My checkers, let me show you them

For stuff related to KoLmafia, KoLproxy, Ascension Log Visualizer, and greasemonkey scripts. Maybe other stuff too.
Turias
AFH

Post by Turias » Sat Aug 22, 2009 7:57 am

Yeah, you probably need to build your own libiconv from source. Or you could try MacPorts. Or you could just upgrade to Leopard. Snow Leopard is almost out and is only a $30 upgrade! And I think you need Leopard to upgrade to Snow Leopard. :)

lostcalpolydude
Forum Maestro

Post by lostcalpolydude » Sat Aug 22, 2009 1:12 pm

Turias wrote:Yeah, you probably need to build your own libiconv from source. Or you could try MacPorts. Or you could just upgrade to Leopard. Snow Leopard is almost out and is only a $30 upgrade! And I think you need Leopard to upgrade to Snow Leopard. :)
It was the version I built from source that told me it was for the wrong architecture. And since I currently have no income, buying things like an OS upgrade I don't need really isn't an option. Besides, if I get Snow Leopard at all, it will be with a new computer with hardware to actually support the new stuff in the OS (like the 64 bit architecture).
bmaher: Softcore character
lostcalpolydude: Hardcore character (abandoned)

Turias
AFH

Post by Turias » Sun Aug 23, 2009 10:55 pm

lostcalpolydude wrote:It was the version I built from source that told me it was for the wrong architecture. And since I currently have no income, buying things like an OS upgrade I don't need really isn't an option. Besides, if I get Snow Leopard at all, it will be with a new computer with hardware to actually support the new stuff in the OS (like the 64 bit architecture).
Eh, I was just mentioning your options. MacPorts is generally the easiest way to install software from source and ensure that it all works on your system. They just usually lag behind by a few versions for the software they provide. I have no idea if they will actually have a git port that works for you.

lostcalpolydude
Forum Maestro

Post by lostcalpolydude » Sat Oct 24, 2009 12:02 am

So I got git set up on my computer, and I kind of have a vague clue what I'm doing. So I cloned the repository. Then I made changes, and did a local commit. Now as far as I can tell, all I can do from here is make a diff, like I would have done before I set up git. So, was there any point to setting it up?

Turias
AFH

Post by Turias » Sun Oct 25, 2009 9:15 am

Here's the GitHub collaboration workflow:

http://help.github.com/forking/

csemaj
AFH

Post by csemaj » Wed Nov 04, 2009 6:38 am

So, since I suck and don't play hardly at all anymore, I'd be happy to have someone take these over. If somebody wants to, just email me and I'll modify my pages to redirect to your site.

lostcalpolydude
Forum Maestro

Post by lostcalpolydude » Tue Nov 10, 2009 10:42 pm

The checkers can now be found at http://overlordindustries.net/cgi-bin/ . Maybe someone can add the link to the first post (or just make me a mod so I can do it, or something :P). If there's something wrong anywhere, just let me know.

williabr
Spy vs. Pie

Post by williabr » Sat Nov 14, 2009 4:17 pm

The only problem that I've run into is that the skill checker perma-link url is so long that it cuts off when added to my profile as the website.

Other than that, its nice to see that this is being updated

Flolle
Fie the Pie

Post by Flolle » Sat Nov 14, 2009 5:32 pm

That's what www.tinyurl.com is there for. :)

deusnoctum
Statistically likely to return

Post by deusnoctum » Sun Nov 15, 2009 11:52 am

williabr wrote:The only problem that I've run into is that the skill checker perma-link url is so long that it cuts off when added to my profile as the website.

Other than that, its nice to see that this is being updated
Unfortunately, there's not really any good way to appreciably shorten that link, unless someone with a short domain name wants to set up a redirect (e.g., abcd.com/s/foo -> overlordindustries.net/cgi-bin/skillChecker.cgi?hash=foo).

Also, if anyone has (minor) feature requests or has an update/fix, let me or lost know and we'll see what we can do.

lostcalpolydude
Forum Maestro

Post by lostcalpolydude » Sun Nov 15, 2009 1:38 pm

The skillChecker now has a link to directly create a tinyurl for the permalink.

williabr
Spy vs. Pie

Post by williabr » Sun Nov 15, 2009 3:47 pm

I have never used tinyurl for anything, so that didn't even cross my mind. Thanks for the update though, this site is just so damn useful for skill planning.

p4n1q
My Pie Blown Sky High

Re: My checkers, let me show you them

Post by p4n1q » Mon Feb 22, 2010 5:54 pm

The links from the AFH domain don't work for me.

lostcalpolydude
Forum Maestro

Post by lostcalpolydude » Mon Feb 22, 2010 5:59 pm

p4n1q wrote:The links from the AFH domain don't work for me.
Apparently I forgot the .com part of the URL.

aukermdr
Spy vs. Pie

Post by aukermdr » Thu May 13, 2010 7:16 am

I hope this is the right place to post these questions...

It looks like the skill checker's been updated recently (in the past week) - but now it doesn't recognize special characters like those in Jabanero and KasesoBesturm. For instance, I do have Jalapeno permed, but it's not green anymore! Is there some way to get that fixed?

Also, the skill checker has this cool new break-down of skills, so you can see what you have according to type of skill. Is there a way to see what you *don't* have in a certain category? I'm specifically thinking of the +item skills; my skill list shows that I have 3/4 of those. What am I missing? (Is it the disco combo I haven't permed yet?) That kind of information would be helpful, because I don't think everybody has all the skills memorized. :)

Thanks...
--aukermdr

Liizu
Secretly Jick

Post by Liizu » Thu May 13, 2010 7:35 am

aukermdr wrote: I have 3/4 of those. What am I missing?
Natural Born Scrabbler?

aukermdr
Spy vs. Pie

Post by aukermdr » Thu May 13, 2010 12:28 pm

Liizu wrote:Natural Born Scrabbler?
That would be it, thanks.

lostcalpolydude
Forum Maestro

Post by lostcalpolydude » Thu May 13, 2010 1:24 pm

aukermdr wrote:It looks like the skill checker's been updated recently (in the past week) - but now it doesn't recognize special characters like those in Jabanero and KasesoBesturm. For instance, I do have Jalapeno permed, but it's not green anymore! Is there some way to get that fixed?
Stupid special characters. I think that's fixed (not live yet, but will be soon).
Also, the skill checker has this cool new break-down of skills, so you can see what you have according to type of skill. Is there a way to see what you *don't* have in a certain category? I'm specifically thinking of the +item skills; my skill list shows that I have 3/4 of those. What am I missing? (Is it the disco combo I haven't permed yet?) That kind of information would be helpful, because I don't think everybody has all the skills memorized. :)
Bleary contributed that code. I think the best way to display it might be to display the full list of skills when hovering over the "+item" text, but I don't really know the code well enough to add it myself.

Also, I added the feature here so that you can click on "Softcore skill report" to collapse that section. Due to a typo, the hardcore title also collapses the softcore section at the moment.

Terion
Just Plain Old Pie

Post by Terion » Fri Aug 13, 2010 7:51 pm

Love these checkers. Recently noticed that the Melon Baller, Shot Caller trophy wasn't being recognized by the Trophy Checker; apparently, sometime in the last two years, TPTB fixed the name from the previous misspelling "Mellon". The wiki just got corrected, and now the Trophy Checker needs to be changed to the corrected name.

And while you're fixing that, you might as well add in the two new trophies #93 and #94.

lostcalpolydude
Forum Maestro

Post by lostcalpolydude » Sat Aug 14, 2010 1:37 am

One of these days I'll get around to updating all of the checkers. Thanks to bumcheekcity's excellent mafia snapshot script (which is more complete than all of these checkers combined) and hosting, my motivation has gone down for keeping this updated.

lostcalpolydude
Forum Maestro

Post by lostcalpolydude » Sat Oct 09, 2010 9:49 pm

I just fixed a typo in the tattoo checker that made it not work. I'm not planning to update these checkers any more. The latest version of files can be found at http://github.com/lostcalpolydude/kol if anyone else wants to take over on these. Otherwise I'm just going to point people to bumcheekcity's script, even if it means downloading mafia just to run it.

greycat
AFH

Post by greycat » Sat May 21, 2011 4:39 pm

cgi-bin/hobo/skillChecker.cgi has the wrong name for Summon Tasteful Items, and is missing Natural Born Skeleton Killer.