The Downstairs Frank's BM Sauce 8/1233

Moderator: Raccoon

Mister Mickey
Inscrutable Pi
Location: Misery ( or Missouri like native Americans spelled it)

The Downstairs Frank's BM Sauce 8/1233

Post by Mister Mickey » Wed Apr 29, 2015 2:52 am

4-28-15

Ascend BM? What is wrong with me? Seriously.

so awhile back harumph did a 9 day pasta run without a holiday and I claimed that sauce or AT could do 8 dayer.

This is my attempt to put my $ where my lip is... so here we go, comments welcome and appreciated. I don't know everything about BM, I just pretend that I do.

It's been so long since I ascended, I actually haven't had to deal with the NS revamp. I'll figure it out before I get there hopefully.

New Ascension BM, Sauceor, I type the notes as I go along for a ton of reasons that I've said before but here's the gist of them:
1. Mafia slows my computer down
2. Typing notes makes me think about choices more than if an automatic parser just wrote them for me, I'm not saying this chicken scratch is better than those detailed things that mafia poops out, it's just a personal belief.
3. I can remember the third one... must not have been that important...

oh /1 for me is a chat macro that does /buy $$ && /use $$ and I use it a million times per run.

Welcome back to the Kingdom of Loathing N00b...
/break hippy stone (PvP fighting is optimal in BM to shrug BM unwanted buffs and beaten up( for those that actually get beaten up)
/timer 70 SRR begins
/go toot oracle
claw machine
autosell pork gems 1/3
/talk with guild guy

/1 (a lot )chew (result:)
Purchasing 1 chewing gum on a string.
Using 1 chewing gum on a string.
Purchasing 1 hermit permit.
Using 1 hermit permit.
/1 terrar
/1 seal tooth
/1 volleyball
/1 blood-f

volleyball will be the active familiar for awhile...

(do you see why /1 is so awesome?

bought pride from hey deze...

Code: Select all

Odd job(3)
- strangely I didn't gain a level, oh well. This is a new idea of getting a couple early stats cheap instead of struggling to survive in the early zones, it's not really necessary though.

Haunted Pantry(37-31)
Level 2@36, tomato, sandwich

guild.. not really any cool skills to use yet... right?

Spooky Woods(31-23)
Level 3@27, larva

bought expert panhandling

Tavern Cellar(1)
- rat almost killed me

bought stream of sauce

Tavern Cellar(22-19)
- shiny ring

bought envy from hey deze

Degrassi Knoll Garage(19-16)
- tires, 2 toolboxes(was enough miraculously)

Spooky Forest(16-11)
didn't have enough meat to buy rims...

/paste bitch

Garage(11-8)
- where's my BM adventure? F%&$ it.

Shore Trippin'(8-2)
- meat globes(2)

drank 4 imported beers

Shore Trippin'(6)
- 2 meat globes

drank 7 imported beers

bought inner sauce

meat: 13(currently). Now I really wish I'd stuck it out for the 2k BM adventure meat...
oh well.

Cellar(18-12)
turned off faucet

I sometimes forget to do this and end up in trouble for night capping so figure I'll get it out of the way

Garage(11)
- Flowers for Daryl Dixon

bought elemental saucesphere

This allows me to enter the junction probably should make an Epic Weapon though right? Maybe idk.

smithed epic weapon(2)

Spooky Forest(1)

Guano Junction(8-1)
sonar in a buscuit, level 5@5,

Ate 3 jumbo lucifers+7

South of the Border(8-0)
- Beaten Senseless +4k meat

ate 4 jumbo lucifers +11

Outskirts(11-3)
lunchbox 2 pasties, 1 coffee

I saved room for any split that could've happened, actually I saved room for 3 distilled wines incase I had a ridiculously long range to where I could get the wines in a single turn, it can happen

now I can't really decide what to do

1. Get encryption key to get the knob elite uniform and knob mushroom
2. Get a gravy fairy boat
3. Guano Junction
4. Whitey's Grove?

Considering I still have 2 more turns of being beaten up, it does make 4 impossible, even though without being beaten up, it would still be impossible at this point

Encryption key and uniform unlocks knob eyedrops for +item, which will help in the junction and nasal spray more meat in the lair.. so that is probably the best bet

I haven't decided if I'm going to bother getting a baby fairy, I might just roll with a volleyball 100%, why not?

ate lunchbox stuff +17

Outskirts(1) key

Barracks(17-15) 
bugle, whatsobrew

drank whatsobrew +3

Junction(18-16)
scream

Beanbat chamber(2)
- 2 encanted beans

Junction(2)-sonar

Barracks(12-4)-uniform

password(1)
drank imported beer

bought saucestorm( why not? It's a bit overkill but so what...)

Boss Bat Lair- killed boss bat
Knob Kitchen(3)

/1 dramatic

/bake knob cake(1)

Knob Throne Room- When you fight in the Goblin King's Throne Room you win or you die...
Now what?

bought advanced sauce-crafting / summoned reagents...

That used to be an essential part of a BM sauce balanced diet speed run

Whitey's Grove is all I can do till I hit level 6, I still need 95 more myst stat points to hit level 6 so... not today

Whitey's Grove(2)
- sign says

Burns outs(3)
- 0 pooppy drops I seriously might have to take back that no fairy this run idea... what a silly concept.

Drank Typical Tavern Swill +6

Turns played 117
Meat currently 4,752
384/441 to level 6
120 till SRR

Decent start so far, it'd be nice to have a fairy already but I like the extra stats from a volleyball too much early on. Probably get it tomorrow.
Last edited by Mister Mickey on Wed May 06, 2015 8:50 am, edited 2 times in total.

Mister Mickey
Inscrutable Pi

Re: Downstairs Frank's BM undying 8 day no holiday sauce att

Post by Mister Mickey » Thu Apr 30, 2015 2:09 am

Day 2:
0/3 claw machine

Road(46-26)- Level6! Grenades, duculars
I considered stopping once I hit level 6 but then I realized the duculars would help with the level 6 quest and I could build up some soulsauce since I could one shot burnouts with stream

Friars(26-7) 

Spooky Forest(5)-map,fertilizer
^ those things happened together, I know I'm still trying to figure out a way to record it properly, maybe a / sign ?

ate 3 jumbo lucifer+8
drank 5 imported beers

if my maths are correct that is 32 turns for the Friars... decent probably with hardly any non combat available.
My turns in the Spooky Forest were healing after using a jumbo lucifer since they reduce HP to 1.

Now the simple question is: Liver or Citadel quest? and it's always a simple answer... Citadel quest. Ham steaks will be nice

crafted 3 tomato juice(1)
I can't really think of a way to get past the stupid witch house without it at this point...

Witches get stiches(2)
You acquire an item: giant spider leg
You acquire an item: wand of pigifaction

8 turns of tomato power left, I suppose the best idea I can come up with is to start the Liver of Steel quest without the fairy for these eight turns.

Laugh Floor(12-1)- 4 imp air, hilarious comedy prop, victor the insult comic rip-off of triumph dog
ate jumbo lucifer+3

Spooky Forest(2)- unlocked hidden temple
ate ham steak+8

Probably my weapon for the rest of the run the comedy prop gives +HP/MP, which means less healing and since I'll use storm probably till the end +myst weapons or +spell damage aren't even going to really work.

Someone once said that if they could get to 20 ML by using the hellavator then they should turn it on, I ask how can they not get 20 ML with the insult dog and donuculars alone being +10 and those should always be gotten in a BM run*(black cat being the exception, stupid annoying cat)

Hmm it seems like I can have my cake and eat it too, I think I have enough adventures to get liver and the citadel quest finished today. I'd have to postpone getting my BM meat adventures and a fairy but... I think I should go for it... why not?

Better finish off the Citadel quest for bourbon and meats...

Treasure(1)- You gain 2,400 Meat.
I would've attempted to get more meat if I wasn't tight on adventures to what I want to get done today. Well really it's pointless to even bother getting more than 400 meat. My KoL soundtrack is "Take the Money and Run" during this part of the quest for a reason.

drank glass of bourbon+5

Laugh Floor(3)-obs glasses
ate jumbo lucifer+2
ate Ham Steak+9

room for 1 more steak today if I don't eat anymore lucifers...

Laugh Floor(2)- imp air

Backstage(11-2)- unicorn
Still need two bus passes

drank gin soaked blatter paper+1
No need to gamble on ranged consumables, I'm tight on adventures...

drank 4 imported beer

Backstage(11-5) Level 7@6, 2 bus pass
drank steel margarita

Now what? Haiku dungeon to get the gravy boat?

Do I really want to skip messing with the fairy at all? That would be insane really... getting a fairy is swingy but doing a run without one is huge variance...

I see no good reasons to skip it and a ton to get it...

Turned on hellavator Floor 10
Nice...

I like completing the liver quest and then turning on the hellavator because doing the liver quest with the hellavator on is about as much fun as jacking off with a cheese grater..

Haiku dungeon(2)- fairy gravy boat
ate ham steak+10

styx buff-hella smooth, burrito blessing

Knob Kitchens(12-8)-over mittens,knob mushroom, spices, dry noodles
Got all 3 good drops from the one master chef I saw...

Usually it's a no brainier for whitey's grove but the crypt for cranberries and a DGW? I didn't get any +initiative from SotB... I could do soul skates...

I think I'm going to go crypt for 6 turns till hella smooth runs out, presumably I'll get the 5k BM meat adventure if I do Whitey's Grove and then I'd want to do bat hole entryway(for BM meats) and then Cake shaped arena etc.

Alcove(8-2)- grave shovel, cranberries(3)
No modern zombies fought at all... ugh

Whiteys' Grove(2)-lion oil
drank 3 imported beers

White Lie(1) 

Onna Stick(1)
4 adventures left... I'm going to nightcap, I don't want to bother trying my luck at the cake shaped arena over 2 days.

drank tavern swill+5

Day 2 liver of steel and getting the citadel, BM meat adventures and a fairy and starting the crypt quest? Not going to lie, it was a pretty awesome day. Day 3 if I can somehow gain 1k myst stats before eating a grab a glass of goat's milk for food that would be amazing, simply amazing. I don't see how it's possible but still.
Last edited by Mister Mickey on Thu May 07, 2015 2:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mister Mickey
Inscrutable Pi

Post by Mister Mickey » Sun May 03, 2015 1:18 pm

Sorry to the 12 people that viewed this log sometime in the last couple days, I haven't had time to post the log( I still have notes all be them pretty horrible).

So where were we? Day 2? Geez... so here's Day 3, 4, 5.

Again apologizes I will "clean" this up, tomorrow I have a day off so.... but for anyone who is losing their mind with curiosity, I'll post it now.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Day 3
Turns played: 228
Meat currently:11,262
Soulsauce : 62
Adventures to start: 49
Level 7, 1047 myst stats to level 8

To start got some unwanted buffs to get rid of

Familiar trainer(5)- eye pod, 23 exp gained

Shore Trip(3)
ate fortune cookie

5 adventures till SR - I ate the cookie with only 1 adventure before my range began so 165 turns since my last SR? Next one will probably be 195 to balance it out...

Shore Trip(3)

Crypt(1)
modern zombie gets the jump and kills me instantly... might have to buff up or come back to this place later. Ugh, that is a horrible way to lose the first fight of the ascension. Losing against a modern zombie is like losing 5 fights in that zone...

back alley wines(1)

You acquire an item: dead guy's watch

haunted kitchen(33-22)-billard room unlocked
drank distilled wines+16

drank 7 imported beers

Billard Room(52-46)-library unlocked
My perma pool skill is still pretty low(4 I think) so I have to go in with optimal pool shooting drunkness.

Library/Crypt(46-25)-necklace, alcolve cleared
486 stats to level 8, I think I can get there in 25 adv+9 drunk which means milk of magnesium is a possibility.

Haunted Bathroom(25-16)You acquire an effect: Your #1 Problem
The game makes the choices for us sometimes, no way to know if this superlikely will show up before or after the only other superlikely in the bathroom.

Nook/bathroom(16-4)- almost clear/unlocked
264 stats to level 8, 4 adventures remaining, technically 22 adventures remaining since I haven't used 9 drunkness yet

used rosemary stuff +myst stats per fight

bedroom and gallery should be mostly fights right?

bedroom(?)
- chitzy sauce ring, mirror, spooky glasses I didn't get the disposable camera which means I'll need to come back here marking this with a big
->>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> BBBBBBBBBBBBB

Ballroom unlocked- level 8! 8 adventures left
Still need some luck to get a glass of goats milk...

You acquire an item: glass of goat's milk

2 adventures to spare

crafted milk

ate 3 ham steaks+36
ate fortune cookie 196 adventures since last SR( my avg over last two is 180.5 adventures per semi rare, most my runs are almost all consistently that)
drank dr. lucifer+4

You acquire an item: glass of goat's milk - I needed two of them since there's 6 more days this run(hopefully)

Whitey's Grove(?)
Burning burrito blessing the only place it's useful right now

3 lion oils 0 bird ribs, ugh

drank white lightning+9

Day 4:

Adv to start: 53
Meat: 8,083
Soulsauce: 77
Level 8 1,132 to level 9

Spooky Forest(53-50)
Shrugging temporary blindness, trying to get a spooky mushroom and torso

2/3 ain't bad said Meatloaf

Tons of places that the ballroom song will help, only one where it hurts(F'cl'e)... which means

Ballroom(50-48)- en no combate'

Cranny(48-37)- cleared to boss

It's Mine(37-26)- outfit
Drank 2 white lightnings +15

Mining Time(12)- 3 linoleum ore 
There's more than one way to skin temporary blindness from white lightnings...

Spooky Forest(1)- hamsteak
Still looking for torso

Limerick Dungeon(1)- eyedrops
Exxxxtreeeme slope(29-17)- outfit
Eyedrops are for the F'cl'e since I couldn't use flushed for it...

Exxxtreme Slope(17-12)-  Beefside Poptart to Beefside Candy Toaster Strudel 
Alright time to kill the crypt / Icy Peak bosses....

Is tomato juice going to be enough? Maybe? It will put my moxie somewhere at 70, oh and hairspray apparently I haven't been needing to use it, only the bonerdagon will be a pain, I should be able to get the jump and stun(soul bubble) all the rest of them.

The bonerdagon is my biggest concern with his ability to block spells, I only need to get one saucestorm through, but he can probably kill me in 2-3 hits... and even my quick healing skill won't work

My plan will be to kill the sub bosses in the crypt without tomato juice, because let's face it I don't need it. Then I'll kill the guy at the top of the mountain then the bonerdagon.

Crypt sub-bosses(4)- clear, 9 skeleton bones, 6 loose teeth
Needing to do the Daily Dungeon 3 times means that 6 keys might not be enough to get through 12 locked doors.

peak(4)- clear 

8-bit relm(1)- 3 blue pixel
8-bit to heal peak boss gpt a shot in as he died, which was half my HP gone

Crypt bonerdagon- You acquire an item: vertebra of the Bonerdagon
He blocked my stun 3 times and my attempt to use my sauce spell twice... he wasn't doing much damage each round but I didn't have a ton of HP so... pretty close. Maybe I should've grabbed a moxie buff, maybe not, I did win afterall but it was risky.

Meat currently: 17,799

It be nice to get to level 9 before eating so I can eat a Grue Egg Omelete

Whoever said that if you're not broke in BM you're doing something wrong was nutz... I still have 3k pirate fledge and possible 11k golden ring meat left that I can think of off the top of my head and I'm going to start getting +5 soul sauce from fights which means non stop bubbling...

Drank 4 imporated beer

Shore Trip(3 or 6?)
bought dingy planks to unlock island

Pirate Cove(7-0)-pants
Too much luck involved here but there's no were else to go, well pretty much no where else

77 myst stats to level 9... it's starting to get serious now, I only have 9 drunkness left

Bottle of rum would be nice, redrum is good myst stats...

drank 3 imported beer

Cove(6)- outfit
21 stats to level 9

Barrney's Bar(2)
drank redrum+5&Level 9@ turn 455

Bar insults:
honour
breathe
mirror
one
wife
girlfriend
yellow
(not all of these are actually acquired yet, I went back and added to the list later)
used milk of mag

ate 3 ham steaks, grue egg omelete and fortune cookie+63

SR in 148 turns... long that time again....

smut bridge(65-44)  
almost always have to fight a smut orc to complete the bridge in BM, no surprise here.

I need one more layer of stench protection, I might be able to get it at a-boo peak, but I don't bother with that until after F'cle, incase I have extra buff turns I burn them at a-boo, but I can't do F'cle till I have 7 insults and frilly skirt

Barrney's Bar(44-25) 7 insults
Waaay too freaking long to get 6 even, I mean 6 took so long that I considered quitting and not being at the end of level 9, the beginning meant I didn't know if I needed more stats to hit level 10 or not.... oh well that is the way the merry-go-round works...

Knoll Gym(1)- frilly skirt

Bar/Teeth(2)

Insult Pong(2)
- 7 still takes two tries... it's probably why I don't gamble on insult pong, stat gains from the non combats in the barrr are decent(especially if you're not a myst class) and losing at beer pong is 0 stats....

F'cl'e(4)- barrnacle, 3 fledges items
I remember back in the day when scoring a barrrnacle while getting pirate fledges in 4 turns was like a wet dream... I didn't even need to banish anything.

I've debated some on the layer cake items vs a-boo peaking with 233% item drop. My thoughts are at least this time that the cake items aren't guaranteed. If they were base 30 item drop(guaranteed to fall at my current buffage) I'd probably go for them, since I need another layer of stench protection a longer a-boo peak might help me get it

It's all luck anyway

A-boo peak(14-9) a-boo clue(3), TURDIS key, polysniff perfume
And there's my stench protection for twin peaks.

One more turn of mega item drop buffs. Looks like it's time to begin farming my cake ingredients

Haunted Storage Room(9-3) moose chocolate , sheet cake, ornate picture frame
Drank backwoods screwdriver+8

Tomorrow I should be able to hit level 10 so I can eat the deluxe layer cake.

I thought that getting a spice would mean I can make a insanely spicy enchanted burrito today but I forgot that I haven't even seen a bugbear this run and I didn't get a wad of dough in the kitchen.. so no burrito, oh well.

Day 5

Storage Room(52-38)- 3 sheet cake, 1 moose chocolate
so 2 more moose chocolates?

drank picture of wine+3

drank 6 redrums+33

The myst stats make up for the loss of 3 adventures right? Maybe idk, it's probably more stats than I'd get from a shore trip.

F'cl'e-Fledges(1)

Hotel / Oil Peaks Cleared(71-36)

Spooky Forest(1)- Torso Awaregness

8-bit Relm(3)
8-bit for healing, I wanted to try and pigify an opponent in the Spooky Forest but Torso showed up finally, hidden temple is my next guess?

Hidden Temple(13)- ham steak
That RNG was ridiculous 8 pirates 2 stone wool guys seen

Daily Dungeon(9) complete 3 skeleton keys R.I.P. 
4 days left and I need to do it three times, figure it's best to get it out of the way while I'm running out of things to do

Level 10@598

12 adventures left, 11 adventures till SR

The plan is to eat after getting a SR so I can eat a fortune cookie for the next range even though there's a 99% chance that one will be an inhaler. Sometimes I can forgo eating a fortune cookie if my SRR occurs around the time that I'll be doing the top floor of the giant castle anyway and assuming I can find something else to eat. But honestly the airship plus the castle is just way to swingy to have any real possible way to "hit" the SRR. Plus since HotS stats are needed to hit level 11.... It never hardly ever happens.

Not sure what SR to get this round, I already drank to capacity, food wise it's less and less worth it..

Airship(12-1)- 1st Materia, model airship

Knob Outskirts(1)-Lunchbox

ate deluxe layer cake+55
ate ham steak+13
ate knob pasty+6

More turns today instead of eating a fortune cookie means more turns to try and get a decent nightcap from the castle.

Airship/castle basement (74-40 )

Castle mid/top (40-3)-Top Floor Unlocked, Quest completed, 3 black candles, Hole in the Sky unlocked
1,843 stats to level 11. That is a ton of stats that I need. The sad part is that the even with all the pre-questing(spooky raven and pirates) that I did the remaining level 11 quest is more than enough stats to hit level 12 without having to powerlevel.

I wish the quest unlocked at level 10 after completing the level 10 quest.

All I have is the HitS and DD that I can do... ugh I'm looking a ton of powerleveling apparently...

Actually looking back at the log I now know I need a camera from the bedroom so that is one more thing I suppose.

so bathroom with the camera or gallery with +10% non combat? I also wonder how useful / pointless Bram's cocker is? Probably depends on if I can get it next SR or not... how useful is a 2nd inhaler for the wall of meat?

I did the NS tower finally on a multi that was super high leveled so everything was way easier than it will be for me and faced those new weird tower guys, still not sure how they work exactly and what is the best deal against them.... I'll have reagents and a +100% moxie buff (arbor day tomorrow).

drank open sauce+11
Last edited by Mister Mickey on Thu May 07, 2015 2:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.

top1214
Oh my! Guy with Pie!

Post by top1214 » Mon May 04, 2015 12:51 am

I did the wall of meat in 2 turns with winklered, nasal, sympathy, styx buff, and a base 10ish lb lep.

Mister Mickey
Inscrutable Pi

Post by Mister Mickey » Mon May 04, 2015 10:16 pm

Wilkered is the arena buff for the frat side? Can't see how I'll have that.

I did because of your comment realize I should get a chaun this run instead of skipping it, like I usually do. Wall of Meat has made it completely worth it.

~~~~~~~~~~

Day 6

56 adventures to start
14,640 meat
soul sauce 84 (Can everyone just assume that I can manage my sauce correctly? Not much point in posting it really)
681 turns played

I'm going to list everything that I can possibly do ATM:

Hole in the Sky
8-bit realm
Daily Dungeon
Bedroom for disposable camera
Bedroom/Library for scarysauce skill
Top Floor 3 extra black candles? (I already have the ingredients for a 2nd scroll of ancient evil)
Farm the boning knife
Farm more deluxe layer cake ingredients...

Since I used my burrito blessing yesterday at the end I should probably start by trying to farm the cake ingridents... along with a hella smooth buff from today since I don't see anything on that list that I'd need it for and I probably can't get close to anything that I will need it for...

Storage Room(56-46)- moose chocolate, 3 sheet cakes

RNG, you win this round. 3 cakes is all I get this run, I'll have to start eating random stuff day 8....

Castle Ground Floor(46-43)- electric boning knife
HitS is weird, I'll have to begin with item drops and switch them off once I get 8 stars and 7 lines...

HiTS(43-33)- star key
First turn astronomer, had my stars before lines. Both unusual.

Top Floor(33-21)- 3 black candles, brass gear
Farming the gear took me 10 turns, I had the candles quick, non combat took max turns to show up. The gear got me +10% item drop on my hat, so worth it maybe? idk looking back on it, it was pretty expensive and only 5% better than a mining helmet

drank 2 knob coffee+11

Bedroom(32-25)- disposable camera A to EF dictionary

Library(25-17)- Skill Scarysauce

Tavern Brawl(17-13)- 2 ham steaks, chaun hatchling
I hadn't thought about how the wall of meat makes getting a chaun worth it now... should've got it quicker but better late than never(thanks to whore_moans for pointing it out)...

Daily Dungeon(13-4)- 2 more skeleton keys gone
I have one skeleton key left and need to do the DD one more time, hopefully I can find some loose teeth when I'm getting braaaainnns? It's not a big deal if anything I'll just have to spend a turn unlocking them by force

crafted milks of mag

ate deluxe layer cake+55
ate ham steak+11
ate fortune cookie 47 turns till SR

Which means there's not really any chance of getting Bram's cocker without powerleveling and there's not much point to getting another 5% non combat this late in the game is there? Inhaler is way more important

8-bit Relm(71-48)- digital key
286 stats to level 11, not bad. Completely done with everything that I can think of that can be done at this point

Gallery(48-40)- [b]Level 11@776[/b]
Better chance at booze from lots of places in level 11 quest...

I'm not even sure where to begin honestly, Spooky Cellar probably then hidden city for a night cap then desert...

Black Forest(40-18)- beehive, blackberry glolishes, black kettle drum 
Panther took his sweet time showing up, I had the blackberry glolishes crafted before I found him and those berries were from 3 blackberry bushes....

Shore Trip- Diary

Haunted Ballroom(5)- unlocked cellar

Haunted Wine Room(8-2)
Drank 2 bottles of Zifandel+10

Laundry Room(12-2)
drank cooking sherry+?

Wine Room(2)- hail mary pass with last two turns of booze drop buffs is imcomplete

Hidden Temple(6)- don't ask, this keyboard is going in the trash
drank 3 imported beer

Hidden Park(7-2)- banished janitors, book of matches
drank fog murderer+14

Park(2)-matchete

Poop Deck(14-6) Open Virgin Swordfish

Bellowdecks(5-0) 1 snakehead charm 2 accostic guitars
Got the guitars with a volleyball familiar, it seems like the volleyball is +item on those guitar drops, this isn't the only time that has happened. On a funnier note I don't think I need a guitar anymore or a drum, funny that I still play my ascensions with the old tower in mind.

I mean I did have to deal with prepping all my 90+ BM runs with the old NS tower in mind. It will take awhile for me to forget some of those habits.

drank fog murderer+14

Pretty straight forward from here, finish 11, start 12, ascend...

Mister Mickey
Inscrutable Pi

Post by Mister Mickey » Tue May 05, 2015 6:56 pm

Day 7:

56 adventures to start
77 pvp fites(getting close to where I need to use them or lose them)
10,919 meat
855 turns played
2/3 claw machine

use corsican blessing, equip chaun

The idea is free experience from the hidden city, which is doubled with the blessing

Bellowdecks(6)- gaudy key
Desert Beach next, I have to explain it now or I'll forget I have 29 adventures until my Lights Out Laboratory Showdown with Stephen Spookyraven

I need a deleveler to win the fight probably as the guy scales and is immune to staggers and stunners

Desert Beach(10)- 6 handfuls of sand
Only saw one bronze locust which means I might not get the lucre that I been saving up since D1. Disappointing, I usually see 10 of those things

Desert Beach/Oasis(40-28)
I finally got my baby fairy to 20 lbs

Oasis(6)-stone rose 
My exploration is 70% if I get a can of black paint

so if I can also get a drum machine in less than 18 turns I'll be saving myself time, that seems reasonable, right?

Palidrome(1)- stunt nuts, ketchup hound
I forgot to use the disposable camera... gotta find 4 more humans, hopefully one is a racecar

drank 3 black and tans+20
drank supernova champagne+7

Spooky Lab- Lab Coat, Secret Formula

Hidden Apartment Building/Office Building(47-25) cleared 
drank cursed punch+2

1800 stats to level 12

Hidden Bowling Alley(27-13) cleared 3 bowl of scorpions needed

Hidden Hospital(1)- clear
Gotta love that I suppose

Hidden City Boss(1)- dead

Oasis(11-8) 2 blurs, 1 drum machine

ate deluxe layer cake+57
ate extra flat penne+9
ate fortune cookie 48 turns till SR
ate actual tipas+6

Should I buy gluttony to get+2 fullness?

I only have 1 turn of milk left... I'm going to hold off on it, I still have 1k stats to level 12 and only the pyramid and palidrome left

Palidrome(80-68)- Love Me vol. 1
I also remembered just now I need to kill Spookyraven as well... waited to do the boiler room till after I had the lab coat

Boiler Room(68-59)- 1 boiler stupid RNG

Palidrome(1)

Boiler Room(58-56)- Wine Bomb
use black paint, mayo force

Spookyraven(1)-dead

Ancient Pyramid(55-42) 
Get outfits, start war, complete filthworms

Hippy Camp(42-35)- hippy disguise outfit

Back Alley(1)-wines
drank 3 distilled wines+17

Hippy Camp(52-42) War Hippy Outfit

Fraternity House(42-37) Begun this war has

Filthworms(37-32)- gland

Laboratory(32-24)- Shall we dance?

Filthworms(24-15)- glands

Buried Pyramid(1)
burning my last turn of item drop buffs for the slim chance of a tomb ratchet

no dice

Queen's chamber(1)- dead
drank 3 pear schnapps+18

McMillancuddy Barn(31-21)- Against the Wind...

Misspellled Cematary(21-14)- Braaaaaains
I got enough stuff for 4 more skeleton keys now

use hella smooth, meat drop buffs

drank fog murderer+16

Mister Mickey
Inscrutable Pi

Re: The Downstairs Frank's BM Sauce 8/1233

Post by Mister Mickey » Wed May 06, 2015 8:50 am

Day 8

Something I like to do for fun on days when I think I can ascend the next day...
How many turns ~ will the run take?
Nuns-20
Farm-15
Battlefield-25
Junkyard-15
Battlefield-49
Man-1
Pyramid-20
Undying-7
DD-9
A-boo Peak-3
Leveling?-0 hopefully
160 turns till the NS quest
NS Quest- ?

I'm not sure how many turns the NS quest will take I might be able to make it idk... it will be close but it always is right?

72 adventures to start
35,694 meat
94 PvP fites
0/3 claw machine
1,035 turns played so far

Thieving Bandit Hills(72-56)- clear

Dooks(56-46) 
Bought Saucegeyser

I have a zillion meat, I haven't done a single fire sale this run yet...

Fire Zone(46-41)- clear

Battlefield(41-16)- clear to junkyard
You learn a new skill: Impetuous Sauciness.

Have that tomato juice potion lying around since D2 and I'll probably need to use some more sauce potions later on so, why not?

I also used a fabric softner +15 Damage Reduction which made the gremlins hit me for 3-8 damage per round, with me healing for over 10 so yeah...

Junkyard Dog Gremlins(16-5)- clear
drank 5 pear schnapps+27

Battlefield(32-16) 
drank 3 pear schnapps+20

These things got some variance but it usually evens out

2,137 stats to level 13

I'm trying to hold off as long as I can on eating so I can buy gluttony as late as possible and get hopefully 5 super salads to eat

I have 34 more turns on the battlefield I believe but only 22 more turns till my SRR begins so if I'm going to pick up another one I'll have to eat a fortune cookie...

Probably have to go with the +initiative potion? I can't count on the panty raider frat boy afterall...

Battlefield(36-26) 
11 till SRR, 1,843 till level 13

Gonna be close

Battlefield(26-21)
Time to check and see how many dimes we can get....

0/5 OMG WTF? You acquire 5 handfuls of walnuts

I'm fucked.

Sell more stuff...

buy 4 more... 2 wildflower greens

I can always just lose one turn by eating the fortune cooke without milk. I need 5 super salads there's just no way around it

ate fortune cookie( two possible SR numbers)

Battlefield(22-2)
You acquire an item: panty raider camouflage

3rd to last turn on the battlefield after the two before denied me that drop...

7 or 10 turns till SR

1,128 stats to level 13

3 gauze garters and 3 RPPs

That is not a lot of healers for the NS. I might just have to call it. I mean when you open 5 MPEs and get 0 greens...

2 Frat EMPs that dropped gave me 2 brats and 2 kobobs which means I can make 2 slightly less than cool super salad meals.

I have a lot of good foods that I picked up along the way as well.

ate 4 super salads+69

bought gluttony

ate super kabob+17

I suppose in any event it's best to get Ed and the Man lined up so I don't have to buff up for both of them...

There's nothing I need in the pyramid so it's volleyball time...

995 stats to level 13

Actually I do have a shot at a tomb ratchet in the chamber so...

Middle Chamber(1)- tomb ratchet
woohoo

Top Chamber(87-81)- 2 crumbling wheels

Ground Floor(1)-Possiblity Potion
875 stats to level 13

Top Chamber(80-64) lower chamber unlocked
580 stats to level 13

I'm actually pretty confident that I can get that many stats because of the DD after a-boo peaking with massive resistance buffs

Ed nearly dead(7)
258 stats to level 13

Fraternity House(1)- Dead Man
108 stats to level 13

Haunted Gallery(1)- Elizabeth's Dollie, Elizabeth's paintbrush
The paintbrush is actually worth something now for the NS +element damage test

The dollie already was but it also has +damage...

Daily Dungeon(55-51) Level 13@1,189

craft tomato juices(1)

A-boo Peak(3) 
Had 16 levels of resistance for spooky and cold so I had to heal one time.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

NS Quest: Strength, Speed and Spooky

crafted philter of phore(1)

Kitchen Sink of muscle buffs = #4 rank

Fastest Adventurer = #2 rank

Spookiest Adventurer = #5 rank

Hedge Maze(4)- clear

Tower(6)- 2 meat wall fights
The NS awaits

Hellavator- Lobby(1)

Beaten up against 3rd form of NS(2)
Misspelled Cemetary(20-10)

NS defeated 8/1233 turns

Got an instant karma for freeing the king, I think I deserve it. The fastest BM sauce run of all-time = me
Last edited by Mister Mickey on Sat May 09, 2015 1:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.

top1214
Oh my! Guy with Pie!

Post by top1214 » Wed May 06, 2015 11:51 pm

Mister Mickey wrote:Wilkered is the arena buff for the frat side? Can't see how I'll have that.
I can't really tell your turns spent from your log, but Harumph spent 124 turns on nuns (24) +dooks (25) +battlefield (75). Additionally, he spent a SR on an inhaler, and 7 turns getting the braaaains buff. So that's 131 turns + the oppurtunity cost of a SR and a Styx buff.

I got a max turn sonofabeach (even with 2 musk turtles giving me +5 combat for 30 turns), and spent 136 turns on sonofabeach and the battlefield. On average, I was 23 turns below where I should have been.

Maybe give the frat side another look.

(Yes, you give up a couple of turns from not having super salads and a small amount of stats from not having your fruit schnapps)

Mister Mickey
Inscrutable Pi

Post by Mister Mickey » Thu May 07, 2015 3:06 pm

top1214 wrote:
Mister Mickey wrote:Wilkered is the arena buff for the frat side? Can't see how I'll have that.
I can't really tell your turns spent from your log, but Harumph spent 124 turns on nuns (24) +dooks (25) +battlefield (75). Additionally, he spent a SR on an inhaler, and 7 turns getting the braaaains buff. So that's 131 turns + the oppurtunity cost of a SR and a Styx buff.

I got a max turn sonofabeach (even with 2 musk turtles giving me +5 combat for 30 turns), and spent 136 turns on sonofabeach and the battlefield. On average, I was 23 turns below where I should have been.

Maybe give the frat side another look.

(Yes, you give up a couple of turns from not having super salads and a small amount of stats from not having your fruit schnapps)
and I'm pretty sure that Sonabeach gives less stats than the battlefield/dooks...

My turns might be hard to see but pretty much throughout the entire log I've been dealing with stat gains to level X, hitting level 7 at the end of the liver quest, level 8 for milk, level 9 for GEO, getting to level 11, hitting level 13.

Unless there's some kinda super amount of myst stat non combat from the beach, then the turns saved from killing hippies instead of the opposite, would've just gone right back into powerleveling turns once the war was finished, for me at least.

I mean I made it to level 13 halfway through the Daily Dungeon. That was the final thing that I could do to prep the NS quest.

and I didn't end with many turns left 3 drunk unused and 10-20 turns?

I used a volleyball more than ever this run( should've used it even more, lots of don't need item drop places now that the NS quest is different)

As you suggested, I will look into switching sides in the war....

Maybe my next log will include my bam, boom and mp outfits as well as show which familiar I used.

Or maybe I'll break down and use mafia again... who knows..

harumph
My Pie Blown Sky High

Post by harumph » Fri May 08, 2015 8:22 pm

i've read upto day 2. wow liver of steel AND wand of piggy day 2. i should probably delay my turn burning for fairy gravy until i get those two like you did.

Mister Mickey
Inscrutable Pi

Post by Mister Mickey » Sat May 09, 2015 1:59 pm

harumph wrote:i've read upto day 2. wow liver of steel AND wand of piggy day 2. i should probably delay my turn burning for fairy gravy until i get those two like you did.
I don't think it will always work out as well as it did this run(for me or you). It's risky to even attempt to get liver of steel without a fairy, bus passes and imp airs are a pretty low drop rate aren't they?

I learned a few tricks from your log(like skipping Baron Von Ratsworth monocle) so it's probably only fair if you learn something from my log.

Like I said in the beginning any Q's / comments go ahead....

harumph
My Pie Blown Sky High

Post by harumph » Sun May 10, 2015 3:29 am

Crazy fast run. Congrats!

Some questions
Wand of piggy you use three times a day? Doenst it blow up like the wand? 25% chance of blowing up on third attempt?

How do you survive running plus hellavator so early?

I assume knob mushroom in kitchens should really be faster than the nc in haiku? The drop rate is discouraging.

I'm going to try for the 3 candles next run.

Re: the spookyraven quest. That basement screwed me 3-4times already and i lean towards the long cut. Which isn't always longer than the short cut. Awesome consumables are an upside to doing the short cut though.

My sauce run ended up 10 dayer but it was my fault with about 80 turns of errors on the last day (working while playing). But even if i did make it 9dayer it would have still been really inpossibly far from an 8 dayer.

I hated my sauceror run. I casted so much saucy salve. Frustratingly tedious combats.

Mister Mickey
Inscrutable Pi

Post by Mister Mickey » Mon May 11, 2015 6:04 pm

harumph wrote:Crazy fast run. Congrats!

Some questions
Wand of piggy you use three times a day? Doenst it blow up like the wand? 25% chance of blowing up on third attempt?
How I understood it was that the wand of piggy could be used 3 times per day with a 0% chance of blowing up because it doesn't get hot as fast as other wands. Maybe there's a chance it could break and I've just been getting lucky these past few runs.
How do you survive running plus hellavator so early?
soul bubble, saucestorm and +initiative(as long as it doesn't interfere with +item)....
I assume knob mushroom in kitchens should really be faster than the nc in haiku? The drop rate is discouraging.
Usually I justify it with thinking there's a possible chance at spices, tomato, wad of dough. A spice drop is pretty valuable(means I can make an insanely spicy burrito)

Douculars have made the haiku dungeon seem a bit more appealing for a mushroom. The biggest problem I have is the chance of not getting a knob mushroom from the non combat.
I'm going to try for the 3 candles next run.
I probably didn't bother pointing it out, but I used 6 candles this run. One for the nuns and one against the wall of meat(which was probably not necessary at all).
Re: the spookyraven quest. That basement screwed me 3-4times already and i lean towards the long cut. Which isn't always longer than the short cut. Awesome consumables are an upside to doing the short cut though.
I also look at the better stat gains from fights and consumables... I don't think I've ever done the non basement way to unlock the chamber.... +item drop seems to help and I put off the boiler room until after I have the lab coat, so I only need to fight 1-2 boilers.
My sauce run ended up 10 dayer but it was my fault with about 80 turns of errors on the last day (working while playing). But even if i did make it 9dayer it would have still been really inpossibly far from an 8 dayer.

I hated my sauceror run. I casted so much saucy salve. Frustratingly tedious combats.
I didn't really have much turns to spare when I finished, 3 drunk unused and 10 adventures left so ~20 adventures maybe?... so yeah 8 days isn't easy. It's even less easy for a different class. I gained 85 adventures from 6 days of using milk(5 days of 14, 1 day of 15), there's no other class that comes close to gaining that many adventures in BM. AT with 3 days of Ode does but level 12 with 3 days of playing left? Maybe with that silly twitch stuff going on.

Combats are pretty tedious... my combat macro is not always safe because of saucerors low HP... but I do use it 80% of the time anyway otherwise it would take 6 hours a day to play turns and I don't have that kind of time. This run I don't think I lost any fights because of my macro, only ones I can remember is the crypt because my HP was too low.

bubblestorm =
skill soul bubble
skill Saucestorm
repeat !hppercentbelow 50

harumph
My Pie Blown Sky High

Post by harumph » Sat May 16, 2015 4:55 am

how about getting gluttony earlier? doesnt that help with extra turn gen?
actually i have the meat to spare day 1. extra 2 fullness sounds nice. 6 adventures x 8 days = 48 adventures... -2 stats though.

also regarding the spider in the road to whitey's.. i do the long cut as well. could never seem to beat the spider consistently with the poisoning, etc and get my wand early.

I'm trying out another run now. I got wand of piggy day 1. I think it's a nice day 1 target nowadays i guess. extra ham steaks should be nice :)

Mister Mickey
Inscrutable Pi

Post by Mister Mickey » Sun May 17, 2015 3:06 am

harumph wrote:how about getting gluttony earlier? doesnt that help with extra turn gen?
actually i have the meat to spare day 1. extra 2 fullness sounds nice. 6 adventures x 8 days = 48 adventures... -2 stats though.

also regarding the spider in the road to whitey's.. i do the long cut as well. could never seem to beat the spider consistently with the poisoning, etc and get my wand early.

I'm trying out another run now. I got wand of piggy day 1. I think it's a nice day 1 target nowadays i guess. extra ham steaks should be nice :)
I'm not really sure since I quit eating ham steaks but I think my wand blew up on the 3rd zap of the day in my current run so yeah, I guess I was getting lucky for awhile to not have that happen.

Gluttony? -2 stats per fight for what 900 combats? That's like 1800 stats over a run. I barely can gain levels without powerleveling and gluttony would stop me in my tracks.

harumph
My Pie Blown Sky High

Post by harumph » Sun May 17, 2015 8:15 pm

oops.

The wand abruptly explodes!

so much for day 2 wand of piggy. and i didnt even get my third pig during the explosion. :(

yup this one confirms it as well

harumph
My Pie Blown Sky High

Post by harumph » Fri May 22, 2015 11:44 pm

incorporating some tactics here I got to base of tower with 6 turns left end of day 8 as a seal clubber. thanks!