2 adventures gained) [5,0,0]
    Drank 1 slap and tickle (10 adventures gained) [0,10,25]
    Drank 1 steel margarita (0 adventures gained) [0,0,0]
    Drank 1 strawberry daiquiri (6 adventures gained) [0,0,10]
    Drank 1 strawberry wine (5 adventures gained) [0,0,9]
    Drank 1 tropical swill (12 adventures gained) [30,3,2]
    Drank 1 vodka and cranberry (5 adventures gained) [0,18,0]
    Drank 1 whiskey sour (5 adventures gained) [9,0,0]
    Drank 1 white Canadian (5 adventures gained) [12,0,0]

MEAT
    ----------
    Total meat gained: 137131

BOTTLENECKS
    ----------
    Sewered 10 times for 3 trinkets
    Spent 38 turns in the 8-Bit Realm
    Fought 3 bloopers
    Fought 5 bullet bills
    Spent 29 turns in the Goatlet
    Fought 9 dairy goats for 7 cheeses and 3 glasses of milk

Mister Mickey
Inscrutable Pi

Post by Mister Mickey » Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:18 am

I just wanted to point out that in my current run I ran without mafia before passing the 2nd guild challenge until after I assembled the meatcar without finding the screwdriver.

Now it might just be luck because a first toolbox meat tank made the zone go really quickly. After assembling the meat car I talked to the untinkerer guy and he asked me to find his screwdriver in de knoll ( first message you get talking to him).

I figured out a really simple way though. After I pass the 2nd guild challenge I'm going to do one turn in the knoll, if I don't get the screwdriver I'll go and talk to the untinkerer, if mafia is somehow talking to him then it will give me the 2nd message, if it gives me the first message then apparently the screwdriver can be acquired without talking to him.

Another place that sometimes I have to log off of mafia to keep it from doing something I don't want is the Fcle. After I acquire the 3 Fcle items sometimes I still feel like trying to explore for a barrrnacle, if I stay in mafia then mafia automatically will use the 3 Fcle items and I'll get the pirate fledges the next adventure. I'll have over 200% item drop I don't want that adventure to happen.

Anyway to stop that one?

top1214
Oh my! Guy with Pie!

Post by top1214 » Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:51 am

Can you closet, like you would on the road to the white citadel? (N.B. I've never tried this)

Mister Mickey
Inscrutable Pi

Post by Mister Mickey » Thu Sep 23, 2010 11:36 pm

top1214 wrote:Can you closet, like you would on the road to the white citadel? (N.B. I've never tried this)
closet quest items? On the road to citadel you can runaway to avoid completing the quest if you're desperately trying for a hippy outfit...

Mister Mickey
Inscrutable Pi

Post by Mister Mickey » Sun Sep 26, 2010 2:30 pm

Last run I did the Knoll without mafia and didn't get the screwdriver till after assembling the meat car ( I talked to him the first time after assembling the meat car)

This run I passed the 2nd guild test then did one turn in the gnoll. I then visited the untinkerer for the first time and this is what he said:

"Have you had any luck finding my screwdriver? I lost it at Degrassi Knoll, you'll recall."

I'll check my raw session log but I'll bet a Mr A that mafia visits the untinker when I clicked on the knoll...

Bottom line is if I run into a situation like I did in this black cat run in the knoll then I'll just have to log out of mafia...