Kolproxy ascension script

For stuff related to KoLmafia, KoLproxy, Ascension Log Visualizer, and greasemonkey scripts. Maybe other stuff too.
Alhifar
Just Plain Old Pie

Re: Kolproxy ascension script

Post by Alhifar » Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:52 pm

I've gotten the same error twice now, most recently immediately after I clicked to start day 3.

EDIT: Looking back in the command prompt, it looks like it specifically came after trying to disassemble a clover.

Eleron
Has a thing!

Post by Eleron » Wed Mar 07, 2012 4:31 am

Ah, that should hopefully be fixed. Guess I'll ship another beta before 3.0 :)

NardoLoopa
Market Manipulator

Post by NardoLoopa » Mon Mar 26, 2012 6:57 pm

I logged a bunch of bugs after trying HCBoris Day-2 with the script at your suggestion. It didn't get very far before I'd have to dive into your code to fix it. I returned to mafia when it kept insisting on getting a steel liver -- and the code looks like it wants to over-drink.

You should probably take a pass through HCBoris at least once to sort out the major defects.

Is there a way to find out the present cookie counters so I when I return to mafia I can bring them over?

Fred Nefler
AFH

Post by Fred Nefler » Tue Mar 27, 2012 3:47 am

The counters are in the char pane. It only displays one value at a time; hover your mouse over it to see any others.

Blah35
Pie in the Sky

Post by Blah35 » Tue Apr 03, 2012 5:08 pm

Kolproxy seems to be unequipping boris's helm even when there is no other hat in inventory, how can I stop this?

NardoLoopa
Market Manipulator

Post by NardoLoopa » Sat Apr 07, 2012 7:37 am

V3-pre10:

Looks like the script is now capable of a baby-sat 5-day HCBoris run. I'm starting with 23 skills. The script has made it to 85% of the WAR finished on Day-4. Food as been almost exclusively flower pies.

There's still quite a bit of hand-holding, but nothing breaky-breaky. All defects have been filed on Eleroo's bug-site. He has worked off some of the majors for pre10.

Better than doing it manually! :trophy:

BC_Goldman
My Pie Blown Sky High

Re: kolproxy: A new game interface

Post by BC_Goldman » Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:05 am

Well, I finally broke down and gave this a try. Running a scripted 3-day SCBoris. It seemed to play day 1 pretty well and finished about 3/4 through L8. Not as far as I could get playing by hand (and I don't expect it to) but certainly a lot more convenient and faster. All I had to do was consumables, SR and handle a couple of fights where HP got low. I did Tavern manually after it had trouble with the first rat king but other than that and chosing SR it did all the adventuring.

I was going to wait for a couple of scripted runs to try a 2-day but I'm thinking I may just let it try it on the next run. It looks like either way it should give me a lot more free time. I can actually do something during my evenings instead of being glued to the computer playing turns. If it works well enough to chain 2-day runs starting a new one the same day the last one finishes I can rack up some significant skillpoints before I attempt my next 2-day speed run. There's no way I could chain 2-days like that in real life. Just not enough free time and I'm pretty sure it would burn me out even if I did.

So, my thanks to you for developing kolproxy.

BC_Goldman
My Pie Blown Sky High

Post by BC_Goldman » Sat Apr 14, 2012 11:23 pm

Does the automation script handle rejecting the Knights and Ladies noncom?

lordnapalm
Just Plain Old Pie

Post by lordnapalm » Thu Apr 26, 2012 7:55 am

Eleron, I wanted to take KoLproxy for a spin. I'm using V3.0 rc alpha1. I am currently in the middle of an SC Boris run. When I click the Automate SCBoris Ascension link from the main page, the script eventually tries to equip the Knob Elite outfit and fails. Yes, for those keeping score at home, I wasn't thinking and grabbed the KGE on a semi-rare.

I have tried deleting KoLProxy (and everything else in it's directory) and re-extracting the files. Nothing changes; it always trips over trying to equip the KGE. I sold the polearm but that didn't stop it.

Do you have any idea what might be causing this? Is there any additional info I can provide?

Eleron
Has a thing!

Post by Eleron » Tue May 01, 2012 11:36 am

lordnapalm wrote:When I click the Automate SCBoris Ascension link from the main page, the script eventually tries to equip the Knob Elite outfit and fails. Yes, for those keeping score at home, I wasn't thinking and grabbed the KGE on a semi-rare.

I sold the polearm but that didn't stop it.
I moved this to the ascension script thread. Are you sure you sold/closeted the outfit, and didn't have two polearms or somesuch? Worst-case you could look for what it spits out and search for that in the script and edit it, but just getting rid of the outfit *should* be enough, so let me know if there's something I need to fix there.

Eleron
Has a thing!

Post by Eleron » Tue May 01, 2012 12:05 pm

Responding to neminem's ascension script questions on GD: http://forums.kingdomofloathing.com/vb/ ... stcount=91
neminem wrote:Would be nice if there was a warning if you started scripting ascension without the crumhorn (or, would be nicer if it would just pull a dictionary and get the crumhorn for you...)

Would be nice if it would open the rain-doh for you when you pull it.
Relatedly, would be nice if its macro could adjust for whether it was visiting places with adjusted ml higher than your muscle can hit, and use an orange agent if you have one, or in an emergency, heroic belch.
Well first off, always use the latest version if you want the best automation. You'll also get quite a bit more automation if you have 14+ boris points to start, go wombat+astral shirt+astral energy drinks, and pull 4x moon pie, 2x milk of magnesium, 1x wrecked generator before starting the run. [ http://www.houeland.com/kolproxy/wiki/A ... ay_SCBoris ]
neminem wrote:This was one version ago, but I'd used all my Super Vision (from the GAP pants) while adventuring manually, then started automation. It tried and failed to use Super Vision after every turn, all through the +items subzone of the cyrpt. Could be fixed, though.

Relatedly, a couple ascensions ago, I noticed that it was adventuring in the bedroom at level 8, during which after every turn, it would equip the crown of the goblin king and the stinky cheese diaper, then unequip them in favor of boris's helm and the gap pants.

And related to that... I've noticed sometimes it continues to equip the stinky cheese diaper even though it's already fully charged, when wearing the gap pants would give a stat buff?
Yeah probably does all those things, but as long as it doesn't cause problems I'll probably focus more on things that make it stop automation. The turn-playing scripts are quite different beasts compared to kolproxy itself. They just try to get things done and get out of the way so you don't have to care :)
neminem wrote:I haven't always seen it get the xp-buffing shower buff while automating; in fact, I'm not sure it ever does? Would seem like a good idea if it doesn't.

Would be nice if there was a way for it to not automatically open the knob goblin lunchbox I picked up when I realized I had no particular need of the SR I'd already eaten the cookie to set up.
Yeah script is only using shower for MP if needed, and leaving it unused if not. You can closet anything you want the script to ignore. (Also, make sure to vamp out each day, that's a much bigger thing it's not doing :P)
neminem wrote:Would be nice if there was an option to tell it I'm going for a 3 day, and to thus not waste a pull on a mojo filter (and waste a mojo filter) eating two energy drinks day 2, when it could just eat the third one day 3.
For a standard 3-day it would normally use 1x AED on day 2 and 2x on day 3. It sounds like you might want to just 2-day instead, since that's what the ascension script thinks you're aiming for :)
neminem wrote:Would also be nice if there was an option to tell it to set the quartet song to +items and use the ring of conflict I pulled when it wants maximal +nc.
Wellllll, you could edit it to do that I suppose, but not sure that's something you should be doing. I guess I should add some ring of conflict support sometime anyway, it just hasn't been important for anything yet.
neminem wrote:Two ascensions ago, upon hitting level 13 (in scboris), after a bunch of powerleveling, it said "finished... /automate-ascension-hcnp-day1000". Despite the powerleveling, it still had part of the level 11 quest (specifically, the hidden temple and spookyraven), I hit start automation again, it said that again. Had to finish the level 11 quest manually.
Sounds like it got confused by something due to doing things differently when playing manually. I'd guess the hidden temple, and I'll look into that.
neminem wrote:Then last ascension, it said the same thing midway through day 2 - after saying "shore trips taken so far: 2", it tried to make the dingy dinghy, which obviously failed. Said the same thing each time I restarted it - had to do the other 3 shore trips and make the dinghy, after which it worked again.
What's failing is getting the expected tower item. I'll make it say that and not just what it's doing, but that's the reason. Almost certainly because it hasn't been long enough since your previous shore trip. I suppose even wasting 3 turns to get it later would be better than stopping though.

neminem
Just Plain Old Pie

Post by neminem » Fri May 04, 2012 2:44 pm

Responses! Yeah, I know I said I was going to respond a couple days ago, but I didn't, so sue me. I'm responding now, though. :p
Eleron wrote:
neminem wrote:Would be nice if there was a warning if you started scripting ascension without the crumhorn (or, would be nicer if it would just pull a dictionary and get the crumhorn for you...)
Would be nice if it would open the rain-doh for you when you pull it.
Relatedly, would be nice if its macro could adjust for whether it was visiting places with adjusted ml higher than your muscle can hit, and use an orange agent if you have one, or in an emergency, heroic belch.
Well first off, always use the latest version if you want the best automation. You'll also get quite a bit more automation if you have 14+ boris points to start, go wombat+astral shirt+astral energy drinks, and pull 4x moon pie, 2x milk of magnesium, 1x wrecked generator before starting the run. [ http://www.houeland.com/kolproxy/wiki/A ... ay_SCBoris ]
I'm slightly confused as to what my choice of food and booze pulls or my choice of moon sign would have to do with whether it uses orange agent and/or heroic belch as opposed to futilely attempting to attack things you can't hit with your weapon? I do understand why going moxie sign would affect whether it starts by getting a crumhorn, though would it be that difficult to add to the default behavior, "if muscle sign, pull a dictionary and make a meatcar"? (Though I also could, and probably will, also just give in and go moxie.) As for why I didn't pull that set of food and booze... cause, they're expensive, and you can do 3d runs trivially eating basically nothing but s'mores, seems like a good reason to me? (Plus then you have mega-epic-quality s'smores to eat in aftercore.)
Eleron wrote:
neminem wrote:I haven't always seen it get the xp-buffing shower buff while automating; in fact, I'm not sure it ever does? Would seem like a good idea if it doesn't.

Would be nice if there was a way for it to not automatically open the knob goblin lunchbox I picked up when I realized I had no particular need of the SR I'd already eaten the cookie to set up.
Yeah script is only using shower for MP if needed, and leaving it unused if not. You can closet anything you want the script to ignore. (Also, make sure to vamp out each day, that's a much bigger thing it's not doing :P)
It's not vamping out cause I don't have fangs - that said, I would point out that having Boris's helm makes mp pretty much meaningless in SCBoris. I'm at max mp pretty much all the time, with nothing to use it on.

As for closeting the lunchbox... it's difficult to closet something you just picked up, that got used the millisecond it dropped :p.
Eleron wrote:
neminem wrote:Would be nice if there was an option to tell it I'm going for a 3 day, and to thus not waste a pull on a mojo filter (and waste a mojo filter) eating two energy drinks day 2, when it could just eat the third one day 3.
For a standard 3-day it would normally use 1x AED on day 2 and 2x on day 3. It sounds like you might want to just 2-day instead, since that's what the ascension script thinks you're aiming for :)
That does make sense why it would be doing that, then - I still say it'd be nice if there were an override somewhere letting you inform it that its hunch was wrong, and you don't actually expect to be able to finish in 2 days based on the turngen you pulled?
Eleron wrote:
neminem wrote:Would also be nice if there was an option to tell it to set the quartet song to +items and use the ring of conflict I pulled when it wants maximal +nc.
Wellllll, you could edit it to do that I suppose, but not sure that's something you should be doing. I guess I should add some ring of conflict support sometime anyway, it just hasn't been important for anything yet.
To be fair, that was a total niche case - I had been farming large boxen in aftercore, so I didn't feel like setting the song to +nc and then having to set it back afterwards. Now I have better things to do in aftercore anyway, like work on pvp minis, so whatever.

golden_cow2
Just Plain Old Pie

Post by golden_cow2 » Sat May 05, 2012 4:00 pm

Is Summon Alice Army Cards really necessary (for HCNP), because I'd much rather use my $10 on an Obtuse Angel than a Grimoire.

Eleron
Has a thing!

Post by Eleron » Sun May 06, 2012 1:02 am

golden_cow2 wrote:Is Summon Alice Army Cards really necessary (for HCNP), because I'd much rather use my $10 on an Obtuse Angel than a Grimoire.
Nah, you'll just have to sewer-level manually, that's all. Check http://www.houeland.com/kolproxy/wiki/A ... quirements

golden_cow2
Just Plain Old Pie

Post by golden_cow2 » Fri Jun 29, 2012 2:13 pm

Went and got it anyway. Here's the results from my two HCNP runs so far:

Run 1 (Pastamancer, astrals and signs as directed on wiki):
(Sorry, I don't have the log, also this was on rc3?) The script stopped somewhere in the bat hole, inexplicably (I believe it was on the beefy bats). I adventured once manually, kolproxy warned me about something PvP related, and the script worked after that.

Script broke down when it realized I didn't have sewer access. My fault, but you should put a warning on the automated ascension page in the wiki. I spend no further adventures day 1, waiting for permission from Bonus Adventures from Hell.

Day 2 of the run, I press that Day 1 button again. When the script attempts to sewer level, I get beaten up and the script stops. This repeats after I heal up and try again. Perhaps I need +init skills? I did not see if it was because I failed to get the jump or I just didn't deal enough damage. At this point I drop to casual for the world event.

Edit: Also, the script stopped because I needed more max mp. Glittery mascara did the trick, but I imagine non-myst classes would require +mp skills (ie, mark it on the wiki?)

Run 2 (Pastamancer, astrals and signs as directed on wiki):
Script stopped at the beefy bats again. Didn't start again until I killed two of them manually (error screen HERE)

Script stopped before sewer leveling to 6, wanting 70 mp. Not even mascara was enough, but a shot of the trivial skill did it. This should definitely be listed as a requirement (or at least a "minimal handholding" note).

Began sewer leveling, got the jump and noodles were cast. Script stopped, reminding me I did not have sauceguyser. Luckily Stringozzi and Canneloni made short work of the monsters.

And then I got beaten up 6 times due to losing the jump, stopping the script each time. If this is just a calculated risk, that's fine, but I don't have a tongue skill (got disco nap instead) and I can only cure beaten up five times a day. At this point, I quit for the day, spending no more adventures. Hopefully I can resume tomorrow and still pull out a 5 dayer.

My in-game name is also golden_cow2 if you want to check out my permed (or more relevant, unpermed) skills.

On an unrelated note, I just might not have gotten far enough in the script, but I never got any spleen items (via Stomping Boots, I don't have a Groose). It'd make more sense to stomp the lower leveled enemies, I'd have thunk.

EDIT: Continuing on, to day 2.
After getting beaten up 5 more times, I said bugger it, and used one of my pool buffs on initiative. Worked fine, hopefully it won't yell at me later.

Ran out of meat getting Hellion Cubes (in an attempt to buy mmj), selling things worked around that.

Got the same unexplained error above (the image), after the script tried "getting candles". I will continue adventuring manually (Side note: is there a command to restore hp; I've only been using this for the script so far).

After restarting the script many times (in an attempt to get it to heal/mana/rebuff me, or just work for that matter), I noticed it was "making hell broth" without actually doing anything. Or at least, I think it didn't do anything, as my fullness counter remains at 1.

After forgetting to heal, burning off three turns of beaten up, then doing it again, I gave up for the day.

FufuBunnySlayer
AFH

Post by FufuBunnySlayer » Mon Jul 16, 2012 5:29 pm

It seems to be dying meat-wise very often at the end of d1. Not enough meat to buy MMJ or something. Granted, I do not have polka HC permed, but I don't think this would be a result of that?

I don't know what it usually drinks d1, but I starfished for some inigo's MP and then realized it didn't have a crafting kit. :/ Sad bears, but I'm guessing that's intended. Though I do wonder what it's diet is supposed to be.

FufuBunnySlayer
AFH

Post by FufuBunnySlayer » Tue Jul 17, 2012 3:58 pm

Also:

Code: Select all

intercept.lua error: error running code (scripts/intercept.lua):
scripts/../scripts/base/util/api.lua:459: Wearing acc1:1245 after trying to wear shining halo (itemid:5234)
stack traceback:
	scripts/automation/setup.lua:33: in function 
	[C]: in function 'error'
	scripts/../scripts/base/util/api.lua:459: in function 'set_equipment'
	scripts/automation/scripts.lua:953: in function 'wear'
	scripts/automation/ascension.lua:4306: in function 'run_task'
	scripts/automation/ascension.lua:4364: in function 'automate_hcnp_day'
	scripts/automation/ascension.lua:4420: in function 
	(tail call): ?
	[C]: in function 'xpcall'
	[string "-- intercept.lua..."]:66: in function <[string "-- intercept.lua..."]:7>

stack traceback:
	scripts/automation/setup.lua:65: in function 
	[string "-- intercept.lua..."]:66: in function <[string "-- intercept.lua..."]:7>
{ Kolproxy automation script. }
I'm not sure what it wants to do. Is it confused by the codpiece replacing the cape?

EDIT: I removed the cape as an option in the setup script and moved the codpiece as an accessory item with the same conditions. It seems to have worked.

FufuBunnySlayer
AFH

Post by FufuBunnySlayer » Sat Jul 21, 2012 4:11 pm

FufuBunnySlayer wrote:It seems to be dying meat-wise very often at the end of d1. Not enough meat to buy MMJ or something. Granted, I do not have polka HC permed, but I don't think this would be a result of that?
And hardperming polka seems to have fixed. Though that could also be due to having FoJ on d1. >_>

FufuBunnySlayer
AFH

Post by FufuBunnySlayer » Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:14 am

Beta version 3.2 seems to be having issues with the alcove crypt in general. Everything is running smoothly but many combats were terminated because player HP dropped below 30%. It's happening fairly often in the alcove, cranny, and potentially other areas. I'll update as the script continues to run. Maybe just making the script cast cannon when it reaches that point instead of an abort would make automation smoother?

EDIT

This is a bug that has existed for a bit but I never thought to report it before now.

Code: Select all

intercept.lua error: error running code (scripts/intercept.lua):
scripts/../scripts/base/util/api.lua:497: Wearing hat:nil after trying to wear miner's helmet (itemid:360)
stack traceback:
	scripts/../scripts/base/util/api.lua:497: in function 'set_equipment'
	scripts/automation/scripts.lua:989: in function 'wear'
	scripts/automation/ascension.lua:3506: in function 'f'
	scripts/automation/ascension.lua:4394: in function 'run_task'
	scripts/automation/ascension.lua:4540: in function 'automate_hcnp_day'
	scripts/automation/ascension.lua:4593: in function 
	[C]: in function 'xpcall'

stack traceback:
	scripts/automation/setup.lua:65: in function 
To get around it, I've just been farming the miner outfit manually since the L8 revamp. Proxy is still using a couple old IDs for zones in the mountains. The one I notice is the eXtreme slope as clicking on the "Zone" link goes to a "You shouldn't be here" instead of to Mt. McLargeHuge.

Eleron
Has a thing!

Post by Eleron » Fri Oct 19, 2012 6:11 am

FufuBunnySlayer wrote:Proxy is still using a couple old IDs for zones in the mountains. The one I notice is the eXtreme slope as clicking on the "Zone" link goes to a "You shouldn't be here" instead of to Mt. McLargeHuge.
Assuming you mean the "Uh Oh! Invalid place." message, that's a server-side API bug. Throw a brick at CDM! :)

FufuBunnySlayer
AFH

Post by FufuBunnySlayer » Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:16 pm

I'll check on it next run to be sure.

EDIT: Yep, that's what it is.