New Log Organiser

For stuff related to KoLmafia, KoLproxy, Ascension Log Visualizer, and greasemonkey scripts. Maybe other stuff too.
bumcheekcity
AFH

New Log Organiser

Post by bumcheekcity » Tue May 18, 2010 9:15 am

http://bumcheekcity.com/kol/logs.php?id=1

Essentially, an idea I've had for a while. A way to upload logs and have people comment on them whilst being slightly easier to navigate than just posting them on forums. It'll also double as an easy log-storer for reference.

Would anyone find this useful?

NardoLoopa
Market Manipulator

Re: New Log Organiser

Post by NardoLoopa » Tue May 18, 2010 9:20 am

Hmm, interesting. What future features would you have in mind? Right now integrated comments probably aren't sufficient to get over the hurtle of another place to go for information. But other features might give it the critical mass you'd need. Perhaps integration with a bunch of graphs like Folle's application?

bumcheekcity
AFH

Post by bumcheekcity » Tue May 18, 2010 9:36 am

Yeah, that's what I thought. It'll be easier to tablate the bit at the end of the rundown - the stat gain per level, MP gains, meat gains etc. using some funky Regex replacing. It'll be easier to read, and graphs would make some information easier to read.

Please feel free to put feature requests in, because I'll probably end up building them in anyway :D

reverkiller
Promoter of Heck

Post by reverkiller » Tue May 18, 2010 1:39 pm

I was wondering, could you do A tabs sort of thing?

Like on the top, you have a Day 1 tab, a Day 2 Tab, etc. So that its easier to page through the days. And, I know this is more on the logger, colors make it a lot easier to read. Graphs would be cool, too, as well as a mini profile page, with just skills and familiars and telescope, or something. I think that you could easily integrate some stuff that makes it easy to use

Serra725
AFH

Post by Serra725 » Tue May 18, 2010 2:59 pm

I don't know, I actually think it would be useful to have a repository of non-annotated logs. Then I could plug the ones I'm interested in to Flolle's things and compare them myself.

bumcheekcity
AFH

Post by bumcheekcity » Wed May 19, 2010 7:12 am

Tabs added. What about colours? How would they be best used?

HippoKing
Pie in the Sky

Post by HippoKing » Wed May 19, 2010 10:03 am

It's pretty counter-intuitive having to put the entire range of turns you want to post the comment to in the box. Could you make it so if, for example, I type turn 885 it would post a comment to the turn 884-890 block rather than the current silent-failure behaviour.

Otherwise, this looks cool.

bumcheekcity
AFH

Post by bumcheekcity » Wed May 19, 2010 12:44 pm

Well, the idea is that you click on the link for the particular adventure on which you wish to comment and then it fills in the form adventure number automatically and using magic. Or possibly javascript.

bumcheekcity
AFH

Post by bumcheekcity » Fri May 21, 2010 5:57 pm

Now if anyone wants to try it out, you can upload your log by just going to:

http://bumcheekcity.com/kol/logs.php

and then filling in the form as obvious.