Hardcore Ed Script Ascending (Ascends various paths suboptimally)

For script writing
cheesecookie
Inscrutable Pi

Re: Hardcore Ed Script Ascending (Ascends various paths suboptimally)

Post by cheesecookie » Sat Mar 24, 2018 6:50 pm

harmonictempest wrote:
Sat Mar 24, 2018 6:03 pm
On r1336 (my first use of cc_ascend!) I had the spirit beer problem as well. Not sure what triggered it, but it bought something like 75 of them; I had ~650 turns of all my buffs when it stopped around turn 92.

I didn't turn on cc_ascend until turn 20; I wanted to make sure I had island access and Upgraded Legs before it started, as well as managing my Zatara buff, LOV tunnel, and some writing desk stuff. It's possible that something about the LOV or Zatara buffs made it try to buy spirit beer hoping it could extend them?

Ultimately, it bought enough beer that it didn't get to 35 spleen. It did buy stomach and liver and didn't fill them, so I was able to generate enough turns / Ka to fill the rest of spleen myself.

I also noticed the script doesn't seem to care for the KGB briefcase much - I assume it's too complex to automatically optimize clicks? It's certainly been great for my manual HCEd runs.
We usually don't put the entire logs in here, it is useful but made the quoted reply a little messy.

You have a bunch happening before the script start but the only thing that could be a issue, a minor one I suspect, is the skill selection.

You also set up the KGB yourself which probably confuses the script.

Interesting about the Spirit Beer, seems if you have a lot of MP, it ended up falling into the spirit beer trap. Partly because there was a second set of buff handling when we had lots of MP. That should be fixed now. Your choices may have made it easier to have that much MP but there was still an underlying issue in the script.

It generally won't fill stomach/liver.

harmonictempest
Just Plain Old Pie

Post by harmonictempest » Sat Mar 24, 2018 11:08 pm

cheesecookie wrote:
Sat Mar 24, 2018 6:50 pm
We usually don't put the entire logs in here, it is useful but made the quoted reply a little messy.

You have a bunch happening before the script start but the only thing that could be a issue, a minor one I suspect, is the skill selection.

You also set up the KGB yourself which probably confuses the script.

Interesting about the Spirit Beer, seems if you have a lot of MP, it ended up falling into the spirit beer trap. Partly because there was a second set of buff handling when we had lots of MP. That should be fixed now. Your choices may have made it easier to have that much MP but there was still an underlying issue in the script.

It generally won't fill stomach/liver.
Got it on all counts. I'll avoid skill selection and setting up the KGB next time - thanks for the fix!

littlereddot11
Just Plain Old Pie

Post by littlereddot11 » Sat Mar 24, 2018 11:21 pm

cheesecookie wrote:
Sat Mar 24, 2018 1:41 pm
Issue 1: It used to but I introduced a regression when trying to fix the spirit beers and avoiding accidental deaths when Hippies are the only Ka farming option. That should be fixed in r1338.

Issue 2: I'm not sure what to say about that one. If mafia failed to acknowledge the coin, I can't do much about that. :( I don't know if you situation is a mafia thing or a connection thing or something else but I suspect I can't do anything that isn't excessive (like refreshing the character status constantly) to resolve that issue.
Thanks CC for the quick fix on issue 1.
No worries about Issue 2, I agree that refreshing character status constantly is a bit excessive - I'll probably just check in on the script once in a while to make sure its on track.

I love the script, just finished my 3rd ascension with it :D I'm also really thankful to you for supporting the script all this while
harmonictempest wrote:
On r1336 (my first use of cc_ascend!) I had the spirit beer problem as well. Not sure what triggered it, but it bought something like 75 of them; I had ~650 turns of all my buffs when it stopped around turn 92.
Did you switch on auto SVN updates? The latest ccascend is at 1341. :)

harmonictempest
Just Plain Old Pie

Post by harmonictempest » Sun Mar 25, 2018 9:20 am

littlereddot11 wrote:
Sat Mar 24, 2018 11:21 pm
harmonictempest wrote:
Did you switch on auto SVN updates? The latest ccascend is at 1341. :)
Nah, I just update manually on a regular basis - probably more often now given how often CC pushes updates!

littlereddot11
Just Plain Old Pie

Post by littlereddot11 » Sun Mar 25, 2018 10:15 am

Hi CC, was running the script today for HC Ed for my next ascension and noticed something strange at the F'cle. The script did not try to maximize item drop by equiping the Cat, or equip the broken champagne bottle (it still had champagne flowing). Instead it continued with the priest and the Staff of Ed.

It did however use rene, which leads to the next issue. On round 1, I win initiative and the script uses Talisman of Rene, but due to the high damage dealt, my character dies on the next attack. As a result, it effectively just wasted the rene. haha

cheesecookie
Inscrutable Pi

Post by cheesecookie » Sun Mar 25, 2018 2:37 pm

littlereddot11 wrote:
Sat Mar 24, 2018 11:21 pm

No worries about Issue 2, I agree that refreshing character status constantly is a bit excessive - I'll probably just check in on the script once in a while to make sure its on track.
The script stops after 50 adventures in a zone just in case something bad like this happens. 50 is probably too much in some cases but I had to set a limit somewhere. The Spooky Forest actually had a hard limit because of the guaranteed non-combats.
littlereddot11 wrote:
Sun Mar 25, 2018 10:15 am
Hi CC, was running the script today for HC Ed for my next ascension and noticed something strange at the F'cle. The script did not try to maximize item drop by equiping the Cat, or equip the broken champagne bottle (it still had champagne flowing). Instead it continued with the priest and the Staff of Ed.

It did however use rene, which leads to the next issue. On round 1, I win initiative and the script uses Talisman of Rene, but due to the high damage dealt, my character dies on the next attack. As a result, it effectively just wasted the rene. haha
I've been trying to think of zones for using the Champagne Bottle lately, that doesn't seem like a bad option. As for the cat, I've never retrofitted the familiar choice code with the servant code so, I probably just need to do that.

Now, getting defeated after using the Reneutet was not expected. I know the script originally expected a love bug stun to handle this. Hmmm, under some cases, we might not be able to Reneutet there at all I suppose. I'll have to think about it.

littlereddot11
Just Plain Old Pie

Post by littlereddot11 » Wed Mar 28, 2018 7:22 am

cheesecookie wrote:
Sun Mar 25, 2018 2:37 pm
littlereddot11 wrote:
Sun Mar 25, 2018 10:15 am

I've been trying to think of zones for using the Champagne Bottle lately, that doesn't seem like a bad option. As for the cat, I've never retrofitted the familiar choice code with the servant code so, I probably just need to do that.

Now, getting defeated after using the Reneutet was not expected. I know the script originally expected a love bug stun to handle this. Hmmm, under some cases, we might not be able to Reneutet there at all I suppose. I'll have to think about it.
Ahh I see! As for the Reneutet, I usually cast curse of indecision before using rene if I know I may get killed the next turn. Could that possibly be implemented?

On a side note, last night I got stuck spending 50 turns at Hidden Park, not sure why though. But I did see the new commits - maybe next ascension I won't have that problem :)

If it's not too much to ask, I also noticed that when at Haunted Bedroom, the script did not collect the disposable camera (which is needed for the later quests) and antique mirror (so that I can powerlevel). Would you have some time to look into those?

harmonictempest
Just Plain Old Pie

Post by harmonictempest » Wed Mar 28, 2018 10:07 pm

1. I can confirm that yesterday I too spent 50 turns at Hidden Park. I adventured once or twice manually to get the janitor banish, which is I think what the script was failing to do, somehow. Things were fine after that.

2. Also, in each of the last three runs, the script has halted when trying to fight the booty crab. Here's the relevant log snippet, which has been the same each time. Each time, taking over manual control until the crab is dead fixes it. (The exact halting point is when it hits the "Underworld vs Undying" choice after dying to the booty crab.)
Preadventure skipped by standard adventure handler.

Visit to Island: Barrrney's Barrr in progress...

[165] Barrrney's Barrr
Encounter: You and the Cap'm Make it Hap'm
You and the Cap'm Make it Hap'm
You acquire an item: Cap'm Caronch's Map

Turn(165): Starting with 35 left at Level: 8
Encounter: -26.0 Exp Bonus: 8.8375
Meat Drop: 0.0 Item Drop: 50.0
HP: 31/31, MP: 21/363
Tummy: 0/5 Liver: 1/4 Spleen: 30/35
ML: 10 control: 10
Ka Coins: 24 Lashes used: 0
Delay between adventures... beep boop...
Countdown: 1 second...
Waiting completed.
Putting on wad of used tape...
Equipment changed.
Putting on pantogram pants...
Equipment changed.
Insult gathering party.
Putting your Cat to work...
Your current servant is Maatabmayas, the Cat (lvl. 6, 0 xp)

Nasty Booty time!
nextAdventure => Noob Cave
Pre Adventure at Noob Cave done, beep.
Putting your Priest to work...
Your current servant is Henamut, the Priest (lvl. 16, 137 xp)

About to start a combat indirectly at Noob Cave... (1) accesses required.

[166] Cap'm Caronch's Map
Encounter: booty crab
Round 0: Poseur loses initiative!
Round 1: You lose 59 hit points
Uh oh! Died when starting a combat indirectly.
Defeats detected: 1, Defeat threshold: 2
How are you here? You can't be here. Bloody Limit Mode (probably, maybe?)!!
3. I'm letting the script unlock the KGB by itself now, but across two runs it still wildly underuses it and runs next to no ML even though I could easily stand 50 more than it's running. Not sure that's specific enough for you to do anything about, but figured I'd offer the feedback.

Out of curiosity, why do a lot of choice adventures look like they're trying to run at the Noob Cave? I assume it's some interesting figment of your implementation choice.

cheesecookie
Inscrutable Pi

Post by cheesecookie » Thu Mar 29, 2018 2:07 pm

littlereddot11 wrote:
Wed Mar 28, 2018 7:22 am
Ahh I see! As for the Reneutet, I usually cast curse of indecision before using rene if I know I may get killed the next turn. Could that possibly be implemented?

On a side note, last night I got stuck spending 50 turns at Hidden Park, not sure why though. But I did see the new commits - maybe next ascension I won't have that problem :)

If it's not too much to ask, I also noticed that when at Haunted Bedroom, the script did not collect the disposable camera (which is needed for the later quests) and antique mirror (so that I can powerlevel). Would you have some time to look into those?
I forgot that Curse of Indecision was even a thing. I'll throw that in there.

It looks like I inverted my test case in the Hidden Park update. I've rewrote and updated it so many that'll help.

The disposable camera isn't actually necessary although I thought it backfarmed that and it doesn't. I don't know the tradeoff in terms of adventures but I think that one is worth it.

The antique hand mirror is strictly a bad choice - it costs turns to get that don't overlap with any goals and the Guy Made of Bees is terribly expensive to get. Powerleveling becomes much less necessary as you get more IotMs and skills.
harmonictempest wrote:
Wed Mar 28, 2018 10:07 pm
2. Also, in each of the last three runs, the script has halted when trying to fight the booty crab. Here's the relevant log snippet, which has been the same each time. Each time, taking over manual control until the crab is dead fixes it. (The exact halting point is when it hits the "Underworld vs Undying" choice after dying to the booty crab.)

3. I'm letting the script unlock the KGB by itself now, but across two runs it still wildly underuses it and runs next to no ML even though I could easily stand 50 more than it's running. Not sure that's specific enough for you to do anything about, but figured I'd offer the feedback.

Out of curiosity, why do a lot of choice adventures look like they're trying to run at the Noob Cave? I assume it's some interesting figment of your implementation choice.
2) I may be able to fix that, it is problematic when we jump into a non-standard combat.

3) The script has no idea of how much ML you can handle. Some players can't handle 50. You should run this in HR where it'll go over 200 ML and ignore all complaints :D I added some stuff very recently to use up some KGB effects but I haven't tailored it to anything specific yet.

4) The primary adventure handler was written at a time where run_combat could not properly handle combat filters. To trick mafia into handling the combat, we had to start the combat and then tell it to adventure somewhere. The Noob Cave was a great location because if you successfully had a combat there, we knew the script exploded.

littlereddot11
Just Plain Old Pie

Post by littlereddot11 » Thu Mar 29, 2018 9:44 pm

cheesecookie wrote:
Thu Mar 29, 2018 2:07 pm
littlereddot11 wrote:
Wed Mar 28, 2018 7:22 am

I forgot that Curse of Indecision was even a thing. I'll throw that in there.

It looks like I inverted my test case in the Hidden Park update. I've rewrote and updated it so many that'll help.

The disposable camera isn't actually necessary although I thought it backfarmed that and it doesn't. I don't know the tradeoff in terms of adventures but I think that one is worth it.

The antique hand mirror is strictly a bad choice - it costs turns to get that don't overlap with any goals and the Guy Made of Bees is terribly expensive to get. Powerleveling becomes much less necessary as you get more IotMs and skills.
Thanks CC for the fix :)

All this while I thought the disposable camera was a required item to get the photograph of dog.

Arbos
Just Plain Old Pie

Post by Arbos » Fri Mar 30, 2018 8:25 am

littlereddot11 wrote:
Thu Mar 29, 2018 9:44 pm
All this while I thought the disposable camera was a required item to get the photograph of dog.
It's often, significantly, faster to get the camera but, after fighting enough Racecar Bob's and Bob Racecar's the photograph will, eventually, drop.

cheesecookie
Inscrutable Pi

Post by cheesecookie » Fri Mar 30, 2018 8:46 am

Arbos wrote:
Fri Mar 30, 2018 8:25 am
It's often, significantly, faster to get the camera but, after fighting enough Racecar Bob's and Bob Racecar's the photograph will, eventually, drop.
Yes, it is better to backfarm the camera. I don't see any code doing that but I thought I did. I'll probably add that over the weekend - it needs to not trigger on Pocket Familiars anyway so I would have had to modify whatever was there, in anything.

littlereddot11
Just Plain Old Pie

Post by littlereddot11 » Mon Apr 02, 2018 9:22 am

cheesecookie wrote:
Fri Mar 30, 2018 8:46 am
Arbos wrote:
Fri Mar 30, 2018 8:25 am
Yes, it is better to backfarm the camera. I don't see any code doing that but I thought I did. I'll probably add that over the weekend - it needs to not trigger on Pocket Familiars anyway so I would have had to modify whatever was there, in anything.
Thanks CC! I'm really thankful for this script it has saved me a lot of hours especially on busy work days!

Below are some issues I noticed while running HC Ed:

Issue #1
The script does not maximize -combat when trying to star the war. Specifically, the script equipped frat warrior outfit and adventured at Hippy Camp, but it was running +10% combat (because it was wearing Carpe from floundry). Thankfully, it burnt only 24 turns looking for the NC before I stopped it.

Would it be possible to make an amendment to the script?

Issue #2
The script gives priority to unlocking the war zone ( i.e ignoring other quests), but it did not proceed to collect the flyers (not what I expected) and continued as per normal with the hidden city quest.

I suspect this happened because I manually started war (due to the above issue). I vaguely remember in my other runs that after opening the war it will collect flyer but I could be wrong.

I manually collected the flyers, and it started using the flyers for every combat thereafter.

Issue #3
Palindome quest, is it possible to set the olfaction (i.e curse of stench) on any of the dude types (e.g Bob Racecar, Drab Bard)? That's because I noticed the script is spending extra turns trying to find 5 dude types to kill in order to clear the quest, after all the other quest items have already been found.
(note: "I Love Me, Vol. I" drops from the fifth Bob Racecar, Racecar Bob, or Drab Bard you defeat.)

---------------------------------------------------------

I'm in no hurry for these items to be fixed 😊

cheesecookie
Inscrutable Pi

Post by cheesecookie » Fri Apr 06, 2018 11:28 pm

littlereddot11 wrote:
Mon Apr 02, 2018 9:22 am

Issue #1
The script does not maximize -combat when trying to star the war. Specifically, the script equipped frat warrior outfit and adventured at Hippy Camp, but it was running +10% combat (because it was wearing Carpe from floundry). Thankfully, it burnt only 24 turns looking for the NC before I stopped it.

Would it be possible to make an amendment to the script?

Issue #2
The script gives priority to unlocking the war zone ( i.e ignoring other quests), but it did not proceed to collect the flyers (not what I expected) and continued as per normal with the hidden city quest.

I suspect this happened because I manually started war (due to the above issue). I vaguely remember in my other runs that after opening the war it will collect flyer but I could be wrong.

I manually collected the flyers, and it started using the flyers for every combat thereafter.

Issue #3
Palindome quest, is it possible to set the olfaction (i.e curse of stench) on any of the dude types (e.g Bob Racecar, Drab Bard)? That's because I noticed the script is spending extra turns trying to find 5 dude types to kill in order to clear the quest, after all the other quest items have already been found.
(note: "I Love Me, Vol. I" drops from the fifth Bob Racecar, Racecar Bob, or Drab Bard you defeat.)
1) This is a regression error. Apparently "Wartime Hippy Camp" is not treated as "Wartime Hippy Camp (Frat Disguise)" by preadventure.

2) Yeah, that was because of the manual war start. I can probably do something about that but it is low priority.

3) This was also a regression error due to "dying" being set prematurely in order to avoid risking losing in the 3rd round.

These are hopefully all resolved in r1349.

azsedcf
Just Plain Old Pie

Post by azsedcf » Mon Apr 09, 2018 12:24 am

Got an odd error on day 1 while running HC Standard Turtle Tamer. The error is "Massive failure, we don't use snowglobes.".
It got past the intro explode stuff(a copy of what I saw on the Gcli is in the spoiler). I tried restarting it a few times, but it just kept repeating the last entry every time. I looked though the settings but could not find anything related.

I'm going to continue manually, but is there anyway to fix this myself?
Can I do anything to get more information for you?

I reduced the Cop Quest, and KGB button presses, there were a lot of it.
> cc_ascend

Hello azsedcf, time to explode!
This is version: 1349 Mafia: 18555
This is day 1.
Turns played: 0 current adventures: 40
Current Ascension: Standard
Using 1 astral six-pack...
You acquire astral pilsner (6)
Finished using 1 astral six-pack.
Loading character status...
Refreshing session data...
Synchronizing moon data...
Loading character status...
Retrieving character data...
Updating inventory...
Examining Meat in closet...
Updating closet...
Retrieving quest data...
Retrieving familiar data...
Familiar data retrieved.
Retrieving campground data...
Examining Meat and pulls in storage...
Updating storage...
You are currently a member of Bonus Adventures from Hell
Session data refreshed.
Source Terminal request: educate extract.edu
Source Terminal: educate extract.edu
Source Terminal request: educate digitize.edu
Source Terminal: educate digitize.edu
Source Terminal request: enquiry familiar.enq
Source Terminal: enquiry familiar.enq
You acquire an item: your cowboy boots
CCS set to null
teatree cuppa Voraci tea
You acquire an item: cuppa Voraci tea

Visiting the 11th Precinct Headquarters
You acquire an item: gold detective badge
You acquire cop dollar (3)
Solving all the Cases
Solving a new case...
Visiting the first room.
Asking in the Billiard Room about the killer.
Asking in the Billiard Room about the person in the Bathroom by name.
Individuals:
Vince Cline, the victim's butler in the Billiard Room.
Bertie, we've asked about the killer, and they know the killer's name: Jocelyn Keith.
Asked by name, claimed the occupation in the Bathroom was "bodyguard" which was verified and correct.

Jocelyn Keith, the victim's bodyguard in the Bathroom.

Visited locations Billiard Room.
12 minutes elapsed.
Current location: Billiard Room
We know the killer! They're in the Bathroom.
I accuse Jocelyn Keith located in the Bathroom!
Accusing the person in the Bathroom.

Solving a new case...
Visiting the first room.
Asking in the Boiler Room about the killer.
Visiting the Ballroom.
Asking in the Ballroom about the killer.
Visiting the Dining Room.
Asking in the Dining Room about the killer.
Visiting the Pantry.
Asking in the Pantry about the killer.
Asking in the Pantry about the person in the Boiler Room by name.
Individuals:
Dennis Moyer, the victim's neighbor in the Boiler Room.
Eeyore, we've asked about the killer, and they do not know about the killer.

Madeline Townsend, the victim's personal assistant in the Ballroom.
Bookish, we've asked about the killer, and they do not know about the killer.

Chloe Foreman, the victim's golf caddy in the Dining Room.
Professor, we've asked about the killer, and they do not know about the killer.

Maury Ryan, the victim's butler in the Pantry.
Nancydrew, we've asked about the killer, and they know the killer's name: Evelyn Banks.
Asked by name, claimed the occupation in the Boiler Room was "neighbor" which was verified and correct.

Evelyn Banks, the victim's ? in the Study.

Visited locations Boiler Room, Ballroom, Dining Room, and Pantry.
33 minutes elapsed.
Current location: Pantry
We know the killer! They're in the Study.
I accuse Evelyn Banks located in the Study!
Accusing the person in the Study.

Solving a new case...
Visiting the first room.
Asking in the Family Room about the killer.
Asking in the Family Room about the person in the Servants' Quarters by name.
Individuals:
Madeline Cleveland, the victim's personal assistant in the Family Room.
Eeyore, we've asked about the killer, and they know the killer's name: Chloe Lang.
Asked by name, claimed the occupation in the Servants' Quarters was "golf caddy" which was verified and correct.

Chloe Lang, the victim's golf caddy in the Servants' Quarters.

Visited locations Family Room.
12 minutes elapsed.
Current location: Family Room
We know the killer! They're in the Servants' Quarters.
I accuse Chloe Lang located in the Servants' Quarters!
Accusing the person in the Servants' Quarters.
Solving Case 1:
Solved the case in 14 minutes, earning 11 bonus dollars.
Solving Case 2:
Solved the case in 35 minutes, earning 7 bonus dollars.
Solving Case 3:
Solved the case in 14 minutes, earning 11 bonus dollars.
Completed solving cases. Earned 38 cop dollars. Historical average is 29 dollars/day and 37 minutes/case.
Returned: void
Verifying ingredients for shoe gum (1)...
Purchasing shoe gum (1 @ 10 cop dollars)...
Visiting the Precinct Materiel Division...
You acquire an item: shoe gum
Precinct Materiel Division successfully looted!
Successfully created shoe gum (1)

KGB IS CLICKING LIKE A FIDGET CUBE AHHHHHH!
Clicking 1 and now: 9
Clicking 1 and now: 10
Clicking 1 and now: 0
Clicking 1 and now: 1
Clicking 1 and now: 2
Clicking 1 and now: 3
Clicking 1 and now: 4
Clicking 1 and now: 5
Clicking 1 and now: 6
Clicking 2 and now: 4
Clicking 2 and now: 5
Clicking 2 and now: 6
Clicking 3 and now: 9
Clicking 3 and now: 10
Clicking 3 and now: 0
Clicking 3 and now: 1
Clicking 3 and now: 2
Clicking 3 and now: 3
Clicking 3 and now: 4
Clicking 3 and now: 5
Clicking 3 and now: 6
Clicking 4 and now: 2
Clicking 4 and now: 3
Clicking 4 and now: 4
Clicking 4 and now: 5
Clicking 4 and now: 6
Clicking 5 and now: 4
Clicking 5 and now: 5
Clicking 5 and now: 6
Clicking 6 and now: 5
Clicking 6 and now: 6
You acquire an effect: The Spy Who Loved XP (10)
Clicking 1 and now: 7
Clicking 1 and now: 8
Clicking 1 and now: 9
Clicking 1 and now: 10
Clicking 1 and now: 0
Clicking 1 and now: 1
Clicking 1 and now: 2
Clicking 1 and now: 3
Clicking 2 and now: 7
Clicking 2 and now: 8
Clicking 2 and now: 9
Clicking 2 and now: 10
Clicking 2 and now: 0
Clicking 2 and now: 1
Clicking 2 and now: 2
Clicking 2 and now: 3
Clicking 3 and now: 7
Clicking 3 and now: 8
Clicking 3 and now: 9
Clicking 3 and now: 10
Clicking 3 and now: 0
Clicking 3 and now: 1
Clicking 3 and now: 2
Clicking 3 and now: 3
You acquire exploding cigar (3)
Clicking 4 and now: 7
Clicking 4 and now: 8
Clicking 4 and now: 9
Clicking 4 and now: 10
Clicking 4 and now: 0
Clicking 4 and now: 1
Clicking 4 and now: 2
Clicking 5 and now: 7
Clicking 5 and now: 8
Clicking 5 and now: 9
Clicking 5 and now: 10
Clicking 5 and now: 0
Clicking 5 and now: 1
Clicking 5 and now: 2
Clicking 6 and now: 7
Clicking 6 and now: 8
Clicking 6 and now: 9
Clicking 6 and now: 10
Clicking 6 and now: 0
Clicking 6 and now: 1
Clicking 6 and now: 2
You acquire exploding cigar (3)
Clicking 1 and now: 4
Clicking 1 and now: 5
Clicking 1 and now: 6
Clicking 1 and now: 7
Clicking 2 and now: 4
Clicking 2 and now: 5
Clicking 2 and now: 6
Clicking 2 and now: 7
Clicking 2 and now: 8
Clicking 2 and now: 9
Clicking 3 and now: 4
Clicking 3 and now: 5
Clicking 3 and now: 6
Clicking 3 and now: 7
Clicking 3 and now: 8
Clicking 4 and now: 3
Clicking 4 and now: 4
Clicking 4 and now: 5
Clicking 4 and now: 6
Clicking 4 and now: 7
Clicking 4 and now: 8
Clicking 5 and now: 3
Clicking 5 and now: 4
Clicking 5 and now: 5
Clicking 5 and now: 6
Clicking 5 and now: 7
Clicking 5 and now: 8
Clicking 5 and now: 9
Clicking 6 and now: 3
Clicking 6 and now: 4
Clicking 6 and now: 5
Clicking 6 and now: 6
Clicking 6 and now: 7
Hitting tab modification button: 1
Hitting tab modification button: 2
Hitting tab modification button: 3
Found rings of value 6
Tab 2 with height of 1
Tab 5 with height of 2
Tab 6 with height of 2
Found rings of value 1
Tab 2 with height of 2
Tab 3 with height of 2
Tab 4 with height of 1
Tab 5 with height of 2
Cranking did not work, uh oh!
You acquire an item: golden gun
You acquire golden gum (3)
You acquire an item: tiny plastic golden gundam
You acquire an item: splendid martini
You acquire an intrinsic: Spirit of Peppermint
Spirit of Peppermint was successfully cast.
You acquire an item: letter from King Ralph XI
Using 1 letter from King Ralph XI...
You acquire an item: pork elf goodies sack
You acquire an item: disassembled clover
Finished using 1 letter from King Ralph XI.
Using 1 pork elf goodies sack...
You acquire an item: porquoise
You acquire an item: hamethyst
You acquire an item: hamethyst
Finished using 1 pork elf goodies sack.
Autoselling items to NPCs...
You gain 1,000 Meat
Items sold.
Autoselling items to NPCs...
You gain 1,500 Meat
Items sold.
Purchasing toy accordion (1 @ 142)...
You spent 142 Meat
You acquire an item: toy accordion
Purchases complete.
Gum acquistion of: saucepan
Purchasing chewing gum on a string (1 @ 47)...
You spent 47 Meat
You acquire an item: chewing gum on a string
Purchases complete.
Using 1 chewing gum on a string...
You acquire an item: pasta spoon
Finished using 1 chewing gum on a string.
Purchasing chewing gum on a string (1 @ 47)...
You spent 47 Meat
You acquire an item: chewing gum on a string
Purchases complete.
Using 1 chewing gum on a string...
You acquire an item: saucepan
Finished using 1 chewing gum on a string.
Putting on helmet turtle...
Equipment changed.
Wielding turtle totem...
Equipment changed.
Holding KoL Con 13 snowglobe...
Equipment changed.
Putting on old sweatpants...
Equipment changed.
Putting on protonic accelerator pack...
Equipment changed.
Putting on astral ring...
Equipment changed.
Putting on your cowboy boots...
Equipment changed.
Putting on gold detective badge...
Equipment changed.

No semirare found yet this run.

Unexpired counters:
Semirare window begin (70)
Semirare window end (80)

Council of Loathing

We don't have anything you can help us with right now, Adventurer. You should go explore a little, get your bearings, and come back when you're a little stronger.

You could check out the Outskirts of Cobb's Knob, in the Nearby Plains.

Or maybe the Haunted Pantry is more your style -- you can find it inside Spookyraven Manor over on the Right Side of the Tracks.

Another option is The Sleazy Back Alley, on the Wrong Side of the Tracks. But you didn't hear it from us.

By the way, we're sick of all these disasters. Holes in the sky. Tentacle beasts trying to eat our town? We're going to do something about this, you just wait.
kingLiberatedScript => scripts/kingcheese.ash
afterAdventureScript => scripts/postcheese.ash
betweenBattleScript => scripts/precheese.ash
Visiting Deluxe Mr. Klaw "Skill" Crane Game in clan VIP lounge
Visiting Mr. Klaw "Skill" Crane Game in clan rumpus room
You acquire an item: stuffed sleazy gravy fairy
Already in this clan, no need to try to change (90485)
_clanFortuneConsultUses => 42069
Purchasing fortune cookie (1 @ 38)...
You spent 38 Meat
You acquire an item: fortune cookie
Purchases complete.
Eating 1 fortune cookie...
You gain 1 Adventure
You gain 1 Fullness
Lucky numbers: 297, 80, 145
Lucky number 297 ignored - too large to be a semirare.
Lucky number 145 ignored - too large to be a semirare.
Finished eating 1 fortune cookie.
Turn(0): Starting with 41 left at Level: 1
Encounter: -5.0 Exp Bonus: 2.5
Meat Drop: 90.0 Item Drop: 85.0
HP: 12/103, MP: 9/93
Tummy: 1/15 Liver: 0/14 Spleen: 0/15
ML: 0 control: 0
Waiting completed.
Purchasing detuned radio (1 @ 285)...
You spent 285 Meat
You acquire an item: detuned radio
Purchases complete.
Resetting mind control device...
Mind control device reset.

Visiting The Horsery
Chose the dark horse
Taking Stolliam the Intergnat out of terrarium...
Costume 3 applied to Intergnat
Putting Stolliam the Intergnat back into terrarium...
Taking Bubastian the XO Skeleton out of terrarium...
Costume 2 applied to XO Skeleton
Putting Bubastian the XO Skeleton back into terrarium...
You acquire an item: makeshift garbage shirt
Massive failure, we don't use snowglobes.

> cc_ascend

This is day 1.
Turns played: 0 current adventures: 41
CCS set to null
Encounter: -10.0 Exp Bonus: 4.166666666666667
HP: 12/103, MP: 9/93
Waiting completed.
Putting on makeshift garbage shirt...
You acquire an item: Letter for Melvign the Gnome
Equipment changed.
Putting on pantogram pants...
Equipment changed.
Using 1 Letter for Melvign the Gnome...

Talking to Melvign the Gnome
Finished using 1 Letter for Melvign the Gnome.

> cc_ascend

This is day 1.
Turns played: 0 current adventures: 41
CCS set to null
Encounter: -15.0 Exp Bonus: 14.333333333333334
HP: 12/162, MP: 9/93
Waiting completed.
Edit: I just tried un-equipping everything and also restarting KolMafia, but it just re-equipped everything then gave the same error.

Edit 2: Ok... After doing a few quests, I tried again and it's working this time even though the snowglobe is equipped. Huh.

cheesecookie
Inscrutable Pi

Post by cheesecookie » Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:55 am

azsedcf wrote:
Mon Apr 09, 2018 12:24 am
Got an odd error on day 1 while running HC Standard Turtle Tamer. The error is "Massive failure, we don't use snowglobes.".

Edit: I just tried un-equipping everything and also restarting KolMafia, but it just re-equipped everything then gave the same error.

Edit 2: Ok... After doing a few quests, I tried again and it's working this time even though the snowglobe is equipped. Huh.
As far as I know, this error occurs because your last adventure before you ascended was in the DMT (if it couldn't have been, let me know). I set the location to none at initialization time but I'm guessing that it might get overridden afterwards. Adventuring somewhere that has a location should fix this but I'd like to figure out something better.

It is referring to the DMT snowglobe, not the KoL Con one.

Amn
Just Plain Old Pie

Post by Amn » Sun Apr 15, 2018 1:57 am

Hi again,

I have a weird error during HC Ed. I have done 20+ runs with your script with some manual input when required, but only experienced this the last three/four runs. I have updated Mafia/SVN, but the issue persists. The issue is that it does not move on to the Hippy camp at Day 1 and it does not use any of the collected Ka. Once I manually go to one fight at the Hippy camp and buy upgraded legs and/or spleen+beef haunch, it realizes this potential and starts running normally. Has anyone else experienced this as well? It

tansiq
Just Plain Old Pie

Post by tansiq » Sat May 05, 2018 4:34 pm

I'm having trouble getting the script. when I try to run the checkout, i get an error.

> svn checkout https://svn.code.sf.net/p/ccascend/code/cc_ascend

svn: E160013: '/p/ccascend/code/cc_ascend' path not found: 404 Not Found (https://svn.code.sf.net)
Unable to connect with repository at /p/ccascend/code/cc_ascend
Done.

I copied the svn checkout from the beginning of the post, then i tried the one in a message or two after the original post. Am I missing something about downloading the script?

cheesecookie
Inscrutable Pi

Post by cheesecookie » Sat May 05, 2018 5:11 pm

Sourceforge is terrible and they can't seem to handle running their own servers. There isn't much you can do about this aside from wait until they get their act together.

They've been having lots of issues over the last few months. It may actually cause me to move the script to github.

Fessor Eli
Just Plain Old Pie

Post by Fessor Eli » Fri May 11, 2018 6:31 am

First I want to says Thanks for the work on this script and how it's been kept up to date with changes to the game.
A question--Is there a way to change a setting so that it stops after defeating the NS without freeing the King?

cheesecookie
Inscrutable Pi

Post by cheesecookie » Fri May 11, 2018 3:20 pm

Fessor Eli wrote:
Fri May 11, 2018 6:31 am
First I want to says Thanks for the work on this script and how it's been kept up to date with changes to the game.
A question--Is there a way to change a setting so that it stops after defeating the NS without freeing the King?
set cc_stayInRun = true

May not work with unsupported paths where the NS is not the final boss.

cheesecookie
Inscrutable Pi

Post by cheesecookie » Wed May 16, 2018 11:15 pm

For the immediate future, I won't be posting any further updates to the script. I have left G-Lover in an abort state to avoid causing any massive problems. Please don't contact me over the script until I remove this post.

Update: I'm sorta back for updates and stuff. Still taking a little breather from getting too active into the game but I'll handle script stuff and such.
Last edited by cheesecookie on Wed Jul 25, 2018 11:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

rendar55
Just Plain Old Pie

Post by rendar55 » Wed May 23, 2018 1:04 pm

Hello! I'm hoping someone can help me with some issues I've ran into ever since I ran a G-Lover ascension. The issues happened in a pair of hardcore standard runs after my one and only G-lover run. The script gets to level 13 without doing the Spookyraven 2nd floor, pirates, or war. In fact, it doesn't even start the war. I am having the same issues with a second character who has only been doing HC Ed runs for awhile. I found a number of variables to track, but nothing really seems to be out of place.

Does anyone know what might be causing the script to skip Spookyraven 2, pirates, and war? Also, does anyone know where I can get older versions of the script? I'm wondering if maybe the newest version somehow broke something for me. My next step is a fresh Mafia install, but I really don't want to reset all my stuff. Thanks!
Last edited by rendar55 on Wed May 30, 2018 1:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rendar55
Just Plain Old Pie

Post by rendar55 » Tue May 29, 2018 9:56 am

Hello again! A fresh mafia install didn't fix it, nor did a run on the original install afterwards. I'll post some notes here, partially so I can find them later and partially in case anyone sees this. Day 1 finishes fine without issue.
Day 2 skips :
LX_pirateInsults()
LX_pirateBlueprint()
LX_pirateBeerPong()
LX_fcle()
Spooky2

When it attempts to do the Spookyraven basement, it enters an infinite loop, since Spooky2 hasn't been done yet. When it does this, I can manually do spooky2, pirate insults, get fledges, and get talisman. When I resume afterwards, the script starts the war and carries on as expected.

rendar55
Just Plain Old Pie

Post by rendar55 » Wed May 30, 2018 1:09 pm

Hello yet again! In case anyone else is having the same issue, I think I found a fix for the pirate portion. At the very start of the function boolean LX_pirateInsults(), this code snippet appears to be skipping the entire function, causing multiple other functions to get skipped:

if(!get_property("cc_shenCopperhead").to_boolean())
{
return false;
}

My fix was to comment out the "return false". cc_ascend then made it through the pirates.

edit:
For doing the second floor of the spookyraven manor, in the function boolean LX_spookyravenSecond() I changed the >= to < in the code below.

if((get_property("cc_spookyravensecond") != "") || (get_property("lastSecondFloorUnlock").to_int() >= my_ascensions()))
{
return false;
}

acidsoul
Just Plain Old Pie

Post by acidsoul » Thu May 31, 2018 9:42 am

rendar55 wrote:
Wed May 30, 2018 1:09 pm
Hello yet again! In case anyone else is having the same issue, I think I found a fix for the pirate portion. At the very start of the function boolean LX_pirateInsults(), this code snippet appears to be skipping the entire function, causing multiple other functions to get skipped:

{
return false;
}

My fix was to comment out the "return false". cc_ascend then made it through the pirates.

edit:
For doing the second floor of the spookyraven manor, in the function boolean LX_spookyravenSecond() I changed the >= to < in the code below.

if((get_property("cc_spookyravensecond") != "") || (get_property("lastSecondFloorUnlock").to_int() >= my_ascensions()))
{
return false;
}
I was having the same issues as you during my last few Hardcore Ed runs. Day 1 ran perfectly. Then on day 2, all of the issues you described happened to me. I tried investigating the issues as you did, but never found a resolution. I ended up abandoning HC Ed runs, and learning how to do 2 day Hardcore Community Services runs manually though, so that's been a nice change of pace for me.

I haven't tested these changes, but thanks for investigating and finding a resolution!

--acidsoul

cheesecookie
Inscrutable Pi

Post by cheesecookie » Fri Jun 01, 2018 1:39 pm

rendar55 wrote:
Wed May 30, 2018 1:09 pm

{
return false;
}

edit:

{
return false;
}
Those are both correctly determined. The first is definitely a regression error. The second might be too but I just don't remember making it. I'll update to resolve those.

Cieka
Pie of the Sky

Post by Cieka » Fri Jul 27, 2018 2:47 am

Hey cheese!

Is there a way to get it to not set the MCD to 10? I tried running this on Cieka again last night in a HC low skill ascension (I have several HP perm skills, but few of them are relevant to survival).

It immediately set the MCD to 10, went to Cobb's knob and I got the crap beat out of me, repeatedly.

I tried manually setting it, but it just resets it immediately after.

azsedcf
Just Plain Old Pie

Post by azsedcf » Fri Jul 27, 2018 9:09 pm

I've got an odd issue, when I try running a regular or hardcore standard run it seem that the script has a fit when unlocking the hidden temple. If it goes the path of unlocking with the map, after it unlocks the temple it then tries to talk to Dakota Fanning, who isn't there and gets trapped.

If it decides to do the Dakota Fanning route, then it just gets trapped.

By trapped it keeps running this bit of text over and over in a loop, even if I restart either the script or kolmafia. On later days it will do the startup and pre-adventuring stuff, but then get trapped again. Here is an example from today. This time it went the map route and unlocked the temple.

Code: Select all

[33] The Spooky Forest
Encounter: Arboreal Respite
Encounter: The Road Less Traveled
Encounter: Tree's Last Stand
You spent 100 Meat
You acquire an item: spooky sapling
Using 1 Spooky Temple map...
Finished using 1 Spooky Temple map.
Turn(33): Starting with 38 left and 12 pulls left at Level: 6
Encounter: -26.0 Exp Bonus: 30.395833333333332
Meat Drop: 110.0 Item Drop: 147.5967477524977
HP: 130/141, MP: 102/102
Tummy: 1/15 Liver: 4/14 Spleen: 0/15
Waiting completed.
Looking at the billiards room: 14 <= 17 <= 18
Not quite boozed up for the billiards room... we'll be back.

Talking to Dakota Fanning
Waiting completed.

Waiting completed.

Waiting completed.

Waiting completed.

KoLmafia declares world peace.
If I hadn't stopped it, it would keep going. The first time I ran across this I had walked away for a half hour. It was Dakota Fannings all the way down. Is there something I can do to fix this?

Edit: For some reason the next day it's cleared up.

Fessor Eli
Just Plain Old Pie

Post by Fessor Eli » Mon Jul 30, 2018 8:21 am

Curious as to status of g-lover in cc_ascend? Thanks

cheesecookie
Inscrutable Pi

Post by cheesecookie » Thu Aug 02, 2018 4:26 pm

Cieka wrote:
Fri Jul 27, 2018 2:47 am
Is there a way to get it to not set the MCD to 10? I tried running this on Cieka again last night in a HC low skill ascension (I have several HP perm skills, but few of them are relevant to survival).
set cc_beatenUpCount = 30

That should get it to be cautious about ML.
azsedcf wrote:
Fri Jul 27, 2018 9:09 pm
I've got an odd issue, when I try running a regular or hardcore standard run it seem that the script has a fit when unlocking the hidden temple. If it goes the path of unlocking with the map, after it unlocks the temple it then tries to talk to Dakota Fanning, who isn't there and gets trapped.

Edit: For some reason the next day it's cleared up.
This may have been due to an issue where I did not reset the Dakota Fanning setting upon setting the script in a new ascension. Actually, I think there is a secondary issue that I should go patch up too...
Fessor Eli wrote:
Mon Jul 30, 2018 8:21 am
Curious as to status of g-lover in cc_ascend? Thanks
Works poorly, giving me 4 day Softcore runs at the moment. I suggest pulling milk/milk (magnesium/gallon) to eat on days 1/2/4 (astral hot dogs on day 3). And maybe pull a mime army shotglass and some 1 drunk gbooze to help. I would suggest potentially pulling loadstone/logging hatchet on day 2 and digitizing a wished ghost on Day 1. Also, go Seal Clubber. You may need to pull something like a ghast iron cleaver if you are having combat issues.

Cieka
Pie of the Sky

Post by Cieka » Fri Aug 03, 2018 4:43 am

Thanks, I'll try that and see how it works. I'd like to ask a few other questions and I apologize, but I have been gone a long time so some of these may try your patience (speaking of which, lol, what type of donations would you prefer for this amazing piece of brilliance? :)

1) I notice it changes my choice adventures choices for the daily dungeon when running it. Is this assuming that I have a gelatinous cubeling that the script should have used to get me the pick-o-matic lockpicks? I am in a SC ascension, don't have the lockpicks, but I have pulled a PYEC and it stops the script and forces me to choose every time because it doesn't recognize that as an option. It sets (example 692 to choice 3)

1.2) The same is true for 693. I'm guessing I just need to buy the cubeling, but it's still worth mentioning that for at least the first scenario, a reasonable alternative exists that it doesn't see.

2) Does it recognize, and use combat scripts if they exist? It complained about an auto-attack macro, so I got rid of it, but I haven't figure out if there's a way to "help" it with a combat plan that works for me. Even using the above setting it's trying to do the pirate quest now, and when putting on the pirate outfit (which lowers my survivability substantially), it just attacks constantly. I'd prefer to it noodle/salve/shield butt, as an example, especially on harder fights, but it doesn't seem to get that.

2.2) It's entirely possible that this is a function of me having been gone a REALLY long time, and there are skills that are just "given" by this point that I don't have. I've read most of this thread, but skimming a bit since it's 3 years old. Is there an updated list somewhere, or some personal knowledge of things it might be assuming I have, but don't, for skills, much like the cubeling? (and other familiars for that matter?)

2.3) The above combat script works better if if I keep the navel ring equipped, rather than the astral ring. I'm done with the F'cle now though so I can't test. Is it possible that if I leave the navel ring in my acc1 slot it will assume that's the one to keep, or not?

3) Assuming said list above about skills and items exists, and there's a bit of catchup I need to do, what would you recommend I farm to pick up a few of those combat related skills in the meantime? There seems to be precious little that I can do to get it to farm karma without a couple hours of manual intervention each day (which sadly, I don't have). Running manually is making me re-learn or learn a bunch of stuff, but it'd be useful to be able to manually run say, once a week or every other week, and get 1-2 other ascensions in each week to help catch back up. Someone mentioned community runs as a possibility?

--Cieka

cheesecookie
Inscrutable Pi

Post by cheesecookie » Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:19 pm

Cieka wrote:
Fri Aug 03, 2018 4:43 am
...what type of donations would you prefer...
Turtle mechs are always the answer.
Cieka wrote:
1) I notice it changes my choice adventures choices for the daily dungeon when running it. Is this assuming that I have a gelatinous cubeling that the script should have used to get me the pick-o-matic lockpicks? I am in a SC ascension, don't have the lockpicks, but I have pulled a PYEC and it stops the script and forces me to choose every time because it doesn't recognize that as an option. It sets (example 692 to choice 3)

1.2) The same is true for 693. I'm guessing I just need to buy the cubeling, but it's still worth mentioning that for at least the first scenario, a reasonable alternative exists that it doesn't see.
I actually thought I had handled this. Maybe I put down the wrong choice, the code sets it to choice 4, if you have a PYEC choice 7, else if you have lockpicks choice 3, else, if you have an extra skeleton key choice 2.

693 should be set to option 2 if you have an Eleven-Foot pole, otherwise option 1. I'm a little confused as to what is going on.
Cieka wrote:
2) Does it recognize, and use combat scripts if they exist? It complained about an auto-attack macro, so I got rid of it, but I haven't figure out if there's a way to "help" it with a combat plan that works for me. Even using the above setting it's trying to do the pirate quest now, and when putting on the pirate outfit (which lowers my survivability substantially), it just attacks constantly. I'd prefer to it noodle/salve/shield butt, as an example, especially on harder fights, but it doesn't seem to get that.
Yes, it'll just warn you as a combat script can cause problems. Noodle/salve/shieldbutt is probably fine. The major issue is if your script uses something that is once-per-combat that cc_ascend wants to use.
Cieka wrote:
2.2) It's entirely possible that this is a function of me having been gone a REALLY long time, and there are skills that are just "given" by this point that I don't have. I've read most of this thread, but skimming a bit since it's 3 years old. Is there an updated list somewhere, or some personal knowledge of things it might be assuming I have, but don't, for skills, much like the cubeling? (and other familiars for that matter?)
There isn't really a list. The Cubeling is important. If you are sauceror: Curse of Weaksauce, Itchy Trigger Finger, Cannelloni (sp?) Cannon. That provides a decide combat for Sauceror.
Cieka wrote:
2.3) The above combat script works better if if I keep the navel ring equipped, rather than the astral ring. I'm done with the F'cle now though so I can't test. Is it possible that if I leave the navel ring in my acc1 slot it will assume that's the one to keep, or not?
Set cc_equipment_override_acc1 and that may work. Accessory slot 3 is the most resistant to overrides. The accessory code is terrible at the moment. Absolutely awful.
Cieka wrote:
3) Assuming said list above about skills and items exists, and there's a bit of catchup I need to do, what would you recommend I farm to pick up a few of those combat related skills in the meantime? There seems to be precious little that I can do to get it to farm karma without a couple hours of manual intervention each day (which sadly, I don't have). Running manually is making me re-learn or learn a bunch of stuff, but it'd be useful to be able to manually run say, once a week or every other week, and get 1-2 other ascensions in each week to help catch back up. Someone mentioned community runs as a possibility?
Hardcore Community Service is the standard goto for karma farming. The most stuff you have, the better, of course. I don't know the minimum but Curse of Weaksauce and Itchy Trigger Finger are pretty much an absolute requirement for the script. If you try it, you may want to do it something when I'm online so we can talk about it as you do it.

Cieka
Pie of the Sky

Post by Cieka » Thu Aug 09, 2018 3:58 am

Thank you so much for that, I did a bunch of reading after this and will try and follow up with some more specific things when I get my feet back under me.

The only immediate question I have is your mention of itchy trigger finger, which doesn't seem to be permable?

Since curse of weaksauce is also mentioned, do you mean itchy curse finger (making curses not take a combat turn?)

cheesecookie
Inscrutable Pi

Post by cheesecookie » Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:49 am

Cieka wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 3:58 am
Thank you so much for that, I did a bunch of reading after this and will try and follow up with some more specific things when I get my feet back under me.

The only immediate question I have is your mention of itchy trigger finger, which doesn't seem to be permable?

Since curse of weaksauce is also mentioned, do you mean itchy curse finger (making curses not take a combat turn?)
Uh, yeah that one. That lets you weaksauce and not be killed while you do it.

I don't know anything about this game anymore.

Baconator5000
Just Plain Old Pie

Post by Baconator5000 » Tue Oct 02, 2018 11:36 am

Been having problems with Ed. First off, the script will seem to intentional make me die three times, so that I have to manually use a Ka to revive. This is because it wants to cast MILD CURSE at high level enemies, or just any enemies when low level.

It also seems to get confused if you don't open the island for it manually, and spend a good amount of turns dying in the 70s volcano. Furthermore, it didn't buy (spleen) food for Ed. I had to drop HC in order to get myself some antimatter wads in order to get it going again. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Edit: On another character, the script properly killed the same enemies that the character i am complaining about. Huh.... The character that it was properly killing on was in Ronin, not HC, did that change its priorities?

taltamir
Just Plain Old Pie

Post by taltamir » Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:24 pm

Great script. Noticed 2 issues:

1. when skipping the dense llianas with a machete. The script will switch weapons back and forth after every single liana. Instead of
>equip machete
>kill all 15 lianas at 0 adv cost
>return to normal equipment

it does
>equip machete
>kill 1 liana for 0 adv cost
>equip normal weapon
>equap machete
>equip normal weapon
repeat 15 times. this is much unncessary server hits.

> Post Adventure done, beep.
> Turn(1834): Starting with 80 left and -1 pulls left at Level: 18
> Still flyering: 0
> Encounter: -5.0   Exp Bonus: 9.258333333333335
> Meat Drop: 66.49719092257398   Item Drop: 40.0
> HP: 371/371, MP: 601/626
> Tummy: 0/15 Liver: 3/19 Spleen: 0/15
> ML: 25 control: 10
> Soulsauce: 44
> Delay between adventures... beep boop... 

equip weapon titanium assault umbrella

equip weapon antique machete
> Starting preadventure script...
> Pre Adventure at A Massive Ziggurat done, beep.

[1835] A Massive Ziggurat
Encounter: dense liana
Round 0: taltamir_no_MrStore wins initiative!
Round 1: taltamir_no_MrStore wins the fight!
You gain 5 Soulsauce

cast 1 Soul Food
You gain 15 Mana Points

cast 1 Cannelloni Cocoon
You gain 11 hit points
> Post Adventure done, beep.
> Turn(1834): Starting with 80 left and -1 pulls left at Level: 18
> Still flyering: 0
> Encounter: -5.0   Exp Bonus: 9.258333333333335
> Meat Drop: 66.49719092257398   Item Drop: 40.0
> HP: 371/371, MP: 596/626
> Tummy: 0/15 Liver: 3/19 Spleen: 0/15
> ML: 25 control: 10
> Soulsauce: 44
> Delay between adventures... beep boop... 

equip weapon titanium assault umbrella

equip weapon antique machete
> Starting preadventure script...
> Pre Adventure at A Massive Ziggurat done, beep.

2. When in after ronin, it tries to "pull" food it bought from the mall, and this fails because the food never went into hangk because i am after ronin. It also for some reason tries to pull 0 units.

Using cached search results for spaghetti with Skullheads...
Purchasing spaghetti with Skullheads (1 @ 5,998)...
Purchases complete.
Trying to pull 0 of spaghetti with Skullheads
Failed pulling 0 of spaghetti with Skullheads
Starting bedtime: Pulls Left: -1
Deleting processed mail...
4 messages deleted.
3. seems to be flipping pieces of the outfit after every turn in the frat-hippy war too. Every turn it wears the reinforced beaded headband (part of hippy disguise), then the badge of authority, then the frat warrior fatigues (with replaces both of the above)

Post Adventure done, beep.
Turn(2065): Starting with 2 left and -1 pulls left at Level: 19
Encounter: -5.0 Exp Bonus: 5.666666666666665
Meat Drop: 110.332495807108 Item Drop: 40.0
HP: 319/319, MP: 570/574
Tummy: 14/15 Liver: 19/19 Spleen: 0/15
ML: 5 control: 0
Soulsauce: 98
Waiting completed.
Putting on reinforced beaded headband...
Equipment changed.
Putting on badge of authority...
Equipment changed.
Doing the wars.
Putting on outfit: Frat Warrior Fatigues
Equipment changed.
the above were on BIG after-ronin at level 19 if it matters. (it shouldn't... but...)

taltamir
Just Plain Old Pie

Post by taltamir » Sun Oct 14, 2018 3:01 pm

In hardcore Ed, 0 bonus skillpoints from previous ascensions, when running out of meat it goes into an infinite loop.

Turn(857): Starting with 31 left at Level: 11
Encounter:     0.0 Exp Bonus: 7.654166666666667
Meat Drop:     0.0 Item Drop: 55.566838487557476
HP: 59/116,     MP: 127/287
Tummy: 0/5 Liver: 2/4 Spleen:     35/35
Ka     Coins: 8 Lashes used: 1
Delay between     adventures... beep boop... 
Waiting     completed.
Searching for baking soda, I mean,     blasting pop.
Putting your Priest to work...
Your current     servant is Imhorhenbek, the Priest (lvl. 24, 385 xp)

Putting your     Cat to work...
Your current servant is Esbithis, the Cat (lvl. 23, 325     xp)

Starting preadventure script...
We     can't cap this drop bear!
Pre Adventure at     The Haunted Laundry Room done, beep.
Starting     Ed Battle at The Haunted Laundry Room

Preadventure     skipped by standard adventure handler.
Desired purchase quantity     not reached (wanted 1, got 0)
You need 1 more Doc     Galaktik's Invigorating Tonic to continue.
Autorecovery     failed.
The above repeats infinitely.

Also, is there some setting I can give it to automatically use fortune cookies to grab the food/drink semirares? Ed has a small stomach and liver, but they are still there

cheesecookie
Inscrutable Pi

Post by cheesecookie » Thu Oct 18, 2018 3:42 pm

Baconator5000 wrote:
Tue Oct 02, 2018 11:36 am
Been having problems with Ed. First off, the script will seem to intentional make me die three times, so that I have to manually use a Ka to revive. This is because it wants to cast MILD CURSE at high level enemies, or just any enemies when low level.

It also seems to get confused if you don't open the island for it manually, and spend a good amount of turns dying in the 70s volcano. Furthermore, it didn't buy (spleen) food for Ed. I had to drop HC in order to get myself some antimatter wads in order to get it going again. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Edit: On another character, the script properly killed the same enemies that the character i am complaining about. Huh.... The character that it was properly killing on was in Ronin, not HC, did that change its priorities?
It may have had better options in Ronin? It will cast mild curse when it runs out of options, which is not desirable. It may have an unresolved MP issue.

I don't know enough about the combats you are dying in to try to help.
taltamir wrote:
Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:24 pm
Great script. Noticed 2 issues:

1. when skipping the dense llianas with a machete. The script will switch weapons back and forth after every single liana. Instead of
>equip machete
>kill all 15 lianas at 0 adv cost
>return to normal equipment

it does
>equip machete
>equip normal weapon
>equap machete
>equip normal weapon
repeat 15 times. this is much unncessary server hits.

2. When in after ronin, it tries to "pull" food it bought from the mall, and this fails because the food never went into hangk because i am after ronin. It also for some reason tries to pull 0 units.

3. seems to be flipping pieces of the outfit after every turn in the frat-hippy war too. Every turn it wears the reinforced beaded headband (part of hippy disguise), then the badge of authority, then the frat warrior fatigues (with replaces both of the above)

the above were on BIG after-ronin at level 19 if it matters. (it shouldn't... but...)
1) This will not be changing. Fighting 15 lianas in a row is not always desirable.

2) I don't know what to tell you about post-ronin. That is not a situation I can replicate easily at all. I can probably do something about that. Pulling 0 is not an issue though.

3) Similar to 1), we may not be going to try the war again so we have to reconsider our outfit. BIG is not supported but that is unrelated.
taltamir wrote:
Sun Oct 14, 2018 3:01 pm
In hardcore Ed, 0 bonus skillpoints from previous ascensions, when running out of meat it goes into an infinite loop.

Preadventure     skipped by standard adventure handler.
Desired purchase quantity     not reached (wanted 1, got 0)
You need 1 more Doc     Galaktik's Invigorating Tonic to continue.
Autorecovery     failed.
The above repeats infinitely.

Also, is there some setting I can give it to automatically use fortune cookies to grab the food/drink semirares? Ed has a small stomach and liver, but they are still there
1) autorecovery should not be enabled. I'm not sure why preadventure was skipped in your case but this wasn't an action of the script.

2) At the moment no, some fortune cookie management is bound to happen but I can't remotely estimate as to when.

Finally, kmails are probably better for getting in touch. I don't check these forums often. Although, I have a backlog of well over a dozen kmails.

taltamir
Just Plain Old Pie

Post by taltamir » Mon Oct 22, 2018 1:14 am

Thank you for the answers. (also has this forum been down for the last 2 days?)
cheesecookie wrote:
Thu Oct 18, 2018 3:42 pm
1) This will not be changing. Fighting 15 lianas in a row is not always desirable.
I am curious, when it is not optimal to do the 15 dense liana free fights immediately?

Anyways, to clarify. The main issue I was getting it is that it was flipping its equipment choice back and forth between each dense liana, even though it decided to do all 15 in a row.
cheesecookie wrote:
2) I don't know what to tell you about post-ronin. That is not a situation I can replicate easily at all. I can probably do something about that. Pulling 0 is not an issue though.
Thanks
cheesecookie wrote:
3) Similar to 1), we may not be going to try the war again so we have to reconsider our outfit. BIG is not supported but that is unrelated.
I can't imagine anything in big that would do it. Especially since it was post ronin big which is basically casual, but happened to be level 16 instead of 13. As far as I am aware the higher level is the only difference between post ronin big and casual.
cheesecookie wrote:
1) autorecovery should not be enabled. I'm not sure why preadventure was skipped in your case but this wasn't an action of the script.
Auto recovery is disabled. This is caused by using mafia's cast command. If you try to use kol's default UI to cast a spell you do not have MP for it fails saying you don't have the MP.

But if you use mafia's cast command without enough MP then it will perform a one time auto MP restore. Preadventure was trying to cast prayer of seshet without enough MP, resulting mafia automatically trying to get enough MP to finish the casting. Resulting in an error of not having enough meat.
Example from CLI

> cast 12 prayer of seshat

Casting Prayer of Seshat 12 times...
You acquire an effect: Prayer of Seshat (120)
Prayer of Seshat was successfully cast.

> cast prayer of seshat

Casting Prayer of Seshat 1 times...
You acquire an effect: Prayer of Seshat (10)

> cast prayer of seshat

Purchasing Doc Galaktik's Invigorating Tonic (13 @ 90)...
You spent 1,170 Meat
You acquire Doc Galaktik's Invigorating Tonic (13)
Purchases complete.
Using 13 Doc Galaktik's Invigorating Tonic...
You gain 127 Mana Points
Finished using 13 Doc Galaktik's Invigorating Tonic.
Last one was at 0MP, so it bought doc galactic to restore MP to cast it.
Note that it restored it to 50% MP. This because I still retain the mana settings froms the script which are
"Do not auto recover mana"
"recover up to 50% mana"
The first line indicates that mafia will not auto initiate mana recovery between battles. The second line indicates that on a "manual" recovery request (such as by clicking the MP bar) mafia will recover to 50% only.

The second line btw can also be set to "do not recover mana", but cast still recovers a minimum amount in such a case

> cast 24 prayer of seshat

Casting Prayer of Seshat 24 times...
You acquire an effect: Prayer of Seshat (240)

> cast prayer of seshat

Purchasing Doc Galaktik's Invigorating Tonic (1 @ 90)...
You spent 90 Meat
You acquire an item: Doc Galaktik's Invigorating Tonic
Purchases complete.
Using 1 Doc Galaktik's Invigorating Tonic...
You gain 11 Mana Points
Finished using 1 Doc Galaktik's Invigorating Tonic.
The first line was batch casting 24 to drain MP to 2.
Second line tried to cast it once (5MP cost on 2 MP left) and used a single doc galactic tonic. Restoring just enough for a single casting. Unlike previous example which bought 13 doc galactic tonics to restore me to 50% MP.

---

Also, may I suggest an anti infinite loop measure. Create a variable infloopcount and lastturn.
Whenever the turn planner that gives the outputs
Turn(714): Starting with 3 left at Level: 10
comes about, it should check to see if lastturn was a smaller number. If yes, set infloopcount to zero, if yes then ++ it.
Then check if infloopcount is greater than 30, if yes abort.
post combat should also reset it to zero (to take care of free combats being chained possibly).

As such, an infinite loop would be caught and terminate automatically. The only way for a false positive is if you somehow chain 30 noncombats that don't consume adventures somehow. Which AFAIK is not possible. And if it does happens can be addressed with a targetted reset of the counter on some such NC adventures.

taltamir
Just Plain Old Pie

Post by taltamir » Mon Oct 22, 2018 1:20 am

On low skill HC ed runs (I am assuming that +50% buff ed unlocks later works) the script is unable to finish the orc chasm quest. Specifically, it can't get 50% item drop bonus for the panty test on twin peak. Due to being HC, I couldn't get 50% item either (although in retrospect, I can think of some side quests that could have done it) and had to resort to brute forcing it for 50 turns to burn the place down.

After burning the place down, and even after completing the quest and getting the reward and going to amon and unlocking the sorceress tower, the script refuses to run anymore until I beat myself in the sorceress tower. Saying that I had already spent 54 adventures in twin peak, so it is aborting.

I think before aborting for spending too many adventures in twin peak, it should check if twin peak is completed, and if it is completed then don't abort.

Also, wow the improvement of just finishing a single HC ed run and having 2 more skill points to work with is utterly massive!

----

suggestion: cc_ascend replaces prismbreak script with its own version. When breaking the prism, it then changes settings back to the original prismbreak script. Recommend actually running the original prismbreak script when doing so.

And/or add "pull all" and "breakfast" in cc_ascend prism break script.

---
I noticed it spends a bunch of early adventures fighting hippies and trying to yellow ray them, then failing by not having access to yellow ray yet. Occasionally aborting due to losing the battle too many times.

---

What is the deal with pre and post combat being skipped by standard adventure handler?
Preadventure skipped by standard adventure handler.
Postadventure skipped by standard adventure handler.

Also why do I constantly see lines like:
Incorrect spleen limit (0) but actually: 15 overriding.
What is going on with that?