Clan Chatbot

Trying to figure out how things work? Start here.

Moderator: AFHk Officers

Turias
AFH

Clan Chatbot

Post by Turias » Fri Aug 01, 2008 2:34 pm

Some of you may have noticed a couple new bots hanging out in chat. AFH, AFHk, and AFHobo are clan bots that each live in their respective clans. Currently, their main functionality is to provide an integrated clan chat across AFH, AFHk, and AFHobo. Anything spoken in any of the /clan channels will be broadcasted to the other clans. This will make chat look like the following.

Turias: Hello AFHkers!
AFH: [Alrik] Hello from AFHk!
AFH: [Ceirdwyn] It's cold over here...

However, there may be times that you have something you would like to say privately without the other clans listening in. This is possible by prefixing your messages with the text PRIVATE:

In addition, all clan members with the rank "Duke of Hell" or higher may temporarily disable the broadcasting feature of any bot by sending the private message 'squelch' to the bot you want to turn off. Thus, they could make AFH clan chat private by typing '/msg AFH squelch' in chat. To reverse this, simply send the command 'unsquelch'. 'squelchall' and 'unsquelchall' can also be used to squelch or unsquelch all of the bots at the same time.

If you are in AFH and would like to know who is in AFHk chat, just send a private message to AFHk with the text 'who'. AFHk will respond with a list of players currently in chat. The same can be done with AFH and AFHobo.

Finally, there is also some very simple dice rolling functionality built into each bot. If you would like to make a roll, type the command as follows:

/w AFH roll 1d6

That command will cause the AFH bot to roll 1d6 and then post the results to clan chat. This message is not broadcasted to the other clan channels, so make sure you tell the correct bot to roll. I decided not to add private rolling functionality since you can get that through chatbot, anyway.

I hope all of you enjoy these bots! Please post any feature requests you have here.
Last edited by Turias on Wed Sep 10, 2008 3:32 pm, edited 8 times in total.

Alrik
My Pie Blown Sky High

Re: Clan Chatbot

Post by Alrik » Fri Aug 01, 2008 2:44 pm

Turias wrote:I hope all of you enjoy these bots! Please post any feature requests you have here.

Immensely much. Thank you, Turias!

QuantumNightmare
AFH

Post by QuantumNightmare » Fri Aug 01, 2008 2:50 pm

Very impressive, turias! I like the squelch command, nice addition.

I've had CDM modify his tabbed chat script to work nicely with turias' bots. I've made some changes as well, and have permission to post a hacked-up version for you all. With the modified script active, the above text would read:

Turias: Hello AFHkers!
Alrik (AFHk): Hello from AFHk!
Ceirdwyn (AFHk): It's cold over here...

As well, a "private" chat tab is added, to hold all private discussions.

Mad Hamish
AFH

Post by Mad Hamish » Fri Aug 01, 2008 6:00 pm

Sweet. Fookin' sweet.
Hi-keebated again? No way!

lostcalpolydude
Forum Maestro

Post by lostcalpolydude » Fri Aug 01, 2008 11:12 pm

It's good to finally understand what these bots are doing. Also, without Tabbed Chat running (because I didn't understand what the different tabs did, because I didn't understand what the bots were doing), any use of /me statements would put the entire message inside of [brackets] instead of just the username.
bmaher: Softcore character
lostcalpolydude: Hardcore character (abandoned)

QuantumNightmare
AFH

Post by QuantumNightmare » Mon Aug 04, 2008 8:12 pm

Few things:

1) System messages are repeated, and should be ignored.
2) Can you make the squelch command work for all bots, if sent to one? I've used this a few times for private meetings in Hell, and I can't think of a situation where I'd want to hear AFHk but not broadcast to it.
3) Can you give warning when people whitelist into the clan? Or when people below a certain rank whitelist in? I don't care if a Baron whitelists into Hell, but would like to know when visitors drop in so we can interrupt any secret conversations.

Turias
AFH

Post by Turias » Mon Aug 04, 2008 8:28 pm

QuantumNightmare wrote:1) System messages are repeated, and should be ignored.

When you mouseover the "Announcement" user, what's the user ID? -1?

QuantumNightmare wrote:2) Can you make the squelch command work for all bots, if sent to one? I've used this a few times for private meetings in Hell, and I can't think of a situation where I'd want to hear AFHk but not broadcast to it.

I'd be interested to hear what other people think about this. Personally, I think it is nice to still hear what is going on in the other channels even if your current channel is marked private. It can't hurt, at least, and it's nice to know what other people are doing.

QuantumNightmare wrote:3) Can you give warning when people whitelist into the clan? Or when people below a certain rank whitelist in? I don't care if a Baron whitelists into Hell, but would like to know when visitors drop in so we can interrupt any secret conversations.

I'm not sure how I would do this. I can't think of any way to receive these notifications short of looking for changes on the clan roster every couple seconds which would slow down the bots. Is there any other way to get this information?

VladimirPootin
AFH

Post by VladimirPootin » Mon Aug 04, 2008 8:49 pm

a+
[b]AFH: Now with more [i]new and improved[/i] moral ambiguity![/b]

deusnoctum
Statistically likely to return

Post by deusnoctum » Mon Aug 04, 2008 9:21 pm

Turias wrote:I'm not sure how I would do this. I can't think of any way to receive these notifications short of looking for changes on the clan roster every couple seconds which would slow down the bots. Is there any other way to get this information?

Frequent /whos would work, if the bot stored a list of people who were allowed into secret conversations (and set off an alert if it saw someone not on that list). Not sure what the best way to do this would be--scrape the clan roster every couple hours and build a list that way?

It'd probably mean some false alarms the first couple days (and immediately after a promotion), but I think it'd work after that.

Turias
AFH

Post by Turias » Tue Aug 05, 2008 7:00 am

deusnoctum wrote:Frequent /whos would work, if the bot stored a list of people who were allowed into secret conversations (and set off an alert if it saw someone not on that list). Not sure what the best way to do this would be--scrape the clan roster every couple hours and build a list that way?

It'd probably mean some false alarms the first couple days (and immediately after a promotion), but I think it'd work after that.

Yeah, that would basically be the same as loading the clan roster every couple seconds. It's kinda expensive. I was hoping for something like the "clan member logs on notification" you can get in chat. Hmmm...

deusnoctum

Post by deusnoctum » Tue Aug 05, 2008 7:15 am

Turias wrote:Yeah, that would basically be the same as loading the clan roster every couple seconds. It's kinda expensive. I was hoping for something like the "clan member logs on notification" you can get in chat. Hmmm...

I'm not sure what you mean by "expensive"--processing time, bandwidth, or what--but I think that's the only (relatively sane) way to do it.

Turias
AFH

Post by Turias » Tue Aug 05, 2008 7:36 am

deusnoctum wrote:I'm not sure what you mean by "expensive"--processing time, bandwidth, or what--but I think that's the only (relatively sane) way to do it.

Well, adding this feature would probably make the bot a full two to three times slower. It's expensive (bandwidth, processor, and time) to constantly poll for new data, especially when the data doesn't change very often. It's always better to be notified when changes do occur.

So yeah, it would definitely be possible to add this feature, I just don't know if it is worth it given how it will affect the bot.

QuantumNightmare
AFH

Post by QuantumNightmare » Tue Aug 05, 2008 9:34 am

Do you get the "clan member notification" when people whitelist into chat? If so, that can be a good way to implement this feature.

alacrity
AFH

Post by alacrity » Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:26 pm

QuantumNightmare wrote:Do you get the "clan member notification" when people whitelist into chat? If so, that can be a good way to implement this feature.

You do not, only when people enter chat while already a member of the clan -- if I'm in chat and I then utilize a whitelist I'm placed into that clan's /clan chat but there is no notification. This actually seems like a bug that tptb might fix, though I wouldn't hold your breath. Might be worth reporting it -- who has dev contacts?

lostcalpolydude
Forum Maestro

Post by lostcalpolydude » Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:57 pm

Furthermore, you don't get these notifications at all if the person logs in using "quiet" mode, done by putting /q at the end of your username when logging in. I'm guessing most people don't do this intentionally, but I know mafia does it by default, and I don't think you can even avoid it with mafia. Besides, I thought those notifications were only for people logging on/off, not for entering/leaving chat.

deusnoctum

Post by deusnoctum » Tue Aug 05, 2008 2:28 pm

lostcalpolydude wrote:Besides, I thought those notifications were only for people logging on/off, not for entering/leaving chat.

Correct. Hence why there's no good way to do it besides polling the server at regular intervals.

KujjieKujjieKoo
Spade Ninja

Post by KujjieKujjieKoo » Wed Aug 06, 2008 1:32 pm

What if it's just a /who every 5 minutes or something. Won't help with "OMG, we were talking sekrits", but someone just messaging a mafia user with update wouldn't fix that either. A "once every few minutes" method could at least announce new players to the channel, and send a brief "Hi, I'm a bot and this is how to use me" message to anyone who was new. Would it be possible to track anyone who had been in the channel with bots before, and send a message if the player hadn't seen the bots before? (Or maybe, in the last 2 weeks or something?).

QuantumNightmare
AFH

Post by QuantumNightmare » Wed Aug 06, 2008 1:40 pm

Bug: long messages seem to be cut into 2 to bypass the character limit. But then only the second "overflow" message is sent, and the beginning of the message is skipped.

Turias
AFH

Post by Turias » Wed Aug 06, 2008 5:50 pm

QuantumNightmare wrote:Bug: long messages seem to be cut into 2 to bypass the character limit. But then only the second "overflow" message is sent, and the beginning of the message is skipped.

Thanks! Fixed.

QuantumNightmare
AFH

Post by QuantumNightmare » Thu Aug 07, 2008 12:14 am

Overflow turns now don't have [player] at the beginning. Not sure if that is a bug or not, but I think it would be helpful.

Malaidar
Pie in the Sky

Post by Malaidar » Wed Aug 13, 2008 3:10 am

Is there any chance the whole right-click feature that the standard chat has can be added into the clan chatbot?

Turias
AFH

Post by Turias » Wed Aug 13, 2008 8:07 am

Malaidar wrote:Is there any chance the whole right-click feature that the standard chat has can be added into the clan chatbot?

The only way we can do that is to change the format from:

AFH: [Turias] Test message!

to

AFH: [Turias >>531811] Test message!

We tried that out at the beginning but determined that it made the messages too long and cluttered.

NardoLoopa
Market Manipulator

Post by NardoLoopa » Wed Aug 13, 2008 8:15 am

I'd be nice if a relay bot was added to Bonus Adv from Hell . . . then maybe I wouldn't miss so many rollovers due to engaging clan chat.

slaphappy snark
Widdle Fudge Bunny

Post by slaphappy snark » Wed Aug 13, 2008 11:50 am

NardoLoopa wrote:I'd be nice if a relay bot was added to Bonus Adv from Hell . . . then maybe I wouldn't miss so many rollovers due to engaging clan chat.

It seems like the relay bots log off a few minutes early, so I'm not sure how much this would help. Is this to help avoid any 15 minute problems after rollover?

Turias
AFH

Post by Turias » Wed Aug 13, 2008 6:46 pm

slaphappy snark wrote:It seems like the relay bots log off a few minutes early, so I'm not sure how much this would help. Is this to help avoid any 15 minute problems after rollover?

They log off a few minutes early just because they use the same code as kBay and doing anything right as the servers go down scares me. Who knows what might happen? :)

We could add another bot to the rollover clan if people want it. We'd just need to get one in there.

lostcalpolydude
Forum Maestro

Post by lostcalpolydude » Wed Aug 13, 2008 11:26 pm

Should the profanity filter still be on for these bots?

Turias
AFH

Post by Turias » Wed Aug 13, 2008 11:32 pm

lostcalpolydude wrote:Should the profanity filter still be on for these bots?

I don't think so. I'll have to turn that off. Thanks!

alacrity
AFH

Post by alacrity » Thu Aug 14, 2008 12:48 am

Turias wrote:Fuck no!

Fixed it for you.

QuantumNightmare
AFH

Post by QuantumNightmare » Thu Aug 14, 2008 1:09 am

I've updated the greasemonkey script with a bunch of new features.

1) Type "/who afh" or "/who afhk" to find out who is in what clan
2) private tab is no longer displayed by default
3) /option condensedhobopolis has been added, which moves all /clan and /hobopolis talk to the default tab
4) A hardcoded list of player ID's has been added, with a small number of players included. The bot will now link back to the correct player when clicked on. I'm working on a better way of doing this.

alacrity
AFH

Post by alacrity » Thu Aug 14, 2008 12:16 pm

QuantumNightmare wrote:4) A hardcoded list of player ID's has been added, with a small number of players included. The bot will now link back to the correct player when clicked on. I'm working on a better way of doing this.

This could be tricky because you don't want to wait for a server round-trip to display the message, but perhaps a '/who [playername]' could be run in the background whenever the script sees a message from an unknown player and it can get the player id that way. After the first message it would be able to use that player id to fixup the chat link/menus.

The real solution is to have the relay bots include the player id as Turias mentioned, with >>###### in the plain text message that gets sent (and displayed without our updated GM script.) This might look messy, but it's really the cleanest and most robust solution from a programmatic standpoint.

Flolle
Fie the Pie

Post by Flolle » Thu Aug 14, 2008 1:43 pm

alacrity wrote:The real solution is to have the relay bots include the player id as Turias mentioned, with >>###### in the plain text message that gets sent (and displayed without our updated GM script.) This might look messy, but it's really the cleanest and most robust solution from a programmatic standpoint.

Indeed, this would be the easiest and probably best working way to implement this, but it would be really annoying for everyone who isn't using GM. Personally, I don't run Firefox on the Windows systems I'm on over half the time and even while under Linux it wouldn't be better because I'm using mafia's chat interface anyway*.

*In my opinion, the ingame chat interface just sucks. When I want to chat, I want to have a fullscreen display of it, not some small sideframe. Of course, I could change it's size, but then, I'd have to change it back every time I want to play some turns, which would result in many extra clicks. This game already makes me click around more than I actually want to.

alacrity
AFH

Post by alacrity » Thu Aug 14, 2008 4:06 pm

Flolle wrote:*In my opinion, the ingame chat interface just sucks. When I want to chat, I want to have a fullscreen display of it, not some small sideframe. Of course, I could change it's size, but then, I'd have to change it back every time I want to play some turns, which would result in many extra clicks. This game already makes me click around more than I actually want to.

Well, we could always just set up a channel on Efnet or something. I've been meaning to get back on irc more often anyway...

Mad Hamish
AFH

Post by Mad Hamish » Thu Aug 14, 2008 4:58 pm

If we're going to set up a channel, I've been really enjoying the Jabber set up, and it allows easier security precautions than the traditional IRC, with all the benefits, so far as I can tell.
Hi-keebated again? No way!

lostcalpolydude
Forum Maestro

Post by lostcalpolydude » Wed Aug 20, 2008 11:26 pm

I don't know if this is due to the bots or due to the modified Tabbed Chat, but when I'm sitting in AFHk and someone in AFHobo speaks, the message shows up with
Name (AFH):
instead of
Name (AFHobo):

deusnoctum

Post by deusnoctum » Wed Aug 20, 2008 11:36 pm

lostcalpolydude wrote:I don't know if this is due to the bots or due to the modified Tabbed Chat, but when I'm sitting in AFHk and someone in AFHobo speaks, the message shows up with
Name (AFH):
instead of
Name (AFHobo):

Tabbed chat. It sees a message coming from AFHk, and is programmed to assume that it's coming from Hell, since people are rarely in Hobo.

lostcalpolydude
Forum Maestro

Post by lostcalpolydude » Thu Aug 21, 2008 5:42 pm

deusnoctum wrote:
lostcalpolydude wrote:I don't know if this is due to the bots or due to the modified Tabbed Chat, but when I'm sitting in AFHk and someone in AFHobo speaks, the message shows up with
Name (AFH):
instead of
Name (AFHobo):

Tabbed chat. It sees a message coming from AFHk, and is programmed to assume that it's coming from Hell, since people are rarely in Hobo.

Got it. And checking Tabbed Chat, it will say AFHobo if you are in that channel. A bit strange, but it works.

deusnoctum

Post by deusnoctum » Thu Aug 21, 2008 5:47 pm

Could you add a command, available to officers, to boot someone and automatically re-WL them with their previous rank and title? This way, officers can act as ghoats (we can't currently give them their ranks back).

Turias
AFH

Post by Turias » Thu Aug 21, 2008 6:05 pm

deusnoctum wrote:Could you add a command, available to officers, to boot someone and automatically re-WL them with their previous rank and title? This way, officers can act as ghoats (we can't currently give them their ranks back).

That wouldn't be terribly hard. We just need to give whitelisting and booting privileges to the bots. Once someone does that, let me know and I can begin work on it.

QuantumNightmare
AFH

Post by QuantumNightmare » Thu Aug 21, 2008 6:30 pm

AFHk and AFHobo both now have booting and whitelisting privileges.

Only hades has power to do the same for AFH.

lordhades15
Fie the Pie

Post by lordhades15 » Thu Aug 21, 2008 9:40 pm

wouldn't you have to rank the bots above duke to be effective? I'm a little "eh" about the value of this in AFH.
j12601 wrote: Turns are now sub-optimal. It is a brand new fucking day.

NardoLoopa
Market Manipulator

Post by NardoLoopa » Fri Aug 22, 2008 8:54 pm

In order to keep conversations (especially about dungeons) straight, it would be nice if the bot indicated which clan the foreign message came from. Maybe something like this?

[21:43]AFHobo: (h) [alacrity] 60% of nothin' is still nothin'
for Hell
[21:43]AFHobo: (k) [alacrity] 60% of nothin' is still nothin'
for Heck
[21:43]AFHobo: (o) [alacrity] 60% of nothin' is still nothin'
for AFHobopolis

Just a suggestion.

slaphappy snark
Widdle Fudge Bunny

Post by slaphappy snark » Sat Aug 23, 2008 5:19 am

I think that if AFH and AFHk bots just indicated when the message was coming from AFHobo (with h or Hobo), that would be enough. AFHobo's bot could indicate both, if that would be useful from there. Hobo is used the least, and it would save on having annoying extra text when people are only in the two main clans.

NardoLoopa
Market Manipulator

Post by NardoLoopa » Sat Aug 23, 2008 7:36 am

to save on room we could use different grouping characters:

AFHobo: (QuantumNightmare): spade spade spade
AFHobo: {deusnoctum}: hobo hobo hobo
AFHobo: [NardoLoopa]: coat coat coat

or something like that for the different clans -- then you just need to remember which is which.

alacrity
AFH

Post by alacrity » Sat Aug 23, 2008 1:57 pm

NardoLoopa wrote:to save on room we could use different grouping characters:

or something like that for the different clans -- then you just need to remember which is which.

Oh nice, I like that -- the neat thing there is that the GM script can be coded to recognize the difference, and while it's maybe not as informative to those not using the script, at least the information is encoded in a non-onerous way.

Lord Stefano
Warlord

Post by Lord Stefano » Sat Aug 23, 2008 11:48 pm

lordhades15 wrote:wouldn't you have to rank the bots above duke to be effective? I'm a little "eh" about the value of this in AFH.

Dont let the bots take over all 3 clans, Hades. Youll have to accept and WL over 100 ppl when they fuck up!

The Lord wrote:demons > humans > bots

Lord Stefano
Warlord

Post by Lord Stefano » Sun Aug 24, 2008 12:11 am

The bots are useful, but here are some Suggestions:

1) Do a /? command for them like chatbot has. I just found this thread now, and didnt know any of the usable commands till I asked in chat. Im sure Im not the only 1 out there.

2) If it is too difficult to make the bots send a PM or kmail with instructions on what commands are available, maybe consider buying a DC for them, or using their profiles? The downside- its public. Can the bots differentiate non-clannies and tell them to fuck off?

3) You guys threw me off when you started throwing all the script lingo up top. Can the normal player with no scripts of their own running and no mafia see which clan is chatting? I only see the players name and assume theyre in AFHk.

4) I saw it mentioned that there should be an announcement when someone WLs in chat. I warn you I am a notorious clan hopper and WILL be going in and out A LOT when Im online. I suggest dont bother announcing, or else my name will spam 3 chats <3

5) Other features-
a) Trigger words causing the bot to make a comment? (add something to chat, congratulate, mock? :wink: )
b) An optional msg the bot can say to announce your entrance? (ONLY IF YOU SEND IT THE SIGNAL to avoid the chat clutter of WL whores coming and going)
c) Quick links for us laggy and lazy clannies? (program the bots to respond to "/msg link forum" for a fast link here while in chat, /link wiki, /link DC for Jicken wings database, and maybe a few other useful ones?

lostcalpolydude
Forum Maestro

Post by lostcalpolydude » Sun Aug 24, 2008 1:15 am

Lord Stefano wrote:3) You guys threw me off when you started throwing all the script lingo up top. Can the normal player with no scripts of their own running and no mafia see which clan is chatting? I only see the players name and assume theyre in AFHk.

With mafia/greasemonkey/whatever, it's still currently not possible to tell which of the other clans the person is chatting in. If you see a message coming from AFH:, they could be in AFHk or in AFHobo. With the modified greasemonkey script, it will tell you that they are in AFHk even if they are in AFHobo. I end up checking people's profiles when chat stops making sense because of that.

Turias
AFH

Post by Turias » Tue Aug 26, 2008 2:10 pm

Hmm, I'll have to think about this. It's sadly not the easiest thing to do because all 3 bots use the exact same code for generating and posting their messages.

Turias
AFH

Post by Turias » Tue Aug 26, 2008 2:12 pm

Lord Stefano wrote:1) Do a /? command for them like chatbot has. I just found this thread now, and didnt know any of the usable commands till I asked in chat. Im sure Im not the only 1 out there.

Yep, that should be easy to do. I've actually made the bot respond with a link to this forum thread every time he receives a private message that he does not understand.

tannenzaepfle
Spy vs. Pie

Post by tannenzaepfle » Wed Sep 03, 2008 9:54 am

You could also use "/msg afhk who" and it prints out who is in afhk. Same goes for afh. Maybe you could create a whoall command which would list "AFH: name, name, name. AFHk: name, name, name. AFHobo: name." That'd also be pretty cool.

Also, BAfH?
Tannenzaepfle (#1185696)

lostcalpolydude
Forum Maestro

Post by lostcalpolydude » Thu Sep 04, 2008 10:14 pm

QuantumNightmare wrote:AFHk and AFHobo both now have booting and whitelisting privileges.

Only hades has power to do the same for AFH.

I think the bots should be demoted again. There's no practical use for them being at a high rank now that the ghoat bug has been fixed, and there's always a chance that something bizarre could happen due to a change in the game where a bot tries to do something disastrous.

Turias
AFH

Post by Turias » Wed Sep 10, 2008 3:39 pm

Just a bump to let the dukes know that 'squelchall' and 'unsquelchall' are now valid commands to squelch or unsquelch all of the bots at the same time.

Turias
AFH

Post by Turias » Sat Sep 20, 2008 7:55 am

New feature!

We AFHers have been a little jealous of AFHk's DMBot, so I decided to roll some of its functionality into the clan chat bots.

Commands:

/msg AFH hobo status

This will cause the bot to tell you the current status of the Hobopolis instance. The reply will look something like this:

AFH: [Sewer: valves=18/20, grates=19/20, trapped=Cage Bait] [TS: 1,359 turns] [BB: 187 turns, 7 tires] [EE: 255 turns] [Heap: DONE] [BG: 338 turns] [PLD: 0 turns]

/msg AFH hobo reset

This command should be run by a Duke when the sewer is reflooded. This will reset the tire count data as well as who is trapped in the cage. The bot determines these pieces of information by watching chat, so having an explicit reset command is the easiest way of telling the bot to forget any learned information. It would be nicer if /hobopolis announced when a dungeon was reopened, but it doesn't. AFHk-ers: if you guys can give me a list of usernames and user IDs of people who should be allowed to do this in your clan, I can add them to the list.

Please let me know if you find any issues or have any feature requests. Also, a very special thanks to NardoLoopa for the great bot idea.

NardoLoopa
Market Manipulator

Post by NardoLoopa » Sat Sep 20, 2008 9:35 am

Turias wrote:We AFHers have been a little jealous of AFHk's DMBot, so I decided to roll some of its functionality into the clan chat bots.

wow, this is great. I'd always planned to listen to /hobopolis to do the tire count etc, but haven't had the time since classes started and my server died (still waiting for it to arrive). Glad you picked it up.

I assume all the clans have their respective bots listening to their clan's hobo run. I'll re-task DMbot to do some stuff, deus was asking for.

btw: are you using KoLbot.pm? (chatbot's lib), or something else? If you are, I think I could send some stuff your way.

Turias
AFH

Post by Turias » Sat Sep 20, 2008 9:50 am

NardoLoopa wrote:I assume all the clans have their respective bots listening to their clan's hobo run. I'll re-task DMbot to do some stuff, deus was asking for.

Yep. Except it appears that AFHk currently doesn't have access to Hobopolis. Would anyone mind fixing that for me? :)

NardoLoopa wrote:btw: are you using KoLbot.pm? (chatbot's lib), or something else? If you are, I think I could send some stuff your way.

I'm actually using pykol, which is something I started for kBay and wadbot. All of the code for our clan chatbot is open source and at that site, if anyone wants to take a look.

Chat Broadcasting Code: http://github.com/scelis/pykol/tree/mas ... dcaster.py
Hobopolis Raid Code: http://github.com/scelis/pykol/tree/mas ... dHelper.py

QuantumNightmare
AFH

Post by QuantumNightmare » Sat Sep 20, 2008 3:53 pm

AFHk now has dungeon privileges.

Turias
AFH

Post by Turias » Wed Oct 01, 2008 2:12 pm

There is now a chat message when the hobopolis dungeon is reflooded, so there is no need for the 'hobo clear' command. That command has been removed from the bot.

Turias
AFH

Post by Turias » Thu Oct 23, 2008 10:16 am

"hobo status" will now also report the total number of turns spent in the current hobopolis instance.

tannenzaepfle
Spy vs. Pie

Post by tannenzaepfle » Fri Oct 31, 2008 7:30 am

Now and then, I hear people talking about Bonus Adventures from Hell, and why we don't have a chatbot there. Two solutions exist: kick out non-members and clean up the whitelistings and then create a bot (the hard way), or we just jump into AFHobo, which also has the bonus adventure furnishings and a bot already running.

I hate whitelisting into BAFH because then I miss out on chat, but it's either that or I run the risk of missing out on bonus adventures. We could even WL in the AFHk members (dungeon privileges are a separate matter as it is) who otherwise wouldn't be given access. This is easier than making a fourth bot.
Tannenzaepfle (#1185696)

alacrity
AFH

Post by alacrity » Fri Oct 31, 2008 12:48 pm

tannenzaepfle wrote:... we just jump into AFHobo, which also has the bonus adventure furnishings and a bot already running.

The only thing AFHobo is missing is the chip machine. Meat trees are lame. :)

slaphappy snark
Widdle Fudge Bunny

Post by slaphappy snark » Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:42 am

Is there any chance that a couple of AFHk officers (or at least the Alliance From Hell account) could get the squelching ability? We had some trouble with the Heck officers' meeting last night.

Turias
AFH

Post by Turias » Fri Feb 20, 2009 8:22 am

slaphappy snark wrote:Is there any chance that a couple of AFHk officers (or at least the Alliance From Hell account) could get the squelching ability? We had some trouble with the Heck officers' meeting last night.

Alright, AFHk officers should now have squelch ability. I added permissions to the following accounts. Please let me know if I missed anyone.

Alliance From Hell
bmaher
deusnoctum
Hoopity
Malaidar
MonsterERB
lostcalpolydude
slaphappy snark
smilegirl

lostcalpolydude
Forum Maestro

Post by lostcalpolydude » Sat Feb 21, 2009 12:56 am

I've been updating my copy of tabbed chat with new names regularly, and now with webspace from deus I can easily upload it whenever I make changes. Available from http://overlordindustries.net/mafia/
Last edited by lostcalpolydude on Fri May 22, 2009 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

slaphappy snark
Widdle Fudge Bunny

Post by slaphappy snark » Sat Feb 21, 2009 1:01 am

Turias wrote:Alright, AFHk officers should now have squelch ability. I added permissions to the following accounts. Please let me know if I missed anyone.

Thanks, Turias (and Hades)! This will work much better than hassling alacrity (apparently).

alacrity
AFH

Post by alacrity » Sat Feb 21, 2009 1:05 am

slaphappy snark wrote:Thanks, Turias (and Hades)! This will work much better than hassling alacrity (apparently).

Sorry! I was AFK. :-P

stupac2
Oh my! Guy with Pie!

Post by stupac2 » Sun Oct 18, 2009 8:24 pm

Turias wrote:

Hmm, I'll have to think about this. It's sadly not the easiest thing to do because all 3 bots use the exact same code for generating and posting their messages.
I just had this idea independently, and want to necro to ask if it would be at all possible to do. I'm fairly sure I could modify tabbed chat in like 15 minutes to work with the change, and would love to see that functionality.

Turias
AFH

Post by Turias » Mon Oct 19, 2009 7:27 am

I think I should be able to do this. Before I spent time working on it, does everyone agree that this will be a good change? Does anyone think this will be too confusing? I'll do whatever the clan prefers.

Turias
AFH

Post by Turias » Mon Oct 26, 2009 8:15 am

Well, there were no dissenting voices, so I'll see if I can get this done. Hopefully at some point soon. :)

Turias
AFH

Post by Turias » Thu Dec 03, 2009 1:08 pm

Sorry this took so long.

[] = AFH
() = AFHk
{} = AFHobo

stupac2
Oh my! Guy with Pie!

Post by stupac2 » Thu Dec 03, 2009 3:45 pm

Excellent. I'll update tabbed chat to work with that tonight.