Kolproxy: a new game interface

For stuff related to KoLmafia, KoLproxy, Ascension Log Visualizer, and greasemonkey scripts. Maybe other stuff too.
Eleron
Has a thing!

Kolproxy: a new game interface

Post by Eleron » Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:38 am

I've been working on a new KoL interface for a while: kolproxy (available for Linux / Mac / Windows). It provides additional functionality on top of the normal game interface, somewhat similar to how the KoLmafia relay browser works.

It's being made with some important features in mind:
* Be intuitive to use, and don't do anything stupid or unpleasantly surprise the player
* Have a KoL-like interface entirely in the browser
* Be useful for ascenders in-run, and OK for lazy aftercoring
* Keep working when game changes are made, and work well for newly released content

It has a couple of unique features, most notably adventure warnings, in addition to lots of small or "standard" ones, like familiar-specific counters and automating adventures. Check out the kolproxy wiki for more information, including screenshots.

There's also an issue tracker where you can see recent changes and planned features.
Last edited by Eleron on Sat May 15, 2010 12:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mr_Crac
Spy vs. Pie

Re: kolproxy: A new game interface (v1.2)

Post by Mr_Crac » Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:43 pm

Heh, I didn't know anybody actually coded in Lua.

Also, nice way to collect our passwords ;)

Eleron
Has a thing!

Post by Eleron » Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:11 pm

Mr_Crac wrote:Heh, I didn't know anybody actually coded in Lua.

Also, nice way to collect our passwords ;)

Wikipedia: Lua (programming language)#Applications

And, it refuses to touch unencrypted passwords.

So now you know ;)

Ringwraith
Inscrutable Pi

Post by Ringwraith » Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:55 pm

I tried it earlier briefly on my multi to farm the castle for a few turns :) Looks good, very simple to use, but I didn't notice the "faster than mafia" point you mentioned. That was prolly because of the lag - the pages would take a while to load, but that's it. Of course, I haven't done much with it, just set AutoAttack to "Pick Pocket, Attack" and spend a few turns in the Castle >.>

Also, I forgot to extract it first before starting the program, and it totally froze my FF, then PC completely <.<

I like your Thing, though. I might try in my next run, maybe :) When you've added counters and such <.<

slaphappy snark
Widdle Fudge Bunny

Post by slaphappy snark » Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:21 pm

Ringwraith wrote:Looks good, very simple to use, but I didn't notice the "faster than mafia" point you mentioned.

When I've used it right after mafia, I've noticed the pages load a lot more quickly than in mafia. I don't have a ton of usage time to support this, but I plan to add some to that soon now that Eleron is adding a few more features. :)

Eleron
Has a thing!

Post by Eleron » Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:43 pm

Ringwraith wrote:Looks good, very simple to use, but I didn't notice the "faster than mafia" point you mentioned. That was prolly because of the lag - the pages would take a while to load, but that's it.

Also, I forgot to extract it first before starting the program, and it totally froze my FF, then PC completely <.<

I like your Thing, though. I might try in my next run, maybe :) When you've added counters and such <.<

The main purpose is of course to make combat faster by making it easier/better to play, which custom combat skills can really help with. Any ideas for rebuffing would be great, because that also takes heaps of time.

But yeah, for pure pageloading speeds I did some combat in mafia as well to compare yesterday, and at that point mafia was also quick at loading combat pages. I'm not 100% sure using the relay browser in mafia is actually slow. Maybe it's only problematic occasionally, I might try comparing again at a point where the servers are laggier and I'd actually notice / get annoyed :)

Freezing FF and the PC sounds a bit buggy. It's obviously not going to work without the scripts, but your PC is weird if it just dies =P I'll add a check for just having a scripts directory when it first starts up and then giving a more graceful error message, since freezing the computer is just mean (and weird!).
EDIT: I tried doing this on a win7 virtual machine and can't reproduce it there. It pops up a Firefox that never gets the kol page, and spits out error messages about not finding the files in the command line window, just like expected, and FF and the PC are unaffected. Nothing is using weird amounts of CPU or memory there, do you have any idea what happened?

You can add custom counters though, are there more types that it's important to have built-in as Lua scripts? (You could help write them :D)

stupac2
Oh my! Guy with Pie!

Post by stupac2 » Tue Feb 02, 2010 12:53 am

Semirares, semirare windows (if you haven't had a cookie), boulder rays, absinthe timing, dance cards and shore trips are ones mafia has implemented. I would want them all to be automatic, because while counters themselves are super-cool, I don't want to ever set one that could be set automatically.

TeKRunneR
Spy vs. Pie

Post by TeKRunneR » Tue Feb 02, 2010 2:22 pm

So, I gave this a try, and after getting over the initial confusion at how exactly I was supposed to set custom skills, I have the following comments:
- having to execute all the steps manually kinda defeat the point of custom skills: I can just as well push 6, 7 and 8 to do a disco combo as 6, 6, 6. Wouldn't it make more sense to execute the whole chain automatically?
- Mr. script doesn't appear to work with it D:
- Navigation and combat were significantly slower than under mafia. In case that matters, I'm using a macbook 2nd generation (3 years old), with 2gb of ram.

But yeah, while I don't really see myself using this at least until it's more complete, for now I guess it's a good alternative to mafia to automate turns.

slaphappy snark
Widdle Fudge Bunny

Post by slaphappy snark » Tue Feb 02, 2010 2:29 pm

TeKRunneR wrote:- Mr. script doesn't appear to work with it D:
You can add the address to the list of locations where gm scripts work. This is pretty easy but could be annoying if you have a ton to add.
- Navigation and combat were significantly slower than under mafia. In case that matters, I'm using a macbook 2nd generation (3 years old), with 2gb of ram.
I should try it again. I was happily surprised by how quick it was the previous times that I messed with it. I wonder whether something changed with the features that were added more recently.

lostcalpolydude
Forum Maestro

Post by lostcalpolydude » Tue Feb 02, 2010 2:36 pm

For greasemonkey scripts, you can change their included URL to remove the port number part, and load up 127.0.0.1 instead of localhost in your browser for this program.
bmaher: Softcore character
lostcalpolydude: Hardcore character (abandoned)

Ringwraith
Inscrutable Pi

Post by Ringwraith » Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:10 pm

Eleron wrote:It pops up a Firefox that never gets the kol page, and spits out error messages about not finding the files in the command line window, just like expected

Yep, that's exactly what it did. Tried loading localhost on port 18487 in IE(my dad's default browser urgh), printed the same message in the command line window, and then I remember closing IE and trying to load it in FF. That's when FF froze, and then the CLW, and the whole system >.> That was in Win XP SP2, if it makes any difference D:
Bu like I said, it was my fault for forgetting to extract he files before loading the program. Second time I tried it worked like a charm :D

Eleron wrote:You can add custom counters though, are there more types that it's important to have built-in as Lua scripts? (You could help write them :D)

The counters that Stu posted are all I can think about. Plus maybe a counter for talon slashes as soon as you get in BirdForm? I know I rely on that one a lot in Mafia <.<
I'd love to help in any way, but I have never tried Lua D: Could look into it though, I'm free for another month :)

TeKRunneR
Spy vs. Pie

Post by TeKRunneR » Tue Feb 02, 2010 5:13 pm

slaphappy snark wrote:You can add the address to the list of locations where gm scripts work. This is pretty easy but could be annoying if you have a ton to add.

Yes, that's what I did. For Mr. script anyway, didn't test any other. Given the large number of modifications it does to the interface, I wasn't really surprised to see that script not work. But it's always possible I screwed up somewhere, so someone else should double-check.

slaphappy snark
Widdle Fudge Bunny

Post by slaphappy snark » Tue Feb 02, 2010 5:58 pm

TeKRunneR wrote:Yes, that's what I did. For Mr. script anyway, didn't test any other. Given the large number of modifications it does to the interface, I wasn't really surprised to see that script not work. But it's always possible I screwed up somewhere, so someone else should double-check.

Oh dear, Mr. Script was one of my priorities, as well, but I haven't tried yet with any of the 1.x versions of kolproxy. I'll check it out later when I'm back on a computer with ff. I hope that the much-desired (by me) counters didn't kill it.

Eleron
Has a thing!

Post by Eleron » Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:14 pm

TeKRunneR wrote:- having to execute all the steps manually kinda defeat the point of custom skills: I can just as well push 6, 7 and 8 to do a disco combo as 6, 6, 6. Wouldn't it make more sense to execute the whole chain automatically?

This is really surprising. Could you try again at some point, with some useful custom skills set up? Play a decent number of non-aftercore in-run turns in the relay browser in mafia, and then right afterwards in kolproxy (or the other way around), so server conditions etc. are the same?

If it's still significantly slow, I really want to get to the bottom of that (it expects the file system to be fast, maybe it isn't?). I hope you'll find skills useful once you've gotten a bit used to them (they're not just a ccs), but I've noted down completing a chain as a feature I should implement :)

[Edit: Custom combat skills can now be set to run until completion]

Eleron
Has a thing!

Post by Eleron » Mon Feb 08, 2010 2:23 pm

OK, I've noticed that my ping time is ridiculously slow compared to people in the US when there's no lag. [For me everything is delayed by around half the time it takes the server to load inventory.]

I've added a timing-log.txt and files-downloaded.txt for seeing what happens and how long it's taking for people, so I can fix it if anything is really bad :)

unwieldy locutions
Inscrutable Pi

Re: kolproxy: A new game interface (v1.3)

Post by unwieldy locutions » Mon Feb 08, 2010 5:17 pm

Horray, funkslinging support! That is one of the features I wanted most.
"For my part, I abominate all honourable respectable toils, trials, and tribulations of every kind whatsoever."
-Ishmael, Moby Dick, Herman Melville

lostcalpolydude
Forum Maestro

Post by lostcalpolydude » Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:55 am

TeKRunneR wrote:- Mr. script doesn't appear to work with it D:

The reason we didn't notice this issue at first is that we were all using a modified 1.4.1, and you had upgraded to 1.4.7 or whatever. Hellion made a change that caused stuff to fail if the URL is localhost instead of 127.0.0.1. The easy fix is to use 127.0.0.1 in place of localhost in the instructions.

That actually failed for one person while tracking down this issue. In that case, find

Code: Select all

var server = location.host, serverNo = server.match(/(.)\./)[1];

and replace it with

var server = location.host, serverNo = "5";

You can actually replace the 5 with any alphanumeric string you want. If you're feeling more adventurous you can remove the serverNo variable completely from the script.

slaphappy snark
Widdle Fudge Bunny

Post by slaphappy snark » Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:31 pm

lostcalpolydude wrote:Mr. Script fix stuff.

Thanks lost! This worked great for me, and I am back to being a happy kolproxy user. :)

Hellion
Pie of the Sky

Post by Hellion » Wed Feb 10, 2010 1:04 pm

The next release of Mr. Script will include an official fix.

Eleron
Has a thing!

Post by Eleron » Wed Feb 10, 2010 1:18 pm

Hellion wrote:The next release of Mr. Script will include an official fix.
*hug*, thanks Hellion! :)

Eleron
Has a thing!

Re: kolproxy: A new game interface (v1.4)

Post by Eleron » Fri Feb 12, 2010 5:21 pm

New release: kolproxy v1.4 (linux, macosx, windows)!

Changes:
* Added nun meat counter
* Added navel ring runaway counter
* Fixed display of llama violence for normal-mode charpane
* Initial dumb he-boulder ray tracker [Note: it doesn't know about quads!]
* A new modifier for only using a skill once, e.g. this will only attempt to olfact goths once: m{a Goth Giant} once{olfact goth} Transcendent Olfaction.
* This can potentially be used to create explicit sequences that don't depend on round number, e.g. once{seq1} spices, once{seq2} spices, once{seq3} Shieldbutt, once{seq4} spices. This works, but is pretty unwieldy to write out.
* Changed turn automation to stop if there's no action for the Autoattack skill, instead of just attacking with weapon as a default. This means that it won't automate combats unless an Autoattack skill is set, but can be useful to make it stop if it e.g. doesn't have enough MP for any of the specified skills.
* An initial ascension checklist for stocking items in Hagnks
* Added some more logging and a couple of non-adventure.php zones to the log.
* An initial, experimental, log parser, available by opening http://localhost:18481/custom-logs in a new tab. It works, but can't read older logs, and the format will change again later.

There are also a couple of new chat commands:
* /{enable|disable}aftercorevisits will turn on/off doing some of the daily deeds in aftercore: using summoning skills, using some items, visiting some of the rumpus room.
* /(un)setlogoutoutfit Rollover will switch to the Rollover outfit when you log out in aftercore, and back to your last one when you log back in.

Eleron
Has a thing!

Re: kolproxy: A new game interface (v1.5)

Post by Eleron » Mon Feb 15, 2010 10:48 am

New release: kolproxy v1.5 (linux, macosx, windows)!

Changes:
* Changed the internal detailed log format, as planned (the only future change now would probably be compressing it).
* Added /log chat command that will add a note to the log (can also be called as /addnote, does the same thing).
* Added an easier interface for adding simple skills. (It's just an easier way to create them, and is translated to the normal format.)

Elayne
My Pie Blown Sky High

Post by Elayne » Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:54 am

Feature request(s): I know this might take a lot of work, but maybe automation for choice adventures, as well as make it work with this: http://forums.kingdomofloathing.com/vb/ ... p?t=180080 ? Thankies. ;)
I used to have a softcore multi. But now, it's just HC4L. Elayne.

lostcalpolydude
Forum Maestro

Post by lostcalpolydude » Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:02 am

Elayne wrote:Feature request(s): I know this might take a lot of work, but maybe automation for choice adventures, as well as make it work with this: http://forums.kingdomofloathing.com/vb/ ... p?t=180080 ? Thankies. ;)

And along those lines, http://kol.upup.us/scripts/#AutoChoice is the script I mentioned before that I missed.

Eleron
Has a thing!

Post by Eleron » Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:45 am

Elayne wrote:Feature request(s): I know this might take a lot of work, but maybe automation for choice adventures

There is support for automating choice adventures, just not changing the settings. Making a decent interface for setting it up is the hard(est) part at this point.

Ringwraith
Inscrutable Pi

Post by Ringwraith » Wed Feb 17, 2010 7:43 am

Another feature request :3
D'you think you could add some info, such as the current % of item/meat drop, nc/c modifiers, init, etc. Kinda like what mafia does? >.>
It's not a big deal: I'm sure there are players who don't use mafia, and have to calculate these kinds of info on their own. It'd just be easier if people had that info on hand, without needing the wiki to check the formula to calculate the +item% they have from an X lb fairy, et all :)

Eleron
Has a thing!

Post by Eleron » Fri Feb 19, 2010 2:50 pm

Ringwraith wrote:Another feature request :3
D'you think you could add some info, such as the current % of item/meat drop, nc/c modifiers, init, etc. Kinda like what mafia does? >.>
It's not a big deal: I'm sure there are players who don't use mafia, and have to calculate these kinds of info on their own. It'd just be easier if people had that info on hand, without needing the wiki to check the formula to calculate the +item% they have from an X lb fairy, et all :)

Adding a fairy formula calculator would be nice and easy. The game doesn't tell you what familiars are fairies etc. though, so having it auto-appear for the fairies is yucky (needs to be updated all the time).

Eleron
Has a thing!

Post by Eleron » Fri Feb 19, 2010 3:54 pm

A thing I just noticed is that strange things happen if you have a huge inventory, or if you're not using the combat bar, or especially if both apply. I would not recommend using current versions with the combat bar disabled.

Also, the chat script expects the "show tag in current channel" account option to be enabled.

Eleron
Has a thing!

Re: kolproxy: A new game interface (v1.6)

Post by Eleron » Fri Feb 19, 2010 9:23 pm

New release: kolproxy v1.6 (linux, macosx, windows)!

Changes:
* Some extra choice adventure spoilers added, etc.
* Nemesis cave spoilers are now available for all classes [not all of them are tested, report it if any are missing]
* Volcano maze solver added
* Added links for selecting star chart items

Fixes:
* Add give-to-slimeling confirmations for select items also when inventory images are disabled
* Highlight name in chat and relay clan chat even if the channel tag is not shown

Added notes (not new / changes, just updated the intro post):
* Goal: Keep working when small game changes are made, and not prevent you from doing newly released content
* Feature: Functions for pulling only useful items in aftercore and closeting useless ones (smaller inventory speeds up page loads)
* Caveat: It currently assumes that the combat bar is enabled. If it's not enabled, it will be confused and very slow.

Eleron
Has a thing!

Post by Eleron » Sat Feb 20, 2010 5:51 pm

Added a long long feature list to the end of the first post. I think I might split off some parts to somewhere else.

Eleron
Has a thing!

Post by Eleron » Sun Feb 21, 2010 1:02 am

I made a thread on GD about kolproxy (http://forums.kingdomofloathing.com/vb/ ... p?t=180265), and I'm currently working on the following for v1.7:
* It currently assumes that the combat bar is enabled. If it's not enabled, it will be confused and very slow. [fixed]
* You have to log out and back in after ascending, or it won't recognize that it's a new ascension [no longer necessary, but don't log out/in while in the afterlife]
* Chat doesn't work while automating turns [fixed]
* The logs are quite extensive, and not compressed. I would really like to compress them, but I haven't found a good way to do it.
* Louvre tracking [initial version is ready]
* Adding a page for changing settings from the account menu

Post or contact me if there's something else you'd really like to see! :)

Eleron
Has a thing!

Re: kolproxy: A new game interface (v1.7)

Post by Eleron » Sun Feb 28, 2010 4:02 pm

New release: kolproxy v1.7 (linux, macosx, windows)!

Changes:
* An initial Louvre path tracker has been added.
* Mac version is distributed as an .app bundle, so it can be opened in Finder.

Fixes:
* Chat now works while other pages are loading.
* The combat bar no longer has to be enabled.
* Relogging after ascending is no longer necessary.

Added caveats:
* An "unknown error" may occur when using Chrome on Windows. I'm not sure what causes this yet, but it makes Chrome somewhat unusable when it happens, since it appears to reload the interface every page load.
* The spoiler text for the wheel in the clouds in the sky is wrong in v1.7
[* Also, 1.7 doesn't highlight the name of gremlins that may have the tool.]

stupac2
Oh my! Guy with Pie!

Post by stupac2 » Sun Feb 28, 2010 7:27 pm

Have you added those little "increase buff" arrows yet? I think that's the main feature I'm waiting for before trying it.

Manendra
My Pie Blown Sky High

Post by Manendra » Mon Mar 01, 2010 9:13 am

stupac2 wrote:Have you added those little "increase buff" arrows yet? I think that's the main feature I'm waiting for before trying it.

:thumbs:

Eleron
Has a thing!

Post by Eleron » Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:01 pm

How about http://kol.coldfront.net/thekolwiki/ind ... ll_Casting ?

The Charpane Recast one recasts buffs by clicking on the effect name, that might work?

stupac2
Oh my! Guy with Pie!

Post by stupac2 » Tue Mar 02, 2010 7:28 pm

I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that you interface can do things smarterly. For instance, mafia won't just cast with what you're wearing, but will change into your best -MP gear for you. I'm guessing the script doesn't do that.

lostcalpolydude
Forum Maestro

Post by lostcalpolydude » Tue Mar 02, 2010 7:48 pm

stupac2 wrote:I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that you interface can do things smarterly. For instance, mafia won't just cast with what you're wearing, but will change into your best -MP gear for you. I'm guessing the script doesn't do that.

I turn off gear switching in mafia because I don't want to wait for all that to happen. Adding that without a way to turn it off would keep me from using kolproxy. Also, kolproxy doesn't track what you're wearing (right?) or every item in your inventory, so it's something you would have to configure the gear to put in each slot or just an outfit; I guess once you add the place to configure this, you can make it easy enough to turn off.

I'm wondering if the large number of features people will eventually request will either not be implemented, require configuring by editing text files (which need to not be replaced when people upgrade), or will require some bulky page in the browser, which I guess will edit text files that need to not be replaced when people upgrade.

slaphappy snark
Widdle Fudge Bunny

Post by slaphappy snark » Tue Mar 02, 2010 7:57 pm

Eleron's thing wrote:* /(un)setbuffingoutfit chat commands for setting a special outfit to wear when casting spells
I don't know how this interacts with the script Eleron suggested, but he does have a way to set a -MP outfit that it switches to when you're casting. It doesn't automatically choose for you, but -MP isn't too hard to handle yourself.

stupac2
Oh my! Guy with Pie!

Post by stupac2 » Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:38 pm

Having to set your own is fine, but I don't want to have type out "/cast buff_name" several times per combat. Which is what I'd have to do. Lately I've been trying to pool MP and cast a bunch at once, but I can't always do it. Those little arrows are simply a must for me.

And lost, we all know that you don't use enough MP, for whatever reason. Eventually the 2*N_casts will be meaningful for you.

slaphappy snark
Widdle Fudge Bunny

Post by slaphappy snark » Tue Mar 02, 2010 10:26 pm

Right, I was just suggesting that Eleron's outfit setup could work nicely with the script he suggested to give you what you want in terms of recasting plus automatic outfit changes. I'll play with it after I prism break this week if no one gets to it before then.

zombiepops
My Pie Blown Sky High

Post by zombiepops » Wed Mar 03, 2010 1:00 am

I'd love to play with this, so any chance of a 32 bit linux build (or even better a freebsd build)? FreeBSD's linuxulator currently only supports 32 bit linux binaries. Else a pointer to a repo I can pull so I can build my own would work too.
I'm brainy for Zombiepops!

reverkiller
Promoter of Heck

Post by reverkiller » Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:13 pm

I'd like to second the request for arrows next to buffs. I think it would make buff management (not that I do much of it) easier. It doesn't have to be as smart as Mafia's (like, no need to buy hair spray), but casting skills would be pretty cool

Eleron
Has a thing!

Post by Eleron » Fri Mar 05, 2010 4:17 am

Have you tried using that Charpane Recast script? If you combine it with setting a buffing outfit, it can refresh buffs with 1-5 casts at once with a click on the effect name, and will wear the -MP outfit while casting it and switch back afterwards. The only thing it doesn't do is restore MP (click on MP with Mr. Script?).

Kelemvor
AFH

Post by Kelemvor » Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:13 am

The recast script switches your -MP outfit on? Hot damn. I stopped using it even though I greatly prefer the ability to multi-cast, because it wasn't equipping -MP items before.

I'll have to turn it back on and turn off the mafia up arrows.

Eleron
Has a thing!

Post by Eleron » Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:35 am

Kelemvor wrote:The recast script switches your -MP outfit on?

No, kolproxy does that if you set it up with /setbuffingoutfit MyBuffingOutfitName (which would be an outfit containing e.g. just the jew hat, and KoL will leave the other equipment slots untouched when switching back and forth)

Eleron
Has a thing!

Re: kolproxy: A new game interface (v1.8)

Post by Eleron » Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:38 pm

New release: kolproxy v1.8 (linux, macosx, windows)!

Changes:
* Current number of insults is displayed under the monster name at the barrr
* Re-equip familiar after using the black market map
* Show tomb ratchet and barrel of gunpowder counts when they drop
* Show which of the needed lair items you have at the telescope page
* Added French turtle taming skill
* Add the looking glass as part of aftercore visits
* Changed ascensions counter to be number-of-ascensions + 1, so e.g. your first ascension will be logged as Eleron-1.txt instead of Eleron-0.txt
* Show which pieces you already have for island outfit noncombats
* Added wormwood spoilers (but not yet a way to see them before you enter the actual noncombat)
* Show automation stopping page as "Fight ended without winning." when that's the reason. [This can happen when e.g. taming turtles, and doesn't always indicate a problem, it's how CDM did some things. I might later add a list of situations where it's known to be OK, and keep automation going for those.]
* Add no-cache HTTP headers
* Added turn logging for lower pyramid chambers and NS lair
[* Temporary: Show a glaring green background for the charpane when at a fortune cookie turn]

Fixes:
* Added a workaround when submitting custom skills, so you shouldn't have to reload pages or relog when using IE or Chrome.
* Corrected spoiler text for wheel in the clouds in the sky
* Corrected gremlin name highlighting (and will now funksling flyers when using the magnet, if possible)
* Llama violence counter now recognize messages against plural monsters
* Fixed a display error for the clan chat script when not showing [clan] tag for the channel

Lua scripts:
* Added "item drop" as a target for add_processor/add_printer
* Added can_read_state function
* Implemented fortune cookie counter processor as a Lua script

Eleron
Has a thing!

Re: kolproxy: A new game interface (v1.8)

Post by Eleron » Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:27 am

New minor release: kolproxy v1.81 (linux, macosx, windows)!

Changes:
* Added an initial PvP feature, where you can click in the search results to load the attack page for someone, instead of going to their profile first. [It's work in progress, so it currently only shows for people in clans, but still useful so I included it.]

Fixes:
* The Louvre page no longer complains about an error and stops you from adventuring.

Added caveat:
* If you hide many discovery sections in v1.81, you might end up with a settings cookie that is longer than your maximum file name length, and will be unable to read or write settings files so kolproxy won't work. As a workaround for v1.81, show the discovery sections again, and the cookie will be shorter.

Eleron
Has a thing!

Re: kolproxy: A new game interface (v1.81)

Post by Eleron » Thu Mar 11, 2010 4:52 pm

I started on a http://kolproxy.houeland.com/wiki/Main_Page site. It's currently mostly empty, but will eventually be filled out with stuff instead of further enlarging the huge opening post =)

Eleron
Has a thing!

Re: kolproxy: A new game interface (v1.9)

Post by Eleron » Sun Mar 21, 2010 1:50 am

New release: kolproxy v1.9 (linux, macosx, windows)!

Changes:
* "Stop automation" and "Summon Pasta Guardian" custom skills.
* MP and stat values included in detailed logs.
* DoD potion identification.
* Added noncombat spoilers for outskirts, pantry, harem, crypt and mine
* Tracking results when mining.
* Asks chatbot for clover/bounty status on logon
* Lua scripts can load pages (initial version)
* Settings page for setting healing skill, buffing outfit, etc. (initial version)
* PADL Phone counter.

Fixes:
* KoL cookies are no longer used as file names, since they may be longer than the maximum file name length.
* Inventory section collapsing is now sometimes maintained. (Created a workaround for KoL javascript not setting cookies correctly for "localhost", but CDM should make a server-side fix.)
* Telescope spoilers now check inventory accurately instead of relying on /count.
* Frat/hippy kills are now reported as a range if it's not sure (kills outside the battlefield are still not counted)
* Messages are no longer sent to the Default tab when using the tabbed chat GM script.
* The DB combo custom skills are now only available if you're a DB.
* The Flyer opponent skill now works for the hippy side jam band flyers.

Lua scripts:
* Added add_choice_function(), get_character_info() and submit_page() functions.
* Added { text = "..." } and { leave_noturn = true } as possible choice function spoilers.
* Added "used combat item" target.
* Added "class" and "sign" session state.
* Added "guard turtle.type" flag that will be set to "French" when appropriate on the TT nemesis quest.
* Changed set_fight_state etc. to be util.lua functions, only exporting set_state() from kolproxy.

iFlat
Just Plain Old Pie

Post by iFlat » Thu Mar 25, 2010 2:45 pm

Uh, I have Mac OS 10.4.11, and this won't work for me.
Any idea why?
I can provide more info if you need, just ask, and I'll try to find it.

Eleron
Has a thing!

Post by Eleron » Thu Mar 25, 2010 3:35 pm

iFlat wrote:Uh, I have Mac OS 10.4.11, and this won't work for me.
Any idea why?

Hmm, no. More info would be great.
Can you run it from Terminal and see what it says?

cd {somethingsomething}/kolproxy.app/Contents/MacOS/
./kolproxy-v1.9-macosx

Then connect to http://localhost:18481/ and look at the output in the Terminal, or doesn't it start at all?

lostcalpolydude
Forum Maestro

Post by lostcalpolydude » Thu Mar 25, 2010 4:00 pm

iFlat wrote:Uh, I have Mac OS 10.4.11, and this won't work for me.
Any idea why?

You'll definitely need more details, because I have the same OS and it works fine. (Technically I haven't grabbed the latest version, it was 1.8 that I ran without issues.)

ari
Just Plain Old Pie

Post by ari » Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:11 pm

Version 1.9 doesn't work for me in Windows Vista. It just displays the following and never loads the login page:

Started...
State file state/session-6b724f2cf64eb72d9e684a95b979ef15.state does not already
exist.
got uri: /login.php when getting /charpane.php
loadState exception: user error (getpage name mismatch)
got uri: /login.php | ?loginid=75a945d46ac547ac97d973921f3ad7e5 (from /), size 7
mseq Some: State.hs:(44,16)-(51,92): Non-exhaustive patterns in case

slaphappy snark
Widdle Fudge Bunny

Post by slaphappy snark » Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:14 pm

ari wrote:Version 1.9 doesn't work for me in Windows Vista. It just displays the following and never loads the login page:
If you upgraded from a previous version, clear your localhost cookies in your browser--that cleared up the problem for me, and Eleron is planning to release a fix to this. Also, when upgrading, be sure to unzip into a new directory and then just copy over your /state and /logs directories from the old version.

ari
Just Plain Old Pie

Post by ari » Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:35 pm

slaphappy snark wrote:If you upgraded from a previous version, clear your localhost cookies in your browser--that cleared up the problem for me
Yeah, that resolved the issue. Thanks.

iFlat
Just Plain Old Pie

Post by iFlat » Fri Mar 26, 2010 5:45 am

I'm sorry, I should have specified what was wrong. :oops:
It's not supported on my system.
"You cannot open the application "kolproxy" because it is not supported on this system."

Specs of the computer that I know/can find out:
Mac OS X 10.4.11
Processor: 1.25 GHz PowerPC G4
Memory: 768 MB DDR SDRAM

This was upgraded from 10.3 recently, is that the problem?

Eleron
Has a thing!

Post by Eleron » Fri Mar 26, 2010 6:38 am

iFlat wrote:I'm sorry, I should have specified what was wrong. :oops:
"You cannot open the application "kolproxy" because it is not supported on this system."

Mac OS X 10.4.11

Ah, it's because it's a powerpc. It won't work unless you can get it to emulate intel or somesuch. (Or possibly that I can compile it for powerpc, but I don't see that happening any time soon, unfortunately. Unless there's a special easy way to crosscompile that I'm unaware of.)

I added (Intel) as a requirement for the link. I wasn't aware that recent versions (even 10.5) will run on powerpc, but they need(?) different powerpc-specific binaries so the released kolproxy versions won't work. Sorry about that.

iFlat
Just Plain Old Pie

Post by iFlat » Fri Mar 26, 2010 2:32 pm

Eleron wrote:
iFlat wrote:I'm sorry, I should have specified what was wrong. :oops:

Mac OS X 10.4.11

Ah, it's because it's a powerpc. It won't work unless you can get it to emulate intel or somesuch. (Or possibly that I can compile it for powerpc, but I don't see that happening any time soon, unfortunately. Unless there's a special easy way to crosscompile that I'm unaware of.)

I added (Intel) as a requirement for the link. I wasn't aware that recent versions (even 10.5) will run on powerpc, but they need(?) different powerpc-specific binaries so the released kolproxy versions won't work. Sorry about that.

Oh, well. It's ok, I'll use mafia's logging then.
It should work on a a laptop with intel, right? (If I'm reading your post correctly)

Eleron
Has a thing!

Post by Eleron » Sat Mar 27, 2010 7:07 am

iFlat wrote:It should work on a a laptop with intel, right? (If I'm reading your post correctly)

Yeah, 10.4+ and Intel should work.

jcowley
Pie of the Sky

Post by jcowley » Sat Mar 27, 2010 9:15 am

I decided to try it out today properly; I've had a go before, but only for about 10 turns and I gave up because I suck. So i got some of RTs great scripts, fiddled about making Mr. Script work, and I was off...

It's really impressive; I like the ability to log through chat and I love the custom combat scripting. The few things I struggle with are the lack of mafia's little arrows next to buffs which make runs a lot easier, and not being able to see which ACs I can make at a glance (like in mafia's item manager). Other than these issues, I find it to be quicker for playing AND for combat, which is 2 major advantages for me.

So I just thought I should pop in and express my gratitude, plus perhaps suggest the easier buffing and recipe management; however, the second doesn't really fit in with kolproxy's style so far I guess, and I don't really expect you to add either of these. CDM has said that char pane buffing will be implemented at some time, so that's good.

Thanks again Eleron, keep up the good work, I look forward to seeing what other improvements you make to the already improved system!

EDIT: Ooh, some kind of monsterstats would be very helpful, not knowing them can bite you in the ass sometimes.

Eleron
Has a thing!

Re: kolproxy: A new game interface (v1.10)

Post by Eleron » Sat Apr 03, 2010 5:12 pm

New release: kolproxy v1.10 (linux, macosx, windows)!

Changes:
* Settings are now stored in your OS's application settings directory instead of in the kolproxy directory.
* One-click PvP from search list, attacking for flowers with mainstat.
* Learn dance move custom skill for DB nemesis quest.
* Added familiar experience to logs if the progress bars are enabled.
* Astral Badger mushroom counter.
* Choice spoilers in the airship.
* Picking up offhand from mystic, answering lair door riddle and switching in the correct familiar if it's 20lb+ is done automatically when you click on them.
* Added a debug-log.txt that can help track down problems.

Fixes:
* Having an invalid PHPSESSID cookie no longer prevents pages from loading.
* DoD potion messages are now detected vs plural monsters.
* Having autoheal fail (e.g. during multi-round fights: Ed and NS) no longer triggers as an error.

Lua scripts:
* Added intercept.lua that can react to requests before they're sent to the KoL servers.
* Added get_status_info() that tells you familiar ID.
* Added get_mainstat() that returns "muscle"/"mysticality"/"moxie" (might rename the function later?).
* Added get_page() and post_page() utility functions for automation.

Eleron
Has a thing!

Re: kolproxy: A new game interface (v1.10.5)

Post by Eleron » Mon Apr 05, 2010 7:47 pm

New release: kolproxy v1.10.5 (linux, macosx, windows)!

Changes:
* 32-bit Linux version.
* "Automatically perform daily actions" can now select between being disabled, enabled for safe and simple collection tasks, or both collection and summoning in aftercore.
* Lua automation scripts can be disabled.
* kolproxy settings can be stored on the KoL server.
* Automation for trapper and parts of NS lair (click mirror, statues, pre-shadow blast).
* Link to ballroom on the "Dance card" counter when it reaches 0.
* Click coffee grounds to use enchanted bean.

Fixes:
* Submitting forms (most notably quest log) with unbalanced non-alphanumeric characters no longer sometimes causes problems. [Thanks snark!]

lostcalpolydude
Forum Maestro

Post by lostcalpolydude » Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:05 pm

Eleron wrote:* kolproxy settings can be stored on the KoL server.

Where are they stored? I'm guessing the CAB setting, and wondering how well that works with the CAB turned off.

Eleron
Has a thing!

Post by Eleron » Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:29 pm

lostcalpolydude wrote:
Eleron wrote:* kolproxy settings can be stored on the KoL server.

Where are they stored? I'm guessing the CAB setting, and wondering how well that works with the CAB turned off.

Actionbar, yes. I don't think? anything on the server cares at all whether you have the CAB visible on fight pages or not, and it doesn't change whether kolproxy can store/load settings.

It's only (currently) stored/loaded manually, since the actionbar can be slightly flaky if you have connection issues.

slaphappy snark
Widdle Fudge Bunny

Post by slaphappy snark » Tue Apr 06, 2010 4:30 pm

Do the stored settings include stuff like fortune cookie and YR counters? If I store my settings and then load up 1.10.5 on a different computer and grab those settings, will anything be different/unavailable?

Eleron
Has a thing!

Post by Eleron » Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:07 pm

slaphappy snark wrote:Do the stored settings include stuff like fortune cookie and YR counters? If I store my settings and then load up 1.10.5 on a different computer and grab those settings, will anything be different/unavailable?

Yeah, that should just work perfectly, with custom skills, settings, fortune cookie and YR counters etc.

Your logs get all splintered though, and you won't have the same custom scripts etc. installed/changed, but "character/ascension/day state" gets transferred.

(Not fight state, so don't try tricking it into saving/loading while in combat :P)

Eleron
Has a thing!

Post by Eleron » Mon May 31, 2010 2:50 am

There's an alpha release of v2.0 at http://www.houeland.com/kolproxy/files/

On Windows it launches the browser before it's actually ready to connect, so wait a few seconds and then click "try again", but other than that it should mostly work. It's not polished though.

greycat
AFH

Post by greycat » Sat Jun 19, 2010 4:19 pm

Running kolproxy 1.10.5 on Debian 5.0. It dumped core.

got uri: /fight.php |  (from /fight.php), size 11295
got uri: /charpane.php |  (from /charpane.php), size 7353
got uri: /skills.php | ?tiny=1 (from /skills.php?tiny=1), size 5769
posting page /fight.php params: Just [("action","attack")]
got uri: /fight.php |  (from /fight.php), size 10906
got uri: /charpane.php |  (from /charpane.php), size 7353
got uri: /skills.php | ?tiny=1 (from /skills.php?tiny=1), size 5760
posting page /fight.php params: Just [("action","attack")]
got uri: /fight.php |  (from /fight.php), size 10816
got uri: /charpane.php |  (from /charpane.php), size 7004
Segmentation fault (core dumped)

I was in a fight at the time, and I was making normal attacks (V-crisis), having already spent several rounds with a turtle totem gathering MP.

(gdb) bt
#0  0x081250c7 in ?? ()
#1  0x08a4ece0 in ?? ()
#2  0x08a45138 in ?? ()
#3  0x00000001 in ?? ()
#4  0x00000001 in ?? ()
#5  0x08a4f0c4 in ?? ()
#6  0x00000001 in ?? ()
#7  0xbfffc3d8 in ?? ()
#8  0x08135463 in ?? ()
#9  0x08a4ece0 in ?? ()
#10 0x00000001 in ?? ()
#11 0x00000001 in ?? ()
#12 0x08a50430 in ?? ()
#13 0x08a4f0c4 in ?? ()
#14 0x08a4ece0 in ?? ()
#15 0xbfffc428 in ?? ()
#16 0x08128c56 in ?? ()
#17 0x08a4ece0 in ?? ()
#18 0x08a3392c in ?? ()
#19 0x00000010 in ?? ()
#20 0x000000d8 in ?? ()
#21 0x08a4f128 in ?? ()
#22 0x08a4f128 in ?? ()
---Type <return> to continue, or q <return> to quit---
#23 0xbfffc428 in ?? ()
#24 0x081368ae in ?? ()
#25 0x08a4f128 in ?? ()
#26 0x08a50d48 in ?? ()
#27 0x08a33dac in ?? ()
#28 0x08a33dc4 in ?? ()
#29 0x08a4f030 in ?? ()
#30 0x08a4ece0 in ?? ()
#31 0x08a55ebc in ?? ()
#32 0x00000000 in ?? ()
(gdb)

No debugging symbols, I guess.

Eleron
Has a thing!

Re: kolproxy: A new game interface (v2.0a)

Post by Eleron » Tue Aug 17, 2010 6:10 am

CDM broke the game API. Hopefully he'll fix it and make it better than ever soon (and actually announce it publicly as well), and then there will be a new kolproxy version.

bumcheekcity
AFH

Post by bumcheekcity » Mon Aug 23, 2010 9:59 am

What game API?