Kolproxy ascension script

For stuff related to KoLmafia, KoLproxy, Ascension Log Visualizer, and greasemonkey scripts. Maybe other stuff too.
kain
Pie of the Sky

Re: kolproxy: A new game interface

Post by kain » Fri Sep 16, 2011 8:21 pm

Can I ask questions here about the ascension script part of kolproxy?

Eleron
Has a thing!

Post by Eleron » Sat Sep 17, 2011 12:01 pm

kain wrote:Can I ask questions here about the ascension script part of kolproxy?
Sure.

kain
Pie of the Sky

Post by kain » Sat Sep 17, 2011 8:17 pm

cool, first off, I'm just now getting around (yeah yeah, old habits die hard) to checking out your interface. I'm suitably impressed!

I'm checking it out because several folks talk HIGHLY about your ascension script. So I took a look, perm'd all the skills I could see in it that I needed, added a bunch of passives because I had a lot of surplus karma and ran it. I haven't had it halt looking for a particular skill yet, so I think I have the skills/familiars covered.

Wow, I think I was level 6 in like 30 turns. It stalled out at one point because I was <10 turns shortly thereafter, so I ate some stuff out of inventory and ran it again and it got stuck and wouldn't buy MMJs even though the guild was open. I think I horked something up because I got a tasty tart semi-rare manually during a part where it wouldn't 'go' ... but I fetched the knob outfit manually after that.

I think I found the answer, but my only real question is "how will I know when it's done for the day" and where should I expect it to end up at the end of each day?

I lied ... What should I have done with it stopped around level 6.5 with <10 turns remaining and it hadn't really eaten/drank? It seems fairly robust, I don't think I've put the script too far out (I had to get the KGE manually, but beyond that). Occasionally a combat will abort due to low health, but that's easily fixable and I can resume from it.

Thanks for releasing the tool AND the script, I'm looking forward to seeing what happens in this ascension.

big_mara
My Pie Blown Sky High

Post by big_mara » Sat Sep 17, 2011 9:32 pm

Can I ask a more basic question? (I'm going to assume the answer is yes.) I have tried this thing on multi occasions, perused the wiki, and asked around. I still cannot seem to find the ascension script in this thing. Am I missing a button or a feature?

Eleron
Has a thing!

Post by Eleron » Sun Sep 18, 2011 8:59 am

kain wrote:cool, first off, I'm just now getting around (yeah yeah, old habits die hard) to checking out your interface. I'm suitably impressed!
Thanks.
kain wrote:It stalled out at one point because I was <10 turns shortly thereafter, so I ate some stuff out of inventory and ran it again and it got stuck and wouldn't buy MMJs even though the guild was open. I think I horked something up because I got a tasty tart semi-rare manually during a part where it wouldn't 'go' ... but I fetched the knob outfit manually after that.

I think I found the answer, but my only real question is "how will I know when it's done for the day" and where should I expect it to end up at the end of each day?

I lied ... What should I have done with it stopped around level 6.5 with <10 turns remaining and it hadn't really eaten/drank? It seems fairly robust, I don't think I've put the script too far out (I had to get the KGE manually, but beyond that). Occasionally a combat will abort due to low health, but that's easily fixable and I can resume from it.
It'll stop and say "TODO: end of day 1. (pvp,) overdrink" after getting liver, and then you chug your bucket of wine and you're done.

About it stopping, that really depends on why it stopped. Can you track down why that happened? What was your fullness/drunkenness/spleen? Meat/hellion cubes?

Have you changed anything in the script? Do you not have pumpkins? Did it run quite low on meat? Was it just really unlucky somehow and didn't get to pick up wine SR or find hellion cubes before running out of turns? It wants to eat 2x hell ramen day 1, mostly with turngen from beer+wines+pixie sticks to get there.

Are you missing VIP key or any meaningful skills? It shouldn't really run low on HP much on day 1 if you have everything.
big_mara wrote:Can I ask a more basic question? (I'm going to assume the answer is yes.) I have tried this thing on multi occasions, perused the wiki, and asked around. I still cannot seem to find the ascension script in this thing. Am I missing a button or a feature?
The setting to enable Eleron's personal ascension script that is (well, was) not suitable for the public at large is invisible. Go to scripts/base/settings-page.lua and remove the -- in front of the "Enable ascension automation" line to make it visible. I think I'll just leave this visible in future versions, since it's probably the most popular part now anyway :p

kain
Pie of the Sky

Post by kain » Sun Sep 18, 2011 2:18 pm

The first time it stopped (and I was working at the time, so I wasn't paying strict attention) it stopped because I was <10 turns. I think it probably just didn't get to the wine semi in time. I ate/drank some stuff manually and it continued. It stopped because I, at one point, was low on meat.

During the cyrpt, it was stasising with the rogue program/salve, but eventually I'd get lower than 30% hp and the combat macro would quit. I'd just cast stringozzi manually and continue and most of the time it'd go for another 5-7 turns before falling below 30% hp in combat. I was probably just unlucky. I will make sure I have all the passive +HP skills permed.

I have a VIP and what I think are all the relevant skills. Even if it stops a couple of times, I'm very impressed how fast it's going.

I did just discover that I can't easily use dropbox to move from one computer to another (Win7->ubuntu, and vice versa) which is no real big deal, I'll just keep playing on my work laptop.

Eleron
Has a thing!

Post by Eleron » Mon Sep 19, 2011 8:56 am

kain wrote:I did just discover that I can't easily use dropbox to move from one computer to another (Win7->ubuntu, and vice versa) which is no real big deal, I'll just keep playing on my work laptop.
Load/store settings from the kolproxy settings page?

kain
Pie of the Sky

Post by kain » Mon Sep 19, 2011 9:07 am

Ah hah! I didn't know what that button did, so I was loathe to push it! I shall try it out.

--edit, so as not to double post --

It built the staff of fats, but did not unlock the oasis and pyramid. It did absolutely everything else, though, including the chasm and finishing the war. I didn't have enough turns left (10) to complete the lair and get a 4-dayer so I unlocked the oasis manually and then overdrank on a bucket of wine and we'll see what happens tomorrow. Very impressive.

NardoLoopa
Market Manipulator

Post by NardoLoopa » Tue Sep 20, 2011 6:34 am

Since it means easy extra karma, I decided to finally try KoLProxy. Seems I'm having a little trouble getting started:

Got this on HCFist Day 1 about 4 commands into the run (no turns yet). V2.19:

Code: Select all

[1] extending tmm+mojo (level 3.16, 42 turns remaining, 1 full, 0 drunk, 0 spleen, 20 meat, 30 MP)
lua.hs error: <socket: 29>: Data.ByteString.hGetLine: end of file
lua error!
lua error, top = 2
lua error: <socket: 29>: Data.ByteString.hGetLine: end of file
traceback: 
stack traceback:
	[C]: in function 'raw_submit_page'
	scripts/base/util.lua:368: in function <scripts/base/util.lua:352>
	(tail call): ?
	scripts/automation/ascension.lua:308: in function 'f'
	scripts/automation/ascension.lua:1670: in function 'automate_hcnp_day'
	scripts/automation/ascension.lua:1819: in function <scripts/automation/ascension.lua:1790>
	[string "-- check for valid pwd!..."]:238: in main chunk
intercept.lua error: error running code (scripts/intercept.lua):
<socket: 29>: Data.ByteString.hGetLine: end of file

stack traceback:
	scripts/base/util.lua:368: in function <scripts/base/util.lua:352>
	scripts/automation/ascension.lua:308: in function 'f'
	scripts/automation/ascension.lua:1819: in function <scripts/automation/ascension.lua:1790>
Running Linux (Debian Squeeze). Suggestions?

Eleron
Has a thing!

Post by Eleron » Tue Sep 20, 2011 8:49 am

NardoLoopa wrote:

lua.hs error: <socket: 29>: Data.ByteString.hGetLine: end of file
Running Linux (Debian Squeeze). Suggestions?
Well, that's network IO issues.

Is your internet unstable? I'm not really sure there's much kolproxy can do about it, unless it's triggering some sort of bug. There's trying again and hoping you don't get more connection problems.

(I suppose the ascension script could possibly be hacked to just try again on connection errors, but you have a page that's known to not have loaded correctly and that's not great.)

NardoLoopa
Market Manipulator

Post by NardoLoopa » Tue Sep 20, 2011 4:00 pm

Nope, no unusual issues lately. I'll give it another try when I get home.

NardoLoopa
Market Manipulator

Post by NardoLoopa » Tue Sep 20, 2011 8:40 pm

Restarting worked fine. After a bunch of turns I ended up with this:

V2.19

[62] getting hellion cubes (level 6.03, 15 turns remaining, 2 full, 5 drunk, 8 spleen, 527 meat, 35 MP)
  casting buff	Smooth Movements
  casting buff	The Sonata of Sneakiness
  casting buff	Fat Leon's Phat Loot Lyric
  buying item	soda water	1
  shrugging buff	The Moxious Madrigal	nil
  casting buff	Fat Leon's Phat Loot Lyric
  unequipping 	familiarequip
  buying item	soda water	1
lua error!
lua error, top = 2
lua error: scripts/automation/ascension.lua:652: TODO: Eat/drink in fist
traceback: 
stack traceback:
	[C]: in function 'error'
	scripts/automation/ascension.lua:652: in function 'f'
scripts/automation/ascension.lua:652: TODO: Eat/drink in fist

stack traceback:
	scripts/automation/ascension.lua:652: in function 'f'

kain
Pie of the Sky

Post by kain » Tue Sep 20, 2011 8:51 pm

Me too nardo! I'm in HC AT Fist and I'm at 15/14/12 and I'm getting the same message:

[160] fight king in harem girl outfit (level 7.20, 6 turns remaining, 15 full, 14 drunk, 12 spleen, 60 meat, 70 MP)
  unequipping 	familiarequip
[162] buying hermit permit (level 7.23, 4 turns remaining, 15 full, 14 drunk, 12 spleen, 560 meat, 74 MP)
  buying item	hermit permit	
[162] trading for clover (level 7.23, 4 turns remaining, 15 full, 14 drunk, 12 spleen, 460 meat, 74 MP)
[162] buying hermit permit (level 7.23, 4 turns remaining, 15 full, 14 drunk, 12 spleen, 460 meat, 74 MP)
  buying item	hermit permit	
[162] get worthless item (level 7.23, 4 turns remaining, 15 full, 14 drunk, 12 spleen, 360 meat, 74 MP)
  buying item	chewing gum on a string	
[162] get worthless item (level 7.23, 4 turns remaining, 15 full, 14 drunk, 12 spleen, 310 meat, 74 MP)
  buying item	chewing gum on a string	
lua error!
lua error, top = 2
lua error: scripts/automation/ascension.lua:847: Unexpected fullness/drunkenness/spleen at end of day 1
traceback: 
stack traceback:
	scripts/automation/ascension.lua:847: in function 'f'
scripts/automation/ascension.lua:847: Unexpected fullness/drunkenness/spleen at end of day 1

stack traceback:
	scripts/automation/ascension.lua:847: in function 'f'

Last bit it was doing was trying to get liver, get encryption key, yray harem girl, get RnR, kill the goblin king, and then, get worthless items.

Eleron
Has a thing!

Post by Eleron » Tue Sep 20, 2011 9:08 pm

Eating/drinking isn't entirely automated in fist (yet), so yeah, you might have to help it out. Just get some more turns from booze (or spleen) to reach Hell ramen without eating, and drink to 19 at the end of the day.

EDIT: I changed it to display errors differently depending on severity, so it's not so big and red and scary. Most ascension script stops are easy enough to fix and then you can just click the link again to continue automating.

big_mara
My Pie Blown Sky High

Post by big_mara » Wed Sep 21, 2011 7:03 am

When it is telling me my myst or muscle is too low is it trying to do the DD or something? It has paused the last two days until I buff those. It seems odd that it can't cast mojo or power ballad on its own since it doesn't run three AT buffs most of the time. Also, does the script usually end days with more than 153 turns banked?

EDIT: lol. just hit level 10 and now the script wants to use Stringozzi Serpent. I have around 140 skills permed and that's one of the few I don't have >.> Is there a list of skills I need that I'm missing? I looked through the documentation already.

Eleron
Has a thing!

Post by Eleron » Wed Sep 21, 2011 8:26 am

Yeah, it says something like "DD: Too low muscle" doesn't it? I'll see about getting it to cast songs to buff those when needed soon.

Script documentation has been started at http://www.houeland.com/kolproxy/wiki/A ... automation

Also, stringozzi is the best combat skill, get it already! =)

(You can change serpent_action() in scripts/automation/macros.lua to something else, but nothing's really as good as stringozzi!)

Emanon
Pie of the Sky

Post by Emanon » Wed Sep 21, 2011 5:43 pm

Finally got the last 3 skills I needed to use the automation. Very impressed! After a few weeks of having to pay attention to my runs, the 30 minutes this took to do day one was an awesome change. I might even be able to do my homework now!

Thanks a bunch Eleron.

big_mara
My Pie Blown Sky High

Post by big_mara » Wed Sep 21, 2011 10:22 pm

Eleron wrote:Yeah, it says something like "DD: Too low muscle" doesn't it? I'll see about getting it to cast songs to buff those when needed soon.

Script documentation has been started at http://www.houeland.com/kolproxy/wiki/A ... automation

Also, stringozzi is the best combat skill, get it already! =)

(You can change serpent_action() in scripts/automation/macros.lua to something else, but nothing's really as good as stringozzi!)

Buffing myself isn't a problem. It's mostly a concern because I can't see what the script is doing so I've been giving it 10 or so minutes to run. Thanks for the link. Stringozzi is the only one I don't have (I'll argue with you abou it being the best combat skill at your convenience). Otherwise, the script worked amazingly days 1 and 2. I look forward to further exploring the magic that is your thing.

kain
Pie of the Sky

Post by kain » Fri Sep 23, 2011 7:37 am

HC Fist day 4. It did the daily visits and then immediately gives the following red text:

scripts/automation/ascension.lua:912: attempt to index global 'f' (a function value)

stack traceback:
	scripts/automation/ascension.lua:912: in function 'f'
	scripts/automation/ascension.lua:1819: in function 

{ Kolproxy automation script. }
Line 912 looks like it is checking for an RR legend and turtle totem (which I have)
Line 1670 is checking for a detuned radio (which I did not have, but had not previously mattered) but I had surplus meat so I bought one
Line 1819 looks like it is doing .... I'm not entirely sure.

Eleron
Has a thing!

Post by Eleron » Sun Sep 25, 2011 11:58 am

kain wrote:scripts/automation/ascension.lua:912: attempt to index global 'f' (a function value)
That's fixed, thanks! It was running some code that only worked while that bit of code was in scripts.lua, not ascension.lua. (You seemed to be looking at line 812 when figuring it out, btw.)

kain
Pie of the Sky

Post by kain » Sun Sep 25, 2011 12:45 pm

Ah hah, reading the right line for the win! I ended up commenting the line out f.heal_up() this morning and it worked ... I was just getting ready to come post about it.

Also, am I supposed to be doing the oasis/pyramid manually? In my otherwise flawless fist run, I had to do the oasis and pyramid manually.

NardoLoopa
Market Manipulator

Post by NardoLoopa » Sun Sep 25, 2011 3:07 pm

kain wrote:Also, am I supposed to be doing the oasis/pyramid manually? In my otherwise flawless fist run, I had to do the oasis and pyramid manually.
Huh. That happened to me too. I thought I muffed up something with the day-count. I ended up doing it manually after hitting lvl 13 and finishing the war. Same for DoD potions - though that could be for teleportation tek.

Eleron
Has a thing!

Post by Eleron » Sun Sep 25, 2011 6:59 pm

There was an issue where it would skip oasis/desert if it didn't finish it on day 3. DoD potions just aren't automated yet. But, go test out the scary new 2.20a-testing, with some improvements and lots of hidden infrastructural changes >.<

kain
Pie of the Sky

Post by kain » Sun Sep 25, 2011 8:26 pm

Eleron wrote:There was an issue where it would skip oasis/desert if it didn't finish it on day 3. DoD potions just aren't automated yet. But, go test out the scary new 2.20a-testing, with some improvements and lots of hidden infrastructural changes >.<
Ah hah, so we're admitting that our runs are slower than yours!

<downloads 2.20a-testing>

FufuBunnySlayer
AFH

Post by FufuBunnySlayer » Mon Sep 26, 2011 11:10 pm

I love seeing the full skill list up. I'm curious about the "required" familiars. I'm hoping if you don't have one/some, then Proxy can still function? I mean, aside from the basic fams. My concerns are the grinder, boots, and hatrack, because those are the ones I lack (and have no desire to buy).

lotsofphil
Leader of rum ham

Post by lotsofphil » Tue Sep 27, 2011 2:35 pm

FufuBunnySlayer wrote:I love seeing the full skill list up. I'm curious about the "required" familiars. I'm hoping if you don't have one/some, then Proxy can still function? I mean, aside from the basic fams. My concerns are the grinder, boots, and hatrack, because those are the ones I lack (and have no desire to buy).
Assuming the script YRs a mariachi, I can see hatracklack being a large change.

kain
Pie of the Sky

Post by kain » Tue Sep 27, 2011 3:56 pm

Yeah, from the couple of runs I've done so far, heavy heavy hatrack use. You could probably grep through for hatrack and substitute your favorite fairy, if you wanted too.

FufuBunnySlayer
AFH

Post by FufuBunnySlayer » Tue Sep 27, 2011 4:08 pm

Find&Replace function with hound dog for hatrack ya mean?

big_mara
My Pie Blown Sky High

Post by big_mara » Tue Sep 27, 2011 4:10 pm

Got this today:
Something unexpected happened: Error at end of day 3

Technical details:

scripts/automation/ascension.lua:1448: Error at end of day 3
stack traceback:
scripts/automation/ascension.lua:1880: in function
scripts/automation/ascension.lua:1873: in function 'critical'
scripts/automation/ascension.lua:1448: in function 'f'
scripts/automation/ascension.lua:1696: in function 'automate_hcnp_day'
scripts/automation/ascension.lua:1855: in function
[C]: in function 'xpcall'
scripts/automation/ascension.lua:1880: in function
FoB was on day of this run, fwiw. I am terrible at interpreting outputy stuff.

Eleron
Has a thing!

Post by Eleron » Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:20 pm

big_mara wrote:Something unexpected happened: Error at end of day 3
That probably means it didn't eat on day 3? Just eat up (to 30) and continue :)
FufuBunnySlayer wrote:Find&Replace function with hound dog for hatrack ya mean?
You could just change what "switch to hatrack" means, but I don't think I'd run the fist script without a hatrack. It's pretty significant to have a sombrero, and the script is tuned to use it. HCNP automation doesn't use the hatrack at all though, so maybe you should try that?

I guess you could still just run fist without a hatrack though, and probably finish in 5-6 days, which is still good =)

FufuBunnySlayer
AFH

Post by FufuBunnySlayer » Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:26 pm

HCNP is what I'm gunning for. I still need to hardperm 5 skills and update another 3, but it's good to know that the hatrack is not necessary!

Grinder/Boots for HCNP?

Eleron
Has a thing!

Post by Eleron » Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:48 pm

FufuBunnySlayer wrote:HCNP is what I'm gunning for. I still need to hardperm 5 skills and update another 3, but it's good to know that the hatrack is not necessary!

Grinder/Boots for HCNP?
Fewer skills are needed for Fist and there's more karma, but yeah HCNP is even less hassle to run if you have everything.

Just change grinder familiarid to rogue program's instead. For the boots, probably easiest to remove the code for doing runaways in the spooky forest and just eat the couple of extra turns.

FufuBunnySlayer
AFH

Post by FufuBunnySlayer » Sat Oct 08, 2011 2:18 pm

Woo, thanks Eleron. Though I just may be picking up the boots after all :'(

lotsofphil
Leader of rum ham

Post by lotsofphil » Sat Oct 15, 2011 7:56 am

First click. 2.21b-testing. Windows.

scripts/automation/settings.lua:191: bad argument #1 to 'insert' (table expected, got nil)
stack traceback:
	scripts/automation/ascension.lua:1962: in function 
	[C]: in function 'insert'
	scripts/automation/settings.lua:191: in function 'get_ascension_automation_settings'
	scripts/automation/scripts.lua:173: in function 'use_and_sell_items'
	scripts/automation/ascension.lua:140: in function 'automate_hcnp_day'
	scripts/automation/ascension.lua:1937: in function 
	scripts/automation/ascension.lua:1962: in function 

stack traceback:
	scripts/automation/ascension.lua:1983: in function 
commented ghostly and astral out from the end of settings.lua and it worked

lotsofphil
Leader of rum ham

Post by lotsofphil » Thu Oct 20, 2011 10:05 am

Got me a 4-day fist with minimal effort. Thanks eleron :)

NardoLoopa
Market Manipulator

Post by NardoLoopa » Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:05 pm

2.24-2

Day-4:

: hGetBuf: resource vanished (Connection reset by peer)
stack traceback:
	scripts/automation/ascension.lua:1981: in function 
	scripts/base/util.lua:416: in function 
Clicked to continue and it played a few turns (5) then:

: hGetBuf: resource vanished (Connection reset by peer)
stack traceback:
	scripts/base/util.lua:416: in function 
	scripts/automation/ascension.lua:82: in function 'refresh_quest'
	scripts/automation/ascension.lua:84: in function 'automate_hcnp_day'
	scripts/automation/ascension.lua:1955: in function 

stack traceback:
	scripts/automation/ascension.lua:2002: in function 
(I never know if I should file a Bug, or if this is a mis-understanding of how the tool works.

NardoLoopa
Market Manipulator

Post by NardoLoopa » Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:35 pm

Day-2, HCFist 2.24-2:
Something unexpected happened: Semirare soon, without fortune cookie numbers
So I ate a fortune cookie, but still get the message. How do I proceed?

NardoLoopa
Market Manipulator

Post by NardoLoopa » Wed Nov 16, 2011 3:30 pm

So, Eleron, how well does 26 support HC Trendy? (for autoascension, I mean)

NardoLoopa
Market Manipulator

Post by NardoLoopa » Wed Nov 16, 2011 5:29 pm

Yeah, wasn't sure if skills were addressed along with that fix, since the script often uses SpSer. Also, wasn't sure if all classes are supported, etc.

I'll start running it tonight, though.

NardoLoopa
Market Manipulator

Post by NardoLoopa » Wed Nov 16, 2011 5:50 pm

scripts/automation/scripts.lua:516: attempt to call local 'ptf' (a string value)
stack traceback:
[string "-- TODO? check for valid pwd!..."]:250: in function <[string "-- TODO? check for valid pwd!..."]:57>
Well, that didn't get very far.

Eleron
Has a thing!

Post by Eleron » Wed Nov 16, 2011 6:07 pm

NardoLoopa wrote:So, Eleron, how well does 26 support HC Trendy? (for autoascension, I mean)
Not very well yet :P

It doesn't know how to get spleen, and there's no he-boulder.

kain
Pie of the Sky

Post by kain » Fri Nov 18, 2011 10:38 am

Eleron wrote:
NardoLoopa wrote:So, Eleron, how well does 26 support HC Trendy? (for autoascension, I mean)
Not very well yet :P

It doesn't know how to get spleen, and there's no he-boulder.
optimal class/astral consumables/astral pet?

NardoLoopa
Market Manipulator

Post by NardoLoopa » Fri Nov 18, 2011 1:53 pm

I'm a PM with Astral Pilsner and Astral Shirt.

I just finished day-3. Eleron has been helping me move past some of the limitations in the script that I've found. Otherwise, things look pretty good.

NardoLoopa
Market Manipulator

Post by NardoLoopa » Sat Nov 19, 2011 12:07 am

Well, the script fell short of a 4-day HC-Trendy. Mostly this is due to not utilizing spleen at all. I ended at the lair (not having all items, which is normal for the script) after doing some manual spleening and using borrowed time. Before that it ended with 90% of the WAR finished.

A few remaining bugs:
- It tries to get Mental Acuity for Ed
- For some reason it fails to fight the WAR boss, returning an error in the first round of combat.
- many of the combats stopped the script because it ran out of MP and didn't use Cannon to finish off the mob.
- doesn't use yellow-ray from unbearable light, so you need to do that yourself.

Otherwise, things look pretty good.

big_mara
My Pie Blown Sky High

Post by big_mara » Sat Nov 19, 2011 8:47 am

NardoLoopa wrote: - It tries to get Mental Acuity for Ed
- For some reason it fails to fight the WAR boss, returning an error in the first round of combat.
I've had this happen the last few runs. Additionally, I've had to manually flyer for about 20 turns to finish that side zone.

kain
Pie of the Sky

Post by kain » Sat Nov 19, 2011 9:09 am

I'm on day 2 of a trendy run (AT, pilsners, shirt) and aside from not getting any spleen on day 1 (which I did manually) the only big problem was continually running out of MP to buff and run combats. I don't know that that's a script issue, probably more like a lack-of-good-stuff issue.

Day 2, had far fewer MP problems (I did notice that it didn't get the dispensary password on it's own) and I had to unbearable light a dwarf miner manually (which was expected) but it did drink a dozen or so imported beer instead of stopping and prompting me to mix cocktails. I think it does this in no-path, too. Day 2 completed without any real major issues.

I think there's probably a lot of room for stomping stuff into spleeny-goodness. On day 1, I did a little manual meatfarming to buy MP and I used the boots to pretty quickly get 3 pastes in the treasury.

NardoLoopa
Market Manipulator

Post by NardoLoopa » Sat Nov 26, 2011 1:34 am

HC Trend: S Day 1, 2.27b

[23] drinking pumpkin and overpriced beer (level 3.91, 21 turns remaining, 2 full, 0 drunk, 0 spleen, 2048 meat, 69 MP)
  buying item	fermenting powder	
  casting buff	Ode to Booze
  drinking item	pumpkin beer
  drinking item	tobiko-infused sake
  buying item	overpriced "imported" beer	1
  drinking item	overpriced "imported" beer
  buying item	overpriced "imported" beer	1
  drinking item	overpriced "imported" beer
httpreq error for /inv_booze.php: thread blocked indefinitely in an MVar operation
httpreq error for /api.php: thread blocked indefinitely in an MVar operation
httpreq error for /api.php: thread blocked indefinitely in an MVar operation
Something unexpected happened: Failed to drink...
Not sure what that's all about.

Fred Nefler
AFH

Post by Fred Nefler » Sat Nov 26, 2011 3:34 am

Looks like you got a connection timeout.

Eleron
Has a thing!

Post by Eleron » Sun Nov 27, 2011 6:18 am

Yep, that's a connection error. I want to make those errors more specific and understandable, but the problem was on your network. (As people have gotten used to, anything saying MVar is due to stuff timing out, but you're not supposed to have to learn that :P)

kain
Pie of the Sky

Post by kain » Mon Nov 28, 2011 11:21 pm

I grabbed the version you just spun. Day 4 of the automation script has failed (and I confess, I didn't snag the error) when it was trying to decypher the hidden city wines. I had to run that manually.

The next place it stopped was the stupid 'tile' game in the hidden temple. I got this error during the script AND hitting the {solve puzzle} link at the bottom of the puzzle.

stack traceback:
        scripts/automation/ascension.lua:2036: in function <scripts/automation/ascension.lua:2000>
        [string "-- intercept.lua..."]:233: in function <[string "-- intercept.lua..."]:41>
lua-call error!
lua-call error, top = 2
lua-call error: [string "-- intercept.lua..."]:23: attempt to call global 'async_post_page' (a nil value)
call-traceback:
stack traceback:
        [string "-- intercept.lua..."]:23: in function 'choose'
        [string "-- intercept.lua..."]:25: in function 'automate_tiles'
        [string "-- intercept.lua..."]:90: in function <[string "-- intercept.lua..."]:41>
[string "-- intercept.lua..."]:23: attempt to call global 'async_post_page' (a nil value)

stack traceback:
        [string "-- intercept.lua..."]:23: in function 'choose'
        [string "-- intercept.lua..."]:25: in function 'automate_tiles'
        [string "-- intercept.lua..."]:90: in function <[string "-- intercept.lua..."]:41>
I'll post if anything else comes up.

kain
Pie of the Sky

Post by kain » Fri Dec 30, 2011 8:30 am

Seems like dance cards are being believed to fire on turn 3 instead of 4 turns later? I had to adventure manually once in the ballroom every time a dance card counter came up.

Eleron
Has a thing!

Post by Eleron » Tue Jan 03, 2012 7:15 am

kain wrote:Seems like dance cards are being believed to fire on turn 3 instead of 4 turns later? I had to adventure manually once in the ballroom every time a dance card counter came up.
Aha, I think I know what you mean. It's that the ascension script stops and says "Didn't find rotting matilda on dance card turn" on the dance card turn instead of actually going there?

That was caused by work on getting adventure warnings to trigger while auto-adventuring, and it actually got an "Are you sure?" warning page instead of Rotting Matilda, because the ballroom zone check only worked right for manual adventuring. Fixed.

kain
Pie of the Sky

Post by kain » Tue Jan 03, 2012 8:25 am

Yeah, that's it exactly. Sorry I wasn't clearer

NardoLoopa
Market Manipulator

Post by NardoLoopa » Fri Jan 06, 2012 6:35 am

V2.30a: HCNP Trendy PM
- Day1: Still very low on meat around the Friar's. Likely due to the cost of running Empathy.
- Day1: Also, ran low on adventures after getting the Steel Liver so had to end the day manually -- not sure what else was on the agenda, but my spleen was empty (note: spleen use was fine on days 2-3 so far).

V2.30b:
- Day3: Tried to yellow ray a hippy before completing the shore (only 2 shore trips)

[312] do trapper quest (level 8.66, 153 turns remaining, 0 full, 0 drunk, 12 spleen, 7787 meat, 90 MP)
  casting buff	Astral Shell
  changed familiar	Exotic Parrot

[312] make dingy dinghy (level 8.66, 153 turns remaining, 0 full, 0 drunk, 12 spleen, 12879 meat, 80 MP)
[312] shore for dinghy plans (level 8.66, 153 turns remaining, 0 full, 0 drunk, 12 spleen, 12879 meat, 80 MP)

[315] summoning unbearable light (no he-boulder in trendy) (level 8.66, 150 turns remaining, 0 full, 0 drunk, 12 spleen, 12471 meat, 80 MP)
[315] yellow raying hippy (level 8.66, 150 turns remaining, 0 full, 0 drunk, 12 spleen, 12471 meat, 78 MP)
  casting buff	Carlweather's Cantata of Confrontation
Using fallback familiar	He-Boulder	->	Leprechaun
  changed familiar	Leprechaun
finished...	http://www.kingdomofloathing.com/adventure.php
Otherwise, things look pretty good (Day3 complete).

kain
Pie of the Sky

Post by kain » Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:22 pm

following nardo's HC PM Trendy run, I tried one (I'm now on my second run)

I think the script, should, in general, snag the free 1000 meat from the guild for starting the nemesis quest. I found that this meat, combined with friar quest non-combats was usually enough to get me through day 1.

NardoLoopa
Market Manipulator

Post by NardoLoopa » Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:05 am

3.0 looks pretty good -- I'm just completing my second HCTrendy as a PM. No major issues.

Eleron
Has a thing!

Kolproxy ascension script

Post by Eleron » Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:53 am

I'm splitting off the posts about the ascension script from the main kolproxy thread.

lotsofphil
Leader of rum ham

Re: Kolproxy ascension script

Post by lotsofphil » Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:07 am

Does it require a groose for trendy spleen?

Eleron
Has a thing!

Post by Eleron » Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:01 am

lotsofphil wrote:Does it require a groose for trendy spleen?
Currently only uses boots for spleen in trendy, and isn't very good at it on day 1 either :P

I'll get groose to at least be supported soon though, having one donated from Twillo and all :)

lotsofphil
Leader of rum ham

Post by lotsofphil » Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:17 am

Eleron wrote:
lotsofphil wrote:Does it require a groose for trendy spleen?
Currently only uses boots for spleen in trendy, and isn't very good at it on day 1 either :P

I'll get groose to at least be supported soon though, having one donated from Twillo and all :)
Ah, okay. It didn't fill spleen on D1 and I thought that was because I lacked a groose.

NardoLoopa
Market Manipulator

Post by NardoLoopa » Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:35 pm

Eleron wrote:Currently only uses boots for spleen in trendy, and isn't very good at it on day 1 either :P
I believe it uses the boots for spleen as an afterthought to everything else it is doing. It's the last thing it does before prepping for rollover. So, this only works out if you have enough adventures after everything else on Day-1. Moving the boots up into the Friars' would probably be a good idea.

Eleron, I'm trying an HCNP as DB. On day-1 I'm running into MP problems.
Manual intervention required: Failed to reach 20 MP using galaktik
It would be nice if the script told me what it needed 20MP for. Even better, if I could tell it to skip it. So "Need 20MP for Empathy[x], and Leash[x]", where you can remove the Xs and continue in a sub-optimal way.

Or even better better: "Trying to find 3/5 bus passes. Need 20MP for Empathy[x] and Leash[x]"

Hmm, maybe it does something like the better+better. "Tried to perform: get dispensary password". Also, it's trying to buy Knob Seltzer before killing the king. And before getting the dispensary password.

Blah35
Pie in the Sky

Post by Blah35 » Thu Jan 19, 2012 6:42 pm

First off thanks for making this! I've always thought about how doing something like this but unfortunately I have almost zero scripting knowledge but as uni is about to start again I thought I might try this script out to actually give me some time to study and i've got a few questions, first do I need any certain tomes or librams to use this? Also I'm lacking a couple of familiars ( Organ Grinder BBB and Hound dog) How important are these to hitting 4 day HCNP runs and do I just need to cough up and just buy them or is there some way I can work around that? Thanks again

Emanon
Pie of the Sky

Post by Emanon » Wed Jan 25, 2012 2:45 am

Is there a way to stop the ascension script while it's running? Sometimes I like to check how far along it is or pull out my groose for use on day one, but I don't know of an easy way to do this. I usually just quit and reload proxy.

Also, has anyone gotten faster than 4/883 Trendy? I think I might've had some great RNG because most of the other runs I've seen have been mid-900s

kain
Pie of the Sky

Post by kain » Tue Feb 07, 2012 5:14 pm

Emanon wrote:Also, has anyone gotten faster than 4/883 Trendy? I think I might've had some great RNG because most of the other runs I've seen have been mid-900s
hah, my run #334 was 4/881!

I wonder how it does without a fax machine. Maybe I'll do no-path again.

big_mara
My Pie Blown Sky High

Post by big_mara » Thu Feb 09, 2012 8:33 pm

The most recent version has been working almost flawlessly. Doing hcnp sauce runs I have noticed that it routinely stops 3-4 times for meat/mp day 1, but otherwise it has been running well.

Dread Knight
Just Plain Old Pie

Post by Dread Knight » Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:16 pm

For some reason, the newest version keeps kicking me out saying it has a problem with casting Entangling Noodles. Not sure why. I am HCNP PM and, yes, I do have Noodles permed.

Any thoughts?

Eleron
Has a thing!

Post by Eleron » Thu Feb 23, 2012 7:07 am

Dread Knight wrote:For some reason, the newest version keeps kicking me out saying it has a problem with casting Entangling Noodles. Not sure why. I am HCNP PM and, yes, I do have Noodles permed.
Moved this to the ascension script thread.

There's a bug in scripts/automation/macros.lua noodles_action(), where it just says "Entangling Noodles" instead of "cast Entangling Noodles". You can go in and fix it, and it'll be fixed in the next release. (As well as the SCBoris update to handle the server changing how 0 available Boris skills are displayed.)

Dread Knight
Just Plain Old Pie

kolproxy: A new game interface

Post by Dread Knight » Sun Feb 26, 2012 8:00 pm

For SC Boris automated ascensions...

I pulled a jek belt on Day 1. Does KOLProxy recognize and use the jek when it needs item drops? Should I be pulling a Mr. A jr. instead or nothing at all?

Also, I took the astral shirt and went Moxie Sign. It seems to be leaving the shirt equipped which is good. If I were to take the belt though, would it actually use the belt or would it keep equipping the plastic vampire fangs instead? Currently it seems to like to equip the Juju mask, LL Necktie and vampire fangs for accessories. I just don't want to waste pulls/astral stuff if it's not going to be used.

Thanks.

Dread Knight
Just Plain Old Pie

Post by Dread Knight » Sun Feb 26, 2012 8:02 pm

Great! Thanks.

mornay
Just Plain Old Pie

Post by mornay » Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:42 pm

I just got the following using the SCBoris ascension help with kolproxy v3 beta 6 and Safari 5.1.2. Please let me know any other details that would be helpful.

scripts/automation/ascension.lua:3597: attempt to index global 'result' (a userdata value)
stack traceback:
	scripts/automation/ascension.lua:3713: in function 
	scripts/automation/ascension.lua:3597: in function 'run_task'
	scripts/automation/ascension.lua:3629: in function 'automate_hcnp_day'
	scripts/automation/ascension.lua:3687: in function 
	scripts/automation/ascension.lua:3713: in function 
	[string "-- intercept.lua..."]:178: in function <[string "-- intercept.lua..."]:7>

stack traceback:
	scripts/automation/ascension.lua:3745: in function 
	[string "-- intercept.lua..."]:178: in function <[string "-- intercept.lua..."]:7>