Hardcore Ed Script Ascending (Ascends various paths suboptimally)

For script writing
wildsider
Just Plain Old Pie

Re: Hardcore Ed Script Ascending (Ascends various paths suboptimally)

Post by wildsider » Tue Jul 11, 2017 7:50 pm

Skynet the script just did this on a LTA run day one.
Trying to pull 1 of filthy child leash
Also thank you for the great script and not nuking us meatbags.

cheesecookie
Inscrutable Pi

Post by cheesecookie » Tue Jul 11, 2017 7:56 pm

wildsider wrote:Skynet the script just did this on a LTA run day one.
Trying to pull 1 of filthy child leash
Also thank you for the great script and not nuking us meatbags.
Fixed in r1168.

Nachunte
Just Plain Old Pie

Post by Nachunte » Fri Jul 14, 2017 9:23 am

Hi,

First of all, thanks for this awesome script.

I wanted to report a bug I sometimes have which stops the script and think lies on the basis of it not extruding any booze or food:

Post Adventure done, beep.
Starting bedtime: Pulls Left: 0
afterAdventureScript =>
betweenBattleScript =>
choiceAdventure1107 => 2
counterScript => scripts\CounterChecker.ash
kingLiberatedScript =>
Hermit acquistion of: ten-leaf clover
Putting on tiny plastic golden gundam...
Equipment changed.
Putting on dead guy's watch...
Equipment changed.
Visiting Mr. Klaw "Skill" Crane Game in clan rumpus room
Array index out of bounds (cc_ascend.ash, line 2408)

These are the values I put in the relay script :

food:food

This is in no way breaking and I can handle the extruding myself; just thought to let you know.

cheesecookie
Inscrutable Pi

Post by cheesecookie » Fri Jul 14, 2017 5:27 pm

Nachunte wrote: These are the values I put in the relay script :

food:food
Apparently, the string[int] "map" that handles the choices has bounds. I do not understand how ASH distinguishes this stuff, ugh Anyway, I just copy the results from split_string (a string[int]) into a different string[int] and that seems to work. It'll be updated in r1170 which will probably be pushed before rollover tonight.

capn castom
Just Plain Old Pie

Post by capn castom » Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:56 am

I just noticed that cc_ascend funkslings tangles of rat tails, which wastes 1 each time it does so.

Encounter: tomb rat
Round 0: capn castom wins initiative!
cc_combatHandler: 0
Round 1: capn castom uses the tangle of rat tails and uses the tangle of rat tails!
Round 2: your opponent becomes a tomb rat king!

ungawa
AFH

Post by ungawa » Sat Jul 15, 2017 1:56 pm

not a biggie, but automating an AWOL run, and many (most?) combats are aborting if the monster lives long enough for the combat handler to try to hogtie:
"Calling undefined user function: hasLeg (cc_combat.ash, line 1700)"

I see there is such a function in cc_monsterparts.ash, but I'm too lazy (and not entirely sober after a bbq) to dive any deeper than that.

In almost all cases, I can just one shot the monster with an auto attack at that point and move on, so I just commented out the 3 places it calls "hasLeg" and its working fine now.

Nachunte
Just Plain Old Pie

Post by Nachunte » Sun Jul 16, 2017 1:13 pm

Another little bug here, not breaking, can handle things myself:

after the first witchess fight it does each day, it seems to lose track of it's counter, and also doesnt try to digitise them:

[546] Your Witchess Set
Encounter: Play against the Witchess Pieces
Putting Frocelia the Trick-or-Treating Tot back into terrarium...
Taking Hullace the Intergnat out of terrarium...
Visiting Floundry in clan VIP lounge
Generating Floundry Locations for the session...
Pre Adventure at Noob Cave done, beep.
About to start a combat indirectly at Noob Cave... (3) accesses required.

[546] Your Witchess Set
Encounter: Play against the Witchess Pieces
Encounter: Witchess Bishop AND TESLA!
Round 0: Nachunte wins initiative!

[546] Noob Cave
Encounter: Witchess Bishop AND TESLA!
Round 0: Nachunte loses initiative!
Round 1: Nachunte casts COWBOY KICK!
Round 2: Witchess Bishop takes 15 damage.
Round 2: Nachunte casts SUMMON LOVE MOSQUITO!
Round 3: Witchess Bishop takes 13 damage.
Round 3: You gain 13 hit points
Round 3: Nachunte uses the Time-Spinner!
Round 4: Witchess Bishop drops 31 attack power.
Round 4: Witchess Bishop drops 12 defense.
Round 4: Nachunte casts SUMMON LOVE GNATS!
Round 5: Nachunte casts SUMMON LOVE STINKBUG!
Round 6: Witchess Bishop takes 15 damage.
Round 6: Nachunte attacks!
Round 7: Witchess Bishop takes 302 damage.
Round 7: Witchess Bishop takes 15 damage.
Round 7: Nachunte wins the fight!
After Battle: Hullace starts twerking. Is... is that a thing a gnat can do? I guess if a gnat has legs it must also have a butt.
You acquire an item: Sacramento wine
After Battle: Hullace accidentally nudges your hand into the nearby tesla coil. BZAP!
After Battle: You gain 69 Mojo Points
You acquire an item: BACON
After Battle: You gain 44 Muscleboundness
You gain a Muscle point!
After Battle: You gain 41 Enchantedness
After Battle: You gain 94 Roguishness

Casting Cannelloni Cocoon 1 times...
You gain 1 hit point
Cannelloni Cocoon was successfully cast.
Post Adventure done, beep.
Countdown: 1 second...
Waiting completed.
Turn(545): Starting with 77 left and 5 pulls left at Level: 12
Encounter: -26.0 Exp Bonus: 13.566666666666668
Meat Drop: 190.0 Item Drop: 205.87482193696061
HP: 331/331, MP: 302/319
Tummy: 0/15 Liver: 3/19 Spleen: 0/15
ML: 50 control: 10
Delay between adventures... beep boop...
Countdown: 1 second...
Waiting completed.
_witchessFights is greater than our tracking, it is probably more accurate at this point (assuming manual Witchess combats).

cheesecookie
Inscrutable Pi

Post by cheesecookie » Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:42 pm

capn castom wrote:I just noticed that cc_ascend funkslings tangles of rat tails, which wastes 1 each time it does so.

Round 1: capn castom uses the tangle of rat tails and uses the tangle of rat tails!
Mafia issue, not the script. This was supposedly fixed: http://kolmafia.us/showthread.php?19346 ... nkslinging

This does not affect me as I have an actual fix for this. I just don't know if is causes any other issues.
Last edited by cheesecookie on Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cheesecookie
Inscrutable Pi

Post by cheesecookie » Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:43 pm

Nachunte wrote:_witchessFights is greater than our tracking, it is probably more accurate at this point (assuming manual Witchess combats).
If it stopped, let me know. Otherwise, this is just informational.
ungawa wrote:not a biggie, but automating an AWOL run, and many (most?) combats are aborting if the monster lives long enough for the combat handler to try to hogtie:
"Calling undefined user function: hasLeg (cc_combat.ash, line 1700)"

I see there is such a function in cc_monsterparts.ash, but I'm too lazy (and not entirely sober after a bbq) to dive any deeper than that.

In almost all cases, I can just one shot the monster with an auto attack at that point and move on, so I just commented out the 3 places it calls "hasLeg" and its working fine now.
Apparently, the function wasn't imported anywhere. Fixed in r1177.

Nachunte
Just Plain Old Pie

Post by Nachunte » Tue Jul 18, 2017 6:32 pm

No, it didn't stop immediatley.
It fought 3 bishops in a row, and then stopped.

cheesecookie
Inscrutable Pi

Post by cheesecookie » Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:42 pm

Nachunte wrote:No, it didn't stop immediatley.
It fought 3 bishops in a row, and then stopped.
The stopping would be unrelated. That message results in us correcting our tracking but nothing more.

capn castom
Just Plain Old Pie

Post by capn castom » Thu Jul 20, 2017 12:02 pm

cheesecookie wrote:
capn castom wrote:I just noticed that cc_ascend funkslings tangles of rat tails, which wastes 1 each time it does so.

Mafia issue, not the script. This was supposedly fixed: http://kolmafia.us/showthread.php?19346 ... nkslinging

This does not affect me as I have an actual fix for this. I just don't know if is causes any other issues.
Well, for now I changed line 608 of cc_combat to include ", none" and it seems to have done the trick for me.

Code: Select all

if((enemy == $monster[tomb rat]) && (item_amount($item[tangle of rat tails]) > 0))
	  {
		return "item tangle of rat tails, none ";
Round 1: capn castom uses the tangle of rat tails!

cheesecookie
Inscrutable Pi

Post by cheesecookie » Thu Jul 20, 2017 1:56 pm

capn castom wrote:Well, for now I changed line 608 of cc_combat to include ", none" and it seems to have done the trick for me.

if((enemy == $monster[tomb rat]) && (item_amount($item[tangle of rat tails]) > 0))
	  {
		return "item tangle of rat tails, none ";
Round 1: capn castom uses the tangle of rat tails!
If I recall correctly, that only works while you have funkslinging.

art
Just Plain Old Pie

Post by art » Sat Jul 22, 2017 1:48 am

I'd just like to add my thanks for making this script available. I haven't had as much time to devote to KoL as I'd like and kind of got into the habit of just running some farming scripts in aftercore. Saw this script mentioned somewhere and thought I'd give it a go. The char I picked (I have too many multis) had last ascended as HC AoSP, so I thought I'd give that a try and see how it went. This run started with 27 AoSP starting points and came in at 3 days, 747 turns, which I'm pretty happy with. art also has most of the items of the month from the last several years.

I wasn't quite sure what to expect nor how to run the sciprt, so I tended to be a bit of a nervous Nellie about it. I'd guess that I ran about 20% of the turns by hand, mostly because I was paranoid about how the script would handle throw party/incite riot and switching audience love and hate. I tried looking at some of the source code to see I could find that code that manages the love/hate mode switch but still don't understand how/when/where it happens.

I'm quite happy with the outcome and plan to use the script a lot more in the coming months, probably sticking with HC AoSP for some of my other chars. So thanks again for making it available.

Some observations/questions:
  1. The script didn't seem to use my KGB except to get the drinks and cigars. I was expecting to see it equipped.
  2. There seems to be a lot of extra item equipping/unequipping, particularly when an outfit was needed.
  3. Does the script eat/drink/spleen anything on its own, or is that my resposibility?
  4. I didn't pay that much attention to the semirares. Are they handled by the script? Who handles the fortune cookies?

cheesecookie
Inscrutable Pi

Post by cheesecookie » Sat Jul 22, 2017 5:44 pm

art wrote:...I'd guess that I ran about 20% of the turns by hand, mostly because I was paranoid about how the script would handle throw party/incite riot and switching audience love and hate. I tried looking at some of the source code to see I could find that code that manages the love/hate mode switch but still don't understand how/when/where it happens.
  1. The script didn't seem to use my KGB except to get the drinks and cigars. I was expecting to see it equipped.
  2. There seems to be a lot of extra item equipping/unequipping, particularly when an outfit was needed.
  3. Does the script eat/drink/spleen anything on its own, or is that my resposibility?
  4. I didn't pay that much attention to the semirares. Are they handled by the script? Who handles the fortune cookies?
I don't think it really uses Throw Party/Incite Riot. The Love/Hate capacity extension of the Pete Jacket and trying to handle that was not something I wanted to worry about. I pretty much just put in enough effort to make sure it wouldn't fall apart in Pete and could at least make forward progress. I think the script just biases towards Love. That probably won't get any love for the time being as well.

1) Someday. You had options it preferred under the existing equipment guidelines. Those are being reworked but it is still a work in progress and not used at all.
2) This is not something that will be changed.
3) The eating logic is crude and has fallen apart to some degree. I usually tell people they have to feed the script. If it gets consumables that it likes, it will consume them. It is honestly the most difficult aspect to work with because if I try to make a good guess at food, I will get a lot of whining about it if it ever eats anything less than 95% best choice.
4) Semirares are handled if they can be solved for via Lindy/Fortune Cookies. They can also be ignored if they are not important anymore. The script will walk right into an awful SR in that case.

whitecandy
Just Plain Old Pie

Post by whitecandy » Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:25 am

Hi CC

When in HC and going for lion oil and bird rib? for wet stew in whitey's grove the combat modifiers dont change to +combat as it is a non combat heavy zone.
Can this be looked into please.

MooTiger
Just Plain Old Pie

Post by MooTiger » Mon Aug 14, 2017 3:36 am

Hey CC / All that lurk in this thread.

Returning Player and since i havn't played for 3 years i thought i'd automate it so i can learn all the changes to the game slowly as i need to rather than spending hours on end in a single sitting.
Script is a god send for my needs .. being able to do the occational click between work tasks and just let it idle away in the backgorund.

Question:
Running a pretty slow automated HC LTA got to day 9 and level 13, but it hadn't done any daily dungeons so spent the next 3 days doing those manually.
Have i missed something in the thread that i'm supposed to do them manually or did the script just get confused ?

Also i know in the topic it says that the script doesn't us a CCS, and on mafia its set a Null ccs that only contains "scrollwhendone", yet during combat even tho i have weaksauce and any other one hit kills .. its spent a lot of time autoattack for 1 damage until round 30 and failing ..
i'm not exactly short on skills (http://cheesellc.com/kol/profile.php?u=meowtiger) so i'd hope it could have picked something other than autoattack.
Should i allow it to use a CCS / Wham (then at least it can deal with combat more effectively ?)

Nachunte
Just Plain Old Pie

Post by Nachunte » Mon Aug 14, 2017 12:15 pm

Hi,

not the OP, but you should also have a "cc_default" wich is filled with all the actions.
It won't cast weaksauce as long as you don't have >60mp.

Nachunte
Just Plain Old Pie

Post by Nachunte » Mon Aug 14, 2017 12:21 pm

ALso @Cheesecookie:

The script now succesfully automates 2-day SCED runs for me, with 1 manual intervention:

it will not do the hidden temple subzonequests; It cuts the lianas and skips the hospital, bowling,... resulting in a "I don't know what to do" abort when the LL12 quest is finished.

I think it might be a problem with the script expecting to do them on day three?

Anyway, ancient path bug :-D.

MooTiger
Just Plain Old Pie

Post by MooTiger » Tue Aug 15, 2017 3:24 am

Nachunte wrote:Hi,

not the OP, but you should also have a "cc_default" wich is filled with all the actions.
It won't cast weaksauce as long as you don't have >60mp.
Thanks for reply,
I do have the cc_default in the ccs list, but the script switches to Null when executed, so wasn't sure it was supposed to stay on cc_default, or it just calls it from within the script as a reference and doesn't need to be set in the ccs directly.

But mostly i was confused about the Daily Dungeon since it added 3 days to the run for only ~35 extra turns.

cheesecookie
Inscrutable Pi

Post by cheesecookie » Wed Aug 16, 2017 12:58 pm

whitecandy wrote: When in HC and going for lion oil and bird rib? for wet stew in whitey's grove the combat modifiers dont change to +combat as it is a non combat heavy zone.
Can this be looked into please.
Possibly got this, I don't go there enough to be certain. It will get handled automatically in a future update but for now....
MooTiger wrote: Running a pretty slow automated HC LTA got to day 9 and level 13, but it hadn't done any daily dungeons so spent the next 3 days doing those manually.
Have i missed something in the thread that i'm supposed to do them manually or did the script just get confused ?

Also i know in the topic it says that the script doesn't us a CCS, and on mafia its set a Null ccs that only contains "scrollwhendone", yet during combat even tho i have weaksauce and any other one hit kills .. its spent a lot of time autoattack for 1 damage until round 30 and failing ..
i'm not exactly short on skills (http://cheesellc.com/kol/profile.php?u=meowtiger) so i'd hope it could have picked something other than autoattack.
Should i allow it to use a CCS / Wham (then at least it can deal with combat more effectively ?)
I did not expect it to take more than 7 days, even without IoTMs. So, it doesn't do the daily dungeon if you don't have a Gelatinous Cube. However, in HardBond, you don't have one that you can use so you never get the parts so it never does the Daily Dungeon. This didn't really come up because everyone who was scripting was farming SoftBond anyway. I think I've fixed this. Not sure if something else will hamper the key getting (if it isn't getting your first key by day 2, there is still an issue.

The CCS is pretty much just to stop users from providing a CCS. You say "autoattack", I assume you mean "attack with weapon". Do not provide it a CCS, however, you have enough combat skills, I think, that you should be ok (maybe the lack of Soul Saucery is an issue). I may need a log of combat to get an idea of what is going on.

Nachunte wrote: The script now succesfully automates 2-day SCED runs for me, with 1 manual intervention:

it will not do the hidden temple subzonequests; It cuts the lianas and skips the hospital, bowling,... resulting in a "I don't know what to do" abort when the LL12 quest is finished.
This was a regression error, I forgot that you gave the Ancient Amulet back when I rewrote the code recently. This affected both Softcore and Hardcore Ed.

r1198 should resolve most of these issues.

Nachunte
Just Plain Old Pie

Post by Nachunte » Wed Aug 16, 2017 1:12 pm

You're a superman!

Arbos
Just Plain Old Pie

Post by Arbos » Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:05 am

First off: Thank you!

I tried this script for the first time yesterday on a SC Std Turtle Tamer run and it performed flawlessly on day one. On day two, after the character reached level 12, I noticed something odd.

The script printed comments to the gCLI: "I seem to need to power level, or something... waaaa.". At that point the script spent twenty-five turns beating up furniture in VYKEA.

It took me that long to figure out what was wrong. The real problem was that the the character only had 16 meat on hand and it needed to purchase Forged Identification Documents from the Black Market.

I stopped the script, pulled, and auto-sold a few things, and the script was able to continue from there.

I read through the first post and used the relay scripts to configure things but did not see an option to tweak meat generation. Did I miss something on this front?

Is a more helpful error message when meat is required but not available something you would consider?

I also noticed that there were pulls left at the end of both days. Would you entertain a suggestion to auto-pull, and equip, rollover gear that generates adventures when pulls are left?

Thanks again,

Arbos

Nachunte
Just Plain Old Pie

Post by Nachunte » Fri Aug 18, 2017 1:49 pm

I'm about to let it try a HCCS run, but I was wondering if there are any skills/preps/iotms required to make the 2day run?

I have all 2015-2017 iotms, and the smiths tome, but no hc skills at all.

cheesecookie
Inscrutable Pi

Post by cheesecookie » Sat Aug 19, 2017 1:47 pm

Arbos wrote:I tried this script for the first time yesterday on a SC Std Turtle Tamer run and it performed flawlessly on day one. On day two, after the character reached level 12, I noticed something odd.

The script printed comments to the gCLI: "I seem to need to power level, or something... waaaa.". At that point the script spent twenty-five turns beating up furniture in VYKEA.

It took me that long to figure out what was wrong. The real problem was that the the character only had 16 meat on hand and it needed to purchase Forged Identification Documents from the Black Market.

I stopped the script, pulled, and auto-sold a few things, and the script was able to continue from there.

I read through the first post and used the relay scripts to configure things but did not see an option to tweak meat generation. Did I miss something on this front?

Is a more helpful error message when meat is required but not available something you would consider?

I also noticed that there were pulls left at the end of both days. Would you entertain a suggestion to auto-pull, and equip, rollover gear that generates adventures when pulls are left?
Hmm, well, the script ran out of stuff to do but apparently not being able to afford the documents causes it just to ignore that (I assume VYKEA is not good for meat). I'm going to have to think about that - there is some autosell code I guess it isn't comprehensive enough or just didn't really know what you had that it could sell.

There isn't a meat generation option at all. It's not ever really come up until recently - the Ashton Kutcher refueling code might be spending too much and I am going to push out an update for that later today. It should have printed a message about not being able to afford the documents, however, it only would have done so the first time (which is a mistake on my part and I'll update that tonight as well).

I don't really know what good pull options are, it's hard to make generic decisions about that. I might be able to wrangle the equipRollover code into something that could suggest pulls but it would honestly be low-priority (partly because it would be a pain, or at least seems like it would be a bit tedious to code). If you pull rollover gear and rerun the script, it'll equip it, mostly, there are some issues with the Staph as two-handed rollover gear but it is usually ok otherwise.

Nachunte wrote:I'm about to let it try a HCCS run, but I was wondering if there are any skills/preps/iotms required to make the 2day run?

I have all 2015-2017 iotms, and the smiths tome, but no hc skills at all.
Um, no HC skills is going to be trouble. I think the absolute minimum is Curse of Weaksauce, Itchy Trigger Finger, Saucecrafting (whatever lets you make sauce potions), Cocoon (for healing) and Ode? But there are lots of skills that are very quickly useful, Rapid Prototyping is usually the first suggestion I make.

Nachunte
Just Plain Old Pie

Post by Nachunte » Sat Aug 19, 2017 4:26 pm

ok, thanks for the advice.

Arbos
Just Plain Old Pie

Post by Arbos » Sun Aug 20, 2017 6:17 am

Your suspicion on the cause of the meat drain may be partially correct. I took another look at the logs from that run and there were twenty instances of soda bread creation prior to the power-leveling spree. VYKEA is terrible at meat generation. :)

A far larger culprit was regaining MP with meat.

Since the Kremlin's Greatest Briefcase came out MP has been a non-issue when using the "regen" enchantment.

I would not advocate a function that pulls and auto-sells items. That's almost guaranteed to piss people off. In a low meat situation I'd suggest that the script halt with an informative message.

Thanks again for a really nice script.

Edit: the same thing happened on day two of a SC Pastamancer run. I started the day with 47 meat and the script used the deck to create a 1952 Mickey Mantle card and sold it. That meat lasted a few seconds. I pulled, and autosold, items for 30K more meat. Within 100 turns the script had gone through almost all of it. Roughly 75% of the meat went towards regaining MP for meat.

I notice that the script rarely uses Polka of Plenty. Would you entertain the idea of keeping that buff running at all times?

At the end of day two on the Pastamancer run the script stopped at the tower door because it was missing a key. I was able to pull a set of lockpicks and a ring of detect boring doors. After completing the Daily Dungeon I was able to continue.

Arbos

cheesecookie
Inscrutable Pi

Post by cheesecookie » Sat Aug 26, 2017 8:18 pm

Arbos wrote:Your suspicion on the cause of the meat drain may be partially correct. I took another look at the logs from that run and there were twenty instances of soda bread creation prior to the power-leveling spree. VYKEA is terrible at meat generation. :)

A far larger culprit was regaining MP with meat.

Since the Kremlin's Greatest Briefcase came out MP has been a non-issue when using the "regen" enchantment.

I would not advocate a function that pulls and auto-sells items. That's almost guaranteed to piss people off. In a low meat situation I'd suggest that the script halt with an informative message.

Edit: the same thing happened on day two of a SC Pastamancer run. I started the day with 47 meat and the script used the deck to create a 1952 Mickey Mantle card and sold it. That meat lasted a few seconds. I pulled, and autosold, items for 30K more meat. Within 100 turns the script had gone through almost all of it. Roughly 75% of the meat went towards regaining MP for meat.

I notice that the script rarely uses Polka of Plenty. Would you entertain the idea of keeping that buff running at all times?

At the end of day two on the Pastamancer run the script stopped at the tower door because it was missing a key. I was able to pull a set of lockpicks and a ring of detect boring doors. After completing the Daily Dungeon I was able to continue.
The script is not used to trying to acquire meat. Hmmm, polka was downgraded because it was not essential and used up MP. I have some plans for revamping MP usage to try to optimize it some more but I have lots of time constraints at the moment. You may be able to let it sit without meat, it just won't acquire any MP. I'm going to have to look at that some more.

Do you have a Gelatinous Cube? If you do, it should gather the cube items and grab a key. You didn't mention the eleven-foot pole so maybe you do have one and it wasn't able to get the drops.

EDIT: Can you give me a snippet where it is acquiring MP? I'm looking at the code and am not seeing where it would be going crazy for Pastamancer.

Arbos
Just Plain Old Pie

Post by Arbos » Sun Aug 27, 2017 6:48 am

The character does have a gelatinous cube. I posted the entire Day 2 session log to https://pastebin.com/N0PJUyDE.

Searching for the string "purchase MP with meat" will lead you to the multiple purchases of black cherry soda and Doc Galaktik's Invigorating Tonic.

With the amount of ML maintained by the script the added stat gains from Antiphon are minimal. Swapping Antiphon for Polka of Plenty might help.

Just finished a Sauceror run with the script and had no problems with meat or MP. Probably due to the combination of Curse of Weaksauce and killing things with Sauceror spells.

hiitsme
Just Plain Old Pie

Post by hiitsme » Sun Aug 27, 2017 10:38 am

Hi there - just used your script for HC Ed the Undying run and it didn't complete any quests on day 1. It just seemed to fight the hippies the whole time. I am fairly new to KoL and would love some pointers as to what happened (or is it supposed to do this?)

Here is the pastebin of my run - thanks in advance!

https://pastebin.com/GLYAvv7b

cheesecookie
Inscrutable Pi

Post by cheesecookie » Sun Aug 27, 2017 7:26 pm

Arbos wrote:The character does have a gelatinous cube. I posted the entire Day 2 session log to https://pastebin.com/N0PJUyDE.

Searching for the string "purchase MP with meat" will lead you to the multiple purchases of black cherry soda and Doc Galaktik's Invigorating Tonic.

With the amount of ML maintained by the script the added stat gains from Antiphon are minimal. Swapping Antiphon for Polka of Plenty might help.

Just finished a Sauceror run with the script and had no problems with meat or MP. Probably due to the combination of Curse of Weaksauce and killing things with Sauceror spells.
You have Universal Recovery installed. That's your problem. Script has been updated so I don't have to deal with that script causing these problems again.

hiitsme wrote:Hi there - just used your script for HC Ed the Undying run and it didn't complete any quests on day 1. It just seemed to fight the hippies the whole time. I am fairly new to KoL and would love some pointers as to what happened (or is it supposed to do this?)

Here is the pastebin of my run - thanks in advance!

https://pastebin.com/GLYAvv7b
The script thinks you are still under-leveled, it expects you to be either

a) Level 10
b) Level 8 and have all the Spleen capacity.

It looks like you didn't make Level 8 until end of day. It should be doing quests tomorrow.
Last edited by cheesecookie on Sun Aug 27, 2017 7:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hiitsme
Just Plain Old Pie

Post by hiitsme » Sun Aug 27, 2017 7:40 pm

Awesome! Thanks again for the script and quick response!

Arbos
Just Plain Old Pie

Post by Arbos » Mon Aug 28, 2017 5:52 am

Hmmm....thank you for the feedback regarding Universal Recovery. :o

I wasn't "blaming" your script I was simply trying to understand why it was doing what it was. Universal recovery works well for me in all other circumstances so I think I'll go for a less drastic approach and either disable it or tweak parameters.

I, very much, appreciate what you've done with this script and the built-in debugging/status messages are a big help.

FWIW: I now have two runs with your script AND Universal Recovery where meat was not an issue: Saucereror and Disco Bandit. I think the DB run was helped by choosing a normal horse from the Horsery.

Thanks for your help in figuring out the problem.

Arbos

hiitsme
Just Plain Old Pie

Post by hiitsme » Mon Aug 28, 2017 9:44 am

Hi, it did start on the quests today but for some reason it keeps trying the use the dictionary in combat and then doesn't buy anything when I die. This happens nearly every battle in the bat cave. Then when I come back to life it kills the mob. Weird...

Ok, so it stopped doing that after I came back from work.

I am level 10 and still need to do:
The Goblin Who Wouldn't Be King
Am I My Trapper's Keeper?
There Can Be Only One Topping
The Rain on the Plains is Mainly Garbage
Cyrptic Emanations

plus 11, 12, and 13 quests.

I don't think I am going to manage a 3 day run, hopefully a 4 day run.

I spent about 55 adv in the 'The Penultimate Fantasy Airship'. I guess I need to run more -combat to speed that up? Here is my pastebin from today if you want to look at it - https://pastebin.com/cuh3wEtJ

cheesecookie
Inscrutable Pi

Post by cheesecookie » Tue Aug 29, 2017 8:02 am

Arbos wrote:Hmmm....thank you for the feedback regarding Universal Recovery. :o

I wasn't "blaming" your script I was simply trying to understand why it was doing what it was. Universal recovery works well for me in all other circumstances so I think I'll go for a less drastic approach and either disable it or tweak parameters.

I, very much, appreciate what you've done with this script and the built-in debugging/status messages are a big help.

FWIW: I now have two runs with your script AND Universal Recovery where meat was not an issue: Saucereror and Disco Bandit. I think the DB run was helped by choosing a normal horse from the Horsery.
The message wasn't meant towards you. It comes up every few months and is frustrating because people don't realize that they have scripts clashing with each other now. I have no idea how often it isn't reported and often takes me way too long to get a log snippet to resolve it (in your case, it went pretty quickly).

I'll probably change it so that it just gives a nag warning (without a delay) and disables Universal Recovery in the interim. I just worry that whoever runs it may not realize it was disabled and not let the script finish properly and then it never gets re-enabled.

The settings you had wanted quite a bit of MP. I'm not sure why you'd ever want that much (I think the target was 350ish in the first occurence I found) in run. 150ish is a good target if you have disintegrate but otherwise, you can probably be just fine with a much lower threshold. Since the target was so high, the ascension script assumed you were overflowing with MP (when you commented about Antiphon, my first suspicion was that you were out-of-date because it has a high MP requirement before being used since it is so marginal), and then casted "dumb"ish buffs.

I might have the script take the regen horse by default. Haven't fully decided on that yet.

hiitsme wrote:Hi, it did start on the quests today but for some reason it keeps trying the use the dictionary in combat and then doesn't buy anything when I die. This happens nearly every battle in the bat cave. Then when I come back to life it kills the mob. Weird...

Ok, so it stopped doing that after I came back from work.

I am level 10 and still need to do:
The Goblin Who Wouldn't Be King
Am I My Trapper's Keeper?
There Can Be Only One Topping
The Rain on the Plains is Mainly Garbage
Cyrptic Emanations

plus 11, 12, and 13 quests.

I don't think I am going to manage a 3 day run, hopefully a 4 day run.

I spent about 55 adv in the 'The Penultimate Fantasy Airship'. I guess I need to run more -combat to speed that up? Here is my pastebin from today if you want to look at it - https://pastebin.com/cuh3wEtJ
If the script thinks it can benefit from dying it will let itself UNDYING (MP regen from lovebugs is probably the only correctly supported thing). As for not buying stuff, this is a known issue, you have enough Ka to buy something but not the immediate next thing on the list. It's not hard to fix, just boring to fix so I never got around to it.

If you have few IoTMs and/or Ed points, the script can end up taking 4 days. I have not confirmed that it should never take more than 4 days but I'm pretty sure you'd have to sabotage it or really piss off the RNG to get past 5. Ed Points alone are sufficient to get to 3-dayers (probably).

As for the Airship, yeah, without combat modifiers that zone can be a pain. 55 isn't even that unlikely actually so I probably need to up the threshold in that zone - I just worry that I might not catch a problem and waste 100 adventures in there. You can finish it manually and hit some other zone for 1 turn (or set cc_newbieOverride = true) and resume the script.

The Goblin King may not resolve itself, as in, you might hit the end and the script tell you it doesn't know what to do. Let me know if that happens. I think I did something that forces it to require a yellow ray to proceed. If that happens, you can proceed by getting the harem girl outfit and then resuming.

Arbos
Just Plain Old Pie

Post by Arbos » Wed Aug 30, 2017 3:06 pm

I normally play via the relay browser and the Universal Recovery settings are set to make that less annoying for me. I normally have UR set to restore at 20% and try to regain enough MP to reach 50% of max MP.

I'll play around with the set points somewhat and see what happens.

Would you be willing to add a cautionary mention on Universal Recovery to the first post in the thread?

Had a third run, SC Standard, Accordion Thief, without meat problems with the normal horse. This script made getting the Aerogel outfit simple and painless.

Watching the informational messages in the gCLI and paying attention to where and how the script chooses to adventure is giving me ideas for "normal" play.

Thanks again.

Arbos

adjutantavocado
Just Plain Old Pie

Post by adjutantavocado » Wed Aug 30, 2017 11:07 pm

Hello Cheesecookie,

Could you please add a setting inside the cheeseascend manager for the auto-conversion of booze/food into fuel for the Asdon Martin? I'm currently using a Lil' Barrel Mimic familiar in a HC LAR run, and it's converting its drops immediately into fuel when I'd rather eat/drink it.

If I'm somehow using the script incorrectly, please let me know how I can fix it.

Thanks for the awesome script.

Best Regards.

Sanmei
Just Plain Old Pie

Post by Sanmei » Fri Sep 01, 2017 1:23 pm

ccascend seems to be going out of its way not to use a Choctopus. It uses a Jumpsuited Hound Dog unless I blacklist it, and then it uses a generic Baby Gravy Fairy unless I blacklist that, and then it uses Gelatinous Cube, and then it gives up and uses other familiars.

cheesecookie
Inscrutable Pi

Post by cheesecookie » Fri Sep 01, 2017 3:17 pm

Arbos wrote: Would you be willing to add a cautionary mention on Universal Recovery to the first post in the thread?
I'm going to have the script disable it for the session with a nag screen whenever it is run.
adjutantavocado wrote: Could you please add a setting inside the cheeseascend manager for the auto-conversion of booze/food into fuel for the Asdon Martin? I'm currently using a Lil' Barrel Mimic familiar in a HC LAR run, and it's converting its drops immediately into fuel when I'd rather eat/drink it.
What are you drinking from it? I thought I left out something so it could be drunk. I probably have to throttle that IoTM because it is meat-heavier than I anticipated.
Sanmei wrote:ccascend seems to be going out of its way not to use a Choctopus. It uses a Jumpsuited Hound Dog unless I blacklist it, and then it uses a generic Baby Gravy Fairy unless I blacklist that, and then it uses Gelatinous Cube, and then it gives up and uses other familiars.
Sure. Is there some reason it should be using a Choctopus? cc_ascend also goes out of its way to not use a Black Kitten. What I'm trying to say here is: What are you asking for?

iamacow
Just Plain Old Pie

Post by iamacow » Fri Sep 01, 2017 10:00 pm

Thanks for the script!

I was using it for ed runs and had an issue with the VYKEA choice adventure. Looked at the code and it looks like this small corner of the script had a bug, choice 9 isn't ever (afaik) available. I set it to 2 to just take the hex key so that it the choice will always be there. I might be ignorant of what's supposed to happen since i basically got VYKEA when i started playing again because i had no other elemental planes.

Here's the code in cc_edTheUndying.ash

if(elementalPlanes_access($element[cold]))
	{
		//This might not be the correct choice... going to have to check it at some point.
		set_property("choiceAdventure1115", 9);
		ccAdv(1, $location[VYKEA]);
		return true;
	}

adjutantavocado
Just Plain Old Pie

Post by adjutantavocado » Sat Sep 02, 2017 3:39 pm

cheesecookie wrote: What are you drinking from it? I thought I left out something so it could be drunk. I probably have to throttle that IoTM because it is meat-heavier than I anticipated.
I was hoping to just eat and drink whatever pops out of the Lil' Barrel Mimic because I noticed the bot wasn't doing the eating and the drinking, and I usually don't get better foods/drinks from other sources. What kind of information do you need to troubleshoot this? Let me know how I can help.

Cheers.

cheesecookie
Inscrutable Pi

Post by cheesecookie » Sat Sep 02, 2017 9:11 pm

iamacow wrote: I was using it for ed runs and had an issue with the VYKEA choice adventure. Looked at the code and it looks like this small corner of the script had a bug, choice 9 isn't ever (afaik) available. I set it to 2 to just take the hex key so that it the choice will always be there. I might be ignorant of what's supposed to happen since i basically got VYKEA when i started playing again because i had no other elemental planes.

if(elementalPlanes_access($element[cold]))
	{
		//This might not be the correct choice... going to have to check it at some point.
		set_property("choiceAdventure1115", 9);
		ccAdv(1, $location[VYKEA]);
		return true;
	}
Haha, I forgot about this one. Choice 9 is raiding the lounge which you can do once per day, at the time, I had no idea how to handle if we already did that. Now I know the setting so I can fix that.

adjutantavocado wrote: I was hoping to just eat and drink whatever pops out of the Lil' Barrel Mimic because I noticed the bot wasn't doing the eating and the drinking, and I usually don't get better foods/drinks from other sources. What kind of information do you need to troubleshoot this? Let me know how I can help.
I added cc_ashtonLimit to the relay settings. Set it to a number of how much you want it to leave behind of any given item that is auto fed (except Soda Bread). Let me know if it doesn't work but I'm pretty sure it should be ok. That way, you'll still get fuel but be able to keep some stuff for consumption.

adjutantavocado
Just Plain Old Pie

Post by adjutantavocado » Sun Sep 03, 2017 8:35 pm

cheesecookie wrote: I added cc_ashtonLimit to the relay settings. Set it to a number of how much you want it to leave behind of any given item that is auto fed (except Soda Bread). Let me know if it doesn't work but I'm pretty sure it should be ok. That way, you'll still get fuel but be able to keep some stuff for consumption.
I will test it out today and keep you updated. Thanks for taking a look into the issue.

adjutantavocado
Just Plain Old Pie

Post by adjutantavocado » Mon Sep 04, 2017 3:30 am

Hello Cheesecookie,

I have another feature request please. I'm currently doing a Live. Ascend. Repeat. run, and there's a few caveats to this challenge run that isn't fully supported by your script. Could you please add support for:
- LAR adventures are not modified by +combat and -combat. I noticed that the script is still attempting to adjust for these, such as using Deodorant.
- LAR runs have semi-rare adventures happen at set intervals. The very first one is at turn 76, and every one after is at +110 adventures. Could you use this to grab beneficial semi-rare rewards for a run?

Thanks in advance, and keep up the good work!

cheesecookie
Inscrutable Pi

Post by cheesecookie » Mon Sep 04, 2017 8:11 am

adjutantavocado wrote: I have another feature request please. I'm currently doing a Live. Ascend. Repeat. run, and there's a few caveats to this challenge run that isn't fully supported by your script. Could you please add support for:
- LAR adventures are not modified by +combat and -combat. I noticed that the script is still attempting to adjust for these, such as using Deodorant.
- LAR runs have semi-rare adventures happen at set intervals. The very first one is at turn 76, and every one after is at +110 adventures. Could you use this to grab beneficial semi-rare rewards for a run?
1) The bulk of the combat rate adjustments should no longer be happening. I'll have to fish out the special cases.
2) Yes, but typically, I let mafia work with that tracking. I suppose since it isn't doing that (maybe there is some reason I'm unaware of as to why), I can do something with it. EDIT: Bleh. Also, Mafia now does this natively in r18204 which is good because I was probably not going to do it any time soon.
Last edited by cheesecookie on Mon Sep 04, 2017 4:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hiitsme
Just Plain Old Pie

Post by hiitsme » Mon Sep 04, 2017 4:16 pm

Quick question - my power went out when Mafia was open but not running the script. When the power came and and I tried to run the script - it thought that I had a new run going. Anyway to salvage this or no?

Thanks again for all your help and awesome script.

cheesecookie
Inscrutable Pi

Post by cheesecookie » Mon Sep 04, 2017 4:38 pm

hiitsme wrote:Quick question - my power went out when Mafia was open but not running the script. When the power came and and I tried to run the script - it thought that I had a new run going. Anyway to salvage this or no?

Thanks again for all your help and awesome script.
It all depends on what Mafia tracked that was recoverable and what it can deduce from your quest log.

Nachunte
Just Plain Old Pie

Post by Nachunte » Thu Sep 07, 2017 2:23 pm

Hi,

Another mention, I tried the autopulling, and in sc ed runs it pulls wet stew , wich isn't necessary.

I know you don't really support the pulling, just letting you know.

cheesecookie
Inscrutable Pi

Post by cheesecookie » Thu Sep 07, 2017 3:32 pm

Nachunte wrote:
Thu Sep 07, 2017 2:23 pm
Hi,

Another mention, I tried the autopulling, and in sc ed runs it pulls wet stew , wich isn't necessary.

I know you don't really support the pulling, just letting you know.
It's more of a "not supporting SC Ed", HC Ed should take between 3-4 days. If it comes up in another path I may track wet stew needs.

oxc
Just Plain Old Pie

Post by oxc » Sat Sep 09, 2017 6:31 am

cheesecookie wrote:
Tue Aug 29, 2017 8:02 am
The Goblin King may not resolve itself, as in, you might hit the end and the script tell you it doesn't know what to do. Let me know if that happens. I think I did something that forces it to require a yellow ray to proceed. If that happens, you can proceed by getting the harem girl outfit and then resuming.
This happened to me in the last few runs (with low Ed points). What about backfarming the outfit?

cheesecookie
Inscrutable Pi

Post by cheesecookie » Sat Sep 09, 2017 8:42 am

oxc wrote:
Sat Sep 09, 2017 6:31 am
cheesecookie wrote:
Tue Aug 29, 2017 8:02 am
This happened to me in the last few runs (with low Ed points). What about backfarming the outfit?
That's a possibility, I just don't want it to backfarm when a yellow ray simply isn't ready yet. I can probably figure out something for that since I had to "skip" events in Groundhog. It's just on the low priority side.

Amn
Just Plain Old Pie

Post by Amn » Wed Sep 27, 2017 2:45 am

Hi there,

Is there any point using the script for my second run total (i.e. first after the original run) doing a HC Ed run, but not having access to the VIP key? I have the Genie if that matters. If not, will it work if I do a few manual runs first to accumulate some skills?

If not, could someone offer some advice as to what I should use the Genie on doing the run manually?

Many thanks.

cheesecookie
Inscrutable Pi

Post by cheesecookie » Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:22 am

Amn wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2017 2:45 am
Is there any point using the script for my second run total (i.e. first after the original run) doing a HC Ed run, but not having access to the VIP key? I have the Genie if that matters. If not, will it work if I do a few manual runs first to accumulate some skills?

If not, could someone offer some advice as to what I should use the Genie on doing the run manually?
Maybe. You can always run it until it frustrates you and take over manually. Generally, do not give it control in the middle on a tracked quest (Palindome and Pirates are the most dangerous).

I am not 100% certain the script is ok with not having a VIP key. It might report you have a fax at end of day when you don't but at least it won't be a hot tub issue.

The script will only use the Genie to convert wishes to pocket wishes at end of day (except in HCCS). I am not sure what good Genie choices are.

Hoaxmetal
Just Plain Old Pie

Post by Hoaxmetal » Thu Sep 28, 2017 11:18 am

I am not sure what good Genie choices are.
Personally: Day 1 Shirt and two writing desks, Day 2 three writing desks (manor floor 1 can be entirely skipped then). Remaining wishes are usually used for lobsterfrogmen.

Edit: thanks for the script, did an easy 4 day HC standard ascension yesterday, barely had to do anything manually.

cheesecookie
Inscrutable Pi

Post by cheesecookie » Thu Sep 28, 2017 2:28 pm

Hoaxmetal wrote:
Thu Sep 28, 2017 11:18 am
I am not sure what good Genie choices are.
Personally: Day 1 Shirt and two writing desks, Day 2 three writing desks (manor floor 1 can be entirely skipped then). Remaining wishes are usually used for lobsterfrogmen.

Edit: thanks for the script, did an easy 4 day HC standard ascension yesterday, barely had to do anything manually.
Shirt?

Writing Desk is probably want I'll do but having to resolve it with digitize is a little tricky. Also, I wouldn't generally plan to do writing desks on Day 2 but allowing the script to be ok with that, more trickies. The copy/faxing code is still in need of a cleanup and the genie just makes it worse.

Hoaxmetal
Just Plain Old Pie

Post by Hoaxmetal » Fri Sep 29, 2017 8:33 am

Shirt?
http://kol.coldfront.net/thekolwiki/ind ... scale_mail
I mostly use it for the HP/MP regen.

Amn
Just Plain Old Pie

Post by Amn » Wed Oct 04, 2017 6:41 am

cheesecookie wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:22 am
Amn wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2017 2:45 am

Maybe. You can always run it until it frustrates you and take over manually. Generally, do not give it control in the middle on a tracked quest (Palindome and Pirates are the most dangerous).

I am not 100% certain the script is ok with not having a VIP key. It might report you have a fax at end of day when you don't but at least it won't be a hot tub issue.

The script will only use the Genie to convert wishes to pocket wishes at end of day (except in HCCS). I am not sure what good Genie choices are.
On my way to getting a VIP key. However, the only astral items I have access to (relevant for a mysticality class) is the bracer or the chapeau. Which of those do you think will work best with the script? I realize I may end up a bit short on MP, but I assume the script will auto-buy holy water or something, or should I watch that manually? Thanks, really excited to try this out!

Amn
Just Plain Old Pie

Post by Amn » Fri Oct 06, 2017 5:29 am

EDIT: NVM, I un-installed everything and re-installed it and that did the trick.

I just tried it mid-run (not in the middle of any quests though) and I got the following issue:

> call scripts\cc_ascend.ash

cc_ascend/cc_ascend_header.ash could not be found (cc_ascend.ash, line 17)

Any input would be appreciated.
Last edited by Amn on Fri Oct 06, 2017 12:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hoaxmetal
Just Plain Old Pie

Post by Hoaxmetal » Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:07 am

Nice, just finished a 3/696 run in HC standard (with ~30 turns to spare). Had to take babysit the script (this run it didn't get disposable camera so it spent some turns in palindrome before I caught it) from time to time, use wishes and some other stuff manually but it's still 90% work of the script.

Amn
Just Plain Old Pie

Post by Amn » Sun Oct 08, 2017 7:31 am

Is there a way to over-write the script opting for the chef hat instead of my astral chapeau?

cheesecookie
Inscrutable Pi

Post by cheesecookie » Sun Oct 08, 2017 5:39 pm

Amn wrote:
Sun Oct 08, 2017 7:31 am
Is there a way to over-write the script opting for the chef hat instead of my astral chapeau?
Update to r1239, I put the Astral Chapeau into the hat list. It is not high-priority, in terms of hats. There are better astral items to take.

Amn
Just Plain Old Pie

Post by Amn » Mon Oct 09, 2017 12:16 am

cheesecookie wrote:
Sun Oct 08, 2017 5:39 pm
Amn wrote:
Sun Oct 08, 2017 7:31 am
Update to r1239, I put the Astral Chapeau into the hat list. It is not high-priority, in terms of hats. There are better astral items to take.
I understand, just that I do not have access to any of the locked astral items since I went straight into HC Ed runs following my casual run. Really appreciate the help here, what a character!

Amn
Just Plain Old Pie

Post by Amn » Mon Oct 09, 2017 3:02 am

The script does not seem to convert my wishes (corked genie) to pocket wishes at the end of a day. Not important what so ever since it is easy to do yourself, I just wanted to flag it since I think you've said it should be the case?

While I am on the subject. Would you advise against trying to use wishes myself to fight wristing desks and lobster frogmen to speed those quests up manually? It is no biggie, so if there is a chance it will react badly with the script I won't risk it. Also, if it will not speed anything up significantly I guess there is no reason to do it either. It is just that myself (and probably more newer players) do not have access to the "old" IOTMs and from what I'm seeing being on the second day into my first run using the script it will take 5 days, so if there's anything I can do to speed it up that'd be great (I do have the VIP key and this is my 3rd HC Ed run so I have a few skill pionts as well).

papi
Just Plain Old Pie

Post by papi » Mon Oct 09, 2017 6:00 am

The script is getting stuck on the first day of every run for me. It tries to dive into the daily dungeon, gets to the first door, and then fails trying to pick choice 3. This is in HC Boris so I don't have lockpicks.

cheesecookie
Inscrutable Pi

Post by cheesecookie » Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:23 pm

Amn wrote:
Mon Oct 09, 2017 3:02 am
The script does not seem to convert my wishes (corked genie) to pocket wishes at the end of a day. Not important what so ever since it is easy to do yourself, I just wanted to flag it since I think you've said it should be the case?

While I am on the subject. Would you advise against trying to use wishes myself to fight wristing desks and lobster frogmen to speed those quests up manually? It is no biggie, so if there is a chance it will react badly with the script I won't risk it. Also, if it will not speed anything up significantly I guess there is no reason to do it either. It is just that myself (and probably more newer players) do not have access to the "old" IOTMs and from what I'm seeing being on the second day into my first run using the script it will take 5 days, so if there's anything I can do to speed it up that'd be great (I do have the VIP key and this is my 3rd HC Ed run so I have a few skill pionts as well).
You need to be overdrunk for that to happen.

You can wish for lobsterfrogmen or writing desks, it won't matter all that much (in terms of the script being ok). You could end up fighting too many (if you have digitize) but that's a different issue.
papi wrote:
Mon Oct 09, 2017 6:00 am
The script is getting stuck on the first day of every run for me. It tries to dive into the daily dungeon, gets to the first door, and then fails trying to pick choice 3. This is in HC Boris so I don't have lockpicks.
Handle the dungeon manually. I expected it to just not do the dungeons at all and leave you hanging on the last day. I don't know what I want to do update-wise with that at the moment.

Amn
Just Plain Old Pie

Post by Amn » Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:58 am

There is a box in KoLMafia "Protect against accidental clover usage", which I think automatically makes your cloves disassemble so you do not accidentally use them. Should this box be checked/un-checked for your script to work, or does it not matter? I ran into some problems at the Oil Peak. After having spent 50 turns I got a warning message so I finished that part and the rest of the Highland Lord Quest manually, I am hoping this could have been due to the fact that I had the "clover box" checked?

cheesecookie
Inscrutable Pi

Post by cheesecookie » Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:33 am

Amn wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:58 am
There is a box in KoLMafia "Protect against accidental clover usage", which I think automatically makes your cloves disassemble so you do not accidentally use them. Should this box be checked/un-checked for your script to work, or does it not matter? I ran into some problems at the Oil Peak. After having spent 50 turns I got a warning message so I finished that part and the rest of the Highland Lord Quest manually, I am hoping this could have been due to the fact that I had the "clover box" checked?
The script ignores that setting (it toggles it if necessary). it is not related to Oil Peak.

I should probably adjust that particular 50 turn limit since it comes up for a number of reasons. The first being, we just don't have much ML and it took 50 turns. Or, we went there to make crudles. Or, it seemed like an ok place to try to get stats at.

In terms of recovery, if the Oil Peak is finished, you can either adventure somewhere else for one turn or set cc_newbieOverride = true and then rerun the script and it'll pick up where it left off.

Amn
Just Plain Old Pie

Post by Amn » Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:10 pm

cheesecookie wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:33 am
Amn wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:58 am
The script ignores that setting (it toggles it if necessary). it is not related to Oil Peak.

I should probably adjust that particular 50 turn limit since it comes up for a number of reasons. The first being, we just don't have much ML and it took 50 turns. Or, we went there to make crudles. Or, it seemed like an ok place to try to get stats at.

In terms of recovery, if the Oil Peak is finished, you can either adventure somewhere else for one turn or set cc_newbieOverride = true and then rerun the script and it'll pick up where it left off.
Thanks for the reply, it is probably related to not gaining enough stats from what I could see (third option - I think it was completed and I think I had enough crude). My ML is usually +10 while running the script, for info. Having said that, how will this get better with more runs (I already get the "ML increase skill" quite early)? I only have the VIP key of the listed IOTMs, but I should still be able to do 4-5 days if I have understood everything correctly and that does not seem to add up with my low stat gains.

Also, at the time of having spent 50 turns at the Oil Peak I did have "The Goblin King Quest" as well as Twin Peak (part requiring +item) and A-Boo Peak (granted my HP was only 60-70) left. Perhaps there is a reason for the script wanting to power-level as opposed to complete those though?

EDIT: I also had the part of Spooky Mansion left where you need sufficient pool skill to access the room with writing desks left, so I completed the mansion manually. I guess this was also something the script wanted to leave for later as opposed to not being able to complete it? If this holds true (as well as the other areas mentioned above) then I guess the only problem could be too little stat gains (hopefully that's it).

Nachunte
Just Plain Old Pie

Post by Nachunte » Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:02 am

While running the script on HCCS I got an error message along the lines of: could not find the correct hat, aborting LA_community service.

(I cant find the error message in my logs :-( )

Apparently, I didn't have the correct hat for the buff and the script aborted (rerunning had the same result)

Bypassed by commenting line 1289: " #cli_execute("hatter 12");" in cc_community_service.ash.

oxc
Just Plain Old Pie

Post by oxc » Sun Oct 15, 2017 7:38 am

Today the script adventured to Level 13 in my (high-skill) Hardcore Ed run, without solving the F'cle quest, because it did not have a Talisman of Horus. Any idea what might have caused this? It had sufficient KA coins to buy one.