Low-Skill Log Index

For review of out of clan ascension logs and those in-clan logs that don't share our super secret strategies.

Moderator: Raccoon

bleary
Pie in the Sky

Low-Skill Log Index

Post by bleary » Sun Apr 25, 2010 8:13 pm

I've created a spreadsheet which indexes low-skill (1-30 skill) logs. Ideally, this could be a resource novice players could use to learn something from those who have gone before. I've filled in a number of HCNP runs, and I'd love it if more could be added, or if some generous soul felt like contributing a SCNP page.

http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key= ... DNFE&hl=en

stupac2
Oh my! Guy with Pie!

Re: Low-Skill Log Index

Post by stupac2 » Sun Apr 25, 2010 9:08 pm

I added the blue/underline to the links, I think it makes it more obvious they're clickable.

Also, what's that formula? Seems to be something judging the runs based on skills/daycount/turncount, is it entirely arbitrary?

bleary
Pie in the Sky

Post by bleary » Sun Apr 25, 2010 10:20 pm

stupac2 wrote:Also, what's that formula? Seems to be something judging the runs based on skills/daycount/turncount, is it entirely arbitrary?
I was just playing around with "interestingness". Sorting by days didn't seem right, and neither did sorting by skills. So I went with a completely arbitrary and needlessly complex handicapping formula. I figured something like that could help identify which logs might be most helpful to read, but I'm also thinking it might just pick out the runs with exceptional RNG. It's probably counter-productive.

maddsurgeon
Fie the Pie

Post by maddsurgeon » Mon Apr 26, 2010 2:04 pm

I never posted the log, but my last HCNP was back in November, when I only had 16 HC skills. It was a 6/1069 AT Wallaby. The log's still on my computer; if it's the sort of thing you're interested in, I could add some comments and post it somewhere when I get the chance.

Omri
AFH

Post by Omri » Mon Apr 26, 2010 8:10 pm

bleary wrote:
stupac2 wrote:Also, what's that formula? Seems to be something judging the runs based on skills/daycount/turncount, is it entirely arbitrary?
I was just playing around with "interestingness". Sorting by days didn't seem right, and neither did sorting by skills. So I went with a completely arbitrary and needlessly complex handicapping formula. I figured something like that could help identify which logs might be most helpful to read, but I'm also thinking it might just pick out the runs with exceptional RNG. It's probably counter-productive.
Doesn't appear to involve turncount at all.

lotsofphil
Leader of rum ham

Post by lotsofphil » Tue May 11, 2010 2:09 pm

I just saw this thread and was going to say "I'm logging my current run" but it is in there already! I'm impressed. It is a good list and I am glad to see you're maintaining it.

edit: Oh, and you should add this run of cosmo's viewtopic.php?f=39&t=3353

double edit: My "other" is BANDER, BOULDER, SLIMELING, WORM, BBB, LLAMA for the 5/1063.

bleary
Pie in the Sky

Post by bleary » Mon Dec 13, 2010 2:28 pm

I just finished a bit of a re-vamp and update to this log index, so please check it out again, if you haven't lately, and offer any comments/suggestions/complaints you care to.

I've tried to make it more readable and useful, and to eliminate some extraneous clutter and noise.

I've passed out of my own arbitrary low-skill criteria (< 20 skills) for HCNP, so I'm happy to have suggestions and help maintaining the list from other players.

I'm considering starting a sheet for low-skill HCO, since that's what I'm finding myself doing lately. What's the cut-off there? 35 skills?

http://bit.ly/low_skill_log_index