Kolproxy: a new game interface

For stuff related to KoLmafia, KoLproxy, Ascension Log Visualizer, and greasemonkey scripts. Maybe other stuff too.
Veracity
Just Plain Old Pie

Re: kolproxy: A new game interface (v2.0a)

Post by Veracity » Wed Aug 25, 2010 6:18 pm

Eleron wrote:CDM broke the game API. Hopefully he'll fix it and make it better than ever soon (and actually announce it publicly as well).

Ooooh! So that non-devs can use it too, eh?

I look forward to learning about this.

Eleron
Has a thing!

Re: kolproxy: A new game interface (v2.5b)

Post by Eleron » Fri Nov 26, 2010 5:40 pm

Updated to point to v2.5b so people don't try to download 1.10.5 anymore.

Jaelith
Pie in the Sky

Re: kolproxy: A new game interface (v2.5b)

Post by Jaelith » Fri Nov 26, 2010 5:58 pm

Eleron wrote:Updated to point to v2.5b so people don't try to download 1.10.5 anymore.
I'm kind of a professional "do things that you think/hope people won't do," but I'm glad when it results in solutions. :D

Draco Cracona
Gatekeeper of Hell

Re: kolproxy: A new game interface (v2.6b)

Post by Draco Cracona » Mon Dec 06, 2010 12:48 pm

Issues I've encountered:

Random crashes, as described on the wiki page (do you want me to look through the system logs etc. and post this?);
PvP search player button in chrome not working under ubuntu on chrome 7.0.517.44 (it needs an update, can see if that changes anything);
Lack of Dvorak's revenge script (script is assumed to be there and has link to solve when it isn't);
Random LUA error in the AFH chat LUA script:

lua error!
lua error, top = 2
lua error: scripts/base/util.lua:67: bad argument #1 to 'gmatch' (string expected, got nil)
traceback:
stack traceback:
[C]: in function 'gmatch'
scripts/base/util.lua:67: in function 'str_to_table'
scripts/custom/afh-clan-chat.lua:25: in function 'lookup_player_id'
scripts/custom/afh-clan-chat.lua:56: in function 'replace'
scripts/custom/afh-clan-chat.lua:66: in function 'f'
[string "dofile("scripts/base/util.lua")..."]:36: in function <[string "dofile("scripts/base/util.lua")..."]:33>
[C]: in function 'gsub'
[string "dofile("scripts/base/util.lua")..."]:33: in main chunk
chat error: error running code (scripts/chat.lua):
scripts/base/util.lua:67: bad argument #1 to 'gmatch' (string expected, got nil)

stack traceback:
[C]: in function 'gmatch'
scripts/base/util.lua:67: in function 'str_to_table'
scripts/custom/afh-clan-chat.lua:25: in function 'lookup_player_id'
scripts/custom/afh-clan-chat.lua:56: in function 'replace'
scripts/custom/afh-clan-chat.lua:66: in function 'f'
[string "dofile("scripts/base/util.lua")..."]:36: in function <[string "dofile("scripts/base/util.lua")..."]:33>
[C]: in function 'gsub'
[string "dofile("scripts/base/util.lua")..."]:33: in main chunk

I can look at the script later and see if I can a) understand lua (which I probably can, as it's C-like) and b) see what's breaking. Seems good overall though, I especially like having turncount displayed without needing to load a page.

Eleron
Has a thing!

Post by Eleron » Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:57 pm

Draco Cracona wrote:Issues I've encountered:
Random crashes, as described on the wiki page (do you want me to look through the system logs etc. and post this?);
Yes!!! If you can figure out a way to reproduce it, or an error message describing what happened, that would be great! =D
Draco Cracona wrote:PvP search player button in chrome not working under ubuntu on chrome 7.0.517.44 (it needs an update, can see if that changes anything);
Huh, that's strange. I'll try to talk to you in chat about this.
Draco Cracona wrote:Lack of Dvorak's revenge script (script is assumed to be there and has link to solve when it isn't);
Probably the 404 error by clicking an automation script without having enabled them (first checkbox in kolproxy settings).
Draco Cracona wrote:Random LUA error in the AFH chat LUA script:
Hmm, not sure what would cause that. I'll talk to you in chat about this too :)

Thanks for your bug report! :)

Draco Cracona
Gatekeeper of Hell

Post by Draco Cracona » Mon Dec 06, 2010 5:11 pm

Eleron wrote:
Draco Cracona wrote:Issues I've encountered:
Yes!!! If you can figure out a way to reproduce it, or an error message describing what happened, that would be great! =D
As for ways to reproduce this, I have no idea. It happens to me most days, when I leave myself logged on and go do other stuff (which happens quite frequently). I've seen no error message or anything similar; just get a message of a segfault. The system log has an entry from the kernel process as:

[113772.944076] kolproxy-v2.5b-[8715]: segfault at a3bf03c ip 080d766c sp bfd00fb0 error 4 in kolproxy-v2.5b-linux32[8048000+8ff000]

although, to put it bluntly, lists of memory locations aren't my forte, so I have no clue if that's useful.

I'm more than happy to try and help, it's a shame my knowledge of code is limited to C++ and Java or I'd try and be of more use!

Alhifar
Just Plain Old Pie

Post by Alhifar » Thu Dec 09, 2010 10:19 pm

The PvP search button doesn't work in chrome without kolproxy/mafia/GM, so it's not kolproxy that's causing that particular error.

Draco Cracona
Gatekeeper of Hell

Post by Draco Cracona » Thu Dec 09, 2010 11:30 pm

Alhifar wrote:The PvP search button doesn't work in chrome without kolproxy/mafia/GM, so it's not kolproxy that's causing that particular error.
Yeah, was saying that it didn't seem to be fixed. Is fixed now though, either the 2.6 kolproxy update or the chrome update I did sorted it.

Eleron
Has a thing!

Post by Eleron » Thu Dec 09, 2010 11:42 pm

Draco Cracona wrote:Yeah, was saying that it didn't seem to be fixed. Is fixed now though, either the 2.6 kolproxy update or the chrome update I did sorted it.
Yeah, the workaround that makes playersearch work in chrome was added in v2.6b and you were using v2.5b, so that mystery is solved :)

Any luck getting that special segfault-debug version to crash again?

big_mara
My Pie Blown Sky High

Re: kolproxy: A new game interface

Post by big_mara » Thu Oct 20, 2011 6:21 am

I was wondering if you have a place where you list changes you've made with each update? If that's too much work, I totally understand. Thanks.

Eleron
Has a thing!

Post by Eleron » Thu Oct 20, 2011 11:37 am

big_mara wrote:I was wondering if you have a place where you list changes you've made with each update? If that's too much work, I totally understand. Thanks.
Most of the larger changes are on the issue tracker, and can e.g. go to http://www.houeland.com/trac/index.fcgi ... l=priority to see what was done for 2.22.
lotsofphil wrote:Got me a 4-day fist with minimal effort. Thanks eleron :)
Yay! :)

big_mara
My Pie Blown Sky High

Post by big_mara » Thu Oct 20, 2011 1:53 pm

Eleron wrote:
big_mara wrote:I was wondering if you have a place where you list changes you've made with each update? If that's too much work, I totally understand. Thanks.
Most of the larger changes are on the issue tracker, and can e.g. go to http://www.houeland.com/trac/index.fcgi ... l=priority to see what was done for 2.22.
Bookmarked. Thanks :)

NardoLoopa
Market Manipulator

Post by NardoLoopa » Wed Oct 26, 2011 6:48 am

This morning I'm getting this with 2.22b and 2.23b when I try to hit http://localhost:18481/ :

Code: Select all

./kolproxy-v2.23b-linux32 
Starting...
Downloading data files...
Data files updated.
connection error: connect: does not exist (Connection refused)
Any ideas? Things worked fine yesterday morning. Possibly has something to do with this?
October 25
Server reconfiguration is now complete. All traffic to KoL now goes through www.kingdomofloathing.com. Hooray!

deusnoctum
Statistically likely to return

Post by deusnoctum » Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:35 am

NardoLoopa wrote:This morning I'm getting this with 2.22b and 2.23b when I try to hit http://localhost:18481/ :
I am getting this with 2.24 testing on Mac OS 10.7.2. My firewall program keeps prompting me to allow a connection to www5.kingdomofloathing.com, so my guess is that's the cause.

EDIT: Eleron had me delete all of my browser's cookies, and this fixed it. (Specifically, it's probably cookies for localhost or 127.0.0.1, whichever address you use. Thanks, Eleron!)

kain
Pie of the Sky

Post by kain » Mon Nov 07, 2011 9:07 am

Regarding the ascension script:
Occasionally (every 2-3 runs) I'll get an astral flashback that halts the script. Any chance of either automating the fetching of a munchies pill or escaping automatically or something? Personally I try to get a munchies pill

Interface question:
Can flyering be tracked? Occasionally I'll come across a scenario where I'm all caught up (HiTS, pyramid, war quests, etc) and I'm still a little short on flyering, but I don't know exactly how short.

Twilo asked about interface suggestions, and mine was to make the choices on the {mix drinks} tab on the "Crafting" menu be clickable to buy/still/mix the appropriate drink. I thought I'd post that here as well.

Thanks!

lotsofphil
Leader of rum ham

Post by lotsofphil » Wed Nov 16, 2011 4:00 pm

http://www.houeland.com/trac/index.fcgi/ticket/119

Looks like it is time for you to test, nardo :)

Eleron
Has a thing!

Post by Eleron » Wed Nov 16, 2011 6:21 pm

kain wrote:Regarding the ascension script:
Occasionally (every 2-3 runs) I'll get an astral flashback that halts the script. Any chance of either automating the fetching of a munchies pill or escaping automatically or something? Personally I try to get a munchies pill
Hmm, I've never had it do that, but sounds like a good idea (ticket).
kain wrote:Interface question:
Can flyering be tracked? Occasionally I'll come across a scenario where I'm all caught up (HiTS, pyramid, war quests, etc) and I'm still a little short on flyering, but I don't know exactly how short.
Well it would have to know the effective ML of everything, and it doesn't. Twillo has been doing some work on estimating the ML bonuses, but there's nothing yet about monster base ML. (Also, that sort of thing is never accurate. Just today someone in /clan stopped flyering because mafia said it was done, and of course it wasn't.)
kain wrote:Twilo asked about interface suggestions, and mine was to make the choices on the {mix drinks} tab on the "Crafting" menu be clickable to buy/still/mix the appropriate drink. I thought I'd post that here as well.
Yeah, I'd like that too. I'd also like a better interface for it, but not quite sure how to do it. I haven't touched that thing in a while (ticket).

big_mara
My Pie Blown Sky High

Post by big_mara » Wed Nov 16, 2011 7:06 pm

Eleron wrote:
kain wrote:Interface question:
Well it would have to know the effective ML of everything, and it doesn't. Twillo has been doing some work on estimating the ML bonuses, but there's nothing yet about monster base ML. (Also, that sort of thing is never accurate. Just today someone in /clan stopped flyering because mafia said it was done, and of course it wasn't.)
I've never had an issue with the script messing up flyering at all. If I ever planned on doing a run with kolproxy, little features like this would make me miss mafia. Even if it is not 100 percent accurate (or 95 or 90), I think a tracker for something like this is hugely helpful.

I can't tell you how much I love your script and kolproxy in general. Thanks, thanks, thanks!

lostcalpolydude
Forum Maestro

Post by lostcalpolydude » Thu Nov 17, 2011 8:39 am

Eleron wrote:(Also, that sort of thing is never accurate. Just today someone in /clan stopped flyering because mafia said it was done, and of course it wasn't.)
That's mostly because mafia applies +ML to tomb rat kings, and I don't think +ML applies for them (right?). Still a mafia bug, and your general point was valid anyway.
bmaher: Softcore character
lostcalpolydude: Hardcore character (abandoned)

top1214
Oh my! Guy with Pie!

Post by top1214 » Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:17 am

lostcalpolydude wrote:
Eleron wrote:(Also, that sort of thing is never accurate. Just today someone in /clan stopped flyering because mafia said it was done, and of course it wasn't.)
That's mostly because mafia applies +ML to tomb rat kings, and I don't think +ML applies for them (right?). Still a mafia bug, and your general point was valid anyway.
Mafia usually works out OK if you remember to flyer the Hidden City Boss, b/c he has a base attack of 0 according to Mafia.

Eleron
Has a thing!

Post by Eleron » Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:35 am

kain wrote:I grabbed the version you just spun. Day 4 of the automation script has failed (and I confess, I didn't snag the error) when it was trying to decypher the hidden city wines. I had to run that manually.

The next place it stopped was the stupid 'tile' game in the hidden temple. I got this error during the script AND hitting the {solve puzzle} link at the bottom of the puzzle.
Yeah, nardo caught those too, and they were pretty mean, blocking you from doing stuff just because the functions were left in the wrong file. Fixed(?) and ready for more testing in testing-2!

Also, a workaround for the KoL servers getting overwhelmed and resetting connections, which hopefully stops these frequent network issues. (Not absolutely all of them of course, as your connection can still be dodgy. But it seems like the biggest problem was the server software just shutting down mid-download!)

Eleron
Has a thing!

Post by Eleron » Thu Dec 15, 2011 3:23 am

v2.30 is out and will probably become v3.0 when any remaining bugs are stamped out. That'll be released to a wider audience, so it would be great to have everything tested =)

NardoLoopa
Market Manipulator

Post by NardoLoopa » Thu Dec 15, 2011 8:06 am

Heh, you'll need to wait until after Crimbo for the ascension script to be tested. :)

kain
Pie of the Sky

Post by kain » Thu Dec 15, 2011 9:33 am

NardoLoopa wrote:Heh, you'll need to wait until after Crimbo for the ascension script to be tested. :)
qft :)

Emanon
Pie of the Sky

Post by Emanon » Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:18 pm

Loving the log parsing that I just noticed in 3.0a. Way better than what it was like earlier.

I had something else I was going to mention, but I think it only applied to fist runs (which I'm not doing anymore since Day 2 of Trendy took 20 minutes with no stoppages) so I've forgotten it.

Veracity
Just Plain Old Pie

Post by Veracity » Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:30 pm

What are your current thoughts on putting this into sourceforge or github or something?

I'm curious to see what you've done, but don't really care to execute (many) non-open source programs. You and I discussed this a year ago or so and you offered to send me the source, but I'd just rather pull it when I wish and look at it and build it and execute it, rather than just having a snapshot of the source.

Thanks!

- Veracity

(Peanut gallery preemption: My reasons for insisting on open source likely apply to me alone. I am satisfied that they apply to me - so am uninterested in defending or justifying them - and do not assume that they apply to apply to anybody else - so am uninterested in promoting them. I'm not interested in challenge or discussion. Thanks! :))

Eleron
Has a thing!

Post by Eleron » Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:57 pm

Veracity wrote:What are your current thoughts on putting this into sourceforge or github or something?
The code that "does all the stuff" is Lua code that's included in source form (and possible to modify) and loaded when you log in. The source for the Haskell core that deals with network connections, writing files, and loading and running the Lua code and such is available at http://www.houeland.com/kolproxy/files/ like the other files. (To build it you also need hsluamodded.zip.)

The source is available, and I haven't thought much more about sourceforge/github or licensing. I'm about to release v3.0, and I guess I might think some more about it after that, if there's any issues or interest.

Veracity
Just Plain Old Pie

Post by Veracity » Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:01 pm

Sweet!

It would be easier to deal with if I could just connect to an SVN or GIT archive and say "update to latest" rather than downloading a package source tarball (or zipball :)) but, that's halfway there.

Thanks!

NardoLoopa
Market Manipulator

Post by NardoLoopa » Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:46 pm

ahmen.

greycat
AFH

Post by greycat » Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:34 am

Is there any reasonably simple way to tell kolproxy to use an HTTP proxy? At work, some time in the last year, they "upgraded" the firewall so that you have to authenticate using silly Active Directory crapola to use the web. It's supposedly transparent for people who are logged into Windows and using MSIE. I'm using Firefox in Linux. Of course, their change also broke every single "apt-get update" I do from every single Linux server we have... so I was able to talk them into getting an exemption added for my personal squid proxy. Any HTTP traffic that goes through my squid proxy is able to reach the Internet without supplying Microsoft authentication credentials.

So, if I can tell kolproxy to use my squid proxy (the same way a browser does), then it should work.

Otherwise I guess I get to try to figure out how to compile it on the squid proxy machine, which by the way is HP-UX 10.20. Haskell, eh? Hmm.....

-------------------------------------

Spoke with Eleron in chat a bit. He says there's no proxy support yet, and he asked for tips on how it would be implemented. I don't know all the details. What I know is that instead of making an HTTP request like this:

$ telnet http://www.kingdomofloathing.com 80
GET /login.php?loginid=blahblah HTTP/1.1
Host: www.kingdomofloathing.com

you connect to a proxy server (IP/port):

$ telnet proxyIP proxyPort
GET http://www.kingdomofloathing.com/login.php?loginid=blahblah HTTP/1.1
Host: www.kingdomofloathing.com

I don't know about other HTTP headers that would have to be changed/added.

Another suggestion was to run kolproxy on my home machine, and connect to it from the work machine. I used an ssh tunnel for this, and it was successful. (That won't be an option for every user, though.)

And compiling kolproxy would involve installing "GHC", a Haskell compiler, which is written in Haskell, and therefore requires GHC in order to build. Um. Yeah... that's a little more than I want to dive into today.

greycat
AFH

Post by greycat » Thu Feb 02, 2012 2:59 pm

OK, I played a day of an ascension using it. It didn't crash -- so that's an improvement!

I logged in before jumping into the gash. When I jumped in the gash, it started spewing errors (but things still worked). These errors stopped once I left Valhalla.

When I hit my first semi-rare time, the left pane turned green. Then I went to the Knob, and clicked on the Kitchens. It popped up a screen with a link for "Disable this warning for turn 75" and "Repeat request". Not quite knowing what to do, I clicked the first one. It changed to a grey "Warning disabled until you logout", which confused me -- did that mean I had disabled all semi-rare timer warnings for the rest of the session? I tried clicking the grey message but it didn't do anything.

The next time I saw one of these warnings was when I was going for FARQUAR. It warned me that I had a halo equipped and also weapons equipped -- true enough. This time, I tried clicking "Repeat request" first, and it brought me right back to the same screen. So then I tried the other one, and again it turned grey and said something like "Warnings disabled until you logout".

It would be nice if there were a clearly labeled button to say "Yes, I know, just do it this one time, but keep the warnings enabled for next time." (Also, it should be smarter about FARQUAR. If I don't have the password yet, but I'm set up to get it, it should know I'm not going to lose Kung Fu. But that's less important than clarifying the warning thing.)

Got through day 1, and then I looked in the directory where kolproxy was running. Where's the usable logs? I see timing-log.txt (12 MB) and lua-log.txt (1.7 MB) and http-log.txt (0.5 MB), but they look like they need to be parsed or something. Also they have sensitive information in them -- the entire contents of my editable quest notes are in at least two of these files, and I have passwords stored in there.

I looked around a bit, and there are no other log files in the kolproxy directory; and it did not appear to create any new files or dirs in my $HOME either.

Here's some errors from lua-log.txt:

stack traceback:
        ...pts/../scripts/base/util/kolproxy-core-functions.lua:114: in function <...pts/../scripts/base/util/kolproxy-core-functions.lua:113>
        (tail call): ?
        scripts/interface/custom-charpane.lua:36: in function 'get_familiar_grid'
        scripts/interface/custom-charpane.lua:408: in function 'f'
        [string "-- intercept.lua..."]:180: in function <[string "-- intercept.lua..."]:7>

stack traceback:
        ...pts/../scripts/base/util/kolproxy-core-functions.lua:82: in function <...pts/../scripts/base/util/kolproxy-core-functions.lua:81>
        scripts/../scripts/base/util/api.lua:600: in function 'raw_retrieve_skills'
        scripts/../scripts/base/util/api.lua:617: in function 'f'
        ...pts/../scripts/base/util/kolproxy-core-functions.lua:73: in function <...pts/../scripts/base/util/kolproxy-core-functions.lua:68>
        scripts/base/other.lua:183: in function 'f'
        [string "-- automate.lua..."]:23: in function <[string "-- automate.lua..."]:5>

stack traceback:
        ...pts/../scripts/base/util/kolproxy-core-functions.lua:82: in function <...pts/../scripts/base/util/kolproxy-core-functions.lua:81>
        scripts/zones/campground.lua:9: in function <scripts/zones/campground.lua:7>
        scripts/../scripts/base/util/script-functions.lua:24: in function 'f'
        [string "-- intercept.lua..."]:180: in function <[string "-- intercept.lua..."]:7>

stack traceback:
        scripts/../scripts/base/util/api.lua:600: in function 'raw_retrieve_skills'
        scripts/../scripts/base/util/api.lua:617: in function 'f'
        ...pts/../scripts/base/util/kolproxy-core-functions.lua:73: in function <...pts/../scripts/base/util/kolproxy-core-functions.lua:68>
        scripts/base/other.lua:187: in function 'f'
I didn't save the terminal output, though.

Eleron
Has a thing!

Post by Eleron » Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:01 pm

greycat wrote:OK, I played a day of an ascension using it. It didn't crash -- so that's an improvement!
Yay GHC bugfix! =)
greycat wrote:When I hit my first semi-rare time, the left pane turned green. Then I went to the Knob, and clicked on the Kitchens. It popped up a screen with a link for "Disable this warning for turn 75" and "Repeat request". Not quite knowing what to do, I clicked the first one. It changed to a grey "Warning disabled until you logout", which confused me -- did that mean I had disabled all semi-rare timer warnings for the rest of the session? I tried clicking the grey message but it didn't do anything.
Yeah, it would be nice it this were completely obvious. It disabled what it said, the semirare warning for turn 75, until you logged out.
greycat wrote:The next time I saw one of these warnings was when I was going for FARQUAR. It warned me that I had a halo equipped and also weapons equipped -- true enough. This time, I tried clicking "Repeat request" first, and it brought me right back to the same screen. So then I tried the other one, and again it turned grey and said something like "Warnings disabled until you logout".

It would be nice if there were a clearly labeled button to say "Yes, I know, just do it this one time, but keep the warnings enabled for next time."
Yeah, a "do-once" for e.g. that and the goat unlock would be nice. It's a bit complicated technically, but that's an improvement I'd like to make. Something workable would probably be that it's technically "disable this warning for the current turn until you log out".

It always just disables the one warning it tells you about, so it's "semirare for turn 75" and "halo and weapons equipped".

"Repeat request" does currently just repeat the request, so unless you e.g. did /unequip weapon or disabled the warning (or relevant things for all the other warnings), you'll get the same warning again.
greycat wrote:Got through day 1, and then I looked in the directory where kolproxy was running. Where's the usable logs?
You want the "Parse ascension log" link from kolproxy settings. (The extensive raw ascension logs are in $HOME/.kolproxy/logs/raw)
greycat wrote:Here's some errors from lua-log.txt:
I didn't save the terminal output, though.
Those are just some assorted Lua stack traces? Did you encounter any errors? You'll see the error message with a stack trace as "technical details" in the browser if there is one.

lostcalpolydude
Forum Maestro

Post by lostcalpolydude » Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:42 am

automate.lua error: error running code (scripts/automate.lua):
scripts/zones/crypt.lua:73: attempt to concatenate field '?' (a nil value)

stack traceback:
	scripts/zones/crypt.lua:73: in function 'add_zone_info'
	scripts/zones/crypt.lua:80: in function 'add_zone_info'
	scripts/zones/crypt.lua:88: in function 'f'
	[string "-- automate.lua..."]:23: in function <[string "-- automate.lua..."]:5>
In the browser whenever I view the crypt (the whole quest is done).
bmaher: Softcore character
lostcalpolydude: Hardcore character (abandoned)

Eleron
Has a thing!

Post by Eleron » Fri Feb 03, 2012 5:06 pm

I just released v3.0alpha-3, which hopefully works for connecting through proxies. (I got it to work with squid and KOLPROXY_USE_PROXY_SERVER=127.0.0.1:3128)

It fixes the crypt evilometer issues with a cleared crypt and adventuring in the hidden city, and includes Twillo's +init% script, and some chunks of new improvements. (And lost's super-compact topmenu if you enable it in user-loaders.lua.)

I'm going to write a wiki page about the adventure warnings and have a "help" link to go there. Any help finding errors and other things that are still unclear in v3.0alpha-3 is appreciated :)

Eleron
Has a thing!

Post by Eleron » Thu Feb 23, 2012 7:24 am

v3.0-beta-3 will have some SSL support in preparation for encrypted logins. It may or may not work out of the box with what TPTB end up doing :P

To support this I've done some frustrating hacking on the internal packages being used by the kolproxy executable, which hopefully work right (they don't change anything for the browser interface or Lua coding). (EDIT: I hacked through it on the packages instead of upgrading the compiler, since that's apparently even more cumbersome.)

The HTTP proxy support definitely won't work though, since HTTPS will(?) be required. I believe I'll need to send something like CONNECT for squid or other proxies to basically just shovel the raw bytes through without squid having much of a clue what's happening? I'll try to implement that later.

MisterJiffy
AFH

Post by MisterJiffy » Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:12 am

OK, trying kolproxy for the first time. Top pane, main pane and chat pain all fail to load with similar error messages displayed:

process-page.lua exception: Network connection error while loading /main.php (exception: : Data.ByteString.hGetLine: end of file)

Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Eleron
Has a thing!

Post by Eleron » Thu Mar 08, 2012 5:47 am

MisterJiffy wrote:OK, trying kolproxy for the first time. Top pane, main pane and chat pain all fail to load with similar error messages displayed:

process-page.lua exception: Network connection error while loading /main.php (exception: : Data.ByteString.hGetLine: end of file)

Any idea what I'm doing wrong?
Something is causing network connections to fail. The most likely culprits are a firewall or antivirus program that's not set to allow kolproxy (or that's not working right). What OS/programs are you using?

It's a bit strange that you get as far as loading the frames though, so the cause of the issue could be something else entirely. The place it errors is the first time multiple pages are loaded at once, so buggy software might be likely. Does it work if you just reload a single frame at that point, possibly after restarting kolproxy (and using the same tab, not the new login one that opens)?

Atrophied
Spy vs. Pie

Post by Atrophied » Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:04 pm

Are there changelogs for version updates?

Eleron
Has a thing!

Post by Eleron » Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:59 pm

Atrophied wrote:Are there changelogs for version updates?
There's http://www.houeland.com/trac/index.fcgi ... estone=%21 but it doesn't really separate between different prereleases. I really need to just get 3.0 final out the door, but writing documentation is sooo haaard >_>

Atrophied
Spy vs. Pie

Post by Atrophied » Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:37 am

When trying to run v3.0 prerelease 9 beta (Windows .exe, on Win XP.sp2), I'm getting the following error when I try to log in:

automate.lua error: error running code (scripts/automate.lua):
Lua.hs:112:29-86: Irrefutable pattern failed for pattern Data.Maybe.Just items

stack traceback:
	[C]: in function 'get_item_data_by_name'
	...pts/../scripts/base/util/kolproxy-core-functions.lua:12: in function 'get_itemid'
	scripts/../scripts/base/util/api.lua:271: in function 'have_inventory_item'
	scripts/../scripts/base/util/api.lua:290: in function 'have'
	scripts/base/other.lua:411: in function 'f'
	[string "-- automate.lua..."]:32: in function <[string "-- automate.lua..."]:5>
Any suggestions?

Eleron
Has a thing!

Post by Eleron » Mon Mar 26, 2012 3:24 am

Atrophied wrote:Lua.hs:112:29-86: Irrefutable pattern failed for pattern Data.Maybe.Just items

Any suggestions?
Use an OS that can read files >_>

It's failing to read in the item data. I'll have to figure out some sort of way to make sure Windows actually manages to read in the file when asked to do so :|

Workaround would just be to restart kolproxy, maybe deleting cache/data/last_* first to force a file update.

magikal muffin top
Just Plain Old Pie

Post by magikal muffin top » Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:04 am

first off just want to thank to Eleron and AFH for this great program, I love it =). Second just wanted to know if I am alone in wishing that proxy had a "STOP" button for when I realize I forgot to eat my cookie or something? Is there a way to make it so I do not go idle in chat as well?

thanks!

Draco Cracona
Gatekeeper of Hell

Post by Draco Cracona » Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:19 am

How about a turn range for the nuns? Could be worth having on the nunnery/after the fight, just to help with the nunnery trick etc..

Draco Cracona
Gatekeeper of Hell

Post by Draco Cracona » Fri Apr 06, 2012 9:26 am

Any chance of making the default PvP option be flowers instead of rank?

Eleron
Has a thing!

Post by Eleron » Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:20 pm

Draco Cracona wrote:How about a turn range for the nuns? Could be worth having on the nunnery/after the fight, just to help with the nunnery trick etc..
Well, what would it do? Show the chances to finish in X turns like http://www.houeland.com/kol/nuns does? I suppose, though that's a fair bit of coding, but I'll add it to the queue.
Draco Cracona wrote:Any chance of making the default PvP option be flowers instead of rank?
If you go to pvp and search for players, there's an Attack link next to names that hits them for flowers with one click. What did you do?

Tar
Just Plain Old Pie

Post by Tar » Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:45 am

Eleron wrote:
Draco Cracona wrote:Any chance of making the default PvP option be flowers instead of rank?
If you go to pvp and search for players, there's an Attack link next to names that hits them for flowers with one click. What did you do?
If you already know who you want to attack and just type in a name and hit enter (instead of searching and clicking), it will attack for rank by default.

Eleron
Has a thing!

Post by Eleron » Tue Apr 10, 2012 3:45 pm

OK, added a kolproxy bit to also change the KoL PvP page default from "rank" to "flowers".

top1214
Oh my! Guy with Pie!

Post by top1214 » Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:14 pm

Boris run, sleazy back alley, dumpster choice adventure, picked fight the hobo, got this:

process-page.lua error: error running code (scripts/process-page.lua):
scripts/custom/demon_llama/fight-stats.lua:211: attempt to index local 'monsterName' (a nil value)

stack traceback:
	scripts/custom/demon_llama/fight-stats.lua:211: in function 'parseMonsterNameIntoMafiaFormat'
	scripts/custom/demon_llama/fight-stats.lua:293: in function 'getMonsterData'
	scripts/custom/demon_llama/fight-stats.lua:595: in function 'f'
	[string "-- process-page.lua..."]:88: in function 'run'
	...pts/../scripts/base/util/kolproxy-core-functions.lua:300: in function 'run_functions'
	[string "-- process-page.lua..."]:84: in function <[string "-- process-page.lua..."]:12>
Logging out logging back in did not fix.

But then when I logged back into chat, it (randomly?) did fix with the twiddling thumb message.

Verdigris97
Colonel Contest

Post by Verdigris97 » Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:04 pm

top1214 wrote:Boris run, sleazy back alley, dumpster choice adventure, picked fight the hobo, got this:

process-page.lua error: error running code (scripts/process-page.lua):
scripts/custom/demon_llama/fight-stats.lua:211: attempt to index local 'monsterName' (a nil value)
Not sure if this is the same thing, but it popped up in chat this morning.

[10:13] Eevilcat (AFH): crap, mafia is complaining it 'can't find monster' and I've got a blank main pane
[10:13] Desatysso (AFH): same here -hic-
[10:13] Eevilcat (AFH): ah, so a KoL rather than a mafia problem maybe

top1214
Oh my! Guy with Pie!

Post by top1214 » Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:16 pm

The following is definitely a proxy problem.

Every ascension, after I use the blueprints in the pirate cove, my chats and chat commands stop going through. The home tab spits out:

[object XMLDocument]

and nothing else happens. It fixes itself if I log out and log back in.

Eleron
Has a thing!

Post by Eleron » Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:45 pm

top1214 on forum: scripts/custom/demon_llama/fight-stats.lua:211: attempt to index local 'monsterName' (a nil value)
[10:13] Eevilcat (AFH): crap, mafia is complaining it 'can't find monster' and I've got a blank main pane
top1214 wrote:Every ascension, after I use the blueprints in the pirate cove, my chats and chat commands stop going through.
Sounds like both of those were server problems. The monster name thing I assume was a short-lived bug that's been fixed. The other one is still bugged for lchat.php, but think CDM's fixed it for Modern Tabbed Chat at least. I'll ask him about fixing old chat too and/or consider coding a workaround.

EDIT: Actually, after thinking about that, CDM couldn't fix it for you anyway. ActiveChat replaces it and has the buggy jquery interaction thing, he could only fix it for regular old chat.

Veracity
Just Plain Old Pie

Post by Veracity » Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:10 pm

You know, I am amused when there's a public note asking how to do something in KoLmafia and you come in and post an advertisement for kolproxy, boasting how kolproxy doesn't have the same issue being asked about. The one I just pointed to raises a question in my mind, however, and I'm going to pass it right along to you.

For reference, you said:
For kolproxy, if you can run it on the computer you're using, then you're done. SR numbers and settings and such are automatically synced for your character, with no need to carry anything around. (Not the run log though. If you want the run log in one file, you'll have to use a method to copy that one around, or use the alternative below.)
Fascinating. I assume you are keeping your settings on KoL's server. In the CAB, I expect, using the interface Xeno told us about years ago. When he announced that, I looked very hard at using it. So did certain Greasemonkey scripts. The Battlefield counter, for example.

Unfortunately, the repeated reports over the years from users who had their CAB get blown away for unknown reasons gave me pause. Xeno did warn that KoL will syntax check the CAB very carefully and if it finds any sort of bug, it will initialize it. I assume that is the cause of the reports: CAB corruption, either by misbehaving user scripts or, in some cases - users who weren't using Greasemonkey - by KoL itself.

Are you using the CAB for data storage? If so, in my opinion, you are very lucky that your (small, so far) user community hasn't been bitten by KoL deleting a corrupted CAB out from under you - whether or not YOU are the cause of it.

What will your answer be when that does, inevitably, happen, and somebody's kolproxy settings disappear?

Thanks,

Eleron
Has a thing!

Post by Eleron » Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:02 pm

Veracity wrote:You know, I am amused when there's a public note asking how to do something in KoLmafia and you come in and post an advertisement for kolproxy

Are you using the CAB for data storage? If so, in my opinion, you are very lucky that your (small, so far) user community hasn't been bitten by KoL deleting a corrupted CAB out from under you - whether or not YOU are the cause of it.
The GD thread is "Playing KoL from multiple computers". It's not the most KoL-ish or gameplay-ish thread, since the KoL servers themselves don't care much where you play from. Read it though, it's not a KoLmafia Community Support thread.

But this thread is about kolproxy. A new computer can't get the kolproxy settings synced from the server if the CAB is wiped. That doesn't mean you lose your settings on a computer you've played on before, since they're also stored locally.

I'd prefer to store the long-term state only on the server, and might switch to doing that in the future. The downside is of course the potential for data loss. I haven't heard much about CAB problems lately, not since back when people were using a buggy battlefield script years ago. I'm hoping that also means people aren't losing their CAB much anymore (which is decidedly unfun).

NardoLoopa
Market Manipulator

Post by NardoLoopa » Sun May 13, 2012 5:50 am

Release-2-Beta: how can I see what was fixed? The http://www.houeland.com/trac/index.fcgi/timeline shows the last closed issues were for April 15th.

A change.log sure would be appreciated. Or a link to git/svn where I could browse (well written) log entries - something like what Mafia publishes.

Dheimos
Just Plain Old Pie

Post by Dheimos » Sat Jun 02, 2012 5:42 pm

First off, Hi everyone...this is my first post here. I am returning from a LONG hiatus from KOL and its good to be back.
I've recently been checking out kolproxy and I have to say I totally LOVE it!. Great job! I dont mind babysitting the automation and I realize that it is made to have a babysitter.

1. Can someone explain in layman's terms how I can edit out an item from kolproxies automation database?

I am doing a Trendy run right now and I have hit a roadblock or two. Kolproxy keeps trying to use the pumpkins, shower for MP and get faxes for the KGE, etc. Also, I had to manually level to 6 because I kept getting an error saying it couldnt get the gamestore +spelldmg%. Also, I finally had to manually get the KGE and the Digital Key because of the fax machine being old. I realize that the Trendy "schedule" changes all the time and it is not feasible to update kolproxy's automation settings every time something goes out of style and I dont fault the creators one bit. Maybe a checkbox could be added to clan items that would tell kolproxy not to try to use them as the expire in the future.

----> In the interim, is it possible for me to open a file (which one) and do a text search (for fax maybe) and delete all instances of the word to get it to skip that? Or would that totally break kolproxy?

2. How does kolproxy do with HCBees runs?

3. Is it possible for me to see a list of things kolproxy does or checks for so that I can optimize my manual adventuring further? Or, in the alternative, does anyone know of an incredibly detailed log that is excellent for demonstrating HC mechanics and strategies?

- Deimos (#943665)

Draco Cracona
Gatekeeper of Hell

Post by Draco Cracona » Thu Jun 21, 2012 5:24 pm

RC4 refuses to do anything on windows 7- just pops up the CLI then immediately closes. Tried some compatibility settings for vista and XP without any luck, but RC3 worked fine when I found it.

top1214
Oh my! Guy with Pie!

Post by top1214 » Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:06 pm

Draco Cracona wrote:RC4 refuses to do anything on windows 7- just pops up the CLI then immediately closes. Tried some compatibility settings for vista and XP without any luck, but RC3 worked fine when I found it.
Same on my Mac (10.5.6)

lotsofphil
Leader of rum ham

Post by lotsofphil » Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:06 pm

Draco Cracona wrote:RC4 refuses to do anything on windows 7- just pops up the CLI then immediately closes. Tried some compatibility settings for vista and XP without any luck, but RC3 worked fine when I found it.
If you run it from a command prompt (instead of double clicking) do you get any kind of message?

Draco Cracona
Gatekeeper of Hell

Post by Draco Cracona » Sat Jun 23, 2012 4:40 am

lotsofphil wrote:
If you run it from a command prompt (instead of double clicking) do you get any kind of message?
Been sorted now- was missing logs, logs/chat and logs/info folders. Created those, and it runs fine.

FufuBunnySlayer
AFH

Post by FufuBunnySlayer » Mon Jul 23, 2012 10:49 pm

Is there a way to run two instances of proxy simultaneously on the same machine?

Eleron
Has a thing!

Post by Eleron » Wed Jul 25, 2012 3:08 pm

FufuBunnySlayer wrote:Is there a way to run two instances of proxy simultaneously on the same machine?
You can play two different chars in the same proxy instance, by e.g. using separate browsers or connecting one to localhost:18481 and another to 127.0.0.1:18481 or similar (session cookies just have to be separate in the browser).

You can also launch multiple instances by having them at different ports (see http://www.houeland.com/kolproxy/wiki/E ... _Variables), though you still have to make sure the browser doesn't get confused.

top1214
Oh my! Guy with Pie!

Post by top1214 » Thu Aug 09, 2012 12:05 am

Typed "/use bluep" to use my blueprints:

intercept.lua error: error running code (scripts/intercept.lua):
scripts/zones/pirates.lua:173: attempt to call field 'pairs' (a nil value)

stack traceback:
	scripts/zones/pirates.lua:173: in function 'f'
	[string "-- intercept.lua..."]:66: in function <[string "-- intercept.lua..."]:7>

{ No page loaded. }
Tried manually using blueprints after equipping frill skirt, same thing.

top1214
Oh my! Guy with Pie!

Post by top1214 » Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:13 pm

This showed up every round against the SC nemesis boss:

printer.lua error: error running code (scripts/printer.lua):
user error (scripts/custom/demon_llama/fight-stats.lua:260: attempt to index local 'monpic' (a nil value))

stack traceback:
	[C]: in function 'kolproxy_log_time_interval'
	[string "-- printer.lua..."]:111: in function <[string "-- printer.lua..."]:14>

Jersey_Tomato
Recruiter of AFH/k

Post by Jersey_Tomato » Sat Aug 18, 2012 1:21 pm

I tried to log on through proxy today and got the same error each time:

Logging in as Jersey_Tomato (ascension 126)
Error: Failed to read state. This can happen if you try to log in for the first
time in a day while in combat, in a choice adventure or in valhalla.
Login error: State.hs:267:13-56: Irrefutable pattern failed for pattern Text.JSON.Ok list

I wasn't in any of those states.

FufuBunnySlayer
AFH

Post by FufuBunnySlayer » Sat Sep 08, 2012 2:54 pm

Feature request: Warning when about to use bang potions if drunkenness is greater than 16.

I didn't check my organs when automating and then used bang potions to do the lair, so I'm overdrunk. Warningplz.

Eleron
Has a thing!

Post by Eleron » Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:51 pm

3.1 is now released, yay! I'm finally moving the version number again instead of everything being 3.0-somethingsomething :)

I also scheduled some requests and other additions for 3.2/3.3.

Eleron
Has a thing!

Post by Eleron » Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:26 am

I finally got around to adding some screenshots to the kolproxy wiki, woo!

(Also, released 3.2 a bit over a week ago, forgot to post about that.)

nworbetan
AFH

Re: Kolproxy: a new game interface

Post by nworbetan » Thu Nov 08, 2012 4:30 pm

bash wrote:./kolproxy-v3.2-linux: error while loading shared libraries: libbz2.so.1.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
This is my first time trying to use kolproxy in Fedora, which I just installed right before I moved a week ago. Missing a library doesn't look like a big deal, and I installed the bzip2-devel package which included /usr/lib/libbz2.so. Just now I noticed that I already had /usr/lib/libbz2.so.1 and /usr/lib/libbz2.so.1.0.6, but apparently none of those are close enough for kolproxy. What should I try next?

Edit: I should try looking at what's actually on my hdd, that's what. As it turns out, two of those three libs were actually symbolic links pointing at libbz2.so.1.0.6. Nothing more to see here. >.>

Eleron
Has a thing!

Post by Eleron » Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:25 pm

nworbetan wrote:
bash wrote:./kolproxy-v3.2-linux: error while loading shared libraries: libbz2.so.1.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
This is my first time trying to use kolproxy in Fedora, which I just installed right before I moved a week ago. Missing a library doesn't look like a big deal, and I installed the bzip2-devel package which included /usr/lib/libbz2.so. Just now I noticed that I already had /usr/lib/libbz2.so.1 and /usr/lib/libbz2.so.1.0.6, but apparently none of those are close enough for kolproxy. What should I try next?
Heh, apparently there's a very silly incompatibility in the SONAME used by debian vs fedora for libbz2. Adding the symlink like you did for so.1.0 just like the existing one for so.1 should work perfectly.

EDIT: I'm going to include it statically linked, because it's tiny, and, FFS at this being incompatible.

nworbetan
AFH

Post by nworbetan » Sun Nov 11, 2012 6:24 pm

I almost forgot, the compression when I jumped through the gash yesterday looks like it worked perfectly with the statically linked libbz2. I didn't see any run-time errors at the time and the log unpacks just fine now.