Gameplay Discussion Sub Topics

If you have any suggestions for the forums, would like to request a change, question moderator action etc, post here.
severus snape
Just Plain Old Pie

Gameplay Discussion Sub Topics

Post by severus snape » Fri Jul 23, 2010 7:27 pm

I've been trying to read my way through the game play discussions. I found the content enlightening and valuable, though I had to pick through some of it to find what I was looking for...

Therefor, I was wondering if it would be possible to add sub topics to the gameplay discussion topic. Perhaps you could have something along the lines of Hardcore, Softcore, Spading, and Other? I'd find this very useful, and I think this would be fairly simple to implement. :D

Kelemvor
AFH

Re: Gameplay Discussion Sub Topics

Post by Kelemvor » Fri Jul 23, 2010 9:45 pm

Why, hello there, stranger. :) Welcome to Hell.

I agree that there's a lot of raw information to process, and if you only play softcore or only play hardcore, it can be a little daunting to wade through all the information when you only want something specific to your play path.

Only problem is, a lot of times a discussion will center around something that can be used in both softcore and hardcore. For instance, assume the August iotm is a familiar. Where would you put that? I suppose it could go in Other, but then a lot of stuff would go in Other. Just looking at the top ten most recent topics in AfH GD right now, the first four apply to both softcore and hardcore, and the next six have three that are hardcore only (all have "HC" or "HCNP" in their titles) and three that would also go in Other.

I guess what I'm saying is that you'd eliminate very few topics that only deal with one or the other, and people interested in all topics would have to traverse multiple fora to get there.

lostcalpolydude
Forum Maestro

Post by lostcalpolydude » Sat Jul 24, 2010 1:07 am

That was my first thought too (though not in quite as much detail in the 15 seconds before I read the response).
bmaher: Softcore character
lostcalpolydude: Hardcore character (abandoned)

Eigenbasis
My Pie Blown Sky High

Post by Eigenbasis » Sat Jul 24, 2010 11:20 am

G-D is such a slow moving forum that I don't think this would be worthwhile.

Also, spading discussions go in the Commune.
"Have you ever heard the expression, ‘When life gives you lemons, make lemonade, and then throw it in the face of the person who gave you the lemons until they give you the oranges you originally asked for?’"