New Member FAQ

Trying to figure out how things work? Start here.

Moderator: AFHk Officers

slaphappy snark
Widdle Fudge Bunny

New Member FAQ

Post by slaphappy snark » Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:22 am

Welcome to Alliance from Hell forums. The following are common questions we get from new and potential members and visitors:

How do I join Alliance from Heck?
Send a message to one of the Promotions and Recruitment officers (listed below) with information about your interests and why you'd like to join. If you seem like a good fit, we'll offer you a whitelist to come check us out.

What is expected of members?
We're interested in players who have desire for excellence in some facet of the game and who display maturity and respect for other players. To advance within the clan, be active in /clan and on the forum, and keep working to improve within your in-game interest(s), such as spading or speed.

What is the difference between Alliance from Hell and Alliance from Heck?
Alliance from Hell (AFH) is an invite-only clan which is home to many top speedsters, spades and other players. Most of the players invited to join Alliance from Hell first spend some time in Alliance from Heck (AFHk), where they develop skills as a player as well as relationships with AFH and AFHk members.

What's the deal with the chatbots?
The thing that makes AFHk unique in terms of "sister clans" is that we have chatbots connecting it to AFH (as well AFHobo, the dedicated speed dungeon clan). This gives you direct access to the members of AFH nearly all the time.

Should I join the forums?
Yes! Sign up for the forums (you're so close!), introduce yourself, and read the public sections of the forums. There is a lot of good information in here.

If I'm not a member of AFH or AFHk, can I still join the forum?
Yes, definitely. You are also welcome to post ascension logs for comments, which is one of the best ways to improve your runs.

How do I get the most out of AFH(k)?
There are a few ways:
1) Chat! It's not, strictly speaking, necessary to do so. But if you don't, you're missing out on the biggest resource available to you. So come into chat, introduce yourself, ask questions, shoot the breeze. Chat is where it's at.
2) Logs! Most people who come here do so to get better at ascending. The best way to do that is by reading and posting logs. So next time you try a speed run, log it and post it!
3) Try! Whether you're a diamond-in-the-rough or a spade-in-the-wherever-spades-come-from, take on challenges and don't be afraid of failure. We don't expect new players to be challenging runs by our top ascenders, or producing better spading than Eleron or GoldS, but we do like to see you trying. And the only way to get better is to keep trying!

If I'm interested in joining, do I have to leave my old clan?
Nope! We don't expect anyone to leave their current clan when first joining AFHk.

Who do I talk to if I have questions about various clan policies?
These are the Alliance from Heck officers, along with their main area of responsibility:
Clan Executive: Cheesecookie
Promotions and Recruitment: Gordito
Contests: snarkypants
Recognitions: Gordito
Bounties: redfoxtail
Dungeons: Schlurp