Ringwraith's BM AT(comments appreciated)

Moderator: Raccoon

Ringwraith
Inscrutable Pi

Ringwraith's BM AT(comments appreciated)

Post by Ringwraith » Sun Oct 17, 2010 4:11 am

Hellos :3
There's an El Dia in 2 days, so i thought i might as well try for 10day BM At run. And I want the shiny tattoo >.>
Please point out any silly mistakes, or anything I could do differently :) I don't have a lot of BM experience, so any help would be awfully appreciated :)

So, here goes...

Code: Select all

NEW Accordion Thief ASCENSION STARTED 20101017
------------------------------

This log was created by the Ascension Log Visualizer 3.1.0.
The basic idea and the format of this parser have been borrowed from the AFH MafiaLog Parser by VladimirPootin and QuantumNightmare.

===Day 1===

[0] Ascension Start [0,0,0]
     -> Turn [0] none
[1-4] Outskirts of The Knob [0,2,6]
[5] Sleazy Back Alley [0,0,0]
[6-9] Outskirts of The Knob [0,1,2]
     +> [6] Got Knob Goblin encryption key
[10-14] Haunted Pantry [2,1,4]
     +> [10] Got razor-sharp can lid
    => Level 2 (Turn 12)! (2/3/5)

Levelling up felt like it was taking ages :/

[15] Guild Challenge [0,0,0]
[16-17] Haunted Pantry [0,0,7]

I had 6moxie(buffed), and failed the 1st test *sigh*
Already hit lvl2, but for some reason decided to unlock the Manor. Which, I didn't.

[18-40] Spooky Forest [4,6,20]
     %> [29] Badmoon: This Doesn't Look Like Candy Mountain
     +> [32] Got spooky sapling
     +> [40] Got mosquito larva
     o> Ate 4 Brimstone Chicken Sandwich (18 adventures gained) [-110,0,133]
     o> Drank 1 shot of tomato schnapps (2 adventures gained) [2,2,2]
    => Level 3 (Turn 40)! (0/4/13)
     => Level 4 (Turn 40)! (0/4/13)

AUGGHHH I AM A MORON.
I haven't ascended in a while, and I forgot about the larva adventure being in the non-combat adv, and kept wondering why it was taking so fucking long -_-
Such a waste of turns :@ But atleast I got a sapling and meats >.>

[41] Guild Challenge [0,0,0]
     +> [41] Got worthless knick-knack
     o> Ate 1 Brimstone Chicken Sandwich (6 adventures gained) [-27,0,35]
[42] Smith 1 hot buttered roll + 1 big rock [0,0,0]
[43] Smith 1 heart of rock and roll + 1 stolen accordion [0,0,0]
     -> Turn [43] Mosquito

My diet consisted of brimstone sammiches, so I decided to craft my RnR so I'd be able to survive the loss of HP.
Also, I only got Pride now. Instead of asap -_- I got to eat 5 sammiches, but better stats from the start would have been nicer.
Oh wells, I'm learning by making mistakes >.>

[44-52] Typical Tavern Quest [12,15,40]
     +> [52] Got Typical Tavern swill, Typical Tavern swill, Typical Tavern swill

Tavern went smoothly.

[53-61] Fun House [15,18,58]
     +> [53] Got box, disease
     +> [60] Got bottle of vodka
[62-66] Barrel Full of Barrels [0,0,0]
     o> Drank 1 salty dog (6 adventures gained) [0,9,0]
     o> Drank 1 screwdriver (6 adventures gained) [9,0,0]
     o> Drank 1 vodka martini (5 adventures gained) [0,0,10]
[67-68] Fun House [6,4,9]
     +> [67] Got box
[69-73] Haiku Dungeon [6,10,14]
[74-78] Fun House [12,9,30]
     +> [77] Got bottle of tequila

I took the Fun House bounty in the hopes of getting the bugbear outfit, some booze, and enough clownosity to get the LEW if possible.
Mafia doesn't say, but I got the bugbear outfit to drop in a single combat. Wewts! :D
Some haiku dungeon action, hopin' for a fairy, but no luck :(

[79] Guild Challenge [0,0,0]
[80] Fun House [2,3,4]
[81] Heartbreaker's Hotel [0,0,0]

Decided I could survive it with Madrigal and hair spray, so set the Hellevator to 11.

[82-88] Fun House [23,21,48]
     +> [82] Got box
     o> Drank 1 Typical Tavern swill (5 adventures gained) [1,2,2]
     => Level 5 (Turn 83)! (0/10/20)
[89] Mix 1 bottle of tequila + 1 lemon [0,0,0]
     o> Drank 1 margarita (6 adventures gained) [8,0,0]

2nd guild challenge down, and I have 12/20 greasepaint tubes.

Good:
> Got Pride(albeit late-ish)
> Madrigal, and ML at 11
> 12/20 bounty items
> Encryption key in hand
> Having fun :D

To-do:
> Finish bounty
> Try for the fairy?
> Get a bfv - better than a mosquito, fo sho >.>
> Get veil, and do bats for meats(buy +item skill if possible)
> bank for El Dia maybe?

End of Day 1: level 5, 88turns played

Kelemvor
AFH

Re: Ringwraith's BM AT(comments appreciated)

Post by Kelemvor » Sun Oct 17, 2010 12:40 pm

A 10 day AT run is ambitious, but it looks like you're off to a good start! A few thoughts (keep in mind that I am in the middle of my third BM run ever, so if others disagree with me, probably best to take their advice instead of mine):

> Finish bounty
> Try for the fairy?
> Get a bfv - better than a mosquito, fo sho >.>
> Get veil, and do bats for meats(buy +item skill if possible)
> bank for El Dia maybe?

Your goals for tomorrow look reasonable. I would get the bfv first thing; I usually try to make that as soon as I get pride if I can. Get one of the BM meat adventures to help pay for chewing gum if you need to. I would also pick up Envy ASAP; the item drop is probably not critical for day 1, but if you're planning on doing the bats, you want envy for sure. Fairy is not a bad idea if you're going to go for sonars, especially since you still need a bugbear outfit.

Not sure about banking for El Dia. On the one hand, this early in the run I usually want to focus as much as possible on getting myself set up with decent food and drink; leveling is a corollary concern because I need to unlock areas like Whitey's Grove, and I do quests as a means of leveling (kind of opposite to how a regular run goes). Banking for El Dia means wasting a stat day, which is sadmaking; on the other hand, if you can bank 45-60 adventures, that gives you a pretty good shot at getting 2 more corpse drinks, which are +15 adventures over AC bases as nightcaps and better stats. Yeah, I'd probably bank for El Dia; you're going to eat hell food on day 2 and drink barrels booze on days 2 and 3, so there really isn't anything I can think of that's critical that you're delaying.

If you need to find something to do on day 3 to fill time, consider farming some dry noodles and making a curdflinger; the deleveling is really useful.

Good luck and keep having fun!

Lespectre
AFH

Post by Lespectre » Sun Oct 17, 2010 8:09 pm

I don't know if you want advice from someone who has not himself ever done a 10-day BMAT, but here goes -

I'm pretty sure that you're going to eventually want to get a fairy. I've never actually considered not getting a fairy, but I think that it's likely worth it. You can get the mushroom in the same place you go to get noodles for a curdflinger. (Although if you already have your EW, that's less important.) Since as an AT your powerleveling depends in part on item drop, I think that I would go for it. (I think I would go for it in any case.) As long as you're going for it, I think you should go for it ASAP. Some stuff you want to do fairly soon is helped out by it.

I'm torn on getting the LEW; on one hand, the AT LEW is actually quite good in BM, because it has very high +moxie and the +damage means that you can actually kill stuff with it. (Weapons that are pure +moxie and no damage go obsolete at some point because you kill stuff so slow that you're actually taking a significant amount of pain each combat. The DB LEW is an example of this.) It also saves MP, which isn't a huge deal, but it's nice. (AT don't have quite the same meat strain that some other classes do, and if you burn two turns on it, you can get MMJ AND Herbs.)

I'm confused about your semi-rare; with the recent change to when the first one comes, I think you might have missed it entirely. (I do not know if Mafia has been updated to reflect the change.)

Agree with Kelemvor that you want to get a Volley; it's basically just a few meat now, so I'd use the profits from whatever the first BM meat adventure you get is to get one.

Glancing at my logs for 11-day moxie runs, you look like you're in a pretty good spot, I think. Despite the latish Pride and not getting a BFV, you're at at higher level than I am at the end of day one in my two logs (although those didn't have a moxie day.) With a little luck, I think you have a shot.

Ringwraith
Inscrutable Pi

Post by Ringwraith » Mon Oct 18, 2010 1:08 am

Thanks for the comments/advice, guys :) I really appreciate it!

kelemvor wrote: I would get the bfv first thing; I usually try to make that as soon as I get pride if I can. Get one of the BM meat adventures to help pay for chewing gum if you need to. I would also pick up Envy ASAP;

I got the BFV yesterday itself before logging off, so that's covered :)
And will get pride before doing the bats. I don't have enough meats for it right now, will need to think of something D:

kelemvor wrote:Fairy is not a bad idea if you're going to go for sonars, especially since you still need a bugbear outfit.

I already got the outfit from the fun house :D

kelemvor wrote:If you need to find something to do on day 3 to fill time, consider farming some dry noodles and making a curdflinger; the deleveling is really useful.

Good luck and keep having fun!

I'll keep that in mind, thanks :) So far it's been trivial killing things, but then...all I've done is kill clowns and stuff >.>
I suspect I'll stop having fun, or start getting quite irritated once things take ages to drop :D
But thanks :)

les wrote:get fairy

Yessir! Before I do the bats, even.

les wrote:I'm torn on getting the LEW

I still have 8 of the bounty items to get, so I might get enough clownosity to make it. Otherwise, I might not bother.

les wrote:I'm confused about your semi-rare; with the recent change to when the first one comes, I think you might have missed it entirely. (I do not know if Mafia has been updated to reflect the change.)

Thanks for pointing that out D: I didn't even know there had been a SR change :/ I need to look into that >.>

And I'll take any advice I get :)
Sankyu!

Ringwraith
Inscrutable Pi

Post by Ringwraith » Mon Oct 18, 2010 2:22 am

I have a test tomorrow, so I'll post the log after that.

I got caught up in playing turns and didn't bank. But I got a lot done, so wheee!
> got Envy
> got luker
> got fairy
> got perfume, harem outfit
> boss bat killed
> got noodles for curdflinger if required
> got meatcar
> BM bat 2k meats gotten

92turns used, approx. level 6.5
And that's it, afaik :)

Kelemvor
AFH

Post by Kelemvor » Mon Oct 18, 2010 4:34 pm

Very nice day 2! You're on a solid pace right now; keep it up!

Over the next two days, I would say your priorities should be:
- friar's quest
- liver
- farm limes
- get hippy outfit
- open island

That will get you consistent access to good food and booze, and it should be relatively smooth sailing from there.

Ringwraith
Inscrutable Pi

Post by Ringwraith » Tue Oct 19, 2010 3:54 am

Thanks, Kel :)

===Day 2===

[90-106] Knob Goblin Harem [0,0,0]
[106-107] Knob Goblin Kitchens [0,0,0]

I was playing with my mafia's settings, and must have messed something up >.>
I bought Envy before trying for the outfit. And had 10turns of Hella Smooth from yesterday. Still, it took a while to drop, and i must have gotten like...a dozen diseases. Not good <.<

[108-110] Fun House [0,0,0]
[111-117] Knob Goblin Kitchens [0,0,0]
     %> [25] Badmoon: KELF! I Need Somebody!
[118] Haiku Dungeon [0,0,0]

Bounty, then trying for a mushroom in the kitchens, but no luck. I got 3 bunches of dry noodles though.

[119-133] Fun House [0,0,0]
[134-138] Knob Goblin Kitchens [0,0,0]
[139-142] Barrel Full of Barrels [0,0,0]
[143-144] Haiku Dungeon [0,0,0]

Finished the bounty, and a luker in my pocketses. Whee!
No shrooms from Kitchens, got some booze for the day, and luckily, the RNG decided to be nice to me :)
Made my fairy.

[145-150] Guano Junction [0,0,0]
[151-152] Bat Hole Entryway [0,0,0]
     %> [4] Badmoon: Onna Stick
[153-170] Degrassi Knoll [0,0,0]
[171-175] Boss Bat's Lair [0,0,0]
[175-179] Degrassi Knoll [0,0,0]
[180] South of the Border [0,0,0]

Pickpocketed 3 sonars, yay! Got the 2k meats, and killed the Boss Bat.
Also had all of the ingredients to make the meatcar in the first few turns, but it took freaking ages to see a tire juggler! Not cool, RNG >:|
And SoTB, hoping for the BM adv and 4k meats, but got nossin.

All in all, I think it was a good day :)

Good stuff:
o> got Envy
o> got harem outfit and perfume
o> boss bat taken care of
o> meatcar done
o> got fairy, and BFV

To do:

o> shore trips
o> friar's quest
o> get liver!
o> farm limes if possible
o> yoink some sweet beverage from El Dia monstahs

Ringwraith
Inscrutable Pi

Post by Ringwraith » Tue Oct 19, 2010 4:26 am

===Day 3===

[181-182] Whitey's Grove [0,0,0]
[183-190] Dark Neck of the Woods [0,0,0]
[191-193] Spooky Forest [0,0,0]
[194-195] Dark Neck of the Woods [0,0,0]
[196] Spooky Forest [0,0,0]

Went to Whitey's Grove with Hella Smooth to try for the Hippy Outfit, and then I remembered it didn't drop from there. Stupid me >.>
The Neck was fine with the moxie boost from Hella Smooth, but once it wore off, I got my ass kicked by a hellion :(
I also bought Power ballad of the Arrowsmith to make life a little bit easier. All those brimstone sammiches had dealt a blow to my HP :/
I also had meats :D

[197-205] South of the Border [0,0,0]
     %> [22] Badmoon: The Beaten-Senseless Man's Hand
[206] Degrassi Knoll [0,0,0]
     %> [21] Badmoon: Flowers For Uffda :B
[207-212] Moxie Vacation [0,0,0]
[213-217] Outskirts of The Knob [0,0,0]
     %> [13] Badmoon: O Goblin, Where Art Thou?

Looking for more meats to fund my healing. No healing skill makes RW a sad wraith >:(
Also, I didn't have any cottage cheese, so i went to get that.

[218] Smith 1 crossbow string + 1 meat stack [0,0,0]
[219] Smith 1 basic meat crossbow + 1 dry noodles [0,0,0]
[220] Smith 1 starchy crossbow + 1 bowl of cottage cheese [0,0,0]
[221-223] Dark Neck of the Woods [0,0,0]
[224] Whitey's Grove [0,0,0]
[225] Whitey's Grove [0,0,0]
[227] Heartbreaker's Hotel [0,0,0]
[228-229] Whitey's Grove [0,0,0]
[230] White Citadel [0,0,0]

Smithed myself a curdflinger, whee! Even then, things in the Neck were still killing me :( Those nasty hellions :@
Wussed out and decided to lower the hellevator >.> To a pretty little number: 2 <.<
That might have been a bad idea, but it was reducing the amount of fun i was having :3
Also, I pickpocketed the filthy dreadsack, so i just have to praypraypray for a quick pants tomorrow :)

[231-233] Dark Neck of the Woods [0,0,0]
[234-240] Dark Elbow of the Woods [0,0,0]
[241-247] Dark Heart of the Woods [0,0,0]
[248-250] Muscle Vacation [0,0,0]

Things were going well, but I fumbled to death >:|
3 vacations down, too.

[251] Knob Goblin Kitchens [0,0,0]
     #> [2] Semirare: Knob Goblin Elite Guard Captain
[252-257] Dark Heart of the Woods [0,0,0]
[258-259] Friar's Gate [0,0,0]

I was torn between KGE, and lunchbox. Decided to go with KGE in the end cos I was planning on farming limes the next day, and the eyedrops and maybe pet buffing(if i can survive it) would be more useful.

So, today was a bit of a disappointment. Things weren't going so smoothly, and I sorta panicked. ~10ish turns more, and I'd have gotten liver :(
It's my fault though - I should've pushed for it instead of trying to get more meats from the BM adventures. I had enough funds to buy healing potions. But oh wells. Lesson learnt :)
I should've done the D too >.<
I wouldn't mind trying again next El Dia, tbh. I'm enjoying this :D

So, recap of good stuffs:
o> 4 corpse drinks for nightcaps, yay!
o> Allllmost done with liver
o> KGE in inventory
o> 1/2 hippy outfit, 3/5 shore trips, and 2/3 temple items

To-do:
o> Farm limes
(Does adventuring outside of Friar's gate before getting the 3rd Azazel item mess up anything? I have 10turns of Hella Smooth, and 20turns of the food buff.)
o> liver
o> DD(really, REALLLLLLY hope for a key :/)
o> Kill Goblin King >.>
o> Get hippy outfit
o> Cyrpt
o> Pray for a doable bounty :3

Lespectre
AFH

Post by Lespectre » Tue Oct 19, 2010 1:26 pm

What are you wearing besides a curdflinger? Moxie classes and plinking Saucerors in BM need a certain amount of +Damage or fights are going to take so long that you'll be taking a huge amount of damage just from monster crits and fumbles and as an AT will be dropping tons of meat on healing.
I also bought Power ballad of the Arrowsmith to make life a little bit easier

I'd never considered doing this; it's inexpensive though, and I'm curious to how much use you get out of it. I assume that since you were level 6.5 at the end of day
Wussed out and decided to lower the hellevator >.> To a pretty little number: 2 <.<

I don't think lowering the hellavator at this point is a bad idea. Moving it from 11 to 2 costs you 1.1 mainstat/combat, which isn't insignificant but which isn't worth it if it's keeping you out of zones. In any run you're going to reach a point where you're struggling to make no-hit moxie to get into zones at which point you turn it down or off anyway.

(Does adventuring outside of Friar's gate before getting the 3rd Azazel item mess up anything? I have 10turns of Hella Smooth, and 20turns of the food buff.)
Nope.

I assume that since you were level 6.5 at the end of day 2, you're level 7 now, which means you can get Phat Loot. If you can get it before farming limes, I would; it's only worth ~.8 limes on average (if you always get the jump - if you never get the jump, it's worth .9 limes), but I think you want it eventually anyway. Speaking of getting the jump, the difference between never getting the jump and always getting the jump is (with +100% item drop) 2.7 limes, so getting initiative can be more important than eking out a little extra item boost.

Kelemvor
AFH

Post by Kelemvor » Tue Oct 19, 2010 3:51 pm

One thing that I always have to remind myself of when doing BM is to make sure to equip Lord Spookyraven's spectacles in the bedroom and get your quest item (I'm pretty used to skipping it in a regular run). Moxie classes in particular can get their spookyraven skill at low cost, since they have to go to the ballroom anyway, and I found that dirge is really handy for upping your damage, which prevents you from dying to monster crits and fumbles.

Ringwraith
Inscrutable Pi

Post by Ringwraith » Tue Oct 19, 2010 11:29 pm

Lespectre wrote:What are you wearing besides a curdflinger?

I've got a filthy dreadsack(+3 stench),magical ice cube(+1 cold), imp unity ring(+5 hot), and a boxing glove(+4 wpn). Fights are going smoothly :)

Power ballad was awesome, since I already had a relatively small amout of HP. And I was swimming in meats too >.> But now I'mma have to drop it. I bought Phat Loot and Cletus' thing for lime farming :)
Thanks for the +init advice, I'd prolly have missed that. Although I do have a measly 10% from an infernal insole.

kelemvor wrote:One thing that I always have to remind myself of when doing BM is to make sure to equip Lord Spookyraven's spectacles in the bedroom and get your quest item (I'm pretty used to skipping it in a regular run). Moxie classes in particular can get their spookyraven skill at low cost, since they have to go to the ballroom anyway, and I found that dirge is really handy for upping your damage, which prevents you from dying to monster crits and fumbles.

Ooh, thanks for the tip :D I didn't even think of the Spookyraven skill :)
I'll look into it as soon as I get around to playin' around in the bedroom.

Ringwraith
Inscrutable Pi

Post by Ringwraith » Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:55 am

===Day 4===

[280] Knob Goblin Laboratory [2,4,9]

Misclick fail there >:(
Also, I bought Phat Loot's and Cletus' Canticle of Celerity(?).

[281-309] Menagerie 1 [140,117,248]
     +> [282] Got lime
     +> [284] Got lime
     +> [290] Got lime
     +> [294] Got lime
     +> [295] Got lime
     +> [299] Got lime
     +> [300] Got lime
     +> [303] Got lime
     +> [306] Got lime
     +> [307] Got lime
     *> [281] Started hunting Fruit Golem
     -> Turn [309] Blood-Faced Volleyball
[310] King's Chamber [16,25,32]
     +> [310] Got Crown of the Goblin King
     -> Turn [310] Baby Gravy Fairy
[311-320] Menagerie 1 [51,44,89]
     +> [311] Got lime
     +> [312] Got lime
     +> [318] Got lime
     +> [319] Got lime
     -> Turn [320] Blood-Faced Volleyball

Very happy with my farming results :) 12cherries, 14limes, and 12 oranges.
I don't remember how heavy my fairy was, but I ran pet buffing and eyedrops for all 40turns, and Hella Smooth for the first 20turns.
Had to stop by the Goblin King to fill up on meats. Buffing is not cheap >.>

[322-327] Daily Dungeon [2,8,9]
     -> Turn [327] Baby Gravy Fairy
[328-329] White Citadel [30,30,0]
     -> Turn [329] Blood-Faced Volleyball
[330-332] Daily Dungeon [3,5,9]
     +> [332] Got Sneaky Pete's breath spray, wussiness potion
     o> Ate 4 cherry pie (32 adventures gained) [0,35,0]

I am a sad panda :( No KLPs today. Although the breath spray is awesome, i must admit.

[333-341] Friar's Gate [36,27,71]
     +> [341] Got Azazel's tutu
[342-344] Defiled Niche [16,20,32]
[345] Friar's Gate [0,0,0]
     +> [345] Got steel margarita
[346-358] Defiled Niche [70,81,171]
     o> Drank 6 shot of orange schnapps (12 adventures gained) [24,0,0]
     -> Turn [358] Baby Gravy Fairy
[359-364] Defiled Cranny [57,62,103]

Got liver, and 1/4 of the Cyrpt done.

[365-367] Whitey's Grove [6,0,8]
     %> [367] Badmoon: A White Lie
[368-377] White Citadel [31,33,78]
     +> [377] Got filthy knitted dread sack
     o> Drank 6 shot of orange schnapps (12 adventures gained) [22,0,0]
     -> Turn [377] Blood-Faced Volleyball

I was low on meat, and BM special advs are awesome for that. It didn't take long, luckily :)
Burning off the 10turns of -20% stats, and got a dread sack. Guess I know what i'm zapping tomorrow >.>

[378-388] Defiled Nook [56,58,210]
     +> [378] Got loose teeth, loose teeth
     +> [380] Got smart skull
     +> [388] Got skeleton bone, skeleton bone
     => Level 8 (Turn 388)! (32/34/53)
[389-395] Defiled Alcove [48,59,112]
     +> [391] Got rusty grave robbing shovel
     +> [394] Got loose teeth
     -> Turn [395] Baby Gravy Fairy

4/4 cyrpt areas cleared, and I decided to wait till I was in the safe moxie range to try to pwn the boner.

[397] Barrel Full of Barrels [0,0,0]
     o> Drank 2 Imp Ale (2 adventures gained) [17,0,-34]
[398-399] Itznotyerzitz Mine [0,10,0]
     +> [398] Got miner's helmet
     o> Drank 1 corpse on the beach (21 adventures gained) [0,74,0]

I had 2drunk left, and no more shnappy fruits :( Barrels got me nothing, so i had to down some imp ales.
Miner's helmet frm non-combat, yay!

Aaaaaaaaaaaand, done for today. I'm very pleased, i must say :) RNG's been nice.
I also chose the DoD bounty since i need to get my zap wand tomorrow anyways. I like the breath spray, so I guess I'll try for another key in the DD for now. And i really need access to the fruit store, so my one zap will be for the hippy suit.

120 turns played, lvl 8.1

Good:
o> 14 limesssss!
o> Cyrpt cleared
o> liver gotten
o> BM adv for 5k meats
o> 2/2 hippy suit(need a zap)
o> 1/3 miner's outfit

To do:
o> Get miner outfit
o> Open DoD, burn Teleportitis in mine/DD
o> Get zap wand, and zap dread sack
o> Goat cheese
o> work on bounty
o> find ballz to kill spookyraven
o> shore trip

Kelemvor
AFH

Post by Kelemvor » Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:10 am

Pacing looks awesome. You're more than a full day ahead of my current run, which should (fingers crossed) end up as an 11-day, so 10-day seems very much within reach. Great work!

Don't forget that you need 6k meat to get your wand (1k for the oracle, 5k for the mimic), plus whatever you need for shoring; this may lead you to try and kill the bonerdagon sooner to get chest meat. Other than that, I got nothin' -- you clearly know what you're doing and things seem to be going well, keep it up!

Mister Mickey
Inscrutable Pi
Location: Misery ( or Missouri like native Americans spelled it)

Post by Mister Mickey » Wed Oct 20, 2010 6:34 pm

I don't have a ten day AT run either, don't feel bad Lespectre.

El Dia is one of those holidays that annoy me. Seriously if it was the day before the moxie stat days then it would be awesome but since it's after them it's not an extremely helpful holiday. Either moxie stat days are too early, or El Dia is too late...

With early stat days you'll probably want to try and score another lucre or two to use against waltzers when you get to your ballroom leveling. That is of course assuming you can get a lucre without going too far out of your way... if you have to waste 40 turns somewhere then the extra dance cards will be a bust or push at best. Goatlet isn't that bad, airship isn't either.

I hate the DoD bounty, completing that bounty means I was totally hosed in there by the RNG.

After level 9 if you open your guild store you can sneak into muscle store to use medicinal herbs for healing...

Another thing about level 9 is it opens up the hippy outfit non combats from the island.

You missed your first semi rare on day one turn 70-80 or something like that. Five hell foods and a semi rare on day one is possible but you'd have to be in an area that you want to get the semi rare from when that time comes around. Another option is to eat, drink and bank day one asap and then eat a cookie day two.

I'll look over this more closely later, dinner time right now.

Lespectre
AFH

Post by Lespectre » Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:21 pm

Mister Mickey wrote:I don't have a ten day AT run either, don't feel bad Lespectre.
:P

Ringwraith
Inscrutable Pi

Post by Ringwraith » Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:41 am

Muchas gracias for the encouragement, Kel :)

mickey wrote:With early stat days you'll probably want to try and score another lucre or two to use against waltzers when you get to your ballroom leveling.

I grabbed the Goatlet bounty. Thanks for pointing out how crappy the DoD can be..I forgot about that. haven't done bounty in a looong time >.>

mickey wrote:After level 9 if you open your guild store you can sneak into muscle store to use medicinal herbs for healing...

Another thing about level 9 is it opens up the hippy outfit non combats from the island.

Yep, I had planned on doing that. Herbs, plus MMJ for buffs and whatnot.
I'm prolly getting the hippy pants from the non-combat and saving a zap for something else. It shouldn't take more than afew turns, iirc. And I'm very close to lvl9.

mickey wrote:You missed your first semi rare on day one turn 70-80 or something like that. Five hell foods and a semi rare on day one is possible but you'd have to be in an area that you want to get the semi rare from when that time comes around. Another option is to eat, drink and bank day one asap and then eat a cookie day two.

Yes, I missed it. That was totally my fault though - I came back to the game after a hiatus of a few weeks, and didn't really read up on the changes and whatnot. But it's good to know, for the next Bm run >.>

Thanks for the advice, Mickey :)

Ringwraith
Inscrutable Pi

Post by Ringwraith » Thu Oct 21, 2010 1:31 am

===Day 5===

[400-414] Itznotyerzitz Mine [53,38,123]
     +> [400] Got 7-Foot Dwarven mattock
     +> [409] Got miner's helmet
     +> [414] Got miner's pants
[415-419] Greater-Than Sign [26,25,44]
[420-422] Mysticality Vacation [0,0,0]
     +> [422] Got tropical orchid
[423-427] Haunted Pantry [4,2,9]
     +> [423] Got razor-sharp can lid
[428] Outskirts of The Knob [0,0,0]
     #> [428] Semirare: Lunchboxing
     o> Drank 1 thermos full of Knob coffee (6 adventures gained) [5,6,5]

The pants took ages to drop, heh heh heh >.>
Started working on unlocking the DD, but then decided against it. Only a dozen turns left till the SR, do not want teleportitis just then >.>
Unlocked the manor, which I somehow skipped O.o

[429-449] Greater-Than Sign [79,85,194]
     +> [433] Got plus sign
[450] Knob Goblin Treasury [2,2,6]
     +> [450] Got Knob mushroom, spices
[451] Knob Goblin Kitchens [5,3,11]
[452] Itznotyerzitz Mine [2,1,3]
[453] South of the Border [0,0,0]
     +> [453] Got jabanero-flavored chewing gum
[454-458] Greater-Than Sign [16,17,26]

URGHHHH, stupid RNG >:( Unlocking the DoD took so fricking long! I had 12 large and 5small boxes by the end of it -_-

[459-461] Moxie Vacation [0,0,0]
     +> [461] Got barbed-wire fence, worthless trinket
     o> Ate 2 Knob pasty (13 adventures gained) [10,11,12]
[462-466] Daily Dungeon [5,4,6]
     +> [466] Got Jarlsberg's earring
     o> Drank 1 extra-spicy bloody mary (8 adventures gained) [6,6,7]
     o> Drank 1 shot of tomato schnapps (2 adventures gained) [1,1,1]
     -> Turn [462] Blood-Faced Volleyball

Took a last shore trip to burn off teleporitis, and unlocked the Island. Fantastic DD today, but I only had 4 keys. Used 3, and kept one for the skeleton key.
Also got a non-key AGAIN. Womp =(

[467] Dungeons of Doom [21,0,0]
     -> Turn [467] Baby Gravy Fairy
[468-481] Itznotyerzitz Mine (in Disguise) [0,0,0]
     -> Turn [481] Blood-Faced Volleyball
[482] Haert of the Cyrpt [21,26,73]
     +> [482] Got chest of the Bonerdagon, skull of the Bonerdagon
     o> Used 1 chest of the Bonerdagon [150,150,150]
     o> Drank 1 corpse on the beach (19 adventures gained) [0,72,0]
[483-493] Goatlet [64,53,91]
     +> [485] Got goat cheese
     +> [487] Got glass of goat's milk, goat cheese
     +> [488] Got bottle of whiskey
     +> [490] Got glass of goat's milk, goat cheese
     +> [491] Got goat cheese
     +> [492] Got bottle of whiskey
     +> [493] Got goat cheese
     -> Turn [484] Baby Gravy Fairy

I was running low on meats, so I had to plan on killing the Dagon.
Mine to get the ores and unlock Goatlet, which i forgot to do before getting Hella Smooth. 1turn wasted >.>
Boner taken care of, and got some cheese. And meats.

[494-503] Dungeons of Doom [38,34,103]
     +> [500] Got magic whistle
[504-506] Hippy Camp [8,10,25]
     +> [504] Got filthy knitted dread sack
[507-514] Dungeons of Doom [44,30,93]
     +> [509] Got ring of aggravate monster
     +> [514] Got Boris's key, dead mimic
     o> Drank 1 corpsedriver (19 adventures gained) [75,0,0]
     -> Turn [509] Blood-Faced Volleyball

I fumbled to death, gah >.< Hippy Camp in the hopes of getting the pants, but no luck. I was reserving a zap for the key, so couldn't get fruits.

[515-517] Cook 1 Boris's key lime + 1 pie crust [0,0,0]
     o> Ate 3 Boris's key lime pie (43 adventures gained) [93,0,0]
     -> Turn [517] Baby Gravy Fairy
[518-536] Goatlet [107,100,194]
     +> [518] Got bottle of whiskey
     +> [522] Got bottle of whiskey
     +> [523] Got glass of goat's milk, goat cheese
     %> [524] Badmoon: Frost Bitten, Twice Shy
     +> [525] Got glass of goat's milk, goat cheese
     +> [529] Got goat cheese
     +> [531] Got goat cheese
     -> Turn [525] Blood-Faced Volleyball
[537-539] Spooky Forest [9,7,26]
[540-552] Goatlet [78,83,162]
     +> [540] Got goat cheese
     +> [542] Got glass of goat's milk, goat cheese
     +> [543] Got glass of goat's milk
     +> [544] Got bottle of whiskey
     +> [552] Got bottle of whiskey, filthy lucre, odor extractor

Ooh, delishus key lime pies :D Working on the bounty, and fumbled to death yet again >.< Forest for last map piece, but got nossin.
1 luker in hand, again.

[553-560] Haunted Billiards Room [31,21,49]
     +> [559] Got pool cue
     -> Turn [560] Baby Gravy Fairy
[561-573] Haunted Library [80,54,102]
     +> [563] Got inkwell
     o> Drank 1 snifter of thoroughly aged brandy (3 adventures gained) [0,9,0]
[574] Mix 1 bottle of whiskey + 1 cherry [0,0,0]
     o> Drank 1 old-fashioned (10 adventures gained) [0,10,0]

Unlocked Library, and manor upstairs.
And done for today.

I took care of everything on my to-do list, and yet I'm not particularly pleased. The stupid DoD and wand took ages, and that makes me a sad panda.
So, 174turns used, level 8.9
Good:
o> 1 lucre in pocket
o> everything in previous To-do list done

To do:
o> get pirate outfit, insults, pirate fledges
o> set ballroom song
o> Orc Chasm
o> consumable SR probably? (seems like there's so much to do...and in just 5 days <.<)
o> unlock guild store for sweet MMJs and herbs

Mister Mickey
Inscrutable Pi

Post by Mister Mickey » Thu Oct 21, 2010 6:40 am

Probably would've been a better idea to set the ballroom song ASAP if possible. Getting through the bedroom early requires running from the nightstands and taking stats or meats on the non combats that you don't need but I'm pretty sure setting the song is worth it. Saves turns virtually everywhere. The only place it really hurts is the F'cle and that is assuming you throw all buffs for +item drops and the kitchen sink of at it.

DoD is a tuff kinda cookie for a bounty. Completing it means the RNG totally hosed you or you spent a lot of extra turns there.

Goatlet and Airship you have to adventure there a decent amount of turns. I mean it's very unlikely but I've got the wand before seeing a single koblob before so DoD just is just a risk to hold on to when either of those requires little or no extra turns to complete.

Hind sight is 20/20 in BM though so much blind luck from the RNG that sometimes it's hard to know what to do... I really honestly think that lucre will be worth it when you run out of things to do sometime tomorrow or the next day and have to ballroom level...

I can't really compare my current run to yours since I started a couple days before you, you're doing about as good as I was after 5 days.

Keep it up...

Kelemvor
AFH

Post by Kelemvor » Thu Oct 21, 2010 4:01 pm

Not particularly pleased? You are 2 days ahead of my pace (and I finished today as I was hoping, for an 11-dayer, though I did bank for day 8, so you're probably more like 1 day ahead), and keeping pace with Frank, who just finished a 10-day.

Some other loose ends to consider:
- are you going to get all five tower familiars, or hope that the ones you get will be enough?
- what is your plan for passing the familiar test? If it's pet snacks/buffing spray/arena, are you going to powerlevel to 12 and flyer the MacGuffin quest?
- Flushed: f'cl'e or filthworms? (I used it for the f'cl'e, which is also what frank does, I think, though phel often uses it for filthworms.)
- Did you get an AFUE scroll yet? Are you going back for one if not?

Don't forget to save a lime for making a tower familiar, and also don't forget that mafia will take a lime out of your closet to make a KLP unless you tell it not to do so.

Keep it up!

Mister Mickey
Inscrutable Pi

Post by Mister Mickey » Thu Oct 21, 2010 6:21 pm

Kelemvor wrote:Not particularly pleased? You are 2 days ahead of my pace (and I finished today as I was hoping, for an 11-dayer, though I did bank for day 8, so you're probably more like 1 day ahead), and keeping pace with Frank, who just finished a 10-day.

- are you going to get all five tower familiars, or hope that the ones you get will be enough?
- what is your plan for passing the familiar test? If it's pet snacks/buffing spray/arena, are you going to powerlevel to 12 and flyer the MacGuffin quest?
- Flushed: f'cl'e or filthworms? (I used it for the f'cl'e, which is also what frank does, I think, though phel often uses it for filthworms.)

Don't forget to save a lime for making a tower familiar, and also don't forget that mafia will take a lime out of your closet to make a KLP unless you tell it not to do so.

Keep it up!

Moxie is a day faster than pasta Kelemvor at least this month they are....

That ten dayer was about a week ago, I'm on day 8 right now which means I started a couple days ahead of Ringwraith's run. I think I had El Dia on day 6...

I've actually been "lazy" lately just getting cyclops eyedrops for the Fcle instead of flushed. This new first semi rare range still has me a little "off" on my semi rare routine now.

The idea with eyedrops is it doesn't kill stats like flushed does, which sometimes makes surviving the Fcle a pain in the butt early.

Actually this run I used flushed for the Fcle and got cyclops eyedrops for the worms, I usually as a moxie class just go with shall we dance +50% item drop for the worms but my semi rare came up so I figured I'd save turns instead of generating a few extra...

I don't think Ringwraith needs to worry about AFUE scrolls until after doing the castle. Those scrolls are pretty worthless without black candles...

Ringwraith
Inscrutable Pi

Post by Ringwraith » Sat Oct 23, 2010 1:31 am

Kelemvor wrote:Not particularly pleased? You are 2 days ahead of my pace (and I finished today as I was hoping, for an 11-dayer, though I did bank for day 8, so you're probably more like 1 day ahead), and keeping pace with Frank, who just finished a 10-day.

Keep it up!

Not particularly pleased cos the DoD unlock and wand took so long :) But otherwise things were going well, so that's good.

I'm going to get as many as possible, and hope for the best >.>
I'll get pet snax, buffing spray, and do the arena. I got a decent amount of restoratives from the Airship, so healing atleast won't be so painful.
And I think I'll use Flushed for the F'c'le.
Scroll gotten, and I got the candles too :D

Thanks for the comments, Mickey and kel :)

Ringwraith
Inscrutable Pi

Post by Ringwraith » Sat Oct 23, 2010 1:33 am

===Day 6===

[574-582] Pirate Cove [15,44,60]
     +> [575] Got swashbuckling pants
     +> [576] Got bottle of rum
     +> [577] Got stuffed shoulder parrot
     +> [582] Got eyepatch
[583] Haunted Bedroom [0,0,0]
     o> Ate 1 fortune cookie (1 adventures gained) [0,0,0]
     -> Turn [583] Blood-Faced Volleyball
[584-586] Spooky Forest [2,4,3]
     +> [586] Got Spooky Temple map
[587] Haunted Bedroom [0,0,0]
     -> Turn [587] Baby Gravy Fairy
[588] Haunted Library [0,0,0]
     -> Turn [588] Blood-Faced Volleyball
[589-595] Haunted Conservatory [12,20,44]
     %> [595] Badmoon: The Placebo Defect
     +> [595] Got potato sprout

Pirate outfit didn't take too long, yay!
I got owned in the Bedroom - got the jump, but didn't run away successfully. Got the last temple piece, and also hoping for the bounty.
Also decided to get the potato, just in case I'd need it. It didn't take long, so I'm happy.

[596] Sleazy Back Alley [6,0,8]
[597-598] Spooky Forest [9,7,14]
[599-600] Haunted Bedroom [200,250,267]
     => Level 9 (Turn 600)! (48/49/68)
[601-605] Spooky Forest [5,12,14]
     %> [604] Badmoon: That's My Favorite Kind of Contraption
[606] Sleazy Back Alley [0,0,0]
     #> [606] Semirare: In the Still of the Alley
     o> Drank 3 distilled fortified wine (15 adventures gained) [15,20,16]
[607-624] Spooky Forest [34,58,60]
     +> [623] Got filthy lucre, odor extractor

More Spooky Forest action in the hopes of getting a spooky mushroom for my grue egg omelette, but no luck :(
i did grab another lucre though.

[625-626] Guild Challenge [0,0,0]
[627-633] Haunted Bedroom [0,0,0]
     +> [627] Got Lord Spookyraven's spectacles
     -> Turn [633] Baby Gravy Fairy
[634-636] Cook 1 Boris's key lime + 1 pie crust [0,0,0]
     o> Ate 3 Boris's key lime pie (45 adventures gained) [93,0,0]
[637] Haunted Ballroom [0,0,0]
     -> Turn [637] Blood-Faced Volleyball
[638] Spooky Forest [3,2,5]
[639-640] Haiku Dungeon [5,5,10]
     -> Turn [640] Baby Gravy Fairy
[641-643] Haunted Ballroom [15,16,34]

Unlocked the guild store for sweet, sweet MMJs and medicinal herbs. Seeya later, Doc!
Set the Ballroom song, and misclicked on the Forest link >.<
Haiku Dungeon for a chance of shrooms, but no luck >.> I'm glad I gave up <.<

[644-662] Orc Chasm [113,155,224]
     +> [646] Got 334 scroll
     +> [647] Got 334 scroll
     +> [649] Got 33398 scroll
     +> [650] Got 334 scroll
     +> [652] Got lowercase N
     +> [659] Got lowercase N
     +> [661] Got 30669 scroll
     +> [662] Got 64735 scroll
     o> Ate 1 dehydrated caviar (2 adventures gained) [0,0,17]

Chasm wasn't too bad. I'm glad I got booze instead of ASCII art. I figured the lowercase N could be a bit of a beehotch, so I might as well spend the extra turns in there. Had all the scroll parts before I saw an adding machine.

[663-671] Hippy Camp [27,35,54]
     +> [665] Got filthy corduroys
     %> [670] Badmoon: Better Dread Than Dead
     o> Drank 1 fine wine (2 adventures gained) [0,0,5]
     o> Drank 5 old-fashioned (37 adventures gained) [0,57,0]
[672-680] 8-Bit Realm [32,39,49]

AUGH! I didn't check my pickpocketed items, and didn't realise I had the corduroys :/
6turns which hopefully won't bite me in the ass later on.
Got rid of the -50%mox turns in the 8-bit realm.

[681-715] Haunted Ballroom [238,275,854]
     +> [684] Got Sneaky Pete's key, dance card
     +> [688] Got dance card
     +> [694] Got dance card
     +> [698] Got dance card
     +> [702] Got dance card
     +> [706] Got dance card
     o> Drank 1 flute of flat champagne (6 adventures gained) [0,20,0]
     *> [684] Started hunting zombie waltzers

Things were going "well", until I fumbled to death for 3 consecutive rounds :(
Decided not to waste 3turns of OTT and buffs, and called it a day.

142turns played, Level 9

I'm getting a bit worried now, tbh. Seems like there's SO MUCH TO DO in just 4days :/
It's good practice for the next run though.

Good:
o> Chasm done
o> hippy outfit done
o> pirate utfit in inventory
o> +1 lucre

To do:
o> finish farming dance cards
o> farm insults
o> airship, castle
o> F'c'le

Lespectre
AFH

Post by Lespectre » Sat Oct 23, 2010 2:06 am

- Super minor, but the spooky forest is, if you're looking purely for a mushroom, slightly better than the Haiku Dungeon, which has a lower noncombat rate and a chance that the noncombat won't give you one. The expected number of turns to get a Spooky Mushroom in the forest is 6.67 (with no combat modifiers), so you should only go for it if it's going to be a 7-turn difference vs. whatever you'd eat otherwise. If what you're eating otherwise is better than 4.1 adv/full, then it's not worth it. (Assuming you have no chef; if you have a chef, it's 4.3). That means that it's probably technically mathematically worth it to go for the mushroom in the forest (if you're only concerned with daycount, since this is inflating turncount by 7). Going 23 turns without the noncombat is very bad luck. (<3%)

- You don't mention zapping anything today; there's always useful stuff to zap for in BM - the list is here.

Ringwraith
Inscrutable Pi

Post by Ringwraith » Sat Oct 23, 2010 2:23 am

===Day 7===
Adventure count at day start: 62
Current meat: 19426

[716-723] Haunted Ballroom [54,48,240]
     +> [716] Got dance card
     +> [723] Got dance card
[724-735] Barrrney's Barrr [127,111,192]
     +> [727] Got bottle of rum
     +> [728] Got bottle of rum
     +> [729] Got bottle of rum
     +> [732] Got bottle of rum
     -> Turn [725] Levitating Potato
[736] Haunted Ballroom [0,0,176]
[737-739] Barrrney's Barrr [18,10,176]
     +> [737] Got bottle of rum
     +> [738] Got bottle of rum
     -> Turn [737] Blood-Faced Volleyball
[740] Haunted Ballroom [0,0,183]
[741-743] Barrrney's Barrr [24,17,44]
     +> [742] Got bottle of rum, bottle of rum
     +> [743] Got bottle of rum
[744] Haunted Ballroom [0,0,198]
     => Level 10 (Turn 744)! (56/57/85)

Finished farming dance cards, and moved on to gathering insults.
Aaand, ding! Level 10 in there.

[745-746] Barrrney's Barrr [13,12,32]
[747] Cap'm Caronch's Map [5,7,21]
[749] The Infiltrationist [0,0,0]
     -> Turn [749] Baby Gravy Fairy
[750] Beanbat Chamber [2,2,6]
     +> [750] Got enchanted bean
[751-753] Cook 1 Sneaky Pete's key lime + 1 pie crust [0,0,0]
     o> Ate 3 Sneaky Pete's key lime pie (45 adventures gained) [0,0,88]

Got 7insults, and I forgot i didn't have a frilly skirt >.> Stupid lack of Muscle sign :(

[754-770] Fantasy Airship [103,101,230]
     +> [761] Got Tissue Paper Immateria
     +> [767] Got metallic A, photoprotoneutron torpedo
[771] Haunted Ballroom [0,0,205]
[772-773] Fantasy Airship [28,19,39]
[775-776] Haunted Ballroom [0,0,301]
[777-786] Fantasy Airship [72,68,158]
[787] Outskirts of The Knob [0,0,0]
     #> [787] Semirare: Lunchboxing
     o> Ate 1 Knob pasty (7 adventures gained) [6,5,5]
     o> Drank 10 fine wine (20 adventures gained) [0,0,40]
     o> Drank 4 flute of flat champagne (18 adventures gained) [0,66,0]
     o> Drank 1 thermos full of Knob coffee (6 adventures gained) [5,5,6]
[788-817] Fantasy Airship [216,201,446]
     +> [791] Got Tin Foil Immateria
     +> [799] Got Gauze Immateria
     +> [809] Got Plastic Wrap Immateria
     +> [817] Got S.O.C.K.
     -> Turn [790] Blood-Faced Volleyball
     -> Turn [817] Baby Gravy Fairy

Good god the Airship took so frigging long! D:
I got about a dozen sgeeas, phonics downs, tiny houses and such.
That's enough motivation to go through with flyering >.>

[818] Giant's Castle [202,0,0]
[819] Haunted Ballroom [0,0,190]
[820-822] Giant's Castle [11,24,38]
[823] Haunted Ballroom [0,0,197]
[824-859] Giant's Castle [376,189,1024]
     +> [825] Got heavy D, original G
     +> [826] Got plot hole
     +> [832] Got thin black candle
     %> [833] Badmoon: Do You Think You're Better Off Alone
     +> [838] Got thin black candle
     +> [841] Got giant needle
     +> [845] Got furry fur
     +> [848] Got thin black candle
     +> [853] Got thin black candle
     +> [859] Got awful poetry journal, thin black candle

Long castle, but atleast I got some good stats.

[860-861] Frat House [2,2,9]
[862-864] Degrassi Knoll [6,5,8]
     +> [863] Got Gnollish toolbox
[865-869] Frat House [15,17,36]
     +> [865] Got bottle of gin
     +> [866] Got bottle of gin
     +> [867] Got bottle of vodka
[870-872] Haunted Ballroom [26,16,52]
     +> [872] Got dance card
[873-874] Frat House [3,4,6]
     %> [874] Badmoon: It's All The Rage
[875] Mix 1 bottle of gin + 1 olive [0,0,0]
     o> Drank 1 martini (6 adventures gained) [0,0,9]

Bit shaky there. Clan advised to try my luck at the Frat House for the outfit, so i did just that. Hopefully I'll get it quickly :(

So, 160turns played, level 10.9
Good:
o> airship and castle done. HiTS unlocked
o> 7 insults

To do:
o> get frat outfit/frilly skirt
o> f'c'le(with Flushed)
o> McGuffin!

Lespectre
AFH

Post by Lespectre » Sat Oct 23, 2010 3:27 am

I've looked again at the different options, but unfortunately the noncombats and their rate (or even what sort they are) in the frat house at level 9+ isn't really spaded.

Getting a briefcase from the Bat Hole, with +100% item drop, takes 7-ish turns on average. Mullet Wig is 12 turns, for 19 total. You might also get Bird Rib, Lion Oil, Sonar, or Baseball.

The frilly skirt from the Knoll, with +100% item drop, is 25 turns on average, swingy as hell, and is in an otherwise worthless zone. Don't do that.

The frilly skirt from the Frat House, with +100% item drop and a completely guessed combat rate of .85 (based on the fact that the bounty is 34), is unknown, because the drop rate on that isn't spaded, but based on the other number on the wiki is probably around 35 turns on average, but the frat outfit drops in the same zone. Again assuming a .85 combat rate, it's 20ish adventures on average to get the frat outfit. This calculation admittedly involves some hand-waving, since the function is pretty complex and the queue is highly relevant; I estimated simply that you'd need three noncombats to get the outfit; while it might take more due to repeats, parts can also drop from the bros, and you might potentially get the skirt first. You also get deodorants, each one of which saves, to pick a not necessarily optimal use of them, 1.7 turns in the Middle Chamber.

Assuming that the assumptions about the properties of the frat house are correct, the only clear conclusion is that you don't do the Knoll. If you want to be ultra-techy, you could check your log itself to see what noncombats are in the Whitey's Grove queue; if a few of the other ones are in there, then the expected turns to wig is substantially smaller.

Mister Mickey
Inscrutable Pi

Post by Mister Mickey » Sat Oct 23, 2010 9:29 am

Mullet wig and the briefcase is probably the best way to go.

If you can put the Fcle off until level 11 then a 60% base drop briefcase from the hidden city takes 0 turns to farm, unless you complete the hidden city without seeing a single pygmy guy that drops the briefcase.

Do the rates for lion oil and bird ribs go up when you hit level 11 or after you talk to Alarm? If they go up at level 11 then that's even more reason to put off farming a mullet wig.

Frat outfit could give base booze, reodorants a small chance at a frilly skirt and of course the frat outfit. Even start the ATW cycle....

I usually can get each outfit after level 9 before getting the BM adventures from hippy / frat camps.

I think they're just a delay() for their conditionals.

anyway don't ask me what the best option is. If I have to do farming then I flip a 3 sided coin.

reverkiller
Promoter of Heck

Post by reverkiller » Sat Oct 23, 2010 10:32 am

Just so you know, its impossible to get the increased drop rate for lion oil/bird rib while farming for a mullet wig, because you need the mullet wig to unlock the Palindome, which you need to adventure in to unlock Mr. Alarm.

Omri
AFH

Post by Omri » Sat Oct 23, 2010 12:14 pm

Mister Mickey wrote:Do the rates for lion oil and bird ribs go up when you hit level 11 or after you talk to Alarm? If they go up at level 11 then that's even more reason to put off farming a mullet wig.

They go up after you talk to Mr. Alarm, unfortunately.

Lespectre
AFH

Post by Lespectre » Sat Oct 23, 2010 1:50 pm

Yeah, you won't get the increased drop rates for them while you're farming for a mullet wig, but you'll still get the regular drop rates for them, which increases the zone's appeal when figuring out where to go to get Caronch stuff.

Mister Mickey
Inscrutable Pi

Post by Mister Mickey » Sat Oct 23, 2010 5:39 pm

I'm still torn on the frat outfit vs mullet wig. Frat house is the best option without a mullet wig or briefcase. Obviously the trivial way to go about it is with a frilly skirt and 3 wings.

~ so yeah anyway why not comment on Ringwraith's run ?

The "Do you think you're better off alone?" BM adventure in the castle can be avoided 99.99% of the time. After turning the wheel do not talk to the council until you've finished with the castle (unlocked HitS and have everything you need from there). Semi rares override BM adventures so grab the inhaler with no fear...

Reasons that you'll talk to the council ? I have a bad habit of doing it if I don't finish the council during normal adventuring, either after I've nightcapped, the next day or whatever I'll eventually click on them without thinking about it.

Also it's possible to hit level 11 while castling in the sky, which means talking to the council to start the Mcguffin so that has to be planned around.

It's only one adventure wasted and with a dozen SGEEAs, the effect of it and the rest of the BM adventures that you don't want can be cleared easily.

I hate long airships... stupid RNG...

~~~~~

Some comments about things coming up? If you have any more dance cards be careful to not let "we'll all be flat" AND "Party Crasher BM" adventures override them. Basically after finding we'll all be flat I usually just stay in the ballroom to get the BM adventure as well otherwise I forget to deal with it and it eats my stats from a dance card :(

Ringwraith
Inscrutable Pi

Post by Ringwraith » Sun Oct 24, 2010 6:14 am

Thanks for all the number crunching, Les :) I finally decided to go with the Frat House, and got a skirt!

mickey wrote:The "Do you think you're better off alone?" BM adventure in the castle can be avoided 99.99% of the time. After turning the wheel do not talk to the council until you've finished with the castle (unlocked HitS and have everything you need from there). Semi rares override BM adventures so grab the inhaler with no fear...

Oh, poo. That's totally my fault. I didn't realise there was a BM adventure after seeing the Council dudes. Even if I HAD known that, I'd prolly have clicked on the Council out of habit >.>
Now that I think of it, there's a BM adv that can be avoided in the HiTS. I should check up on that.

mickey wrote:If you have any more dance cards be careful to not let "we'll all be flat" AND "Party Crasher BM" adventures override them.

Thanks for the tip! :) I got B-flat, and the BM adv consecutively, so that was lucky :)

Ringwraith
Inscrutable Pi

Post by Ringwraith » Sun Oct 24, 2010 7:20 am

===Day 8===

[875-878] Frat House [17,21,31]
     +> [878] Got bottle of vodka
[879] Pirate Cove [0,0,0]
[880] The Infiltrationist [0,0,0]
[882] Barrrney's Barrr [0,0,0]

I got a frilly skirt, which for some reason mafia didn't record. Had 4hot wings in inventory, so I did the blueprints thing. Also passed beer pong on the 1st try with 7insults.

[883-900] F'c'le [249,121,332]
     +> [886] Got ball polish
     +> [887] Got mizzenmast mop
     +> [889] Got barrrnacle
     +> [899] Got rigging shampoo

Seriously...from 889-899 I only got 2fights. Stupid non-combats >:( But the fuckle items dropped with a 25lb fairy and eyedrops, so i can't complain >.>

[901-906] Black Forest [44,81,77]
     +> [904] Got sunken eyes
     +> [906] Got broken wings
     => Level 11 (Turn 905)! (67/65/104)

Lol. Mafia messing up.

[907-909] Muscle Vacation [0,0,0]
     -> Turn [909] Barrrnacle
[910-915] Poop Deck [41,35,347]
     -> Turn [914] Blood-Faced Volleyball
     -> Turn [915] Baby Gravy Fairy
[916-927] Belowdecks [133,132,207]
     +> [921] Got snakehead charrrm
     +> [924] Got acoustic guitarrr
     +> [927] Got snakehead charrrm
     o> Ate 1 Knob pasty (7 adventures gained) [6,5,5]
     o> Drank 1 cream stout (4 adventures gained) [10,9,8]
     o> Drank 1 snifter of thoroughly aged brandy (3 adventures gained) [0,8,0]

Tasty tasty virgin booty :)
I was about to level my barrnacle, but then remembered I planned on doing the arena as a Hippy for the buff.

[928-930] Cook 1 Sneaky Pete's key lime + 1 pie crust [0,0,0]
     o> Ate 3 Sneaky Pete's key lime pie (45 adventures gained) [0,0,89]
[931-938] Palindome [48,46,109]
     +> [932] Got photograph of God
     +> [934] Got hard rock candy
     +> [937] Got bottle of gin
[939-940] Desert (Unhydrated) [0,0,0]
[941-942] Hidden Temple [50,0,50]
[943-950] Palindome [144,135,284]
     +> [943] Got ketchup hound, stunt nuts
     +> [949] Got hard-boiled ostrich egg

Fumbled to death, whoops >.> Decided not to use a tiny house/sgeea and unlock the Oasis.

[951-953] Knob Goblin Laboratory [7,16,32]
     -> Turn [951] Blood-Faced Volleyball
[954] Sleazy Back Alley [0,0,0]
     #> [954] Semirare: In the Still of the Alley
     o> Drank 3 distilled fortified wine (16 adventures gained) [17,16,16]
[955-961] Knob Goblin Laboratory [21,29,63]
     -> Turn [961] Baby Gravy Fairy

The alarm guy took so long to show up O.o I didn't think that was even possible!

[962-963] Whitey's Grove [8,6,11]
     +> [962] Got lion oil
     +> [963] Got bird rib
[964-965] Haunted Ballroom [0,0,0]
     %> [965] Badmoon: Party Crasher

Quick wet stunt nut stew, yay! And got the ballroom Bm adv out of the way so it wouldn't eat my dance card in the future >:| Thanks for that tip, Mickey :)

[966] Desert (Unhydrated) [0,0,0]
[967] Oasis in the Desert [0,0,0]
[968] Desert (Ultrahydrated) [0,0,0]
[969] Oasis in the Desert [0,0,0]
     +> [969] Got stone rose
[970] Desert (Ultrahydrated) [0,0,0]
[971-976] Oasis in the Desert [46,40,101]
     +> [976] Got drum machine
[977-978] Desert (Ultrahydrated) [19,24,34]
[979-983] Haunted Wine Cellar [53,61,103]
     +> [979] Got dusty bottle of Zinfandel
     +> [980] Got dusty bottle of Port, dusty bottle of Zinfandel
     +> [981] Got dusty bottle of Pinot Noir, dusty bottle of Port
     +> [982] Got dusty bottle of Marsala, dusty bottle of Zinfandel
     +> [983] Got dusty bottle of Muscat, dusty bottle of Port
     o> Drank 3 dusty bottle of Port (18 adventures gained) [39,33,42]

Got Hella Smooth in the Oasis for a chance of some Supernova Champagne, and took some over for the dusty wines.

[984] Oasis in the Desert [0,0,0]
[985-987] Desert (Ultrahydrated) [16,28,36]
[988-999] Oasis in the Desert [74,68,121]
     +> [991] Got worm-riding manual page 1
     +> [997] Got worm-riding manual page 2
     +> [999] Got worm-riding manual pages 3-15
[1000-1001] Desert (Ultrahydrated) [22,16,40]
[1002] Oasis in the Desert [0,0,0]
[1003-1005] Desert (Ultrahydrated) [18,21,39]
     +> [1005] Got worm-riding hooks
     o> Drank 1 Supernova Champagne (10 adventures gained) [12,11,9]
     o> Drank 1 dry martini (7 adventures gained) [0,0,8]
     o> Drank 1 fine wine (2 adventures gained) [0,0,5]

Rest of oasis/desert, lalala.

[1006] Knob Goblin Laboratory [0,0,0]
     +> [1006] Got Mega Gem
[1007-1018] Hidden Temple [100,100,150]
[1019-1020] Hidden City [11,33,16]

13tuen temple :D Thank you RNG <3

[1021-1036] Haunted Ballroom [78,72,993]
     +> [1033] Got dance card
     +> [1036] Got boxed wine, boxed wine, boxed wine
     *> [1033] Started hunting zombie waltzers
[1037] Mix 1 boxed wine + 1 cherry [0,0,0]
     o> Used 2 handful of moss [0,0,27]
     o> Drank 1 sangria (10 adventures gained) [0,10,0]

I decided to powerlevel to 12 and start the war and keep the Hidden City, bosses, Pyramid, Ed, HiTS, and pixels to flyer.
Also sniffed a waltzer.

So, 162turns spent, level 11.6.
It looks like I might be able to pull it off D: I'll still get consumable SRs, just to be on the safe side >.>
I'm also planning on doing the war as a hippy. I'll do Orchard, Dooks, Arena, gremlins.I have 5deodorants, but I might not turn off the non-combat song, so beach'll prolly take aaaages.

Good:
o> oasis/desert done
o> wines done
o> Hidden City unlocked
o> Pet snax in hand
o> 4/5 tower fams

To do:
o> powerlevel to 12
o> get War Hippy Outfit
o> Orchard
o> Dooks
o> flyer stuff
o> don't screw up

Mister Mickey
Inscrutable Pi

Post by Mister Mickey » Sun Oct 24, 2010 12:30 pm

I think with polka a plenty, a greed demon scroll, one inhaler, nasal spray and braaaaains #2 and one or two shots of hella smooth that the nuns are do-able in about 20 turns ( not counting the ones used to find braaaaaains)...

without the greed scroll, it is still be possible in about 25 turns. It will save a ton on the battlefield I think ~8+16+16+16= > ~ 25 turns.

Lespectre
AFH

Post by Lespectre » Sun Oct 24, 2010 1:37 pm

Frank's right, in general you want to do the nuns pretty much no matter what, unless you can't get any +meat at all for some reason. If you don't do the nuns, it takes 48 adventures to open the junkyard, and after doing the junkyard, 34 after that to unlock the arena, and 34 after that to finish, for a total of 116 Battlefield adventures. Doing nuns cuts that cleanly in half, so you should* do the nuns if it will take fewer than 58 turns, which it totally will. (If you're not doing the arena, the cutoff is 75 turns.)

*If it was super close, I might slightly favor the battlefield as a non-moxie class, since it drops better stuff. For moxie classes, this is counterbalanced by Panty Raiders and Naughty Sorority Nurses, which can be a little tough to kill reliably, depending on your resources and luck.

Mister Mickey
Inscrutable Pi

Post by Mister Mickey » Sun Oct 24, 2010 2:07 pm

Les- The only way I've killed Naughty Nurses as a moxie class is with cold feathers, funkslinging, macrame nets or windchimes. Is there anything I'm forgetting?

Those wartenders can be a pain as well for moxie since they have very high attack over 200. Their HP total is low though so usually it's just a combo of getting hit and set on fire that is deadly.

+1 for frank being right about doing the nuns...
~~~

Ringwraith- The BM adventure from the HitS can be avoided by not making the key until you have enough to make everything else.

4 charts / 24 stars / 20 lines (crossbow)
4 / 25 / 19 (star staff)
4/ 26 / 18 ( sword)

as a moxie class I usually don't have a better weapon than the crossbow so I craft the star crossbow and just hope the RNG doesn't give me a ton of stars. Most of the time I'm waiting on a 4th star chart not stars/lines so it makes no difference.

What is the one familiar you don't have? If you got a barrrnacle as one of the four then you're set, if not then not so much but we'll worry about it a little later on....

Kelemvor
AFH

Post by Kelemvor » Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:43 pm

Not much to add, except +1 for doing ducks, filthworms, nuns, junkyard, arena, and good luck! Don't forget to use any extra wand zaps -- I usually try to get black pepper if I can.

Also, don't forget to use the chaos butterfly in combat before the ducks.

Ringwraith
Inscrutable Pi

Post by Ringwraith » Tue Oct 26, 2010 7:07 am

Oh boy, 13turns left on battlefield >.>
I'm already lvl13, got all bang potions, a number of tower items and such. SO CLOSE D:
But it was prolly my fault. I wasted a bunch of turns on day9, and other mistakes and stuff.

But thank you so much for the comments guys :D I'mma try again in a couple of weeks(after i finish an HCO and a HC run). Stat days, no El Dia, and i will do it this time >:|

Will do the remainining day logs tomorrow. It's 1am, and I'm sleepy :)

Kelemvor
AFH

Post by Kelemvor » Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:16 pm

Dang, that is close. Well, better luck next time!